• Published 29th Oct 2017
  • 9,617 Views, 136 Comments

Deaths Blossom - BioQuillFiction



I have never been to a convention before, heard some things, saw some streams, but finally I get to attend E3, and I came dressed as Reaper from Overwatch...I should have believed the stories.

  • ...
31
 136
 9,617

Chapter 13: A God's Work is Done

I limped back into the castle. My new godly healing helping to fix me, but much as I hate to admit it, Amon was a stronger god. He easily could have killed me, but just gave me a beat down on Pain's orders.

The aches, pains and throbbing meant nothing to me at the moment. I need to check on Twilight and Shining.

Their parents are gone now… because I failed.

“God…damn it…” I growled, feeling my body start to mist over in my ever growing rage at this. “Also…why am I limping when I can teleport?” I frowned, needing to remind myself that I can just do that now.

I managed to find myself outside of Twilight's door, and she was crying. I could hear it from out here.

Opening it, I saw Shining armor there, red eyed and arms wrapped around his sister tight as she cried into him.

I fell to a knee, as even though the pain and injuries were subsiding, this…this was too much. “I’m sorry…” I said weakly.

The two said nothing, just clinging to each other in their loss.

I got up and walked to a window. In rage I blasted it and looked out. The nearest minotaur camp is two hundred miles north of here.

Amon was right… I'm a God now… time to stop thinking like a mortal man…

I brought out both my Shotguns…and I put them together and created a long two handed scythe that fit the motif of my Hellfire Shotguns. “When you two feel better…tell Celestia I’m going on a walk.” I said to the two as I used my new god speed to rush towards the Minotaur Camp. “Pain wants to give Doomfist a lesson? Well I’m going to give him a lesson that he’ll never fucking forget.” I thought to myself in abhorrent rage.

As I felt the wind rush around me and the scenery become a blur, I felt my body change. Altering to match my rage. I felt my muscles stretch and elongate, growing thin yet feeling thousands of times stronger. My armor felt more akin to skin as soon colors faded to black, leaving only lined silhouettes of the world and people illuminated by a colorful light.

Their souls, I realized. Looking at them I saw everything about who this person was. My hearing felt stronger. Conversations of people I passed miles ago I could pick up. My sense of smell, better than a sharks as I could smell the blood pumping in them.

New titles obtained. God Chris is now the God of Souls, Wrath and Rage.

Good.

“Slightly annoyed that my anger and rage literally gave me a new divine portfolio, it’ll do.” I thought to myself, flying closer and closer to the minotaur camp as I saw the hundreds of soul’s, all blazing brightly acting like…like savages!

I crashed into the ground, sending a shockwave out that kicked up dust all around the camp.

"The hell is that thing?!" One of the Minotaur soldiers shouted.

"Kill it!" Another yelled.

I grinned.

“So many souls…” I said, shoving my hand into a Minotaur that got too close to me as I grabbed and slowly pulled out their soul, hearing gasps of horror ring out. “So little time…” I said, turning the minotaur shaped soul, which was colored in blues and whites, and slowly turned it into reds and oranges as the minotaur shaped soul screamed as it was shaped into a brand new creature. “If you have any God left in your miserable existence…just know…” I said, as the new soul beast roared. “I’m not listening.” I hissed, raising my scythe up behind the one minotaur that yelled to ‘kill it’ and pulled back, the blade sliding cleanly through the Minotaur’s body and pulling their soul towards me as I turned it into another soul beast.

The panic was like a symphony. Their guns blasted against my hide to little effect as I made quick work of the fools. Those I didn't turn into more beasts, I devoured, gaining strength and knowledge as I soon cleared the camp. When it was done I had twenty soul beasts still and new knowledge on other camp locations and the city layout of the Minotaur lands capital where Doom Fist resided.

“Unless they surrender and plead for mercy, kill and devour.” I said to my soul beasts, as their creator I knew they still held at least the knowledge to not murder the ones that give up as the soul’s of our enemies never lie. “Akande wanted this…so I’m giving it to him.”

(meanwhile in some far off undisclosed location)

“Oh ho ho he’s pissed!” Sombra laughed in fear at seeing what Chris just did to that camp. “Oh boy…good thing I have a backup plan…” Sombra said as they started to pack their bags quickly.

(back with literal Death)

I flew closer to my next target, knowing that even if they had surveillance cameras for these places they wouldn’t have made it in time to do anything productive against me as I saw the soul’s waiting to be reaped.

Each camp I slaughtered added to my own numbers and power. My soldiers informed me Equestrian soldiers handled the clean up and acquisition of the loot I left after the slaughter.

When the last camp was gone I made it to the boarders of the Minotaur lands… here, I saw Reaper standing.

"Wow. You embraced that mantel better than I did." He said.

“And you are a sorry pathetic waste of a man.” I said, seeing into their soul and learning everything about them. “All because one Jack Morrison was better than you.”

"... Maybe." He said. "But one thing I always do is fight til the end." He said, putting on his own Reaper mask and raising those weaponized scythes. "I know you're going to kill me. Whatever Amon did to you, it stuck. So come on. Show me you're worthy of inheriting the mantle of Reaper."

“If you insist.” I said, raising my scythe and swinging it down onto Reaper, as ripping out his soul would be too easy and quick for him.

His previously unbreaking skin ripped under my blade, his bones and organs, my former body, cleaved in two. I saw his soul begin to vacate at the death and I grabbed it. Being the god of souls I was able to store it without absorbing it. I'll find a new use for you later. For now…


Doom First sat on his throne. The video footage he watched sent a smirk on his face into a manic grin.

"It looks like it worked." Pain said, sitting at the thrones steps. "He has accepted his full godly strength and even gained two new titles."

"And once I slay him, this planet, and the multiverse, will be mine to conquer in your name." He said.

"Unless he kills you." Pain added.

"Should that happen, I'd be in your eternal service. Either way, I win."

Pain smirked, vanishing right as the doors to the throne burst down and I walked in.

“Akande Ogundimu, The Successor, Doomfist…tell me, on a scale of one to ten, how fucked are you?” I growled.

He laughed, standing up as he walked up to me without an ounce of fear. No. He looked thrilled. "For the man who played at being Reaper, you sure surpassed him." He said. I swung my scythe but he dodged, leaning back then as he rose punched me with his new arm, sending me back out of the room and into a wall. "How does, Doomfist the God Killer sound to you?"

He was completely insane.

“You sound like an idiot that’s let your lust for power, your incessant drive for conflict get the better of him and have become nothing more than a soulless monster hell bent on licking the very ground some ‘The Ring’ cosplayer stands on.” I growled.

Without a word he rushed, slamming into me and in the free fall began slamming that void infused fist into me.

For the first time this new body of mine felt pain. Brushing and some cracks in my skeleton.

The impact to the ground kicked up dust and I used it to slam my scythe into him.

His void arm managed to block it, he then kicked me into a building where civilian monitor citizens were.

"Come on 'Reaper' you're one to talk about Cosplay considering how you got here." He called out as I got back up and rushed him.

“Need to remember, he’s got experience on his side…but I think I have an idea.” I thought to myself, rushing towards him swiftly and swinging my scythe down, ready to shift my weapon into another form in an instant if he tried to dodge or block it.

He raised his arm to block. I smirked, shifting it immediately back to the form of a shotgun. Not two, just one very large one and fired.

Doomfist was blasted back and through several buildings. I ran over and saw him standing up. Bleeding and holes along his body closing. He laughed. "Been a while since I bled. Let me return the favor."

He rushed at me. I fired again, blasting his void arm clean off only for his other-

Crack!

The impact broke my jaw and sent me the out more buildings. As Doomfist walked back over to me I noticed his other arm was now coated in not skin… opal.

Fuck. He knows my divine weakness. Course he does.

I rubbed the area he punched. It was bruised, blistered and bleeding… and not healing.

“Cause of course he knows…but I know better…” I thought to myself, as I looked up and saw a flicker in his soul, as I dodged his right straight…rather easily. “Huh…that felt different.” I thought to myself, seeing his soul flicker again as I dodged a left hook. “Yeah…I think I got it.” I hummed, seeing it flicker again but brighter in growing aggravation as he used a dash punch that I side stepped and stuck out a foot, causing him to trip and fly straight into a wall.

He got back up and rushed me, his void arm regrown or reattached, I didn't see, and rushing at me.

I turned to mist, and flowed into him. His opal limb burned me like touching the flames of the sun but I held on, forcing his organs to bleed and tear. Finally, I materialized myself, erupting from his torso in a bloody shower and grasping his soul.

I looked at it. The corrupted, twisted thing… and crushed it.

New Titles Unlocked. God Chris is now the God of Souls, Wrath, Rage, and Death.

Fitting…

Doomfist was dead. I let myself return to normal… it was over… just like that?

I heard clapping. Turning around I saw Pain standing over the gore that was Doomfist's corpse. "Congratulations. You won."

“Felt…a little anticlimactic?” I said, frowning as I thought there was something else to it. “But hi…I suppose your Pain?”

"Correct." She said, a sickly dark portal opening up and claiming Doomfist's body. "Now that you have won, I have two options for you."

“And what are those two options?” I inquired.

"You can take your skills, powers, and travel to a new realm where you can fight and grow stronger. Or, you can stay here as you are."

I blinked, rather confused and slightly concerned here. “And…what if I go to this new world? Is everything I know here gone? Also where the fuck is Amon and all his kidnapped people? I still need to save them and wring his neck.”

"Amon resides within my realm, in a land I gave to him and his species. And if you go to the new realm, everyone here would love and move on, but you would be gone and unable to return. As for the people he took, you remember what he told you? They aren't who they were when he took them. They're gone, and what they are now isn't even the same species as the equines or anything on this planet."

I growled and rubbed my temples. “God damn it…” I said, thinking about the Amon thing and how he gets away with his bullshit…but then realized what the first thing meant. “Wait, fuck no! Why in god’s name would I lose everything that I know and love?”

"Is that what you desire?

“I don’t want to lose my family, I’m already strong enough to single handedly destroy an entire army, and you're ‘chosen’ in less than four hours…”

"Yes. It seems Doomfist may have underestimated you. If that is what you desire then I shall take my leave. You might hear and meet my associates, but I shall leave you and the realms you have access to alone. Enjoy your life." With that, Pain walked off…

Once she was gone I fell to my ass. Ugh… heh… so it's really over…

“Only thing that I hate, that was a complete missed opportunity on my end…I didn’t use Death Blossom and that hurts me…” I groaned, hating how I couldn’t have nerded out so goddamn hard over that.

I huffed… oh well… guess I should head home now… at the very least, I can take care of Twilight, Shining… they need me.

Comments ( 3 )

11528445
Sure. I've personally always been in the camp of Spike's egg having been infertile, petrified, or just a rock Celestia painted so sure, go ahead.

Login or register to comment