• Published 29th Oct 2017
  • 9,617 Views, 136 Comments

Deaths Blossom - BioQuillFiction



I have never been to a convention before, heard some things, saw some streams, but finally I get to attend E3, and I came dressed as Reaper from Overwatch...I should have believed the stories.

  • ...
31
 136
 9,617

Chapter 10: Crimes of War

It was late at night. Celestia and I were looking up at the moon. The silhouette of her sister, the head anyway, imprinted on it's surface.

"So soon yet also so far away." She sighed.

“We…really need to figure out how to fit that in with…all this…” I sighed. “Cause if we’re too slow…she might either be with Doomfist…or something worse…”

"We have ten years. I don't know how much can be done by then but I can hope Twilight will be ready."

“It’s also if Twilight’s Friends are ready…whatever Friend’s she’ll have by that time due to…outside circumstances.” I shook my head. “I really hate how…me being here has made so many things more difficult.”

"Nobody blames you Chris. This was unexpected and all we can do now is adapt and persevere."

“Which reminds me, how many of our allies have we got against Doomfist?” I asked. “And should I be making my way towards any of the…more stubborn races?”

"The zebra's and Deer both thankfully send aid for an alliance. The Hippogriffs have an issue that they say if we can help them with, they'll lend us aid as well. The dragon lord so far states that while the threat is understood he will remain neutral until such a time neutrality is not an option."

“So Doomfist is already heading to the Dragon Lands to piledrive them into the ground unless they follow him…fuck.” I frowned. “What about the Hippogriffs? What’s their issue?”

"There is an upstart near their lands. Typically all activities from their neighbors in the Badlands don't effect them, however this new upstart is growing in power and support fast. He claims to be the King of the Yetis. A typically self isolating species. He is armoring the largest of his kind and any who don't recognize his authority become an example. A tyrant more than anything but he has no powers of his own save the strength of his race and affinity for ice magic, a natural thing for Yetis. Each day his army moves closer and closer to the Hippogriff Kingdom. Queen Clarion is worried about her people's safety as any ruler would."

I nodded. Without Tempest as his lap dog he won't be too much of an issue, and clearly this is well before he finds that staff. Still, don't know what he has. Doubt he has those petrification bombs yet.

“Alright, so go off and either kick the crap out of an upstart dictator…or somehow get the Yeti’s on our side if his claims are true.” I said honestly.

"I don't know much about Yeti culture so I'm afraid to say you'll be going in blind-"

"I know about them." Chrysalis said, walking out onto the patio with us, half dressed in her underwear and a lose tank top. God I loved her sleepwear. Felt a bit like home and was easily removable should certain moods arise.

"What do you know?" Celestia asked.

"They're peaceful. Normally. This 'King' had to have worked really hard to get them to be violent let alone kill. I suspect manipulation or even magic is at fault."

“Alright.” I nodded. “So I’m not liking this already…but what else can you tell us about the Yeti’s?”

"They're typically ruled by Queens like Celestia here or myself. So for a King to rise in any kind of power must mean he does have some biological ties to the former Yeti royal family."

"I'm a princess but you do make a point. What would make them crown a king then?" Celestia asked.

"Sole heir." Chrysalis said.

"Yeah that sounds fair." I nodded. "So probably blowing his legs off wouldn't be a good thing."

"I don't know much about the Yetis customs or culture but I do know that normally a Yeti is strong enough to throw five ton boulders and can be hit by them and survive so armored ones will be… difficult to deal with."

"So how should we deal with them?" Celestia asked.

"I have an idea, but first, bed you two. I'm all mostly naked and ready to be spooned and you two won't stop talking."

I chuckled at that. "Well, we have a lot of important business to tend to."

"I'm important business…" Chrysalis pouted.

Celestia chuckled. "Alright. You two head on, I'll join in a moment."

With that I went to bed, Joined by Chrysalis and soon Celestia.

The next morning I was preparing to head out for the location of the main Yeti Kingdom. Chrysalis knew where it was and after that I was gonna head for the Hippogriff Kingdom.

I was halfway to the chariot when suddenly I felt something vibrate in my pocket. Stunned I stood there in shock as I reached in and pulled out my cellphone. Since I arrived here it just had photos, music, some Ebooks and a few videos I downloaded to have and watch… now, it had service…

"This…this isn't right in the slightest…" I muttered. "How and…" I suddenly realized a thing. "Sombra…"

As if on cue my phone screen changed to that iconic Hacked image. "If you are hearing this then my Satellite has launched successfully and detected technology not of my making and alien to this dimension. I know who you are, and I know what you are, and I want you to know I'm an ally." The audio message started before showing me an image of a beach. "Find me at this location at these coordinates. I know you have little reason to trust me but you need to know how bad things are here, and with Doomfists new upgrades it's gonna get worse."

With the message done my phone still had service, the hack was now gone but now I had an new App.

Contact Sombra.

Oh boy…

Checking the app it also showed me the coordinates… these are very close to the Hippogriff Kingdom. Good. Won't have to worry about that.

"So good news, we're going to meet a friend." I said readily.

I got into the chariot and was off to the mountains just before crossing into the badlands.

The cold here was fucking insane.

I walked through the seemingly endless blizzard til I found something. An all ice tower.

I managed to find the door and when I pushed it open, the smell of something old and metallic hit my nose…

Oh no.

I pushed the door open and used my flashlight.

Corpses and blood were all frozen to either the walls or floor of this hallway.

What did he do?

"What the fuck…" I muttered angrily. "This isn't good…not in the slightest…"

I walked in, examining the corpses… they were, maybe a month old? The frozen bit is new to me, but given how much ice and frost is on them it's a decent guess.

As I walked through the halls and saw more bodies I felt sick. Almost all of them seemed to be females… almost. There was a few males, and… young. Also, mostly female.

I stopped when I heard a grunt. Carefully I looked around a corner to see a single armored male watching a cage where a female sat in thick chains.

The female looked maybe, given the corpses I saw… maybe a bit older than a child? Young adult maybe? The male was a behemoth. That armor was thick too. Okay, guess it's time to see how much kick these shotguns have.

"Alright…" I muttered, pulling out my shotguns and misting over to the prick, before firing my gun pointblank into the males back.

The armored faceplate took the first two shots. Broke on the third, and red painted the ice walls behind as the fourth, fifth and sixth shots were offloaded into his now obliterated head and neck.

I walked over to the cages female, breaking the bars open and her chains off her.

She was… honestly, really pretty. And… fluffy. "Thank you…" She said, rubbing her wrists.

"Your welcome." I said. "Now what the hell happened here and who do I need to pump full of lead?"

"....My brother, Throll…" She said quietly. "After our mother died, I was to be named the new queen. But Thrall wanted the crown for himself. Sought to become a conqueror and a tyrant. In truth he just wants to keep us from going extinct in the worst way possible."

I looked back at all the dead bodies…

“You’re brother’s a complete and total dumbass you know that?” I asked.

"I'd agree with you had I not seen his plan myself." She took a breath. "Yetis are a unique race. We can only breed with one another. Well, sort of. If the father is a yeti, the child is born as whatever race the mother is. But a female yeti, whoever we mate with we will birth a yeti. While female are… were, larger in numbers, males were dwindling. First one in three births. Then one in six. Now there are one male for every ten births is male. And I like other Yetis, we females birth one litter of up to four only once in our lives while males… produce, like any other male of the species. He plans on capturing females of any race and augmenting them with potions to force their offspring to be born as a Yeti."

That is… beyond convoluted and a really bad plan.

“That’s convoluted, and extraordinary bad.” I frowned. “So let me ask you this…why didn’t you literally ask any other race for help?” I asked. “Instead of trying to take over a country…I’m an Ambassador and current boyfriend of both Queen Chrysalis and Princess Celestia…” I rubbed my temples. “Culling your own people is retarded and a bad idea…”

"I didn't have a choice, brother locked me up just hours after our mother passed." She growled at me. "Mother always did tell me he was a Child of Pain…"

That's… a new phrase… also huh?

“Child of Pain?” I inquired. “What do you mean by that?”

"It's what we use to refer to someone as irredeemable. Acting on violence and hatred and anger and not caring who gets hurt or dies. Truly Evil."

Huh… makes sense given what I've heard of Pain.

“Alright, so shove this down his throat and pull the trigger, got it.” I nodded, lifting one of my guns happily.

"May I accompany you?"

“Sure.” I nodded. “Any and all help is appreciated, especially from a beautiful and fluffy lady like yourself.” I said…though I did notice what I said. “Ugh…fucking Chrysalis flirting is rubbing off on me…”

"You… actually think me beautiful?" She asked, standing up now. She was a bit taller than me and despite the fluff she was… built like Celestia and her worn and dirty dress was… not hiding much now that she was on both feet…

“I mean…yeah?” I said, blushing behind my mask at the…big fluffy lady. “We need to get you some better clothes…and I’ll take you out on a date after I deal with your brother being an idiot.”

"Uh, right." She looked down at her clothes. "I shall go change." She rushed off.

I waited for a bit for her to return. Eventually she walked back up adorned in a light, silk dress that wasn't poofy or even all that fancy. It actually looked a bit like… a longer version of Celestia's night gown. "This was all I could find. It seems brother torched my belongings…" She huffed. So it is a night gown…

“Ma’am…” I lightly rubbed my temple. “God help my hips when we get home…” I muttered. “That’ll do for now, anyways, we need to get to brother murdering.”

"At least let me get to know you first…" She said, blushing. "I might be a princess but Fairytale esc romances are for children…"

“That’s what I thought to before I started dating Celestia and Chrysalis.” I said. “Celestia cause…well I was her niece’s bodyguard, and Chrysalis cause…well I solved her entire nation’s problem.”

"Meanwhile it looks like I might be the only Yeti left when this business with my brother is done…"

That hit me like a truck… I knew her brother, Throll, his plan was stupid but he seems to have…

I kill him and his army… she becomes the last Yeti on Equis…

“That’s…” I muttered, before shaking my head. ‘No, you will not be the last Yeti on Equis…I’ll think of something, I promise.”

With that I escorted her back to the Chariot. Before we left she closed the doors and sealed them over with a thick layer of ice. The Tomb of her people…

Our next stop was the coordinates Sombra sent me.

This was gonna be a long ride… well, might as well talk to her… shit I didn't even ask her name! And I was already making mental preparation to plow her…

Chrysalis really has rubbed off on me… and not just in that way…

“The thing’s I do for love and pretty women…” I sighed. “So…what’s your name princess?”

"Frost." She stated. "And yours?"

"Chris." I nodded. "So…tell me about Yeti culture, cause the only things I know about are you're really strong, really fluffy…and one of my students is part yeti."

"Well, the females are actually stronger both physically and magically compared to the males, we actually were created by one of the Gods of Nature long before Equis had a name. And in recent years the females have become rather… possessive of our males… we can only birth one litter in our lifetimes and with the male population in decline for generations it regrettably put our race into an… awkward situation."

"I find the 'one litter per lifetime' as a massive drawback." I frowned. "And dumb…"

"We made do for generations until recently. As a result males became more akin to… public servants…"

Public… oh…

"Brother wanted nothing to do with it, and was often belittled and outcasted for pursuing solitude and alchemical research. A few times he was… forced, into the Service by groups of females. He was never the same after. Growing angrier and more wrathful."

"I mean…yeah, rape is not cool in any regard." I frowned.

"Even after punishment was given, many still tried or harassed him. I tried to console him but he was such a different person after it happened. And when mother died he made his move. Somehow he made a potion that imprinted his hatred and ideals into the minds of as many males as possible and with a word began the slaughter."

"Oh…that's…that's really fucked up…" I frowned.

"What has he been doing while I was locked away?"

“Currently he’s trying to take over the Hippogriffs.” I said. “Which…considering what you just said with him using potions to turn them into Yeti’s or…at least, bear Yeti children…” I hissed.

"Yes. What he is doing can't be allowed to happen."

“Now I need to know if me murdering this rat bastard would either stop the rage in all the others…or it somehow giving me control out of nowhere.” I said honestly.

"I don't know." Frost sighed.

“We’ll just have to figure that out later.” I nodded. “What sucks more is that…this is happening while the world is going to war and also going to absolute shit because an All Maker decided to throw in all their monsters…”

The rest of the ride was silent.

We arrived at the beach and once I was outside the chariot I opened the app and waited.

“Alright Sombra, I’m here.” I called out, knowing the hacker was around here somewhere.

“Took you long enough.” I heard the woman in question answer, seeing Sombra materialize from nowhere and looking…a lot more high tech than before.

“I know, I just had to…deal with somethings.” I said carefully.

“Be glad it’s me and not Akande knowing about the Yeti’s.” Sombra rolled her eyes. “Deplorable bastard…” She shook her head. ‘But that’s not why we’re here, we’re here so that I can help you deal with our…mutual issue.”

“Doomfist.” I nodded.

“So…first off, bad news.” Sombra said nervously. “He’s been…’blessed’ by his Patron, Pain as you have probably heard about from the local gods here.” Which was a rousing goddamn start to this conversation. “Even though the Dragon’s have explicitly stated to be remaining Neutral until stated otherwise, he has gone off to probably murder the current Dragon Lord.”

“Mother fucker…” I growled.

“Yeah…it’s bad.” Sombra shuddered. “Especially when…even with my new Tech…Pain knew I was watching…” The poor mexican shuddered in pure fear. “Currently, I’ve been taking the Minotaur’s into the Future with their Magic and my Technical knowledge, so already your off to a…not so good start.” Sombra said as she brought up screen’s showing just…how outlandishly far ahead the Minotaur’s are than Equestria.

“Shit…” I grumbled. “That’s…that’s not good at all…” I said worriedly. “So…mind telling me a bit about Pain?”

“Ever seen the girl from The Ring?” I nodded. “Yeah, now imagine that, but infinitely times worse…her eyes are as black as the Void, her very presence is fear inducing…and she’s currently sponsoring Akande to destroy this world.”

“Yeah…that’s not good at all…” I shook my head. “So…I take it that you’re helping me here cause you’d rather not have another war ruin a world?”

“I joined Talon so I could stop The Eye…but yes, I’m here to stop Akande from doing something completely outlandish and bullshit.” She answered simply. “As a war orphan…I’d rather it not happen here…”

“We’re trying…” I sighed. “So, what’s your army looking like?”

“Currently…” Sombra sighed. “He’s turning the Minotaur soldiers into Savages, not giving a single damn about life or limb as they’re training is forcing them to practically kill each other so they can be ready to slaughter any and all in their way.” She shook her head. “With the Minotaur’s smithing prowess, Akande’s knowledge on biology and cybernetics, and my help with communications…if you don’t figure out something fast, this world is as good as gone.”

I rubbed my temples bitterly. “Ugh, this fucking sucks…” I grumbled.

“Trust me, I know.” Sombra sighed. “But besides the Minotaurs, we’re gaining ground with more of the…’monstrous’ races, and currently Akande is turning his sights to Tartarus and whatever Talon merc’s I can transport here.” Sombra said.

“This is getting worse and worse…” I sighed. “Do you think Sigma and Moira would join my side?”

“Considering Celestia is literally Goddess of the Sun, Sigma might enjoy talking to her about how Gravity works or some other nonsense…while Moira…well, considering how much of a huge Weeb you are, I’m pretty sure you can strike a deal with her or something.” Sombra shrugged.

“Still can’t believe she’s a weeb.” I chuckled. “Also…how much do you know about me?”

“Everything I can.” Sombra said. “Also…really? That much porn?”

“Shut it.” I said quickly. “No need to delve into that subject…” I shook my head.

"I won't lie, so far your odds and Equestria's are looking extremely bleak. Luckily I have an idea that can possibly give you some kind of fighting chance."

“Anything that can help would be very appreciated.” I nodded.

"Here." She said, tossing me a small tablet. "That tablet has all my blueprints. Including the portal I made. Despite your appearance I'm willing to bet the Overwatch is willing to help if you can make contact. Plus before I arrived two of them broke into Talon and stole copies of my early beta plans. Secondly, it also contains a special signal tracer. Doomfist plans on sending supplies and cargo to his allies or locations he plans to build bases of operation. It can tell you what the cargo is, and the level of security it has so raiding them on site or during their transport will at least get you weapons, ammo, or whatever is being shipped."

“Thanks Sombra.” I nodded. “This means…so much.”

"Don't thank me yet. I might be able to avoid and even trick Doomfist, but there's not a doubt in my mind that Pain will suspect or know I'm working against her. Part of me doubts she'll say anything, but I know at any time she can kill me. I think the only reason she hasn't is because she sees this as entertaining."

“Also…let’s be honest, Doomfist probably wouldn’t give a shit either even if he knew.” I shrugged. “Whatever will make him happy in this dumbass needless war and his thoughts on ‘progression’...” I sighed. “But with Pain? Well…Pain is an All Maker, a being that God’s Worship…and fear for good reason.”

"Maybe. Either way now that Doomfist is less tech and more freaky black magic I know I'm not gonna survive a fight if he decides to pick one. This will probably be the last time I contact you for a while."

“That’s fair.” I nodded. “Contact us whenever you can Sombra, and I’ll get this back home to get thing’s started.”

"Be seeing you around not-Reaper." She said, vanishing in a shimmer of light as she turned around.

I put the tablet away and went back to the chariot.

“Well…that was very informative…” I sighed.

Now, we were on the way to the Hippogriff Kingdom.

Upon our arrival I was met by two of them. A male and a female. They looked almost like a mix of griffins and ponies.

"You must be Reaper, yes?" The female asked. "I am Queen Novo. And this is my husband, King Kelvo." She introduced.

Queen Novo was rather regal. A pinkish white color with large wings. Kelvo was large, broad and had a few scars exposed from his armor/regal attire. He's combat savvy… a soldier even.

“It’s nice to meet you both.” I nodded. “Yes, I am Reaper…and boy do I have a lot of things to talk about.”

"We must make it quick. The Yeti King is barely a day's travel from here." King Kelvo said.

I nodded and began explaining to them what Frost told me and her brother's twisted plan.

"I don't approve of his actions but at least now I can understand where they come from." Novo said with a grim frown. "But it does not justify them."

"Should we begin the counter attack my Queen?" Kelvo asked.

“What do you have planned?” I inquired, wanting to know what they have in mind before I try and bring up me just going up there and killing him myself.

"We Hippogriffs have Magic Relic from our Gods that allow us to switch between a land/air form of body to a sea based one." Kelvo stated. "My wife wishes to use it to hide below the ocean should the enemy get too close, but I know we can Weaponize it."

"I don't like the idea of weaponizing the relic our gods left us." Novo stated.

“Well, how about I just go up there, blow his brains out with this,” I brought out one of my shotguns. “And see if I magically obtain control of all the Yeti’s?” I inquired.

"It would be a good alternative." Kelvo said.

"I suppose. If the other male Yetis are just under mind control, please try to spare as many as you can. We have Alchemists and I imagine Celestia would lend mages to save them should we capture them. But do kill the Yeti King. His crimes are far too great for a court to decide his fate." Novo said.

“Yep.” I nodded. “And I also get to test…something important.” I said, now thinking of how absorbing souls might work in this world.

"Then make haste Reaper. Before he arrives on our boarders." Novo said.

"I'll be quick." I nodded. "But where are they coming from if I may ask? Since I just got here and don't know much of the layout of the land."

"North East along the coast." Kelvo said.

“Cool.” I nodded. “I’ll bring back something to prove he’s dead if you want."

"No need. Just be quick." Novo said.


The battle was… actually, really anti-climactic. I got into the airship, knocked out a whole lot of the mind controlled guards, went up to the not to be Storm King and ended it.

Sadly control did not pass along to me like I hoped but I did manage the Soul Devouring thing. I got an affinity for Ice magic and some basic knowledge on it which has been helpful in training.

The following months passed in a blur almost. Our first raid using Sombra's tracer tablet and such got us the supplies and advantage we've been needing. Everything from state of the art medicine to high grade Sci-Fi armor, weapons and vehicles.

Frost, in that time took to working on helping the afflicted break out of the mind control her brother put them under and ended up a form of Diplomat/Refugee. Including her and the afflicted, there's only a hundred and nine Yetis left. She became part of our little harem too after several dates, a discovered love of video games and anime, and one rather interesting first time later she was part of the harem. Or, herd, as they call it here.

With the high tech gear to combat these monsters properly a lot of work began getting focused on defenses for towns and cities. Walls, either physical or energy based were being built. The trains were being armored. All in all Equestria has jumped centuries into the future.

I was on patrol around the Everfree. Supposedly some new monster had been sighted that was different from the rest. Smaller and seemed to be wielding weapons.

“Alright…where in the hell is this thing?” I wondered, carefully stalking through the darkened woods in search for my prey. “Though I still need to figure out how to get to Purgatory…that’s gonna be a hassle and a half…”

As I was walking I faintly heard something move, then felt the sharp and powerful slice across my neck as someone slashed it. Myst rushed out as my body began to repair itself. I grabbed my throat and saw the attacker. He was dressed in ragged all black cloak and hood with some mask that looked like leather over his face.

In his hands were two Scythes, small and glowing with a dark and unnatural aura.

"Darn. I was hoping that'd hurt you more." He said before leaping up and kicking me in the head and across the ground.

“Ugh, the fuck.” I grumbled, getting back up quickly. “Who the fuck are you?”

"You should know." He said, leaping and moving with inhuman agility as he closed the distance between us fast.

I raised my guns but he used his scythes to knock my aim off course and head butt me into a stager. Before I could recover he struck both blades I to my torso, lifting til they were caught in my ribs.

I lifted my shotgun and blasted it at his left leg, hoping to at least cripple the speedy prick so I can get some answers.

His cloak or skin seemed to just… deflect the shot. In anger I ripped and pulled his leather face mask and gasped… that's… my face. My old face!

"You getting it yet?" He asked, pulling his blades up more, cutting through my ribs, lungs and heart before kicking me into a tree hard enough to crack it and my spine as he walked up to me as my body was working overtime to heal all that.

“R-Reaper? The hell…” I coughed. “Why the fuck are you doing in my body?”

"The same reason you're in mine." He said plainly. "Crossed paths in the place between dimensions. Left something with one another. Took from one another." He said, slamming the heel of his boot onto my barely healed ribs, cracking them again. "I don't appreciate having something as personal as my body taken from me."

“Well…” I coughed. “Blame the bastard that sold me your shotguns for fifty bucks.” I wheezed, before grabbing onto his leg and started to use Ice Magic onto him, hoping to siphon away his internal heat to make him slower and weaker.

The second I grabbed his he jerked his foot lose and kicked my chin hard enough to knock the mask off.

"Pathetic. All the power in that body and you waste it. The technology and dark magic that was poured into it."

“Like you were doing any better with it.” I said, getting back up carefully. “Ugh, so what? Taking my body out for a test drive or are you pissed that you aren’t in constant pain anymore?” I asked, taking a deep breath as I prepared my next move.

"I do miss it you know? The pain. It was a constant reminder I am me. And now it's gone. You can't even begin to imagine the hollowness the absence of that pain has left me."

“No, I can.” I nodded. “So why the fuck are you here specifically?” I asked, ready for the instant he moves.

"Just thought I'd give you something back." He said, reaching into his cloak and pulling out some dog tags. Dry blood was all over them. "Turns out DNA can also be used to trace home dimensions of people. So I paid a visit to yours." He tossed them to me. I recognized the names instantly. "Once your old Unit friends were dealt with I let Doomfist take over. Your world now belongs to Talon."

I moved, faster than I thought was possible as I turned my arm into mist and shoved it into Reapers chest. “Make one sudden move, and I will crush your heart.” I growled, my phantom hand grasping at his heart.

"Awe, try it." He laughed.

I grabbed onto his heart but despite the strength it wasn't crushing. It just kept beating in my palm as he laughed and kicked me away. "You can't harm me. Pain made sure of that!" He yelled as began cutting me with his scythes. "I should thank you, really. Talon wanted a whole other universe for resources and slaves and test subjects and yours delivered quite well. Billions of people with no one there to save them." Reaper said. I slammed my fist to his face, breaking my hand on impact. "The man who can't die and the man who can't be damaged. We can do this for all eternity Chris." He laughed.

“Let’s try something else.” I growled, pulling out my Shotgun and blasted the bastard in the chest, hoping that it’s soul stealing effect would work against him.

It knocked him down but he managed to backflip back to his feet. He smirked at me before snapping his fingers and vanishing.

I did see wisp’s floating around where he vanished, tiny little specks but it still showed I was able to chip at his soul. “This is…fucking fantastic…” I grumbled, walking over and collecting the small wisps.

When I was done with that I looked at the Dog Tags… those men saved me from that hell… we bled and fought together… I don't care if his body is indestructible. I. Will. Kill. Him.