• Published 29th Oct 2017
  • 9,614 Views, 136 Comments

Deaths Blossom - BioQuillFiction



I have never been to a convention before, heard some things, saw some streams, but finally I get to attend E3, and I came dressed as Reaper from Overwatch...I should have believed the stories.

  • ...
31
 136
 9,614

Chapter 3: Blossoms...

With all my consoles, games and laptop going through magical reverse engineering, I decided to take Cadence and Blueblood out for a bit. I talked with Celestia and she said that Fillydelphia’s beach would be fun. The kids packed their things and we were on a train. At least I still had my phone.

“What is that?” Cadence asked, Blueblood’s ears perking up and his eyes looking in interest as Cadence pointed at my phone.

“It’s called a phone. Celestia wants to take this away from me for more than a day she’ll be prying it from my cold, never-dying hands.” I said, searching though the music files.

“What does it do?”

“Think of it kinda like my laptop, only has less stuff/power than it, but still does a lot.”

“So do you got games from your world on it too?”

“Yeah, they’re not like the ones you and Blueblood play, and frankly I am unsure if I can trust you two with it-”

“Why not?!” Blueblood asked, looking somewhat mad.

“Because A, these things are very fragile, screen breaks or it falls in water, it’s dead. And B...Well, there’s some things I keep on here that kids are not suited to see.”

“So we get no entertainment? It’s a three hour train ride.”

“Well, how about some music from my world. What do I have here that you two might light?” I asked myself, looking through all the songs I had. After a bit, I found one I thought would be alright. A Hero Never Dies. I put an earbud each for them and let the song play.

Halfway through the song. “Got anything else?” Blueblood asked.

“Let me check.” I said, searching through the songs again. “Here’s one. No Mercy. It's actually Kinda Funny.”

An hour or so passed, changing songs every so often. I kept any songs I knew had swears in them out of this selection and when we reached the train station I put my phone and earbuds away. We grabbed our bags and got off. As usual ponies stared at me. I was used to it. A carriage was waiting for us and it took us to a fancy hotel where Celestia had a room for us all ready. When we got up to it, it was like the inside of a house, living room, kitchen, three bedrooms, four bathrooms, patio, and an personal library and indoor pool.

While the kids unpacked I went into the library. It was nothing like in Canterlot, or even the one in Celestia’s bedroom, and no, nothing happened. As I figured most of the books were different encyclopedias. There were also mostly dictionaries, thesauruses, and what few actual books there were all seemed to either be books about the cities tourist attractions or autobiographies of ponies famous to the city.

All in all, this library sucked. “Hey Reaper!” I turned around, seeing Blueblood at the doorway. “Cadence and I were thinking about going somewhere to eat.”

“Sure, let’s just unpack and you two get into something comfortable, alright?”

“Alright.” Blueblood said as he walked off. Wonder why he is such an ass in the show? He’s a nice kid.

I picked out a room quickly, unpacking my bags, which wasn’t much, and saw the kids at the door. Blueblood was in a tux and Cadence was in a poofy dress. “Oh no…” I groan, shaking my head.

“What? This is eating attire.” Blueblood said, confused.

“Not where we’re looking.” I went into Blueblood’s room, finding his most casual clothing was, what I found out, was brand name blue jeans and a white collar shirt. Cadence at least had a normal sun dress and flip flops. With the kids changed I had Cadence wear a poncho type thing to hide her wings. I’m overprotective, shut up.

Once we left the place, me just not wearing my mask and keeping my hood down, we headed for the common man's food district. The whole way, seeing my new face…his face. There was a scare going along both eyes. Ponies gave me stars, but I ignored them and most that did look looked away just as fast. Big cities...only good thing about them is that you can look as odd as can be and most people will only give you a quick glance. Blueblood was a mix of scared, uncomfortable, and bitter about wandering around as a common pony. Cadence though, seemed happy about it. Seems about fright, she was a normal pony before she became an alicorn.

Once at the food district, Blueblood’s attitude seemed to change, the smell of delicious foods calming his groomed princely(jerkly) deminer. Cadence seemed happy too...until I found the restaurant I wanted us to eat at. “Um...are you sure Reaper?” Cadence asked.

“I know it will be weird for you two, but I naturally eat meat, and greens. This is a vacation for me too after all.” I said. The restaurant I had us all stand in front of was a griffon run restaurant, the smell of cooked meat caught my attention instantly. “BEsides, the sign says they serve pony diets also.”

“What’s all you can eat?” Blueblood asked, reading more of the sign.

I smiled. “Exactly what it says.” I said, leading the kids with me into the front door, Inside were several ponies, thestrials, a Minotaur, and, as expected, griffons. Walking up to register, the gryphoness looked surprised to see me. Then again, I am likely the only human she has ever seen. “Hey, how much for one adult and two kids?”

“Oh, uh, ten bits per youngling, er, foal, child...twenty five for adults…” She said, trying not to sound offensive I guess.

I laughed it off, pulling out my bag of bits, stuffed like Naruto’s purse from the earlier episodes, and payed the price for us all. She gave me three plastic cups and I gave the kids each one. “Come on, let’s get some drinks then get the food.”

“But we didn’t order anything?” Blueblood said.

Again, I smiled. “Kid, you are about to learn the meaning of gluttony this day.” I said, taking the kids the the soda dispenser. Cadence seemed to know what to do, and Blueblood watched, mimicking when it was his tur- HEY! Cherry root beer!

When we all got our drinks I picked out a nice booth, the kids on one end and me on the other. “Alright, drinks down, follow me.” I said, Blueblood looking even more confused.

After showing Blueblood how an all you can eat buffet works, he seemed to get the idea as he filled his plate with some kind of Lasagna and pastries, jello, and a rather large bowl of ice cream...I think he grabbed a soup bowl rather than the false glass cups that were there… Eh, kids will be kids....Why didn’t I ever do that when my parents took me to places like these...Oh yeah...not much of a sweet tooth.

Cadence was right along with Blueblood, plate filled with all kinds of things and an equally big bowl of ice cream. I kept my plate simple, some equestrian equivalent of chinese noodles, kabobs, with real meat. Chicken I think. And mashed potatoes covered in gravy.

As we ate at some point smalltalk started up. “So, how many of those...games, do you have?” Cadence asked.

“In total? Well, some I’ve had for years, others are newer, but all in all I think it’s over...two hundred...maybe more. WIth the ones that are able I have a lot of games on the consoles themselves.” I reply.

“Really?” Blueblood asked.

“Yeah, the ones on my PC, the one I told Celestia ‘Take this and mess it up I break you horn’ I modded.”

“Modded?”

“Things people from my world do. Whether it’s for fun, of because they felt it needed something...more, they make a mod. A file the base game, aka, Vanilla game, that the game can load and have work as if it’s part of the game normally. Some mods add little things, new characters, an item, others change the way the game looks, how some things are done, even change the whole game itself.”

“Wow.”

“Yeah, this one game of mine, my favorite mods for it are called Dust, and MoMonsters.”

“What do they?” Cadence asked.

“Well, MoMonsters is self explanatory. Dust changes the whole game, takes away all the quests, everything wants to kill you, and everything is reduced, weapon damage, carry weight, HP, ammo and healing items are harder to find, enemies drop much less, and there’s one goal. Find Safety.”

“How do you do it?”

“Do that hardest thing in that mode. Play the game. Heh, first time I ever played that mod, died about a mile from where I started.”

“Yikes. Think we can play it?” Blueblood asked.

“When you’re older.” I reply.

“How old?”

“...Fourteen, fifteen, around there.”

“That’s three years away.” Blueblood said sadly.

“Time flies Blue.”

“How come you call us by our names and nicknames?” Cadence asked. “Most everypony else calls us Prince and Princess.”

“Cause A, I am not from here, so not under any of your crowns laws of social manures about addressing royalty, and B, you two are kids, you should act like such, and be treated like such.”

They seemed to nod in agreement at that and we kept eating. When Blueblood got up for his third plate I got up to use the bathroom. Some guy half shoved me on my way there. He was a Griffon, and something about him felt bad. I quickly used the bathroom and walked back out, relieved to see both Cadence and Blueblood in the booth. “Hey. I miss anything?”

“Not really.” Cadence replied, taking a bite of what appeared to be tofu.

After we had out fills I took the kids on a walk to help push the food down. Five blocks in on the walk I noticed we were being followed. I informed the kids and had us keep to the heavily populated streets. Cadence and Blueblood were reasonably worried, from what I could tell he was still following so I headed back to the hotel. Once inside the kids seemed to calm some and once back in our room they let go of some long held breaths.

I took a seat in the library and relaxed some. Whoever that guy was, he can’t have gotten in he-

Slice.

Something sharp sliced my neck open, my blood spewing out across the floor. My own blood was pouring into my lungs and my body was reverting to smoke to heal. When it finished I heard Cadence scream and grabbed my shotguns. When I entered her room I saw the griffon that shoved me in the restaurant holding her, and holding a knife to her neck. “How?! I sliced your neck clean open!” He shouted, now pointing the knife at me.

“I’m hard to kill.” I reply, pointing both guns at him. “Drop the princess. Now.”

“I- I’ll hurt her, I swear!” He said, taking the knife back up to her neck.

“Do that, and you’ll be kissing the pavement thirty stories below.”

“You- You wouldn’t kill me.”

“I am ordered and sworn to protect Prince Blueblood and Princess Cadence at any cost. I may not have blood on my hands now, but are you going to be the one to change that? Think hard about that, I’ve already blown off someone’s arms, now she has to have someone feed her and wipe her ass in the dungeons.”

That made him shake, and it’s not a lie. Widowmaker is in the dungeon, legs restrained and upper body held down, nurses and guards making her eat and...cleaning her. I visit, every so often. Every time she looks at me she spits before talking. That would hurt, if I was really Reaper...then again, he wouldn’t care either.

The griff seemed to be weighing his options. As he was putting the knife away he gasped, Cadence running to me. I grabbed her in a tight hug and looked up seeing Blueblood….holding a bloody knife. “Blueblood.” I said, worried.

“I...I...he…” I went over to him, Cadence still with me and comforted BLueblood. “I’m sorry. I was scared, and, and…”

“Shh. It’s alright. It’s alright. You’ll be fine. It’s alright...You did nothing wrong...You were protecting your cousin.”