• Published 29th Oct 2017
  • 9,617 Views, 136 Comments

Deaths Blossom - BioQuillFiction



I have never been to a convention before, heard some things, saw some streams, but finally I get to attend E3, and I came dressed as Reaper from Overwatch...I should have believed the stories.

  • ...
31
 136
 9,617

Chapter 12: Amon

I arrived back in Equestria with Dolo in my arms. So… God of Souls. Honestly I don't feel any different.

“Ya know, I kinda expected to feel…different when becoming a God.’ I said honestly.

"It depends on what you do to become one. I helped you go through the more streamline process." Dolo said.

“Right…” I said, pulling out my ‘God of Souls 101’ book to see what special things I can do now. “Well, at least I have this handy dandy book can tell me what I can do.”

"Yeah. My family made the process and all that much easier. Mom used to say back before the process was about gaining so much power or getting lucky and even when you got it it wasn't explained to you the extent and limitations and capabilities. It was all trial and error before."

“Sounds about right.” I nodded. “I thought Godhood was all about worship and crap like that…glad it’s not.”

"It's a part of it but not the central thing. A god can be unworshiped and powerful, but again that's only a part that can be ignored or used."

“Fair enough.” I nodded, starting to read through my guide book. “Now just have to look up what I can do, and train…and hopefully we won’t have anything suddenly crop up on us…”

I headed into my room, well, Tia's room. Chrysalis and I just sleep and…sleep here with her.

I put Dolo on the mattress and sat down, and opened the book.

So you've become a God of Souls. Congratulations on your achievement and ascending from mortal life to a divine being.

Please note that despite the Ascension, you are still fully capable of dying via combat with another divine being of equal or greater power, artifacts of specific craft made to slay gods, or your Godly Weakness.

Every God does possess one singular weakness that can kill them if it is applied to a lethal weapon. This weakness is unique to each god and is rarely the same as another.

To discover your Godly Weakness, say 'Locate Weakness' and the item or substance in question will illuminate in your vision.

“Alright…Locate Weakness.” I said, doing what the book said.

Immediately I saw something in the corner of my eyes glow. Turning I spotted it, a gem on Celestia's hand mirror. I stood up and walked over to it, picking up the mirror and looking the gem over. This is an… Opal, if I recall?

So, my weakness is Opals? I shrugged, taping a- FUCK!!!

My finger burned like I touched hot oil and I dropped the mirror. Okay, note to self, don't touch Opals either.

“Well, that’s going to be annoying…” I frowned.

The burning went away after a bit, leaving a faint ache in my finger where I touched it. Damn, that was through my gloves.

With a frown I went back and checked on the book.

As a God, you already have a variety of powers and abilities to utilize at your disposal. Instantaneous teleportation, speed and reflexes near, at, or faster than light, the strength to lift or demolish mountains, and endurance that can keep you going for days on end before tiering.

Sleep as a God is optional, but highly recommended.

Food and drink are not necessary, but should be included in your daily life.

The following chapters will cover; Soul Collecting, Soul Manipulation and Alteration, Soul Reaping, Soul Creating, Reincarnation, Opening portals to the Before, Purgatory, and various afterlifes. And lastly, Worship and what worshipers can do for you and what you can do for your followers.

Thank you for taking on the role as a God of Souls, and may eternity be kind to you.

I blinked…no…no I couldn’t be that strong? “Uh…Dolo? Is this book right? It says I’m able to just…move faster than light, destroy mountains without much issue…and is all around stupid strong…”

"Godhood multiplies the base strengths and abilities of your species and multiplies them exponentially." The pup said. "A normal human turn god can do all that easy, you, a trained soldier with an augmented already super human body? You'll be faster and stronger."

“Oh…” I muttered. “That’s…that’s good to know…” I said, now kinda scared as to what I was actually capable of doing before.

I flipped the boom to the first chapter. Soul Collecting.

Soul Collecting. This is an ability shared by many gods and divine beings, this allows one to collect souls either through finding them as lost spirits in purgatory or the living realm, making deals in exchange for said souls, or killing and claiming the soul that way.

This has several uses and benefits.

Firstly, souls are a form of power. Collecting souls and absorbing them will increase your own powers by anywhere between .5% to 300% depending on the soul in question.

Alternatively, you can re insert a soul collected into a fresh body, bringing the soul back to the land of the living in either an organic or inorganic body.

Making deals with mortals for souls is typically seen in demonic divinity but gods are fully capable of this as well. The result is that a mortal who's soul you own can and must do all your bidding if it is a direct order. They can also safely utilize all and any powers, abilities and divine artifacts you bestow upon them if you see fit to.

Killing for a soul is also applicable to all the above listed benefits.

Note that if you absorb a soul to increase power, the soul and therefore original entity is near effectively erased from all planes. In rare occasions, the consciousness can survive and haunt you for devouring them, but this too will fade over time.

“Oh…” I muttered. “That’s…horrifying.” I frowned. “Though that does fit with what Reaper was like pre-rework…” I hummed.

I flipped to the next chapter. Soul Manipulation and Alteration.

The manipulation and Alteration of a soul is often seen as taboo in the mortal worlds, but is in fact a very common practice amongst divine beings.

Manipulation of a soul simply means you pull and tug at aspects of your target's soul until the desired response or outcome is achieved. This is typically used by demons to trick greedy mortals, but is also used by angels and spirits to guide or lead mortals to alternative paths throughout life.

Alterations to a soul change the target entirely. This has been used to reform criminals while they are alive, turn good people bad and even is necessary to ensure a mortals survival. Such as the case of soldiers. Not every soldier in the mortal planes can or even will kill but the phrase 'You get used to it', 'Numb to the Feeling', and 'It gets easier over time' are all examples of soul alterations. A soldier in battle needs to kill to survive, and thus their soul is altered slightly to help ease guilt or to help them continue on. The same is often done for mortals who experience loss of a loved one, while the pain can not be removed, soul alteration can and often does make it easier on the mortal to live with the pain.

Alternatively, one can rework a soul entirely into a whole different being. Afterlifes use this in Reincarnation before sending a soul off for another go at life. While not completely removing the original being from the soul, it soft resets the soul.

“Alright…so that’s…a lot to take in.” I frowned, manipulating and altering souls to be whoever I want them to be or even removing certain things? This…this is some heavy shit.

Next chapter, Soul Reaping.

Reaping a soul, typically the work of Grimm Reapers, as a God of Souls this ability is also yours. The task and act is simple, when a portal being, beast, intelligent or plant dies their soul shifts to the ethereal plane, the existence of reality layered on to/next to the mortal plane. It is where Reapers and Soul Gods can gather the soul. From here, as a God of Souls, your options are similar to mentioned in chapters 1, 2, 4 and 5.

It is to be mentioned that each soul delivered to the afterlife they are meant to go, you are rewarded with God Tokens. These tokens are used to exchange for specific services and goods within the Divine Realm.

"Okay, so that's good to know…" I muttered, wondering what I could possibly get with the tokens and how many I'd need…especially given how many souls might be tossed to the Ethereal plane…

Next up, Soul Creation.

Soul Creation is the most important feat a God can do. While various gods can do the task, a God of Souls can create any form of soul, including Demi-God souls.

This power is often used to even create new life, follow gods or help to increase a mortal population. The type of soul is important as a Beast Soul can't have Intelligence, an intelligent soul must contain Beast Soul like traits but not be completely overtaken by them. Lastly, Nature souls, souls found in plants, rocks and celestial bodies can contain intelligence but are weaker and more frail than Beast or Intelligent souls, despite having far greater life force energies compared to the other two.

The creation of a soul is a deed worth it's weight in gold and as such many soul crafting gods are compensated for their additions to the Realms with Divine Tokens or increases to their divine abilities and power.

“So…I can just…create life…” I muttered. “Alright that’s going to be pretty heavy…”

Now, Reincarnation.

Reincarnation, a surprisingly simple act done by taking a pre existing soul and placing it within a new body. It is recommended to Manipulate and Alter the soul before placing in the new body upon reincarnation, but it is not necessary as many gods do this as a fun pass time or as a means to make up for an accidental early death.

Many mortals picked up on this trope and one created an entertainment genre based on the event in question.

I actually laughed at that one.

“Okay, that’s actually a bit funny.” I admitted.

Okay, next is portals to the… other places.

The Before. This place exists are the primary processing of all souls in the realms before they are sent to their bodies in the physical realms. This is where celestial beings work to put the souls into the bodies at birth.

The below Matrix is how to open a portal to The Before.

Purgatory is another realm for the souls, to be specific, lost or neutral souls. These souls were not good enough for a restful afterlife and also not bad enough for a punishment afterlife. These souls wander an endless landscape. Some even form a type of permanent residence within the realm, slowly changing into a Divine Spirit. For good or bad depends on the soul.

The below Matrix is how to open a portal to Purgatory.

Lastly are The Afterlifes. Most every intelligent species has a form of religion and every religion has a form of afterlife. While technically speaking all of these are true, they also are not as the Mortals would expect. Each soul crafts their own ideal afterlife, if they are judged to receive such ideal rest.

Those who were cruel and wicked to the world in life will be punished in one of the various Punishment Afterlifes. Depending on their crimes and guilt will determine their stay and can either qualify for reincarnation to try again or are reformed into Monsters by All Maker Pain to use as disposable pawns.

“Oh…fucking goodie…” I grumbled, hating how other’s in my situation are probably feeding Pain’s growing army that she can use just to fuck with people. “But…good to know there are many different kinds of places for the soul.”

Alright… now for… worship…

When one thinks of religion or Gods one often also images worship of followers under these gods. This is only a fraction of the truth of the matter. A God does not need to have an established religion or pantheon to have worshipers. Solo God's who tend to their followers or share worshipers across a variety of Pantheons are called Boundless Gods.

This means that despite someone officially belonging to another faith or religion, a Boundless God can easily perform miracles, answer prayers, and receive power from a mortals praise and worship as well as offerings and bestow blessings upon them.

Typically, belonging to a Pantheon allows one a grander supply of power both as the god of their profession and when one of the pantheons is praised or worshiped all receive the power that comes from it.

While if one chooses to go down this path, either as part of a Pantheon or Boundless, keep in mind you choose your Alters, means of receiving prayers, and offerings.

It is common curiosity to repay your followers faith and loyalties through granting miracles or bestowing blessings. These can range wildly based on your preference and what you are the god of. One might see these as wish granting but as the god who granted them you can also just as easily take them away.

“Alright…” I said slowly. “So…might as well try and do the monkey’s paw thing with that kind of thing or at least be somewhat benevolent…”

I put the book down, took my mask and gloves off and sighed as I rubbed my eyes. Shit… this is… a lot to take in.

I sighed, seeing Dolo was taking a nap already.

I gently pet the sleeping pupper, trying to think of what to do now. “I should talk to Celestia and Chrysalis…maybe they can help me with this God nonsense…” I sighed, flicking my hand up and bringing out my Hell Shotgun and looking at it. “Hmm…” I muttered, knowing that these things technically harm the Soul due to it’s lifestealing capabilities, but I do have to wonder if I can or should reshape one of these into a Scythe just to play up my ‘Reaper’ look.

"Ah, there you are." Chrysalis said, walking into the room. "I've been looking for you."

“Hey Chrysalis.” I nodded. “Just finished reading up on all my God powers…and am a bit overwhelmed on the fact that I can now pretty much nuke a country and can do pretty much whatever I want to a Soul.”

"Well, looks like we'll need that. There's something walking it's way here."

“Oh come on…” I groaned. “What now?”

"Some giant armored… I think it's a God but not native to Equis." Chrysalis said as she and I walked down the halls. "It radiates with power and corruption."

“Alright, so I was about to guess Sigma cause he’s both Armored and probably is a God in this world due to him being powered by a Black Hole…but the corruption bit is not correct.” I said carefully. “What did this guy look like?”

"Tall, fully armored, sounds a mix of intrigued and annoyed."

“That’s not Sigma.” I shook my head. “So, we’ve got a growing problem and I don’t like it.”

"Well better hurry, they were asking for you."

With a nod I bolted down the hall, down the roads of Canterlot and there I saw them. The guy was huge, easy twice my size and frame covered completely in some strange armor that… did, kinda look familiar too.

"Greetings." They spoke. "You are the one they call Reaper, Chris, correct?"

“Yes…and who are you and why do you look…vaguely familiar?”

"I am Amon. Third God of the Void and subject of All Maker Pain. She has brought me to your realm to assist Doomfist."

“So that’s why you looked familiar…” I said. “So…my only guess is that someone like me who was into Starcraft beat you and now your Pain’s personal soldier.” I said carefully. “Welp, we’re fucked cause this guy nearly destroyed an entire galaxy with his tactics…” I thought to myself worriedly.

"While I serve here on request, majority of time is spent expanding my empire within the void and the species I created." Amon stated.

“Wow, you went from wanting to murder everything because you felt slighted to creating things. Good job.” I said honestly, surprised to see a god like being go from murder to creating life was quite a change.

"Oh, cosmic genocide is still part of my routine. After all, materials are hard to come by in The Void, so what better place to pillage them from than worlds like this?"

“And I’m going to make sure you don’t pillage this world.” I growled.

Amon leaned forward and down, meeting me almost eye level. "Try." He said, suddenly two black pit like portals opened behind him, and out shot two, platted, maybe chitten wearing beings that stood just shy of Amon's height, despite their sleek and lethal limbs ending in sharp talons, they had… almost pony like faces, ears, and three sets of feathered wings.

They immediately split up, and before I could react Amon punched me.

I went flying through the streets and crashed into the castle walls.

Fucking… Ouch!

I growled as I crawled myself off the stone wall.

“Alright asshole, you asked for this.” I growled, grabbing my two hellfire shotguns and practically teleporting towards one of the bastards that split up, trying to blast it’s head off before it could make it too far away from the fight and cause havoc.

To my shock they dodged the gunshots with blur like speeds before each slipping into a building.

As I was charging in I was suddenly slammed down by Amon, who now sported a large Warhammer he slammed into my back. "I am your opponent Chris." He stated. "Focus."

“Then what about those two? Some referee’s or to make sure we don’t get too far?” I asked, getting back up quickly and readying myself. “Okay…so I now have godlike powers against someone that’s been a godlike being for millions of years…yeah, this should be simple enough if he’s clearly going easy on me.” I thought to myself.

"They are gathering what their people need." He said, picking me up then throwing me across the street.

I landed back on my feet and rushed him, shooting off my shotguns into his armor. They staggered him at least before he slammed his foot down and shook the mountain.

“Oh no you don’t.” I said, moving quickly as I tried to get him staggered again, moving around carefully to get him on the ground to make it easier for me to deal with him and less likely for him to counter me or destroy the place.

He kept up with me, keeping his front facing me as he waited for me to make a-

"AAAAHHHH!" Someone's scream caught my attention, and that was when I saw it. A unicorn thrown into one of those pitch black portals.

He's kidnapping people?!

When I turned back Amon slammed his hammer Into my head, sending me crashing through someone's house.

“That is it!” I snapped, in a fit of rage I dashed forward towards Amon, swinging something heavy in both of my arms as I saw a blade try to slice into him

It clashed into his armor, the echoes vibrating the air as he fell back. "Finally." He said, jumping back to his feet as I looked at my shotguns had both suddenly turned into twin Buster Swords. "You start fighting like a God."

“The hell?” I frowned. “How, why…and awesome…” I said, before trying to swing at one of the kidnapper beasts again, not caring that I’m supposed to face Amon they are kidnapping the people damn it!

They swiftly dodged and avoided every swing. Amon grabbed me by the head, and slammed me into the ground. "My Hybrids are no mere mortals. A fledgling new God like yourself would find even touching them an impossible task." He said, stomping on my back before kicking me rolling onto it.

“Fuck you.” I growled, getting back up again and readying my new weapons, still not sure how I did it. “What? Was Pain bored and decided to sent you to fuck with us and give Akande a handicap?”

"She sent me to show Akande how one Truly strikes an enemy."

"Reaper!"

I know that voice!

I pushed out past Amon, seeing Twilight Velvet and Night Light being pulled into the portals.

I bolted, feeling time slow as I ran, only to grasp at air as they closed, sending me sliding into a crash…

No…

"It could have been worse." Amon said as he started walking towards me. "But I was given limits on who I could take."

I…never felt this mad before…I felt my entire body mist over as I lashed out towards Amon like a wraith and swung down at him, not caring if he was a God or some pet for Pain, as my swing’s were meant to reap his very soul from him.

My blades cleaved through his armor, sending him crashing back into a building. I defended upon him, impaling him with both blades again. And again. And again. And again!

By the time I stopped my body felt tired and numb.

Amon twitched, then pushed me off. I fell to the ground as he stood up, pulling my blades from his body and dropping them at my feet. "I must say, that was impressive, but I'm afraid you can't kill me. I've already been slain twice, when I die a third, it will be when I choose."

“Why…” I asked, coughing a bit from how exhausted I felt. “Why…kidnap the people?”

"With every world, every realm I travel too, I take inhabitants and analyze their DNA, picking out any that would be of use and add it to my Hybrids. I only had the two targets really, Night Light and Twilight Velvet. In my return and first working with Pain, I was told to kidnap that realms them. The hybrids they produced were far beyond what I expected. So, I made it a habit to take them whenever I come across another realms version of them. Do not fret, none of those taken today will ever even remember being Equines once they are turned into the new Hybrid Den Mothers."

“What…in the actual fuck…” I muttered in horror.

"Rest for now, now that Doomfist has seen how to hurt you, how to break you, he will come at you to finish the job." Amon said, one of those portals opening as the two hybrids of his rapidly ran into it. He turned around and began walking through it. "Word of advice… dispose of your mortal ideals. They'll only drag you down." And with that, he was gone as the portal closed once he entered.