• Published 29th Oct 2017
  • 9,571 Views, 136 Comments

Deaths Blossom - BioQuillFiction



I have never been to a convention before, heard some things, saw some streams, but finally I get to attend E3, and I came dressed as Reaper from Overwatch...I should have believed the stories.

  • ...
31
 136
 9,571

Chapter 4: Something There?

I informed Celestia personally about what happened. Needless to say, she was distraught. Cadence and Blueblood were given therapy and Celestia and I rarely left their side. In order to make more time to spend with her niece and nephew, she made a small group of trusted friends to run the day courts so they could take over in her leave, and anything they felt she should look at they gave to her in a report at the end of the day.

It has been a week now and the kids were in bed. Celestia sat next to me, I got my consols back a while ago and have been too distracted to really play them. This was the first time in a while I was playing them. “Looks like their nightmares are easing up.” She said.

“Good.” I replied, pausing the game and giving a groan as I rubbed my forehead. “I still can’t believe that happened.”

“Neither can I… How did you cope?”

“Huh?”

“When you shot off Widowmaker’s arms, how did you cope with it after words? You seem fine now.”

“I guess...It’s cause I know.”

“Know what?”

“She expected me to be an allie they lost. I had an opening and took it. This body I’m in, it’s killed countless, and she about the same. She didn’t deserve what happened to her, but she deserves to find peace...and I’m just not...able, to give it to her.”

“What happened to her?”

“...Long ago, on her world. She was a ballerina. One of the best, and her husband was a well respected and high ranking government official. A terrorist organization captured her, and was brainwashing her to kill him. She was saved, her programing removed...so they thought. It kicked in while she slept, and she killed her husband then and there. She woke up after the deed was done...Broken and alone, she went back to the terrorist group, where she let them change her, her morality, emotions, gone, her heartbeat slowed to hide from infrared scanners and all kinds of bad. The woman she was was gone...and the Widow was all that was left.”

Celestia seemed a mix of horrified and sad. “How...How can they do that to her?”

“How can the people who tried to harm the kids and kill me do what they did?” I asked back. As expected, I got no answer. “Race, species, in the end, there are three facts. We are born, we live, then we die. The beginning and end are plain and simple, they just happen. What people do when they’re living is their business, but some people...don’t deserve to live.”

“I don’t believe that.” Celestia said sternly. “I believe everyone has good in them and can make the better choices.”

“Maybe some, but not all. That’s a lesson from both Widowmaker’s world...and mine.”

“Name one person from your world who deserved their death.”

“Here’s a list. Starting off with the worst, Adolf Hitler…”

Over the next few hours I told her about all the tyrents, wars, and death my world has gone though. As I kept on she just seemed...I dunno. Shocked I guess that it’s one after another.

“Stop.” She said, covering her mouth, eyes teary. “How...how can your world keep doing that to itself?”

“Ignorance, selfishness, greed. Can’t even name them all. The good are too few and far between and the bad and selfish are always the ones in power.”

“Tell me something, where did you learn how to fight?”

“... I did everything to make my mother proud. It was never enough. Get a job, she didn't like it, despite the fact that she was always telling me to get one. Join the Navy, did that, she got pissed. When I was overseas for a few years... that's when I learned to fight. Enemy submarine, new type, invisible to our radars, sunk the ship I was on. Only me and about fifty out of six hundred men and women got out of that alive. We washed up on enemy shores and were being gunned down as we ran through the thick forest.

“I spent the next four months being hunted down like a pig for sport while day after day someone I knew died. It came down to three of us left. We took a big risk, and went for their base, which had a radio tower so we hoped to get a message to some Ally of ours. We snuck in alright, but once the message was sent, that's when hell broke loose. My last two friends were killed, and I was captured. A week later troops came in and I was rescued, but it was a week of hell. All my ribs were either cracked or broken, and my legs were screwed, literally, they took an electrical drill and drilled screws all the way down my legs, into the bone. I was honorably discharged after that.”

“You learned to fight in your world’s armed forces?”

“I learned to fight while stuck on the food forsaken island. Navy only teaches you to sail and point a gun.”

“And your abilities?”

“Smoking I learned day one. I don't know how exactly, but, it's like If I want to get somewhere but there's an obstacle, my body reacts, turning to smoke and I float up or through it. I have other abilities, but I am not sure how those work.”

“Like?”

“My guns, for example, game logic just has me toss them to the side and two more magically appear on me, fully loaded and ready to shoot. I don't think that will actually happen, it's why I only used them the once, dealing with Widdowmaker. Then there's my…’Ultamit’ Death Blossoms. I half smoke up and fire in all directions at incredible speeds. I’m not sure how to use it, but I'm guessing I have to either be pumped with adrenaline, or really pissed off to use it.”

“I see. So, aside from your family, leave anyone back on your world?”

“No. To busy with work and my lack-of social life to have a special girl. I always thought about having a family, wife, kids. Heh...lots of kids, but I’ve labeled that as wishful thinking.”

“Heh...same.” I looked over to Celestia, her face was happy...and sad. “I have had relationships in the past, but being ageless… it just made them all the more special when they died. I miss them, but I don't isolate myself, I cherish all the memories I made with them. Good and bad.”

“I bet stallions line up by the mile to date you huh?”

“No. I wish, but mostly my ponies have put me so high up that my relationships all started out with a guard or servant I find has a crush but is the shy type. Heh, it's cute when they get so flustered when I tell them I know they have a crush on me.”

“Heh. Sounds like you like the shy types then.”

“Yes. It's been like that for years... though I wish I could just go up to a stallions...or any race male and ask for a date~”

I looked over at Celestia, and chuckled. “Princess Celestia, are you asking me out?”

“Depends. Are you accepting?”

“I might…” I say grabbing my NES controllers and handing her one. “If said solar monarch can last an all nighter trying to beat the levels in Super Mario.”

“Oh you're on!”