• Published 29th Oct 2017
  • 9,617 Views, 136 Comments

Deaths Blossom - BioQuillFiction



I have never been to a convention before, heard some things, saw some streams, but finally I get to attend E3, and I came dressed as Reaper from Overwatch...I should have believed the stories.

  • ...
31
 136
 9,617

Chapter 9: War Begins

Doomfist stood atop his castle’s tallest tower. Looking below the developing industry, the arena where soldiers were trained and fought to battle the monsters he could now create with weapons from Equis and Earth. He smirked, Pain walking up to his side and looking it all over. “I rarely get a chance to enjoy taking these games slowly.” Pain said. “Were it not for the mortal races' constant desire to worship us, I’d do this more often.”

"With the powers you bestowed upon me, I can understand why." Doomfist said simply, looking over his strengthening army. "This'll be almost too easy…"

“Never say something will be easy Akande.” Pain stated. “After all, even if the enemy is weaker than yourself, it doesn’t mean they can’t surprise you.”

He lightly rubbed his titular ‘Doomfist’, remembering how strong Winston was in his tr myue primal fury. “You are correct.” He took a deep breath, trying to get past the sense of nostalgia.

"Besides, through a lack of… pressure, Equestria will likely develop a… lackluster army. I am more than happy to apply the needed pressure."

“Anything that can help Equestria and their allies grow into the fighter’s they need and deserve.” Akande nodded. “They must be fully prepared for the coming war, and they will need everything at their disposal. No half measures.”

"I was hoping you were going to say that." Pain said with a smirk as she lifted her hand, the same dark, ichor-like energy she used to change Doomfist flowed out much more prominently. A small sphere no bigger than her palm was formed. She lifted it above her and soon it floated to the air. Reaching the clouds and soon, burst. Sending a thin layer of it's darkness across the whole sky, and soon across the whole of the planet. "I just love causing problems for others."

“If this doesn’t spur them to action, then I honestly don’t know what will.” The newly created Hunter Shadow shook their head.

"If they don't act then they will die out. Simple as that." Pain said. "Them and the rest of the world."


It had been a week since Doomfist showed up for the official declaration of war and I was putting all the guards, Rookies and Vets, through the ringer. All in all, it was going but I had an ever present bad feeling.

“Something’s not right…” I frowned. “And I hate not knowing what it is…”

"Spoken like a soldier." Chrysalis said as she walked up to me. "I've felt it too. Something isn't right. It almost feels like the world itself just got the chills."

“But we need to work faster if that’s the case.” I stated simply.

"Unlike you these soldiers need rest Chris." Chrysalis reminded. "They'll go as fast as they can, push as hard as they can, but they can't go forever."

I sighed. I know that but even so… what can be done?

"Captain Reaper." A Pegasus guard flew up to me, giving a salute before handing me a rolled paper. "News from the nearby town of Ponyville. Mayor states there is an odd upscale of activity from the Everfree forest. Strange new creatures not seen before have been spotted along the forest border with the town."

“Oh come on…” I groaned, rubbing my temples. “First a war with the Minotaurs, now monster’s never seen before? At this point I think the universe is just fucking with me.”

"What about the local guard?" Chrysalis asked.

"Four injured, one dead so far. The rest are just trying to keep up the defense at the time." The guard answered.

I opened the paper and looked over the details. Seems like they were first spotted two days ago but kept a distance… but began getting closer the next day. Yesterday the local guard went to try and scare or slay them. A team of five… one of which is now dead and the rest are injured badly. Very badly…

There was a particle photo in here, likely taken by a civilian. The image was blurry and it seems to be… some huge ass spider with a rather non-spider like head.

“Fucking…of course…” I sighed. “I’m gonna need to help solve some of this…”

"Any idea who you plan on taking?" Chrysalis asked.

“Your…right…” I sighed. “Crap…who should I bring? Cause all my personal students need practical experience…but I’d rather have some vet’s to see what Equestria has to offer…” I hummed.

"Maybe take a veteran guard?" Chrysalis offered. "One with some combat experience."

“Sure.” I nodded. “Now…the question is, which vet should I bring? Cause there’s plenty to bring.”

"Permission to speak captain." The Pegasus guard spoke up.

“Go ahead.” I answered to the soldier.

"I might know the pony you're looking for. He's retired but he has fought in active combat several times."

“And who would this retired pony be?” I inquired.

"His name is Gum Drops. One of the few earth Ponies to have residents in Canterlot. He was a guard for thirty years before retirement and has fought in the Saddle Arabian civil war."

“Gonna suck to try and get them back on the front lines if he’s fought that long and been in a bad war.” I frowned. “But worth a shot, where are they?”

"Their home here in Canterlot. I'm sure Records should have his address."

“Alright.” I nodded. “I’ll be back with either Gum Drops…or somehow injured from an old guard vet who does not want to rejoin the guard.”

It was a quick trip to Records and once I had the address I headed off. Former Major Gum Drops. One of a handful of Earth Ponies born in Canterlot in any generation. According to his file he joined the guard to travel and see the land. He was in Saddle Arabia at a time when tensions between the rebellious Cultists known as 'Alqiama'. Apparently they're some death group that still held power from the region's rather dark past.

He was the only guard to remain in duty after the civil war and seemed to be more or less fine after it ended. He was given some awards, medals and mandatory therapy but all his results deemed him mentally fine. A rare thing for a Pony to process death and walk out rather fine. Especially in modern days.

His house was a fairly well kept two story home made from stone and metal. On the porch sat an old cream colored earth pony with a blue mane. He was looking over the papers with a smirk when he looked up and saw me. "Wondered when you'd show up here." He said, closing and folding the paper. He looked maybe about sixty.

“Major Gum Drop.” I nodded. “You’re country needs you again, for…many growing problems."

"I figured." He said, waving the now folded news paper at me. "Seems like everypony and their grandma is panicking over it."

“Vast majority have never even heard the words ‘War’ before.” I shrugged. “But the current problem right now is monster’s not of this world are now attacking innocents, so I’m asking for your help…either to fight on the front lines, or help me get some of these lazy bastards into fighting shape.” I explained honestly.

"Now that's not fair. Calling them all lazy when there's never been a real conflict in Equestria before for a thousand years."

“That is why I said ‘some’, not ‘all’.” I pointed out. “The new recruits need help from Veterans like you that have seen hell…other Veterans help, but you're one of the best from what I was told.”

"I'm the only one to see any active combat. And live." Gum Drops said with a nod.

“Damn.” I blinked. “The hell kinda war’s do you people fight that leaves practically everyone dead?”

"Just the mess back in Saddle Arabia. It's not even really our kingdom. It's a neutral territory a lot of other kingdoms use as a trade hub and even farm land. I was stationed there to help keep watch over the trade routes, and on a normal afternoon I'm talking to the guard next to me, I feel something wet hit my face. First I thought it was raining. Ended up being the guy's blood. He took an arrow to his neck. Enchanted so he didn't feel it, and by the time I realized he had an arrow in his neck, he already hit the ground dead."

“Yeah…I’ve sadly had to experience that…” I sighed, remembering a buddy of mine during our tour in Iraq…was not fun breaking it to his fiance. “But…sadly this war might be even bloodier than what you went through…”

"Well now, that sounds like a culture shock Equestria probably won't bounce back from." He sighed. "So why do you need an old timer like me for this again?"

“Because so far, even though there are plenty of veteran’s in the Guard, you're the only one to have actually fought in active combat, and I want to see what actual fighter’s of Equestria look like.” I answered simply. “You’re the one that can help me teach the Guard what it truly means to take a life…and how to lay down their lives for the people they care about.”

"Heh. You aren't wrong. Sounds just like my teacher too." He chuckled. "Not sure how much I can do, I am old now after all."

“Experience is one thing that never leaves.” I shook my head. “A saying back in my world is ‘beware the old man in a profession where men die young’.”

"Ooh, I like that. Who said that?"

“A modern day philosopher named Bodhi Sanders, and that’s just the first line of that entire philosophical statement.” I explained.

"Impressive. Well, I guess if I am needed, I shall see if I can dust off my old armor."

“Also, how are you with giant spiders?” I inquired.

"I can manage I suppose." He shrugged, getting up and heading inside his house. Some time.later he came back out in a Royal Guard's armor. The Major's Armor was a mix of blue and gold, over the standard pure gold coloring.

“Nice armor.” I nodded. “So we’re going to be heading down to Ponyville to help out the local guard.”

"Alright then. Lead the way."

Gum Drops and I took a Pegasus chariot to Ponyville. It was faster and once we were in Ponyville I headed right for the local guard building.

Inside was just one stallion, a tan/yellow coat and a light red mane on his head. "You're Captain Reaper?" He asked me.

“Yes I am, and who are you soldier?” I asked politely.

"Oh, I'm not a soldier. The name's Bright Mac. I was just asked by the mayor to make sure you got here alright."

I was thankful for my face mask. I was surprised I didn't recognize him. The father of Big Mac, Applejack and Applebloom. If he's still… around… maybe I can change some more events from the past. Just wish I knew what exactly happens to him and Pear Butter. Being a kids show it does not go in depth about things like death.

“Nice to meet you Bright Mac, why is a well known farmer here at the barracks?” I inquired.

“The mayor asked me to keep an eye on the… well known? Heh, maybe the apples I grow are but I doubt I'm something special." He chuckled. "But yeah, the Mayor just wanted me to keep an eye on the place til ya got here. With all that's going on she's worried about some ponies grabbing the weapons for themselves and hurting themselves with them."

“Yeah, that would do it.” I nodded. “No need o get the general populace involved without any form of training to fight brand new monsters.”

"As if the Everfree didn't have enough." Bright Mac said with an eye roll as he got up. "Well, now that' your here I best head home. I got apples to harvest and three little ones to keep in line. Heh, well two at least. The third is still in diapers."

"Alright." I nodded. "And stay safe, not sure what monsters could be roaming around near your farm."

"Ah will." He said, giving me a wave goodbye as he hurried off.

"So, what's your weapon of choice?" Gum Drops asked me as he looked through various swords and spears.

I pulled out my twin shotguns. "These lovely guns."

"Heh. Whatever suits your fancy." He said as he picked up two daggers, strapping them to his sides and a fair sized broadsword and strapped that across his back. "Well then, let's go Spider Hunting."

"Some good ol monster hunting." I nodded with a hidden smile. "So…I've only heard things about the Everfree Forest, but how bad is it besides nature working normally?"

"Mantacores, Hydras, few feral dragons, Timber Wolves, Trees that turn ya ta Stone, bees that zap ya with a few thousand volts of electricity and that's just what resides within the borders of the forest. Lot more crazy stuff the further in ya get."

"Cool." I nodded. "Sounds like a fun time trying to survive all that."

"Maybe."

Getting to the Everfree was easy as the border between it and the town was two miles away from the town proper. From there I noticed the smell of some fresh blood. Following that led me to a dead Manticore. It's torso was torn open, exposing it's organless insides.

"Nasty." Gum Drops said.

"Agreed…" I nodded. "But it's still fresh…so it should still be around here somewhere."

"Why only eat the organs though?" Gum said as we walked along, finding many more large monsters all lacking their essential insides.

As we made our way we began to find Spider Webs… huge ones covering the treetops entirely. Given the thickness all around us, we were in it's territory… or nest.

"Hey Chris." Gum said, gaining my attention.

What I saw was… ungodly. Several hearts, stomachs and other such organs were stitched together by the webs of the spider… to make it worse, the hearts, beating, the organs… moving. A liquid the organs were all excreting was leaking onto the webs holding it together and growing something…

It needs the organs of others… to make more of itself… literally.

"Now that is disgusting." Gum said.

“The fuck kinda Demonculaba shit is this?” I asked in disgust. “No, fuck this, fuck them, I’m not dealing with this.” I said while pulling out my shotguns and started blasting away at the disgusting web of organs.

It all turned to gore and chunks of meat and blood. Walking deeper into this nest there was more. Some were further along than others. I blasted them all until we reached the end of the nest where the last few were that I also shot into pulp.

"Well, that's part of the problem down." Gum said. "Now where's the mother?"

“Good point…” I frowned, looking around carefully for the ‘mother’ as I did have my ultimate up and ready to kill this thing.

We were about to turn back when-

"My children!!!!" Came a deep, wet distorted female scream.

"And there she is…" Gum said as rapid heavy footsteps came right at us.

We're in the heart of the nest. No way out save the way she is coming down. Goodie.

When it came into sight I actually felt some bike ride in my throat. The body was similar to that of a typical spider, save her head. Distinctly human shaped save the six pure black eyes and maw split into four segments with pincer like fangs on the sides.. "You dare to kill my children?!"

I'm not gonna lie… I didn't expect it to talk…

“Surprised you can talk, lady.” I said honestly.

"You will pay for this" It yelled, swiping a rather sharp, blade like leg at me. Gum and I dodged before I began shooting right into it's face.

To my surprise the buckshot ricocheted off and around the nest. Shit, adults are bullet proof?

“Shit…” I muttered. “Well…good thing these bullets don’t just do bullet things.” I muttered as I kept firing, even as the bullet’s plinked off I still felt slight bits of her life force ebbing away, no matter how miniscule it’ll mean something later.

When I stopped to reload Gum Drops jumped in. He moved way faster than I expected an old timer like him to move. He rushed in with the broadsword, taking a swing for it's legs. I expected his blade to bounce off… only for it to slice through… okay how?

“Okay, what the hell?” I frowned, having the dumb idea to put my gun’s away and just use my super soldier strength to help fight the thing since bullets really aren’t working.

I charged in, grabbing hold of a limb and that's when I noticed it… the body was made from strong, tightly wound webs almost glued together… it's acts like Kevlar. Bullet proof, but not knife or blade proof. So that's how.

It shook me off. I landed next to Gum. "Need this?" He asked, handing me one of his daggers.

“Yes.” I nodded, taking one of the daggers. “It’s body is made of some tightly wound webs, really good kevlar, but suck’s against blades.”

"So that's why." He said, looking his broadsword over. "Well then, time to get hacking."

Now that we knew it's weakness it was rapidly disposed of. It's dying breath was that of hatred at me before it finally went limp.

"Damn. That was… unpleasant."

“Yes…yes it was…” I nodded.

"So, what now?"

“Well, right now I’m happy to know what a…I suppose ‘baseline’ pony can do, cause the most I’ve seen is either from special studen’s of mine…or Tempest…”

"Well, the can do is the easy part. The Will to Do is the hard part- oh fuck!" He helped. My own instincts yelled as we both dodged, evading a rather odd giant centipede. It was a dark brownish purple with yellow legs, two large glowing golden eyes and its two antennae were pulsating with a dark energy.

“Oh what the fuck is that?” I asked incredulously, knowing I won’t get an answer but the second giant weird insect monster is a little annoying.

I immediately picked up my shotguns, blasting the thing and was happily rewarded with it's body splitting into multiple chunks. I wasn't expecting it to immediately dissolve as if it was evaporating.

"Well, that's new." Gum stated.

“Yeah…this is really fucking weird, and I’d like to know who the hell decided to throw this shit at us.” I frowned. “It better not be that merchant wanting to fuck with me all of a sudden…”

As we began exiting we spotted a whole lot of new monsters feasting on the dead spider things. They weren't too difficult but they had numbers. Once back in the Everfree proper and out of that nest we saw all the harvested bodies now being devoured by all manner of monsters.

I rubbed my temples. “Alright, what cosmic level bullshit’s going on now? Cause a whole ass ecosystem of monster’s don’t just spring up out of thin goddamn air.”

"Maybe Discord escaped?" He asked. I was surprised he knew Discord but it's too early still.

“How do you know who Discord is, and would he really cause…this to happen?” I inquired, motioning around to the monster’s.

"I've read legends and given how old the Princess is I figure there's some truth to all the stories of the past. And in the same said stories he has turned the whole world into a playpen of chaos. So I wouldn't doubt them."

“Right then.” I nodded. “We’ll have to check the Royal Garden to see cause…that’s always a nice topic for tourism.”

Once we were back in Canterlot I had more guards dispatched to Ponyville as well as some supplies to start making a physical defensive barrier between the town and the Everfree. From there Tia and I were walking to the Garden. "This isn't Discord's typical bout of chaos. I would know." She said as we were making it through the maze hedges now.

“Because he doesn’t like having his creation’s kill and or injure people?” I inquired.

"Injure, sure but the worse was a broken leg and that was before he took over the world and on accident." She said. "Discord is a foal at heart. All he ever wanted was attention… and acceptance." She sighed.

“Yeah…sounds about right.” I nodded. “So…any idea who it might be that caused this? Or do you think…Discord might know?”

"I… have a theory. But to confirm it… we will have to free Discord." She admitted. "He's always been more in tune with them than Luna and I were."

“Considering how screwed everything is…I’m inclined to agree…also, who are ‘them’?”

"Technically… our parents." Celestia said as we approached the statue of Discord. I was kinda surprised he didn't look any different from his show version. "Chrysalis told you about the All Makers, that they are the ones to make existance, worlds, species and gods. Well, that Includes all beings like Chrysalis, Discord, even Luna and I."

“Oh…” I started. “So…these All Makers are…deciding to step in for some reason?”

"One way to know for sure if it is them." She said, taking a breath. "Haven't done this in a while." She said, her horn lighting up. Rather than her usual golden glow, black and purple energy flowed along her horn and struck the statue like a bolt of lightning. There was a distinct scent of… peaches, when it ended.

The statue then began to crack and break apart, revealing a stretching Discord. "Finally! One thousand years gives you such a crick in the lower back." He said, twisting and giving out an audible pop. "Oh sweet divines that's better." He finally looked down at us. "Well well well, if it isn't Tia and… a cosplayer."

I mean… technically he's right?

“It’s not my fault that fifty bucks from a merchant at a con made me like this.” I said a little defensively.

"Regardless, why am I out of my stone so early? Swore there was roughly ten years left."

"I believe they are here Discord. And you know who I am talking about." Tia said.

"Oh… oh you mean the four our… oh… oh well that is concerning…" Discord said, looking almost pale… no, wait, he is pale. The color dropped from his body like water. "Are you positive?"

"Monsters not native to Equestria are appearing." Tia said.

The color jumped back into Discord as he closed his eyes taking a very deep breath. "They… they are here… one anyway." He said, shuddering.

"Can you tell which?" Tia asked.

"Given the… power plus the monsters… her."

Now Celestia looked pale, I actually caught her from collapsing. "Then we are in more trouble than I was afraid of…"

“What the hell are you two talking about?” I asked carefully. “Who is ‘she’? Why are you two scared shitless, and why do I get the feeling she’s going to pop up just to spite you two?” I asked.

"That's not her style. But… when we were little, all the Equis gods grew up together in a place we called The Nursery. It's where the All Makers made divine beings and raised them. Not the one or four I'm worried about. Different ones. They taught and raised us. When we were old enough we were given a choice. We were told there was a chance one or all of four certain All Makers might show up in our worlds. We were given the choice to keep that knowledge and worry about something that may never happen or forget and begin fresh with no memories of our birthplace or history. This world's gods put it to a vote and majority chose to remember. We were then told their names. Voodoo, Genie, Demon, and Pain."

“Oh no…” I frowned…but then I couldn’t help myself. “And I’m guessing…we’ve got a major ‘Pain’ to deal with now.” I punned with a cheeky grin.

I was surprised when Discord slapped me with his tail. "As much as I appreciate a good pun this isn't a joking matter. If Pain has chosen this world as her personal project then a lot more lives are going to
die very quickly."

“Geez…tough crowd.” I muttered, lightly rubbing my cheek. “Anyways, angry god lady that summons a lot of monsters just before a war starts…cool, more problems.”

"She is more than a god, Chris." Celestia said as she stood herself back up. "Discord, Luna, Chrysalis, Tirek are gods. She is an All Maker. The difference in power is bigger than the distance between the two ends of the universe in its infinite expansion."

“Right then.” I said. “So she’s most likely supporting Doomfist in some way shape or form and I don’t like that.”

"And what exactly do you expect to do about it?" Discord asked me.

"Well, killing Doomfist would be a good start." I said honestly. "And also…even if this place is her 'personal project', you make it sound like we should already be in some post apocalyptic scenario…but so far, I haven't heard half the planet got nuked yet."

"Don't jinx it buddy. You sound like you want it when you ask questions like that."

"Just saying, you two have made it sound like she's the end of the world incarnate and there's nothing much we can do." I pointed out.

"End of the universe actually." Celestia said. "And while you are right, there isn't much we can do, she doesn't leave us without an out. If someone can win a battle with her, then she'll leave the planet and universe alone. Taking her monsters with her."

"So just beat someone that's supposed to be unbeatable? Sounds simple enough." I shrugged.

"I think this one is a few screws loose from a full box Tia, and that's coming from me." Discord said.

"When you've been in a war and have personally killed a lot of people, I'd kinda agree." I answered simply.

"Well you can't even kill her. There's few beings in existence that can even touch her in a fight. And you'll need to ascend to divine status and above to even hope to be able to fight her."

"And how in the hell am I supposed to do that? Even with what I am, I doubt I can eat a gods soul and get it's powers…right?"

"Well that is an option but there is a more straightforward way." Celestia said.

"But Celestia, I thought you weren’t ready for marriage.” I said in mock surprise, joking about how marriage being seen as a ‘sacred ceremony’ with a literal God would do something like that.

"Oh hush." She chuckled. "I mean the Temple of Divine Birth. It's a place where mortal beings can go and receive a set of trials that will ascend them into godhood, and above."

"Huh. Wasn't expecting to see that place in… ever." Discord admitted with a shrug.

“And I can already see it now, step one on becoming a god ‘eat someone’s soul in front of a live audience’.” I said with a dramatic hand wave.

"It depends on what type of god the God Maker sees is best suited for you." Celestia stated.

“I was…joking but sure, let’s go with that.” I nodded. “So where is this temple?”

"Across time and space~" Discord said, wiggling his fingers like worms before snapping his fingers, forming a purple and gold portal. "So let's take the shortcut."

“Fair enough.” I nodded, entering the portal and ready to deal with whatever nonsense this is gonna throw at me.

Exiting the other side I was greeted by a fair sized stone room, a rather fluffy rug under my feet and hanging glowing crystals on the wall… huh. Not what I expected…

"This way Chris." Celestia said as she walked up from the portal and headed down the hallway in front of us.

“Honestly…didn’t expect the ‘Temple of Divine Birth’ to look like…this to be honest.” I said honestly, following after Celestia carefully.

"Well what did you expect?" She asked as the next room we entered was similar to a church. Complete with a podium with a large open book on top.

“I suppose…more ‘divine temple’ I guess?” I said, not sure how to describe it.

"Well, here it is. The God Maker." Celestia said, motioning to the podium and book.

“Remember kids, learning is only half the battle.” I joked as I walked over and decided to open the book.

The other half is extraordinary violence.

I blinked at that. “Uh…the book both talked and…knew about the other half of that joke…” I said to Celestia nervously.

"That is the God Maker Chris." Celestia said.

The book's text changed, now saying something different.

There are three paths of Divinity that suit you, but only one can be chosin. The God of Death. The God of War. The God of Souls

“Hmm…” I hummed, thinking about it. “What does the God of Death and the God of Soul’s do?”

A God of Death collects the souls of the lost, bringing them to their respective afterlife. A God of Souls takes Corrupted, damaged and shattered souls to heal, remake and reforge them anew. To create a new soul for all things that live.

“Neat.” I nodded, thinking about which one I should choose based on what I can do and what I’m good at.

God of Death would honestly be the obvious choice… but God of Souls definitely seems more interesting… it's weird that they aren't the same thing. Or that I can only do one.

“So…question, why aren’t they the same and why can’t I choose both?” I inquired.

Death and Souls are but two parts of the same whole. To be a God of both can be done, but notno without first mastering one.

Huh. So in that case, which should I choose first?

“Well…names Reaper, so let’s go with Death first.” I said simply.

The text on the book changed again.

The Path is Set, the Divine Power has been planted. Now all that remains are the trials.

Trial 1.
Break your mortal coil and die only under the right means.
Complete.

Trial 2.
Walk the realm of Purgatory, and find a soul lost and bring them to their afterlife.

Trial 3.
Meet the gods of Afterlife and inform them of your role.

“Alright…so my first part is done, now all I need to do is go to Purgatory and help a lost soul go to the afterlife…however the hell that’s going to happen, and lastly, go up to the God’s of the Afterlife and slam down my resume…” I frowned. “Sounds…both exceedingly simple…but also a might pain in the ass…”

"Most of these often are." Celestia admitted. "Once you have become a God you can partake in the trials to become an Elder or Eldritch God. Though given you have chosen the role as a God of Death you will only be able to ascend to that of an Elder God."

“Neat.” I nodded. “So, how do I get to Purgatory again?”

"There are several ways." Celestia stated. "Come on, let's go back and hope Discord hasn't done anything too wild."


Doomfist overlooked his new Kingdom with a smirk and a sigh. The army was coming along smoothly, and now that Sombra had arrived, industry and technology was jumpstarting like wildfire amongst the population.

“So, how’s it feel to suddenly become part Spawn Akande?” Sombra inquired to Doomfist, the young mexican appearing out of thin air with her brand new runically enhanced cloak.

"The power is like nothing technology could have ever given me." He smirked, looking his hands over. "And the magic this land has is a power source the likes of which earth has scarcely seen."

“Hmm, true.” Sombra shrugged, lightly tapping away at a hardlight keyboard. “A land of magic and mythical creatures, could almost believe it’s one of the kid’s shows I used to watch as a kid.”

"Possibly. The point of your machine was to study the Multiverse and the potential for expansion. And I'd say this is quite a success." Doomfist sighed again. "I'm planning a trip to the neighboring kingdom. I hear the Dragons also respect strength and power. Should be fun."

“Careful with that, a quick search through the Multiverse show’s that dragons tend to be in the top five strongest races if they’re not specifically hard countered by something.” Sombra pointed out, still fiddling with more work as she scratched her head. “Even with all these minotaurs…having to jump start an entire country with all these networks…”

"I'll be going alone. No need to bother the troops with… trivial matters." Doomfist said as he turned to Sombra. "How have the set ups been going? I imagine coming to this place where not even simple telegrams exist must have been a bit of a nightmare."

“Puta’s can’t stop being in awe at my work…most of their hands are too big for the fine work and…” Sombra groaned as she started to slip into a spanish rant that Akande could barely understand through her fast paced talking, before she shook her head. “No no no, building an entire machine to scour the multiverse and have logistics on that is fine, trying to get an entire civilization out of the stone ages?” She groaned, snapping her fingers as a bottle of tequila appeared in her hands. “At least they make good Tequila…”

"They have metal and steam engines. Stone age might be a bit harsh." Doomfist said with a chuckle. "In time the younger generations will adapt faster than the old. Imagine it. Soldiers with advanced knowledge on technology and mathematics, science, but bodies of warriors. They'd be quite the adversary. Especially armed with magic. Speaking of, any luck on learning it?"

“Oh magic has been going swimmingly.” She said honestly. “Who would have thought my talent with hacking and technology would also correlate to magic and all these runes.” The hacker admitted, having had an honest blast learning all the magic stuff the Minotaur’s had to offer and getting all her gear and cyborg enhancements upgraded to hell and back. “Still new, but I can at least do some minor spells without my cybernetics, learning to make a bag of holding with a combination of both is a god-send if I’m real with you.” She chuckled, keeping the bottle of tequila floating in the air next to her to prove a point.

"I can imagine." Doomfist nodded. "How are… Reaper's vitals?"

“They’re stabilizing thankfully, we’re managing to at least calm down his bodies reaction’s outside of his stasis pod.”

"Good. Sombra, I have a request to ask."

“What up?” Sombra inquired, glancing to the still very strange version of her co-worker.

"Can you track down the reality the body Reaper now has came from?"

“Would be simple enough, his body still has his dimension’s signature at least.” She shrugged. “Why? Want to conquer that too?”

"Possibly, but more than that I want to understand. This new body of his seems to take to the treatments just as well as his old body to the… procedures we put that through. I want to understand if this is a single chance case, or if there is a world of humans who can… survive the process as well as Reaper and this one can. After all, it's takes a special breed of human to survive it, and if a whole world of them exists well, can't let a valuable resource like that go wasted right?"

“Hmm, fair.” Sombra shrugged. “I’ll get onto it as soon as I can…and hopefully I don’t accidentally stumble onto another Warhammer world…” Sombra shuddered a bit at that.

"Thank you Sombra." Doomfist said as he took his leave.

Sombra sighed out, still tapping away at her holoboard. "This is too much…" She shook her head, the war orphan hating everything Akande is doing right now. "Just need…to find his connection…" She muttered, continuing to try and find the signal from Equestria and get into contact with them.