• Published 16th Jul 2012
  • 6,881 Views, 349 Comments

Secret of Andalantis - Fizzy Orange



Lunaverse, On a trip to the beach Ditzy dissapears underwater, adventure ensue. COMPLETE!

  • ...
4
 349
 6,881

Epilogue

“The sunset looks breathtaking from up here!” Said Sea Shanty, her eyes wide open in wonder.

Rock Beauty threw a hoof over the seapony’s shoulder “Well you know we can come up whenever you want now! We should make it a regular thing!”

“That…would be nice,” replied Sea Shanty, blushing.

Lyra observed the exchange from the dock with a smile on her face. It turned out that the Song of Harmony had indeed restored the seapony and merpony’s magic to its former glory so now they could come up to the surface and breathe the air just like their land dwelling cousins. There was more to their magic of course, but it would take time for them to relearn how to use it. Thetis had claimed the magic was never gone, simply dormant, just like her, and that if they kept working together they would be able to reclaim control of their environment. Lyra was glad she had played a role in this happy ending.

“What are you looking at?” asked Bon Bon, laying across her prone marefriend’s back and barely acknowledging the beautiful sunset on display.

“Nothing…or maybe something? I’ll keep you posted,” answered the unicorn.

The mood was ruined by the sound of snoring. The two mares looked to the side at the sleeping form of Trixie, laying on her back in a most ungraceful pose. The blue unicorn had collapsed from exhaustion on the spot when they had disembarked from the ship and hadn’t moved since.

“You’re carrying her,” deadpanned Bon Bon.

“Let’s just leave her there,” replied Lyra, just as stoically.

The two held on for a few seconds before softly giggling.

After reuniting with Ditzy, Dinky and Amethyst Star at the Autumn Delight they had been greeted by a detachment from the local coast guard. It had taken a while to explain where Lucky Seagull Island had gone to, but Thetis’ projection had helped a lot in speeding up the explanations. By the time they had made it back to port it was already time for sunset. While the other seapony and merpony were settling into their new home, Rock Beauty and Sea Shanty had insisted on following their new friends back to civilization and were now sitting on a rock in the shallows, enjoying their first sunset on the surface.

Not far from them, on a bigger rock, sat Wind Sailor and Amethyst Star. The brave flyer had insisted on being there to see them into port. It had been a bit awkward to explain where his date had gone off to, but Sparkler had been more than willing to help mend the pegasus’ broken heart. Seeing the way the two sat and talked together Lyra judged he was getting over ‘Rarity’ pretty quickly.

On the other side of the dock Dinky was sound asleep on her mother’s back, as the pegasus also enjoyed the sunset. The stars were beginning to perform their daily dance as they settled into position in the darkening sky and Ditzy stifled a yawn, betraying how tired she really was. It wouldn’t be long before she would head back to the beach house for the night.

Thetis and Ditzy had a talk on the way back. Thetis believed the spirit of the departed plesioponies were still guarding over the ocean currents and they had helped Ditzy, for she could sense their intent with her special talent. It’s possible it was they who had guided Ditzy toward the kaosharks’ base and started this whole thing.

All in all it had been quite an exhausting adventure: Swimming for hours, battling monsters and solving ancient riddles. It had taken a toll on everyone. At the end of the day, though, love and friendship had won out.

“Hey,” began Bon Bon.

“What?” asked Lyra.

“I know you wanted to go to the museum tomorrow, but let’s just sleep in,” said the earth pony.

“Until when?” asked Lyra.

“Until forever.”

“Works for me,” Said Lyra, yawning.

The End

Author's Note:

And that's all folk! Thanks for sticking with me despite all the waiting and months without update!

I hope you'll return when I come up with a different story, and this time try not to take FOUR FREAKIN' YEARS to complete it.

For all you Lunaverse authors out there, I hope you'll find some interesting element in this story to use in future work!

Catch y'all later!

Comments ( 29 )

YES! UPDATE! I literally squeed when I saw there was a new chapter. And jeez, that's a long time for a story to stay alive. I admire your tenacity and work ethic.

7393411 Hahaha thanks... I wish my tenacity came with less procrastination though :rainbowwild:

Well, it's a great jumping-off point for a side universe. We've got a Big Good, we've got a goal to work towards and we've got a place to do it.

Glad you finally finished the story. It only took you more then 4 years. :twilightsheepish:

But it was worth the wait. The sea turtle thing was indeed a massive plot twist. Rarity not so much but whom she really was took me by surprise. Overall a good story that is going into my favourites. Have a cupcake you have earned it. :pinkiehappy:

come up to the surface and breath the air
where his date had gone of to
help mend the pegasus’ broken.

1. Breathe.
2. Off.
3. Missing your Heart at the end.

7394837
7394846 Thank you!
7394285 The first chapter was published july 16 of 2012, so that's LESS than four years :p Glad the plot twists went over well! Was there enough clues early on that Rarity was a fake? I actually originally planned on keeping it going further but was getting really really difficult to never use Rarity's name in narration :derpytongue2:

Thanks for the cupcake! :pinkiehappy:

7394047 :rainbowhuh: Never thought of it that way...

7395623 Fanfic fuel can sprout up any old place. After all, look at all the people who want to know what's going on with Our Town.

7395677 Whatever is happening in Our Town it probably involves lots of baked goods.

6384765 So were you satisfied with what happened to Ek'idna?

Decent fic, well worth the wait for it to finish up, and another fic to mark off my list of fics of that AU to read.

Thanks for finishing it, was a fun story.

Feels strangely good in a relaxing-after-long-time-away-from-home sort of way after reading the epilogue after being incomplete for years.

7420818 Thanks, I really wanted a chill adn relaxed epilogue so I'm glad that came across.

7537115 Thanks :twilightblush: You're too kind!

7564001 Interesting theories...

7565766 Mostly to finish of Thetis and steal her magic power. With the Lantern and Thetis' power she could conceivebly take on Luna and try to conquer the surface world.

This story was pretty fun and engaging. While some things I could see coming from a mile away (The betrayl) others, like the giant turtle I did not. I loved the use of the chaacters and once again Lyra proves herself to be one of my favorite characters on this tory..

and now, for the first chapter of the live read

7664500 Hehe well I only hinted at it like...once and even there not really. There wasn't an actual turtle logo anywhere, just a vague round shape with the spired of the city on top.


7664561 Did you see the reveal of Zizanie coming? I did my best to pepper hints in the begining and was hoping someone would catch on. You know when this story started it had a Rarity character tag, but after maybe two chapters or so I removed it. No one noticed :p

Anyway, glad you liked it! It was fun writing for Lyra. Very challenging to write for Ditzy though hmm. I used Raindrops in Where There Is Smoke but not THAT much and I didn't write for Cheerilee yet. Maybe I should write a story with those two...

My first thought upon seeing the fin... "The Turtle Moves!"

8210403 Happy you saw it and could read it! I hope you enjoyed!

8211538

This is a good story.

8226913

You are welcome.

so.. many.. Zelda references

Very cute ending. :D Great fic overall.

“I know you wanted to go to the museum tomorrow, but let’s just sleep in,” said the earth pony.

Hilarious

Login or register to comment