• Published 7th Jan 2017
  • 9,701 Views, 191 Comments

A Stallion Contract - Damaged



A lone human in Equestria finds himself subtly shunned by all the perfect and nice ponies. But things change for him when he runs into a group of ponies who can look beyond what he isn't.

Comments ( 40 )

Good ending im glad he got a happy ending the only thing I disliked was the satyr children ... sorry it's just no matter what story I read that has them a half human pony etc... hybrid is just dumb in my book. No offense to those that are into them. The way the ponies are likely to treat them makes me sad for all the bullying they'll be subjected to. Nice cake twins reference you slipped in maybe she's 1/16th unicorn on her great grandfathers side. Recessive traits for the win.

I love happy endings:raritydespair:

LOVE ALL THE LOVE

It's a good thing he went and purchased the full license after the trial ran out, but we knew he would. Definitely a good fit this group.
Keep going! ;)

What if he ripped up the contract and said

It was jest a prank

8483469
That can only be answered with a quote.

"Run bitch, Run!"

What about Terror???:derpytongue2:

I wanted to know more about the character's backgrounds and that's a good sign that I got invested in the story enough to care, so good job with that!

However, I have one major nitpick:

My suspension of disbelief shattered into tiny pieces once I noticed the tavern has no background characters spending money in it. How in Equestria does the business stay open? It seems implied that all the main characters either live and/or work there. So where is the money to keep the business going coming from? It was just too implausible to ignore.

If I were you, I'd edit in some indicators that the tavern isn't financially dead in the water.

8627485 Like all the "regular patrons" at the auction? Or that the few times Ian is at the bar somepony is working there? Sorry I didn't add enough, but I didn't want to give the impression that the place was rocking with customers, it just isn't.

8668724
Our ranks may be slim, but our hearts burns with passion for grammar!

8669002 I am a writer; you are preaching to the converted.

Best story I've read so far. Keep up the good work! :twilightsmile:

I know what song is good for this fic “People Like Us by Kelly Clarkson” :pinkiehappy:

8928669
I have to ask is Terror Waves part of the herd

9343763
Real same I thought she was

The m.c. need some yak or minotaur to help him become strong and so blushie.

Need a pic of terror wave. Sounds scary as shit but this dude get hard over her. He really is a freak.

10278158 Everyone has a little freak in them. :twilightsmile:

DF
DF #26 · Feb 4th, 2021 · · ·

10662043
But that is not the case with indentured servitude, both parties benefits even if it's typically heavily in the favor of one party.

One of the most well know examples is the vast numbers of Irish people who entered into indentured servitude in exchange for transportation to anywhere that wasn't Ireland during the potato famine.

Is twenty years (or however long your contract specifies) of effective slavery working yourself to the bone worth a trip across the ocean? Not to me, but that's between the contract holder and the indentured.

Trading freedom and dignity for room, board, and (presumably) affection for however long the contract stipulates isn't worth it either, not to me and seemingly not to Ian. Pretending to be a pet might not be as bad as picking cotton or harvesting and processing sugar cane, but the fundamental nature of both contracts are the same.

10662069 At the end of the day you can believe whatever you wish. I stated what it was about—I can't really go further than that. This was a commission piece done years ago.

DF
DF #28 · Feb 4th, 2021 · · ·

10662080
Aight.

DF
DF #29 · Feb 5th, 2021 · · ·

10662080
Umm, I want to apologise if I came off as belligerent. I wish I could say that I didn't mean to but that would be a lie.

I can get a bit heated, especially on the internet where you don't have tone and body language to help, but that's no excuse.

I'm sorry.

10664004 That's okay. I like it when people get fired up about my stories. :twilightsmile:

Una

I'd love to see a sequel to this wonderful story someday!

11723462 This one is all done. I am not going to make a sequel at this point.

Una

11723557
Shame, I'd be interested in reading more about Terry. Awesome story nonetheless!

11723954 Thanks. It was a one-off commission, and I would not feel comfortable using the character again, since it was the commissioner's.

11723956
Well talk with them and see if they would mind giving the fans a sequel. What do you have to lose? They say no? You beno worse off.

11726693 I have other stories to tell. Not coming back to this.

11726764
Ugh. You have such a good story and a sequel would be great. at think about it Considering I bet you could create something great.

THIS STORY IS JUST SSOOO....DIFFERENT !!!!!! SSOOO....MUCH....LOVE !!!!

11877167 It was definitely fun to write. Glad you enjoyed it! :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment