• Published 9th Nov 2016
  • 5,574 Views, 69 Comments

Don't Run Away - SkylerTDaniels



What happens when the farmer and the fashionista realize they have feelings for each other? Set in the Equestria Girls world.

  • ...
8
 69
 5,574

"The Truth is what I Bring"

Previously on 'Don't Run Away'

"That was a year ago father." Rarity rolls her eyes.

"Rarity, you had so many mood swings that year it was either from a boy, which we never saw or Applejack. Who we heard of constantly."

"Yeah, we thought she asked you out and you couldn't decide if you should say yes or not." Sweetie Bell Chimes in.

"Well thank you for assuming." Rarity leans back with a pout.

"Aw, don't be like that Rares. Ta tell ya the truth, that was the time I was beginning to realize that I liked Rarity a little more than a friend." I say and nudge her shoulder.

"There ya have it. To future picnics." Hondo says and raises his glass of lemonade. We all do the same and clink to the future.

Six Months Later

There are a lot of people here, considering.


I look around the barn and find half the students from CHS and Crystal Prep. Twilight thought it would be great for both her group of friends to spend the holiday together.

It is great to see both schools interacting peacefully.


“Have you been hiding from me?”

“Never.” I turn around and find Rarity holding her hands behind her back.

“Have I told ya that ya look very beautiful in that outfit of yers."

"Since the moment I put it on." It's a beautiful red halter top with a skirt that rises up to the thighs with some white fluff on the ends and a black belt to keep it in place.

"I do love your outfit as well darling." She says as she runs her hands up from my hips to my stomach and back down.

I shiver and close my eyes for a second.

"Ya should. Ya designed it."

It wasn't anything fancy just the same color as hers. The difference being is it's a one piece dress. With green tips, a red collar and a red hat.

We stare at each other for a while and I move my head towards her. I rest my forehead against hers and whisper "Rarity, there is nothing more that I would want more than to kiss ya like there's no tomorrow."

She giggles and wraps her arms around my neck.

"I would love that too darling. But we have guest and I'm pretty sure our families wouldn't want to see us exploring each other."

We turn our heads and find our families huddled close together laughing at a story Hondo Flanks is telling.

"I guess not. Come the New Year though, I'll make sure ya know how much I love ya."

Rarity blushes and rubs our noses together.

"I can hardly wait Jacqueline." She kisses me sweetly and I feel myself slipping into our personal bubble. We break apart and I carefully move a stray hair back into place.

"I know I said I like the way ya say my name. But ya don't have ta say it all the time Rarity. Applejack, AJ, Jack or Jackie would be fine."

She purses her lips for a moment and nods.
"Fine, Applejack it is then." She then moves her head so her lips are on my ear and whispers.

"At least until we stumble into our rooms." She kisses my earlobe and gently pulls it with her teeth.

I inhale sharply and grab her hips with my nails. Which makes her groan quietly.

"Dang it Rarity, ya just had ta tease me tonight."

"A preview of what's to come."

"If we don't stop, I'll make use of the haystacks outside."

"Applejack!" Rarity half shouts and smacks my shoulder with a smirk and a blush.

"Hey guys, what are you talking about?" Twilight walks up to us with Sunset right behind.

"Haystacks." I say and Twilight gives us a confused stare.

"Wondering if we need more haystacks for the guest to sit down on." I answer and Twilight scans the room.

"Nope. You put out enough for everyone." She says and entwines her fingers with Sunsets.
Sunset wiggles her eyebrows while drinking her cider and Rarity and I blush.

"You throw the greatest get togethers ever Applejack!" Pinkie bounces over to us with Cheese right behind her.

"Yeah, but it could be 20% more cooler if you agreed to letting the Rainbooms play." Rainbow Dash cuts in while finishing up her sandwich.

"Be nice Dashie. Also, I think everyone just wants to relax and go over the year in peace."

"Well put Fluttershy." I say and hand her a glass of cider.

"We did have a strange yet great year." Sunset says and everyone nods.

"We'll if I may. This year has thrown each of us a curve, but we managed to pull ourselves together and face our problems head on." I raise my glass and everyone does the same.

"Happy New Year, and may next year be calmer and more enjoyable."

Everyone says Happy New Year and clink our glasses together.

"It's almost midnight ya'll! 15, 14" Apple Bloom counts down and everyone joins in.

"You always know what to say Darling." Rarity says as she leans onto my side.

"13, 12, 11"

"I have someone to motive me." I say and finish my cider.

"10, 9, 8"

"You charmer."

"7, 6, 5."

"Many more memorable moment to come, Sugarcube."

"4, 3, 2."

"Always"

"1. HAPPY NEW YEAR!"

I pull her in and kiss her softly. When we move back, she opens her eyes and I swear I see them twinkle.

I don't think I can love anyone as much as I love her.

And I never did... until a year later. But that's a story for another time.

Author's Note:

This is it! The ending of this story. Or is it? I am planning on writing something else, but I'm not sure how to get it from point the middle to end. Hopefully I'll figure it out soon! Thank you to all who have been following this story! I hope it was to your liking and to all those who have found it lacking; your concerns, comments, questions and negative comments are always seen by me. I also try to reply as quickly as I can. I hope you all have a wonderful and shiny New Year! :pinkiehappy:

What the hell, here is a blurb of the Untitled Project I am working on.

[/We are on the train back to Canterlot. It's been years since I last step foot in the place where I fell in love and never fell out.
"Where are we going Mama?"
I turn to the side and see our son looking at me with unmistakable eyes.
"Home... we're going home." I whisper and hope it's not too late to fix things.b] :raritydespair:

Comments ( 26 )

7804801
Thank you for the review. I will try to do as you have suggested. Happy New Year! :twilightsheepish:

Woohoo! Now that's one hell of a Christmas gift! And it even had a timely ending!
Overall a great story! It had a ton of heart, and constantly left me wanting to know what happened next. Plus the use of Cheese and Rara were fantastic! I especially loved Rara, her character was great! XD
(Plus it had some great flutterdash in it, which is always a big plus for me :v)
I'm very much looking forward to the sequel!

Great story, looking forward to the sequel!

I'm sorry to say, but the first chapter was near-unreadable for me because of you mixing up tenses.

I wanted to give it a shot, but seeing past tense here and present tense there is just too painful for me to continue.

From what I gathered the story does sound good, so I'll be following it if you were to rewrite it in a consistent tense, preferably past.

7832233
Thank you for keeping up with the story! :rainbowkiss:
I wanted everyone to have a love interest and what better person for Pinkie then Cheese (in my opinion) :scootangel:
I wanted to have some conflict so, I went through some old episodes of "Friendship is Magic" and saw the chemistry Applejack and Rara had as childhood friends. Plus they went to summer camp together so, summer fling maybe? :twilightblush: hehe
I also wanted to give an inside into the other's relationships. Sadly I didn't do as much for Twilight and Sunset... in this story :pinkiegasp: (there might be a Sunlight spin off that takes place during Legends of Everfree. During the year Applejack was talking about in her toast.)
I also look forward to the Sequal! :raritystarry: Many Thanks and Happy New Year! :pinkiehappy:

7835374
Thank you and I am hoping to get at least a few chapters in by February or so. :twilightsheepish:
Thank you and Happy New Year! :pinkiehappy:

7836266
Thank you for your review and I sorry for the tense mix up's. I did rewrite the first chapter to the past tense, it was suppose to be a dream like sequence. I guess I didn't do great job at that and for that I am sorry. :ajsleepy:
The rest of the story is in present tense, just the first chapter is in past tense. :pinkiesmile:
Feel free to Direct Message me if there are any other concerns.
Thank you and Happy New Years! :pinkiehappy:

7839407 Dream sequence or not, the tense should stay consistent. You can write a dream sequence in both past or present tense without mixing the two.

If the rest of the story is consistent in that regard, though, I'll try to suffer through the first one and continue reading.

7839753
I see, thank you for clarifying that for me! :twilightsheepish:
Hopefully the story makes up for the first chapter fumble. :pinkiehappy:

This was an amazing story and will be one of my absolute favorites, and my absolute favorite Rarijack story, I think I've never red one better:raritystarry: I really look forward to the upcoming story:heart::heart:

7858002
Thank you, I wanted conflict and after seeing "The Mane Attraction" I figured why not have Rara help move things along :pinkiehappy:

7868906
I really appreciate all the comments you have posted on this story! :scootangel:
I wanted something relatable and not so far fetched. I have read some that are a little out there ( I love them though :derpytongue2:) I hope to be posting towards the end of February! :pinkiehappy:

Whaaat!?! You have to continue!!! This story is so sweet and cool!!! Long live Rarijack!!!

7932461

Thank You for your amazing comment! Long live Rarijack! :pinkiehappy:
Maybe, hopefully, soon you readers will receive a great surprise! :rainbowkiss:
Thank you for reading and many more stories to come! :twilightsheepish:

7949414 thanks to you!!!

I like how you used lyrics from the song "Don't Run Away" from Let It Shine as titles for your chapters.

I realised at the start of the fourteenth chapter when I saw the title and started making the connection to the story title. Though I'm not sure whether or not I was the only one who noticed. Am I?

7959034

Thank You for that! You are the only one who has noticed! :pinkiehappy:
That was the whole reason I took long publishing the chapters. I couldn't decide what to call the chapters :derpytongue2:
It brings me joy to know that people figure out why I named the chapters that way! :twilightsheepish:
Thanks for the comment and I hope you enjoyed the story! :pinkiehappy:

Calling it now. One of them gets pregnant. Judging from the very last part. Can't wait!

Why am i thinking of "Let it Shine" when i read chapter titles?
Wait a second...:ajsmug:

An interesting way to tell the story, and it was a good story. Just some of the tenses (never did like first person view) and how you put the dancing with the lyrics threw me off some. It's always a tough call for how to manage dancing while singing songs. Technically, the fimfiction rules on song lyrics in the story itself has changed but it's no worries. :)

Good luck writing and thanks for bringing another interesting rarijack story out in the world.

Tone wise this story is all over the place. It seems like you came up with a lot, and I mean a lot, of various set pieces before hand and tired them all together. This might sound like a criticism, and partially I suppose it is, but I will say that the pieces are good and how they are tied together is even better. It's just that from scene to scene it seemed like characters emotions and dispositions change dramatically. You do kind of make up for that near the end with the line about really having been together for a while and just not admitting it, but it doesn't change how dramatic the shifts are. Once I got use to the neck breaking turnarounds though it was a good story with fantastic set pieces. Creating and finding a way to explain an entire dance routine shows commitment to a craft.

Ive just read it all and I really liked it. It was a great story and with all the ups and downs. One amazing RariJack story, plus I love SciSet we got :D

This story is horrible.

I liked the story but... what did you mean by that? I'll pretend I never read that last line XD

"Al menos hasta que nos topemos con nuestras habitaciones". Besa el lóbulo de mi oreja y tira suavemente de él con los dientes.

these girls are horny 😅

La acerco y la beso suavemente. Cuando retrocedemos, abre los ojos y juro que los veo brillar.

When they were counting down and they kiss, this image immediately came to mind
https://derpibooru.org/images/2234930
Long live Rarijack!

A great story, the ending is open, will there be a sequel?

Login or register to comment