• Published 9th Nov 2016
  • 5,556 Views, 69 Comments

Don't Run Away - SkylerTDaniels



What happens when the farmer and the fashionista realize they have feelings for each other? Set in the Equestria Girls world.

  • ...
8
 69
 5,556

"The Whole World is Watching You"

Previously on 'Don't Run Away'

Twilight untangles herself from Sunset and starts walking towards the exit.
Sunset stares and I nudge her with my boot. She looks at me and I nod my head towards the exit. She nods and before any of us register it she’s sprinting after Twilight.
“I really hope this will be the last time they run away from their feelings.” Fluttershy says and wraps her arms around Rainbow Dash.
“All of us wish that Shy.” Rainbow looks at me and moves her eyes towards Rarity.
“This is turning out to be an interesting day for us, darling.” Rarity says and sips her grape juice.
“Sure is Sugarcube.” I say and finish my lunch.

After School

This has not been my day.

I gather the books I need for homework.

I’m not sure about the party to be completely honest.

“Hey Applejack.”

I turn around and see Sunset looking down at the floor.

“Hey Sunset, what can I do ya for?”

“I just wanted to say that I’m sorry for earlier today and I have some news.”

“Ya don’t have to tell me anything if you don’t want to.”

“I talked to Twilight… well more like ran and kissed her, and talked a little after. I think there was a wall and a classroom. But, we’re going to talk more later on today.”

“I didn’t really need all that information, but congrats on taking that final step.”

“I couldn’t let her walk away from me again. I’ve hurt her too many times. And, for some reason, I knew if I let her go today; it would be the last time for us. I wouldn’t be able to handle the pain all that well.”

“You and me both.” Twilight awkwardly stands to the side of us.

“I guess I’ll see ya’ll later. Need anything just give me a call.” I close my locker and walk away. As I turn the corner I look behind me and see them talking to each other. Sunset entwines their fingers and leads Twilight towards the back exit.

Thank goodness this is almost over. They really need this.

“Are you alright Applejack?” Rarity cautiously walks up to me.

“Course I am. Why?”

“You were talking to yourself.”

“Hehe, well I guess I haven’t been sleeping too well... Apple Bloom and Granny tell me I sleep talk.”

“About what?”

“... I don’t think I’m ready to talk about it.”

“Is it something I can help you with?”

“I'm not even sure if it needs to be addressed.” I start walking toward the boutique when she grabs my wrist and turns me around.

“This seems familiar.” I say as she grips my wrist. She looks right in my eye and I can tell she was looking for something in them.

“Whatever it is I will be there for you. Nothing you tell me will ever change the way I see you.”

“... how do ya see me?”

“As someone I ca…”

“Rarity! Why must you keep me waiting?” A guy with white rimmed glasses and an argil sweater, which holds a white comb, cautiously approaches us.

“I was searching for you after our little mishap at the mall. Honestly Rarity, there was no need to pretend to faint just so you can receive a kiss from me. I was going to kiss you regardless of what happened.” The stranger shifted his weight on each leg and moved his arms as if people were taking pictures of him.

“Howdy, I don’t think we’ve met yet. I’m Applejack, and I would kindly ask ya to leave us, more importantly Rarity, alone.” I say and move in between both of them.

“I’m sorry um Apple...Jack. This is a private discussion and I do not recall ever giving you the permission to speak to me.”

“Beg your pardon? I wouldn’t go running my mouth if I were you. I can not guarantee I will be on my best behavior.”

“Oh, I see, you’re a farmer. So silly of me, my vocabulary might be outside of your understanding. I am here to talk to Rarity, not you.”

“I understand your vocabulary just fine. What I’m having a problem with is the way you’re treating my friend.”

“Friend? My, by the way you’re posed in front of her makes it seem like you’re an item!"

Rarity and I blush while looking away from each other.

"Rarity, how could you? This is the biggest scandal I have ever participated in! I can see it now; Canterlot’s own fashionista, Rarity, ruffling sheets with the core of the market, Applejack."

I am really starting to hate this one.

"My readers are going to assume you felt sorry for the farmer and when asked decided to go out with her due to your generous nature. No wonder you threw yourself at me the other day."
Why is Rarity Shaking?

"Dear Applejack, she is only using you for her new line of Spring clothing. No one in their right mind will ever truly lo…” He never finished his speech. He was laying on the ground with a very angry Rarity standing over him. Fist clenched and breathing heavy.

I should really stop staring and make sure she doesn’t kill him.

“Now you will listen to me Trender Hoof, for I will never repeat this again. I said yes to you out of my generous nature. You kissed me and I shoved you into the fountain; there are witnesses so don’t try to rewrite the past. Lastly, anyone would be lucky enough to be with Applejack, she is the most caring, hard working, beautiful farm girl who has the generosity to call me a friend. I have wasted my times on last seasons interest like you before and I will not let you criticize her for doing absolutely nothing. She is more of a human being then you will ever would be! If you excuse me, my fist is starting to bruise and I need to fix certain pipes at my clothing store.” Rarity turns on her heels and struts away.

“Stay away from her. She has made that very clear to you.” I say to Trender who is struggling to stand up.
I jog to catch up with Rarity and I can tell she is in pain.

“Rarity? Are you alright?”

“My fist hurts.”

“Mind if I take a look at it?”

“At the boutique, if you don’t mind.”

I nod and we walk the rest of the way in silence. I keep replaying the whole incident over and over.

No one has ever stood up for me like that.

I glance at Rarity and notice her hand cradled in her left, her head hangs low with her hair covering her eyes.

She's possibly the true definition of inner and outer beauty.
Oh yeah, you're in love.
...
Damn