• Published 9th Nov 2016
  • 5,555 Views, 69 Comments

Don't Run Away - SkylerTDaniels



What happens when the farmer and the fashionista realize they have feelings for each other? Set in the Equestria Girls world.

  • ...
8
 69
 5,555

"You've got Fire"

PREVIOUSLY ON 'DON'T RUN AWAY

“Yeah congratulation, I’m actually jealous you went for it.” Sunset say while looking to the side.

“Well yeah, I mean, when you find that one person you can’t imagine a day without, you just go for it.” Rainbow Dash says and waves Fluttershy over.

Fluttershy walks over and smiles nervously at us.

“Good morning Applejack, Sunset.” Fluttershy half whispers.

“Mornin’ Fluttershy and congrats on dating this ball of mush over here.” I tease and see her physically relax.

“Hey! Just cause I have feelings doesn’t mean I can’t take you down Apple!” Rainbow Dash states and raises a fist.

“Oh please, I don’t wanna embarrass ya so early today. I’ll see ya’ll later, I need ta get ma books.” I tip my hat to the new couple and walk toward my locker.

“I’ll walk with you, need the exercise anyway.” Sunset says while catching up to me.

We turn the corner and I hear Sunset’s heel scratch the floor. I look down at her shoes then raise my head to see her expression go from relax to frustration.

I raise an eyebrow and turn my head in the direction she has focused on. I can’t say that I’m surprise when I find myself staring at an interesting interaction between a blued haired guitar player and our little genius.

“All I’m saying is that they should have put a for sale sign on it. I so wanted to have a side project to work on.” Flash Sentry explains to Twilight as she fixed her backpack.

“As much as I enjoy our conversations, I have to ask, what does this have to do with me?” Twilight asks while adjusting her glasses.

“I wanted you to help me fix it. Since you’re handy with mechanics.” Flash grins and places a hand on her shoulder.

“What about Sunset? She just bought a motorcycle a few days ago.” Twilight drops her shoulder and Flash stares at her in disbelief.

“Are you telling me she bought my neighbors motorcycle?” he half yells.

“I’m not sure if she bought that one. She did buy a motorcycle that was arranged to be sold to her.” she dismisses his outburst.

“Was it a Ducati?”

“I’m not sure, I wasn’t pay attention?”

“How can you not pay attention to a mind blowing conversation like that?!” Flash questions.

“Why don’t you ask her yourself, if you’re so interested?!” Twilight raises her voice which causes a few students to stare at them.

“Hey Twilight, Flash.” Sunset and I slowly make our way over to them.

Twilight turns her head and smiles shyly at Sunset. Sunset wrapped her arm around Twilight’s waist and brings her in for a hug. Twilight wraps her arms around Sunset’s neck. When they step away from each other, they both have a small blush covering their face. Flash sees this and scowls.

“How was everyone’s night?” Sunset asks. Her arm never leaving Twilight’s waist.

“Just finishing some homework and stuff. Flash was actually telling me about the motorcycle you purchased.”

“Oh, you mean the ‘68 Ducati Iron 883?”

“How did you know he was selling it?”

“I asked the last time I went to your house.”

“You were paying him all this time?”

“I’m not exactly rich Flash. I asked if I could make payments, in return he kept the bike until I paid it off.”

Flash nods and scratches the back of his neck.

“Guess I just thought you manipulated him into giving you the bike.”

“You thought what?!” Twilight exclaims as she stands in front of Sunset, ready to defend her.

“It’s alright Twilight, I understand why he would think that.”

“Yes, but that was what a year ago. You have proven yourself more than you need to. Flash, understand she is not the same person she was before. “ Twilight glares at Flash.

“I… huh, yeah I guess you’re right Twilight. Sorry Sunset for all that.” Flash looks past Twilight toward Sunset.

“I’m kind of used to it, so yeah um thanks for the apology.” Sunset says awkwardly.

Twilight grabs Sunsets hand and leads her down the hallway.

“Alright, I guess I’ll see you guys later! Hey Applejack.” Flash yells at them and walks past me on his way to class. I stare at the space for a few more seconds.

“Danm. What a mornin’.” I say out loud and hurry toward my locker before the first bell rings.

I get my books and head toward my first class, English.

Can’t say I like it, but I get to see Rarity in the morning.

“And there I go again, honestly Applejack this is getting weird.”

“Not as weird as talking to yourself!” Pinkie Pie says while bouncing up next to me.

“Howdy Pinkie, what’s got ya so happy in the mornin?” I ask while trying to keep up with her.

“Nothing special really. I just get to see all my friends.”

“Well thank ya for that Pinkie.”

We come to my class, I look inside and don’t see Rarity.

“I’ll see you later Applejack, gotta get to drama!” Pinkie yells at me from down the hall. I wave at her and enter the room.

I sit behind the front row so the teacher doesn’t call on me that much. Normally, Rarity would sit on my right side, but for some reason it's empty. I take out my notebook, pen and place them on the desk. By the time I look up the teacher came in and started writing something on the board. I look around the room to see if Rarity walked in.

I doubt it, she’s usually the first one here.

The bell rings and a few more kids run inside.

“Good morning class, I see that almost everyone is here except for…”

“I’m here, I’m here!” Rarity speed walks in and takes her seat beside me.

"I advise you to be on time in the future Ms. Bell”

“Of course Ms. Cheerily, it won’t happen again, I promise.” Rarity huffs out while taking out her supplies.

“Very well. Now class, I know we have a month to go for Spring Break. (whoo hoo) However (aww) , that does not mean we are going to take a whole month off just to get ready.” Ms. Cheerily explains while getting some papers ready. I look to my right and mouth ‘are you ok?’ to Rarity. She nods and starts writing down the notes that are on the board. I do the same, but I can’t shake the feeling that something is bothering her.

Ring

“Have a great day!” Ms. Cheerily says as class exits

Before Rarity had a chance to leave I grab her wrist. “Hey Sugarcube, are you alright?” I ask and she sighs.

“Oh Applejack, I wish yesterday never happened!” she dramatically says in a way only Rarity can.
Being her, I expect her to faint, so I wrap my left arm around her waist and pull her slightly closer. Rarity shifts her eyes from her waist to my arm and raises an eyebrow.

“Um darling...I appreciate the gesture but I am not going to faint every time I have a bad night.” she says while placing her hand on my arm to steady herself.

“Just making sure. Don’t want another fitting mishap.” I smirk and she puffs out her cheeks in an adorable way.

“For your information my power was drained from my body, Applejack.” she explains and pushes me away. She starts walking toward the door. I pick up her bag and chase after her.

“Ya forgot yer bag sugarcube.”

“I did not, you have the privilege of carrying it for me.”

“Why would I do that?”

“You insisted on teasing me for an event I had no control over.”

“I can’t resist, you’re just too cute when ya get flustered.”

“Yes, well, I simply can’t argue with that.”

“So, what happened?”

“I had a date with one of the ShadowBolts yesterday.”

I wasn't aware she was talking to one?

I stop and raise an eyebrow.

“I wasn’t aware you were even talking to one.”

“Oh of course not! We literally just bumped into each other yesterday and he asked if I wanted to ‘hang out’. I said yes to see what it would be like to go out with a rival.”

“I’m guessing it wasn’t that great.”

“It was horrible. Never have I ever heard of anyone talk so much about themselves and their ‘work’, if that’s what you can call it.”

“You’re making it sound like you went on a date with Rainbow Dash.”

“Rainbow Dash’s work speaks for itself, his work is just words woven together to make useless sentences that appear to a less intelligent audience as a masterpiece!” I gently place my hands on her shoulders to calm her down.

“Listen Rarity, I’m sorry ya had to go on a surprise um, ‘hang out’, with a complete swine. If he couldn’t see that he had the attention of a gal that is everything and more to m… people.” I say and can feel my face heat up. Rarity slowly brought up a hand to wipe away a tear that had managed to get past one of her beautiful sapphire eye.

“You make me seem like a god, Darling.”

“You’re more like a Princess to me, Sugarcube.”

“I shall never forget that.” she says as she wraps her arms around my waist and pulls me close to her. We hug for a while, but I get the feeling she wasn’t done explaining her date.

“Was that all he did Rare?”

“... he might of gotten the wrong impression and surprised kiss me. Which lead to a very embarrassing scene for him.”

My arms tighten around her shoulders as she re-told the event.

He better stay far away from Canterlot.

“What did you do?” I ask half afraid of the answer.

“I slammed my boot on his foot and shoved him off me. He landed in the fountain outside the food court of the mall.” she says and I can hear the smile in her voice.

“I guess those days of me teaching you square dancing paid-off huh.” I laugh and gently played with a strand of hair.

“I was actually thinking of what would you have done if you saw what happened.”

“I wouldn’t have been that nice.”

“A lady must never make a scene for something she was not responsible for.”

“Why didn’t ya call me? I would of gone with ya or picked ya up?”

“I didn’t want to bother you. I know you like to finish your homework and start working the fields to give you a head start before the weekend.”

I gently pull her forward and lift her chin so she was looking at me.

“Listen Rarity, you are never a bother to me. If you need help on anything I’ll be there as fast as I can.”

“You don’t mean anything.”

“As long as I understand that it’s for an important event or a few days to get myself ready to squeeze into those outfits, then yes, I mean anything.”

She smiles and gently places a kiss on my cheek. I instantly freeze.

what do I do? What do I do? What do I do? DO SOMETHING!

“What was that for?” I ask and scratch the back of my neck while trying to keep my face from blushing.

“A thank you for not treating me like an object.”

“Never.” I smile and her face turns slightly pink and laces our fingers together.

“Come along Darling, we still have classes to attend to.” she leads us in the direction of our next class.

“Uh ye… yeah class.” I stutter while looking anywhere but her and our hands.