• Published 9th Nov 2016
  • 5,555 Views, 69 Comments

Don't Run Away - SkylerTDaniels



What happens when the farmer and the fashionista realize they have feelings for each other? Set in the Equestria Girls world.

  • ...
8
 69
 5,555

"Normally, I couldn't turn Your Head"

Previously on 'Don't Run Away'

“To the van!” Pinkie shouts and jumps to the ground and runs to Fluttershy’s van with Cheese right behind her.

“I- I guess I’m driving.” Fluttershy says and walks with Rainbow Dash trying to catch up.

I start walking toward the van when I feel someone’s fingers entwine with mine. I turn my head to the side and see Rarity move closer to me. I smile and lead us to the van.

Great Sandwich Mansion looking House

After we bought our drinks I called Big Mac and asked him if he could swing by so I can take my bass and amp out and put it in Fluttershy’s van. Fluttershy then dropped everyone off at the school so they can get their cars. Rarity said she will pick up Sunset and Twilight and bring them to the house.

I was in the main foyer admiring the décor when I hear Cheese calling from out back.

“Applejack! Yoo-hoo, Applejack! You in there sweetness?!”

“I hear ya Cheese. What ya need?” I ask as I step through the sliding door.

“Technically nothing. The stage is set, mics are good to go, Jolene is hooked up and waiting on sound check.”

“... how did ya know that’s the name of ma bass and why do yer great grandparents have a stage?”

“They host a lot of events here, so they decided to leave it up for future happenings. As for your bass, it was just a hunch.” he winks and goes into the house.

I nod and walk over to the stage. It’s a decent size stage with enough room for back-up singers and if possible dancers. I pick up Jolene and turn on the amp, some feedback come through and I adjust the volume on Jolene. I then adjust her level by playing the chorus to “Friendship Through the Ages” when Pinkie cuts in.

“Things may come and things may go,
Some go fast and some go slow,
Few things last that’s all I know,
but friendship carries on through the ages!”

I turn to her with a smile. “Nice.”

“That was great! Oh, by the way the girls are here and Cheese told me to tell you that he needs you, Sunset and Rainbow upstairs pronto.” Pinkie half whispers, half says normally. I look to the side and nod before I slowly make my way into the house.

Once inside I see Cheese gesture for me to go upstairs. I do and find Sunset waiting outside a room.

“Guest we wait here.” she says as she lowers the mp3 player.

“Are ya going ta sing with the Flash drives?” I ask.

“...maybe. I mean this song is great with just Flash singing, but it does need a raspy voice to make it epic.”

“Are you guys talking bout me?” Rainbow says with Cheese right behind her.

“Enough small talk girls, we only have 3.5 minutes to go over the plan before Rarity calls us for dress rehearsal!” he says and opens the door.

Inside was his room, with a queen size bed, neatly made. Clothes inside the hamper which resides outside the closet or bathroom door. A dresser with a wide mirror is adjacent to the bed. It has picture of us with a few family pictures around it.

“Gotta say Cheese, this is a very well kept room.” I say as Cheese rolls out a rack of our outfits for the song in front of my face.

“Alright, so this is what you guys are going to wear.” he says and takes off his clothes from the rail to show us.

It wasn’t anything fancy. Just a pair of black jeans, a white V-neck shirt, for me. A purple one for Sunset, and an off yellow for Rainbow. With black jackets that have our signature colors on the wrists and collar, and a hat and belt with our ‘cutie marks’.

“Wow.” Sunset says as she looks at her clothes.

“Don’t worry, some performers were your size. So I didn’t spend almost anything.”

I turn my head to the side confused and Rainbow asks “So when do we change?”

“After your set. Just make a beeline straight here and I’ll handle the rest.” he says while checking his phone.

“Times up! Let’s go, go, go!” he pushes us out and we all but ran down the stairs in time to hear Rarity call for us.

“Applejack, Sunset, Rainbow Dash! Come to the dining room for final fittings!” Rarity sings for us and we walk towards her voice.

Outside on Stage

“I love this getup, but do ya have to alter it every time we play Rares?.” I ask and move around so my body gets used to being in this type of clothing again. It was the same outfit we wore when we performed at the carnival.

“Of course Darling. For one, our bodies seem to change every time.”

“Such as?”

“Well, for you it’s the fact that you get leaner every month. While I do appreciate it, the outfit fits you loose in some areas and tight in the others.” Rarity says as she fixes the levels on her key tar.

“Which areas might that be Rarity?” Rainbow asks.

“It is not my place to say Rainbow Dash.” Rarity tries to hide her blush.

“Sound check girls. One, two th-”

“Nope, we are going to warm up first! Now match pitch.” Rarity pulls out her pitch pipe and blows it.

We start singing her acapella song "Find the Music" to get our voices warmed up. Rarity, Sunset and I start us off then everyone joins in.

Bum, bum, bum-ba-da, ba-da Bum, bum, bum-ba-da ah
Bum, bum, bum-ba-da, ba-da (Oh, ah-ah-ah-ah)
Bum, bum, bum-ba-da ah (Oh, ah-ah-ah-ah)
Bum, bum, bum-ba-da, ba-da (Oh, ah-ah-ah-ah)
Bum, bum, bum-ba-da ah (Oh, ah-ah-ah-ah)

Applejack: Trot outside and you see the sunshine Something's in the air today

Sunset: Sky is clear and you're feelin' so fine Everything's gonna be a-okay

Rainbow and Fluttershy: If you listen carefully On every corner there's a rhythm playing

Pinkie and Fluttershy: Then it happens suddenly The music takes you over and you'll

Everyone: Find you've got the music (Rarity: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiind the music) Got the music in you (Twilight: Oh, you) Find you've got the music (Fluttershy: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiind the music)

Everyone:Got the music in you

Sunset: Oh, o-o-oh Everybody's sayin' you should learn to express your voice

Applejack: But if talk doesn't seem like it's the answer

Everyone: Luckily you have a choice When you find you've got the music (Rainbow: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiind the music) Got the music in you (Pinkie: Oh, you) Find you've got the music (Sunset: Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiind the music)

Everyone: Got the music in you Got the music, got the music in you!

After we’re finished we play a few songs to get our levels. Once we are satisfied with the sound I walk off the stage to grab a water.

“Are all your outfits this colorful?” Rara asks as she walks up to me.

“Just when we are performing. How’s your day so far?”

“Fine, considering everything that happened at lunch.”

“Yeah bout that, sorry ya had to step in like that. Guess if things don’t work out tonight I’ll be needing a lot more embarrassing stories.”

“Or you stop thinking the worst is going to happen and think positive for once. You owe yourself that much AJ… is that an apple on your eye?”

“Eeyep, Rarity painted it on me. Ya like it?” I turn my head so she can see it clearly and bat my eyes rapidly.

“Ha-ha yes AJ. I love your eye apple.” Rara says while laughing.

“What’s so funny?” Twilight asks.

“Rara’s jealous of my apple eye paint.” I say with a small pout.

“Don’t worry, if you want we can paint something on your eye.” Twilight offers and Rara shakes her head.

“I-I’m good. This is more of a Rainboom thing than a Countess.” she says with a wink and Twilight blushes a bit.

“People are starting to arrive by a handful. I can do this, huh I can do this.” Twilight says panicky looking for my hand, or anyone’s.

“Stage fright?” Rara asks and I nod for Twilight while holding her shaky hand.

“I used to be, but then I realized if I have the courage to do what I’m great at then what’s stopping me from doing something ordinary people do.”

Twilight gives her a confused look.

“I know it’s a weird, sad way to look at it, but it’s true in a way. You like competing in decathlons right? Just apply the same principles here. Use those butterflies for the better, not the worse. Like I told AJ, think positive and everything will turn out great.” Rara says and give Twilight a quick hug.

“Thank you Rara. Huh, come on Applejack let’s get this over with.” Twilight says and walks towards the stage.

“Close enough.” I say and follow her.

30 minutes later

“Good evening Canterlot High!” Applause and cheers.

“I can hear that you guys are ready!” More applause and cheers, only louder.

“Alright! I am Cheese Sandwich and I will be your MC tonight.” Chants of ‘Cheese’ are heard.

“Thank you, thank you. But you’re not here for me. No, you’re here for seven extraordinary young women!” Shouts of our band name.

“Put your hands together for Canterlot’s own RAINBOOMS!” Cheers getting louder.

For our first song we asked if the school’s band can help.

The snare starts and we were off. Halfway through the song we ponied up and the crowd went wild.

Rally song, Rainbow Rocks, Dance Magic, Shake Your Tail, Perfect Day for Fun, Right there in Front of Me, My Past is not Today (drum solo into) Music in Me(without the Dazzling's part), Better than Ever, Awesome as I Wanna Be with Friendship through the Ages and Shine like Rainbows as encores.

Now that is what I call a set list!

“Did you love them?” Cheese asks the crowd.

“Yeah!”

“Do you want more?”

“Yeah!”

“You will… just not from the Rainbooms per say. (aww) I know, I know but they gotta rest and enjoy the party with all of you guys!”

“I’ll take it!” One person shouts.

“Yeah!” The crowd cheers.

“For right now let’s enjoy the mixing of DJ Pon!” Cheese introduces Vinyl Scratch aka DJ Pon.

Vinyl, uh DJ Pon makes her way on stage and starts Djing. There is a quick moment when the rest of the group was talking to some people while Sunset, Rainbow and I make our way into the house. We are stopped a few times by a few people but excuse ourselves in a way only Rainbow Dash can do.

“Listen people, we thank you and all. But right now we need to get upstairs to help out a friend. So make line for us to walk through! Thank you and our CD goes on sale the last day of school before Spring Break!” she says and pushes me up the stairs.

Once upstairs Rainbow runs to her clothes and heads into the closet. “Call it!” she says and slams the door shut. There is one more door and Sunset looks at me before we both lunge for our clothes and the door. “Call it!” she shouts and shoves me back.

“Fine, but ya’ll are gonna stay in there till I say so!”

“Yeah, yeah!”

“Fine!”

They yell from their rooms. I walk over to the door and lock it to make sure no one enters. I do a quick change and find out my hair fits perfectly as is in the hat. I finish putting on my belt when I hear Rainbow jingle the door knob. “I’m coming out! It’s way too hot in here!” she yells and steps out.

“Aw, Dashie came out of the closet.” I say and put on the white high top shoes Cheese had for us under our attire.

“Shut it Apple, I’m doing this for you.”

“And I thank ya kindly. And I also owe ya big time. You too Sunset.” I say as she steps out of the bathroom. She nods and puts on her shoes.

Once we’re done we look in the mirror for a final look.

“We are totally hot.” Rainbow says and we all laugh.

“You guys ready? Everyone already changed and are outside by the stage.” Cheese says through the door. I open it and nod.

“Oh before I forget, here.” Cheese hands us each a scarf with our love interest ‘Cutie Mark’.

“Wear them on your waist, but don’t show them until the last chorus, after my part kay?” he says and we all nod.

Author's Note:

I decided to leave Dj Pon as is because if Dj Pon3 is from the pony world; then there must be a Dj Pon2 and a Dj Pon in some other parallel world. :trixieshiftright:
Next Chapter is the one that started this whole story :D