• Published 9th Nov 2016
  • 5,545 Views, 69 Comments

Don't Run Away - SkylerTDaniels



What happens when the farmer and the fashionista realize they have feelings for each other? Set in the Equestria Girls world.

  • ...
8
 69
 5,545

"Get to know You, Beyond your Glow"

Previously on 'Don't Run Away'

We sit in silence again until the light turns green.

"I am scared of what's in store for us Jacqueline. But I know we'll get through anything."

"Cause we've been dating for a while now. Just never wanted ta do anything bout it." I say and kiss her knuckles.

"My thoughts exactly."

Canterlot Park- Late Morning

"Alright Applejack, I have a feeling that my dad will fake the ball and toss it back to have Rarity throw it. It's the only way they can tie the score." Sweetie Bell says as we watch the other team come up with a play.

"Ok, so what's the plan?"

"They'll expect you to cover Rarity, cause you've been doing it all morning. We stay in our same position, but you follow my dad and I'll take Rarity."

"Sounds good ta me.”

We break and get into our positions the same time Rarity and Hondo get into there's.

Rarity tries to look threatening, but it just makes her look adorably cute.

I give her a wink and she smirks and nods.

"Blue 34, blue 34, set hut... hut hike!"

Rarity snaps the ball to Hondo and runs to the back of him. I follow until I'm on Sweetie Bell's side. Hondo passes the ball back to Rarity and sprints past us to the end zone. I tip toe forward, turn and sprint after him. I'm on his tail when he looks behind. He's a bit startled to see me, but quickly looks up and runs faster. I do the same and stop a good foot in front of him. I use all the muscles I have in my legs and abdomen to spring up at just the right moment.

I reach my arm up and tip the ball slightly. I turn my head and see Hondo trying to adjust to the new position of the ball. He lunges forward and uses his finger tips to grab the ball. He then brings his arms into his chest and lands on his left side.

I spin around to see if he actually caught it. He moves onto his back and picks up the ball with his hands.

Rarity cheers as she runs towards us with Sweetie Bell behind her.

I hold out a hand to Hondo and he takes it gratefully.

"My oh my Applejack! You almost had me there." he says out of breath.

"I would’ve too. Just wasn't expecting it to be thrown that high up."

"I forgot to mention that my sister has a wicked floater. Spirals, not so much, but floaters those are the one's to look out for." Sweetie says as she puts up her hand for a high five.

I return it and pull her in for a hug.

"I must say I was not expecting the switch on your part." Rarity says and stands to the side of Hondo.

"It was all Sweetie Bell's idea." I say and ruffle her hair.

"She is a crafty little thing, but I love her and you too Rarity." Hondo says and puts his arm around Rarity.

"Father, please we are both remarkably sweaty."

"Oh come now, we're all family. Now, let's go see how your mother’s doing."

Hondo and Sweetie start walking towards the picnic blanket. Rarity stays behind and moves in front of me.

"Thank you." She says as she moves my bangs out of my face.

"For what Sugarcube?"

"For making my father happy."

"It's nothing really. I do have one question though."

"What is it?"

"Do yer parents know about us?"

"Oh darling, they thought we were already dating when you stayed for dinner."

"Ha, yeah. I guess we did do things only couples do."

She grabs my hand and leads us towards the picnic blanket.

"There you two are. Sit down, sit down and tell us how 'you' happened." Mrs. Crumble says as she hands us a bottle water and a glass of lemonade.

"We actually became us last night mother." Rarity answers.

"We could've sworn you girls were dating way before that." Mrs. Crumble teases.

"True, true. Ever since you guys became friends again to be exact." Hondo adds.

"That was a year ago father." Rarity rolls her eyes.

"Rarity, you had so many mood swings that year it was either from a boy, which we never saw or Applejack. Who we heard of constantly."

"Yeah, we thought she asked you out and you couldn't decide if you should say yes or not." Sweetie Bell chimes in.

"Well thank you for assuming." Rarity leans back with a pout.

"Aw, don't be like that Rares. Ta tell ya the truth, that was around the same time I was beginning to realize that I liked Rarity a little more than a friend." I say and nudge her shoulder.

"There ya have it. To future picnics." Hondo says and raises his glass of lemonade. We all do the same and clink to the future.