• Published 9th Nov 2016
  • 5,555 Views, 69 Comments

Don't Run Away - SkylerTDaniels



What happens when the farmer and the fashionista realize they have feelings for each other? Set in the Equestria Girls world.

  • ...
8
 69
 5,555

"Baby you're the Finest"

Previously on 'Don't Run Away'

“Kiss me” she whispers.

I gulp and move my arm around her waist and move the right arm to tilt her chin upwards towards my lips.

“With pleasure” I whisper back and move forward to kiss her.

Not sure if there was fireworks or if it was just me. But damn does it feel great to kiss her.

It was slow at first, then it got more heated. Our tongues dance together and my hands found their way to her hips and pull her closer.

"Dang AJ, get a room. There's people watching you." Rara says as she stops on the side of us. I pull away from Rarity's lips and she wraps her arms around my waist and snuggles her head in the crook of my neck.

"It was a long time coming." I say and feel Rarity nod her head.

"Can't argue with that" Rara says and gets shoves to the side.

"What the hell is going on here!?" Meadow yells and makes DJ Pon stop her mix.

"You all can't be that blind? They are two girls! Hell, all of them are girls and you let them be with other girls! That's sick and wrong!"

I cleanse my fist and start to pull away from Rarity. She grabs my arms and keeps me still.

"Is there a problem?" Flash asks as he and his band walk towards us.

"Flash, thank the stars you're here. Come, set these people straight. Educate them in how dating is supposed to be."

"You know, for a drifter, you sure are pretty ignorant." Flash says and crosses his arms.

"Excuse me?"

"These girls have been nothing but kind and generous to you."

"Oh please, don't start with the whole magic thing. I've heard enough of that."

“Maybe you should be told again. They do everything in their power to make sure everyone feels welcome and accepts everyone's differences. No matter what they are."

He turns around and gives us a thumbs up and we smile at him.

"Whatever, I'm done with her anyway. She's a tease and nothing more. Good luck trying to fu-" Rara punched Meadow's nose and he fell backwards to the floor.

Why does everyone get to hit the people I hate but me.

Rara stands over Meadow and says very calmly "I think it's time for you to leave."

Meadow gets up fast and moves towards Rara. Cheese and Flash move to grab him by the shoulders and shove him out the gate.

A roar of applause and good byes were said as Meadow left with his hand wiping off blood from his nose.

"You guys ok?" Rara ask as she looks at us.

"That. Was. Totally awesome! Who knew you have a mean right hook." Rainbow says and starts shadow boxing.

"You ok?" I ask Rara and she shakes her head.

"Of course, he wasn't the first person and besides you're the one who taught me."

"Oh, I'm not worried bout your fist."

"Gee thanks. Just wished I'd done something more. Hopefully he learned his lesson."

"Thank you so very, very much Rara. I, uh, we owe you." Rarity says and hugs Rara.

"Gosh Rarity, it was nothing really. Just something your girlfriend would have done if she had her arm standing by." Rara points her chin towards me.

Rarity looks at me and notice my hands are shaking and in fist. She moves over tome and places her hands on top of mine.

"Applejack, I need you to look at me and hear what I have to say."

I raise my eyes from the floor to her sapphire orbs. Rarity raises her right arm and moves my cap up a little to see my eyes better. She then moves her hand down to stroke my cheek.

"Jacqueline, there is nothing you could have done to change his mind."

"Rarity I-"

"No. I asked you to hear what I have to say and I'm not finished."

I nod and cast my gaze down. Rarity moves her hand to lift my chin up.

"You, Jacqueline, are important to me. And I will not have you punching anyone who speaks badly about me or you."

Her thumb ghosts across my lips.

"I would rather have you walk away then make them realize that all the stuff they think about you or us is true… I can handle all the insults and I am capable of making my point known." She says as she lightly punches my jaw. I laugh and grab her hand. I hold them up to my lips and kiss her knuckles. She shivers lightly and closes her eyes for a brief moment.

"My point being, you don't owe those people any explanation. You are the only one who can say if their words mean anything.” Rarity leans up to my lips.

"And I know you won't, you're too stubborn to take anyone else's word against what you believe in." She kisses me with a smile and I kiss her back.

"I know I have bad timing, but we really need to know if Sunset would sing with us?" Flash asks as we pull away from each other.

"After what you did for us, I'll sing two songs with you guys ." Sunset says as she holds Twilight close.

"Ha-ha nah, enjoy the party. We only need you for one. However; we can talk later about collaborating." Flash says and Sunset nods.
"Alrighty then let's get this show on the road!" Cheese yells as he ushers Sunset and Flash up to the stage.