• Published 9th Nov 2016
  • 5,484 Views, 69 Comments

Don't Run Away - SkylerTDaniels



What happens when the farmer and the fashionista realize they have feelings for each other? Set in the Equestria Girls world.

  • ...
8
 69
 5,484

"Don't Run Away"

Author's Note:

Alright, so this is how the chapter is set up. The (parentheses) are the girls dancing. They're doing it at the same time. You'll know when the Italics are for Applejacks thoughts and when they are used for singing. Yes, I did see Applejack, Rainbow Dash and Sunset do all the moves before writing the story. This is the what started it all. Enjoy! Don't Run Away by Tyler James Williams :pinkiehappy:

Previously on 'Don't Run Away'

Once we’re done we look in the mirror for a final look.

“We are totally hot.” Rainbow says and we all laugh.

“You guys ready? Everyone already changed and are outside by the stage.” Cheese says through the door. I open it and nod.

“Oh before I forget, here.” Cheese hands us each a scarf with our love interest ‘Cutie Mark’.

“Wear them on your waist, but don’t show them until the last chorus, after my part kay?” he says and we all nod.

Back on Stage

“How about that mix huh.” whistles and applause.

“Alright, so we have something a little different for you tonight. One of my friends likes this girl (ooohh) but it’s a bit complicated (aww). So she asked if we can help (yeah) so here they are R.A.S!”

“Yeah!”

The spotlight that was on Cheese goes out and we walk out and get into position. Rainbow in the middle, Sunset on her right side and I on her left.

Thank God he has someone on lights.

The music starts and the lights come on soft with different colors lighting the background.

Yeah, yeah, yeah (each yeah we move our shoulders up and down.) Beat drops and we jump up.
Her beauty's crazy Rainbow sings the first verse. (We slowly move our arms and legs in time with

the beat as we slowly turn to face the audience)

I watch her from the crowd

Her voice is so amazing (Rainbow moves her hand to mime out the words being said)

She make her momma proud.

I tried to send her flowers (Rainbow points at Fluttershy)

But she has no address

Her home is in my heart (She makes a heart with her hands)

It's like she never left.


This is more than a crush (quick feet towards the audience)

More than a like, like (clap twice)

More than a love (hearts with hands)

Baby I'm a make you mine, (point to Rarity)

And I ain't giving up (move finger side to side, back to starting position)

This is more than a crush (quick feet towards the audience)

More than a like, like (clap twice)

More than a love, (hearts with hands)

Baby I'm a make you mine, (point to Rarity)

And I ain't giving up (move finger side to side)


Don't run away (slide feet in and out)

Don't run away from the truth (turn to one side, then the other while sliding feet in and out)

'Cause I'm not giving up on you (stop and squat forward toward the crowd then starting position)


Don't run away (slide feet in and out)

Don't run away from the truth (turn to one side, then the other while sliding feet in and out)

'Cause I'm not giving up on you (stop and squat forward toward the crowd)


Shawty you got fire (wiggle fingers while standing up)

But I'm preaching to the choir (bring hands to a praying motion)

I know you know (move hands up and down in front of chest. Left, center, right)

The whole world is watching you, so (around the world motion with right arm and point)


Don't run away (quickly bring right leg and arm out to the side and bring them back)

Don't run away from the truth

'Cause I'm not giving up on you (spin and move to the left. Sunset goes in the middle and Rainbow on the right.)

Sunset sings next verse.


Uh, they say true love is blind (spin out and cover right eye with hand)

That real romance is timeless (stop and pose to the beat)

You're like my favorite movie (clap hands to the beat while walking forward close to the edge and stop)

Play it don't rewind it (quick feet back to the middle of the stage)

'Cause baby you're the finest (point and wave motion starting with legs up to head)

Your love I'm gonna find it (turn to the left on the beat. Arms extended at the waist and pull forward)

And when I do, I'll run away with you (walk around in a small circle while pointing at the floor)

Somewhere where they can't find us (jump to a stop legs open slightly while looking at the background)


This is more than a crush (more right arm and leg in a wave motion from one side to the other)

More than a like like (wave gets to the other side clap twice)

More than a love (make a heart on the side in the air after clapping twice)

Baby I'm a make you mine (move side to side with shoulders with the heart)

And I ain't giving up (spin jump to face the audience)


This is more than a crush (more left arm and leg in a wave motion from one side to the other. With head down)

More than a like like (wave gets to the other side clap twice and make a heart)

More than a love (move across chest)

Baby I'm a make you mine (point to audience)

And I ain't giving up (wave one finger)


Don't run away (slide feet in and out)

Don't run away from the truth (turn to one side, then the other while sliding feet in and out)

'Cause I'm not giving up on you (stop and squat forward toward the crowd then starting position)


Don't run away (slide feet in and out)

Don't run away from the truth (turn to one side, then the other while sliding feet in and out)

'Cause I'm not giving up on you (stop and squat forward toward the crowd)


Shawty you got fire (wiggle fingers while standing up)

But I'm preaching to the choir (bring hands to a praying motion)

I know you know (move hands up and down in front of chest. Left, center, right)

The whole world is watching you, so (around the world motion with right arm and point)


Don't run away (quickly bring right leg and arm out to the side and bring them back)

Don't run away from the truth (spin to the center.)

'Cause I'm not giving up on you (Sunset to the right, Rainbow to the left. My turn to sing.)


Normally I couldn't turn your head (left knee on the floor arms on top of one and another)

That's why I had to write this instead (wave motion with arms and move head to the left)

Let's be friends, start out slow (right palm to the floor, legs out push up to a standing position)

Get to know you beyond your glow (place hand on chest, pop chest up turn around)

You're more than meets the eye (back to audience. Cross legs and spin around)

Girl you pterodactyl fly (squat and move right arm like a wing)

Way back when you knew my name (hop up and move back a step. In a row with Sunset and Rainbow)

Now the truth is what I claim (beat drops point to the right where Cheese is light’s go out on us and focus on Cheese. Pull out the scarf around waist. Make sure ‘cutie mark’ is visible)


Don't run away, ‘Don’t run away’ (quickly bring arm in and slide feet in and out)

Don't run away from the truth (turn to one side, then the other while sliding feet in and out)

'Cause I'm not giving up on you (stop and squat forward toward the crowd then starting position)

Don't run away (slide feet in and out)

Don't run away from the truth (turn to one side, then the other while sliding feet in and out)

'Cause I'm not giving up on you (stop and squat forward toward the crowd)

I ain’t give, giving up on you


Shawty you got fire (wiggle fingers while standing up)

But I'm preaching to the choir (bring hands to a praying motion)

I know you know (move hands up and down in front of chest. Left, center, right)

The whole world is watching you, so (around the world motion with right arm and point)


Don't run away, ‘Don’t run away’ (quickly bring right leg and arm out to the side and bring them back)

Don't run away from the truth (spin to the center.)

From the truth

'Cause I'm not giving up on you (move to the middle and pose.)


We are breathing heavily and I can’t hear anything but ringing.

Judging by everyone jumping up and down, I say we did great.

“Wow wee, now if that is not a declaration of love I don’t know what is!”

“I’ll be your girl Applejack!”

“Runaway with me Rainbow!”

“We’re a perfect match Sunset!”

The crowd yells at us and we smile and wave. Slowly Rainbow turns and walks offstage with Sunset and me in tow. They don’t get a warning when two bodies slam into each of them. I chance a glance and they were indeed kissing their girlfriends.

“Sunset, who knew.” Twilight says as she pulls Sunset in for another kiss.

“I loved every second of it Dashie.” Fluttershy says and whispers something into Rainbow Dash’s ear. Rainbow Dash blushes and pulls Fluttershy in for another kiss.

I slowly move away from them but stop to see Rarity staring at me with her arms cross and tight lip.

Huh, ok. Here goes nothing.

I move so we are standing right in front of each other.

“...did ya like the show?”

Nothing.

“It was about you, by the way.”

Still nothing.

“Look, I know I’m not what ya imagined your knight in shining armor to be. But dang it Rarity, I like ya so much that I am willing ta do anything ta make ya see that we are great together. If ya still can’t see it now, then I guess I tried everything.” I say and turn to leave when I hear her say

“Not everything.”

I turn back around and she walks into my personal space.

“Kiss me” she whispers.

I gulp and move my arm around her waist and move the right arm to tilt her chin upwards towards my lips.

“With pleasure” I whisper back and move forward to kiss her.

Not sure if there was fireworks or if it was just me. But damn does it feel great to kiss her.

It's slow at first, then it get's more heated. Our tongues dance together and my hands found their way to her hips and pull her closer.

"Dang AJ, get a room. There's people watching you." Rara says as she stops on the side of us. I pull away from Rarity's lips and she wraps her arms around my waist and snuggles her head in the crook of my neck.

"It was a long time coming." I say and feel Rarity nod her head.

"Can't argue with that" Rara says and gets shoves to the side.

"What the hell is going on here!?" Meadow yells and makes DJ Pon stop her mix.