• Published 15th Nov 2016
  • 2,149 Views, 108 Comments

Soul in the Sword - Nonameknight



This world is dangerous. I almost died as soon as I got here by means I don't understand, and it feels like its only going to get worse. At least this sword that saved my life will help even the odds.

Comments ( 24 )

well, this chapter is a lot better, pacing-wise, than the previous chapters. honestly can't wait for more of this, now.

I am painis cupcake

9118284
Glad to hear it! It's one of the (many) reasons this chapter took so long. I read over it a few times and edited it quite a bit trying to get it to feel a little more reasonably paced. Glad to know the extra effort payed off!

Protagonist is kinda incorrect about lasers. we HAVE technology to make portable weapon unlike we have got not enough to make an effective artillery. We already have portable tools. But use if such weapon is equaled to use of chemical weapons. Any directed energy weapons, sonic, laser, plasma, etc., for personal use are banned.

A good chapter though

9118345
You are 100% correct, but remember that Liam is more of an average dude. I like your phrasing though, since you specified that the protagonist is incorrect. Even if he is aware that laser guns can be made, it doesnt mean that he knows they are illegal, and at the very least doesn't think they are able to be mass produced in such a way to be used in warfare. I'm glad to see that kind of thinking though, since it means people are paying attention to the little details and questioning it. Thank you for your comment, and I hope you enjoy the next chapter just as much!

I feel he should get some sweet, succulent sword ghost tang

9118355
I also was paying attention to the fact he doesn't look like self-insert.

To be honest, in his place, I'd answered "No, we don't use anything like that." A truthful answer that doesn't rise alarm. Outside context conflict caused by the fear of advanced technology is not something I'd wanted here.

9118377
Good point. I'll try to remember that for the future.

Yeah, Liam isn't a self insert. The only part of him that was inspired by my own life experiences is his love of music, fascination with magic, and being able to DJ. Those particular aspects are easier for me to write, as im more familiar with those particular aspects, but beyond that he is intended as an original character that has no relation to me personally.

(God knows i would have lost my shit more than once in his situation, lmao)

9125805
Rabbits really vary is size. One point of reference was candy cane which had known size, other was a standing bear.Also, Tia's horn is almost as tall as her neck <.<

Finally caught up, and I have just one thing to say: You sir, are a bloody genius.
Time to activate the tracking beacon...

9127547
Thank you so much! I'm glad to hear that you've enjoyed the fic, and I'm grateful for your words of support! Regarding the PoV change, I may go back to add something along those lines, though in my personal experience, I've found that they can be jarring when it comes to immersion. While i try to avoid that, its sometimes unavoidable, especially when changes in perspective happen. I'm glad that you enjoyed the fight scene, and thank you for tracking my story! I hope you enjoy the next chapters just as much!

Wait, people are talking about my story on Discord?! Awesome! Tell your friend thanks for me, and that I'm glad he/she is enjoying it too!

Man, eight chapters in and you're doing great!

Aside from Lyra's mysterious human, the part that got me really thinking were parts like these:

Walking towards the entrance to the library, I couldn't help but feel a bit more at ease about this entire situation.
Maybe...maybe I can trust Liam...

I'm wondering if Celestia will talk to Twilight about this. Not in a ending-growing-conflict-between-Liam-and-Twilight scenario, but more of a helping Twilight better reflect on the matter and ease any lingering worries. Like a, "You know Twilight, I remember a filly that wasn't well known until her large amount of power was shown. She made many in Canterlot worry after both hatching a dragon and making it grow to adult size with her raw power. But with guidance and friendship was able to become something wonderful!" Or simply comfort Twilight if she is worried about the possible damage that could ensue since she still has her friends (including Liam now) to help.

No matter the direction though, I'm looking forward to how things go. ^_^

9152890
I'm glad to hear it!

Yeah, i've considered something similar. Not quite sure how its going to play out, or even when, but if i can find a way to make it fit, I'm gonna do it. It's going to be doubly important later on, given what im planning to do.

Can't tell you what it is, but thats part of the surprise!:pinkiehappy:

I can not wait for the next chapter, you have done amazing so far!

An intriguing idea that surprisingly few build on or run with. I'll be keeping an eye on this one, just as you decided to keep an eye on me.

Oh, and try not to get crippling insanity by watching me, if you can.

Questions did you stop writing this story I cheked the publishing date and it's beenough a long time? Just wondering also love where the storys gone you did a really good job on it. Hope to see more soon. :)

9604120
Im definitely still working on it, but ive put time aside to practice writing a bit more and planning this story out. I realized that besides a few future scenes, I didnt have much of an idea where this fic was going. After taking some time to go over it and think, ive got plans for future chapters, and am going to start up again soon, hopefully within the next couple of weeks. Thank you for your interest, and for taking the time to comment! Thanks for the follow too! I appreciate it! :pinkiehappy:

Is there going to be a update any time soon?

10375043
I am still working on this story, life has just seen fit to divert me from it at every opportunity, lol. Things are hectic rn, so planning and writing are both going either at a snail's pace, or put on hold to deal with irl. Thanks for the follow and your interest in my fic, I appreciate the support!:pinkiehappy:

Hope to see more soon, I really like this.

10639460
Been reworking some story aspects and continuing to write in the background, but life has been incredibly turbulent at all times these days, it feels. I hope to continue for a long while though. : )

More good

Login or register to comment