• Published 9th Apr 2016
  • 11,254 Views, 878 Comments

Catherine the Great - Scarheart



A six-year-old girl becomes the queen of a changeling hive! Too bad her parents are against this... (May contain musical numbers!)

  • ...
35
 878
 11,254

A Field Guide to the North American Changeling (326th edition)

The Hoomans Humans!

Catherine Anastasia Thomas - Six years old. New queen of the changelings! May God have mercy on our souls.

Franklin Benjamin Thomas - Thirty-five years old. Independant contractor. Carpenter.

Beatrice Ann Thomas - Thirty-one years old. Elementary school teacher.

Lindsey Crawford - Sixty-eight years old. The neighborhood gossip. Nosy. Really nosy.

Levi Coffin - Fifty-two years old. A Quaker minister. Thinks changelings are adorable Xenomorphs.

And introducing...

Mr. Mephistopheles - The family cat. Gray and white mix. What if Angel Bunny was a cat?

The Changelings!

1. Speaker - Speaks on behalf of the collective. Male.

2. Angela - She is a Virgo. We don’t know why she says she is one. Female.

3. Wesley - Likes to stare at Frank. Male

4. Jon - Loves the Beatles. Female.

5. Gordon - Once helped expand the sun. Credited with the first shapeshift on earth. Male.

6. Ni - A mysterious changeling who only says one word. Female.

7. Cabbage - He was dropped as an egg. Several times. Poor guy. He’s always happy. I envy him. Male.

8. Foghorn - This poor guy has a reputation for gas. Specializes in SBD. Male.

9. Rupert - He loves to run and run and run and run. Male.

10. Bob - One of Gordon's helpers. Feels unappreciated. Male.

11. Silky - The first of the females to start growing out a mane and tail. She's a bit needy. Then again. they all are. Female.

12. Pindrop - She's a curious one. Female.

13. Newton - He is ze smart vun, ja? The oldest of the changelings, Newt is a reluctant member of the 47. Male. (Special thanks to batran for the name!):twilightsmile:

14. TK421 - She would have made an awesome infiltrator, if it wasn't for the fact she is a mute. Doesn't stop her from singing. Female.

15. Zilla - A changeling librarian. Chrysalis used her to anticipate Twilight's obsessive-compulsive mannerisms. Militaristic. Female. (Special thanks to Dimensional Librarian for the name!):twilightsmile:

16. Alpha - Traditionalist changeling. Hatched from the same egg as Beta. They are identical sisters. She is terrified of developing an identity. Speaks in a monotone.

17. Beta - Traditionalist changeling. Hatched from the same egg as Alpha. They are identical sisters. She is terrified of developing an identity. Talks like a Valley girl. Absolutely hates her new personality.

18. X

19. X

20. X

21. X

22. X

23. X

24. X

25. X

26. X

27. X

28. X

29. X

30. X

31. X

32. X

33. X

34. X

35. X

36. X

37. X

38. X

39. X

40. X

41. X

42. X

43. X

44. X

45. X

46. X

47. X

48. Chrysalis - Queen of the changelings. Doesn’t put drawings on the fridge. Female, obviously.



Please remember changelings are considered an endangered species. Those that do harm to a changeling will be subject to up to 10 years in prison and $250,000 fine. Don't do it. You can't afford it.

Author's Note:

Really? I mean, really? You expect something in the author's notes for your guide to all the changelings in this story? Well...you're right!

As more changelings get named, they will be introduced here to help me you guys keep track of them! Relevant hoomans will be included!

Comments ( 241 )

how is this so amusing?

7122732 Just helping readers to keep track of the changelings. Not really meant to be amusing more than it is to help readers (and admittedly myself) keep track of all those darned names!

*sound of drowning in a tidal wave of chapters*

7122732 Magic... Vegas Magic....

Are we allowed to come up with ideas/suggestions for the other 38 changelings in case you run out of ideas or you got that covered?

7122782

Might want to pin this as a "last chapter", like a sticky post, so everyone can reference it as needed. (I know a few fics that could use a spreadsheet to keep track of all it's characters like some Game of Thrones TV show, heh!)

7122979 Yes. But you must give a reason why you think the changeling should have that name. Keep in mind this story is rated 'E', though! :twilightsmile:

7123016 Reference to the 47 Ronin.

I wonder if some of them will be named or based off readers. I would be Carl, who always says the worst/Most Inappropate/Rudest thing at the worst time.

Cool concept here. Now we can figure out all the changeling.:pinkiehappy:

This story continuously makes my day each chapter! I love it! :twilightsmile:

Make Changeling with tryphophobia :D

Well, I can certainly say that keeping a document of confusing stuff certainly helps keep me organised.

7123199 how could you be so cruel D:

Daddy Potatoe will always miss his Cabage.

7123333 They eyes have it!

The Refrences are SO REAL!!!

(reads this chapter and looks at my character list sheet)

Hmm, should I keep my own character list? My list doesn't have Ni and Cabbage, but it has Kevin, Reggie, and Charles....

Edit: I have decided to keep my own list.

7122999

Well I got a handful of ideas XD
but these 3 are the main ones I fleshed out, their names are Abel (or Hevel), Prez, and Newton (or Newt for short). These may be a bit lengthly, but you can skim through it if you like.

I imagine Abel (or Hevel) to be the most introverted of the 47 Changelings, he is often considered to be quite shy, often quiet, and is known as the "baby brother" (since he's the youngest) of the group as time goes on. If the story progresses to the point changelings had discovered social media, Abel would be the one spend his time on Social Media, perhaps having Twitter accounts and such (if he gets a computer or phone). I put his name as Abel (or Hevel in Hebrew), because his biblical counterpart (I'm not religious, but i'm fascinated by stories from the bible) was described as Self-Righteous, but who is put down by those who are envious or jealous, so I interpret him as an underdog. if possible, he also likes anime (you can shorten it if you want)

Prez is a Changeling who is often fascinated by history, if he gets his hands on any human history, he would begin to call himself "Prez" (short for President). He is often portrayed to be a parody of Modern (mostly Post-Progressive Era) American Presidents, as he is quite fond of them. He can often quote past presidents and sometimes have quirks of saying random things associated with a president (Ex: "Mission Accomplished", "uhh- let me be clear!", "It's the economy, stupid!". Perhaps humourously throwing in "Et Tu, Brute?"). Before he came to Earth, he had an interest in past Equestrian/Changeling military leaders. He also likes social Media along with Abel (or Hevel), though not as frequent.


and finally: no large silly group is complete without "the smart one", in this case it's Newton (or Newt), he is the one that is most knowledgeable of the group. When getting into dangerous situations he is often calculating risks and is often saying things related to numbers, such as "I am 90% sure this won't work" or "This is opportunity is one out of a Million!". However, he is sometimes boastful of his massive knowledge, much to others annoyance. He also likes to wear glasses, if he could get any. I call him Newton for obvious reasons. He also likes to record the history of the group too

Gordon - Once helped expand the sun. Credited with the first shapeshift on earth.

That wasn't just any first shapeshift, that was a gender bending shapeshift. Then again, this is only significant if it is either hard to pull off or frowned upon / taboo. After all it was actually pointed out by another changeling, so it seemed like something more than "oh well it's completely normal". Also I may or may not be heavily influenced by Shifting Melodies' headcannon about gender shifting.

still want one to acr like an 'old timie' mobster.:pinkiehappy:

D48

7123092 As much as I love the idea of having one of the changelings follow the military tradition of Carl, I just don't see how they could learn about it in a reasonable timeframe.

Poor cabbage.

Wait, did the hive even have a fridge to put pictures on?

7123824 Considering how fascinated they were by the Hooman fridge, probably not.

7120798 Well, I am obliged to at least give one warning to people who foolishly trust something alien simply because it looks like something they like.

THEN I can send the brain-eating monsters to finish them off with a clear conscience! :pinkiecrazy:

Those that do harm to a changeling will be subject to up to 10 years in prison and $250,000 fine. Don't do it. You can't afford it.

*Alondro, the quintillionaire, shoots a bazillion cherngelerngs* I'll write you a check. :pinkiecrazy:

Fridge. Icebox. Door to the Cool Pantry. Door to the Ice House. Place where some changelings with better weather magic than others (or an enslaved pegasus?) kept things cold. Whatever!

7122999

Based on the references I noted last chapter

Hmmm the Changeling that spoke of Hoomans could get a Ferengi style name Quark, Rom, Nog, Brunt, Nagus there are plenty of options there

As for tenday depending on gender I'm thinking Bzzzzt Do'Urden if its a male, and hmmm, not sure what to do for a female sadly while their are some semi famous female protagonists in the Forgotten Realms, none of them have the same level of name recognition...

7124359 That would work as would any number of others such as Alustriel or even start using deity names from the Forgotten Realms, but none of them seem to reach that same level of knowledge (whether loved or hated) that is Drizzt.

7123747 I think we'll get a Joe and a Charlie soon.

Start beliving in the author. There is always time for rude interuptions.

I would like 37 because it is a prime number , I think I will make him/her a cheerful optimist thus they will be known as:














optimist prime:pinkiehappy:

We need more shenanigans.

I think.

7124578
Hopefully, Optimist refrains from tearing out faces.

I'm so faving this XD
Please, more! :pinkiehappy:

i have no pride, I say #21 should be named "Blackjack".

I don't have to explain that do I?

:rainbowhuh:

So this is what you get when you have too much creativity, and not enough logic...

7125560 No. You do not. :coolphoto:

I half way expect one of them to be called some thing ridiculous like Darkheart.

Catherine the Great? Looks like I've mistaken. Common russian name is a good way to draw the attention of those who live in the post-USSR countries (Easter Europe especially) and having reference to the famous leader of Russian Empire only increases the effect.

I'll definetly read it later but until that moment I'll only guess about plans of this Catherine on Poland.

Changeling #42 should be named Douglas Adams :pinkiehappy:

So what did you think about my suggestions?

7123428 I like the names. Will work out their quirks later.

Login or register to comment