• Published 17th Feb 2016
  • 10,675 Views, 581 Comments

Shy and Aggressive - Johng117



Fluttershy finds herself in one of the most unlikely of situations. She meets the top delinquent of Ponyville High. Not only that, he is also a freak to society.

  • ...
45
 581
 10,675

PreviousChapters
Anthology: Friendship is Magic Pt. 6

It was a normal day at Ponyville High. Junior yawned as he began to place some books in his locker.

"Man, I'm beat," said Junior. Fluttershy looked at him oddly as she stood by him.

"But it's early noon," said Fluttershy.

"Yeah it sucks. I'd kill for a nap," said Junior with a sigh.

"Goji, have you been staying up late?" asked Fluttershy, almost in a parental tone.

"No. And why are you talking like you're my mother?" asked Junior.

"Maybe you have sleep apnea. You do tend to snore," said Fluttershy.

"I do?" asked Junior. The girl nodded to him.

"Ah it can't be that. I mean, the party that Pinkie threw for me was draining," said Junior.

"Gojira, that was Saturday," Fluttershy stated flatly. Junior cleared his throat.

"It was intense," said Junior, almost a mutter.

"Well, you did seem to have had fun," said Fluttershy. Junior shrugged, avoiding eye contact.

"It was alright," said Junior. The girl grinned.

"You can't fool me with your downplay. I can see in your eyes that you enjoyed it!" teased Fluttershy. Junior blushed as he stood upright with an uptight posture.

"Ah cut it out," said Junior. Fluttershy giggled. It made her happy to know that the boy was starting to get along with the others as he was. She hoped that soon, they'd all become friends. As the two made their way down the hall, they took notice of students flocking to the trophy display. Here, they admired the latest claimed trophy from the recent game.

"Man, did you see that shot? Rainbow Dash is awesome!" cried a student. The students fondly spoke of the game. Fluttershy smiled at Junior, who bashfully scratched his cheek. The look she gave him let him know that she appreciated him seeing through the game with Dash, especially when he was close to quitting.

"Haha! Did you see how Takeshi's face was swollen?" asked a student.

"Yeah, that was hilarious! He never looked better!" laughed a girl.

Fluttershy gasped. Junior furrowed his brows. The rose haired girl lightly frowned as she glanced at the boy, whose mood had soured. As the students continued to laugh at his expense, Fluttershy hardened her expression.

"Hey, that's not-" Fluttershy was interrupted as Junior quickly cupped her mouth. He quickly led the girl away from the area.

"Eek! I thought I heard a mouse!" cried a girl in alarm.

Meanwhile, Junior and Fluttershy were walking down the hall side by side. Fluttershy was fuming. Though her puffed cheek, pout and furrowed brows made this usually timid girl appear adorable.

"The nerve of them! If it wasn't for you, our school wouldn't have won that game!" said Fluttershy. She grunted in frustration. "Ooh! That just ticks me off!"

"Settle down, Shy. It's nothing I'm new to," said Junior nonchalantly. Fluttershy pouted as she sent him a glance.

"I didn't do it for the glory. Besides, Rainbow earned that praise. She did make a sweet shot. Heck, I don't even like attention like that," said Junior. Fluttershy softly smiled.

"Gojira, you're pretty cool, you know that?" asked Fluttershy. Junior's heart skipped a beat. He cleared his throat with a sheepish smile.

"Thanks. But really, I'm not sore about the game. Just that I'm only remembered for my face taking punishment," said Junior with a sigh.

"Oh! Goji, there's something important I've been meaning to ask," said Fluttershy.

"What's that?" asked Junior.

"Do you like kids?" asked Fluttershy, curiously. Junior stared blankly for a few moments. His face suddenly burst into a burning hot blush.

"Huh?!"

"What's wrong?" asked Fluttershy in confusion.

"Nothing! Uh... Well..." Junior wondered where the hell this question came from. But, the girl didn't seem to mean anything by it. He had to compose himself.

"I guess it depends on the kid. W-Why?" asked Junior.

"I was supposed to tell you before, but I haven't been able to since you were helping with the soccer game. Principal Celestia had set our club up to act as chaperones for an elementary school's field trip," said Fluttershy. Junior's brows rose up.

"Wow, that sounds like a serious job. Are we even qualified for that?" asked Junior.

"The Principal seems to think so. She said that it'd be good for the younger kids to see examples of fun and responsible high school students," said Fluttershy, cheerfully. Junior's stomach sank.

"Yeah, I doubt I'll make a good role model. Maybe I should stay behind," said Junior with a grimace.

"Oh, but Principal Celestia already had you excused from your classes for tomorrow," said Fluttershy in disappointment.

"She what?! Wait, tomorrow?!!" cried Junior. Fluttershy weakly smiled. And here Junior had hoped that he'd be able to return to his normal routine.






Later that day, Junior found himself with his classmates. They stood in the Principal's office. Celestia held a smile on her face, as Luna stood by her side with a neutral expression.

"Now to make sure you're refreshed, and to catch Mr. Takeshi up to speed, you'll all be helping an elementary school in the school district. Your job is to assist in looking after the students during the scheduled field trip," said Celestia.

"So, where exactly are we going?" asked Junior.

"You'll be going to the Canterlot Museum!," said Celestia.

"Ooh! Sounds fun!" said Mosura.

"Ugh. Great," said Junior in dismay.

"Don't like museums?" asked Sunset.

"I have some opinions and critiques," said Junior indifferently.

"Remember, you'll be representing Ponyville High. It is imperative that you all take your responsibility seriously. And please, be on your best behavior. That goes for you, Mr. Takeshi," said Luna, a stern look appearing on her face. Junior recoiled.

"Wha- Me?" asked Junior.

"Are we sure that Goji's qualified? I don't think he can handle it," said Rodan with a hum.

"Hey!" Junior sent him an annoyed look.

"G-Gojira... You have experience with kids, right?" asked Erika, a bit timid in her question as if afraid to set him off.

"What? Yeah, I can handle kids!" shrugged Junior.

"Eh... I don't know. You have a bit of a short fuse," said Rodan. Some of the girls nodded in agreement.

"I'm great with kids! Why's everyone coming at me?" asked Junior defensively. Fluttershy raised her hand.

"I'm sure that Goji can handle it. I've seen him babysit before." The girl interjected.

"Alright, how do you handle two kids fighting?" asked Luna.

"Well if it's two boys, I let them hash it out. Girls, they'll likely just give each other the silent treatment," said Junior bluntly. He was met with disapproving looks from the adults and girls, while Rodan snorted. Angirasu cleared his throat in discomfort.

"That's your idea? Let them go at it?" deadpanned Sunset.

"Obviously I separate them!" retorted Junior.

"Better, but still leaves something to be desired," said Twilight.

"Of for- What? Am I supposed to parent them now? I thought we were making sure they don't wander off to get kidnapped or something," said Junior.

"How about some words of wisdom? Something like it's not nice to fight?" suggested Erika.

"Or I can tell them that there's always gonna be people in this world that won't like them, so they have to suck it up," said Junior.

"Why are you so cynical?" asked Sunset, incredulous.

"He has a lot of baggage," said Rodan.

"Look, I can handle this. I may not be great academically. But I'll be damned if I can't babysit a couple of kids!" said Junior.

"That's something I'm also concerned about," interjected Luna. Junior looked at her in confusion.

"What do you mean?"

"Your use of obscene language. It's not appropriate for children," said Luna, crossing her arms.

"We don't even approve it here," said Celestia in disapproval.

"You do have a uh..." Erika cleared her throat.

"Limited vocabulary?" asked Sunset.

"Well I didn't wanna put it that way," said Erika in a small tone.

"Oh come on. I don't cuss that much." Junior leaned against a book shelf with a scoff. However, he caused the shelf to tilt to the side.

"Oh shit!" Junior exclaimed. He quickly held the shelf in place, but the jolt led to a porcelain horse statue to fall to the ground. The head having broken off.

"Oh fuck! Ah..." Junior winced as he knelt down and picked up the decorative piece. His friends winced and cringed, while Luna had a hard expression.

"I uh... I'm sorry. Maybe I can..." Junior sheepishly held out the pieces. Luna took them in annoyance, while Celestia just gave a soft smile.

"It's alright, dear," said Celestia.

"I think we should reconsider," whispered Luna.

"Wait. Hold on," Junior interjected. He sighed, scratching the back of his head.

"Look, I know that I don't have a great track record. You both know that better than anyone. I mean, how many times have I been sent to your office?" asked Junior.

"More than I would like," sighed Luna.

"At least 5 times a semester," said Rodan. Junior sent him a silencing glare.

"But, I can promise you that I'll be responsible. Just give me the chance to prove it," said Junior. Celestia smiled warmly. She glanced at Luna, who sighed in reluctance.

"Alright. We expect you to practice what you preach. You're all due to the Elementary School by 8 o'clock tomorrow," said Luna.

Soon, the Friendship Club made their way out of the Principal's office.

"I'm surprised, Goji," said Mosura.

"Why?" asked Junior.

"Because of how determined you are to go along this trip. You really want to prove yourself, huh?" asked Mosura.

"Nah, he's just trying impress Vice Principal Luna because he has the hots for her," said Rodan.

"I do not!" said Junior.

"It's not a surprise. Tons of guys have the hots for her," said Sunset with a shrug.

"Yeah but I think Goji gets himself sent to the Principal's office on purpose just to see her," said Rodan.

"Shaddup!" Junior barked.

"Hey, you know what we should do? We should get together and make sandwiches for the trip. We can head to the store and pick some stuff up," said Mosura.

"Whose place are we heading to?" asked Sunset.

"Goji's," said Rodan

"Mine?" asked Junior.

"Yeah, dude! Your mom's so nice!" Said Rodan.

"No, my mom's going to be working late. I don't want her coming home to a mess." Junior protested.

"What a good son," said Angirasu with a smile.

"How about my place?" suggested Twilight.

"Oh. Are you sure it won't be any trouble?" asked Fluttershy.

"No, it'll be fine! Come on! We're wasting time!" said Twilight.

"Someone's chipper." Sunset smiled.


Later...

The Friendship Club stood slack jawed and wide eyed. They stood before a large 2 story house.

"Wow," said Mosura.

"This place is your home?" asked Sunset in shock.

"Swanky," said Angirasu in awe. Twilight led the group passed the driveway, where a sleek car was parked. It looked rather expensive, and almost appeared like it came out of a sci-fi film. What with its build, the sleek and chrome design, and the narrow slit head lights.

"Look at this ride! Bitchin!" said Rodan with a grin.

"My father received it as a gift from a friend. That vehicle isn't even on the market yet," said Twilight as she led everyone to the front door. She then opened it, revealing the main foyer of the house. Marble made up the floor, as a chandelier of lights hung above.

"Wow..." the teens looked around in awe and fascination.

"Huh. So you're a rich brat," said Junior. Twilight stiffened. She grimaced.

"W-Well, you can say that we're uh... well off," said Twilight, timid. Sunset took notice of the sad look on her face. She suddenly punched Junior's arm.

"Ow! What?" whispered Junior.

"Don't be a jerk!" hissed Sunset.

"I-it's fine! I'm sure that it might be a shock to- What I mean is, I hope that this doesn't change anything!" Twilight frantically spoke.

"Twilight, it's a lovely home. Gojira was just joking around, right?" Asked Sunset, glaring at the boy.

"Yes, obviously," said Junior with an annoyed look.

"Twilight! Sweetie, are you home?" A feminine voice called. Rodan gasped as the sound of the voice tickled his ears.

"You behave yourself," said Junior with a warning glare. Rodan pouted.

"I know," grumbled Rodan.

"Yeah, I'm home!" called Twilight as she gathered her composure. She nodded to the group and led the way, where they lugged grocery bags. They made their way to a large kitchen. There were several drawers, filled with many utensils. There were cabinets, a large refrigerator with a built in ice and water dispenser. Counters, an oven, and microwave were present, though they were quite large compared to what they were used to seeing.

Sitting at the 'island' counter in the center of the kitchen was an older woman. She was the spitting image of Twilight Sparkle, though her hair was down, and a white color with violet highlights. Like Twilight, she was a petite lady.

"So are these your friends?" asked the woman.

"Yeah, and they're in my club. You remember Fluttershy. This is Sunset Shimmer, Erika, Mosura, Angirasu, Rodan and Gojira," said Twilight, eagerly introducing each member of the club.

"Thank you for having us," said Mosura.

"Sorry for the intrusion, Ma'am," said Junior.

"Not at all. And please, call me 'Velvet'."

"We're gonna borrow the kitchen a bit, mother. We have to get lunch ready for tomorrow," said Twilight

"Oh sure! I won't get in your way," said Velvet as she stood and left the kitchen.

"Alright, let's get started!" said Twilight.

The teens began to unpack the groceries. They had long loaves of sub bread, along with packets of lettuce, tomatoes, and other vegetables. They also unpacked turkey breast, ham, and cheese. They began to assemble their sandwiches according to their personal desires. Or even some that they think the kids they'd be escorting would enjoy.

"Jesus, Goji. How much meat can one guy need?" asked Rodan, eyeing the layered meats on the sliced loaves for Junior's sandwich.

"What? How do you think I maintain my size?" asked Junior.

"Goji, don't forget your vegetables," said Fluttershy.

"I know," said Junior as he began to take sliced tomatoes.

"Are you able to eat that much?" asked Erika incredulously.

"Sure. I'm also thinking long term. One half's gonna get me through at least half the day," said Junior.

"Are you a nuclear reactor? You think your body is gonna burn through that much food that fast?" asked Sunset.

"I do burn through nutrition fast," said Junior flatly.

"Oh." Sunset responded in surprise.

"Hmm. Maybe that's why you're usually grumpy. You're always hungry," said Angirasu with a chuckle.

"Probably." Junior began to place mustard on his sandwiches, before wrapping them in foil.

"Hey Goji, which chips do you want?" asked Rodan.

"Uh... lemme get the Doritos. Cool Ranch," said Junior as he began to write his initials on his sandwiches.

"Hey, Spike!" Twilight suddenly called out. The rest of the teens turned and found a young boy to be entering the room. He had green eyes, and hair that stood up in a mohawk-like fashion. He wore a mulberry hoodie.

"Hi Spike!" greeted Fluttershy sweetly.

"Hey Fluttershy," greeted the boy.

"Is that your little brother?" asked Sunset. Twilight nodded.

"Oh my gosh! He's just too cute! I love his hair!" said Mosura, grinning from ear to ear. Spike looked away, his face visibly growing red.

"Um... Hey, is Rarity here too?" asked Spike, looking around.

"No, it's just me and the club. Why don't you help us make lunch for tomorrow?" suggested Twilight.

"I already made my lunch. I think I'll just head to bed," said Spike, before turning to leave.

"O-Oh. OK, goodnight~!" called Twilight. Angirasu raised a brow.

"Rarity?"

"Oh. He just has a crush on her. He asks me to keep it a secret but it's so obvious," whispered Twilight, giggling.

"Nothing wrong with liking older women. Ain't that right, Goji?" Rodan smirked. Junior exhaled through his nostrils.

"Hey Rodan, would you like to die in a house as nice as this?" Junior asked in a cheerful tone.

"Hell ye- Ooh. Never mind," Rodan coughed. Fluttershy sighed.

"Oh, Goji."


It was early morning. The Friendship Club found themselves standing outside in the front of an elementary school. A horde of students were lined outside, awaiting the bus to arrive. The Friendship Club stood before a few staff members.

"Be sure to keep those vests on as to make it easy for the children to follow you," said a middle aged man, sporting a pair of thick glasses.

"Will do," said Twilight.

"Alright, students! Meet up in groups of six! Then you will be assigned an escort from either our staff or volunteers," said the middle aged man. The kids began to scramble and buddy up for today's trip. Junior sighed.

"This brings back memories," said Junior.

"Yeah. Buddying up with your close friends. Goofing off during a trip. Good times," said Erika, nostalgically.

"Oh no. I meant being the odd one out because you aren't friends with anyone. Then getting forced into a group that pays you no mind," said Junior with a nonchalant tone.

"God, I feel like tearing up," said Sunset with a grimace.

"It's kinda sad being you, huh?" asked Mosura. Junior's brow twitched.

"You think maybe you can phrase that a little differently?" deadpanned Junior. Mosura gave a sympathetic smile and began to gently rub his shoulder.

"Goji, you must be so lonely."

"That's not any better!" Junior cried.

The elementary students continued to flock together in their desired groups. Usually cliques or well-known friends comprised of these groups.

Spike was in the process of looking for those to buddy up with. But, he found that already as most of the students had already grouped up. Little room had been left for him to join any. He sighed in dismay.

"Hey, Spike!" cried a young feminine voice. The boy turned to find a grinning Sweetie Belle to be running over to him. She grabbed the boy's wrist and eagerly hauled him away.

"Come join our group!" said Sweetie Belle.

"O-OK!" said Spike, stumbling over himself. He found himself brought over to Applebloom and Scootaloo. The girls met him with friendly smiles.

"Spike!" a familiar voice called. Spike cringed as he slowly turned. He found Twilight to be waving to him from the sidelines with a grin. Spike weakly waved back.

Meanwhile, Junior sighed with a bored look.

"This was always one of the worse things about field trips," said Junior.

"What's THE worse thing about a field trip, in your opinion?" asked Angirasu.

"Being paired with the kid you hate," said Junior.

"But these are just kids. I don't think they're capable of disliking someone that much," said Erika. Junior snorted, amused by the girl's naivety.

"Ah... You'd be surprised," said Junior.

"Alright, has everyone grouped up? Oh boy," said the staff member. He found two girls to be standing separated from the rest of the students. One girl stood with pale violet hair, with white highlights. It was wavy, glistening in the morning sun. A tiara shaped hair clip was present. She sported a light magenta sweater, and a light pink skirt. She had a brat-like aura to her, as she stood with her arms crossed over her chest.

A second girl stood beside her. She sported a pair of cyan thick rimmed glasses. Her hair was grey, with lighter highlights running through her hair, which ended in a braided ponytail. She wore a button up long sleeved shirt, with a grey plated skirt.

"Diamond Tiara, Silver Spoon, have you found a group?" asked the staff member.

"Um... We were actually thinking that us as a pair was good enough," said the one called, Diamond Tiara. 'Silver Spoon', pushed her glasses up higher to the bridge of her nose with a smug look.

"Well, we can't have that. We have to work with a system that keeps everyone accounted for. Now let's see. Is there a group that needs more members?" called the staff member. He was met with silence from the other students.

"Oh! How about this group here?" suggested the staff member, gesturing to Applebloom, Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, and Spike. The children cringed or had looks of dismay. Diamond Tiara's expression soured.

"Ah ha. Yeah, I don't think-"

"Good! Stick with your group and we'll set you up with your escorts!" said the staff member, before wandering off. The children all looked to each other with displeased looks. Diamond Tiara huffed, sticking her nose up snobbishly, followed by Silver Spoon.

"Yeesh. I can already tell that one's gonna be a pain. I feel sorry for the poor sucker who has to escort them," said Junior with a smirk.


Junior found himself riding in a bus with a scowl. He was sitting beside Spike, while Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo and Applebloom sat in nearby seats. Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon sat beside each other in front, both conversing. Their bus was just one in a small fleet of them, carrying more students and the rest of the escorts. The Friendship Club being among them. Aside from Junior, there was Fluttershy, Twilight and Rodan.

"Should've kept my mouth shut," said Junior with a sigh. Somehow, he ended up being the one to escort this particular group. If there was a God, then he must have gotten kicks at putting Junior in a bad mood.

"Uh... I was kinda worried," said Spike with an awkward chuckle.

"Hm?" Junior glanced at him.

"W-What I mean is... It's kinda awkward to be the only guy in a group. So I'm glad that another guy is here," said Spike with a forced chuckle. Junior softly chuckled.

"Yeah, I can understand that," said Junior. He then glanced to the side, finding Sweetie Belle and Applebloom conversing with Scootaloo behind their seat. He wasn't expecting to run into those three again. If he was in charge of the siblings of Rarity and Applejack, then Junior definitely couldn't afford to be negligent.

"Ugh. You have no idea how embarrassing this is," said Spike with a grimace.

"It's not so bad. I mean, as long as you don't embarrass yourself in front of them," said Junior.

"No, not that. I meant having Twilight here," said Spike, glancing further down the bus, finding the girl to be conversing with one of the younger students that she was in charge of.

"I hope she doesn't bug me," said Spike.

"You don't really get along with her?" asked Junior in surprise. From what he saw, Twilight seemed like a decent older sister. He never really saw her do anything that would upset the little boy.

"Well it's... You know that feeling you get when your mom shows up to your school unexpectedly? And she might do or say something that seems uncool in front of your friends? It's kinda like that," said Spike.

"Ah. I see what you mean," said Junior with a nod. He suddenly took notice of Applebloom and Sweetie Belle arguing.

"Hey, Gojira!" called Applebloom. Junior stiffened, not expecting the sudden call.

"Y-Yeah?"

"Can you settle something?" asked Applebloom.

"Uh... Sure. What's up?" asked Junior.

"Are you datin' Sweetie's sister, Rarity?" asked Applebloom.

"What?!" Spike exclaimed.

"Wait, what was that?" called Twilight, incredulous. Fluttershy grunted, wide eyed.

"My man!" Rodan grinned.

"Well? Is it true?" asked Sweetie Belle.

"N-No, of course not. What would give you that idea?" asked Junior with a nervous chuckle. He noticed Spike to be scowling.

"Told ya. He's obviously datin' my sister," said Applebloom.

"Dude!" exclaimed Rodan. Twilight gasped in surprise, while Fluttershy whimpered.

"No, I'm not dating anyone's sister! I'm not in the market!" said Junior, blushing furiously. Even the kids were giving him a hard time about relationships. Where were these kids even getting these ideas?

"Ah," Rodan groaned in annoyance.

"Oh. I just thought that because my sister invited you over to our house that one time and you went upstairs with her," said Sweetie Belle, awkwardly playing with her hair. Applebloom nodded in agreement. Spike grunted, his eye beginning to twitch. Junior noticed this, and recalled what Twilight had said.

"No, I was just helping Rarity out with an outfit since she was kind enough to help me out with something. It's not what you think. And Applejack just asked me to help her on the farm because of your brother's injury. You know that," said Junior. Applebloom shrugged.

"Ugh. I can tell this is going to be a long day," said Junior, slumping in his seat.

Eventually, the buses arrived at their destination. The students disembarked, where they regrouped and formed up with their respective escorts. But, they noticed a group of protestors to be standing outside the Museum, chanting.

"What's going on?" asked Sweetie Belle.

"Picketers," said Junior. From the crowd, a woman came pushing through the protestors.

"Oh! You must be the school that's due for a trip here. Apologies for this. It seems that uh... some employees have some grievances. But we are still running," said the woman with a titter.

"Must be anti-union. Even the people who work here don't wanna be here. That's how lousy museums are," said Junior.

"Unfortunately, a few exhibits at our museum are closed. The protest has admittedly set us back a bit. But we'll be sure to make sure that this trip will be fun for your students!" said the woman.

"Ugh. Why'd we have to take a trip to the stupid museum? It's so boring," said Diamond Tiara with a scoff.

"Hm. Well, I can't say that I'm fond of them myself," said Junior.

"How come?" asked Sweetie Belle.

"Ugh. It's like when people buy art to launder money. Except these days modern art is atrocious postmodern nonsense that idiots are tricked into staring at for an hour. At least museums have something worth stealing," said Junior.

"Wait, I'm confused. Do you hate museums or like them?" asked Spike oddly.

"Eh I just think there's a lot of shadiness with them," said Junior.

"Yeesh. I can tell this guy's gonna be a blast," whispered Scootaloo sarcastically.

"Hey, I can be fun. Just don't talk about Museums," said Junior.

"But we're going inside of one as we speak," said Diamond Tiara. Junior raised his head up, finding the groups to be making their way into the entrance of the Museum.

"That we are," said Junior.

"OK! Everyone stay with your group and escort! You don't want to be a 'Missing Marvin' or a 'Walk Away Wendy'." The school staff member called to the students.

"Oh Lord," said Junior with a sigh and roll of his eyes. The groups passed by many exhibits, depicting paintings of land.

"You think they have dinosaur bones here?" asked Scootaloo.

"Well, this is a metropolitan museum. I say the odds are good," said Junior.

"Do you have a favorite dinosaur?" asked Scootaloo.

"A T-Rex I guess," said Junior. Scootaloo grinned.

"Nice. You got good taste," said Scootaloo.

"Bleh. Who wants to see old dusty bones?" asked Diamond Tiara.

"Heh. They don't even actually display the bones. They're like lead castes or something that they set up," said Junior with a smirk.

"Wait, you mean the bones aren't even real?!" cried Scootaloo.

"Bummer, huh?" asked Junior.

"You're so knowledgeable," said Silver Spoon, batting her eyelashes. Junior cocked a brow at her.

"Not really."

The students began to explore the museum and its many different exhibits. The exhibits ranged from early Equestria, or ancient history, to foreign cultures like the Egyptian display where Junior and his group were observing some old artifacts that were kept in. The artifacts were mainly vases with decorative marks and images on them.

"Hm. I wonder whose tomb they desecrated to get this stuff," said Junior.

"Huh?" asked Sweetie Belle.

"Oh yeah. Museums are basically like banks for stolen artifacts from conquered foreign countries. As if that's not bad enough, they dig up some poor dead guy's remains and put him on display," said Junior, gesturing to a mummy that was displayed in an exhibit.

"I sure hope there isn't an afterlife. Cause I wouldn't want to know that my body was dug up and put on display for the world to gawk at like some kind of freakin' toy," said Junior with a sigh.

"Gojira." Sunset called with a stern look.

"What? I'm just saying," said Junior with a shrug. The girl narrowed her eyes.

"Watch the mouth," said Sunset.

"What did I say?" asked Junior with a shrug. Sunset said nothing and returned her attention to her group. Junior sighed.

"I think I understand." Silver Spoon suddenly spoke up, drawing Junior's attention.

"You have grievances with museums because of some unethical acquisitions of artifacts and practices," said Silver Spoon.

"Huh?" asked Spike.

"Yeah, that about sums it up," said Junior. He then pointed to the displays.

"I mean, how would you like it if someone came to raid historical or even sacred places in your land and to take some items to be put in a glass box on display while revising or missing the historical significance?" asked Junior, as him and the group followed the others through the museum.

"Then why don't the people in those places put them in their own museum?" asked Scootaloo in confusion.

"My daddy says that some countries end up losing or destroying their own artifacts. So the museums here pretty much keep history preserve. He's even donated an item to a Museum in Prance." said Diamond Tiara with a smirk.

"Yeah, well your daddy probably profits off Museums and launders money into it. So he would say that," retorted Junior. Diamond Tiara gasped in offense.

"Hey!" The other girls snickered. The groups made their way to an area, where Nordic artifacts were displayed. From shields, weapons, clothing, and wax statues, set on frosty and forest backgrounds.

"Vikings! Sweet!" said Scootaloo.

"Remember kids! Looking is the new touching!" said the middle aged school staff member. Junior groaned.

"Good Lord. And I thought my field trips sucked," said Junior.

"You don't like field trips?" asked Sweetie Belle, wide eyed.

"No way. We always go to lousy museums like this. One time we went to the zoo. Rodan and I just snuck off with this other kid and we smoked next to the Zebras," said Junior. The kids looked at each other oddly, save for Silver Spoon. She instead appeared dazzled. Applebloom leaned close to Junior and began to sniff his hoodie.

"You don't smell like you smoke," said Applebloom.

"Well we one third smoked. My math might be off but the kid smoked. Rodan and I didn't," said Junior. He cleared his throat awkwardly as the children just stared at him.

"I don't know why I implied that I smoked. I guess I was just trying to sound cool," said Junior, before looking off to the side. Silver Spoon sighed dreamily.

"You're such a rebel," said Silver Spoon. Diamond Tiara craned her neck back to her and cocked a brow.

"What?" whispered the girl.

"Aw. You didn't like seeing the animals?" asked Fluttershy in disappointment.

"It was a pretty crappy zoo. Trash was everywhere. The exhibits for the more interesting animals were either empty or you couldn't see where they were hiding," said Junior.

"Language, Gojira," said Twilight. Junior furrowed his brows.

"Oh, come on. Crap isn't that bad of a word," said Junior.

"It's the gateway, Gojira," said Twilight as the groups continued on. Junior snorted.

"Gateway. You act like I'm abusing drugs," said Junior to himself.

"See? Told ya," said Spike with a sigh.

"Mmhm. With the way they're talking to me, I might as well be your age," said Junior.

"Ugh. This is so boring," said Diamond Tiara. "I mean like, can't they make museums more fun and interactive?"

"Since when is learning supposed to be fun?" asked Sweetie Belle. Spike gasped.

"Shh! Don't let Twilight hear you say that!" whispered Spike. Junior snorted.

"She would think that."

Later, it was noon. The students were on a lunch break. They all sat at a cafeteria, where they ate the meals that they had packed. Junior sighed as he began to unpack one of his sandwiches.

"Finally. I'm starved," said Junior.

"Whoa! That's a big sandwich!" exclaimed Spike in shock.

"Dude, there's no way that you can finish that!" said Scootaloo with a laugh.

"I bet you can't," scoffed Diamond Tiara.

"I bet I can," Junior smirked. He began to take a bite, greeted with an explosion of flavor. His saliva began to soak into the bite he had taken. Diamond Tiara cringed while Sweetie Belle and Applebloom grimaced.

"Gojira, you're gonna get a stomach ache," said Applebloom.

"Ugh. Pig," spat Diamond Tiara.

"Mm. Quit starin' and eat," said Junior, in between bites.

Meanwhile, the rest of his friends just watched warily.

"So how do you think he's doing?" whispered Sunset.

"Well, he hasn't cursed up a storm. That's good," said Erika.

"Yeah, I say he's doing better than I thought," said Mosura in agreement.

"Though I can't say I'm fond in some of his comments," said Twilight.

"No way! You're like half way done and still eating?!" exclaimed Spike in shock.

"He really is like a giant! He can eat anything!" said Scootaloo.

"Don't say that!" hissed Sweetie Belle.

"Hey Mr. Giant, shouldn't you be in your castle in the clouds?" said Diamond Tiara mockingly.

"Yeesh. Is that kid trying to bully Goji? How embarrassing," said Rodan with a chuckle.

"I hate that story," said Junior.

"You hate Jack and the Bean Stalk?" asked Twilight oddly.

"Oh yeah, it's a terrible story. It's about some scumbag breaking into a giant's home, stealing his goose and gold, and then murdering him in the end. And somehow, the giant was the bad guy," said Junior with an annoyed look. Silver Spoon gasped.

"I never even thought of that," said Silver Spoon.

"Speaking of which, Rodan. What do you think of that theory that the Smithsonian hid the fossils of giants?" asked Junior.

"I can see it," said Rodan with a shrug.

"Ugh. Guys, don't start that here," said Sunset in dismay.

"You mean real giants?" asked Scootaloo with large eyes full of wonder.

"Yeah. Some think that they may have been ancient Transmutants. If not, then there may have been a race of giant people," said Junior. Sunset rolled her eyes. Meanwhile, Fluttershy smile in endearment as the kids payed attention to the boy's words. It seemed they were interested in what he had to say.

"If it's true that the Smithsonian did indeed cover up the fossils of giant homo sapiens, then why would they do it?" asked Twilight with a bemused look.

"Oh come on, Twi. We all know deep down why. It's why Jack did what he did," said Junior.

"Why?"

"Because they hated tall people," said Junior, tongue in cheek. The kids giggled in amusement, as did the teens. However, Twilight bore a flat look.

"I don't think that's the reason. Assuming this is all true," said Twilight.

"Sure it is! Why are giants always demonized? Why do short people feel the need to compensate? You know how many short guys used to have beef with me? Rarely did they actually physically confront me. They're very cowardly," said Junior with a shrug. "That's why I don't trust a lot of short people."

"I didn't take you for a height supremacist," said Sunset, jokingly.

"Why not? Apparently short people have been trying to kill the tall for centuries," said Junior.

"But Twilight is short," said Rodan. Twilight glared at him.

"That doesn't count. She's a girl. It was always guys," said Junior.

"Wait, then why do you always put me down for my height?!" asked Twilight. Junior merely flashed the girl a smirk.

"Because I get a kick out of seeing you react," said Junior. Twilight's brow twitched as she growled. Her cheeks grew red from becoming flustered. Spike was snickering.

"Spike!" whined Twilight.

"What? He's funny," chuckled Spike.

"I try," said Junior. Twilight groaned in dismay.

"Yeah, he says some nutty stuff," said Scootaloo.

"Nutty in a charming way!" Sweetie Belle interjected with a titter. Applebloom nodded in agreement.

"I seen ya workin' on our farm too. AJ says you got a good work ethic," said Applebloom.

"Charming? Good work ethic? Aw, you flatter me," said Junior, looking away sheepishly.

"That's not what I would call you," said Diamond Tiara with a displeased look.

"I would," said Silver Spoon with a blushing grin. Diamond Tiara scoffed in disgust. Junior cleared his throat with a look of discomfort. He leaned close to Rodan.

"Hey uh... Is it me or is that kid crushing on me?" whispered Junior.

"Goji, I know you're craving female companionship. But I gotta draw the line here," replied Rodan. Junior glared.

"Sick! Shut up, you di-"! Junior yelled, but his words faltered as he noticed the stares of his friends and the children. The glares from the girls pierced his soul.

"-You di-disappointment!" said Junior, turning his glare back onto Rodan, who flinched.

"Wow. That's hurtful," said Rodan with a frown. Sunset sighed heavily.

"I sure hope the rest of the day goes well," said Sunset.


Lunch was over. The field trip resumed as the groups continued to venture through the museum, looking through the exhibits. So far, the only available exhibits were quite lackluster compared to the earlier ones, mainly being simple displays with minimum décor.

Diamond Tiara sighed in exasperation, as her group looked upon one of the displays. A light scowl was on her face. Just being here placed her in a foul mood. She was stuck in a boorish museum with a couple of losers from her class and a juvenile delinquent for a chaperone. She’d much rather be stuck in a boring classroom doing work. She groaned in disgust, as she found Silver Spoon making lovey dovey eyes at the older boy.

'Ugh. What does she see in that creep?' thought Diamond Tiara. She then took notice of a sign, pointing to another corridor. The sign read: "Middle Ages Exhibit. INTERACTIVE FUN!"

"Hmm..." Diamond Tiara hummed with interest. But, her stomach sank once she noticed the 'Closed' sign to have closed off the corridor to the exhibit.

"Oh..." The girl's expression soured. Her eyes began to wander, finding that the adults were distracted by supervising their own groups or admiring the exhibits. She turned to find her chaperone to be distracted too, looking at his phone. Diamond Tiara smirked. She leaned close to Silver Spoon.

"Psst. Let's ditch the bore-fest and head somewhere more fun," said Diamond Tiara, pointing to the corridor. Silver Spoon bore a reluctant look.

"But what if-" Silver Spoon received a look from her friend.

"Come on, let's go!" whispered Diamond, taking off to the corridor. She slipped passed the closed sign. Silver Spoon glanced back at the rest of her group, who were distracted. With a bite of her lip, she proceeded to follow her friend to the closed off exhibit.

Junior sighed tiredly as he set his phone back into his pocket. He began to turn to the kids that he was escorting.

"Well, at least this beats sitting in class all day, huh?" asked Junior.

"You said it." Spike nodded in agreement.

"OK! Head count everyone!" said the head teacher.

"OK, looks like everyone's here," said Fluttershy, after accounting for the children that she was in charge of. Junior sighed.

"Alright. Spike. Applebloom, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo..." Junior began to count off the children around him.

"OK, rich brats." Junior turned to point. But, he noticed that Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon were not where he thought they were. He began to look around, his heart rate steadily increasing.

"Oh crap. Oh, crap! Crap! Crap!" said Junior, his eyes wide in alarm.

"Goji, are we good on the head count?" called Sunset. Junior gasped. He faced the girl with a nervous smile.

"Oh yeah! Totally!" said Junior.

Sunset seemed to have bought it. She and the rest began to move on through the museum. Junior groaned in dread, clutching his head.

"Oh my God. I am so fucked!" said Junior. He heard the kids around him gasp in unison. He didn't even care that they heard his foul language. Right now, his ass was on the line.

"Where are they?! Where are they?!" Junior began to frantically search the area. The kids began to grimace, as they found that the others were growing farther away. Spike rushed over to Junior.

"It's alright. We'll help you find them," said Spike.

"Yeah, It'll be alright, Gojira! We're in this together!" said Scootaloo in reassurance. Junior groaned as he smacked his forehead.

"Stupid! How can I have screwed up this bad?!" groaned Junior. He shook his head before standing up to his full height. The kids recoiled from the sudden action.

"Alright, enough of that!" Junior took a deep breath. He couldn't afford to lament over a screw up. Like he was told, he had to be an example to the younger kids. He couldn't show weakness to them. He had to be responsible and solve this problem. And telling everyone about this was out of the question.

"OK, we uh... We gotta find them. They couldn't have gone far, right?" asked Junior. He groaned as he rubbed at his temple, pondering just where those brats could have wandered off to.

"Think. Think. Think. Your ass is on the line, Junior. You can't let 'daddy's little princess' to do this to you," said Junior to himself. Applebloom hummed as she glanced around. She noticed the corridor, where the Middle Ages Interactive Exhibit was. She suddenly snapped her fingers, as the lightbulb in her head flicked on to life.

"Princess! Gojira, you're a genius!" cried Applebloom. Junior looked at her in confusion.

"Huh?"

"I think I know where they ran off to! C'mon!" Applebloom grabbed his wrist and began to point to the corridor. Junior furrowed his brows.

"Oh, they are so dead," said Junior with a growl.

"I'd hate to be them right now," muttered Sweetiebelle.

"We better hurry. It's only a matter of time before anyone notices that we're missing!" said Spike.

"I got a couple excuses already thought up," said Scootaloo.

The five began to enter the exhibit. They were greeted with the sight of a great room, filled with elaborate decorations. The ground was decorated to be like brick roads. There were some displays near the main entrance, where suits of armor stood, along with the weapons that went with them. The entire room was decorated to look like a medieval town square.

"Well, this place ain't boring," said Applebloom, admiring the area.

"Oh hey! Check this out!"

Scootaloo began to rush to an area, where the gallows lied. There stood mannequins, with nooses wrapped along their necks. Scootaloo pulled on a lever that was near the base of the gallows. From a nearby speaker, there was the sound of an ominous bell tolling. In just moments later, the mannequins dropped through trapdoors. They hung from the nooses, as the bells continued to toll.

"Well, I'm scarred for life," said Spike flatly.

"Come on, we gotta find the brats," said Junior, anxiously.

The group continued to search the rest of the exhibit. They passed other interactive segments. From switches that caused simple animatronics to perform an action. Whether it was a masked executioner that decapitated a victim with a bloody axe, or a miniature castle set enclosed in a glass box, where a parade of knights ran along the streets on a small rail.

There were also some other interactive games that seemed to be good fun for the kids and family. Junior groaned in exasperation, as they spent a few minutes searching.

"God, where can they be? Celestia and Luna will have my ass if they find out about this!" said Junior, in dread. He then noticed the remaining children were staring at him.

"And now I'm breaking my promise to watch my mouth around kids! Fantastic!" said Junior.

"I won't tell if you won't," said Spike, shrugging.

"Oh, yeah. It's not like we've never heard cuss words before. We're not babies," said Scootaloo with a scoff.

"Don't mean that it ain't uncouth. Granny would have a fit if me or my siblings were to curse around her," said Applebloom.

"Rarity says that cursing is a sign of someone with 'unrefined' vocabulary." Sweetie Belle interjected.

"Yeah, and she's right. It's also a bit of a bad habit for me. I cuss so much these days that I don't even think about it anymore," said Junior in dismay. He grunted as he stepped to a wall, bumping his forehead against it. The boy groaned in dismay.

"Maybe this whole thing was a terrible idea. They were right. I was way in over my head by agreeing to this. I was an idiot to think that I could be a good influence on kids," said Junior, rubbing his brows. Sweetie Belle gave the teen a sympathetic smile.

"Don't feel bad, Gojira. I think we learned a few things from you," said Sweetie Belle.

"Yeah. Like how to lose track of kids that you're supposed to look after," said Junior flatly. Sweetie shook her head.

"No, not that! You showed us that even older kids have it rough. I used to think that you guys were so free. But now I see that you guys worry and that you have to be responsible," said Sweetie.

"Yeah, me too! I guess you guys are under more pressure than kids at our age," said Scootaloo, scratching her head. Junior sighed, lightly smiling.

"Pretty much. We're much closer to adulthood, so we have to be ready for what the real world has to offer. If anything, you guys are the freer ones. Even if you don't have the same privileges of a teenager," said Junior.

"Huh. I never thought of it like that," said Applebloom, thoughtful.

There was the sudden ring of a cell phone. Junior stiffened, having gone pale. He shakily drew out his phone, finding that Sunset Shimmer was calling him. He gave a nervous laugh.

"I'm dead," said Junior.

"Just stay calm and answer it!" said Spike. Junior nodded as he took his phone and answered. He held the phone to his ear with a gulp.

"Hello?" Junior spoke as calmly as he possibly could.

"Gojira Takeshi, you better have a good explanation as to why you and your group is missing!" Sunset barked over the other line. Junior recoiled from the loud tone.

"I-I do. We uh..." Junior gulped. He looked to the children for excuses.

"Bathroom!" whispered Scootaloo.

"W-We just went on a bathroom break. Yeah, poor Spike's stomach is upset right now. He might be awhile," said Junior. Spike grunted in annoyance, blushing.

"Bathroom? Well, why didn't you tell anyone?" asked Sunset, confused.

"Ah. There wasn't enough time. Spike was gonna be in a heap of trouble if we had wasted any time," said Junior. He noticed that Scootaloo was giving him a thumbs up. Sweetie Belle was patting Spike's shoulder with a comforting smile.

"Well, as long as it's just that. I'll come by and meet you by the bathroom," said Sunset.

"No!" Junior exclaimed. He mentally scolded himself at his strong reaction. Judging by the faces of the kids, it must have been bad.

"I mean, that's OK. We'll catch up. I'll keep you and the others posted," said Junior.

"OK, I guess. Talk to me soon," said Sunset, her tone teetering on worry.

"Sure. Bye."

Junior hung up. He gave a long, heavy sigh as he held his chest. His racing heart began to settle.

"That could've gone worse," said Junior, before placing his phone back into his pocket.

"I never agreed to being a part of such an embarrassing excuse," deadpanned Spike.

"Come on, Spike. Be a trooper," said Scootaloo, nudging the boy. Junior suddenly knelt down and placed his hands firmly on the boy's shoulders.

"Spike, if you go along with this, then I will owe you my life," said Junior. Spike met him with a stern look.

"Alright. Then stay away from Rarity," said Spike.

"I'm not even seeing her," replied Junior flatly.

"Alright, then we're good," said Spike. Junior sighed.

"What's with you and Rarity?"

"What do you mean? She's perfect! She's so refined and elegant!" said Spike, dreamily. Junior grimaced, as Sweetie Belle rolled her eyes.

"You should see her on her bad days..." Sweetie Belle muttered to herself.

"Yeah, but she's like too old for you. Wouldn't you rather talk to a girl that's your own age?" asked Junior, raising a brow.

"What? You don't think I have a chance?" asked Spike, appearing annoyed.

"Do you want an honest answer?" asked Junior. Spike grunted in annoyance, looking away.

"I'm sorry, that might have been too blunt. What I meant was... Maybe she's not the right girl for you," said Junior.

"Then who is the right girl?" asked Spike, annoyed.

"I-I don't know. I'm not mister romantic." Junior shrugged. He shook his head. This topic was not getting him anywhere.

"Look, just forget it. We need to find-" Junior trailed off as he took notice of Silver Spoon to be sneaking around further into the exhibit. She made her way over to an area that was structured like a castle's front gates.

"Target sighted," said Junior, narrowing his eyes. He began to motion for the kids to follow him. They stalked after Silver Spoon, who had entered the castle.

The castle interior looked to have had a lot of effort put into it. While it was much smaller compared to a real castle, the interior had an authentic aesthetic. From foam bricks that were sculpted and painted to appear like real stone. There were interactive puzzle games that filled the castle.

Silver Spoon had made her way to the end of the castle. She approached a throne, where Diamond Tiara sat. Diamond was wielding a plastic scepter, wearing her jacket over her shoulders like it was a cape. Silver Spoon knelt down and held up a water bottle.

"Your drink, your Majesty," said Silver Spoon. Diamond Tiara took the water bottle and began to drink. She spat the water out, looking at it in disgust.

"Luke warm!" said Diamond Tiara. Silver Spoon frowned.

"Diamond, is it my turn yet?" asked Silver Spoon. Diamond Tiara hummed as she tapped the scepter on her lap. A thoughtful look was on her face.

"Mm... Nope!" said Diamond Tiara.

"Oh come on! Let me be the princess at least for a minute," said Silver Spoon. Diamond met her with a glare.

"Hey! No lip, handmaiden! Or else you'll face the gallows!" said Diamond Tiara, pointing her scepter at her friend. Silver Spoon sighed, growing annoyed. She thought that sneaking off to here would be fun. But so far, it's been anything but.

"Princess? More like the evil queen!" said Junior. The two rich girls gasped, finding that their chaperone was standing before them. A stern look was on his face.

"Just what in the hell do you two think you're doing?" demanded Junior. Diamond Tiara scoffed.

"Mind your business, peasant! Silver Spoon and I are making up our own fun!" said Diamond. Silver Spoon rolled her eyes.

"Oh yeah, you two definitely looked like you were having fun," said Spike sarcastically.

"You snuck off! Do you realize how much trouble that we'll be in?" asked Junior.

"We? I think you mean, 'you'. You're the one who's supposed to be our chaperone," said Diamond snobbishly. Junior's expression hardened.

'God, what a fucking brat!' thought Junior. He took a calm breath and exhaled.

"Alright, both of you come on. We're leaving to rejoin the others," said Junior. Silver Spoon huffed as she walked over.

"Fine by me."

Junior turned to find Diamond Tiara to still be seated on the throne. Her arms were crossed, as her nose was raised high in a indignant manner. Junior narrowed his eyes.

"Diamond Tiara. Get over here." Junior pointed to the ground in front of him, much like a parent would.

"No!" said Diamond. Junior growled. He made his way over to the throne. His shadow was cast over the girl, causing her to stiffen. She slowly turned to meet his stern gaze.

"I'm not playing. Get your behind off of this throne, and march." Junior growled. Diamond Tiara narrowed her eyes at him. The two were deadlocked in a death stare contest. Meanwhile, the rest of the kids just stood by and watched.

"Hey Gojira," said Diamond.

"What?" asked Junior, annoyed.

"Have a drink!"

Diamond Tiara suddenly splashed water from her plastic bottle into Junior's face. The teen yelped as he stumbled back, rubbing his eyes. Diamond Tiara laughed as she hopped off of the throne and took off running.

"You little shit!" Junior snarled as he cleared his vision. He was about to give chase, but he tripped over his own feet in his haste. With a grunt, he crashed chest first to the hard ground.

"Don't let her get away!" shouted Junior. The kids attempted to lunge and make a grab for Diamond, but she was too quick.

"Too slow, losers!" laughed Diamond Tiara, before she fled from the castle.

"After her!"

Junior made a mad dash after the child, while the rest followed on his chase. Diamond Tiara began to run passed knight armor displays, knocking them over in an attempt to stall Junior. But, he merely pushed passed them, causing them to collapse into separate pieces.

"GET BACK HERE!" Junior shouted.

"Oh, this isn't good," said Spike, stopping to look at the knight displays that lied in shambles.

Diamond Tiara was chased all around the Middle Ages Interactive Exhibit. She proved to be difficult to catch. She was quick on her turns, which Junior struggled to keep up with. Along the way, Diamond Tiara caused more displays to fall over. Junior made no effort to save them, as he was in a blind fury.

The rest of the kids scrambled to prevent the small displays from hitting the ground, destroying what artifacts that they held.

"If this keeps up, we'll be in trouble for sure!" said Sweetie Belle, struggling to hold up a display.

Meanwhile, Junior had followed Diamond Tiara to the gallows. He stalked towards her, as she found herself backed to a corner.

"Kid, you're really starting to get on my nerves," growled Junior. Diamond Tiara suddenly hurled the scepter that she held towards the lever below. The lever moved, resulting in the tolling of bells. The girl latched herself onto one of the mannequins and dropped down below with it. She hung just a few feet off of the ground. Diamond dropped to the ground and took off running, slipping under the rope divider that kept people from getting in too close. Junior groaned.

"Oh, no you don't!" said Junior, before leaping off of the gallows.

Junior chased Diamond Tiara out of the exhibit, and down to the hall of the museum. She rushed over to a corridor. The boy continued his chase, but found himself running towards a wet spot on the ground. He yelped as he slipped and slid across the ground. He slammed back first onto the ground with a groan. He was fuming as he staggered to his feet, nearly slipping again.

"THAT'S A GOOD WAY TO KILL SOMEBODY!" Junior shouted as he as hastily removed his hoodie and tossed it on the ground to soak up the water. He grumbled to himself, wincing from the pain in his back. If he wasn't a mutant, his injury could have been much more serious. Hell, he could even get away with pressing charges for damages to the parents. But, that may not go well since Diamond Tiara was his responsibility.

"Ooh, if she was my kid, she'd get such an ass whooping!" Junior growled through his teeth. After soaking up the water from the floor, he began to make his way to the corridor. He stopped, finding that this corridor had led into what appeared to be a gift shop. It was much like a small department store. There were many different products that seemed like good fun for kids to purchase. From small dinosaur figurines, dinosaur and space themed puzzles, books, plush toys, posters, T-shirts, and other items. Junior groaned in annoyance, as he began to search the store. No employees seemed to have been in. They must've been part of the picketers outside.

"You better come out! I mean it!" barked Junior. He had no response.

"Fine, keep hiding. I'll find you myself," said Junior as he began to search. There were a lot of aisles that were divided by shelves in the store. The perfect place for the child to navigate through. Junior began his search.

"I don't know why you're giving me a hard time. I'm just trying to do my job. But no, you wanted to act out like the spoiled little brat that you are," said Junior. He stopped in his place, his ears picking up a sound. His target was close.

"I bet your parents spoiled you rotten. Mommy and Daddy must think that giving their little girl everything that she wants is the same as loving her, right? It's shameful," said Junior. As he was about to move, ahead, he felt something hit him in the back of the head. A small children's book lied at his feet. He found Diamond Tiara standing behind him, holding a couple of more books in her hands. She was red in the face, glaring harshly at the teen.

"Shut your mouth, you stupid jerk!" shouted Diamond Tiara. Junior narrowed his eyes at the girl as he turned. Diamond Tiara lost her glare, growing uncomfortable under his stern gaze. She began to back away.

"H-Hey, you better stay back. If you touch me, I'll scream for help!" Diamond Tiara began to feel her legs grow weak, as her knees caved in against each other. Junior began to approach her, still keeping his stern gaze. Diamond Tiara whimpered, as she struggled to keep a brave face.

"P-Please! I'm sorry!" cried Diamond, as she dropped to her rear, shielding her face. Junior stood over her in silence, as she appeared to be on the verge of crying. Junior let out a long exhale.

"Come on, get up," said Junior, his tone more calm. Diamond Tiara opened her eyes, finding the boy to be holding his hand out to her. His expression more calm and soft compared to how it was just moments ago. Diamond Tiara seemed to inch away from his hand.

"On your feet. We have to get back unless you want us both to get into trouble," said Junior, growing impatient. The girl reluctantly took his hand and found herself pulled up to her feet. Junior began to step passed the dropped books, saying nothing. He didn't have to look back to know that she was following. Slowly but surely, her steps were trailing after him.

Junior had noticed the rage that the kid displayed. It was a look that he was familiar with from his own childhood. He should've expected that this girl could dish out insults, but can't take it. Not if you hit the specific buttons.






Soon, Junior had the children gathered with him. They said nothing as they made their way to join the rest of the student body. He found that his friends were standing around, expecting him.

"Finally. I was starting to get a little worried," said Sunset, in relief. Junior forced a smile.

"Ah come on. I told you I had it under control," said Junior.

"Yeah, well we had to stand around because we wanted to make sure that you'd find your way with the rest of the group. You have no idea the kind of fuss some of the teachers were beginning to put up," said Sunset with a sigh.

"Sorry about that," said Junior, some shame in his tone. Twilight suddenly came rushing by. She bent down a bit to meet Spike's eyes.

"Hey, Spike. I heard about you're bathroom troubles. I took the liberty of packing some Pedialyte before hand. I even packed an extra pair of pants and underwear in case something like this happened," said Twilight in a whisper. Though she was loud enough for the kids in the boy's group to hear what she had said. Spike was blushing furiously, as the girls giggled behind his back.

"S-Shut up, Twilight!" barked Spike, before storming off. Twilight had recoiled, appearing confused.

"What'd I say?" asked Twilight.

"Hey, Ms. Clueless. There's some things that a man has to keep to himself," deadpanned Junior. Twilight frowned.

"But I was just trying to help," said Twilight.







Later that afternoon, the field trip had ended. The children were back at their school, getting ready to return home. Meanwhile, the Friendship Club stood around, exhausted from the day.

"It might have been more fun if all of the exhibits were actually opened," said Mosura, disappointed.

"Ah, what can ya do?" Rodan shrugged.

"Hey, Spike. Wanna walk home together?" asked Twilight, making her way over to her kid brother. Spike however had a displeased look.

"I'm good. I'll see you at home, Twilight," said Spike, his tone cold. He turned to leave, much to Twilight's surprise.

"Wha... Spike," called Twilight. But, the boy said nothing. The girl deeply frowned.

Junior sighed tiredly. Things seemed to have gone worse than he would've liked. But, he was fortunate that the day did not end in something horrible. Before returning with the rest of the student body, Junior and the kids who he was in charge of took a moment to clean up whatever they could that was left as a result in chasing after Diamond Tiara. Fortunately, nothing was broken. But, there were a couple suits of armor that had been hastily reassembled. Hopefully, that won't come back to bite them.

Junior took notice of Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon to be away from the other kids. Diamond looked to be annoyed, standing with a pout. While Silver Spoon just stood, appearing in a awkward mood. Junior turned to find Applebloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo to be standing nearby, conversing. As the rest of the Friendship Club began to disperse for the day, Junior made his way over.

"H-Hey, girls. Listen, I owe you for saving my skin back in the museum," said Junior, almost in a whisper.

"No problem. We weren't going to let you get into trouble because of Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon," said Scootaloo, nonchalantly.

"Thanks. But uh... Maybe go easy on them," said Junior. The girls appeared confused. Almost offended.

"Huh?!" exclaimed Sweetie Belle.

"I know, it sounds crazy. Especially coming from me. It's just that..." Junior began to ponder his reasoning. He had no real reason as to convince these girls to be nice to Diamond Tiara of all people. But, based on earlier today, Junior may have caught a glimpse at the root of her behavioral issues.

"I think she... needs some friends," said Junior.

"Friends? But she has Silver Spoon," said Applebloom puzzled.

"Yeah, but look at them. Does it look like they have a healthy relationship?" asked Junior, pointing to the two girls.

"I guess not..." said Applebloom, her expression softening.

"You're kinda asking a lot from us though, Gojira. We don't exactly get along with them," said Scootaloo, scratching at her head.

"Well, at least try to be nice to them. I think that it could do them some good," said Junior. The girls looked to each other, all three unsure.

"Alright. But you owe us!" said Scootaloo. Junior smiled.

"Sure. Just name it when you want to cash in. Thanks again, girls," said Junior as he began to walk off, waving to the kids.

"Bye, Gojira!" The girls waved to the boy as he left the school grounds.






Junior was walking down the street in silence. How relieved he was that this horrible day was coming to an end. He learned his lesson. With kids, he could not afford to take his eyes off of them for a second. He also learned to never volunteer for acting as an escort, unless he wanted to kill himself with stress. But, things seemed to have worked out in the end.

On his walk home, Junior took notice of Twilight Sparkle. She was sitting alone in a booth by the window of a local cafe. She appeared to be in a glum state. She didn't seem to have taken notice of him. Junior was about to continue on his way but stopped. Seeing her there didn't sit well with him. Junior quickly drew out his phone and began to send a text message to his mother.

"This might take a while," said Junior, before entering the cafe. He began to search the booths, until he noticed a familiar ponytail. Junior made his way to Twilight's booth.

"Hey, Twi," greeted Junior. The girl jumped with a start. She looked up to find the boy standing near her.

"Wh-What are you doing here?" asked Twilight.

"I was gonna ask you the same thing. I thought you'd be home by now," said Junior, as he took a seat across from the girl. Twilight cleared her throat.

"I-I just thought I'd get a bite before I headed home," said Twilight, quickly drawing up her menu. Junior hummed.

"Hey, Gojira! I wasn't expecting to see ya here, hun," greeted a waitress, as she approached the table. She was a middle aged woman, with short wavy hair.

"Oh. Hey, Sherry," greeted Junior. Twilight's brow raised, as she noticed the woman and boy acknowledge each other.

"You here for a bite? I'll set you up with the usual," said Sherry.

"Ah. No, that's OK. I'm just here to see someone. Plus, I'm a little short today," said Junior, sheepishly.

"Oh, ain't a problem! It'll be on the house!" said Sherry, smiling sweetly.

"Well... I guess that's fine. The usual, please," said Junior, a reluctant smile.

"Alright, Barbeque Bacon Cheese Burger, side of fries, and Dr. Pepper coming right up! And what can I get ya, hun?" Sherry turned her attention to Twilight, who slightly jumped as the attention was now directed at herself.

"Oh. I'll just have the Southern Turkey sandwich with a side of fries and sweet tea, please," said Twilight.

"Coming up! Don't mind me, I'll get of your hair, ya cute couple," chuckled Sherry, before leaving.

"We're not a couple!" said Junior, annoyed. Twilight forced a laugh, her face having reddened in embarrassment. The boy sighed.

"Well, since I'm here. Mind if I join you?" asked Junior.

"N-Not at all," said Twilight. She awkwardly tapped at the table.

"So... How do you know her?"

"Sherry? Oh, I know her because I'm kind of a regular here. When I have cash to spend that is," said Junior, sheepish.

"I also do some odd jobs around town just to earn some cash. Like mowing lawns, cleaning gutters... You know, stuff that people are too lazy to do themselves these days. I also used to come here to do some cleanup work back in Middle School just to earn a few bucks," said Junior. The girl looked at him curiously.

"Why don't you just get a part time job? That has to be easier than looking for someone's chores to do," said Twilight.

"Nah, it wouldn't work for me. I already have a hard enough time with my academics. Getting a part time job would just interfere with study time. My way at least allows me to work anytime I want," said Junior.

"Huh. No wonder why AJ thinks you have a good work ethic," said Twilight, smiling.

"Yeah." Junior began to scratch at the back of his neck. Now was a good time to bring up a topic that he came here to get into.

"So... I couldn't help but notice you looking down from out the window. You doin' OK?" asked Junior. Twilight's smile faded from her face. What replaced it was a melancholic look.

"Well... It's just that..." Twilight sighed.

"Go on," said Junior, attentive.

"I don't know. I feel like Spike... hates me," said Twilight, solemn.

"Why would you think that?" asked Junior.

"Come on, don't act like you haven't noticed. He's been cold to me all day today. Plus, the way he..." Twilight swallowed the lump in her throat. Junior began to worry that she was going to break down crying. That was the last thing he wanted to be faced with.

"You mean when he told you to shut up? You can't blame him for that. I mean, you were bringing up something that he was embarrassed about. In front girls for that matter," said Junior.

"I just wanted to..." Twilight's lip quivered.

"I know, Twi. You're just... A little clueless sometimes. I mean, I'm not one to judge. But that doesn't mean that he hates you," said Junior.

"Then why has he been cold to me these days? You know, he never used to be like that. When he was younger, he was a sweet little guy," said Twilight, propping her chin up on the table.

"Well... What do you think it could be? I mean, you're related to him, aren't you?" asked Junior. Twilight grimaced.

"I wonder..."

"Got an idea?" asked Junior, curious.

"I don't usually mention this. Did you know that Spike is a Transmutant?" asked Twilight. Junior's eyes widened in surprise. He had to do a double take to make sure that he hadn't misheard the girl.

"I... I had no idea. But how's that possible? I mean, you're not a mutant," said Junior.

"That's because Spike isn't actually my brother. He's adopted," said Twilight.

"Oh." Junior nodded in understanding.

"We took him in when he was just a toddler. In fact, I was the one who was responsible for him becoming a part of our family," said Twilight, tracing her finger on the table, absentmindedly. She held a look of nostalgia.

"My parents couldn't decide which of the kids they should take in. All of them deserved a loving family and a home. So, they had me decide. I don't know what it was about him. I just... felt like out of all of them, he needed me the most. It sounds strange, but it's something that I just felt," said Twilight.

"You sure it wasn't because he was a mutant?" asked Junior. It wasn't a question out of accusation. He genuinely thought that fact would influence her decision.

"I had no idea at the time. It wasn't until we began the adoption process that my parents were informed," said Twilight.

"Does he know?" asked Junior. Twilight nodded.

"My parents told him a couple of years back," said Twilight. Junior hummed.

"Did you ever change in how you treated him? Even after he found out that he was adopted?" asked Junior. Twilight shook her head, almost offended.

"I'd never change how I treat Spike! Adopted or not, he's still my little brother!" said Twilight.

"Twilight, relax. It was just a question," said Junior, raising a hand. The girl sighed.

"Sorry."

Junior began to hum as he pondered what he was told. The fact that the boy was adopted seemed like a good lead on why he would act cold to Twilight. But even so, it seemed like he had a fairly good childhood. At least that was the impression he got with the little information that he had to work with. Even more so, Twilight claimed to never treat him any differently. But then again, Twilight was a sensitive girl. This opened up a few different theories that Junior had. One of them he thought may have been more likely.

"Maybe you're overreacting," said Junior. Twilight scoffed, glaring at the boy.

"Overreacting?!" demanded Twilight, startling those nearby.

"No, hear me out," said Junior, maintaining his own composure. Twilight scowled as she sat back in her seat.

"From what I can gather, there's no real reason for Spike to hate you. I've spent the day with him, and he didn't strike me as such. The behavior that I saw was how I would assume any younger sibling would act when embarrassed," explained Junior. Twilight appeared hurt as she heard this.

"You're saying that he's embarrassed by me?" asked Twilight, her tone small.

"Aw Twi, don't take it personal. It's just... You know, it's like how you'd feel if your parent would do something that'd embarrass you. Like how they'd smother you in public or something. That's how Spike feels. Sure he might be mad at you about today, but that doesn't mean he hates you. You understand?" asked Junior. Twilight pondered the boy's words.

"You really think that's what it is?" asked Twilight.

"If I'm wrong, then I'll turn in my psychiatrist license," said Junior, jokingly. Twilight giggled in response. A small, relived smile appeared on her face. She was glad to have had this boy in her club. Or rather, she was glad to have been his friend.

"If you say so. Thank you, Gojira," said Twilight. Junior nodded to her with a warm smile.

"Don't mention it," said Junior.

Author's Note:

Art is by iojknmiojknm

PreviousChapters