• Published 17th Feb 2016
  • 10,646 Views, 581 Comments

Shy and Aggressive - Johng117



Fluttershy finds herself in one of the most unlikely of situations. She meets the top delinquent of Ponyville High. Not only that, he is also a freak to society.

  • ...
45
 581
 10,646

Chapters Next
Chapter 1: A Boy With Attitude

The morning sun rose over a small neighborhood. The birds sang as they soared through the morning breeze, and the sun cast its warm rays down upon the land. The leaves fell for the coming of autumn.

From within a small house, a garden decorated with flower pots stood in the front yard. A middle aged woman with green eyes knelt near the garden as she tended to the flowers. Her name was Posey, the town's residential flower shop owner. Her talents for gardening were envied by youth who yearned to do the same. Posey's light, grayish pink hair reached to her shoulders. A yellow-green headband was worn upon her head. The woman hummed to herself as she tended her garden. Her watch beeped on her wrist, prompting her eyes to slightly widen. Posey looked down at her digital watch.

"Uh oh," said Posey. She turned to the house.

"Fluttershy! Sweetie, you'll be late for school!" called Posey. From within the house, a young girl gasped as she turned away from her desktop, her face filled with alarm. She immediately checked herself over, making sure that she was fully dressed. Finding herself in an aqua t-shirt, teal skirt, black leggings, and grey boots. She sighed in relief, remembering to have dressed before getting on her computer. She immediately logged off of a social media site after replying to her friend, Rarity, and shut down her computer to put on her butter yellow sweater.

"Oh dear!" said Fluttershy frantically as she looked at the time on her cell phone. Her eyes widened. She searched frantically around the room.

"Where's my backpack?!" cried Fluttershy. She then heard light tapping on her dresser, prompting Fluttershy to turn and find her pet rabbit to be tugging at a backpack's strap.

"Thanks, Angel Bunny!" said Fluttershy as she rushed over to her back pack and placed it on. She then pet the rabbit's head.

"Momma loves you!" said Fluttershy as she rushed out of her room and out to the living room. The news channel was on the television set, displaying footage of a bald man with a large and imposing body, covered in a burgundy crustacean carapace. His eyes were yellow, lacking pupils, and his mouth were covered in sharp teeth. He stood in front of a black flag with a red symbol that appeared as a spiked object curled in a fetal position. In the center of the image was a DNA helix. By his side were a few other men of Eastern descent.

"For centuries, the Transmutants have faced the discrimination and oppression of the humans. No more! The Revolution will liberate all of us from their rule and we shall ascend to being the rulers of this world!" said the crustacean armored man. He spoke in the Neighponese language, which was translated below on screen. Fluttershy ignored this footage, having seen it before online a few years back when a friend of hers shared it with her online. She dared not recall the footage, for it would put a damper on her day.

Fluttershy rushed out of the house and made her way down the porch. She made her way to her mother and planted a kiss on her cheek.

"Goodbye, Mother! I'll see you later!" said Fluttershy as she ran down to the side walk and made her way to school.


Later...

Fluttershy panted as she ran down the side walk in another neighborhood. She then looked at her phone.

"OK. I can still make it on time for my test," said Fluttershy as she increased her speed. She found herself running up to a large high school that bore stairs that led to double doors. A few straggling students were entering the building. In front of the school was a sign that depicted its name, 'Ponyville High'. The school itself was three stories high, bearing a soccer field on the side and a parking lot in the back. In the center of the school building was a large open area, making up the quad. Concrete and grass made up the ground of the quad, a couple of small trees were present along with benches and tables.

Fluttershy had entered through the main entrance of the school and proceeded to power walk through the halls in urgency. She looked at her phone again and found a text message from her friend, Rainbow Dash. It read, 'Yo, where are you?' Fluttershy immediately tapped her screen as she sent a quick reply.

"I. Am. Just. Around. The. Oof!" Fluttershy was interrupted as she bumped into a larger figure. She dropped her phone on the ground and fell onto her rear. She moaned in pain as she sat down.

"I'm sorry! I didn't-" Fluttershy craned her neck back and gasped as she spotted the person she had ran into. It was a male student standing to be six foot six in height, bearing spiked and dark hair. His yellow eyes looked at her in annoyance as his brows furrowed. He wore a charcoal grey sweater and a pair of black jeans. Fluttershy visibly shrunk away as she recognized this boy.

He merely rolled his eyes in response as he picked up her cell phone and held it out to her. Fluttershy merely stared at it blankly and then to the boy. The male student hardened his eyes as he grew more annoyed.

"God, would you just take it? It's not that hard!" said the boy in a sharp tone. Fluttershy merely flinched as she immediately snatched the phone away and shot up to her feet.

"I'm sorry! Please don't hurt me!" cried Fluttershy as she burst into a sprint and away from the student. He turned and watched as the girl ran away from him. He merely sighed in annoyance.

"Honestly," said the student as he placed his hands in his sweater pockets and began to walk away. He then stopped as he turned to the side and found a poster. Obviously one made by a student. It was advertising for the Fall formal. The student merely shook his head.

"So stupid," said the student as he continued on through the hall in silence.


Fluttershy sighed in relief as she slumped in her seat. The bell had just rung and she had completed her test. She turned to the side as she heard the sound of a chair scrapping against the ground. She found another girl with long, rainbow hair standing from her seat. Her cyan t-shirt bore an image of a cloud with a rainbow lightning bolt striking from under it. Her blue jacket was opened up, revealing her shirt. She sported a pair of tennis shoes and shorts. The girl made her way over to Fluttershy with a smile.

"Hey, ready to get going?" asked the girl. Fluttershy nodded with a smile as she packed her bag.

The two were later walking together in the hallway in silence, passing through a cluster of other students.

"So, Rainbow Dash. How do you think you did on today's test?" asked Fluttershy. Rainbow merely shrugged.

"Meh. I think I did alright. Even if I bombed it, I could always retake it," said Rainbow with a smirk.

"I...don't think it's wise to do that. It'd help if you studied more," said Fluttershy. Rainbow rolled her eyes in response.

"Wow. You totally sound like Twilight Sparkle right now! Don't go all egghead on me now, Flutters," said Rainbow jokingly.

"Oh, but Twilight is a great study buddy! You should ask her for help if you're struggling with one of your classes," interjected Fluttershy as the two walked together in the hall.

"Anyway, mind telling me why you were late this morning?" asked Rainbow in curiosity.

"I lost track of time. I was printing up a couple of more fliers to pass after school for the animal shelter. But after I was through, I was distracted with replying to a couple of messages that I missed from the past two days," said Fluttershy as she rubbed her arm in embarrassment.

"Hmm. Well, good luck with that," said Rainbow. She then began to separate from Fluttershy.

"I'll catch ya at lunch!" said Rainbow.

"Wait! Rainbow, would you like to volunteer for the animal shelter?" asked Fluttershy. Rainbow looked away.

"Oh. Yeah, sorry I can't. There's a big game coming up against the Shadowbolts in a couple of weeks and I'm in charge of keeping our team from slacking off," said Rainbow as she rubbed the back of her head. Fluttershy nodded.

"Oh. Right, you're the captain of the soccer team. M-My mistake," said Fluttershy.

"Uh...maybe some other time, alright?" said Rainbow as she disappeared through the crowd of students. Fluttershy sighed in disappointment.

"Sure," said Fluttershy as she continued to walk to her next class. She then shook her head. Fluttershy knew that she couldn't fault her old friend for not being able to come. There was no helping it, so she was determined to pass the fliers out in hopes of finding volunteers among her fellow students.


Later...

Lunch time. Many students had gathered into the large cafeteria, bearing trays as they waited in line to receive their meals. The room was filled with voices from among the students. Fluttershy walked through the cafeteria with her tray, timidly walking passed other students headed her way, to avoid colliding with them.

"Fluttershy! Over here!" cried a high pitched voice. Fluttershy nearly jumped out of her skin from the loud voice, but turned and relaxed as she found that it was one of her friends. A girl that was a bit plump in her figure, bearing pink hair that looked as though it were made of cotton candy. She waved as she gave Fluttershy a large smile.

'Oh. It's just Pinkie Pie,' thought Fluttershy as she lightly smiled and made her way to the table. She took her seat beside a blonde girl that bore light freckles on her cheeks a Stetson hat on her head, and a country vibe about her. Across from this country girl was Pinkie Pie, and on her right left was a girl that looked for any traces of ruin in her beautiful and curled purple hair.

"How ya doing, sugar cube?" asked the country girl, bearing a southern accent.

"I'm alright, Applejack. Good afternoon, Rarity," said Fluttershy as she turned to the girl in front of her.

"Hello, darling! Did you see that video that I sent you?" asked the girl as she closed her small mirror. Fluttershy nodded.

"I did! The puppies were very adorable," said Fluttershy as she ate her salad. From her right came Rainbow, who placed her tray down on the table and sat down.

"Sup'?" greeted Rainbow with a grin as she began to eat. Her friends greeted her in response as they sat and ate their lunches.

"Where's Twilight?" asked Pinkie as she searched the cafeteria.

"Probably gawking at a certain guitar player," said Rainbow as she took a bite out of her sandwich. Rarity sighed as she shook her head.

"Honestly, that girl simply must make a move, or not at all," said Rarity.

"Meh. I personally think that she can do better," said Pinkie with a shrug.

"Really? I mean, he's a good looking guy, right?" said Applejack with a shrug.

"Yeah. Buuuut, he's taken, isn't he?" asked Pinkie. She then shrugged. "I mean, if Twilight wants to be the side chick. I won't judge her,"

"Nothing wrong with looking," said Rainbow in a joking manner.

"What's this about me being a side...what?" asked a familiar voice. Everyone at the table went stiff as they immediately turned to find a girl with navy blue hair with pink and violet highlights.

"Nothing!" said the girls in unison. Twilight looked at them in confusion and then shook her head as she took her seat beside Rarity. The girls all had conversations among each other as they ate their lunches. Rarity's eye caught sight of another student, causing them to brighten.

"Oh my! It's her!" cried Rarity in delight.

"Who?" asked Fluttershy as she and the others followed Rarity's line of sight. They found a girl of Neighponese descent walking through the cafeteria with a couple of other girls at her side. Her hair was short and pure white. She wore an orange shirt with white long sleeves, a pair of blue shorts and yellowish thigh highs.

"Mosura Yasu! Only one of the most popular girls in school!" said Rarity with a squeal. "Not only is she smart, but she's kind and has a warm heart to go with it! Oh! And just look at her lovely white hair!"

"Gee. What are you? Her biggest fan?" asked Rainbow with a smirk.

"No, I just admire her," said Rarity with a sigh. Twilight glanced at her.

"Want to ask her to join us?" asked Twilight. Rarity gasped as she looked at Twilight in shock.

"I could not possibly to ask someone of her status to join us!" cried Rarity.

"I hear she's actually pretty chill, despite being worshiped by half the school," said Rainbow with a shrug.

"Maybe another time," said Rarity with a nervous smile. Fluttershy was looking over her phone, finding her screen to be cracked at the top.

"Dropped your cell, sugar cube?" asked Applejack as she bit into an apple.

"This morning I was texting Rainbow to let her know that I was on my way to class. Then I bumped into some boy and dropped it," said Fluttershy.

"Heh. You should have made him pay for it," said Rainbow with a chuckle. Fluttershy shook her head.

"Oh, no. I couldn't do that. Besides, I would have regretted it if I did," said Fluttershy with a gulp.

"Oh? Who was it?" asked Twilight. Fluttershy timidly lowered her head.

"It...it was..." Fluttershy was afraid to utter his name. The girls all leaned in, curious.

"Yes?" asked the other girls in unison. Fluttershy closed her eyes as she took a deep breath.

"I-It was Gojira Takeshi the 2nd!" Fluttershy said in a fast pace.

"What?!" cried the other girls in unison, startling several students that were nearby. Rainbow leaned close to Fluttershy with a hard stare.

"You ran into Ponyville High's top delinquent?!" asked Rarity in shock.

"Did that jerk hurt you?! Do you want me to pound him for ya?!" asked Rainbow.

"No! No, don't do that!" cried Fluttershy with dread.

"Yeah, Dashie! Trying to beat up Gojira is like calling the grim reaper that you’re ready to die!" said Pinkie.

"Pfft! I'm not afraid of that chump!" said Rainbow with a look of confidence. Applejack rolled her eyes in response and then turned to the side.

"Speak of the devil himself, here he comes now," said Applejack as she immediately turned back forward as her eyes kept to the side. The rest of Main Six turned to where she was looking and found whom Applejack was referring to. Fluttershy gulped nervously as she spotted the same boy that she had ran into earlier. They found the student walking down the aisle with a neutral expression, which appeared to look stern. A few students went silent as he walked passed them.

"Hey look, it's that freak," whispered one of the students at a nearby table.

"Yeah, the worst out of all of them," said another male student.

"Ugh. I can't believe we have to attend the same school as them," scoffed a female student.

"I hear that his old man is a terrorist," whispered another female student.

"Yikes! And his son is in the same school as us!" said a male student.

The male student was able to hear these voices that spoke of assumptions and disdain. However, he chose not to confront them as he knew that they were not worth it and that had no need to worry about what they thought of him. The student passed by the table of the Main Six, who merely avoided eye contact with him. He then bumped shoulders with a student with a grey sweater and a t-shirt with an image of a blue shield and lightning bolt. His hair was blue and spiked. He grunted as the taller and larger delinquent pushed through him.

"Hey! Watch it!" said the student. The delinquent merely kept moving, not paying him any mind.

"Piss off, Flash Sentry," said the delinquent. The student merely scowled in response as he scoffed and proceeded to join his peers, who appeared to have been in a band. Twilight scowled at this.

"That jerk. He doesn't even have the decency to say, 'excuse me'," said Twilight.

"Yes. He's barbaric, like every delinquent. Have you seen him fight?" asked Rarity.

"I did! That guy's a jerk, but he has some sweet moves," said Rainbow.

"Dash, he put three students in the hospital," deadpanned Applejack.

"Better than them ending up dead," said Rainbow with a shrug. Fluttershy warily watched as the delinquent made his way to a table at the far end of the cafeteria, filled with five other students. She knew well what that table was. It was where one particular group sat. In truth, the students over there could have sat anywhere else, but they choose to sit there.

The delinquent, called Junior by his family, made his way over to the table with a lunch bag. As he was about to sit down, his eyes widened in shock. A sheet of paper was tapped from the side. Written in sharpie pen, it read, 'Table Reserved for Freaks'. Junior hardened his eyes and immediately snatched the paper from the table. He then looked at the students sitting there in disapproval as he showed them the paper.

"What the hell is this? Why are you conforming to this?!" demanded Junior. One of the other students flinched at his harsh tone.

"We...we just didn't see a point in-"

"No! You know what this is?! This is you letting them walk over you by letting them try to segregate us in this school! It's bullshit!" said Junior as he tore the paper up into pieces and tossed pieces to the ground.

"Hey, you gonna pick that up?" asked a male student from another table. Junior immediately turned and sent the student a glare.

"You! Shut up!" said Junior. He then turned back to the students at the table he had arrived at.

"I don't ever want to see anything like that on this table again! Next time you see something like this, you tear it up!" said Junior in a harsh tone. The other students nodded in response. Junior sighed as he made his way to the far end of the table. He sat down, alone and reached into his lunch bag to take out a sandwich filled with meat, eating it with a scowl on his face. Fluttershy watched the student from her table as his back was facing towards her. She sighed as she went back to eating.

"Don't let him bother you, Flutters. If he messes with you, we'll have your back," said Rainbow as she wrapped an arm around Fluttershy.

"That's right," said Twilight with a determined smile. The rest of the Main Six gave nods of agreement. Fluttershy lightly smiled in response.

"Thank you, everybody," said Fluttershy.


A few hours later...

Fluttershy stood outside in front of the school, holding fliers to the animal shelter. She spent the last few minutes attempting to get the other students to take one and to volunteer, but to no avail. She had previously asked her friends if they would like to help. Unfortunately, they had other plans and were unable to do so. Fluttershy sighed heavily as she sat down on the ground, feeling herself tear up.

"This is awful. I can't possibly convince them to lend a hand to these animals. I'm useless," said Fluttershy as she buried her face into her knees. She suddenly heard the sound of a car swerving prompting her to shoot her head back up as the sound of panicked screams reached her ears. Fluttershy immediately stood to her feet and found a car parked in the middle of the rode with a body lying a few feet in front of the bumper. Fluttershy's face went pale.

"Oh my goodness," whispered Fluttershy. She and few other students immediately rush to the sidewalk. She stopped as she attempted to peek over the crowd of students. Her eyes widened in shock as she spotted Junior lying on the ground, his arms and left leg appeared to be broken as they were twisted in an unnatural way. The driver in the car immediately rushed out and knelt before the student, panicking as he held his head.

"Oh no. What have I done?" muttered the man. He immediately reached into his pocket and pulled out his cellphone, proceeding to dial in the emergency number.

"Hello? Yes, I just hit some kid with my car! I don't know if he's alive or dead, but he's not moving!" said the driver on the phone. Fluttershy stared in shock as she stared at the boy that she had seen was alive hours ago.

"Man, he's actually dead?" asked a girl that was staring at the body.

"Oh god. I can't watch," said another student. Fluttershy's eyes widened as she saw Junior's fingers flexing.

"He's moving!" cried Fluttershy. The students gasped as they found Junior slightly twitching on the ground. The sound of bones popping reached their ears, causing everyone to cringe. Junior slammed his hand onto the ground as he slightly raised himself up with a groan. His breathing was ragged as his bones popped back into place and his muscle tissue and cartilage slowly regenerated. Junior stood up to one knee as he began panting.

"H-Hey kid! Are you alright?" asked the man with a wary expression. Junior merely grunted in response as he sluggishly stood up to his feet. He groaned as he felt the agonizing pain in his broken leg.

"No way," whispered Fluttershy in shock. Based on what she had seen, there was no possible way that he could have been back up onto his feet. He definitely wouldn't have been restored as quickly. She then saw how his arms hung at his side lazily, as if they were unable to function properly. The driver shot up to his feet.

"Hey! You shouldn't get up! I'm calling an ambulance so just-"

"Back off!!" shouted Junior as he snarled at the man. His eyes suddenly changed to being reptilian and his teeth grew sharp. The students that saw this recoiled, looking on with dread. The driver looked on fearfully. Junior snatched the phone out of his hand.

"Next time, watch the road!" growled Junior as he crushed the cell phone into his hand, causing it to break into pieces. He then turned away as he popped his shoulder, limping away. Fluttershy watched as the delinquent made it across the street and down the side walk. Slowly, the students began to disperse.

"And I thought that guy was already a freak. He's even worse," muttered a male student.

"Yeah. Freaking Transmutants," said another male student. Fluttershy watched as Junior limped through the neighborhood, wincing. She frowned deeply in response. Fluttershy then proceeded to walk across the street, after checking both ways for cars, and jogged after the delinquent as he limped to across the sidewalk.

"Hey!" called Fluttershy. Junior stopped and turned to face her as she approached him. He merely scowled.

"What do you want?" asked Junior. Fluttershy slightly shrunk at Junior's stern gaze.

"You...you need a hospital," said Fluttershy. Junior sent her a look of annoyance.

"Do I look like I need a hospital?" asked Junior.

"Um...is that a trick question?" asked Fluttershy. Junior shook his head as he began to limp away.

"I'm a Transmutant. I don't need a hospital. I just need to go home and rest," said Junior as he winced with every step that he made, Fluttershy following him a few feet behind.

"I can call an ambulance! You're seriously hurt!" cried Fluttershy.

"I'll live. I just need to get off the streets," said Junior. He then turned back and scowled.

"Are you seriously following me?" asked Junior.

"Of course. You were hit by a car! You need medical attention!" said Fluttershy.

"Are you deaf? I just said I'm a Transmutant! My dad once broke his arm and healed in just a couple of days! I don't need your help when I have his genes!" said Junior in annoyance. Fluttershy winced at his harsh tone, stopping as he continued to limp away from the school grounds. She then gasped as she saw Junior trip and fall to the ground.

"Damn it!" cursed Junior as he struggled back onto his feet before he dropped back onto his belly as the sharp pain reached him. He groaned in agony as he gritted his teeth. Fluttershy immediately rushed to his side and knelt down beside him.

"At least let me help you get home. If you don't mind," said Fluttershy with a frown. Junior glanced at her and then sighed.

"Fine. But I live in another neighborhood. I have to make it to the bus," said Junior. Fluttershy nodded.

"OK. I'll help you," said Fluttershy as she brought Junior's arm around her shoulders and helped him up to his feet, walking with him through the sidewalk.

"Why are you doing this? You'd be smart just to leave me alone," said Junior.

"But then you'd never get home. You don't want to go to the hospital and you need to take the bus. I can't leave someone that's hurt alone," said Fluttershy. Junior's eyes slightly widened in surprise. He turned away as he looked down at the ground.

"Thanks..." muttered Junior.


Fluttershy and Junior were currently sitting in the back of the bus on the seats on the right. Junior leaned against the side of the bus as he stared out the window while Fluttershy was on her phone.

"No, I might be a little late today," said Fluttershy as she spoke on the phone. Junior glanced at her as she spoke on the phone.

"No, I can still make it. I'm just helping someone get home. OK, I'll be at the shelter soon," said Fluttershy. She then ended her call and placed her phone in her bag. She felt Junior's eyes on her, prompting herself to look in his direction. The Transmutant quickly looked away and looked back at the window.

"Are you sure you don't want to go to the hospital?" asked Fluttershy.

"I'm sure. My wrist has already popped back into place," said Junior as he flexed his right wrist. "Last time I broke my leg was when I was ten. The bone healed in a day and a half," said Junior as he stared off at the window. He then scoffed. "I bet that freaks you out, huh?"

"Well... I actually kind of think that it's amazing," said Fluttershy. Junior raised a brow at her in response. He then gave a chuckle.

"Really? You're weird," said Junior. Fluttershy looked at him with a slight hurt expression.

"That's kind of mean," muttered Fluttershy.

"I didn't mean it to be a dick. People that see me quickly heal from something like a broken bone or cut always freak out. Therefore, that makes you the odd one out," said Junior. Fluttershy merely looked to the side as she thought of Junior's response.

"So...was it a compliment?" asked Fluttershy in confusion.

"Not necessarily. It was just an observation," replied Junior.

"Oh," said Fluttershy as she placed her hands on her lap. An awkward silence filled the air from between the two. Junior was fidgeting in his seat as he sat beside the human, desiring to separate from her as soon as possible.

"Um... Gojira, right?" asked Fluttershy.

"Come on. Don't pretend that you don't know my name. Just about everybody in school does," said Junior.

"R-Right. Um... How did you get hit? Were you paying attention?" asked Fluttershy. Junior scoffed in response.

"Well, yeah. But that guy was turned on a nearby corner when I was already walking. Son of a bitch was on his phone," said Junior. Fluttershy winced at his swearing, but decided against saying anything about to avoid being on the delinquent's bad side.

"That must have been frightening," said Fluttershy with a light frown.

"I can think of worse ways to go out," said Junior as be crossed his arms. Fluttershy glanced at Junior as she thought of when his eyes changed and his teeth grew sharp.

"Um... May I ask... What kind of creature you can change into?" asked Fluttershy timidly.

"Aren't you full of questions? It's not polite to ask what a Transmutant turns into," deadpanned Junior.

"Sorry. I...I was just curious," said Fluttershy. Junior sighed in response.

"I guess I might as well tell you since you are helping me home. I'm a Saurian based Transmutant," said Junior.

"Saurian? As in a dinosaur?" asked Fluttershy.

"Yeah. Transmutants can change into certain creatures and we've been categorized based on whatever creature we appear as. I hear there aren’t as much Saurian based Transmutants out there as the other kinds. In fact, the paleontologists are debating that what I turn into isn't based on any known dinosaur species," said Junior. Fluttershy listened in with interest.

"By the way, I don't think I ever got your name," said Junior. Fluttershy looked away with a timid expression.

"I... I'm Flutter-"Fluttershy muttered her name.

"I didn't catch that," said Junior. Fluttershy whimpered as she hid her face. Junior sighed in response.

"Whatever. If you don't want to tell me your name, that's fine. I probably damaged your reputation just by riding this bus with you," said Junior as he looked back out the window. Fluttershy frowned in response but then took on a determined expression. She took a deep breath.

"I'm Fluttershy!" said Fluttershy in a small but high voice. Junior merely looked at her with a raised brow. He then smirked.

"Now I caught your name. It's nice," said Junior. Fluttershy looked away with a bashful smile.

"Th-Thank you," said Fluttershy. The two then felt the bus roll to a stop. Junior quickly peaked out the window and then smiled.

"This is my stop," said Junior. Fluttershy helped him onto his feet and out of the bus. The pair held onto each other as they walked on a sidewalk through the neighborhood. Fluttershy panted as she felt herself losing her strength to support the taller Transmutant.

"Almost there. Just another block," said Junior as the pair turned down the sidewalk and towards a house that was right next to a familiar house. Fluttershy's eyes widened in surprise. She helped Junior to his home's porch and was about to ring the doorbell.

"I got it," said Junior as he fished for his house key and started to unlock the door. The inside of the house bore carpet on the ground of the living room. A recliner sat in the living room along with a sofa. A television set sat at the far end of the living room and a vase sat in the corner of the living room. Fluttershy helped Junior over to the sofa, allowing him to sit down.

"Mom! I'm home!" called Junior. He winced as he lied himself down on the couch.

"I'm in the kitchen, Junior! I'll be there for a second," said a soft, female voice. She carried an accent as she spoke. Fluttershy turned as she heard footsteps approaching. She found a middle aged, Neighponese woman with bluish gray eyes and long black hair. Fluttershy was captivated by her beauty.

"How was school..." the woman's voice trailed off as she found Fluttershy kneeling next to her son as he lied on the sofa.

"Oh. Who's this? A friend from school?" asked the mother with a smile.

"Heh. Me having friends," said Junior under his breath. He then cleared his throat.

"No, ma. I was hit by a car today when leaving for school. Fluttershy is an acquaintance who helped me get home. Fluttershy, this is my mother, Miwa Takeshi," said Junior.

"N-Nice to meet you, ma'am," stuttered Fluttershy. Junior's mother's eyes widened in shock.

"Nani?!" exclaimed the woman in Neighponese. She immediately rushed to her son's side with a loom of worry as she looked him over. "How bad are you hurt?!"

"Ow! Ow! Stop, my arm is still broken!" yelped Junior. Fluttershy deeply frowned.

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Takeshi. I tried to convince him to go to the hospital but he kept refusing," said Fluttershy.

Miwa looked at her son in disapproval. Junior merely looked away with a scowl.

"I told you that I'll be fine! I just need a couple of days to recover," said Junior. Miwa scolded her son in Neighponese as she gave him disapproving eyes. Junior merely argued with her in his native tongue as well. Fluttershy stood by worriedly as she watched the two argue. Junior as he looked away while Miwa frowned.

"You're just like your father. Always biting more than you can chew," sighed Miwa. She then turned to face Fluttershy with a warm smile.

"Thank you for helping my son return home safely. I greatly appreciate it," said Miwa. Fluttershy nodded in response.

"It was not a problem, ma'am. Sometimes, we all need a little kindness," said Fluttershy with a smile. Miwa nodded in agreement.

"Oh. Do you need a ride home? I can drive you," said Miwa. Fluttershy waved her hands.

"Oh...no. No, I can get home from here, thank you," said Fluttershy. She then glanced at Junior.

"Will you be coming to school tomorrow?" asked Fluttershy.

"Nope. Not for a couple of days," said Junior with a yawn.

"Ok. Well... I'll be going now. Goodbye," said Fluttershy as she made way to the door.

"Fluttershy," called Junior.

"Yes?" asked Fluttershy with a look of curiosity. Junior avoided eye contact with the girl.

"Thanks for your help," said Junior. The girl merely smiled in response.

"You're welcome," said Fluttershy as she left the house. As the front door closed, she turned to the house that was a few houses down. Fluttershy slumped her shoulders.

"We're in the same neighborhood?" asked Fluttershy. She then looked back to Junior's home.

"Hmm. He's...not quite how I thought he'd be. At least, not entirely," said Fluttershy as she began to walk away from the house.

Meanwhile back in Junior's home, he lied down on the sofa with a blank stare as he looked up to the ceiling. He felt his mother placing her hand on his own, prompting him to look over at her.

"Will you be alright at home alone for a couple nights? I can stay home from work and look after you," said Miwa with a look of worry. Junior moved his hand and locked it with his mother's.

"I'll be fine, mom. Don't worry. I'll just do some homework," said Junior. Miwa nodded as she leaned over her son and ran her hand over his head.


The next day...

Fluttershy sat down in the lunch room with her friends. She merely sat with her chin propped up by her hand as she slowly ate her food. Her friends were locked in a conversation.

"So, he was hit by a car and got up like it was nothing?!" asked Twilight in a shocked tone.

"That's what the rumor is right now," said Rarity. Rainbow scoffed as she pulled out her phone.

"More like a fact. Check this out," said Rainbow as she played a video that was posted on a social media site. The video showed Junior lying face down on the ground with his limbs twisted. The audio was overcrowded with multiple voices from the students. The girls looked on at the grim footage with turning stomachs. Suddenly, Junior groaned in pain as his bones started popping. Fluttershy watched with a deep frown at the footage, only imagining how much pain the delinquent was in.

"Good heavens," said Rarity with a cringe. The camera then showed footage of Junior snarling at the driver that hit him as he limped away with his broken arm hanging at his side.

"This was shared online last night. There's over three hundred likes so far," said Rainbow as she took her phone back.

"That explains why he ain't here today," said Applejack.

"You know, he may be a big scary meanie pants, but I feel bad for him," said Pinkie with a small frown.

"Eh... Yeah, I guess," said Rainbow. Fluttershy glanced to the table where a few other Transmutants were sitting and found Mosura standing by the table. Fluttershy raised a brow as Mosura spoke to one of the Transmutants. She then noticed one of the Transmutants pointing to her table. Fluttershy immediately turned her head away and looked down at the table.

'I wonder what she could be...' Fluttershy's train of thought was interrupted as she heard footsteps approaching.

"Oh! Keep it together girls!" whispered Rarity as she took on a neutral expression. The rest of the Main Six looked at her in confusion and then noticed Mosura approaching their table.

"Hello, there!" greeted Mosura with a friendly smile.

"Oh, hello," greeted Twilight with a surprised smile. The rest of the girls greeted her.

"Mosura! It's a pleasure to meet you," greeted Rarity as she bore a star struck smile.

"The pleasure is all mine!" said Mosura. Twilight looked at Mosura in curiosity.

"So, what brings you over here?" asked Twilight.

"Well, I was wondering if any of you would happen to know where Gojira is?" asked Mosura.

"Why are you looking for him?" asked Pinkie in curiosity.

"We're classmates in homeroom. I heard that he had an accident. I wanted to give him today's homework assignment, which is due on Monday," said Mosura. She then began to look at all the girls. She then sighed in disappointment. "I tried asking around, but no one knows where he could be or where he lives. I never knew how anti-social he was,"

"Heh. I'm not surprised no one knows," muttered Twilight under her breath.

"Anyway, I heard that someone named Fluttershy was seen riding with him on a bus after he had his accident. Is she with you?" asked Mosura.

"Wait, Fluttershy?!" exclaimed Rainbow as she and the girls looked at Fluttershy in shock. The timid girl merely looked away.

"Th-That's me," said Fluttershy. Mosura smiled brightly as she rushed over to her side, startling her.

"That's great! Do you know where he is? I'd really hate for a fellow classmate to fall behind because of an accident," said Mosura.

"Um... Yes." answered Fluttershy with a timid expression. "I...I can take you to him, if you'd like,"

"Excellent! Meet me in front of the Wondercolt statue after school!" said Mosura as she began to walk away from the table. Pinkie smiled.

"I like her! She's really nice!" said Pinkie.

"Yeah. Especially to a punk like Gojira. But, did you actually ride in the bus with him?" asked Rainbow.

"He was hurt! I couldn't have left him all alone," said Fluttershy.

"Why didn't you call an ambulance, darling?" asked Rarity.

"He didn't want to go to the hospital. He kept saying that he just wanted to go home and rest for a couple of days. He even used the fact of him being a Transmutant as an excuse," said Fluttershy.

"Nobody could recover that fast from an accident like that!" said Applejack in shock. Fluttershy nodded.

"No, but he was already walking. He even told me that he was a fast healer, but he was still in too much pain to move on his own," said Fluttershy with a light frown.

"Darling, he didn't threaten you or... try to do something naughty, did he?" asked Rarity in worry. Fluttershy's eyes widened while Rainbow clenched her fist.

"Oh, I swear. If that creep tried something sick..." said Rainbow as she punched her own palm with a look of outrage.

"No! No, we just rode the bus, talk for a minute, and then I helped him get to his house!" said Fluttershy.

"Good. Otherwise I would have messed him up," said Rainbow with a scowl. Fluttershy gave a nervous smile as she went back to eating.


Later...

Fluttershy and Mosura were walking down the side walk together in silence. Mosura carried her backpack on her shoulders as she looked over the neighborhood. The timid girl merely glanced at her.

"So... Are you a friend of Gojira's?" asked Fluttershy.

"Me? No. We're just classmates. I sit behind him. He's always quiet in class," said Mosura as she looked to Fluttershy.

"Oh. I see," said Fluttershy. She then turned and found another girl walking with them. Fluttershy immediately recognized her as Flash Sentry's girlfriend. Her long hair was crimson with yellow streaks, appearing like fire. She wore a brilliant crimson colored shirt with an image of a shimmering sun in the center. She held her hands in the pockets of her long sleeved leather jacket and wore an orange skirt with light amber and brilliant crimson stripes. Her dark boots reached up to her shin. She bore a scowl on her face.

"Why do you look so glum, Sunset Shimmer?" asked Mosura.

"Ah. Just some issues I had with Flash. I had to argue with him this morning about coming with you to drop off some homework for Gojira," said Sunset.

"What class do you have together?" asked Fluttershy.

"Math. And let me tell you, he's not that great at Algebra," said Sunset.

"Yeah, that's living proof of everyone of Eastern descent being good at math is just a stereotype," said Mosura with a chuckle.

"Yeah, but at least it's a complimentary one," said Sunset with a laugh. Mosura and Sunset both shared a laugh together, while Fluttershy held a small look of amusement.

'Hmm. Rarity would be jealous if she knew I was hanging out with two popular girls,' thought Fluttershy. She continued to lead the two down to her neighborhood until they were at Junior's house. She turned and found that there was no car in the drive way.

"I wonder if he's home," said Fluttershy as she walked up to the porch with Sunset and Mosura following close behind. She rang the doorbell and waited for several seconds. Fluttershy rang it again.

"Do any of you have his cell phone number?" asked Mosura.

"No, I didn't even know that he had a cell phone," said Sunset with a shrug. Fluttershy shook her head. She then rang the doorbell again.

"OK! I'm coming! For God's sake, shut up!" shouted a male voice in annoyance. The girls all jumped at the voice. Fluttershy merely hid behind Mosura as she trembled with fear. The three suddenly heard the sound of thumping and crashing.

"Oof! Shit! Ah god- Son of a bitch!" said Junior from within the house as the sound of loud clanging filled the air. Mosura and Sunset merely glanced at each other and then back at the door. An exhausted sigh was heard from behind the door. It suddenly unlocked and slowly opened. Junior panted as he held his hand on his knee. He lightly winced as he opened the door more. He then looked at them in confusion.

"Who are you? Do you need something?" asked Junior. Mosura and Sunset's eyes widened as they stared at Junior in disbelief.

"Wha- We're your classmates! I sit behind you in Marine Biology!" said Mosura.

"I sit three seats on your right in Algebra 2!" said Sunset. Junior looked down in thought and then snapped his fingers.

"Mosura and Sunside Glimmer?" asked Junior. Sunset looked at him with a light scowl.

"It's Sunset Shimmer. How come you remembered her name but not mine?" asked Sunset.

"Because the students that I've been around talk more about her," said Junior. "How did you all find me here?"

"Fluttershy helped us," said Mosura as she stepped to the side, revealing the timid girl.

"Eep! Uh...He-Hello, Gojira," said Fluttershy with a nervous smile. Junior sighed in response.

"Well, what do you want?" asked Junior. Mosura reached into her bag and pulled out a packet of paper while Sunset pulled out a notebook.

"I came by to drop off today's assignment. We're supposed to be reading page 133-140 and answer these questions on this packet. The subject is on echolocation," said Mosura. Junior took the packet and began to look it over. Sunset held out a notebook.

"We're doing pages 143-146. We're assigned to solve by even numbers for the questions," said Sunset with a neutral expression. "I uh...I also took the liberty of taking enough notes for you, since I know you're not that good at math."

"Gee, why not open your big mouth and tell the whole world while you're at it," said Junior with a scowl. Sunset sent him a glare as she pulled away the note book.

"Excuse me, but I don't appreciate you getting snarky with me when I'm offering you these notes! You'll never find anyone else's notes to be as detailed and simple to understand like mine are!" said Sunset. Junior merely hardened his eyes. Fluttershy stood by nervously while Mosura stepped in between the two.

"Hey, hey! Let's all calm down here!" said Mosura with a nervous smile. Junior began to relax himself while Sunset crossed her arms.

"Gojira, being bad at math is nothing to be ashamed of. What matters is that you try," said Mosura. Junior scoffed as he looked away.

"That's easy for you to say. The school pretty much worships the both of you. No one expects a whole lot out of you, even if you fail," said Junior.

"Hey, come on. We're normal students, just like you," said Mosura with a soft smile as she placed a hand on Junior's shoulder. The Transmutant merely hardened his eyes as he brushed Mosura's hand away.

"No. Some of us are anything but normal," said Junior as he limped back inside of his house. Mosura lightly frowned in response and followed the Transmutant inside as he sat down on the recliner.

"Gojira, Sunset is offering you her notes. She even volunteered to inform you of your assignment for the weekend! Do you really want to turn down an advantage being given to you by one of Ponyville High's brightest students?" asked Mosura as she placed on a persuasive voice. Junior merely looked at her in annoyance and then glanced at Sunset, who merely held her arms crossed with a scowl. He then sighed in response.

"May I please borrow the notes that you worked hard on?" asked Junior. Sunset smiled in approval as she made her way over to him.

"Sure. Don't worry about getting them back to me on the weekend. I finished my homework already in social studies," said Sunset as she handed him the note book. Junior took it in his hand and nodded to her.

"Thanks. I'll give them back to you on Monday," said Junior. Fluttershy turned to the side and noticed multiple pots and pans to be scattered on the kitchen floor.

"Ah. Don't mind the mess over there. I was getting dinner started for when my mother got home," said Junior as he shakily stood up and limped to the kitchen.

"I didn't know you cooked," said Mosura in surprise.

"I'm OK. Mom's a better cook, since she was raised on making meals for her family," said Junior as he picked up the cookware.

"Want some help?" asked Sunset. Junior scoffed.

"I may have broken bones, but I'm not handicapped," said Junior. Sunset merely scowled at his rude response.

"Fine. You don't have to get defensive about it," said Sunset.

"I'm not being defensive. I just don't need any help. Besides, I promised my mother that I'd be cooking dinner tonight," said Junior.

"But you shouldn't exert yourself. It'll take longer for you to recover!" said Fluttershy.

"Cool. Less shit at school that I have to put up with," said Junior. Sunset merely shook her head in response.

"Fine, we'll go. You're welcome for the notes," said Sunset as she left the house.

"Um...I-It was nice to see you again, Goji," said Fluttershy as she followed Sunset out the door.

"Yeah, as if I believe that," muttered Junior under his breath. Mosura merely looked at Junior with a frown as he limped to the cabinets to place the pans back inside.

"Mosura," called Junior.

"Yes?" asked Mosura. Junior turned to face her with a hard stare.

"You can't hide it forever,” said Junior. Mosura immediately turned away as she kept a calm expression.

"I won't have to. Things are going to change," said Mosura, before walking out the door, closing it behind herself.

"Ugh. Honestly, he can be such a jerk," said Sunset as she crossed her arms.

"I know. But, can you blame him?" said Mosura as she walked down the sidewalk. Sunset sighed.

"No, but he's only going to make it harder on himself with his attitude," said Sunset. Fluttershy turned back to the house and stared at it briefly.

"Fluttershy, are you coming?" asked Mosura. Fluttershy turned to the pair and shook her head.

"Actually, I live in this neighborhood," said Fluttershy.

"Oh, well that's convenient. Take care and thank you!" said Mosura with wave.

"See ya in school next week," said Sunset as she walked alongside Mosura. Fluttershy waved with a small smile. She then turned and made her way over to her house down the street. As she entered her home, she found her mother sitting on the couch, watching television.

"Hi, Mother!" greeted Fluttershy as she made her way over to Posie and planted a kiss on her cheek.

"Hello, sweetie. Glad you made it home safely," said Posie as she kissed her daughter's forehead. She then turned back to the television, watching the news.

"While there was no sign of any of the suspects, police are working diligently to find them," said a woman on the screen. She then cleared her throat as an image on her side appeared, showing a symbol of a human silhouette's head with a DNA helix on the forehead.

"In other news, the extremist group known as, "The Purists", have recently attacked a neighborhood in Prance, killing any Transmutant residents that could be found. Authorities failed to apprehend these attackers, but are growing more alert to prevent any future attacks," said the woman on the news. Posie turned off the TV, prompting Fluttershy to snap out of her trance at staring at the screen.

"Dear, why don't we get dinner started?" asked Posie.

"OK," said Fluttershy as she quickly ran to her room and began to remove her backpack

Chapters Next