• Published 17th Feb 2016
  • 10,646 Views, 581 Comments

Shy and Aggressive - Johng117



Fluttershy finds herself in one of the most unlikely of situations. She meets the top delinquent of Ponyville High. Not only that, he is also a freak to society.

  • ...
45
 581
 10,646

PreviousChapters Next
Anthology Chapter: Mosura's Crush

Mosura was sitting at the kitchen table in her home. Her eyes were glued to the screen of her laptop. The Transmutant was in the process of deleting old files that were taking up space in her computer. Meanwhile, Battra walked into the living room, adjusting the cushions on the couches to make them look more presentable.

"Hey Mosura, I'm thinking of just grabbing some pizza tonight for dinner. The damn meat still has a long way to go before it defrosts," said Battra as he placed the pillows onto the couch.

"I told you to not forget to take it out this morning," deadpanned Mosura as she took her eyes off the screen. Battra sighed heavily in response.

"I know," and Battra. Mosura shook her head.

"You can be so forgetful at times, whether it's your homework or getting dinner ready. It makes me worry about leaving you at home alone. Hurry up and get a girlfriend to marry!" said Mosura in a teasing manner. Battra rolled his eyes in response.

"Haha. Very funny. But you shouldn't talk. Last I checked, you weren’t involved in a romantic relationship either," said Battra.

"Ah. You'd miss me. Who'd be here to make sure you don't forget something while a boy takes me away?" Asked Mosura. As the girl went over to her picture files, she began to delete old pictures. Most of these were already on her social media page, so they wouldn't be lost forever. As Mosura continued to purge her laptop of unnecessary photos, she stopped as she came across one particular photo. It was fairly recent, depicting her, Rodan, Angirasu, and Junior together. The teens were standing together with smiles, albeit Junior was looking embarrassed. The boys were standing with the instruments that they used for the music showcase.

Mosura softly smiled to herself as she looked at the photo with her friends. They seemed much braver than she was in the face of humans with a prejudice towards their kind. All she ever did was hide who she was and now it blew up in her face. She briefly looked to her social media profile, finding her wall to have been filled with nasty comments from some of the students that she had befriended. They called the same ol' buzzwords that Anti-mutants always threw around. They even unfriended her immediately after they found out about her race. Mosura closed the window and went back to staring at the picture of her and her friends.

"How do you guys do it?" Mosura muttered to herself. She didn't notice Battra walking by, stealing a glance at her computer.

"Oh. When was this?" Asked Battra in curiosity.

"Hm? Ah. Like late last year. It was during our practice for the musical showcase at our school," answered Mosura.

"Oh." Battra scratched his head awkwardly as he glanced at his sister and the screen.

"Something wrong?" Asked Mosura.

"Im uh... I'm curious. What do you see in Gojira?" asked Battra. Mosura's face flushed brightly.

"Wha- I-"

"Don't deny it. I can tell that you're sweet on the guy," said Battra. Mosura looked away with a scowl.

"Jeez..." Mosura groaned.

"Come on. I just wanna know. I mean, I never thought you'd like someone as..." Battra paused. He couldn't think of the right word to describe Junior as nicely as possible.

'Hostile? No. Belligerent? Nah, that's worse,' thought Battra.

"Hard headed? “Asked Mosura. Battra gave a forced smile.

"Sure, let's go with that," said Battra. Mosura turned to face her brother in her seat.

"I know. Gojira can be rough around the edges. But there's something that I've always liked about him," said Mosura as her cheeks slightly warmed up.

"It started back during my freshmen year."


2 Years Ago...

It was early morning. Mosura was panting as she ran from home to school. She mentally berated herself for waking up late on the first day. Fortunately, she was making good time. Mosura found herself racing into the school. Her bangs covered her eye, prompting her to fiddle with the strands as she walked to her locker.

"Damn it. That's what I get for staying up late to watch my show," said Mosura. As she walked down the hall, she heard shouting. Mosura turned and found a male student to be stumbling to the ground while another student stood behind him. Another much larger student made his way over to him with an annoyed look.

"I told you that I wasn't gonna put up with your shit this year!" yelled the boy. His amber eyes were locked in a scowl, which looked ominous due to the short, spiky black hair casting a shadow over the boy’s face. He stood to be six feet, taller than the average Neighsian male, and had a strong build beneath his sweater. Mosura bore a worried look as a couple of students were present, hooting for a fight or just shouting for it to be broken up.

"Come at me then, tough guy! I've been waiting all summer to mop the floor with you in front of-" the second boy was silenced as the dark haired boy immediately slugged him in the face. Mosura flinched in alarm as the dark-haired boy grabbed the other by the jacket and tossed him to the ground. The first boy got up and retaliated with a couple of punches, but the dark haired boy raised his arms and blocked the punches like a boxer before jabbing his opponent in the jaw, causing him to stumble. He then shoved the boy to the ground and kicked him in the side. Mosura quickly ran to the pair as other students egged on the fighters. She got in between the boys, while the dark haired one was about to kick the other again.

"Stop!" Shouted Mosura. Junior merely narrowed his eyes at her, prompting the girl to nervously gulp. Other students looked on in shock and worry. A few looked like they were ready to jump in to take on the dark haired teen.

"It's the first day. There's no need for this," said Mosura as she stood her ground. The boy scoffed as he looked to the other that was standing up, wiping his bloody nose.

"Whatever," said the boy as he walked off with his hands in his pockets.

"This isn't over, Gojira! I'll kick your ass!" shouted the beaten boy, while Mosura held a hand in front of him as he attempted to follow the other teen.

"Fuck off, asshole!" shouted 'Gojira' as he walked off. Mosura sighed heavily.

"Some first day this is," said Mosura.


It was the noon. Mosura sighed heavily in disappointment as she sat at the cafeteria table with her lunch. Already, she was getting an assignment from one of her classes on the first day. She felt that it should be mandatory for classes to not assign any work on the first day to give students the chance to settle. She began to dig into her meal and noticed two unfamiliar girls. They appeared to be her age, but one of them bore short green hair and emerald eyes while the other bore short red hair with yellow highlights, giving her hair the appearance of fire. The two carried their trays of lunch over to the mostly empty table.

"Hey! Mind if we sit here?" asked the red haired girl. Mosura gulped as she stiffened. She slightly nodded, albeit shyly. She never was used to new faces approaching her on the first day, especially in a whole new school. The two girls took a seat across from Mosura.

"Man, I'm starving. I missed breakfast this morning," said the red haired girl as she began to dig into her lunch.

"Excuse my friend here. She might end up pigging out on her lunch," said the green haired girl as she looked to the Transmutant. Sunset scoffed.

"Shut up, Erika." chuckled the other girl as she nudged Erika. Mosura sat in an awkward silence as she slowly ate her lunch.

"Not very chatty, are you?" asked the red haired girl. Mosura slightly flinched in response.

"Just trying to eat," said Mosura with a forced smile.

"Ah no need to be nervous. We're all relaxed here. What's your name?" asked the girl.

"Mosura Yasu..." answered Mosura.

"Mosura. Nice to meet you. Sunset Shimmer," said the girl as she held a hand out to Mosura. The girls briefly shook hands.

"I'm Erika Shiragami," said the green haired girl. Mosura nodded with a small smile, relaxing a bit.

"Nice to meet you both," said Mosura.

“So, what do you think of the school so far?" asked Sunset in curiosity.

"I don't have much to say. Considering it’s my first day," said Mosura sheepishly.

"Heh. Same. I just hope the teachers here are competent enough. Or else I might have to be the one to teach," said Sunset. Erika looked at her in disapproval.

"Sunset..."

"I'm kidding. But seriously, I hope that the teachers aren't the kind of lazy ones that are poor at teaching. It's like, 'Why are you even a teacher'?" said Sunset. Mosura nodded.

"Yeah. I had a teacher like that back in Junior High. Barely went over the material with us," said Mosura. Sunset nodded.

"Exactly. That's why I think the best thing for students to do is to study the material ourselves," said Sunset as she took a bite out of her lunch. Mosura smiled.

"Doesn't sound like a bad idea," said Mosura. Her eyes then slightly widened as she noticed the same boy from earlier walking by with his lunch tray. A scowl was on his face. Sunset and Erika noticed her expression and looked to where she was looking.

"Isn't that the guy that started a fight this morning?" asked Erika.

"Yeah. I actually saw the fight," said Mosura as she watched the boy.

"That must have been scary. I heard that the other guy didn't even have a chance to hit back," said Erika with a shudder.

"Hey!" called Sunset, causing Mosura and Erika to flinch in alarm. The boy stopped in his tracks and looked to where the voice came from. He found Sunset to be waving at him with a smile. The boy's face contorted. His lips tightened, and his brows furrowed. He quickly looked away and moved on away. Sunset scowled with an offended look.

"Hmph. Not even a wave back," said Sunset as she turned back in her seat.

"I guess not everyone is interested in making nice," said Sunset.


It has been a couple of days. Mosura found herself to be quickly adjusting to the new school. The assignments came quick, as expected. However, that was the least of her worries as she stood before a locker that was vandalized. Black spray paint was decorated over the locker door. The word 'Mutie' was in bold, staring in Mosura's face. A grimace was on the young teenager's face as her palms began to sweat. She subconsciously held her left wrist as she kept staring at the locker.

Since it was only recently that Transmutants were integrated into public schools along human students, there were a number of displeased individuals. Even some students that lived under the same kind of prejudice ideals against Transmutants had picked up on this.

As Mosura continued to stare at the locker, she grunted as she felt someone bump into her. She turned and found a rainbow haired girl to be stumbling, looking as though she were in a hurry.

"Sorry ‘bout that!" said the girl as she continued to run off.

"It's... Fine," said Mosura, realizing the girl was already long gone. She turned back to look at the locker. She immediately regretted the action, feeling an unpleasant sensation in her stomach. She quickly turned away and walked off. Mosura came up to her math class, where she took a seat at her desk. Her expression was gloomy. She hated seeing things like what she saw. It was upsetting to her to know that some people held those kinds of feelings about her and Transmutants. No, including herself among the others of being discriminated against was not accurate. After all, she was hiding her status as a Transmutant. She pondered if she really had any right to feel the same as the owner of the vandalized locker. A girl suddenly planted her hands on Mosura's desk, startling her out of her thoughts.

"Hey Mosura, I need your help," said the girl urgently.

"Wh-What's wrong?' asked Mosura, settling down, although a bit concerned.

"I couldn't finish my homework because I couldn't understand some of it. I hate to bug you, but you mind helping me?" asked the girl. Mosura looked to the clock. It was still early, and class wouldn't begin just yet.

"Sure. I'll do what I can," said Mosura with a nod. The girl quickly drew out her book and homework and sat next to Mosura. She began to prod Mosura with questions, who explained the material to her, the best that she could.

"Ah I get it! You're pretty smart! Thanks a ton!" said the girl greatfully. Mosura nodded with a bashful smile.

"No problem. Happy that I could help," said Mosura. Suddenly, a couple of students began to pop up seemingly out of nowhere.

"Hey! You mind helping me out too?" asked a boy.

"Me too!" chirped another girl. Mosura suddenly found a few more students beginning to crowd her desk, requesting her help.

"Wait! Wait! I-I don't-" Mosura attempted to talk over the small crowd over her.


It was 4:30. Mosura sighed tiredly as she walked through the school hallway. Her stature slightly hunched. She had just spent an hour and a half after school helping some of her classmates with the subject. She didn't necessarily mind helping, but it proved to be exhausting. Not to mention she was looking forward to heading home earlier. But now, she was finally free to leave. Mosura continued down the hall, only to stop once she saw a familiar face. She quickly hid by a corner and peeked over to find the same dark-haired boy she saw on the first day. An annoyed look was on his face as he fiddled with the lock to his locker. Mosura suddenly felt a tap on her shoulder, prompting her to sharply gasp and turn with her arms raised. She relaxed as she found her older brother Battra to be smiling in amusement.

"Just me, sis," said Battra. Mosura looked at him in annoyance.

"Don't sneak up on me like that!" Said Mosura as she punched Battra's chest.

"Ow," chuckled Battra.

"So, what are you still doing here?" Asked Mosura.

"Waiting on you. No way am I letting you ride the walk home yourself," said Battra.

"It's fine. You really didn't have to," said Mosura.

"I know. I just... I worry. Ever since mom and dad..." Battra noticed Mosura looking away. A bitter expression was on her face. Battra sighed.

"I'm just looking out for you," said Battra.

"What about you? Who's looking out for you?" questioned Mosura.

"You of course," said Battra. Mosura sighed as her expression softened. She then stiffened as the boy she was spying on came around the corner, walking by.

"Goddamn assholes. They're always-" the boy grumbled to himself as he walked by. Battra noticed Mosura seemingly to be attempting to pretend that she didn't notice the boy.

"Oh. So, you've met him?" Asked Battra.

"Not really," said Mosura, relaxing a bit as the boy left the area. At most she briefly encountered him.

"In any case, I'd stay away from him. I heard some freshmen say that kid has quite a reputation. He's a real delinquent. Some Transmutants that started attending this school knew him in junior high. Gojira Takeshi, I think his name was," said Battra.

"I'll be sure to keep that in mind," said Mosura.


The following few months were rather quick. Mosura continued to find herself helping her classmates struggle with their homework, earning her praise and thankfulness from her peers. The girl found herself staring at a basket in on her desk, carrying some sweets. She looked to a couple of her classmates in confusion.

"What's this?" asked Mosura.

"Well, some of us decided to pitch in and came up with this basket for helping us get through the quarter," said a girl.

"I... I can't accept this," said Mosura.

"Oh, come on! You deserve it! Thanks to you, I managed to understand some of this crap better. You're the smartest one in class!" said another girl. Mosura looked away in flattery.

"No, I'm certain there are others in school that could help you better than I. Even I sometimes get frustrated with math," said Mosura.

“Yeah but how many of them are willing to stay after school to help us? You should be getting paid to tutor!" said one of the girls.

"No, I helped you guys because I wanted to. I don't need any kind of compensation. I'm just happy that I was able to help at all," said Mosura.

"Well, you gotta at least accept the gift basket," said one of the girls as she pushed the basket towards Mosura. The Transmutant knew that they wouldn't take no for an answer. Plus, it would seem rude to decline something they pitched in to give to her as a gift.

"Well... would it be alright if we shared the sweets? I think we all deserve a treat for our hard work, right?" suggested Mosura. The girls smiled in response.

Later, Mosura found herself walking to her brother's locker during passing period. She slid a bar of chocolate with a note attached inside of the narrow slits. That was all that was left from the sweets basket after Mosura had shared the contents in the gift basket. It touched her heart that some of her classmates had come up with something that thoughtful. She wasn't even expecting anything in return. She found herself on friendly terms with her classmates from other classes, offering her assistance whenever needed. The fact that she was able to make others feel good made herself feel good as well. It gave her pleasure knowing that she could do these things. But, she began to feel heavy in her heart. She wondered if they would treat her as kindly if they were to learn that she was a Transmutant or if they would scorn her. Mosura wanted to reveal herself to her peers, but deep down she feared that they would quickly turn on her and ridicule her very being. She knew that her heart wouldn't be able to take it. Mosura noticed Gojira Takeshi to be walking through the hall, with a red-haired boy to be walking after him, covered in bruises.

"Hurry up, dumbass. Let's get you to the nurse," said Gojira as the red-haired boy winced while rubbing his face.

"You're a douche, you know that?" asked the boy as the two passed by. Mosura narrowed her eyes as Gojira passed by. The past couple of months were filled with news of conflict involving Takeshi occurring at least once or twice a week and at least thrice on bad days. It looked like today was no different. She wondered what that jerk did to that poor boy.

"Maybe Transmutants would have a better image if ones like him weren't ruining it for us," muttered Mosura as she stormed off.


The next day...

Mosura was standing in the hallway of school in silence. An annoyed look was on her face. She found a couple of students walking by, covered in bruises.

"Jeez. That Gojira guy is a fuckin' psycho," said one of the boys.

"Yeah. He's relentless," said one of the other boys. During this, Mosura noticed that Gojira was being escorted through hall by campus security and Vice Principal Luna. Gojira bore bruises over his face. Mosura shook her head and wondered how someone could be so belligerent. It began to concern her on what he could end up doing next. Mosura noticed a familiar face. Just further down the hall, she spotted the red-haired boy from the previous day. He bore faded bruises and a bandage on his cheek. He bore a hard expression as he kept his arms crossed. Mosura began to make her way over to him.

"Hey, you!" called Mosura. The boy looked her way and quickly wiped off his expression and uncrossed his arms.

"Yo! What's up?" greeted the boy in an upbeat tone.

"I don't mean to be nosy, but I'm curious. I saw you the other day roughed up. Did... Did Gojira hurt you?" asked Mosura.

"Goji? No way! I got these from those roughed up jokers that passed by," said the boy.

"Really?" asked Mosura in surprise.

"Oh yeah. I pissed one of them off. It's stupid and was an honest mistake," said the boy with a chuckle. He then sighed as he shook his head. "Gojira ended up confronting them about the whole thing, which I told him to forget about. And as you might have noticed, it escalated."

"I see. So, he was actually taking you to the nurse's office? And he was confronting the guys that attacked you?" asked Mosura.

"Well yeah. I'll be real with you, Goji can be a dick, but not enough to beat someone up and drag them to the nurse's office to rub in your face. That's more of a sociopathic thing, right?" Chuckled the red-haired boy.

"But in all seriousness. He's cool. Just got a chip on his shoulder," said red haired boy. Mosura bore a slightly guilty look. She assumed that Gojira attacked this boy and was the instigator of the fight with those other boys, when he was merely sticking up for a fellow student.

"By the way, I'm Rodan Shou," said the boy as he took on a suave tone.

"Oh. Mosura Yasu," greeted Mosura with a warm smile. Rodan stepped close to her as he leaned against the wall.

"Nice to meet ya. So Mosura, you single?" asked Rodan. Mosura slightly backed away with an odd look.

"I-I'm sorry?" asked Mosura.

"Just curious. I mean I've seen a lot of good looking girls, but you're a goddess among them," said Rodan as he bounced his brows flirtatiously.

"Uh... I uh. Oh, look at the time! I gotta get going for class! See ya around!" said Mosura as she briskly walked off, with an embarrassed look. Rodan groaned.

"Why God? Why can I not just once score with a pretty girl?" Asked Rodan in dismay.


Mosura was sitting at her desk for her last class. She was lost in her own thoughts. What she had learned led her to question what she knew about Gojira. Even more so when the rumor that he was the one that started the fight earlier came up. The way Rodan talked about him seemed to indicate that he at least knew Gojira personally and his story didn't match the rumor. Mosura didn’t doubt Rodan's honesty since he seemed sincere. That left the rumors about Gojira. She questioned how many of them were entirely factual or misunderstandings or even lies. After all, her own assumption wasn't accurate towards the situation. The same could be the same for others. When the class ended, Mosura stood up and walked down the hall, prepared to go home before she came across the cafeteria. Inside, she noticed a few students sitting at the tables for detention. Gojira was sitting alone, propping his chin up as he wrote in a notebook, presumably for homework. Mosura's expression lightly softened.


The next morning had come. Mosura was strolling down to the school. Battra usually got up sooner before her to attend a class period that occurred prior to other classes. It was to help him gain more credits for school while also using some of the extra time to get some work done. If things go well, he might be able to take off early without a sixth period class during his Senior year coming up next. So Mosura was on her own to walk to school. As the Transmutant continued onto school, she couldn't help but think back to Gojira. She had been smacked by another side of the story regarding him. With that, she began to question what she really knew about the boy. He was aggressive, by what she had seen and just by being near him. Mosura's psychic abilities, although weak at her age, were able to pick up the aggression that his brain puts out. And there was a lot of it. Yet Rodan vouched for him not being a bad guy. As Mosura was walking by the park, she heard laughing.

"Aw, dude! You missed!" said a teenage boy. Mosura stopped and turned in curiosity. Her eyes widened in shock as she sighted three boys. These boys were standing several feet away from the sandbox, where a small cat was buried underneath with its head exposed. The cat meowed helplessly as it flinched from rocks being hurled its way. Mosura's expression hardened. Her fists were clenched as the boys laughed while continuing to hurl rocks at the buried cat. She had zero tolerance to anyone acting cruelly, especially to animals. Mosura began to step to the park as a furious look was on her face.

"Hey!" A voice shouted, but it wasn’t Mosura's. She stopped as she saw Gojira Takeshi walking over to the sand box with his backpack hanging from his left shoulder. He bore a hard expression as he stood next to the sandbox, where the cat meowed helplessly.

"What do you think you're doing?!" demanded Gojira.

"What? We're just having a little fun," said one of the boys. Gojira's brow twitched.

"Fun? You're throwing rocks at a helpless animal!" yelled Gojira angrily. Mosura stood by, observing in surprise. The male Transmutant knelt and began to move sand away from the cat's neck and proceeded to carefully pull it out. The cat meowed as it dangled its little paws above the ground.

"There you go, little guy," said Gojira. Mosura looked on with a smile appearing on her face.

"Oh wow," whispered Mosura as she felt her cheeks warm up. Gojira gently set the cat down, allowing it to run off. He then rose up to his feet and looked to the other boys with narrowed eyes.

"I really feel like kicking your asses right now. But you're lucky that I'm trying to get to school early today. So, I better not catch you guys doing something like that again," said Gojira as he turned and walked off. Mosura was surprised at how he was choosing not to engage them in a fight. She herself wasn't going to have it for a second and was close to handing their asses to them on a platter. She wasn't intimidated by the fact that they outnumbered her and were boys. She was a Transmutant, and was stronger than the average girl and boy combined. So, she had no concern if they were to try and intimidate her for stepping in. Nevertheless, she admired how Gojira was choosing to walk the other way this time. However, Gojira grunted as three rocks struck him in the back, much to Mosura's alarm. She hadn't even noticed that the boys threw the rocks at him.

"Heh..." Gojira softly chuckled as he shook his head. He then turned and proceeded to walk over to the boys. He bore a look of amusement mixed with annoyance.

"Y-You know, I uh... Mm." Gojira's brows crinkled as he attempted to keep his composure.

"I uh... heh. I tried to walk the other way. But uh... yeah, you decided to fuck with me. Now I gotta hurt you," said Gojira. He then slugged the closest boy in the nose, causing Mosura to flinch. The boys suddenly began to swing their fists at the Transmutant, who took a few punches but ultimately retaliated with stronger ones.

"Yeah, you like picking on cats?! How's messing with someone your own size?!" shouted Gojira as he effortlessly knocked the boys down to the ground. The Transmutant scoffed as he began to walk away as the boys writhed in pain.

"Goddamn cowards," said Gojira in disdain. Mosura quickly hid by a bush as the Transmutant came her way to leave the park. She watched as he passed by. While it was tense and brutal to see the fight, Mosura couldn't help but approve of it. After all, those boys were real scumbags for treating that cat the way they did. Mosura couldn't help but think he was amazing for standing up for the poor kitty. She never imagined him being the caring type of person.


It was after school. Mosura was walking home from school. She had come across the park again and noticed Gojira to be present. He was kneeling by some bushes as he sat a can of cat food down. Mosura couldn't help but watch as the cat from earlier emerged from the bushes, sniffing the cat food cautiously. It then began to feed. She noticed Gojira cracking a small smile as he watched the cat eat.

"Eat up. You look like you don't eat a whole lot," said Gojira as he lightly scratched the cat's head. Mosura stared in fascination from afar. She never knew that he had a gentler side. Just goes to show that she really didn't even know him.


A couple of weeks had gone by. Gojira was digging through his locker. He found a plastic bag filled with canned food inside with a cat logo on it. The Transmutant reached inside and grabbed one of the cans from the bag and placed it into his back pack.

"Yo!" Rodan called. Gojira quickly shut his locker.

"What is it?" questioned Gojira with an annoyed look. Rodan bore an odd look as he briefly looked at the locker.

"Uh... Some of the guys at the lunch table are hanging out at the cafe. You wanna come?" asked Rodan.

"No, I'm good," said Gojira as he zipped up his bag.

"Come on, dude. We should hang out for once," said Rodan.

"I said I'm good. Besides, I have somewhere to be," said Gojira in annoyance.

"Ah. I see," said Rodan with a chuckle. Gojira raised a brow.

"You're gonna see a girl," said Rodan. Gojira snorted.

"No. That's ridiculous," said Gojira.

"Then what's keeping you from hanging out with bros?" asked Rodan.

"Don't worry about it! Jeez, can a guy have some privacy in his life?" asked Gojira in annoyance. He then began to walk off.

"I'll see you around," said Gojira as he left Rodan.

"What a hard case," said Rodan with a sigh. As Gojira walked out of the building, he passed by the Wondercolt statue, where Sunset, Erika and Mosura were standing. They noticed the male Transmutant to be speed walking off of school grounds.

"Hmm. He looks to be in a hurry," said Sunset.

"Yeah," said Mosura. Though unlike Erika and Sunset, she wasn't ignorant of Gojira's rush. She noticed how he seemed to have been carrying something in his locker. Every time she passed it, she would come across a strange smell. Even now she can pick it up from his backpack as he passed by. She has come across the scent at least several times prior in her lifetime. And for it to be consistent as it was hinted at one thing.

Later, Mosura was once again on her way home. She was heading near the park that was close by. The Transmutant thought of Gojira's recent behavior. Lately, she noticed that the boy hadn't gotten into much fights lately. Usually they happened during lunch or after school, but now there seemed to be a decrease in conflict. It seemed to be due to the cat. Mosura was no fool. She knew the boy was visiting the small feline every chance he got as evident of the smell of cat food from his locker and bag. It seemed to have placed him in a routine that's caused him to avoid confrontation and improve his mood a bit. Heck, even when she passed him in the hall, Mosura didn't feel as much tension as she did prior.

"Maybe... I should approach him for once," said Mosura to herself. But that was crazy. She's nothing more than a stranger to Gojira. How would he react when some random girl approached him from nowhere? The thought made Mosura's stomach tighten. But it really shouldn't be a big deal. After all, she had yet to make any enemies. And Gojira seemed to be capable of civility after all. But the idea of talking to him made her heart race. She thought she was just nervous because of Gojira's aggressive personality. However, she didn't feel fearful. Rather, it was shyness.

Mosura was shy during her first few days in school. Yet she was able to get over that once she settled in school and met with some friendly faces. But, this was a guy…a rather attractive guy. He had a bit of a rugged look and a way that he carried himself with confidence that Mosura couldn't help but find attractive. But aside from his appearance, there was something that she learned that made her heart flutter. It's the lighter side to him. She hadn't seen it much, but she could tell that Gojira had a hidden gentle side to him when it came to that cat he saved. And the fact that he stood up for Rodan showed her how he was not one to tolerate bullies, along with his willingness to stick up for others. He was like a black knight, a rogue who followed his own rules and had his own sense of kindness and chivalry, unlike the knight that does the bidding for his lord. Or rather in this case, Gojira was an aggressive anti-social teen that is softer under his rugged shell.

As Mosura made her way passed the park, she decided to take the opportunity to speak to the Transmutant. To hell with it, she thought. If Gojira was approachable, then there was no reason not to. As she came to the park, she noticed Gojira to be sitting on a bench. His head was lowered. Mosura noticed that he bore a sad look. It was then that she saw that the Transmutant had something resting on his lap. It was the cat. With its fur ragged, and stained with blood. Gojira's sweater acted as a blanket for it to rest on in his arms. Mosura stared in shock.

"What... what happned?" asked Mosura breathlessly. Gojira heard her but did not acknowledge her presence. He kept his eyes on the cat, which lightly twitched in his arms, as its eyes focused on him.

"I didn't see it happen. I just heard tires screeching. I smelled blood. Fuck," said Gojira as he lightly scratched the cat's ear, which only slightly moved. Mosura began to approach closely and took a seat on the bench. She felt herself tearing up as she stared at the dying cat.

"A vet can't fix him. I... I can only make him comfortable," said Gojira softly. He shook his head bitterly.

"I was gonna take him home today. I was gonna give him to a family friend. He..." Gojira sniffled as he leaned his head back. Mosura was silent. She wanted to offer comforting words, but she couldn't think of any. She didn't think that there was anything that she could say to bring comfort.

"Gojira..."

"He's dead," said Gojira. Mosura's eyes slightly widened. She looked down at the cat, finding its eyes closed.

"He stopped breathing. I can't even hear his heart beat," said Gojira. Mosura reached out to touch his shoulder but he stood up, prompting her to retract. Gojira made his way over to a tree as he carried the cat in his arms. He gently set it down and made his way over to the sand box. With an empty large water bottle, he began to gather sand. He proceeded to make a few trips where he poured the gathered sand onto the body of the cat at the base of the tree. Soon, he buried the cat in sand, where he gently patted the mound. Mosura watched as he was kneeling at the burial.

"You deserved better than this, buddy," whispered Junior as a tear fell from his cheek. Mosura sniffled as she wiped her eyes. Gojira stood up with his sweater and bag. He proceeded to walk away with his eyes hot and puffy. Mosura was about to call out to him but the boy was already out of the park. The girl looked back at the small mound of dirt that lied at the base of the tree. Sadness was on her face, but that paled compared to what she sensed in Gojira.


Present Day...

"After that... he ended up getting back to what he did," said Mosura with a heavy sigh. Battra was sitting at the table, listening to his sister.

"Although he didn't show it at school, I could tell that he was hurting a lot. That cat was special to him. I guess... being how he was... it was the closest interaction he had where the subject wasn't afraid or wanted to beat him up," chuckled Mosura.

"In the end, I was no different from those that judged him as a bad guy. I'm ashamed of it. But since then, I've seen him act chivalrous, kind, and loyal. Things I never knew he was. And I just... I fell for that," said Mosura as her cheeks lightky flushed.

"Hmm." Battra hummed to himself as he looked at the picture in his sister's laptop.

Meanwhile, in the park, Junior was standing before a tree. He looked around the park as the breeze blew through the trees. He then looked to the base of the tree before him. A soft expression was on his face as he looked at the ground.

PreviousChapters Next