• Published 17th Feb 2016
  • 10,675 Views, 581 Comments

Shy and Aggressive - Johng117



Fluttershy finds herself in one of the most unlikely of situations. She meets the top delinquent of Ponyville High. Not only that, he is also a freak to society.

  • ...
45
 581
 10,675

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 11: The Stress

With the morning weekend, there was always something at home that needed to be taken care of. Fluttershy had made it a habit to help her mother to maintain their home from cleaning to watering the plants and to feeding the family pet. It was one of the best ways that Fluttershy thought she could spend time with her mother. The two had just finished with their chores, leaving their home spotless. Posey nodded in approval.

"Good work, sweetie. Now, why don't we just have lunch and relax," said Posey as she looked at her daughter with a smile. Fluttershy smiled back and nodded.

"Sure," said Fluttershy. The pair spent the next couple of minutes preparing a few sandwiches, which bore tomatoes, cucumbers, and lettuce. Fluttershy tended to not have anything with meat, given her love for animals. A vegetarian diet was all that she needed. The two sat outside together on their porch eating their lunch. They took in the fresh air and sounds that the outdoors had to offer in this early noon.

"So Fluttershy, how's the neighbor boy? Gojira was it?" asked Posey. Fluttershy slightly stiffened at the sudden mention of their neighbor by her mother. She wasn't expecting him to be brought up.

"Oh. W-Well, I haven't heard from him since Friday. I guess he likes to stay in doors on weekends," said Fluttershy.

"That's a shame. It's a lovely day," said Posey as she took a bite out of her sandwich. Fluttershy glanced over to the house of her neighbor and bore a look of thought. Surely the Transmutant had to come out of his home sometimes on the weekends. But, she then had another thought creep into her mind.

'Maybe I should visit him myself,' thought Fluttershy. She then lightly flushed to herself as she went back to eating.

'But wouldn't that be weird of me to do? Maybe I should wait until tomorrow to see him at school,' thought Fluttershy as she timidly ate while contemplating her move. Her eyes slightly widened as she heard a door opening. She turned her head back to the Takeshi house hold and found Miwa walking out the door. She made her way over to her car but then stopped as caught sight of Fluttershy.

"Hello neighbors!" greeted Miwa.

"Oh, hello!" greeted Posey with a smile. Fluttershy waved to the woman.

"Hi, Mrs. Takeshi," greeted Fluttershy. She looked towards the door curiously.

"Um... How's Gojira?" asked Fluttershy. Miwa cleared her throat as she took on a slight uncomfortable expression.

"He's... Well, he's fine. He's at the hospital right now though," said Miwa. Fluttershy took on a look of worry as her shoulders slumped at the thought of someone close to her being currently at the hospital.

"Oh my goodness. Is he alright?" asked Posey.

"Oh, yeah. He just needed an operation for his back. He's recovering right now and I was just on my way to visit him," said Miwa. Fluttershy stood up abruptly.

"Um... Would it be alright if I came with you to see him?" asked Fluttershy. Miwa gave her a warm smile and nodded to her.

"Sure, as long as your mother is OK with it," said Miwa. Posey nodded in response.

"Of course. You go on ahead and visit you friend, sweetheart," said Posey. Fluttershy smiled brightly and planted a kiss onto her mother's cheek. She gasped as a thought came to her mind and rushed into her house to grab a small zip-lock bag. She then came back outside and placed one of the sandwiches inside.

"Do you think it'd be alright to bring this for him?" asked Fluttershy.

"They might not be fine with it. Buuut..." Miwa took the bag and hid it in her sweater.

"They don't have to know about it," said Miwa with a wink. Fluttershy smiled in response.


Junior was lying down in bed of the hospital with a bored expression. His lower back was stitched up from the surgery that he had to remove the dead tissue. Still, his trip to the hospital was filled with the unpleasant news. His inhibitor chip was damaged from all of the bruises he received in the recent two weeks, allowing his Transmutant abilities to slip out at minor levels. They seemed to have gotten worse since his skin on his hand felt itchy and almost thick lately. He glanced at his right hand and found a few rough bumps around his knuckles. He couldn't control his transformation, given that he never learned how to do it since the inhibitor chip always prevented him from doing so. He only experienced minor changes to his body when he was under a lot of stress. This happened twice, one from the time he suffered from his injuries during the car accident, and second when he was fighting three Revolutionaries to save Fluttershy. Now, it was the news of the trouble that he would be in if anyone found out that his inhibitor chip was damaged. He wondered what the girls in the club would think of him knowing that he had a bit more freedom to use some of his Transmutant abilities at any time that he pleased. The thought made his stomach turn. Junior gasped as he found his hand darkening into a charcoal grey as his mammalian flesh hardened into scales. Junior immediately hid his hand under his blanket and kept his eyes forward.

"I gotta clear my head. Maybe some T.V. will help," said Junior as he reached for the remote on the side of his bed and clicked on it. The television that hung on the wall clicked to life, displaying its picture. An old film of a man crying out in agony as he clutched his head was shown. A full moon was revealed and the man's body grew in size while sprouted fur all over his body, transforming into a werewolf that howled into the night. Junior immediately changed the channel and switched to a film where humanoid fish monsters terrorized a small town of humans. Again, Junior changed the channel. He continued to change the channel as he found movies ranging from a man turning into a fly, to people turning into the living dead. Junior scowled as he changed the channel again.

"There is an awful lot of monster movies being shown today," said Junior. He turned off the television and then tossed the remote to the side with a sigh.

"Meh. Too much TV will rot your brain anyway," said Junior as he lied back down. The remote hung on the edge of the dresser, but then suddenly fell over onto the ground. The TV clicked on again, but this time away from the channels that mostly showed films. Instead, footage of a military jeep driving across the beach of an island was shown.

"Loadin' up my jeep like I'm going on vacation. No, it's not C4 I don't like abbreviation. The ladies they all love me, you know ain't no one above me. Got that J double E, P, S, T, U double F. No you're not worthy of me," rapped a man that bore a southern-esque accent in his voice. Junior looked at the screen in confusion.

"ridin' round town with my jeep stuff, jeep stuff. makin' my rounds with my jeep stuff, jeep stuff. Takin' out clowns with my jeep stuff, jeep stuff. ridin' round town with my..." the song played as a series of jeeps exploding against tanks as the driver bailed out of the vehicle while detonating explosives. The song immediately cut to a stop while displayed an album with a soldier with a helmet and several bullets hanging around his neck was displayed.

"Get Neebs's newest album, Jeep Stuff! Available now!" said a man's voice over the commercial. Junior looked at the screen in confusion.

"Wha... What the hell is jeep stuff?" asked Junior. He sighed as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"The things people come up with," said Junior. He then began to lean over the bed.

"Come here you stupid controller. I'm going back to sleep," strained Junior as he reached over the edge of his bed. He yelped as he felt a sharp pain in his back.

"Ow! Still tender!" yelped Junior as he pulled himself back onto the bed. He groaned in annoyance as the television continued on. He furrowed his brows as he took on a look of determination. He leaned back over the bed as a show about singers played. A woman was shown sitting on a seat as three teenage girls sat on their own seats near her.

"We're back here with our show! Today, we have three special guests with us this afternoon. Adagio Dazzle, Sonata, and Aria Blaze. The Dazzlings!" said the woman as she gestured to the teens. An applause came from the audience in the studio for the three girls that sat. The girl with a pony tail smiled as she waved to the crowd while a girl with violet hair and pig tails lamely waved. A third girl with puffy and curly hair embraced the applause as she waved the crowd as well with a smile and blew kisses to the crowd. The crowd began to calm down, allowing the show to go on.

"Damn you gravity!" said Junior as he continued to lean over the bed, attempting to reach for the remote. He was oblivious to the show that was on, interviewing Cynthia's favorite pop singers.

"Adagio tell us, now that your trio's tour is through, what's next for you ladies?" asked the woman.

"Well, it's been a great four years since we started. But the girls and I have been talking and well..." Adagio cleared her throat.

"We decided that we're going to take a break from all of this music life. So, we're going to be on Hiatus with any new songs and tours for a while," said Adagio. A few moans of disappointment came from the crowd. The girl with the pony tail leaned forward with a sad smile.

"Aww. We'll miss you all too!" said Sonata. Junior growled as he attempted to reach for the remote. He suddenly slipped and fell out of bed, falling on the cold ground.

"Ow!" yelped Junior.

"Yes well, hopefully not too much. I want some time to relax without Sonata here crying about missing our fans," said Aria as she pointed a thumb to Sonata.

"Oh, you'll miss them too!" said Sonata.

"Well, we do hope that you ladies enjoy your break," said the woman interviewing them. Junior raised his hand and turned off the TV with a sigh. He looked at his hand, finding that it was back to normal. His distraction may have allowed his stress to go down a bit to the point where his hand reverted to normal.

"Ugh. I'm too lazy and in too much pain to get up. Maybe I'll just sleep down here," said Junior with an exhausted tone. Suddenly, his ears perked as he heard the door open. Junior turned to the side and found multiple feet standing by the door.

"Mr. Takeshi? Are you in the bathroom? You have visitors," said a nurse. Junior raised his hand.

"No, I'm down here," said Junior in a mellow tone. He heard multiple gasps from the door. He heard footsteps rushing his way and found his mother, Fluttershy and Nurse Red Heart coming to where he had fallen.

"What happened?! Are you alight?!" exclaimed Miwa as she and the nurse knelt next to Junior and helped him up.

"I dropped the remote and I couldn't turn off the TV. I tried to reach it but I ended up joining the remote," said Junior with a grunt as he was helped back onto bed. Redheart and Miwa looked at him in disapproval.

"Call a nurse next time!" they scolded Junior in unison. The Transmutant shrunk back in response.

"OK," said Junior in a small tone. Redheart sighed in response.

"Well, I'll leave you three alone," said Redheart as she walked out of the room. Junior lied himself back in bed and found his mother looking out to the door while Fluttershy closed it.

"Psst. Hey, how's the food?" whispered Miwa.

"It's crap," deadpanned Junior. Miwa smirked as she pulled out the sandwich that Fluttershy had given her.

"Fluttershy brought you some lunch from home," said Miwa with a wink. Junior looked at Fluttershy in surprise, who timidly waved in response.

"Wow. Thanks," said Junior with a smile.

"Mm hmm. I just thought I'd bring something here for you while you were recovering," said Fluttershy. Miwa handed Junior the sandwich, which he took and ate.

'No meat, but it sure beats what I've been eating this morning,' thought Junior. As he ate, Miwa glanced at him and then Fluttershy. An idea formed in her mind.

"Hey, I'm going to the bathroom. You two stay here and chat," said Miwa as she walked out of the room. As she left, Junior raised a brow.

"There's a bathroom right here," said Junior as he pointed to a door near his bed. Fluttershy shrugged in response. Then, her eyes widened when the realization that she was alone with the Transmutant clicked with her mind. She looked down at the ground with her hands on her lap.

"So... How have you been?" asked Fluttershy.

"Bored out of my mind and in pain. Other than that, fine," said Junior with a sigh.

"I'm sorry. What was wrong with your back?" asked Fluttershy. Junior avoided eye contact.

"Uh... Nothing too serious. Back was just hurting is all," said Junior. Fluttershy looked at him in reluctance.

"It had to have been serious if you needed surgery for your back," said Fluttershy. Junior sighed heavily.

"Well it's just... No, I don't think you'd understand," said Junior as he looked away. Fluttershy looked at him in confusion.

"Huh? What do you mean by that?" asked Fluttershy.

"Nothing. Just forget it," said Junior. Fluttershy scooted closer to him with her chair.

"You can tell me. What's-" Fluttershy was interrupted as Junior sent her a look of annoyance. Fluttershy slightly shrunk back. Junior sighed as he calmed his expression.

"I'm sorry. I just don't want to talk about it right now, alright? It's nothing too serious, I promise," said Junior. Fluttershy nodded reluctantly. The two were locked in an awkward silence. Fluttershy was able to tell that the Transmutant was distressed. But for whatever reason, he wouldn't tell her. So, she scooted closer to him and brought a hand over his. Junior's eyes slightly widened in surprise and turned to find Fluttershy looking down at her lap with a light blush. She firmly held his hand.

"If... If you're having some trouble, you don't have to keep it to yourself. I'm around to listen to you. That is if you want me to," said Fluttershy. Junior looked away with a light frown. He wanted to believe her, but for the life of him he couldn't bring himself to with his new situation regarding his inhibitor chip. Yet, he couldn't automatically shoot her down after all the kindness she’s shown him so far.

"I'll... keep that in mind," said Junior with a soft smile. Fluttershy smiled brightly in response. She gasped as a thought came to her mind.

"Um... One more thing. Gojira, would you mind becoming a volunteer for the animal shelter? It's only three times a week. That is if you don't mind," said Fluttershy. Junior looked up at the ceiling in thought. It wouldn't be the first time he helped with the animal shelter. He shrugged in response.

"Eh. Sure, why not? It wouldn't hurt," said Junior. Fluttershy felt her heart leap with joy. Maybe this way, she could get to know the Transmutant more.


Meanwhile...

Mosura lied down on her bed in silence. She scrunched up her bare toes as she texted away on her phone. She sat up from her bed with a look of boredom plastered on her face. The Transmutant got up from her bed and left her bedroom. She walked down the hall and knocked on the door of her brother's room.

"Come in," called Battra, his voice muffled from behind the door. Mosura entered the bedroom and found her older brother lying down in bed with a book in his hands. Mosura smiled as she hopped on his bed, causing it to rock. She lied her head against Battra's belly.

"Need something?" asked Battra.

"Not really. I'm just bored. I thought I'd hang out with you," said Mosura as she snuggled against her brother.

"Well, I'm certainly flattered," replied Battra as he turned the page on his book. Mosura sighed as she held her hands against her belly. Her heart fluttered in her chest as she thought back to her experience at the Fall Formal with Junior.

"Hey big bro, can I ask you something?" asked Mosura.

"Hmm?" answered Battra as continued reading.

"Um... Have you... Have you ever had a crush on someone before?" asked Mosura. Battra glanced at his sister and found her flushing to herself.

"Um... Maybe once or twice. Why?" asked Battra with a hint of worry in his voice.

"No reason. Just curious. Have you ever admitted your crush to anyone?" asked Mosura.

"Never. I was afraid that I'd be rejected," said Battra. Mosura bit her lip as she pondered his response.

"Well, I think you could have had your feelings returned by these crushes. You're a good guy. And a good brother," said Mosura. Battra cracked a small smile.

"You're sweet. But a relationship isn't for me right now," said Battra. Mosura sighed as she looked up to the ceiling.

"I... I think I might have a crush on someone," said Mosura in a soft tone. Battra's eyes widened in response.

"I-Is that a fact?" asked Battra in a calm voice. Mosura nodded.

"Yeah. I've had it for a while. But I don't know how to approach it," said Mosura.

"Um... What's his name?" asked Battra in reluctance. He himself was frightened to know who exactly his little sister had fallen head over heels for.

"Oh. Well uh..." Mosura's cheeks flared up as she bore a bashful smile.

"It's kind of odd. But really, he's a nice guy. He's..." Mosura cleared her throat as she twiddled her thumbs. She couldn't bring herself to answer. Mosura placed on a forced smile and wrapped her arms around Battra's waist.

"He's you, big bro! Yep, you stole my heart!" said Mosura as she planted a kiss on her brother's cheek. Battra looked at her in confusion before looking at her with a deadpanned stare.

"Who is it, Mosu?" asked Battra. Mosura squeezed tighter as she nuzzled Battra's cheek.

"I have no idea what you mean big bro!" said Mosura. Battra sighed in annoyance. He would rather have his sister not mention anything about crushes if she wasn't going to tell him who it was. Still, he had a hunch on who it may have been


It was late at night. Genshiro sighed as he paced around in an abandoned warehouse in silence. His eyes looked at his watch and found it to be eleven in the evening. His daughter would be running out of time and will be gone one day. He had to do everything in his power to save Erika, no matter the cost and he was willing to pay a lot.

"Where is he?" muttered Genshiro.

"Shiragami Genshiro," called a male voice from the shadows. The human whipped around with a startled expression and found a male figure hidden in the darkness. The only source of light was on Genshiro, coming from the hole in the ceiling and roof.

"What are you doing here? What do you want?" questioned the figure. Genshiro took a breath.

"I... I need help," said Genshiro. The figure began to pace around him.

"Help? What do you need help from a Transmutant?" questioned the man in the shadows.

"It's actually not your help that's needed. It's the head of your group," said Genshiro in a firm tone.

"Aaah. I see, you want the big man himself," said the figure as he stopped abruptly. He shook his head.

"He doesn't really like to come out into public. Let alone involve himself with members of big companies that are affiliated with MONARCH. He doesn't like those guys," said the man in the shadows.

"I know. But I'm not asking him to come see me. I need his blood. His DNA," replied Genshiro.

"I don't think he's going to like hearing that you want a batch of his DNA. He's cautious about it when it comes to you genetic engineering types," said the man in disapproval.

"I swear to you that this isn't for a project for MONARCH. It's for my daughter. She's dying," said Genshiro. The man in the shadows went silent for a brief few seconds.

"What does she have?" asked the figure.

"She inherited an auto immune disease from her mother. It's rare and incurable. What's worse is that her condition has been worsening faster than her mother's did," said Genshiro.

"Hmm. Shiragami, I don't know what to tell you. Like I said, the big man keeps every ounce of blood on himself for everyone's own good. Bastard would drink up every drop that he spilled as well," said the figure. Genshiro dropped on his knees as he took on pleading eyes.

"Please, I'm desperate! She's my daughter! Would he let an innocent child die when he could have done something to help?!" demanded Genshiro. The figure sighed.

"OK. Fine, I'll tell him about your situation. But I can't promise that he will help," said the figure as he walked deeper into the shadows.

"Thank you," said Genshiro as he bowed his head. With that, the figure disappeared out of sight.


It was Monday morning. It was time for students to get back into their weekly routine of school life. Mosura was walking down the hall in silence. She greeted a few students with a friendly smile and wave along the way to class. As Mosura made it, she was surprised to not see Junior in his seat. Mosura made her way over to her seat behind Junior's and sat down. As she waited to see him walk into class with his usual scowl on his face, the bell had rung. Class had begun and Junior was still absent.

'I guess he couldn't make it today,' thought Mosura. As she turned forward to listen to her teacher, Mosura's mind wandered back to the Formal. She could honestly say that her dance with the Transmutant was the most fun that she had with him. Or any guy for that matter. Mosura lightly flushed to herself as she thought back to her close contact with him along with the scent that he carried. Her heart did back flips as she recalled the night. Mosura shook her head furiously, wondering when exactly she started feeling this way. She was knocked out of her thoughts as the door to the classroom suddenly opened. The teacher briefly stopped speaking and turned to find Junior walking inside.

"Mr. Takeshi. Glad you could join us. Do you have a note from the office?" asked the teacher. Junior reached into his pocket and handed him a note.

"Alright, take your seat," said the teacher. Junior made his way passed the desks and down to his own seat, where Mosura greeted him with a smile. Junior gave her a small nod as he took his seat in front of her. He bore a light frown on his face as he thought back to his current situation.


It was lunch. Junior still held a gloomy mood. At any moment, it could be revealed that his inhibitor chip was broken. This would cause a lot of panic in the school, no doubt. Junior lamely took a bite of his meal while Angirasu and Rodan conversed.

"So we're basically dinosaur based Transmutants. You're like an ankylosaurus, Goji is like some weird kind of meat eater, and I'm like a pterodactyl. Can you say, bad asses?" asked Rodan. Angirasu shrugged.

"So, what are you trying to come up with out of this fact?" asked Angirasu. Rodan grinned.

"I say we start our own band or something and call ourselves “Dynamic Dinos” or something," said Rodan.

"Sounds like something that a five-year-old would come up with," said Angirasu. Rodan crossed him arms with a scowl on his face.

"Well I can come up with something better," said Rodan. Junior sighed heavily to himself as he rested his chin on his arms. Angirasu looked his way.

"You alright?" asked Angirasu.

"Yeah, you seem really bummed out today," said Rodan.

"I'm just feeling out of it today," answered Junior in a mellow tone.

"Heh. You need to get a girlfriend. Maybe that'll help improve your mood," said Rodan. Junior sighed.

"I doubt it," said Junior. Rodan looked at him in surprise.

"Whoa. Normally you would get embarrassed and pissed with me if I ever messed around with you like that," said Rodan. He was genuinely beginning to worry based on his observation.

"Does it have to do with what happened at the Formal?" asked Angirasu.

"Nah. It's just... Can you guys keep a secret?" asked Junior. The other two Transmutants nodded in response. Junior inhaled deeply.

"OK come closer. I don't want others to hear," whispered Junior. Rodan and Angirasu leaned closer as they kept their ears open.

"OK. On Saturday, I had to go to the hospital because I was having some pain in my lower back. But when I got there, they told me that-"

"Hello boys!" greeted Mosura. Junior immediately went silent as he spotted her along with Fluttershy and Twilight.

"Hi," greeted the boys in unison. Junior mentally sighed in annoyance at his failure to confide in the guys about his situation. They at least seemed more trustworthy to tell. Especially Rodan, since he knew that he wasn't one to spread rumors.

"You guys wanna have lunch with us?" asked Twilight as she pointed to the table that was nearby, comprised of the rest of the Main Six and Friendship Club.

"Really?" asked Angirasu in surprise.

"Yeah, come on! It'll give us a chance to hang out more," said Mosura. Rodan chuckled as he stood.

"Hang out with lovely ladies? Wouldn't miss it," said Rodan. Junior rolled his eyes in response as he looked away.

"You in, Goji?" asked Mosura. Junior sighed.

"Do I have a choice?" asked Junior. Mosura giggled in response as she took Junior's arm and pulled him out of his seat.

"Nope!" said Mosura. Junior found himself dragged across the room and over to the table with the rest of the girls. He found himself seated beside Mosura and Erika, with Fluttershy sitting across from him.

"Hey, Erika," greeted Junior in a mellow tone.

"Hi," greeted Erika, matching his tone. Fluttershy raised a brow at the two and their matched tones. Something was obviously up with the two. Meanwhile, Mosura bore a light frown as she glanced at Erika. What she had learned from the Formal was startling to know. She didn't know how serious Erika's illness was, but it must have been bad if she was coughing up blood. She wanted to come out and confront Erika about it, but she was unsure of what would be the right approach. Not to mention she would be revealing her Transmutant ability to everyone else if Erika never confided anyone about her condition.

"How was your trip at the hospital?" asked Erika. The rest of the group, excluding Fluttershy stared at Junior with wide eyes.

"Wait, hospital?" asked Twilight with a hint of worry in her tone. Junior hissed.

"Yeaaah. I actually had a trip to the hospital on Saturday," answered Junior.

"Are.... Are you OK?" asked Sunset with a look of concern. Junior nodded to her as he gave a fake cough. No way in hell was he going to tell everyone that they were sitting next to a Transmutant with a broken inhibitor chip.

"Um... Yeah, of course. I wouldn't be here if not. It was just some back problems, that's all," said Junior in reassurance. Sunset nodded in reluctance. Although his words were meant to be reassuring for his health, his tone said otherwise. Still, she decided against calling him out on it before remembering something important.

"Hey Gojira," called Sunset. Junior looked her way with a curious expression. Sunset was sitting next to Flash Sentry, who appeared to be avoiding eye contact with the Transmutant.

"Listen, Flash has something that he wants to say to you about Friday," said Sunset as she nudged her boyfriend in the side. Flash sighed.

"I'm... I'm sorry about that scene during the Fall Formal. It... It wasn't cool of me to react the way that I did," said Flash as he rubbed the back of his head. Junior looked at him in surprise. One of the school's most outspoken Transmutant-phobic humans was apologizing to him. Surely this was the sign for the Apocalypse.

"Oh. Well... It's fine, I guess. It was technically my fault that I created this big misunderstanding. I'm sorry too," said Junior as he looked to the wall. Sunset smiled brightly along with the rest of the girls. Pinkie shot up from her seat.

"Make up hug! Bromance with Flash!" said Pinkie. Junior and Flash both gave her a deadpanned stare.

"Hell no," said Junior.

"Absolutely not," said Flash. Pinkie moaned in disappointment. The rest of the girls laughed in response. Meanwhile, Erika couldn't help but crack a small smile, despite the news of her declining health.

'Well, I might as well make the time I have left count,' thought Erika.


In a dark room, several computer consoles were lined up. Men and women monitored calls or spoke to any caller on the phone. This involved dealing with emergencies that involved Transmutants. The MONARCH insignia hung on the wall in the room, where a few people walked passed.

"So far, things have been quiet regarding Revolutionary activity in Equestria. Still though, Transmutant street gangs have become a growing problem," said a man as he looked through a few notes that he held.

"Have the special forces that we assigned there remain vigilant. Both are a threat to the public," said an older man.

"Yes, Director Onyx," said the man as he started to leave. Onyx turned to face a woman that was beside him.

"Sir, we've received word from an agent on the field. He reported that a minor Transmutant contains a damaged inhibitor chip in his body," said the woman.

"Gangster? Revolutionary sympathizer?" asked Onyx.

"Neither, sir. Our agent found him in the hospital for surgery. His medical record claimed that an accident caused damage to the chip," said the woman. She pulled out a file and handed it to Onyx.

"This is him," said the woman. Onyx opened the file and found a photograph of a teen looking to the side as his photo was secretly taken.

"Gojira Takeshi the second," said Onyx with a hint of interest in his tone. He did a quick scan of the medical file.

"Tell me, who is the agent that took this photo?" asked Onyx.

"Sergeant Kira Koizumi, sir," answered the woman.

"The mercenary? Hmph. Alright, have Koizumi keep an eye on this one. Tell him to engage only if this boy performs an act of terrorism. We can't be too careful," said Onyx.

"Understood, sir," said the woman as she began to leave Onyx. The Director of MONARCH looked at the photo again.

"Whose side are you on?" asked Onyx.


Junior was kneeling beside a cage filled with a cat inside. The cat yowled at him as Junior reached inside. The Transmutant sighed in annoyance.

"Brat," said Junior with a scowl. Fluttershy made her way at his side and knelt beside him.

"Maybe you can try encouraging her to approach," said Fluttershy.

"I can spray her with water to get her out," said Junior. Fluttershy looked at him in disapproval at his response.

"No, that's only if they're misbehaving. It's mean to spray them when they haven't done anything wrong," said Fluttershy. Junior raised his hands with a look of surprise. The girl's tone had grown a bit stern for a moment.

"Alright. You're the boss," said Junior. Fluttershy gasped as she cupped her mouth.

"Oh. I'm sorry! My tone was harsh," muttered Fluttershy. Junior shook his head.

"It's fine. Besides, it wouldn't hurt you to change your tone once in a while. Goes to show that even though you’re nice, you aren't taking shit from people that try to push you over," said Junior.

"Technically, you didn’t push me over. I just don't like it when people mistreat animals," said Fluttershy as she rubbed her arm. Junior sighed as he stood up.

"Understandable. Here, let me try something else," said Junior as he made his way over to a bag of cat food. He reached his hand inside and took a handful of the kibble and began to make his way back to Fluttershy's side. He knelt down and held his hand out.

"Come here. Come on, I'm sorry for being mean to you," said Junior as he held his hand out to the cage. The cat's fur was still erect as her back hunched up as her eyes were wide. As her nose took in the smell of the cat food, she started to relax. She timidly walked out of the cage and extended her neck out towards Junior's palm and took a few sniffs. The cat then began to nibble at the food.

"You did it!" whispered Fluttershy with a bright smile. Junior lightly chuckled.

"Freaking whiskers," said Junior as the whiskers tickled his palm. Fluttershy smiled warmly at the scene as the two made a more civil contact, compared to when this cat had scratched the Transmutant the last time that they were at the shelter. Junior stroked the cat's head as he dropped the cat food on the ground.

"So, you and Flash managed to settle things. That's good, isn't it?" asked Fluttershy. Junior shrugged.

"I guess. I wasn't expecting it though," said Junior.

"I told you things would work out," said Fluttershy with a smile. Junior rolled his eyes in response.

"Yeah. That's the second time you girls proved me wrong," said Junior. He stood up with the cat in his arms. He made his way over to the shower head that was built into the wall of the room and placed the cat down.

"Shy, I need your help," said Junior as the cat attempted to run away but was caught by the Transmutant. Fluttershy rushed over to his side.

"I'll hold her, you scrub and rinse," said Junior. Fluttershy nodded to him as she took a sponge soaked with cat shampoo. She grabbed the shower head and began to rinse the cat, who yowled as the water soaked her coat. She began to struggle under Junior's hold.

"Hold still!" said Junior in annoyance. Fluttershy scrubbed the cat with the sponge, despite her protests. She felt very sorry for the feline, but bath time was necessary for the cat. As she finished scrubbing, Fluttershy took the shower nozzle.

"OK, here comes the ri-" Fluttershy was interrupted as the cat bit down on Junior's hand.

"Ow!" yelped Junior as his grip loosened. The cat gave a high pitched yowl as she broke out of his grip while Fluttershy sprayed water. The cat spun around Fluttershy, causing her to spin in order to catch the cat in water.

"Wait! Come back!" cried Fluttershy as she stood up. She dropped the hose and let it to fall on the tile ground, but the handle became stuck and continued to spray water all around. As Fluttershy chased after the cat, her boot covered foot slipped against the wet tile. Her eyes widened as she felt gravity forcing her to fall back as her foot came up.

"Ah!" yelped Fluttershy. Junior immediately dove behind her and caught Fluttershy before she could land on the ground. He slightly slid on the ground with her on his knees. Fluttershy leaned against him with wide eyes as her heart raced. Junior bore a look of relief as he looked down at her.

"Phew. That was close. You would've hit your head on the ground," said Junior. Fluttershy blushed to herself as she stared up to his eyes with their close physical contact. Not to mention that this was the second time that this boy had saved her life. Junior raised a brow at her as she continued to stare.

"Fluttershy?" called Junior. Fluttershy snapped out of her dazed state.

"Huh? Wha?" Fluttershy shook her head. Suddenly, the two were showered in water from the hose, which began to skid wildly around the ground. Fluttershy and Junior both yelped as the water began to soak them.

"Where's the hose?!" cried Fluttershy as her eyes were blinded the water that splashed into them. Junior was slightly forced back as the water streamed against his face and into his nose. He hissed in pain as he cupped his nose and clenched his eyes shut from the pain of water shooting up inside of his nostrils. He groaned as he hunched over, clutching his nose, but his eyes then caught sight of the hose coming his way. Junior hardened his eyes and quickly crawled on his hands and knees. He grabbed the hose and forced it to the side, causing the water to spray away from him and Fluttershy. The Transmutant then made his way over to the wall where the hose was built into and turned the valve off. The water stopped flowing through the hose and only drops fell from the nozzle. Junior panted as he dropped the hose while his hair dripped with water. He turned and found Fluttershy soaked from head to toe with water. The two looked at each other briefly. Fluttershy cupped a hand over her mouth as she suppressed a giggled, looking at Junior in amusement. Junior allowed a small chuckle to escape from his throat. The two then shared a laugh together as they were soaked in water. Junior heard the sound of the cat meowing, making him turn to find her covered in soap. The Transmutant immediately turned the water back on and sprayed the cat. The cat yowled in response as she was soaked in water.

"Gotcha," said Junior with a smirk. Fluttershy was about to scold him for his action but then decided against it. The job was done with after all.


Later that evening, Junior and Fluttershy were walking down town together in silence. They had just finished with their volunteer work at the shelter for the day, and now were heading home. The two were still damp from the water that had soaked their clothes. Fluttershy shivered as she walked.

"It's getting cold," said Fluttershy as she rubbed her shoulders for warmth.

"I'd offer you my sweater, but the thing is pretty soaked too," said junior as he tugged on his sweater. Fluttershy smiled at him.

"Well, it's sweet of you that you were considering it," said Fluttershy. Junior sighed as he held his hands in his pockets as he looked around the town.

"I can't wait to get home. I'm beat," said Junior as he scratched his head. Fluttershy nodded in agreement as she stretched.

"Me too. But you know, I had fun today," said Fluttershy. Junior raised a brow at her.

"By cleaning up nasty cages and washing stinky dogs and cats?" asked Junior. Fluttershy shook her head in amusement.

"No, silly. You see, I always like to help care for critters, great and small. It warms my heart to be able to show them the kindness that isn't often shown to them. But today was a lot more fun since I was able to do those things with a friend," said Fluttershy. Junior's eyes slightly widened at being referred to as a 'friend'. Lately, this word was being assigned to him by a few different people that he knew.

"Hey, do you really consider me a friend? I mean, you've met me right?" asked Junior as he rubbed his head. Fluttershy looked at him with a tilt of her head.

"Is it really that surprising for you that people would consider you a friend?" asked Fluttershy. Junior stopped walking briefly as he looked up to the orange sky.

"Of course it is. I've never had a social circle before. You see, being a Transmutant of course puts me at a disadvantage since we are a minority and humans fear us. Not to mention that I'm intimidating to others. When I was a little kid, I was always bigger than the others. I've been told that I have a scary face," said Junior as he held his gaze up to the few visible stars that were in the air. He then turned to face Fluttershy.

"Hell, you were intimidated by me when we first met," said Junior. Fluttershy looked away in shame. To think that she once contributed to the judgement that this boy had faced for years. It was hard to swallow this very fact.

"I'm sorry," said Fluttershy. Junior sighed heavily as he approached Fluttershy.

"Stop apologizing. It's not my place to fault you for that. I do have a reputation and I'll admit that even my face scares people," said Junior. Fluttershy bit her lip as she lowered her head.

"Y-Your face..." Fluttershy shyly looked up to Junior's eyes.

"Hmm?" Junior looked at her inquisitively

"Your face isn't scary. I... I think it's nice," said Fluttershy as she looked away. Junior looked at her with a blank stare. He then bore in amused smile as he ruffled Fluttershy's hair. The girl gasped as her face brightened up with a blush from the action. Her heart was racing in her chest, threatening to burst out.

"Thanks Shy," said Junior. Fluttershy smiled bashfully.

"S-Sure," said Fluttershy. The two continued on their way home together on this evening. Junior felt a warm feeling inside of himself as he lightly smiled.

PreviousChapters Next