• Published 17th Feb 2016
  • 10,671 Views, 581 Comments

Shy and Aggressive - Johng117



Fluttershy finds herself in one of the most unlikely of situations. She meets the top delinquent of Ponyville High. Not only that, he is also a freak to society.

  • ...
45
 581
 10,671

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 30: The New Kids

It was late morning. Students were all hanging out before their next class in their usual spots across the school. Junior stood beside Angirasu as he looked through his locker.

"So you're going to be showing some new students around? That sounds nice. It's really cool of you to volunteer," said Angirasu as he swapped books.

"Except that I didn't volunteer. Principal Celestia is forcing me," deadpanned Junior.

"Oh," said Angirasu in surprise.

"I don't know what she's thinking. I'm not much of a people person," said Junior with a heavy sigh. Angirasu shrugged.

"Why worry? Think of it as a way to get some practice on interacting with a variety of people. Besides, you may be able to get a couple others to see you as any other student rather than what these nasty rumors are making you out to be," said Angirasu. Junior groaned in response.

"Oh, come on. Not you too," said Junior.

"What?" asked Angirasu in confusion.

"Geez. Celestia said the same thing about getting them to see passed rumors. You both are too optimistic," said Junior.

"And you're too pessimistic. Take a chance, Goji. What do you have to lose?" asked Angirasu. Junior rolled his eyes.

"Perhaps my dignity and pride," said Junior. Angirasu shook his head as he closed the door to his locker.

"Just be yourself and show them around. It's not like you're being graded on this. I gotta get to class to finish a project. I'll see you later," said Angirasu as he left. Junior sighed.

"Alright. See ya. Shit," said Junior as he held his hands in his pockets. Just then, the intercom jingled.

"Gojira Takeshi, please report to the main foyer," said Luna over the intercom. Junior sighed.

"Let's get it over with then," said Junior. While he was going to be giving this tour during his third period class, Junior was excused from it for the day. It wasn't much of a big deal either since his third class wasn't really a graduation requirement, but something he had to do homework in. It was more of a study hall kind of class. As students dispersed to their classes, Junior made his way to the foyer of the school with a slow pace. As he rounded the corner of the last hall, he found three teens that remained present rather than a class.

"Hey. Are you three the ones I'm supposed to show around?" asked Junior. The trio comprised of three girls, much to Junior's dismay. Considering his track record of interaction with the opposite sex was nothing flattering, except for a few. The girls focused their attention on the Transmutant. One girl bore curly hair with brilliant light golden highlight streaks. She wore a headband over her hair, which pushed back her long curly hair. It bore a strong scent of some sort of perfume that Junior was easily able to pick up. She wore a purple strapless romper, and a golden belt just above her waist. She also wore a long sleeved lavender sweater and spiked bracelets. She bore curvy hips with legs covered in pink tights and calf length boots.

A second girl beside her wore an aqua colored short sleeved jacket, a white shirt underneath and dark violet skinny jeans that bore stylized holes in them. Her violet hair bore teal highlights. Her hair was styled as pigtails that were held up by white plastic star clips. Her arms were covered in bands from her wrist and down to her forearms. She also wore dark purple calf-length boots. Overall, she bore a punkish appearance.

The third girl bore a long ponytail in a light blue color, with dark blue highlights. She wore a short sleeved, pink jacket with a pocket over her left breast. She wore a light purple skirt for her bottoms and her feet were covered in a pair of dark pink knee high converse and light pink knee high socks. After a quick analysis of the three girls, Junior would swear that they may have appeared in some kind of teen fashion magazine or something, especially with their unique outfits and, of course, their pretty faces.

"Yes, we are," said the curly haired girl with a smile as she held a hand at her luscious hip. Junior quickly tore his eyes away from there and focused on her face.

"Right. Um... My name is Gojira Takeshi. I'm a junior here at Ponyville High and I'll be showing you three around," said Junior in an awkward tone. He wasn't entirely sure if whether he should sound enthusiastic and upbeat to simulate a welcoming tone for the school, or to be cold and a stand-offish prick in hopes that these girls never bother him again, but he knew Celestia wouldn't be pleased with the latter. However, Junior wouldn't dare try to place on a fake personality that would make him sick to his stomach. Clearly, this was a dilemma.

"Well, it's nice to meet you! I'm Adagio Dazzle. These are my sisters," said the curly haired girl as she gestured to the other girls.

"I'm Sonata Dusk! It's totes awesome to meet you!" said the girl with the pony tail. Junior had to refrain from rolling his eyes at how quickly he thought her mind would change about their encounter.

"Aria Blaze," said the girl with pigtails in a dry and bored tone.

"OK. Uh... Let's get this tour underway," said Junior. He then gestured to the room around them.

"So, this is the foyer. Back there is the entrance and exit. You can see the Wondercolt statue from in here," said Junior in a mellow tone. The girls glanced at each other with raised brows.

"Over here are the trophies from our sports teams. Some of those are from like over a decade ago," said Junior as he cleared his throat. Aria crossed her arms with a bored expression.

"And three different hallways lead up to the foyer. You can get around quicker if you plan your uh... Your routes accordingly," said Junior in an awkward tone as he noticed the deadpanned stares that he was receiving. This tour was already crashing and burning into a spiraling mess of tragedy.

"So yeah. Any questions?" asked Junior. Sonata raised her hand in response.

"Yes?" asked Junior.

"Are you a member of any sports teams? You look like you could be a football player," said Sonata. Junior snorted.

"No," said Junior. He wouldn't even be allowed on the team since he was not an ideal person to have on a team, and Transmutants were too much of a hassle to balance out in competition.

"Are your tours always this boring?" deadpanned Aria. Junior's brow twitched in annoyance at the comment but kept calm.

"Actually, this is my first tour. Excuse me," said Junior.

"Well, maybe you can show us around any cool hang out areas. Or maybe you can share some stories about this place," said Sonata.

"Here's a fun fact. There's yet to be a shooting at this school," said Junior. The girls gave him deadpanned stares. Junior sighed.

"OK. This way," said Junior. The group moved on through a hall, where a set of lockers were.

"Over here are lockers for the B Wing of the school. Old school too. You can get your ass shoved and locked into one of these. So, watch yourself," said Junior. Sonata looked around with a worried expression.

"Do people get locked in these often?" asked Sonata.

"Only if you've made enemies," said Junior as he pointed towards one particular locker between the other lockers.

"October, freshmen year. Some guy that I was on nasty terms with shoved me against that locker," said Junior. Sonata made an 'oh' in fascination while Aria raised a brow.

"Wait, he shoved you against it, not inside?" asked Aria.

"Nah. I shoved his ass in there," said Junior with a smirk as he recalled the memory. Aria chuckled.

"Nice," said Aria. Meanwhile, Adagio hummed as she looked Junior over.

"I bet you did. You're obviously a big, tough guy," said Adagio with a flirtatious smile. Junior cleared his throat as he looked away.

"Thanks?" responded Junior, worried about how this girl responded to him. It was too familiar.

"Over here is the computer lab. But the equipment is shit and there's always two or more not working," said Junior as he led the girls through the hall. He then pointed to another room.

"Over here is the janitor's closet. Or as I like to call it, the public hanky panky room," said Junior as he opened the door, where Lyra and Bon Bon were in the corner with their arms wrapped each other's neck. The girls yelped as they noticed that they were caught.

"Eep!" squealed Sonata with a start while her siblings stared with wide eyes. Junior groaned in annoyance.

"Goddamit you two! Come out of the closet!" said Junior. Bon Bon screamed in embarrassment as she threw a bottle of carpet cleaner at the Transmutant. Junior slammed the door before he was hit. An awkward silence filled the air.

"I see why you call it that," said Sonata with a blank stare. Adagio placed a hand on her hip as she looked at Junior.

"I'm flattered that you showed me this room Goji, but at least take me to dinner first," said Adagio. Junior's cheeks flushed brightly.

"Ugh. Creep," said Aria in disgust as she took a step away from Junior.

"No, the moral here is to stay the hell away from this room. You never know when those idiots will be occupying the room. Anyway, let's move on," said Junior. He spent the next couple of minutes showing the girls around the school. They had been around the art wing, the language classes, the music room, etc. They were now in the gymnasium.

"And here's the gymnasium. This is where some classes do their P.E. courses, and where the basketball team plays. You also have the dances here, and the pep rally," said Junior.

"Bleh." Aria stuck her tongue out in disgust.

"Amen to that," said Junior in agreement with her reaction. Sonata scoffed.

"Are you both for real?! I'd love to be crowned queen of the prom!" said Sonata with a dazzled smile.

"Whatever. Anyway, I forgot to mention. Apparently, there's a musical showcase coming up this month," said Junior. Adagio's ears perked as she heard this.

"A musical showcase?" asked Adagio with a look of interest.

"Yeah. Just take it up with the principal and you should be good," said Junior.

"Hmm. We might consider it. We have been known to sing from time to time," said Aria with a hint of pride in her tone.

"Helloooo! We sing like all the time! It's what we're known for, obviously!" said Sonata with a laugh.

"Hm. Is that so?" asked Junior. Though really, he wasn't interested. Adagio raised a brow at him while Aria looked his way with slightly widened eyes.

"Um... Yeah? I mean, it's us!" said Sonata as she struck a pose. Junior bore a blank expression, clueless about what this girl was talking about.

"Um... OK?" said Junior. Sonata bore a look of disbelief.

"Wait... You know who we are, right?" asked Sonata. Junior nodded.

"Yeah. Adagio Dazzle, Aria Haze-"

"Blaze!" spat Aria with a look of annoyance.

"Whatever. And Sonata Dusk. You're the three transfer students that I have to give a tour," said Junior.

"But... But-" Sonata was interrupted as Aria immediately cupped her hand over her mouth.

"Don't mind doofus right here. We sung at a karaoke bar once and the response of the audience got to her head," said Aria as she sent a quick glare at Sonata.

"Ah. Moving on," said Junior as he began to lead the girls out of the gymnasium and outside. He gestured out to an open field beyond where some benches sat on the edges, where two soccer goal posts were up. On the field were students running laps.

"And out here's the field. Looks like all of the classes for P.E. have to do their lap run," said Junior as he watched the students. He then pointed to an area on the corner of the school building, where a large shed was present.

"Over there is where they keep the sports equipment," said Junior. He then sighed as he turned to face the girls.

"That concludes the tour. This school includes your typical hierarchy. From popular alpha students, to the loner just trying to get by. Oh yeah, even the loners got one up on Transmutants," said Junior.

"Oh, that's right. I forgot that this school is one of several that have started enrolling Transmutants. This school is pretty progressive. I like that," said Adagio with a smile. Junior scoffed.

"Yeah, but a good number of students aren't," muttered Junior as he began to lead the girls back inside of the school. Sonata made her way to Junior's side in curiosity.

"So, what kind of clubs do you got here?" asked Sonata.

"Which type are you looking for?" asked Junior. Sonata shrugged.

"I dunno. Just curious." Junior scratched his head as he began to formulate a response.

"Well, you of course have sports clubs, you have debate, anime club, literature, and you have the Frie-" Junior stopped before he could utter another word. The girls looked at him in confusion. Junior merely took a small calm breath through his nose.

"I can get you a list if you want," said Junior. Sonata nodded with a grin.

"Yeah!" said Sonata. Junior stopped as the group reached the main foyer.

"OK. I hope you enjoyed the tour," said Junior.

"I did!" said Sonata with childish glee.

"It was informative," said Adagio with a nod.

"Meh. It was OK, I guess," said Aria as she looked away with crossed arms. Junior scowled in response.

'Yeah, fuck you too. I could've done some homework instead!' thought Junior.

"Anyway, 4th period should be coming up soon. Just take what you learned from this tour and just... Yeah," said Junior as he began to walk away.

"Bye! See you around!" said Sonata with a wave. Junior lazily waved back but did not look back. As he left, Sonata turned back to her sisters.

"He seems..."

"Like a creep," deadpanned Aria.

"I was actually going to say nice but he also seems mean," said Sonata with a shrug.

"Hey, why didn't you want me telling him who we were?" asked Sonata. Aria scoffed.

"Because I wanted to enjoy a moment without a crowd a little longer! We're on a break" said Aria.

"Oh, come on. It's not so bad," said Sonata. As the two began to argue, Adagio watched curiously as Junior continued down the hall.


Gym class had ended. Junior was changing from his gym clothes to his regular clothes, excluding his sweater since he was still hot from his earlier run. Rodan took a seat next to him on the bench.

"Hey did you hear?" asked Rodan.

"Hear what?" asked Junior as he reached under his shirt with a can and sprayed onto his chest. It was a rule to not bring in spray deodorant but he didn't care. He wanted to mask the smell he had as much as possible.

"Apparently, we have some super stars in our school!" said Rodan.

"Great. More members for the Alpha pack in this school," said Junior in a sarcastic manner

"What makes you say that?" asked Rodan in confusion.

"It's obvious! What people like more than celebrities are young celebrities," said Junior. Rodan raised a brow.

"But aren't those the same thing?" asked Rodan.

"Shut up, that's beside the point," said Junior in annoyance. "Teenagers that are famous are bound to be spoiled, arrogant brats."

"That's a stretch man. There are some teens that are famous that are actually pretty cool," said Rodan. Junior laughed.

"And I doubt the ones you're referring to are cool." Junior and Rodan had left the locker room and headed for the cafeteria for lunch. As they came near the cafeteria, they heard a commotion of students near the entrance. Junior sighed in annoyance as he saw that the doors were overcrowded by students trying to get in and out.

"You gotta be kidding," said Junior as he and Rodan began to approach the crowd.

"Man. Lunch must be real good today," said Rodan in surprise.

"Alright! Everyone move!" said Junior over the voices. He drew the attention of a few students who quickly retreated once they spotted him. However, Junior was still being blocked from the cafeteria.

"Will you all just- Get out of my way! Get- Get the fuck out of my way!" growled Junior as he began to shove through students with Rodan close behind. He had worked up an appetite and had missed breakfast. He had no patience at the moment.

"Asshole!" said a girl as she was pushed back.

"Wait your turn to get in!" said a male student.

"Shut up!" said Junior as he and Rodan finally made it inside, only to find all of the tables filled out and only about over a dozen students were in line for lunch. Other students entering only went to crowd another table.

"What is going on?!" asked Junior. "Most of the students here aren't even here for lunch!"

"I can't believe they signed my binder! This is awesome!" cried a girl in delight as she rushed from the crowded table with a binder decorated with music notes and three feminine silhouettes in the background.

"Looks like the rumors are true," said Rodan in interest. The two began to wait in line for lunch while the crowd hovered over the table, where Sonata, Aria and Adagio sat. Students excitedly greeted the girls as they tried to get them to sign their binders, posters, and a few other possessions.

"Like oh my god! I can't believe you're attending our school!" said a girl with a giddy grin. Adagio smiled as she signed a poster that bore her image along with her sisters', with their names signed.

"Well it's always great to meet our fans. I'm looking forward to the year," said Adagio.

"Thanks so much!" said the girl as she excitedly left the table. Meanwhile, Sonata was in the process of taking selfies with a couple of students, and Aria was busy providing her signature on posters as well.

"Ugh. I just want to have my lunch," muttered Aria under her breath. As Sonata waved goodbye to a couple of fans, she spotted Junior and Rodan walking down to a table with trays of food. She smiled brightly as she shot up from the table.

"Goji!" cried Sonata. Junior winced as he heard her voice as he and Rodan had managed to get to their table.

"Hey!" called Sonata. Junior sighed as he reluctantly turned his head to find Sonata waving at him, while Adagio gave him a flirtatious wave. Junior meekly waved back with a forced smile. Rodan stared in shock. As the two took their seat, Rodan rubbed his eyes to be rid of deception.

"Oh, no way! It's them! And they know your name!" cried Rodan.

"Who?" asked Junior.

"Wha- Seriously?! You don't know who those three girls are?!" exclaimed Rodan.

"Well I mean, I was forced to show them around class," said Junior as he scratched his head.

"Ah! Your lucky duck! Dude, those are the Dazzlings! One of the most famous teen pop stars in Equestria!" said Rodan. Junior hummed in thought as the name triggered deja vu.

"Oh wait, I think Cynthia's favorite pop singers were called the Dazzlings. You're saying that's them?" asked Junior in surprise.

"Yeah man! Damn you're lucky!" said Rodan.

"Huh. That explains their appearance. They really stand out," said Junior as he scratched his head. From the corner of his eye, Junior spotted Angirasu approaching the table.

"Sup guys? What's with the crowd?" asked Angirasu as he took a seat across from Rodan and Junior.

"They're trying to meet the new students, who are also a pop singing trio called the Dazzlings. And Goji got to give them a tour!" said Rodan with a look of jealousy.

"Jeez. Take it easy, man," said Junior in annoyance.

"That's cool. Are they any good?" asked Angirasu.

"Hell yeah! You ever heard, 'Under our Spell'? That song will razzle your dazzles!" said Rodan. Junior shrugged.

"I wouldn't know. I don't listen to pop," said Junior. He then sent Rodan an annoyed look. "Also, don't ever say that again."
Rodan gasped as he frantically tapped Junior's shoulder.

"Oh snap! Here they come!" whispered Rodan as he quickly placed on a calm expression. On que, Adagio, Aria and Sonata arrived at the table.

"Hey! It's our awesome tour guide!" said Sonata.

"Uh... Hi. I'm pretty sure I gave a lousy tour," said Junior. Aria nodded in agreement.

"You did," said Aria. Junior grumbled in annoyance as he looked away.

"So Gojira, are these your friends?" asked Adagio.

"Huh? Oh yeah. This is Rodan Shou and Angirasu Riku," said Junior as he pointed to the two Transmutants.

"Sup?" greeted Rodan in a suave tone. Angirasu gave a light wave.

"Hello, nice to meet you three," said Angirasu. He then noticed Sonata standing with a completely blank expression, while the rest of her sisters greeted him and Rodan. He raised a brow at her as she kept her stare.

"Um..." Angirasu worriedly looked at her. Meanwhile, Sonata felt her cheeks beginning to warm up as she stared into Angirasu's hazel eyes, which were gentle yet firm. His spiked brown hair reminded her of a porcupine, which some may find amusing but she thought it was cool. She could make out his rounded muscles that were hidden beneath his coat, causing her to imagine his physiology without a shirt on.

"Hey, are you alright?" asked Angirasu, snapping Sonata out of her day dreaming.

"Huh?! Oh! I'm Sonata! N-Nice to meet you!" said Sonata with a shy giggle. Suddenly, Adagio took a seat beside Junior, while Aria took a seat beside her. Sonata was quick to take a seat beside Angirasu as she bore a goofy smile on her face and her cheeks flushed.

"So, what are you boys doing here by yourselves this far in the cafeteria?" asked Adagio with a smile.

“This is the Transmutant table," said Junior. Adagio's eyes slightly widened in response.

"Wait... You guys have your own table? That's pretty cool! Like your own cool kids table!" said Sonata with a grin. "I didn't know you were popular, Goji!"

"Eh... Maybe popular isn't the right word," said Junior. "Also, this isn't that kind of table."

"What do you mean?" asked Sonata in confusion.

"It's pretty much a segregated spot, right?" asked Aria as she glanced around and found a couple of other students at the table, who were looking their way in surprise at the three pop stars.

"Well... Yeah. You can say that," said Rodan as he scratched his head with a light frown.

"We can sit wherever. It's just that... Yeah," said Junior as he noticed some human students from across the cafeteria were shooting him the stink eye for being in the presence of the pop stars.

"Oh. Sorry, I didn't know that Transmutants here still-" Sonata looked down in shame.

"Don't worry about it. We keep to ourselves, and they don't bother us. Usually," said Junior as he ate his lunch. Adagio bore a light frown as she sat in her seat. Suddenly, she heard timid footsteps beside her. She found a petite girl that bore a tattoo on her wrist of a letter and some numbers. Adagio quickly recognized it as an ID code for Transmutants. The girl held a binder as she timidly held it out.

"U-Um. I recently became a fan of you girls. I uh... Could you three sign my binder, please?" asked the girl as she hid her face. Adagio softly smiled as she took the binder, where a small poster of her and her sisters was present.

"Absolutely," said Adagio as she began to sign her name on the poster, along with her sisters. The Transmutant girl smiled brightly as she bore a look of relief.

"Thank you so much! I can't wait to be able to listen to the rest of your songs!" the girl left the table and headed for the exit of the cafeteria.

"Dang she was star struck," chuckled Rodan. Junior swallowed his food.

"It wasn't just that. She was afraid that she would be rejected by her singing idols. You ever seen a Transmutant wanting to get a famous person's autograph?" asked Junior. Rodan winced.

"Oh. Right," said Rodan.

"You're quite observant, aren't you?" Adagio set an elbow on the table as she looked Junior's way.

"Just when it comes to how we're treated. Speaking of which, you may not want to stick around here. You may lose some fans," said Junior as he looked to the students that were leering at him and his friends. Adagio gave a dismissive wave.

"Oh bah. Who we hang out with is our business. The worse that can happen is that students here stop worshipping us because we feel like hanging out with a couple of Transmutants," said Adagio. Aria's eyes widened in response. Then, a smirk formed on her face.

"In that case..." Aria muttered to herself as she made her way beside Rodan and sat in the empty seat beside room. Rodan nudged Junior's shoulder, drawing his attention. The red-haired boy secretly pointed his thumb at Aria by his side with a grin. Junior rolled his eyes in response.

"I'm OK with this! What about you guys?" asked Sonata as she looked to Angirasu as she bore a smile that would remind one of a child.

"I don't mind," said Angirasu with a shrug.

"Amen," said Rodan with a chuckle. Junior merely went back to eating.

"Go ahead. It's a free country," said Junior as he ate.


There was little lighting inside of the bedroom of Erika Shiragami. She lied in bed sleeping, as the noon sun light passed through the curtains over her window. The girl began to stir as her brows crinkled. She raised herself out of bed as her eyes were heavy with drowsiness. Erika turned to her side and found her father kneeling beside her bed, with his head lying down, and his hand firmly holding her own. He was asleep by her side, still in his clothes from the previous night. Erika began to gently shake Genshiro. He suddenly shot up with a start, startling Erika.

"Erika," said Genshiro as he held Erika's hand. "How are you feeling?"

"Tired. What happened?" asked Erika as she rubbed the sleep out of her eyes. Genshiro wrapped her in a warm embrace.

"Thank goodness. I thought I lost you," said Genshiro with a sniffle.

"Wait. Daddy, what happened?" asked Erika in confusion as she pulled away from her father.

"You were dying, Erika. But I saved you," said Genshiro with a look of joy. Erika's eyes slightly widened, no longer feeling tired.

"Wait, what? How?" asked Erika.

"I took a chance. The cure, it worked! I did blood work on you and found that it cleansed your genes of the disease that they say couldn't be cured! But by God, we proved them wrong!" said Genshiro with a laugh. Erika winced as she felt her arm.

"All I remember was feeling like my body was on fire," said Erika with a shudder.

"Yes. That was the cure running through your veins. You passed out from the pain. I feared that it had killed you. But it has done the exact opposite," said Genshiro. Erika looked at him in disbelief.

"So... I'm really cured? I'm not going to die?" asked Erika. Genshiro held her.

"No. You're going to live a long full life," said Genshiro. Erika sniffled as her eyes ran with tears of joy. She began to cry against her father as she held him.

"Oh. My precious flower," said Genshiro as he caressed Erika's head. Erika was overflowing with joy over this miracle. She wasn't going to leave her father or her friends anytime soon. For the first time, she was going to truly live.

"I have to clean up. You get some rest, Erika," said Genshiro as he released his daughter.

"Alright," said Erika as she lied herself down back in bed. Genshiro left her room and made his way over to his personal lab in the garage. There, his tools, beakers, vials, etc. were still out. He made his way over to a tape recorder that was lying on a table. He clicked the recording button.

"Update: #45. The subject has awakened from her sleep. Her genes were cleansed of any bacterial infections and have been strengthened to resist even the common cold. She claims to be feeling tired, but anyone would after just waking up at noon," chuckled Genshiro softly.

"So far, the subject has experienced no side effects, except for one. After the transfusion, her irises had changed from emerald green to a yellowish green. This is likely caused by the mutagenic properties implanting traits of the donor's DNA into the subject's. I will continue to monitor any other side effects. All in all, I think that I can finally rest easy now," said Genshiro as he picked up a vial of red orange liquid with a soft smile.


It was the end of school. Junior was looking in his locker for the necessary books that he needed for homework, while trading in the ones that he had taken to class and that were not currently necessary. As he dug through his locker, he felt a tap on his shoulder. He turned and found Adagio greeting him with a flirtatious smile.

"Afternoon, Goji~," greeted Adagio. Junior turned away with a small grimace. He couldn't handle that tone of voice.

"Hey, Adagio," greeted Junior.

"So, you headed home?" asked Adagio.

"Well, not exactly," said Junior as he glanced to the side and found Fluttershy approaching.

"Hello, Gojira. Are you ready to..." Fluttershy's voice trailed off as she found Adagio standing beside the Transmutant. Adagio caught sight of her.

"Oh. Who's this? Your girlfriend? She's a cutie," said Adagio with a teasing smile. Fluttershy blushed at the assumption.

"This is Fluttershy. My friend," said Junior with look of annoyance. He really wished people would stop assuming that every girl that he knew was intimately involved with him. It just brought awkwardness to the table.

"H-Hello. Um... Hey, aren't you one of those pop singers?" asked Fluttershy in curiosity. Adagio smiled.

"Oh. You heard of me?" asked Adagio as she brushed her fingers against her hair. Fluttershy timidly gave a nod in response.

"A couple of my friends are fans of yours," replied Fluttershy.

"Is that so? Well, since your friends with Goji, I think he can arrange a greet-and-meet with your friends," said Adagio with a smile. Junior looked at her in annoyance.

"What am I? Your agent?" asked Junior.

"I-I think that would be nice. Are you sure it's not too much trouble?" asked Fluttershy.

"Of course, not! I always enjoy meeting my adoring fans!" said Adagio, while Junior rolled his eyes.

"Just ask Goji to speak to me when your friends want to meet. I'll see ya around~," said Adagio as she waved farewell to Junior with a wink. Junior felt his cheeks warm up as he scowled.

"Don't I get a say in the matter?" asked Junior.

"Um..." Junior turned his attention to Fluttershy. She held her hands behind her back as she timidly looked up at him. The Transmutant gave a sigh.

"OK. I'll let her know when for you," said Junior. Fluttershy smiled brightly in response.

"Thanks. Are you ready to leave?" asked Fluttershy. Junior nodded as he grabbed his last book from his locker.

"Let's go," said Junior. The two continued outside of the school and walked down the sidewalk. They were silent on their walk to the animal shelter in town.

"So, you know the Dazzlings?" asked Fluttershy in curiosity.

"Not really. I had to give a tour of the school to them. I didn't even know that they were famous until the students were swarming them like chickens at feed," said Junior.

"They seem friendly... Right?" asked Fluttershy. She hadn't been able to interact with any of them to get an idea about them. She was hoping that Junior did, however.

"Eh. I don't know. But I'm concerned about being around cheeto hair," said Junior. Fluttershy tilted her head in confusion.

"Who?" asked Fluttershy.

"Adagio. Doesn't her hair curly sort of remind you of cheetos?" asked Junior with a smile. Fluttershy cupped her mouth as she tried to suppress a giggle.

"Goji, that's mean," said Fluttershy as she wiped off her look of amusement.

"Oh, come on. You're the one who giggled. Don't even pretend that you didn't find that a little bit funny," said Junior. Fluttershy cleared her throat as her cheeks flushed from holding in her laughs.

"No, I didn't," said Fluttershy. Junior rolled his eyes in response.

"Alright, Ms. Nice Girl," said Junior as the two continued to make their way into town. Unbeknownst to them, a van was trailing after them. Junior and Fluttershy spent the next several of minutes walking. They had made it into the edge of the down town area.

"Man, I'm hungry. Hey, mind if I run to grab something to eat really quick?" asked Junior.

"But lunch was a couple of hours ago. You're already hungry?" asked Fluttershy in surprise. Junior smiled sheepishly.

"I uh... I've been getting a lot hungrier since uh... You know." Junior curled his arms in near his chest and raised them up, while leaning his back a bit as he spread his fingers like claws. Fluttershy bore a look of confusion but then she immediately recognized that the Transmutant was mimicking a dinosaur.

"Oh. You know, it would've helped if you made a roaring face," said Fluttershy with an amused look.

"No way. I already feel silly for doing that," said Junior as he quickly placed his arms back down.

"Anyway. Go on ahead and get something. I'll meet you at the shelter," said Fluttershy.

"Cool. Do you want anything?" asked Junior.

"No thank you. I'll see you later," said Fluttershy. The two began split off from each other. While the van that hung from the back began to trail after Junior. It stopped, allowing a figure step out from the side door.

Junior sighed as he continued to one of the local fast food restaurants in the area. He began to have a sense of unease. His senses rang, as if warning him that he was being stalked by some other predator. He heard footsteps just a short distance behind him. Junior made no move to tense. He instead kept on walking as calmly as he could. As he rounded a few street corners, the feeling that he had did not go away. He was being followed after all. Junior hardened his eyes as he caught sight of an alley. He began to make his way to the alley, picking up his pace. From outside of the alley, the figure continued to follow the Transmutant into the alley. Suddenly, the figure was tackled to the ground by Junior. The Transmutant glared at his stalker as he heard a metal click. His eyes widened as he saw Manda lying under him with a gun pointed at his chest. Manda's eyes widened in horror as she pulled her gun away.

"Manda?!" exclaimed Junior in shock.

"Oh God! Junior, I am so sorry! I thought I lost you and that you were some mugger!" said Manda as she hid her gun.

"Jesus! What the hell are you doing stalking me?! I thought you were a Purist member or some asshole who thinks I'm a murderer! One of us could have gotten hurt!" said Junior in annoyance as he helped the young woman onto her feet.

"Sorry. Your dad just wanted me to check on you since he wants you to stay away for awhile," said Manda. She then gave a sheepish smile as she leaned closer.

"Um... You won't tell him that I almost... You know," whispered Manda. Junior sighed heavily.

"It's fine," said Junior.

Later, Junior found himself sitting across from Manda at a fast food restaurant. Manda happily ate a box of fries while Junior finished his hamburger.

"So, were you on a date with that girl?" asked Manda in curiosity.

"No, she's my friend. We were supposed to go to the shelter together, but I got hungry," said Junior. Manda scoffed.

"So, you left her to go by herself?! You can't just do that to a girl! You gotta escort her safely to where she needs to go! The world is a dangerous place you know! Leaving a sweet flower like her is cruel of you!" said Manda in disapproval. Junior shrugged.

"She's just going to the animal shelter just some blocks from here. Why are you scolding me like I ditched a girlfriend?" asked Junior in annoyance.

"Hey, it'll hurt your chances of finding one once she starts telling other girls how you left her alone in town," said Manda. Junior rolled his eyes in response.

"She wouldn't do that. Besides, it's not like I'm looking for a romantic relationship," said Junior as he took a sip of his soda.

"So, how's everyone back at your place?" asked Junior. Not wanting to say that the woman was living in a cave as a secret lair of un-chipped Transmutants out loud in public.

"Eh. Same old, same old. It gets kinda dull, you know. I try to take jobs that would have us outside as much as possible," said Manda as she took a sip of her own soda.

"But you know, there's this tension between your father and brother," said Manda. Junior sighed.

"Xenjira. Freaking bastard," said Junior with a scowl.

"Wow. You really don't like him," said Manda with a wince.

"Of course, not. It’s his fault that I’m in this mess in the first place," said Junior.

"What about Battra?" asked Manda.

"I don't know him that well. But last I check, he looks nothing like me, and isn't a prick like Xenjira," said Junior with an annoyed sigh. Manda stood up with her trash.

"Well, you're OK. I'm going to let your old man know. Just keep your distance a while longer until we can figure things out," said Manda. Junior nodded in response.

"Sure. See ya," said Junior. With that, Junior was left alone as Manda headed out of the fast food restaurant. Junior sighed as he stood.

"I better meet Fluttershy," said Junior, with Manda's words of leaving her alone in the down town area was possibly a danger for her.


It was the early evening. Genshiro was sitting at his desk in his lab. He was looking over his notes that he had taken that had led up to the cure of his daughter. What a miraculous turn of events had transpired while working alone on the DNA of a Transmutant, something that humans were still having trouble understanding what with the red tape that limited research on their genetics, but he may have learned a bit more through his efforts. They were capable of being compatible with human DNA. It's just Takeshi's DNA was a lot more volatile with foreign bodies. He had to manipulate the genes to accept the rose DNA, in order to ease it into accepting his own DNA. And through his genes, he was able to cure Erika since she was a part of his lineage, which eased Takeshi's DNA into her own.

The Transmutant's genetics were fascinatingly adaptive. What was also fascinating was that at least 98 percent of the Transmutant's DNA was human, while the rest were something else entirely. That small remaining percentage carried information that granted the Transmutants their great strength and abilities, though he wasn’t sure how their DNA reacted when they transformed. This had gotten him curious to no end. Genshiro began to place the remaining notes in a box locked under his desk. He stood up and began to make his way over to a counter.

"Shiragami," called a familiar voice. Genshiro gasped with a start as he turned and found Baragon standing in the corner of the garage with his arms crossed.

"Baragon," said Genshiro in surprise.

"So, your daughter is cured. Congratulations," said Baragon as he approached.

"H-How did you know that?" asked Genshiro.

"My boss had me kept an eye on you. Plus, you don't smell like shit anymore like you did these past few weeks. So, his blood came in handy after all. You certainly pulled some magic out of your ass," said Baragon with a chuckle.

"Yes. I have him to thank," said Genshiro with a small smile. Baragon sighed as he scratched his head.

"Look, I don't want to beat around the bush. I need you to dispose of everything that you have of his DNA," said Baragon. Genshiro's eyes widened.

"You heard me. Any remaining blood samples, the cure itself, everything. Alpha wants it gone," said Baragon.

"But... Baragon, you don't realize the value of his DNA! He cured my daughter! No modern medicine could cure her, but his DNA did! We can cure every illness out there!" said Genshiro, hoping to change Baragon's mind. The Transmutant sighed.

"Look, I'm all for the whole search for the miracle cure quest. That's noble, but it can't be his DNA. There's a reason why he's tried to keep it out of the hands of big companies like GeneCo," said Baragon.

"But-" Genshiro was interrupted.

"Look I hate to be that guy. Alright? But you made a deal with him. If you don't keep your end, I will let him know. He's old school, and he will not take that lightly," said Baragon as he narrowed his eyes. Genshiro clenched his fist and then sighed.

"Alright, I'll dispose of it all," said Genshiro as he made his way over to a refrigerator, where tubes of red orange liquid and a single vial of blood was present.

"I can't believe that I'm destroying what can benefit all of mankind," said Genshiro solemnly.

"I know. But as the boss told me once, something that benefits us can also make us suffer. From as old as he is, he was referring to something else. Something commonly used today," said Baragon as he took out a flask and had a drink.

"What was that?" asked Genshiro in curiosity.

"Plutonium," answered Baragon. Genshiro nodded in understanding as he began to take everything that he had from the fridge.


Meanwhile...

Through the evening of Canterlot city, the head building of GeneCo stood tall among other buildings in the city. Its sign glowed through the night as rain fell to the earth. From inside of the building, Discord began to look over the shoulders of a couple of scientists that were researching how to integrate Gojira Takeshi Jr.'s desired genetic traits into other subjects. Discord hummed as he raised his mechanical arm, where a light began to shine. He opened the palm of his robotic hand, where a holographic image of a DNA helix appeared.

"We need to figure out how to prevent the cells from breaking down the foreign ones that they are introduced to. From our last experiments with rats, we learned that it would be unwise to just transfuse blood into volunteers for the super soldier program," said Discord as he glanced at a row of three tanks, where white lab rats lied in their litter, dead as they bled from the eyes and their pink skin appeared to have darkened and roughened. Poor things didn't die peacefully either.

"If we can't do that, we can't even make it succeed in animal trials," said Discord. A woman came beside him with a clip board.

"Doctor, I think I may know someone who can help. Genshiro Shiragami requested a sample of the prehistoric rose specimen," said the woman.

"And no one notified me of this sooner?!" demanded Discord. "He hasn't come to me about this! Why did he need a sample?

"H-He said that he needed it for research for the super soldier program! I thought he had gotten your permission," said the woman as she shrunk back. Discord bore a look of interest.

"Is that right? Well, then I'll just have to see if he made any progress," said Discord as he made his way out of the room. He arrived in his office as he placed his blue tooth phone into his ear.

"Hello, Genshiro. I've become aware that you took a sample of the prehistoric specimen. I want know if you learned anything that can help with the super soldier program. It's been approved to use the Transmutant DNA sample that we recently acquired for the project," said Discord.

PreviousChapters Next