• Published 17th Feb 2016
  • 10,639 Views, 581 Comments

Shy and Aggressive - Johng117



Fluttershy finds herself in one of the most unlikely of situations. She meets the top delinquent of Ponyville High. Not only that, he is also a freak to society.

  • ...
45
 581
 10,639

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 4: Join The Club

Author's Note:

Hello! Hey, reader! I need your attention for a second! Before you read on, I should give you all quick note concerning last chapter with Flash Sentry.
I promise you that Flash will not always be a dick is you see him and how you may see him in another chapter. Keep in mind that I am not a hater on the character. I'm just indifferent about his place in MLP canon. So if you're a fan of the character, don't worry he will not stay this way. So, please keep that all in mind for the next time that Flash may be a dick in the story.
Alright, thank you for reading.

It was morning over Ponyville and Junior was walking through the halls of the school in silence. His peers briskly moved out of his path as the delinquent came into sight, their whispers filling his ears. However, they were on the topic of hearing about what had happened during gym yesterday. Glares of disapproval were shot at Junior as he passed by the students that were brave enough to make eye contact with him.

'Un-freaking believable. Word gets around fast,' thought Junior in annoyance as he continued on through the hall. He was growing more frustrated as he heard the whispers. It was as though those who were present on that day had neglected to mention that what had happened was an accident. Junior mentally scoffed as he picked up his pace and made his way into his home room class. He made his way over to his desk and pulled out his text book from his back pack. Junior yawned as he sat down in his seat.

'I wonder when I should give the group the application. Wait, where is that club anyway?' thought Junior as he reached into his bag and pulled out his application for the Friendship Club. He began to scan through it as he searched for any text that gave its location.

"Oh. There it is," muttered Junior as he read the text. "Hmm. C-wing, class room number 498.

"Morning Gojira!" greeted a feminine voice. Junior immediately placed the application sheet down with a neutral expression. He turned and found Mosura taking a seat behind the Transmutant with a smile on her face.

"Oh. Hey, Mosura," greeted Junior as he turned forward.

"What are you reading?" asked Mosura in curiosity. She raised herself out her seat and leaned over Junior's shoulder.

'Shit!' thought Junior. He quickly placed his arms over the paper as he hid the application sheet.

"Nothing. Just a grocery list," said Junior in a neutral tone.

"OOOK? Why are you hiding it?" asked Mosura as she tried to peak at the paper.

"No particular reason," said Junior as he moved to the side, obscuring Mosura's sight. The girl shrugged in response, not wanting to further pester the Transmutant about the matter.

"Right. Hey, I heard about what happened yesterday," said Mosura as she sat back down in her seat.

"I don't know what you're talking about," said Junior in a nonchalant tone.

"You know. You ended up sending someone to the nurse's office," said Mosura as she rested her chin on her hand.

"Why does this concern you?" asked Junior in annoyance.

"Well, I just want to get the facts. People are saying that it was on purpose during a game of dodgeball, but I want to hear your side of the story. Was it an accident?" asked Mosura.

"What difference does it make? As if you'd believe me," scoffed Junior.

"Oh yeah? I can actually tell if you're lying or telling the truth," said Mosura with a smile. Junior sighed in annoyance as he turned to face Mosura.

"Fine, I did it on purpose," said Junior with a hard stare. Mosura stared at him blankly. The two were locked in a staring contest that lasted for several seconds. Mosura then smirked.

"Liar," said Mosura. Junior's brow twitched in response. He turned back around in his desk and took out his pencil and eraser.

"What was up with you lying about it? Are you embarrassed that you feel bad about it?" asked Mosura.

"That's stupid. Why the hell would I be embarrassed over that? Also, I don't feel bad," scoffed Junior. Mosura gave a soft chuckle under her breath.

"I detect a lie in there~," sang Mosura. Junior scowled in response.

"Say, why are you talking to me? You never say a word to me in class," said Junior.

"What? You don't like it when I talk to you?" asked Mosura with a look of hurt.

"I didn't say that. I just wanna know why now," said Junior.

"Well, here's the thing. I thought maybe... You could use someone to talk to you. Ever since I found out that you don't normally socialize with others given your reputation, I thought I'd talk to you," said Mosura.

"So you're doing this to make yourself look good before our peers by being the nice girl that talks to the loner? Very classy, Mosura. Just what I expect out of a popular girl," said Junior. Mosura scowled in response. She tapped her fist against his shoulder.

"No, I just thought it'd be nice to have a conversation with someone I've never talked to before. I figured since you don't really talk to anyone, you'd have no reason to avoid it," replied Mosura.

"Oh, God bless your sweet little heart," mocked Junior. Mosura rolled her eyes in response.

"Fine. I guess you're not in a good mood today. But I'm not gonna stop trying to get you to willingly converse with me," said Mosura with a smile.

"Don't hold your breath," said Junior with a chuckle.


Later...

It was fourth period. Junior had spent half the day listening to the constant rumors being spread with how he intentionally harmed Applejack. Humans were so frail compared to him and most Transmutants that they should expect an injury during a physical activity. But in all fairness, he was using an unnecessary amount of strength before Applejack was hurt.

Junior sat down at his desk during his Algebra class. Sunset Shimmer hovered over his shoulder as she observed the Transmutant working on part of the homework that the class was allowed to get a head start on.

"No, no. You forgot to carry the one here. Do that, and you should come up with the correct answer for the equation," said Sunset. Junior sighed as he lowered his head.

"Why me?" asked Junior.

"Look, you're just over thinking it. All you need to do is look over the notes and try to apply the same basic formula that we learned to here," said Sunset as she pointed at Junior's worksheet.

"Uh, 'we'? You're the mathematical genius in our class. I bet you learned this shit while you were a freshmen," said Junior.

"That's a bit of an exaggeration. I actually studied ahead for Algebra as a sophomore," said Sunset in a proud tone. "I'm also pretty good at science, English, and-"

"I get it. You're the Einstein of our generation," said Junior in annoyance.

"Alright, just redo the incorrect part of the equation and move on to the next question," said Sunset as she crossed her arms. Junior scribbled down the correct form of the equation with a scowl. He glanced at his cell phone on his desk and pressed the button on it. It displayed the time. His ears perked as he heard Sunset snapping her fingers.

"Hey! Hey! Focus!" said Sunset in disapproval.

"I'm checking the time. I have to be somewhere during lunch," said Junior. Something about people snapping their fingers at him irked him. To avoid snapping at the girl for making such sounds as if he were a child, he decided to get back to work.

"Oh yeah? Where to?" asked Sunset in curiosity.

"That's none of your business. I just need somewhere to be," said Junior. Sunset huffed in response at the Transmutant's rude response.

"I hope you're not rude to your mother like you are right now," said Sunset.

"Of course not," muttered Junior as he moved on to the next question.

"What was that?" asked Sunset with a raised brow.

"Nothing. Just forget it," said Junior as he worked through the question. Sunset sighed as she leaned against an empty desk.

"Hey, Sunset! Are you and Flash coming over to the party this weekend?" asked a male student from the other side of the room. Sunset turned her head to face him.

"You bet!" said Sunset with a nod.

"Awesome! Hopefully you won't have to tutor that jerk over there," said the student.

"Oh. W-Well..." Sunset rubbed the back of her head in response. She then noticed the neutral expression that Junior held.

"Hey, asshole! You better not keep Sunset Shimmer from coming to the wicked party with your stupidity!" said another male student. Junior scowled.

"Hey, guys-" Sunset turned to face the other students but was interrupted as Junior placed his pencil down and stood up from his seat. He turned to face the second male student with a hard stare.

"Say that again. Come on, I dare you," said Junior in a low tone.

"Uh..." the second male student looked away with a nervous expression.

"Oh? What happened to that hot shit you were spouting? It was pretty good," said Junior as he left his desk and approached the student with a menacing smile. The student backed up against the wall as he trembled in place.

"Come on. What else you got to say to me?" asked Junior in a low tone. Sunset looked on anxiously.

"Gojira..." called Sunset.

"N-N-Nothing! I have nothing else to say!" said the student frantically. Junior smirked in response.

"Hmph. Yeah, that's what I thought. Wuss," said Junior as he pushed the student back. He then made his way back to his seat, where Sunset stood by in relief. She turned over to the side with a scowl as she found the teacher to be sleeping at her desk. The irresponsibility in that woman could have been disastrous for the whole class.

"Yeah, you guys can all go to hell," said Junior as he picked his pencil back up and went back to writing. The rest of the students nervously went back to minding their own businesses after the confrontation. Sunset leaned back over Junior's shoulder.

"Hey, you can go ahead and do whatever. I can take it from here," said Junior as he glanced at Sunset.

"Wait, are you sure?" asked Sunset.

"Yeah, sure. I wouldn't want to keep you and your boyfriend from that party," said Junior as he went back to his paper. Sunset looked at him in surprise.

"Wha- No. No, it's not a big-" Sunset was interrupted as Junior began to pack his bag.

"It's about time to go anyway," said Junior as he placed his binder back into his backpack. On cue, the school bell rang for lunch. The rest of the students all got up out of their seats in quick paces, to escape the thick atmosphere that was created by the Transmutant's work of intimidation. Junior stood up to his feet and moved passed Sunset.

"Uh..." Sunset failed to call out to the Transmutant as he walked out the door. She slumped her shoulders in response and sighed. Her cell phone suddenly vibrated in her pocket. Sunset reached for it and pulled it out. She found a text that read, 'Are you coming to the club room today at lunch?' Sunset began to text a reply as she made her way over to her backpack on her desk.


Junior sat down in the cafeteria in silence as he ate his lunch. Rodan was conversing with the other Transmutants that were at the desk with them.

"Hey, Goji. How you doing today, buddy?" asked Rodan.

"We're not buddies. And I'm fine," said Junior as he went back to eating his food.

"Well, that's good to hear. I heard AJ is doing alright too," said Rodan.

"Good for her," said Junior as he drank his bottle of water.

"Say, you think I have a chance with the southern belle of our school?" asked Rodan with a grin. Junior snorted in response.

"Sure! When hell freezes over," said Junior with a smirk. Rodan scowled in response.

"Wow. You're cold man. No support for a brother," said Rodan.

"Rodan, why would she wanna date a Transmutant? Hell, why you out of all the guys in this school?" asked Junior.

"Because I'm the love doctor! The ladies can't get enough of me!" said Rodan.

"Yeah, except when they do," said Junior as he ate his meal. Rodan tapped Junior's shoulder.

"Dude, come on. You at least have to agree with me that she's hot," said Rodan. He then leaned closer to Junior. "I mean, I've seen you checking out her thighs one time during gym class,"

Junior flushed furiously at this. He scowled as he scooted away. Rodan chuckled.

"Hey, bro. No need to be embarrassed! She does have some nice legs, and any guy would look," said Rodan with a sly smile.

"Rodan, if you want to live, you will not mention this to anyone," said Junior with a glare.

"My lips are sealed, homie," said Rodan as he pretended to zip his lips shut. The two remained in an awkward silence. Rodan turned to face Junior.

"So, what's your favorite part of the female body?" asked Rodan in curiosity.

"Rodan!" said Junior in annoyance.

"Uh. Never mind. I bet you're a legman," said Rodan with a chuckle. Junior groaned in response as he stood up from his seat and began to walk away.

"Hey! No judgments man! It's OK!" said Rodan.

"Shut up!" said Junior as he tossed his trash into the garbage can in the center of the cafeteria. Rodan chuckled as he shook his head.

Junior scowled as he exited the cafeteria and made his way down the hall. He was just about to make his way out to the quad until he remembered what he had prepared himself for. Junior stopped and reached into his back pack. He took out his application sheet and read where the club room was located. Junior spent the next couple of minutes walking through the halls and up the stairs for this club room. He came across the second floor and continued on until he found the numbers leading up to the club room. He muttered the number to himself as he scanned the doors. He then stopped as he came across a door on the far end of the hall. He made sure that he was at the right area. Junior sighed as he slumped his shoulders.

"Am I really going to do this?" asked Junior. He then heard voices from behind the door. Junior imagined himself walking inside of the classroom, being greeted by immediate ridicule. He was going to venture off into unknown territory with five strangers.

"Oh wait. Fluttershy is here too," said Junior. Scratch that, it would be four strangers and one acquaintance that may be showing him not genuine kindness. However, Junior was put somewhat at ease that he would be near someone that he was familiar with, even though there was the possibility of his application being rejected in a heartbeat.

Junior sighed as he steeled himself. The Transmutant placed his hand on the door handle and twisted it. He then gently pushed the door open, allowing the voices to grow louder in his hearing. The door creaked as he opened it further. The voices suddenly died down as Junior entered the room. Inside, wide tables were placed at the sides of the room while four of them were placed together in some sort of round table like fashion. A white board was built into the wall at the front of the class room, where erasers and markers lied. The sources of the voices came from the center of the room at these tables that were put together. As expected, Junior caught sight of Fluttershy. However, his eyes widened as he caught sight of how the club mostly comprised of girls. But, what surprised him more was how he recognized two others. He spotted Sunset and Mosura, along with two other girls that he was unfamiliar with. Mosura and Sunset looked at him in surprise.

"Gojira?" asked Mosura and Sunset in unison. A girl with long green hair and eyes sat by nervously as she recognized the Transmutant. Fluttershy smiled.

"Hello, Gojira," greeted Fluttershy.

"Hey," greeted Junior with a nod. He then cleared his throat. "Um... Which one of you is the club president?"

"That'd be me," said one of the girls. She stood up from her seat and approached Junior.

'Wait, isn't she friends with Fluttershy?' thought Junior. He recognized this petite girl with navy blue hair with pink and violet highlights.

"I'm Twilight Sparkle. President of the Friendship Club. How may I help you?" asked Twilight. Junior pulled out his application sheet and handed it to her.

"I uh... I wanted to apply to your club. Principle Celestia recommended it to me," said Junior. Twilight looked at him in confusion. Sunset and Mosura looked at each other in shock while Fluttershy grinned. Twilight looked at the application and sure enough, she found his signature. Twilight looked at him with wide eyes.

"Are... Are you serious?" asked Twilight.

"I honestly have better things to do instead of making a joke about this," deadpanned Junior. Twilight glanced at the rest of the club members, who merely held confused expressions. Twilight cleared her throat as she turned to face Junior.

"Well, given your reputation, I think it's fair that the group holds a meeting about this," said Twilight. Junior's brow twitched in response.

'Don't retort, Gojira. She does have a point,' thought Junior. The Transmutant nodded in response.

"Fair enough," said Junior.

"Could you wait outside? We'll let you back in when we're done," said Twilight. Junior nodded.

"OK," said Junior as he turned and made his way out of the classroom. He stood outside by the door with his arms crossed. The Transmutant smirked.

"Hmph. I bet they are gonna reject my application. Principle Celestia, prepare to see just how hypocritical this little club is," said Junior as he placed his hands behind his head. "Maybe with any luck, they'll stop harassing me to try to make friends."

Back inside of the club room, the girls all were assembled in their seats. Twilight sat down at her desk with the application in front of herself, staring at it intensely. As many times that she blinked, the girl would not wake up from this strange dream. It was as though the world was turned onto its ear.

"This has to be some kind of joke," said Twilight as she looked at her club members.

"No, I'm in the same class as the guy. He would never waste his time with making jokes like this." said Mosura.

"But... Why? He never seemed like he'd be interested in joining clubs," said Sunset in confusion.

"Maybe he is. He was probably just too shy to join any," said Fluttershy with a shrug. Twilight turned to the green haired girl in curiosity.

"Erika, what do you think?" asked Twilight. Erika twiddled her thumbs as she glanced at the door where the Transmutant was.

"W-Well... I don't know. But are we really considering letting him join? I mean, he doesn't really have the best reputation in school," said Erika.

"Yeah, you do raise a good point. I just can't understand why he would suddenly join a club," said Twilight as she scratched her head.

"I don't know about this, girls," said Twilight. Fluttershy lightly frowned in response. Erika nodded in agreement.

"Yeah. I mean, no offense to him, but he's not much of a people person," said Erika.

"Um... I'd like to speak in Gojira's defense," said Fluttershy as she raised up from her seat. Curious, the other girls focused their attention on her.

"Well, we all know that Gojira isn't the nicest person in school. In fact, he's pretty mean," said Fluttershy.

"That's an understatement," muttered Sunset as she propped her chin up on the desk.

"But, I... I think he can be nice," said Fluttershy as she twirled her finger against some strands of her rose pink colored hair.

"I mean, he could only be mean because no one at school really shows him any kindness. Isn't the point of our club to extend a hand of friendship to our fellow students?" asked Fluttershy. Twilight looked down at the application sheet and rubbed her chin in thought. It would be cold if they were to automatically shoot down the boy's application. Still, she was uncertain how he would behave in the club.

"Well, what do you girls think?" asked Twilight.

"If he wants to join, then why not? It gives me the chance to get to know the sourpuss," chuckled Mosura.

"Sure. I think it's a good opportunity to train him to behave," said Sunset with a smirk as she crossed her arms.

"T-Train him?" asked Fluttershy with a look of alarm. In her mind, she imagined Junior being bound by a leash, sitting outside of a dog house on his knees. Sunset bore a smirk on her face as she held the leash while Mosura taught the Transmutant to shake. Twilight smacked his nose with a rolled up newspaper for threatening another student with violence. Fluttershy's face flushed as she imagined Junior with dark dog ears and a tail. She suddenly visualized the Transmutant as a charcoal grey Akita dog. Fluttershy giggled to herself as she visualized herself giving the dog version of Junior a belly rub.

"Train him? That sounds kinda cruel," said Mosura.

"I'm just kidding," chuckled Sunset.

"Hehe. That's a good boy," Fluttershy muttered to herself. The rest of the girls all looked at Fluttershy in confusion.

"What?" asked Twilight.

"Nothing!" said Fluttershy with a look of embarrassment. Twilight shrugged in response and turned to Erika.

"Erika?" called Twilight. Erika Shiragami rubbed her arm in response. The curious stares for her answer made her uneasy. She sighed.

"I guess it'd be fine," said Erika. Twilight nodded in response.

"Very well. Motion has been passed. Fluttershy, could you let Gojira back in?" asked Twilight. Fluttershy nodded as she left her seat and made her way over to the door. She opened it and peaked outside. She found Junior standing by.

"You can come in now," said Fluttershy.

"Alright. Let's get it over with," said Junior as he stepped inside. He stood before the club members with a neutral expression.

"Gojira Takeshi the second. After our discussion, we've made a decision," said Twilight.

"Yep. Here it comes," muttered Junior to himself. Twilight stood up from her seat and approached the Transmutant with a smile on her face.

"Your application has been accepted," said Twilight. Junior's eyes widened.

"Wait, what?" asked Junior. Twilight held her hand out to Junior.

"Welcome aboard, new club member," said Twilight. Junior stared at her hand in disbelief. He was just waiting for his request to shut down. Once and for all, he was going to prove the hypocrisy of these humans in this so called, 'Friendship Club'. But, that didn't seem to be the case. He looked at her in disbelief.

"You're bullshitting me, right?" asked Junior. Twilight's shoulders slumped in response.

"Uh... No, we're serious. You applied, we discussed it, and we accepted it. You're officially a club member now," said Twilight. Junior's shoulders slumped.

"Oh," said Junior. An awkward silence filled the air. Junior looked away as he scratched his neck.

"Heh. This is awkward," said Junior. Twilight looked at him in confusion.

"Huh? Why?" asked Twilight. Junior shook his head.

"Eh. Forget it. Um... Happy to be aboard, I guess," said Junior as he shook Twilight's hand. The sound of the school bell ringing reached the ears of the group.

"Oh! Lunch is over," said Mosura as she shot up to her feet.

"Alright, club dismissed guys. We're meeting back here after school! Gojira, come on by for your orientation," said Twilight as she made her way to her seat and took her bag.

"OK," said Junior as Twilight passed him. The rest of the girls packed up their things and prepared to leave. Erika briskly walked out of the classroom while Sunset glanced at Junior as she followed her. Mosura gave Junior a smile as she walked passed him.

"I'm looking forward to this, Gojira," said Mosura.

"Uh sure," said Junior with a nod. Mosura waved at him.

"Bye~," sang Mosura as she hummed to herself. Junior turned to watch her leave with a raised brow.

"Huh," said Junior. Fluttershy walked to his side.

"Is something wrong?" asked Fluttershy.

"Yeah. I could swear that my application was going to get shot down," said Junior in disbelief. Fluttershy smiled.

"Well, it wasn't. You're going to love the club!" said Fluttershy as the two left the classroom. She jogged down the hall as she waved to him.

"See you after school!" said Fluttershy. Junior stood with a blank expression as he watched the timid girl leave his sight. He stood in silence, alone, and confused.

"Shit. Looks like I'll have to be in this club after all," said Junior as he slumped his shoulders.


Later...

Twilight stood in front of Junior with a smile. Alongside her were the rest of the club members. School had ended, and now was the time where she was going to walk the Transmutant through his first day as a club member.

"Now, Gojira. The Friendship Club is-"

"The club is dedicated to befriending other students, offering services for the community and the school, and forming friendships among fellow group members. Fluttershy gave me the basic idea of it already," interrupted Junior.

"Oh. Alright then. Um... Well, let’s discuss schedules," said Twilight as she led Junior over to a wall that bore a calendar.

"You see, I took the liberty of scheduling some activities for our club for the sake of remaining organized and to keep our club from erupting into chaos. We have club gatherings at least four times a week. From Tuesdays to Fridays," said Twilight as she gestured to the calendar.

"Noted," said Junior.

"As you can see, we're actually supposed to be helping Fluttershy for volunteer work at the local animal shelter today. So, I hope you don't have any plans today," said Twilight.

"I may be free," said Junior. Deep down, he was actually groaning as he had hopes of going home early to sleep. Once again, he would have to suck it up and push through the day.

"Oh! Since we are students, we sometimes hold study sessions together during lunch and after school. So if you're struggling with any work, feel free to drop by here and ask!" said Twilight with a grin.

'Why the hell is she so eager about a study session?' thought Junior. He nodded to her in response, deciding against voicing his thoughts.

"I don't think we introduced Erika Shiragami to you. You already know Sunset, Mosura and Fluttershy, but..." Twilight turned to face Erika as she gestured for her to come forward. Hesitantly, Erika approached the two. She stepped closer to Junior, standing at five foot seven in height.

"Um...hello," greeted Erika nervously.

'Yeah. She's one of the ones skittish around me,' thought Junior.

"Hey," greeted Junior, dryly. Erika quickly stepped back with a nervous smile on her face.

"Now that we got introductions out of the way, what now?" asked Junior.

"Now, we head off to the animal shelter. Get ready for your first day as a member, Gojira," said Twilight as she walked past the Transmutant and led the group outside of the class. Junior sighed to himself as he followed them.


The club members all walked together through town in silence. Idle conversations went between the teens as they made their way to the animal shelter. Sunset Shimmer slowed her pace down until she was walking at Junior's side.

"So, this was the thing that you had to do?" asked Sunset. Junior scowled as he looked away.

"Yes," said Junior. There was no point in lying about it.

"Why didn't you want to tell me?" asked Sunset.

"As I said, it was none of your business. Besides, I didn't know that you were a member of this group," said Junior. Sunset shot him a glare.

"What? Is it a problem for you?" asked Sunset.

"No, I just didn't know you were a member. I might have said something if I knew," said Junior. Sunset stared at him with a blank expression for several seconds. Junior's brow twitched in annoyance at how she was silently staring at him.

"What?" asked Junior.

"Uh... Nothing. Sorry, I was expecting you to say that you did have a problem with it," said Sunset as she turned away.

'Not yet at least,' thought Junior. A majority of the group may have welcomed in with smiles, but Junior thought it'd be a matter of time before that changed. These girls were no different from the pretentious douche bags that he had the displeasure of running into.

"Gojira, how do you feel about animals? Are you allergic to any?" asked Twilight.

"Not that I know of. I don't really care all that much for animals," said Junior.

"Hmm. Well, I'll take that as you not minding the job of helping care for them," said Twilight with a smile. The group soon came across a building that sat near a corner block. On it was a poster of a cat and dog sitting side by side. The group entered the animal shelter and found themselves inside of a room filled with multiple chairs. A few people sat in these seats, while a man sat at the front desk in the room. Twilight led the group to this man. Fluttershy stepped forward.

"Um... These are the club members that I told you about," said Fluttershy. The man turned from his computer and smiled.

"Excellent! My, you sure did bring in a good number of help today!" said the man. He then pointed to the door that was by his desk.

"You kids go on ahead and Fluttershy will help you all get settled," said the man. Twilight nodded in response. The group entered through and made their way down a long hallway. Fluttershy led them to a room filled with tools, garbage bags, cat litter, treats, and other needs for a pet before stopping next to a wall where a schedule was.

"OK, there's a list of things that needs to be done for the next couple of hours. We have to clean the cages, feed the animals, give a couple sick ones their medicine, and play with them," said Fluttershy.

"Play with them?" asked Junior.

"Yep. These orphaned creatures have no owner to take them home and are living here without someone to love them. We have to show these little critters love so they can go on for another day until someone takes them in," said Fluttershy.

"What I'd give to be alone," mumbled Junior with envy.

"I'm sorry?" asked Fluttershy with a tilt of her head.

"I said, 'what I'd give for a new phone'." Junior made his way over to a box of latex gloves and pulled out a pair.

"Well, let's clean up some dirty cages," said Junior.

"Wow. You seem motivated," said Mosura in surprise.

"Oh hell no. I'm dreading to see what unholy mess has been left behind by a cluster fuck of animals," said Junior with a shudder. Sunset smirked.

"Ah. There's your recognizable character trait," said Sunset.


Junior carried bags of soiled litter from rabbit and cat cages. He gagged at the smell that his sensitive nose was able to pick up. In fact, his nose stung from the smell of the animals that seemed to not have taken a bath. He hoped that bathing was on the list for the animals. After throwing out the trash, Junior returned and found the girls replacing the litter. Fluttershy and Erika were kneeling beside a few cats and rabbits as they waited for the litter to be replenished. When that was done, the animals were placed back in their cages. Next, the bird cages were cleaned. Fluttershy giggled as she held a blue bird that was perched on her finger.

"Aaaah aah aah aah aaah~." Fluttershy vocalized to the bird. It responded with musical tweets, matching her tone. As Junior scrubbed a smelly old dog with a brush, his ears perked. He turned and found a few birds landing Fluttershy's shoulders and head as she continued to vocalize. The birds all gave musical whistles, drawing this attention of the other girls.

'Wow. Those are some nice vocals,' thought Junior with a light smile. The rest of the girls applauded Fluttershy.

"That was beautiful!" said Erika.

"I never knew you could sing, Fluttershy. I'm impressed!" said Mosura with a grin. Fluttershy smiled bashfully.

"Yeah, you're great!" said Sunset.

"Oh, I'm OK," said Fluttershy.

"Don't be so modest, Fluttershy. The others and I are always impressed! Even our newest members like your singing," said Twilight. Junior raised a brow.

'New? Wait, the others haven't been here any longer than I have?' thought Junior.

"What did you think, Gojira?" asked Mosura.

"Huh?" Junior snapped back into the present and found the girls staring. Curiosity was in their eyes for the delinquent's opinion.

"Fluttershy's singing. What did you think?" asked Mosura. Junior cleared his throat.

"Uh... I-It was OK. I guess," said Junior as he immediately went back to scrubbing the dog. Truthfully, he thought the timid girl's vocalizing was beautiful, but he couldn't let them know that. It was too embarrassing to compliment a pretty girl in her face. The teasing he might suffer from the others would be too much.

The rest of the girls looked at him in disbelief. Junior's brow twitched in annoyance as he felt the stares. Fluttershy rubbed her arm at Junior's vague response. She was actually looking forward to hearing him compliment her. She thought maybe her type of singing wasn't his style. To her, Junior looked more like some that would listen to rock instead.

"Can you girls stop staring at me? It's bugging me," said Junior. The girls immediately turned away and went back to work. Junior sighed as he scrubbed the dog.

"When was the last time they gave you a bath?" asked Junior as he continued to scrub the dog. It merely grunted in response.

"Yeah, it might be my shitty enhanced sense of smell," said Junior as he grabbed a hose and began to rinse the dog off, allowing the soap to flow down the drain in the ground. The dog suddenly shook off the water that drenched its fur. Junior shielded his face from the water droplets. He looked at the dog in annoyance.

"Nice," said Junior with a cynical tone. The dog merely sat on its rear as it wagged its tail.

"I think he likes you," said Mosura. Junior turned and found Mosura leaning over the small concrete wall that sealed the Transmutant and dog inside. Mosura held out a towel towards him with a smile on her face.

"He'd be the first," said Junior as he took the towel and began to wipe the water off of his face. He then began to dry the dog off with the towel when he was through.

"Hey, can I ask you a question?" asked Mosura.

"What?" asked Junior as he rubbed the towel over the dog's head.

"What made you decide to join a club?" asked Mosura in curiosity. Junior scowled as he glanced at Mosura.

"I take it that if I were to avoid the question, you'd pester me?" asked Junior.

"Yep!" said Mosura with a chuckle. Junior stood up and carried the wet dog over to its cage.

"I guess you can say that I'm trying different things. Just trying to mix up my school life a little," said Junior. He knelt down and ushered the dog into the cage, where it lied down on a pillow and snorted. The Transmutant then reached up to a cat's cage and opened it.

"That's nice," said Mosura.

"Heh. Yeah," said Junior with a roll of his eyes. He then hardened his eyes as the cat's fur erected and its blue eyes were wide open.

"Do not make it harder than it has to be," said Junior. The cat yowled in response as it backed further back into its cage. Junior sighed in response as he reached inside of the cage. The cat hissed as it swiped at its paw at the Transmutant's hand.

"Ow! Son of a bitch!" cried Junior as he pulled his hand back from the cage.

"Oh no!" cried Mosura as she found Junior’s hand to be bleeding from the scratch. Junior glared at the cat in response.

"You little-" Junior brought his hand to his mouth and licked the cuts. Mosura slapped his shoulder in response, causing Junior to look at her in annoyance.

"Don't lick your wounds! That's unsanitary!" said Mosura in a scolding tone.

"But it stings," said Junior. He then wiped his hand against his sweater.

"Doesn't matter! Do you know how dirty the human mouth is compared to an animal's without rabies? You can get a flesh eating disease or something!" said Mosura. Junior scoffed in response.

"Fine, but it's not like the cuts were that deep to begin with,"

Junior reached back into the cage for the cat. The feline hissed as it swiped its paw at him again. Junior scowled in response.

"Fine, stay in your own stench. No one's gonna want to adopt you if you smell like piss," said Junior as he closed the cage.

"That's encouraging," said Mosura with a roll of her eyes.

"I'm not here to encourage them. Just to clean them," said Junior as he turned to another dog cage and allowed a few puppies to scatter out.

"Aw damn it!" said Junior as the puppies fled. Junior managed to grab two of the yipping pups while two others ran through the room. Mosura smiled in amusement as she made her way over to the two free pups and picked them up.

"Hey, why don't I help you out with washing the dogs? I think some of them are going to be a handful," said Mosura as she made her way over to the shower area.

"I can do it myself," said Junior as he placed the puppies down on the ground in the shower area.

"Goji, this is a club effort. We'll never get out of here if we don't work together," said Mosura as she turned on the hose and allowed the water to fall on the ground. The puppies yipped excitedly as they ran towards the water and began to roll around in the water.

"It's Gojira," said Junior with a scowl.

"Aww! Man, I wish I had a dog," said Mosura a she watched the pups play in the water. Junior sighed.

"And you're not listening," said Junior. He then shook his head as he grabbed the animal shampoo and knelt near the pups.

"Fine, whatever," said Junior. Mosura smiled as she watched Junior gently grab a puppy and began to scrub its fur.

"Have you ever had pets before?" asked Mosura.

"No. I just sometimes come across a stray every now and then," said Junior.

"Oh, so you feed strays and give them love? That's so sweet of you," said Mosura. Junior cringed in response.

"No, I just pet them," said Junior.

"Sure," said Mosura with a smile.


Junior stood in the corner of the hall in silence. He was looking through his phone as he read his text message conversation with his mother. His face was flushing as he read that his mother was teasing him over the fact that he was in a club that was comprised of mostly girls. He groaned as he slumped his head. The sound of grunting reached his ears. Junior turned and found Twilight in a storage room that was filled with bowls and food for the animals.

"Whoa!" yelped Twilight as she struggled to bring down a large bag of kibble. She gasped as she nearly dropped the heavy bag.

'Man, she's weak,' thought Junior as he placed his phone back into his pocket. He made his way over to Twilight and grabbed the bag of kibble.

"I got it," said Junior as he lowered the bag to the ground.

"Oh. Thanks," said Twilight in surprise. The Transmutant grabbed a couple of bowls and placed them on the ground and proceeded to poor kibble into them.

"Do you often lift heavy things?" asked Junior as he placed the bag down.

"Uh...no, not really," tittered Twilight in embarrassment. She hated to admit it, but she wasn't the most athletic girl in school. She was physically fit, but she mostly spent her time with her nose in a book rather than working out to build strength, though she did carry lots of books.

"Oh! I sometimes carry at least three to five books when at the library. They're uh... they're pretty heavy," said Twilight, hoping to continue a conversation with the Transmutant. She found it odd that she was socializing with someone as him, but she wasn't opposed to doing so. Twilight wondered what kind of topics he would be interested in.

"Hmm. I bet," said Junior as he grabbed a bag of cat food and poured the contents into a few bowls. Twilight rubbed her arm as she thought of how to respond. Then, an idea popped into her ingenious mind. She would try to follow up with the language of what's hip. Twilight cleared her throat.

"Yeah, but it's no biggie! I uh... I'm thinking of hittin' the gym. Build up my biceps," said Twilight as she flexed her arm. Junior raised a brow in response.

'What the hell?' thought Junior.

"You know, I'm really digging that sweater! Uh...homie?" said Twilight with an unsure expression. Junior stared at her blankly.

"Uh... thank you?" responded Junior.

"Yo, it's pretty fly, G-man! Uh... you got some swag!" said Twilight with a grin.

'Haha! I must be succeeding!' thought Twilight.

'Ugh. I hate the word, 'swag' so much,' thought Junior.

"Yeaaah," said Junior as he poured rabbit food into a bowl. Twilight rubbed her head as she tried to think up any more slang that she had heard from school to use to relate to the Transmutant. She was willing to do whatever to make him comfortable socially in the club. Junior stood up with the bowls as he left the storage room.

"uh... hold up!" cried Twilight. Junior briskly walked down the hall with a bead of sweat on his head.

'Don't encourage her, don't encourage her,' thought Junior as he made his way back to where the other girls were playing with the dogs and cats. He placed the bowls down on the ground. He then stuck the rabbit food into the rabbit cage.

"Gojira, don't leave a sister hangin'!" said Twilight as she arrived out of the hall. This drew the attention of the rest of the girls.

"Did she just..." Erika leaned next to Mosura with a look of confusion.

"Be real with me, bro! If you ain't feelin' the vibe, then I apologize. I ain't tryin' to get up in yo grill!" said Twilight. Junior began to cringe as Twilight spoke with so much slang.

"Yeah, she is," said Mosura in disbelief. Fluttershy and Sunset looked at each other in confusion.

"Twilight, what are you doing?" asked Fluttershy. Twilight leaned next to her friend as she cupped her hand over the side of her mouth.

"I'm trying to make Gojira more comfortable with socializing with us since he's going to be in our club for now on. I'm using slang to appeal to him," whispered Twilight. Sunset hummed in thought.

"Oh, I see!" said Sunset.

"Really?" asked Fluttershy in confusion. She then shook her head. "Twilight, you don't have to talk like-"

"Gojira, what up playa?" asked Sunset. Erika face palmed in response.

"Oh, it hurts to watch," said Erika. Junior slumped his shoulders.

"No, please stop," muttered Junior. He couldn't take the bizarre actions that were being made by these intelligent girls, who had sacrificed their proper grammar for slang that would make them seem uneducated. It was painful to listen and watch.

"No, it's all good, son!" said Sunset a she and Twilight approached Junior.

"Son?" asked Junior.

"Yo, I'm all about the math yo! If you down for a study session so you don't flunk, I'm all ears bra! Ya know what I mean, Gojira?" said Sunset.

"That's right, my ninja!" said Twilight with a grin. An awkward silence filled the air. Mosura cupped her mouth as she attempted to keep herself from laughing while Fluttershy stared in confusion. Erika merely hid her face, feeling embarrassed for being in the same room as the two. Junior kept a blank expression, which worried Twilight and Sunset.

"You know, I'm very inclined right now to make a comment about how you two fit the stereotype of white girls trying to speak with mostly slang to appeal to a certain group, but the PC police might call me a racist," deadpanned Junior. Mosura snorted in response.

"Y-Yeah. Well said," snickered Mosura.

"Twilight, Sunset," called Junior.

"Yeah?" asked Sunset and Twilight in unison.

"Don't you ever, ever, ever, ever, talk like that again," said Junior. Twilight and Sunset looked away from the Transmutant in embarrassment.

"Sorry," said the two girls in unison.

'Dorks,' thought Junior with a scowl.


Later...

Fluttershy sat on her knees as she petted a kitten that lied on her lap. She lightly smiled as the feline gave a purr as it nuzzled itself against her lap. Twilight and Sunset were conversing with each other while Mosura tugged on a rope while a dog pulled on it. Erika sat on the ground with a rabbit on her lap. Meanwhile, Junior sat in the corner of the room after getting some of the older animals back into their cages. He sighed as he pulled his hood over his head and leaned against the wall with his arms crossed. He was growing more tired as the hours went by. It was already six in the evening, and they still had thirty minutes to go before they could all head home. The Transmutant wanted nothing more than to leave right now. But then he may have to deal with being nagged at for not being 'committed' to the club. His head slightly lowered as he sat against the wall.

Fluttershy raised her head and lightly frowned as she found the Transmutant sitting alone. She cleared her throat as she worked up the courage to talk to the Transmutant.

"Um... Gojira, would you like to pet Ms. Snow?" asked Fluttershy as she gestured to the kitten. Junior remained silent as he sat in the corner. She lightly frowned at his lack of response. Sunset scowled in response.

"You know, it wouldn't hurt you to give a yes or no answer, Gojira Takeshi," said Sunset. Junior did not answer. He remained in his posture, like a stone statue. Mosura raised a brow.

"Gojira? Are you alright?" asked Mosura. Twilight stood up from the ground and approached the Transmutant. She knelt beside him.

"Gojira?" called Twilight as she shook Junior's shoulder. She gasped as the Transmutant suddenly slumped over to the side and lied down on the ground. Erika looked on worriedly.

"Is he alright?" asked Erika. Twilight tilted her head in confusion as she observed the Transmutant that lied prone on the ground.

"He's asleep," said Twilight.

"Seriously?! Who falls asleep that fast?!" asked Sunset in disbelief.

"Gojira does, apparently," said Mosura as she approached Junior with a look of curiosity. Just as Twilight said, he was sleeping with closed eyes and calm breathing. Curiously, Fluttershy approached and knelt down beside the Transmutant with the others as well.

"Poor thing. He must be exhausted," said Fluttershy with a light smile. Erika peeked over him with a calm expression, where normally she would be wary around him.

"He looks calmer when he's sleeping," said Erika. The girls all watched Junior sleep in silence with only the sound of his breathing and the occasional sounds of pets filling their ears.

"Should we wake him up?" asked Fluttershy.

"Nah. I say leave him be until it's time to go," said Mosura as she sat on the ground behind Junior and picked his head up. She gently laid it on her lap.

"Getting a little friendly, eh?" Sunset said teasingly.

"If by friendly, you mean giving his head a comfortable resting place as a friend, then yes," said Mosura with a chuckle. Junior sighed as he stirred in his sleep. The girls watched with interest at how the violent delinquent was so calm and harmless in his sleep. Fluttershy lightly smiled at his calm demeanor when she was used to seeing him having a stern and rugged one. Even if he was asleep, it was a nice view.


Junior felt himself in a blissful sleep as his head rested against a soft surface. A gentle voice called his name. He stirred as the voice grew a little louder. He then felt cold fingers on his cheeks. Junior's brows furrowed in his sleep.

"Gojira," whispered Mosura as she shook the Transmutant. Junior yawned as his eyes began to open. He heard Mosura give a soft giggle.

"Hmm?" Junior's vision strained as they attempted to focus on the blurred image that hovered over himself. Soon, it began to focus, painting a picture that nearly gave him a heart attack.

"Rise and shine, sleepy head," said Mosura with a smile. Junior's eyes widened as he found Mosura looking down on him. He then glanced to his side and found her belly next to his head. He felt the soft surface on the back of his head, which he managed to piece together as being her lap. Junior immediately shot up and scurried away with a furious blush.

"Mosura?!" exclaimed Junior. Mosura laughed at Junior's flustered state.

"Relax! You fell asleep," said Mosura.

"I-I did?" asked Junior as he looked at her in confusion. He immediately reached for his phone and found that it was seven in the evening. He then looked around the room.

"Where are the others?" asked Junior.

"Oh, they already went home. I stayed behind until you woke up," said Mosura as she stood up to her feet. She wobbled in place.

"Whoa. I think my legs fell asleep," said Mosura with an embarrassed laugh.

"You... You stayed with me?" asked Junior in surprise.

"Yeah. I didn't feel right about leaving you alone, so I stayed here. Fluttershy wanted to wait here too, but she needed to get home," said Mosura as she worked to get the feeling back into her legs. Junior sluggishly stood up to his feet.

"Oh," said Junior. Mosura smiled a she grabbed her back pack and carried Junior's over to him.

"Let's go," said Mosura.

"Uh... sure!" said Junior as he took the back pack and placed it on. The two made their way through the hall and out of the animal shelter. The two walked through town at night in silence. Junior glanced at Mosura, who kept her eyes forward. He sighed.

"Hey, Mosura?" called Junior.

"Yes?"

"I uh..." Junior looked away in embarrassment. "I... Thank you,"

Mosura looked at him with a slight surprised expression. She thought Junior was too proud to thank her over something such as waiting with him, but clearly he wasn't since he was currently flustered. Mosura gave him a warm smile.

"No problem, Goji," said Mosura.

"It's Gojira," said Junior.

"I know. I just want to call you by your nickname," said Mosura. She then put on a mock pout expression. "Can't I?"

"Eh..." Junior looked away. He felt uneasy with a girl being this friendly with him. It wasn't that he minded. It was more of the fact that he was use to girls treating him with disdain or avoiding him like plague, unless they were Fluttershy, who was bizarrely friendly with him.

"I guess," said Junior. Mosura smiled in response as she bumped shoulders with him.

"Gojira, don't be afraid to socialize with us! Just pretend what happened earlier with Sunset and Twilight never happened," said Mosura.

"Trust me, I will," said Junior with a grimace. Mosura giggled in response. The two continued on through the town and down towards the neighborhoods.

PreviousChapters Next