• Published 17th Feb 2016
  • 10,644 Views, 581 Comments

Shy and Aggressive - Johng117



Fluttershy finds herself in one of the most unlikely of situations. She meets the top delinquent of Ponyville High. Not only that, he is also a freak to society.

  • ...
45
 581
 10,644

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 60: Terror In The Sky

Gojira Senior was sitting in a tile room. His clothes were all off, revealing old scars from many years ago in his lifetime. Men in hazmat suits were looking over him as a few high ranking members of MONARCH, including Hayato, were standing behind a thick glass window overlooking the quarantine.


Later, Senior found himself to be sitting at a table dressed in a shirt and sweatpants. He bore a neutral expression as Hayato and a couple other high ranking officers were present, along with a man in a lab coat.


"After a couple days of tests and quarantine, you don't show any signs of infection. Either you got lucky or you fought it off yourself," said the doctor.


"Are you sure?" asked Senior.


"We're certain. You're completely clean. Even the deceased men on the mission weren't carrying infection," said the doctor.


"And what about the crystals in the area?" questioned an officer,


"We're still looking into that. But from what we were able to tell, they contained concentrated amount of solar radiation. It seemed to build up gradually despite how little radiation passes through the planet's atmosphere. The crystals seem similar to the side effects produced by the infection," said the doctor as a hologram of the crystal seen in the forest was shown on the table.


"But here's what's strange. They seem to be carrying strange new bacteria inside," said the doctor.


"The infection?" asked Yoshi.


"Not exactly. It's similar, but different," said the doctor as another hologram was displayed, projecting an image of Xenjira's infected form.


"The bacteria matched what's found inside of Xenjira. But not what the infected prisoners and staff had," said the doctor.


"So, what does that mean?" questioned an officer.


"This is just a theory of mine, since we're still conducting studies. But, we've noticed that Xenjira's G-cells seem to be missing," said the doctor. Senior raised a brow in confusion.


"Missing?" asked Hayato.


"Yes. Or rather, replaced," said the doctor. He projected a hologram and compared a G-cell to the mysterious bacteria.


"From what we've learned, the new bacteria hold traits from both the G-cells and the extraterrestrial infection. It's almost as if... Bear with me. I believe that somehow, the G-cells inside Xenjira absorbed the infection and in turn, converted into entirely new bacteria. What we're looking at is some kind of evolution that grants Xenjira both traits," said the doctor.


"He exhibits regeneration as before, but the crystals protruding from his body are like bone with a crystal surface," said the doctor.


"Traces of his DNA must have caused the bacteria to form a crystallized structure to survive. The infection doesn’t seem to be airborne or contagious, but infection might be possible through contact of bodily fluids," said the doctor. He then glanced at Senior.

"But then again, Takeshi was bitten. Yet he shows no signs of this infection. What we're dealing with is... I can't explain it," said the doctor.


"So, quarantine is our option?" asked Hayato.


"Correct. We need to conduct further study to see if he poses anymore danger of infection. After all, his G-cells are missing and only these bacterial cells are behaving like them," said the doctor.


"What the hell are G-cells?" questioned Senior. Everyone went silent as they noticed Senior looking at them quizzically.


'Shit. I forgot he was here,' thought Hayato worriedly. He cleared his throat.


"That information is not to be disclosed with civilians. You shouldn't have heard about them," said Hayato as he glared at the doctor, who nervously stood by. Senior bore a look of suspicion.


"Very well. I heard nothing," said Senior. Hayato felt some relief, but still on edge. He doubted that Senior knew about the exact source of his regenerative abilities, but it'd be troublesome if he knew, especially since they are being utilized by GeneCo. Hayato stood up.


"Thank you for your service Mr. Takeshi. A transport chopper will be prepped to return you home," said Hayato.


"And what about Xenjira?" questioned Senior.


"As we discussed, we're going to keep him Quarantined somewhere secure. That's all you're permitted to know," said Hayato. Senior nodded in response. Hayato began to walk off.


"Now if you gentlemen will excuse me, I have somewhere to be," said Hayato.


Meanwhile, Xenjira was lying unconscious in a glass container. His arms and legs were bounded. A biohazard emblem was printed on the glass. The container was placed in a transport chopper, which then took off from the airfield and left the base.


Eliza was sitting in a room in silence. Harold and Chris were currently looking through strange equipment that looked to be like microscopes. But they were more bulky and had a glowing keyboard at the base, and a small digital screen above. Eliza was jotting down notes on a tablet-like device. She sighed heavily as she looked to the boys.


"The science to this 'Project: Heracles' is sound. However, we'd need to make some overhaul with the original serum samples we took from GeneCo," said Eliza.


"Why is it called this? Such a strange name," said Harold.


"It's named after a character from mythology," said a feminine voice. The three turned and found a woman in a lab coat to be walking into the room.


"Laura," said Eliza in surpirse.


"Lor'Rah, dear. Please refer to me as that behind closed doors," corrected Laura.


"Of course," said Eliza apologetically.


"Heracles is the name of the demi god of strength and was a divine hero to mankind. He ascended to godhood in his days. Dr. Discord has a fascination with mythology, particularly Greecian. The serum you stole was part of a project by the company to convert soldiers into the subhuman race known as Transmutants," said Laura.


"He has a bit of a fascination with transhumanism, a movement that aims to advance the human genome through artificial means like technology and genetic manipulation. It's essentially an aim to godhood," said Laura.


"So Discord aims to be a god through this serum?" asked Eliza as she raised a vial.


"Perhaps his first step," said Laura. Chris scoffed.


"Bah. These primitive fools still cling to their fantasies," said Chris with disdain.


"I think it's rather fascinating," said Eliza.


"You would. Since you frolic with them," said Chris. Eliza glared at him.


"I am keeping up appearances! You two come off as bizarre to them!" said Eliza.


"As if I care what they think! It won't matter!" said Chris.


"Enough!" shouted Laura, drawing everyone's attention. She shook her head in annoyance.


"Enough of your childish antics. What is the status of research?" questioned Laura.


"We can utilize the so-called G-cells for a full regenerative process. However, they carry the undesirable genetic traits of Transmutants. GeneCo figured it out. However, we need to be sure if their formula will work for us. If not, we may need to modify it," said Harold. Laura nodded in response.


"Good," said Laura.


"And what of the Terra-former?" asked Chris.


"Our last test, while a failure, provided helpful information. The bio-form is vulnerable to the rays from the sun, destroying it in orbit. We need to modify the next one to harden its surface against the sun's radiation," said Laura.


"And how long will that take?" asked Chris.


"Hard to say. The problem is getting the correct mutation to occur within the strands for the terra-former to harden. But, we'll get there. You just need to worry about restoration," said Laura.


"Lor'Rah... What of the after effects?" asked Eliza worriedly. Laura looked to her with a neutral expression.


"Do not concern yourself with the effects. It'll be easier," said Laura. Eliza looked down at her desk with a frown.


It was lunch time. Junior was eating lunch with the Main 7 and his fellow Transmutants. He was silent most of the time while the others conversed. He noticed that Mosura was anxiously sitting with her phone against her ear.


"Something wrong?" asked Junior.


"I've been calling my brother since yesterday. He hasn't answered my calls," said Mosura.


"I can call Maud, if you want. She could put him on," said Pinkie as she drew out her phone.


"Thanks," said Mosura. Erika stood up from her seat.


"I'll be back. Ladies room," said Erika as she left. Rainbow groaned as she tapped her fork on the table. From further down the cafeteria, Adagio was sitting with her 'harem', who gave her attention in their zombie-like state.


"Everyday. Everyday Adagio is using her power!" said Rainbow.


"Ugh. I know. Even after Amber told us to be careful," said Sunset in annoyance.


"And it doesn't help how complicit her sisters are," said Twilight.


"Don't assume they're complicit. You don't know that," said Junior with furrowed brows.


"Well why haven't they tried to stop her?" Asked Rarity.


"Maybe they have. But I doubt they're OK with it. I talked to Aria about it," said Junior.


"Ugh! This sucks! She gets to do whatever she wants but I can't make a run to another city for a visit!" complained Rainbow.


"I don't think that's the issue, RD," deadpanned Applejack.


Meanwhile, Erika had exit the girls' bathroom. As she walked, she began to make her way over to her locker. Just thought she'd get a head start and have a textbook ready for her 5th period class. As she opened her locker, a folded piece of paper fell at her feet. Curious, Erika knelt down and picked it up. As she unfolded the paper, she found large writing. It read, 'Mutie, Go Home!' Erika bore hurt expression as she stared at the note. She heard snickering, prompting her to turn and see a couple of girls to be walking by. One of them shot Erika a mean look. The Transmutant clenched her fist as she balled up the paper into her hand. Erika took her book from her locker and slammed it shut. She began to storm off but bumped into another girl. The girl dropped her binder onto the floor, while sheets of paper covered in writing fell out.


"Sorry!" said Erika as she quickly gathered the paper.


"Careful! I spent all night on those notes!" said the girl urgently. Erika handed the binder to the girl with an apologetic look.


"So sorry," said Erika. It was here she began to recognize this girl. It was the girl that Rodan seemed to be crushing on. Eliza. Erika almost had forgotten her name.


"Thank you," said Eliza. She then slightly tilted her head.


"Are you alright? You're shedding tears," said Eliza.


"Wha..." Erika felt her cheeks. They were damp from a few droplets. Her eyes were puffy. She hadn't realized that she was crying until now.


"I'm fine," sniffled Erika as she wiped her eyes. Eliza knelt down and picked up a crumbled piece of paper. In it, she found the note. She then looked to Erika with a soft expression. Erika sniffled as she looked away, holding in a sob.


"Do you wish to talk about it? Maybe you'll... feel better," said Eliza.


"I just... I never realized how hard it was for them. I mean… I knew, but to experience it first hand is awful," said Erika as she allowed her tears to run.


"It was so fast. The minute people found out I turned into a Transmutant, they either became distant or openly say nasty things to me," said Erika. She drew out her phone and showed Eliza her social media profile.


"Look at this! Look at how many of these so called 'friends' wrote on my wall! 'Freak', 'Mutie', that's all I see!" cried Erika. She shook her head bitterly.


"Sometimes I wish my father had let me die," said Erika. Eliza suddenly grabbed her shoulders tightly. She looked at her with a hard expression, much to Erika's shock.


"Do not talk like that! Life is the most precious thing in the universe! Nothing is like it!" yelled Eliza, prompting Erika to flinch. Eliza then realized what she was doing. She released Erika and took a step back.


"Forgive me. I let my emotions get the better of me," said Eliza apologetically as Erika rubbed her own shoulders.


"It saddens me that you would allow these shallow words bring you to not valuing your own life," said Eliza.


"They're dehumanizing," said Erika.


"Who are they to determine who is human? Do you not share the same thoughts and feelings? Or is there something more to humanity rather than your genetic make-up?" questioned Eliza. Erika looked down at the ground in sadness. Eliza sighed.


"Do not look to them for value. Find value in yourself," said Eliza as she walked off. Erika sniffled as she wiped her eyes.


"Value." said Erika. After she had erased any signs of her crying, she made her way back to the cafeteria. She noticed Mosura and Pinkie were huddled together by a phone. Erika made her way next to Sunset in confusion.


"What's going on?" asked Erika.


"Maud said that Mosura's brother is missing," said Sunset. Erika gasped as she looked to Mosura, who was panicking.


"Maud, just tell me what happened. When was the last time you've seen him?" Asked Mosura. Everyone else were looking on in worry as Mosura spoke on the phone.


"Oh my God," gasped Mosura.


Battra was sitting in silence on a metal chair in a room. And inhibitor collar and cuffs kept him restrained. From the door, a man in uniform entered and took a seat. He began to look through a file.


"Battra Yasu. Age 19. Resident of Ponyville. Student at Mustang Community College. And..." The man looked to Battra blankly.


"Detained as a Rogue," said the man. Battra sat up straight.


"I-"


"You... are the Night Angel," said the man. Battra gave a forced chuckle.


"Wha-What gives you that idea?" asked Battra.


"I've been studying the footage of you the day of Matthew Kingston's death. I compared that with other footage caught with the Night Angel. Both have glaring similarities," said the man as he placed a tablet on the table and projected three holograms displaying footage. They all showed a figure firing violet beams of energies from his eyes.


"Not many Transmutants run around shooting laser beams from their eyes," said the man. Battra looked down at his hands. No sense on lying.


"Tell me. What motivates you?" asked the man.


"Huh?" asked Battra.


"What's your motivation? Why do you put on a mask and cause collateral damage and leave behind dead or living Purists?" asked the man.


"Well, sir I-"


"Director Hayato Yoshi," said the man. Battra gulped nervously.


"Director. With all due respect, I gave up that stuff last year. The event was self-defense," said Battra.


"That's not what I asked," deadpanned Hayato. Battra sighed.


"I didn't do it to join the Revolutionaries if that's what you're thinking," said Battra.


"I lost my parents to Purists. I guess I was driven by a need for revenge and the search for their killer," said Battra.


"I stopped. I realized I was in over my head and was risking my sister's life," said Battra.


"Except for the day that brings us here," said Hayato. Battra narrowed his eyes.


"As I said, it was in self-defense," said Battra. Hayato hummed.


"Tell me, how did you get rid of your inhibitor chip?" asked Hayato. Battra took a breath.


"I... I payed someone that was fired from being a surgeon. But he was careful with his hands. He made a living off of Transmutant thugs wanting their chips gone," said Battra.


"And this man?" Asked Hayato.


"Dead. Shot by a Purist," said Battra. Hayato nodded.


"Listen, can I have my phone back. If I'm being locked up in the vault, at least give me a chance to call my friend to let her know that I'm alright," said Battra.


"I actually had something else in mind," said Hayato as he stood up.


"You see, I have read your file. Aside from your secrets, you've had a clean record. But then again, you've broken federal law and pose a possible threat to citizens with your unchecked power and tendency for vigilantism. You're no terrorist, but you broke the law," said Hayato.


"Then why am I still here?" asked Battra.


"Because I think we can work something out," said Hayato.


"Huh?" asked Battra in confusion.


"I'll give you a choice. You can choose to accept your charge and serve 5 to 10 years in the Vault or you can enlist for MONARCH," said Hayato.


"Enlist?" asked Battra incredulously.


"That's right. I'll be straightforward. You don't seem like a bad kid. You just... made a stupid decision. And, the fight against the Revolutionaries is not going well. We keep conceding more ground to them and they are taking over a couple allied nation's cities. Mechs are expensive and enduring soldiers are hard to come by. But a Transmutant would be a valuable asset," said Hayato. Battra narrowed his eyes.


"You want to draft me into your organization? Is that legal?" asked Battra.


"It is so long as you consent. I'm giving you a choice. And if you serve as a brother in arms, you'll be free to go after a couple of years. No strings attached," said Hayato. Battra weighed his options carefully. Neither choice was pleasing to him. However, one of them may let him keep the rest of his prime years. That is if he survives.


"If I take you up on your offer and enlist, I'll need my sister looked after. She's still a minor and I won't be around to pay rent for the apartment," said Battra. Hayato nodded.


"I believe that we can work something out. And since you're a student, we'll assist with your expenses and education for your service," said Hayato. Battra sighed heavily.


"Then I'll enlist. Where do I begin?" asked Battra.


"We'll walk you through the process. Then you'll be put into basic training once you're a recruit," said Hayato as he began to walk to the door.


"Wait. Let me call my friend," said Battra.


"Of course," said Hayato as he drew Battra's phone out from his pocket and placed it on the table in front of the Transmutant. As he walked out, Battra began to call Maud. It was only a short couple of rings before his call was answered.


"Hello?" answered Maud urgently.


"Maud," said Battra.


"Thank goodness. Where are you? You've gone missing since-"


"I know, I'm sorry. Listen, I'm OK. But... I've been arrested by MONARCH," said Battra. Maud was silent on the other line.


"They figured everything out about me. Everything," said Battra.


"Battra..." Maud's voice sounded distraught. Battra clenched his fist for being the cause of her state.


"I'm not going to the Vault. But, I'll have to commit to service for them," said Battra.


"But they can't make you do that! That's violating your citizen-"


"I consented to it. It was that or the Vault," said Battra. He heard weeping on the other line. Battra had never seen or heard Maud express this kind of emotion before. It was weighing heavily on his heart.


"Don't cry, Maud. I'm here because of my own actions. Please, just get back to Ponyville safely," said Battra with a soft tone. Maud sniffled.


"What do I tell your sister?" asked Maud.


"I'll tell her," said Battra.


It was the next day. Sonata was smiling and humming happily to herself as she watched Angirasu running his final lap for gym class. Seeing the boy in gym clothes made the girl's heart flutter. The tightening and loosening of his muscles in his exposed arms and legs, the manly breaths he took into his strong lungs, and the sweat that dripped from his handsome face. These things drove Sonata crazy. She was sweating just thinking about it all. The girl peeked at her cellphone where she had an email sent to her. It was a class schedule that she had, compared to an older schedule.


"This is working out so far. I didn't even have to ditch all of my graduation requirements for the year," said Sonata as she giggled mischievously. Angirasu panted as he walked over to the bleachers and took a seat next to Sonata, who was internally screaming with glee.


"Man. The teacher is really pushing me hard to make up those days," said Angirasu with a tired sigh.


"Oh that's too bad. But you're a strong guy! I believe in you," said Sonata as she stared at Angirasu as he pulled on his collar of his shirt to air himself out.


"Heh. Thanks, Sonata," said Angirasu. Sonata was about to speak again but noticed a woman in a track suit with the school's logo, a hat and sunglasses. The woman looked to be staring at the two. Sonata felt herself tensing.


"Sonata?" called Angirasu.


"Huh?!" Sonata flinched with her attention on Angirasu.


"I was saying how funny it was that we're in every class together now," said Angirasu. Sonata stiffened. She cleared her throat as she looked away.


"Y-Yeah! Kinda weird. They uh... wanted to fill in other classes to make uh... quotas or something. I guess it was a coincidence that you were in the classes too," said Sonata with a forced laugh. Angirasu bore a quizzical look on his face.


"Ahem. Regardless, I'm happy that we're in the same classes," said Sonata shyly. Angirasu gave an embarrassed smile in response.


It was after P.E. The girls had fully gotten dressed and left the locker room. Sonata was still getting ready. She placed on her knee high shoes on with a giddy smile. She looked forward to the rest of the year now that she was going to spend more time closer to Angirasu. As Sonata got up to leave, she noticed a familiar gym teacher from earlier, standing at the entrance. Or at least she thought she was one.


"Fancy meeting you here," said the woman rather coldly. Sonata's eyes widened in surprise.


"Mrs. Riku?" asked Sonata. The undercover soldier approached she removed her shades, revealing her narrowed eyes.


"I did a little digging when I noticed you attending P.E. in an hour you aren’t scheduled for. Typically that is," said Aiko as she drew out a sheet.


"You seem to have switched your classes around. And Angirasu is in each one," said Aiko. Sonata bore a nervous look briefly. But, she began to calm herself, not wanting to lose Angirasu to this overbearing mother.


"So what if I did?" scoffed Sonata. Aiko hardened her eyes.


"I'm gonna tell you what I told your harlot of a sister. Stay away from my son. Just because you have these 'powers', you think you can get away with this?" demanded Aiko.


"What did I do for you to hate me?" asked Sonata incredulously.


"It's not hate. I just don't trust you or your sisters. And this stalker shit just contributed to that," said Aiko.


"You say stalker, I say 'pursuit of love'!" said Sonata. Aiko scoffed.


"You're 'love' is going to cost you academically! Why should my son waste time with a little girl that doesn't care about endangering her education?" questioned Aiko.


"I'm still wondering how a nice guy like Aangy could be the son of a witch like you! He must get it from his dad," said Sonata. Aiko narrowed her eyes.


"Is that why he's miserable? You treated your husband like trash and now you’re divorced? Now Angirasu is stuck with you, being treated the same way?" questioned Sonata. Aiko clenched her fists.


'Little brat! Shut your mouth!' thought Aiko.


"It's a wonder how you married him in the first place! He must have been miserable!" said Sonata. Aiko growled as she swung an open palm towards Sonata. The Dazzling gave an echoed yelp that sent rings of soundwaves towards the woman. Aiko cried out as she was forced back and cupped her ears. She then looked at Sonata, who glared at her.


"How fucking dare you!" said Aiko in a low tone. Sonata merely picked up her back pack and walked off.


"We were happy together! All of us! You hear me, you little shit?!" Shouted Aiko. Sonata ignored her and walked out of the locker room.


"We were happy!!" shouted Aiko. She then slammed her fist against a locker.


"Damn it!" Aiko held back her tears of anger as she breathed heavily. How dare that brat assume her life.


The Purist secret base of operations was bustling. From an armored truck with cracked windows, a few Purists exit out. A couple of jeeps pulled in, allowing Stinger and Dreadnaught to exit out.


"Got ourselves a nice steal today!" said Dreadnaught as Purists carried large military crates from the armored vehicle.


"Ammo, guns, some explosives, just the basic necessities for a soldier!" chuckled Dreadnaught. Scar emerged from the back of the truck as he removed his mask, revealing the tri scars over his eye.


Could've gone a bit smoother," said Scar.


"Yeah. Air support would've been nice. I'd kill for a chance to snag a fucking chopper," said Dreadnaught. Scar made his way over to Stinger with a glare.


"Now with all of that out of the way, where is Adrian?" demanded Scar. Stinger was silent. He then turned his head as an engine running filled the air. Everyone turned and found a van to be driving into the motor pool with the other vehicles. From the van emerged Adrian, Carla and Alexandra. Scar narrowed his eyes as he and a couple of armed purists approached.


"Oh shit," muttered Alexandra nervously.


"What the hell is this?” demanded Scar as he gestured to Alexandra.


"Scar, I-" Adrian was interrupted as Scar glared at her.


"I wasn't asking you," said Scar in a harsh tone.


"Uh I was just... testing the suit," said Alexandra.


"Oh you were testing it? So the suit wasn't reported stolen along with a van?" Scar asked in a sarcastic manner.


"Stolen? We brought them back," muttered Carla.


"Stolen, borrowed without permission. Who cares?!" Scar turned to Adrian.


"You were supposed to provide air support on the raid! Yet you take valuable prototypes and leave on your own accord?!"Adrian shrunk at Scar's fury.


"I asked them to help hunt and kill that Night Angel in Fillydelphia," said Adrian.


"And did you kill him?" questioned Scar. Adrian sighed.


"No..." answered Adrian. Scar scoffed.


"So you dodged orders, took precious equipment, and failed to eliminate your target? I assume the authorities got involved. You goddamn fool!" Scar shouted at Adrian who flinched in response.


"You jeopardized the group and equipment and have nothing to show for it. I ought to-" Scar was interrupted as Stinger tapped his shoulder.


"Not now! I'll deal with you later for keeping quiet about this!" growled Scar. Stinger held out a tablet to him, much to his confusion. Scar took the device and found an article displayed. After skimming through it, Scar glanced at Adrian, who stood by nervously.


"Fillydelphia, was it?" asked Scar.


"Yeah?" answered Adrian in reluctance.


"So, you killed Kingston on the side?" asked Scar as he showed Adrian the tablet. The young woman immediately latched for her ticket of being spared.


"Yes! We found out he was there, when we arrived. We thought we'd kill two birds with one stone," said Adrian with a nervous smile. Onyx looked through at the article and glanced at the three women.


"Since you killed an influential activist, and you've returned with the equipment intact, I suppose I can let you off the hook this once," said Scar. Adrian let out a sigh of relief but stiffened as Scar got in her space.


"But, if you pull a stunt like this again, there will be consequences. You are not permitted to use the flight suit without my authorization. Is that clear?" asked Scar.


"Crystal," answered Adrian. Scar turned to face Stinger, whose face was hidden by his helmet.


"As for you, the warning applies to you as well. You inform me when you come across important information as this," said Scar in a low tone. Stinger merely nodded in response. Scar walked off.


"Unload the supplies and arrange them in the armory," said Scar.


"Does this mean I get to keep using the suit?" asked Alexandra. Scar sighed heavily.


It was after school. Rodan winced as he held his throbbing head. He closed his locker door and walked with Angirasu and Junior.


"Headaches again?" asked Junior.


"Yeah. They come and go and I feel antsy," said Rodan.


"Maybe you have a tumor," said Junior.


"You think?!" asked Rodan in alarm.


"I don't know. I was just kidding," said Junior with a shrug. Rodan groaned.


"Dude, don’t freaking joke like that," said Rodan.


"Sorry. I'll admit that was tasteless humor on my part," said Junior sheepishly. The three boys stopped as they found Mosura passing by with a solemn look.


"It must be tough on her right now," said Angirasu with a sympathetic look.


"Yeah. Hey Goji, you should go check on her," said Rodan.


"Me? Why not all of us? I'm sure she'd appreciate it," said Junior.


"No way! Obviously, you're her favorite guy friend," said Rodan. Junior raised a brow at him.


"What gave you that idea?" asked Junior. Rodan chuckled with a smirk.


"The Love Doctor knows what's up,” said Rodan. Junior gave him a deadpanned look.


"We aren't like that. And frankly, that shit is getting old," said Junior.


"What's getting old?" asked Angirasu. Junior sighed heavily.


"Never mind," said Junior. He then began to jog after Mosura.


"He just needs to push himself to get the girl. He's got like three options," said Rodan.


"Hm. Lucky him," said Angirasu.


"Yeah..." sighed Rodan. An awkward silence befell the two.


"It's OK to cry, Rodan. I won't judge you," said Angirasu. Rodan looked at him in annoyance.


"Shut up!" said Rodan. He then winced as he scratched at his arm, which had leathery patch on it. His eyes widened.


"I gotta go!" said Rodan left, much to Angirasu's confusion.


Meanwhile, Junior followed Mosura outside of the school. He called out to her, prompting the girl to stop and turn around.


"Hey," greeted Junior. Mosura's saddened look was weighing heavily on Junior. The girl didn't answer.


"Let me walk you home," said Junior. Mosura quickly wiped her frown off her face and was replaced with a look of surprise.


"Oh. No, it's OK. You don't have to," said Mosura. Junior merely walked to her side with a soft smile.


"Come on, I insist," said Junior. Mosura lightly blushed as she looked away.


"Well... since you're insisting." Mosura and Junior found themselves walking side by side with each other. There was complete silence between them. Mosura remained solemn. Not even walking alongside Junior home could cheer her up. But, she was happy he was here regardless.


"I'm sorry about your brother," said Junior. Mosura didn't answer and kept her eyes forward. The male Transmutant scratched his head with a worried look.


"He's gonna be gone for a few years," said Mosura, prompting Junior to flinch at the breaking of silence.


"All because he did that stupid shit," said Mosura with a bitter look. Junior sighed.


"Mosu-"


"I hate him," said Mosura. Junior's eyes widened in shock.


"I hate him," said Mosura with her tone rising.


"You don't mean that," said Junior as he narrowed his eyes. Mosura sniffled as she bore a look of anger.


"I hate him! I hate that idiot!" yelled Mosura as she broke into a sob.


"If he had talked to me and not did the things he did, this wouldn't have happened! How could he do this to me?!" sobbed Mosura. Junior brought her close and caressed her back in comfort.


"What the hell am I saying?" sniffled Mosura. "I can't ever hate my brother. He's all I have left."


"I know," said Junior as he released Mosura. The girl sniffled as she wiped her tear stained cheeks.


"If Battra's not gonna be around, what're you gonna do? You can't pay the rent on your own," said Junior. Mosura sighed.


"I don't know. Battra said he was going to see if he could work something out. But I'm not really that confident in the federal government," said Mosura.


"Yeah, they suck at their job. They got you by the balls when people become very dependent on them," said Junior. "But hey. If you want, you're always welcome to stay with me. I'm sure my mom would love to have you over."


"Thanks. That's sweet of you. But I'll see what happens first," said Mosura. Later, the girl had made it home, with Junior walking back home himself. Mosura was making her way into the living room but gasped as she felt pain in her sides.


"Agh!" Mosura groaned as she felt her bones shift. Her eyes appeared as blue orbs.


It was the evening. Applejack was sitting at the kitchen table of her home. She gave a tired sigh as she finished answering the final question to her homework. Her sister Applebloom lied on her belly in the living room watching television. The television was showing footage of destroyed trees from earlier afternoon.


"Reported sightings of trees being toppled over in a park this afternoon were filed. Ear witnesses claimed of hearing the sound of loud shrieks in the area," said a voice from the news broadcast.


"Authorities have closed off the park and are investigating. No word on the cause has-"


"Things used to be quiet in this town," said Applejack to herself. As AJ leaned back and stretched, she yawned.


"It's getting late, Applebloom. Best get ready for bed," said Applejack.


"Aww." Applebloom stood up in disappointment. She then looked behind herself and saw a little old woman with grey hair and wrinkly skin around her face to be snoring as she sat in a rocking chair.


"Granny fell asleep again," said Applebloom. AJ got up and gently shook her grandmother's shoulder.


"Granny, time for bed," said Applejack. Granny Smith snorted as she shot up.


"Eh? What? Oh. You youngins best get to bed! Ya'll got school in the morning," said Granny Smith as she stood up.


"Sure thing, Granny," said Applejack in amusement. Later, Applejack had just showered and dressed into her pajamas for the night. She made her way to her sister's room, where the little girl was reading through a comic book.


"Put it away, sis. It's bedtime," said Applejack. Applebloom groaned.


"Come on, AJ. I just need to find out what happens!" Said Aplebloom.


"Since when did you get into comics?" Asked Applejack.


"Right after you picked a tractor over your head," answered Applebloom. Applejack winced. She forgot that her little sister witnessed her Herculean feat when she first discovered her power.


"I gotta see what other super heroes do, including the girls, to help you fight crime," said Applebloom.


"Sis, I ain't fighting crime. I ain't gonna do what any of them heroes do in those comics do either. I'm just gonna keep a low profile," said Applejack. Applebloom looked to her in disappointment.


"Why not sis?" asked Applebloom.


"Cause the last thing I wanna do is make ya'll here at home worried. Besides, there's school," said Applejack.


"But we were worried for you at school when there was a shooting," said Applebloom with a frown. Applejack sighed as her expression softened. She sat on the bed with her sister and pulled her close.


"Aw hun. I know. But you ain't gotta worry anymore. I got powers now, remember? Ain't no bad guy gonna mess with your big sis," said Applejack in reassurance. Applebloom smiled in response.


"Remember, you still gotta keep quiet about it," said Applejack.


"Alright. G'night Applejack," said Applebloom as she lied in her bed.


"G'night," said Applejack as she got up and left the room after turning off the light and closing the door. The teen made her way into her bedroom. She got into bed and allowed the sleep to take over. Suddenly, Applejack heard a gust of wind. She awoke, startled by the branches clacking against her window. The girl slowly reached under her bed and drew out a wooden bat. Applejack quietly walked to her window and peeked outside. No one was present. Applejack then gasped as she heard a loud thud on the roof. She quickly rushed of her room but nearly bumped into her elder brother.


"Mac!" whispered Applejack. Big Mac held a finger up to his lips, prompting AJ to tighten her lips.


"You seen Granny?" whispered Big Mac.


"She's not in her room?" asked AJ with a look of alarm. The two flinched as they heard a scream from outside. They rushed out of the house as they found Granny Smith 'running' as fast as her thin legs could carry her.


"Red Demon! It's a demon!" cried Granny as she passed her grandchildren. Applejack and Big Mac turned to their house and were shocked at what they saw. On the roof was a large reptilian beast. It had an elongated neck like a serpent, two horn-like crests on its head, and a long beak with sharp teeth. Its brows were like an eagle. Its yellow eyes reflected the moonlight as it squawked.


"What in Sam Hill?!" exclaimed Applejack. The creature gave a thundering roar at the two as it opened its great wings. It jumped from the roof as the wind currents gave it the necessary lift. The pterodactyl-like beast shrieked as it dove towards Applejack and Big Mac. The two dove for cover as it swooped passed them. The two quickly got up and made a dash for the house. Applejack looked back and gasped as the creature soared through the air, making a turn back to the house. It screeched as it dove down, onto the ground and proceeded to walk on its wings. AJ and Big Mac quickly dove in their house.


"What is that?!" Aplebloom cried from the hall.


"Applebloom, stay in your room!" said Big Mac. Applejack rushed to their sister and ushered her to her bedroom. AJ exclaimed as her grandmother came out of her room, armed with a shot gun.


"You ain't taking this family, Satan!" shouted Granny Smith as she cocked the gun.


"Satan?!" exclaimed Applebloom.


"Granny, don't go out there!" said Applejack in alarm.


"Of course not! This house is a fortress!" said Granny Smith as she opened a window. She gasped as the creature began to knock a couple apple trees down.


"Get your stinkin' claws off our trees!" shouted Granny Smith as she fired at the beast. The pellets from the shot crashed into a dead tree, startling the beast. It shrieked as its feet latched onto shredded wood and took off into the air, while Granny fired more shots, nearly falling over after each shot.


"Back to whence you came, devil!" shouted Granny.


"I reckon that was some kind of dinosaur," said Big Mac with a pant. Applejack sighed in relief as she held Applebloom close.


It was the next morning. Applejack yawned as she walked from her home in the cold, her eyes were heavy from lack of sleep. The incident from the previous night had robbed the girl peaceful sleep. The police had come by to her home when people from further out near town heard gunshots. This kept AJ up as well. There was also the fear of the creature returning. Applejack sighed heavily but flinched as she felt a pat.


"Sup, AJ!" greeted Rainbow Dash. Applejack relaxed.


"Hey, Dash. I'd appreciate it if you kept your voice down a bit," said Applejack with a yawn.


"My bad. Didn't get enough sleep?" asked Rainbow.


"No. I couldn't," said Applejack with a sigh. Rainbow sent her a questioning look.


"What happened?" asked Rainbow.


"Well..." Applejack began to question her answer.


"What's more believable to you? A demon or a living dinosaur?" asked Applejack as she looked away. Rainbow cocked her head.


"I... huh?" asked Rainbow. Applejack shook her head.


"Forget it," said Applejack.


"Wha- What is it? Why are you bringing up demons and dinosaurs?" asked Rainbow in confusion.


"It's crazy," said Applejack.


"Crazier than talking bugs and magical crates?" deadpanned Rainbow. Applejack sighed.


"I didn't want to get into it but something happened last night. Some huge monster attacked my home!" said Applejack. Rainbow was silent. Applejack sent her a glare in response.


"I thought you were willing to hear me out!" complained Applejack.


"Sorry! I just needed a second to process what you just said!" said Rainbow as she raised her hands defensively. Applejack merely groaned in response.


"Hey, I believe ya. Well, what happened? Is your family alright?" asked Rainbow in worry.


"They're fine. Well, Applebloom wanted to stay home from school cause she thinks the Devil's out to get her. Big Mac is working to take down the branches from a couple of dead trees, and Granny is sleeping with her gun next to her in bed," said Applejack.


"Geez," said Rainbow Dash with a grimace.


"Yep. Whatever that thing was, it was bad," said Applejack. As the two continued to walk, the two felt a strong breeze over them, blowing their hair through the wind. Applejack had quickly held her hand over her head to prevent her hat from being swept through the air.


"Windy today," said Rainbow. Applejack was about to respond until she saw an object in her line of sight. The sunlight was blinding her sight from the form of the object.


"So, did the police believe you? Or- What the fuck is that?!" Rainbow exclaimed in shock. Applejack's vision adjusted through the glare of the light, catching sight of a large creature soaring through the air. Its maroon jagged scales being its most glaring trait. It was here that Applejack noticed that the creature was flying right towards them!


"Holy Cow!" shouted Applejack as the beast brought its talons up. The two teens dove down to the ground as the flying reptile passed them, causing a gust of wind from its large form. The two turned and found the beast to be screeching as it turned around.


"Th-That's the thing from last night!" cried Applejack as she stumbled up to her feet.


"And it's coming back!" said Rainbow as she and Applejack began to run. The creature shrieked as it soared after them, its yellow eyes locked on them. Rainbow felt her body spark and a spike in her adrenaline. She grabbed Applejack's arm and suddenly burst into a sprint, outrunning the beast. The two found themselves in town in just mere seconds. Rainbow's feet screeched to a halt as Applejack cried out from the sudden stop in speed. The two turned and looked back, unable to see the creature in sight. Instead, they found the field from where they came walking from.


"Lost it," said Rainbow in relief.


"Warn me next time you decide to go super speed!" said Applejack with a glare.


"You're welcome," said Rainbow in annoyance as she adjusted her backpack.


"We better go. Or else we'll be late," said Rainbow as she took off walking. Applejack bore an incredulous look.


"How can we go to school when that thing is on the loose?!" asked Applejack incredulously.


"Hey I'd love to ditch, but I need to make up for a test! We'll talk to the others about it when we get to school!" said Rainbow. Applejack groaned as she looked back at the field they had come from. That thing was still out there, and she was not comfortable with leaving it to roam free.


"Ya'll go on ahead. I won't be able to focus on school with that thing on the loose," said Applejack as she began to run off.


"Wha- AJ! Ugh, wait up!" said Rainbow in exasperation.


Meanwhile...

Manda was sitting on a rock in silence. She was hanging out damp clothes from a basket. Zip and Thorn began to take clothes from the basket and clipped them to a strand of webbing that connected to two trees.


"Ugh. I hate laundry day," complained Zip as she clipped a shirt on the web strand.


"Beats setting up the new latrine," said Thorn with a shrug. Zip shuddered.


"Good point. I love doing the laundry!" said Zip as she quickly grabbed another shirt and clipped it onto the web. She'll never complain about doing the laundry ever again. She didn't want to think of the horrors that filled the earth in previous latrines that were made by the Guardians. Nor did she want to think of the unholy smell.


"No! No!" cried a distant voice. The three turned to a direction in the forest, where they heard the sound of frantic shouts.


"Don't you drop that fucking roof! No!" Baragon's voice shouted from the forest. A loud crash filled the air, and the sound of someone shouting as if they were falling. The three female Transmutants flinched.


"Oh God! Pull me out! Pull me out!" cried a male voice.


"Oh fuck its everywhere!!" cried Baragon in anguish.


"Eeeew..." said Manda with a grimace.


"Not listening, not listening," hummed Zip.


"What the hell did they do?" asked Thorn incredulously. Suddenly, Baragon came sprinting by.


"I need to borrow these!" said Baragon as he snatched a basket next to Manda. The young woman gasped in alarm and quickly lunged for the basket. The two were locked in a tug of war.


"Oh, hell no! You are not using these towels!" said Manda.


"Hey, I need these! I got a guy covered in shit over here!" yelled Baragon as he began to pull on the basket. Manda growled in annoyance.


"I just washed these!" cried Manda.


"You can wash em again!" yelled Baragon, tugging harder.


"The hell I will! I'm burning these if you use them! And I'll be damned before I let you soil them in-" Manda was interrupted as a large figure suddenly swooped down behind her. She felt talons lock onto her shoulders and felt her feet leaving the ground. She screamed in fright as Baragon stumbled back with the basket in his hands. A look of horror was on his face.


"Manda!!" cried Baragon as the woman was carried off by a flying reptilian beast.


"Manda!" shouted Thorn and Zip in unison. Several Transmutants, including Senior came rushing by.


"What happened?!" asked Senior.


"Something just swooped in and carried Manda off! Looked like a fucking dinosaur!" said Thorn.


"That's impossible!" said a Guardian.


"Unless it was a Transmutant," said Senior as he quickly turned to the others.


"I want flyers to pursue! Bring Manda back unharmed!" ordered Senior. Three Transmutants nodded as they rushed through the forest. Their bodies began to morph and change. One Transmutant appeared as a large bird-like beast, a condor to be precise, with a large crest on its head. The second Transmutant changed into a white mantis, with dark patterns on its body. The third Transmutant had changed into a multi-limbed creature that was covered in an iridescent, metallic grayish-black exoskeleton, along with orange-red, narrowly shaped glowing eyes. He had wide clawed feet and hooked points at the end of the legs. The head was angular, and had triangular jaws resembling a hooked beak, and two mandibles in his chin. The beast gave a shrieking call as he leaped and spread his two longest legs, exposing a membrane. In the air, the Transmutant appeared like a B-2 stealth bomber jet. The three Guardians soared over the forest, pursuing the flying reptile that carried Manda. The reptile noticed that the Guardians were soaring by its sides, and the black parasitic Transmutant soaring above. The mantis banked to the reptile's side and slashed its hooked appendage at the reptile's neck.


The reptile shrieked in pain as its neck bled from the wound. The parasite Guardian dove down on the reptile, causing the two to fall from the air. Manda screamed as she was released and free fell from the reptile. The condor dove down and locked his talons over Manda, carrying her before she could slam into the earth. Meanwhile, the reptile and black parasite fell, as the spindly legs of the beast locked onto its body. The reptile bit down on one of the legs with its beak full of sharp teeth. The Guardian wailed in agony as his limbs released his prey. The reptile managed to recover and soared through the air. It then began to quickly turn on its side and flew over the Guardian. The sharp scales on the reptile's belly and chest scratched the Guardian's body, wounding him. The Guardian crashed into the earth with a groan.


The flying reptile began to pursue the condor, while the mantis was gaining on its tail. The maroon beast looked back and made grotesque sounds with its throat. The creature shot vomit at the wings of the mantis, damping them. The wings began to sputter as they splashed vomit, leading to the Guardian mantis to crash land. With two foes down, the reptile began to pick up speed and gained on the condor, now flying along his side. The reptile made a swift motion and slammed into the condor, causing him to drop Manda and to crash into several trees. The reptile than quickly caught a struggling Manda.


"Let go!!" shouted Manda as she was carried away from the forest and towards Ponyville.


Applejack and Rainbow Dash were jogging through a field, between Ponyville and the route to Applejack's home. Their heads were craned up as they searched the skies for the beast that they had earlier encountered. They had spent the last thirty minutes searching, but to no avail. Though in hindsight, it did seem rather pointless to be searching for a flying monster in the middle of the field after outrunning it with blistering speed. It likely had taken off elsewhere. But, Applejack couldn't rest until she knew that thing was grounded on the ground.


"So, what's the plan exactly?" asked Rainbow.


"Plan?" asked Applejack.


"Duh! We find it and what?" deadpanned Rainbow. Applejack scoffed.


"Obviously we take it down! We got the power!" said Applejack.


"Yeah but Twilight's been harping about us not using them," said Rainbow. Applejack looked at her in annoyance.


"No, she was on about us abusing them. That includes playing pranks on people with your speed!" said Applejack. Rainbow groaned.


"Good point, but it'd be a waste to not have fun with it!" said Rainbow.


"A waste?! Rainbow, we need to be responsible!" yelled Applejack.


"I can be responsible! I just don't see the harm in goofing off," argued Rainbow with her arms crushed. The two had stopped jogging.


"It's always a game to you! Don't you ever take anything seriously?" yelled Applejack. Her face had turned red from anger. Rainbow had flinched with a nervous look. Applejack took a deep breath as she rubbed her brows.


"Sorry," said Rainbow in a small tone. Applejack sighed.


"I didn't mean to lose my head, Dash. It's just that last night, I was terrified. I hate to think of what that thing is doing now," said Applejack.


"Well, maybe it'll work out. It could end up living somewhere away from human civilization. Maybe we'll get lucky and a hunter living in the woods takes it out," said Rainbow with a reassuring smile. Applejack gave a small chuckle. Suddenly, the sounds of buzzing and jingles filled their hearing.


"Uh oh. Phone's buzzing," said Rainbow as she reached into her pocket.


"Yeah, mine too," said Applejack as she drew her phone out as well.


"An Emergency Alert?’ Rogue Transmutant sighted in 4234 Hayseed St. MONARCH has been deployed. Stay away from the area and remain indoors'," read Rainbow. Her eyes widening as she read. Applejack and Rainbow looked to each other.


"That's where..." Applejack trailed off as the sound of a chopper flying by caught the girls' attention. They found a dark transport chopper bearing the MONARCH insignia to be flying over, making its way to the town.


"Come on!" said Rainbow as she grabbed Applejack's arm.


"W-Wait I'm noooo- Ahhh!!" Applejack screamed as Rainbow carried her through town with hyper speed. Her hair blew wildly as she held onto her hat tightly. In just seconds, the two came to a stop. The two were several feet from a street corner in a neighborhood. Armored trucks had parked by, with road blocks in the street. The two found that several MONARCH soldiers were gathering behind barricades and parked vehicles. Civilians passing by were ushered away from the area, as a chopper hovered high above, circling the area.


"Looks like they beat us to your monster," said Rainbow as she pointed towards a house. On the house was a mess of shredded trees, and other debris. The red reptile was perched on the roof, moving a large branch to the side.


"So, you wanna rush in and take them out? That'd sure to impress these guys," said Rainbow as she pointed a thumb to the soldiers camping by their vehicles.


"No, we should let them handle this," said Applejack as she and Rainbow began to take steps away from the closed off site, crouching by a parked car.


"But let's stick around just in case," said Applejack.


Meanwhile, a couple of soldiers were inside of an armored truck. Live footage of the creature was displayed on screens in the back of the vehicle.


"Any records on the Rogue?" asked the soldier.


"No identity can be confirmed. But, he's in the 'rare species' category," said another soldier.


"I want this to be a clean OP. No lethal shots fired unless absolutely necessary. What do we got?" asked the commanding officer.


"We have heavy tranqs, Nerve gas, and a couple of Quake Cannons," said a soldier.


"Alright. I want a team to move in towards the house and that chopper as far as possible. We don't want to spook em'. Toss the gas grenades in his nest. With his senses irritated, he'll likely flee to escape. That's when the Quake Cannons at high settings will be used to ground the Rogue. With him grounded, I want him taken out with tranqs. We toss him in the truck and break for lunch," said the commanding officer as he removed his hat.


"Oh shit. I think this mission just got harder," said a soldier as he pointed to a screen. The C.O. and the other few soldiers in the truck turned to the screen and found a young woman in the nest, attempting to climb out, but was dragged back in by the beast.


"Shit. We definitely can't light this fucker up now," cursed a soldier.


"Looks like we're gonna have to make a couple of changes," said the C.O. as he made his way to a locker and drew out a large rod.


"OK, new plan. Get to the nest and spook him," said the C.O. as he handed a soldier the rod.


"The hell is this? A large cattle prod?" asked the soldier incredulously.


"You can say that. These are Electro Prods. They carry enough volts to stop a man's heart. But it'll give a Transmutant a mean sting," said the C.O. as he drew out a new rod. He flipped a switch, causing the rod to hum to life, as blue sparks bounced inside of thick glass that was produced from the weapon's battery.


"Stick him with the rod and he'll take off to get away. Take the opportunity to secure the civilian and get her to safety. The Quake cannons will bring him down, then tranqs. You get the idea," said the C.O. as he handed the rod to another soldier.


"Everyone clear?" asked the C.O. He received salutes from the soldiers.


"Alright. Move out," said the C.O.


At the nest, the creature gave grunts as it began to claw at the nest resting on the roof, moving dirt and debris around. Manda was attempting to climb out again but the reptile quickly got in her path and squawked. He was hunched over with his wings raised, almost appearing like a reptilian vulture.


"Let me go!" yelled Manda as she threw a rock at the beast. The creature shrieked angrily, prompting Manda to drop on her rear.


"OK, I'm sorry!" cried Manda in panic. The red reptile snorted as it began to tidy up its nest. Manda sighed in annoyance.


"Why am I here? Are you gonna kill me or am I just a toy to you?" asked Manda. The creature tilted its head at her and then went back to focusing on its nest.


"Ah. You must be one of those Transmutants. Never matured properly without an inhibitor. Now in a beastly state, you're mind has been reduced to functioning on a primitive level. Other words, you're a big dumb, bird," said Manda with a heavy sigh.


"Look at you. It's horrible that the world requires us to have those things, when they do more harm than good. You'd be lucky to have some little human conscience in there to keep you from completely becoming a beast," said Manda, The creature ignored her as it continued to work on its nest. Manda suddenly heard a thump behind her, prompting the woman to look back and see a couple of soldiers climbing up the house, standing on the lower roof. The soldier made a shush motion, while Manda nodded and retreated from the edge.


'Thank God. I'm gonna be rescued,' thought Manda in relief. The red reptile was so focused on its nest that it failed to notice a soldier climbing in the nest, drawing out an Electro Prod. The weapon gave a soft hum as it was turned on. The soldier took a step passed Manda and towards the beast.


"Mama!" a small and distorted voice filled the air. Manda's eyes widened and the soldier stiffened. The reptile shot its head up from the sound and quickly turned its head, with its neck raised upright. The soldier looked down at his feet and found a baby doll to be under his boot. He then slowly looked up and found the beast glaring at him.


"Um... Peep, peep?" the soldier nervously smiled. The creature gave a thundering roar and began to lunge for the soldier.


"Fuck!" the soldier raised his prod but was knocked back as the beast slammed into him. He cried out as he fell onto a bush on the ground. The beast found a few more soldiers to be standing on a lower roof. It roared as the soldiers raised their guns. Before they could shoot, the reptile shot vomit into their faces, blinding them.


"Agh! it's in my eyes!" cried a soldier as the men began to trip and fall off of the roof. Manda groaned as she watched the scene.


"I can't take this anymore," said Manda as her irises expanded and her pupils became slits. Her body began to change and morph. She developed a large serpentine body with teal scales while her limbs slightly shrunk in length and developed talons. Her head grew antlers, and she sprouted long fangs and sharp teeth. Gills appeared by her neck, along towards her midsection of her body. Spikes and fish-like fines developed along her back, and a large fine at the end of her tail. Her sides of her body had a flab of membrane that hung over her scales. She had the appearance of a serpentine dragon of Neighsian lore, but with some aquatic features.


The female Transmutant bellowed as she used her mass and weight to knock the red reptile off the nest. The two fell to the ground, along with the nest. The red reptile shrieked as it spread its wings out at the serpentine dragon. Manda hissed as she coiled herself while lowering her neck close to the ground as she appeared to be ready to lunge. As the red reptile prepared to fight, it noticed the MONARCH soldiers to be struggling to their feet as they attempted to step back from the two opposing Transmutants. Meanwhile from bushes by a damaged fence, Applejack and Rainbow Dash were at the battle.


"Looks like Manda has it covered," said Applejack.


"She's a dragon? Sweet!" said Rainbow.


"I hope dragon lady is on our side!" said a soldier as he wiped his helmet. The red reptile noticed a female soldier among the group, with its eyes locking on her. It suddenly dropped to its wings and feet and proceeded to walk towards her. The soldiers quickly raised their guns at the beast, but the reptile began to squawk as it began to sway its neck from side to side. It gave a musical trill as it splayed its wings out. Manda tilted her head in confusion while the other soldiers slightly lowered their weapons as they glanced at each other.


"Look out! It's getting ready to charge!" said a soldier as he raised his gun.


"No... I think it's doing a mating dance,” as he noticed the Transmutant focused on the female soldier in their squad. After hearing this, the female soldier immediately raised her rifle and fired. A dart embedded itself into the neck of the beast. The Transmutant squawked in pain, but began to groan as its eyes grew heavy. It swooned and fell to the ground.


"Phew," the female soldier sighed in relief. The Transmutant began to slowly morph and change into its human form. Manda's eyes widened as she recognized the Transmutant to be Rodan, lying naked on the ground unconscious.


"Mission accomplished. Apprehending the rogue," said a soldier as two of his men began to make their way towards Rodan.


"And what about this one?" asked the female soldier.


"Lady, please return to your human form. We're taking you in too," said the leading soldier of the squad. Manda hissed in response.


"Hey! Hey! Don't get snippy with me, lady! The least you can do is making this easier on us for saving your ass!" said the soldier.


"Technically she saved our asses. We failed miserably to catch him by surprise," said a soldier.


"Hey, stop!" shouted a voice. The soldiers and Manda turned and found Rainbow Dash and Applejack to be running towards them.


"The fuck?" asked a soldier as the two girls stood in front of Rodan.


"You can't arrest them!" said Rainbow.


"Hey, how did you two get passed security? This is a restricted area!" said the squad leader.


"Listen, ya'll. Thank ya kindly for your service and what not, but you can't arrest them. These are our friends here! We go to school with this guy!" said Applejack as she gestured to Rodan


"Really? Can you confirm if he had any affiliation with gangs or Revolutionary cells?" asked a male soldier.


"Seriously?" asked another soldier.


"What? I want to at least get some info down rather than later," said the questioning soldier.


"No! Never! Does every Transmutant have to be affiliated with a bad group? Isn't that profiling?" demanded Rainbow.


"I'm not answering that. Just step aside. Obstruction of MONARCH business is an offense," said the squad leader. Suddenly, his COM began to crackle.


"Staff Sergeant, come in," said the C.O. The squad leader sighed in annoyance as he placed a hand on his side of his helmet.


"I notice that you have two rogue Transmutants in your sights," said the C.O. The Staff Sergeant looked up and noticed the chopper descending down as its camera focused on the yard.


"Minor setback to the mission, sir. We'll handle it," said the Staff Sergeant.


"Well, pull back and let them walk. Your mission is done," said the C.O.


"Pullback?!" asked the soldier incredulously.


"Director's orders," said the C.O.


"The Director?" asked the Staff Sergeant. There was no response. Rainbow and AJ glanced at each other as the solider attempted to reestablish contact but to no avail. He sighed as he looked at the kids in annoyance.


"Alright. Take your friend and go. We'll be watching him though," said the Sergeant in a warning tone.


"Wait, you guys got like clothes or a towel?" asked Rainbow as she avoided looking at Rodan's naked body.


Meanwhile at the armored truck, the C.O. placed down his COM on the table. He looked to the screen on the side, where Hayato Yoshi's face was present.


"It's done," said the C.O.


"Good. Mr. Takeshi will take the rest from here," said Hayato as the screen shut off. The C.O. turned and found Senior and Baragon to be standing by.


"We'll pull back. You just keep your rogues in check," said the C.O. with a hard expression. Senior and Baragon walked out of the truck, while the C.O. picked up his COM.


"All units, pull back. Tamers will take it from here," said the C.O.


"Tamers?" asked Baragon as he and Senior passed the restricted area.


"Codename for us. If we can keep the children Transmutants in check, we get to keep them out of MONARCH's hand. Director Yoshi has agreed to it," said Senior as he and Baragon passed some soldiers. Soon, the two made their way over to the backyard, where they found AJ and Rainbow placing a blanket over Rodan, who groaned as he stirred awake.


"Mr. Takeshi!" said Applejack in surprise.


"You," said the Staff Sergeant with a hard expression as his squad bore shocked looks.


"We'll take it from here," said Senior.


"The fuck gives a terrorist like you the right to-" a soldier stepped forward with his rifle raised.


"Take it up with your commanding officer." Baragon and Senior approached the teens.


"We'll handle them," said Senior. The soldiers glared at the Transmutant. One soldier looked to Manda awkwardly.


"Thanks for the assist. But you think you can change back?" said the soldier. Manda hissed as she glared in offense. She slithered behind Baragon and hid behind him, while sending the soldier the evil eye.


"What? I just don't want you to scare any civilians!" said the soldier with a shrug.


"If she did reverted to human form, she'd be naked," interjected the female soldier. "It's a lose-lose, situation."


"Oooh," said the male soldier awkwardly, having not thought of the consequences of what he asked. Manda continued to glare at him while she hid behind Baragon.


Later...

The neighborhood was empty of any MONARCH activity. All of the armored vehicles, the soldiers, and the chopper were all gone. Instead, there was Senior, Baragon, and a newly clothed Manda. She wore Baragon's jacket while sporting a pair of sweatpants. Rainbow and Applejack were standing by Rodan as he sat against the wall of the house with a groan. The blanket wrapped over him remained.


"Good work, Manda," said Senior.


"For what? He just carried me off to his house!" said Manda.


"It could've gotten worse if you had not intervened," said Senior, as he looked to Rodan. "Tensions are high when in the sight of a transformed Transmutant."


"You know, when that alert mentioned Rodan's house, I began to have my suspicion," said Rainbow. "I mean, he doesn't have an inhibitor chip anymore and Sunset and Twilight were freaking about some dream."


"Dream?" asked Manda.


"Forget it. Just paranoia from those two," said Rainbow.


"What I want to know is what he was doing. He was at my home destroying our apple trees yesterday," said Applejack.


"Looks like he was nesting. Given how he kidnapped me and was distracted by one of the soldiers, I think he was planning on mating," said Manda. The girls looked at her incredulously.


"Geez! Does this guy ever stop?!" asked Applejack as she looked at Rodan.


"Cut him some slack. A Transmutant stunted in their development with an inhibitor chip. When they transform, it's usually under high stress and emotion. They lose their self-control. I guess you can say the beast takes over them entirely. So they behave like them," said Manda. She shook her head. "It's wrong that they're still making us do this despite it causing more harm to Transmutants and other people."


"It's just how it is, Manda. It could be worse," said Baragon with a shrug.


"Worse?! Why should this even be tolerated?!" demanded Manda.


"We're not used for slavery anymore. Well, only some of us actually experienced that," said Baragon as he glanced at Senior.


"But the fact that we have to have our rights limited to make other people feel safe is just- It's not fair!" said Manda.


"Well, what do you suggest? Unless you have an answer, then complaining about it isn't going to do you any good. I know that sounds harsh, especially coming from me, but it's true," said Baragon. Manda sighed in frustration.


"What if you treated transformation like fire arms?" suggested Applejack. This drew everyone else's attention.


"The right to bear arms is for about any citizen that isn't a criminal in this country and is at least 18. It was a right because the founders of Equestria declared it a God-given right to self-preservation against foreign and domestic threats. Transforming is a natural part of Transmutants, right? So what if it’s legal for Transmutants to transform only in self-defense? And if they use that ability for terrorist or criminal acts, they lose that right. Just like you lose your right to bear arms for a criminal history," said Applejack.


"AJ, guns and Transmutants aren't the same," deadpanned Rainbow. Applejack sent her a glare.


"I know that! I was just trying to offer an idea!" said Applejack.


"Well you have to consider the damage a Transmutant can cause," said Baragon. "There's also the ability to take away transformation for Transmutants if they weren't given inhibitor chips, and the potential to have to station MONARCH bases closer to towns for a response to criminals, unless the police are trained and given the proper equipment to take them down. Then there's the taxes," said Baragon.


"Well, why not recruit Transmutants into MONARCH and the police force? That'd be a good equalizer," said Manda.


"But the taxes," complained Baragon.


"I think tax money spent on the legitimist role of the government to protect the liberty of citizens is a lot better than paying for someone else's 'free' college," deadpanned Manda. Senior scoffed.


"What are you two complaining about taxes for? Neither of you pay them anyway!" said Senior.


"Hey, if we're done with politics right now, I'm gonna skedaddle! I got a test to make up!" said Rainbow as she was about to run off.


"Wait!" said Applejack.


"Go on ahead. We'll take care of Rodan," said Senior as he nodded to the girls. Applejack nodded in response.


Later, Applejack gasped as she and Rainbow had suddenly stopped from the high speed run. She ran her fingers through her hair that was made messy from the wind.


"Right now, 2nd period should be starting. I can still make it for my test!" said Rainbow. She was about to run to the school but noticed Applejack to be staring off blankly.


"Yo, AJ! You there? We gotta go!" said Rainbow.


"You think... You think Rodan's gonna be alright?" asked Applejack. Rainbow looked at her in confusion.


"What? Of course! The Guardians are with him and MONARCH left him alone. Why wouldn't he?" asked Rainbow.


"I've been thinking about what Manda said. About the inhibitor chips being more harmful than helpful to Transmutants," said Applejack.


"That's only if they're inhibitor chip is broken. That rarely happens," said Rainbow.


"But we have four friends that are in that boat," said Applejack.


"Well..." Rainbow tried to formulate a response.


"Is it right to limit all Transmutants over something that's natural to them? Just to make everyone feel safe? Even if it hurts them?" asked Applejack. Rainbow didn't answer. Instead, a look of discomfort was on her face as she looked around.


"We should get moving," said Rainbow as she power walked off to the school building. Applejack sighed heavily as she followed her.

PreviousChapters Next