• Published 17th Feb 2016
  • 10,651 Views, 581 Comments

Shy and Aggressive - Johng117



Fluttershy finds herself in one of the most unlikely of situations. She meets the top delinquent of Ponyville High. Not only that, he is also a freak to society.

  • ...
45
 581
 10,651

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 10: Pain

It was early morning; Junior was reluctantly awake as he’d normally wake up at ten or eleven in the morning on weekends. However, today he was forced to wake up at eight in the morning.

The Transmutant sighed heavily as he drowsily sat at the kitchen table with his breakfast. He winced as his back felt a sharp pain and moaned in annoyance. Miwa took her eyes off of her cereal bowl as she heard her son's pained moan.

"Is something wrong?" asked Miwa.

"My back is hurting a lot. I was fine last night, but it started hurting this morning," said Junior with a wince. Miwa tapped her chin in thought.

"Hmm. Speaking of last night, how was the dance?" asked Miwa with a look of curiosity. "Tell me all the details!"

"Eh..." Junior looked away in annoyance. The last thing he wanted to remember was what happened at the Fall Formal the previous night. Not to mention how his mother was pestering him to know what had happened.

"Well, I ended up chatting with Erika for a minute," said Junior.

"Who?" asked Miwa in curiosity.

"Green haired girl," said Junior. Miwa snapped her fingers in response.

"Oh yeah, her! She was a cutie," said Miwa with an innocent smile.

"Stop, mom," deadpanned Junior. He scratched his lower back.

"Anyway, after that, I danced with Mosura and then Sunset Shimmer. Then, I decided to head home early since I was tired. Fluttershy walked with me," said Junior.

"I'm so proud of you," said Miwa with a smile. Junior groaned in response.

"Can I ever talk about these girls without you trying to embarrass me?" asked Junior. Miwa shrugged in response.

"Just sayin'," said Miwa. Junior rolled his eyes in response as he went back to eating his cereal. As he ate, Miwa gave him a pout expression. Junior soon noticed this and raised a brow at her.

"What?" asked Junior.

"You were supposed to say, 'but I'm Super Sa-'"

"No, please don't. People are going to have a collective cringe if you finish that sentence," said Junior with a deadpanned stare.

"Darn," said Miwa in disappointment. Junior shook his head at his mother's references. Ever since she first got onto social media, she studied the sources of some of the inside jokes and has tried to use them with him. With that, Junior's back ache worsened and he groaned in pain, dropping his spoon and making Miwa jump in response.

"Damn, that hurts!" said Junior. Miwa stood up from her seat with a look of worry.

"Here, go lay on the living room floor. I'll give you a massage," said Miwa. Junior nodded to her as he sluggishly made his way over to the living room and lied himself on the carpet. He panted as his back continued to ache. Miwa knelt beside him and pressed her hands against his back.

"Ah. Lower. Lower back," said Junior with a wince. Miwa began to travel lower down her son's spine and felt Junior jolt as she applied a small amount of pressure on his back. Junior gritted his teeth as he groaned. Miwa backed her hand away immediately with a worried expression. She carefully brought her hand onto the sides of her son's back away from the spine and gently pressed against his muscles. Junior panted as the pain kept up. As she continued to work his back, Miwa felt a warm spot on her right hand. The heat was radiating from beneath his shirt.

"Lift up your shirt. I want to look at your back," said Miwa. Junior slipped his hands at the base of his shirt and lifted it up with her assistance. As the shirt came up above his lower back, her eyes widened in shock.

"Oh my God," said Miwa with a gasp. Junior turned his head slightly.

"Wh-What's wrong?" asked Junior in worry. He wasn't comfortable with his mother's tone.

"Junior, get dressed. We're going to the hospital," said Miwa in a serious tone.


Later...

Junior was lying on his belly on a hospital bed. He was dressed in a hospital gown, much to his annoyance due to how short it was, especially with how damn cold the rooms in hospitals were. He was thankful that he was at least able to build his own heat. Miwa was sitting on a chair in the room with her son, while the doctor stood by a screen that displayed x-ray pictures of Junior's back. The picture showed that a tiny cancer-like growth near the lower half of Junior's spine, bearing some small fractures.

"As you can see here, your inhibitor chip seems to be damaged. As a result of the damaged device in your body, it's causing damage to your tissue," said the doctor as he pointed to the picture.

"Damaged? But how?" asked Miwa in disbelief.

"Well, that's what we are here to find out. Mr. Takeshi, can you think of anything that may have led to your inhibitor chip being damaged?" questioned the doctor. Junior glanced at him and then looked down in thought.

"Whatever it is, it stays in this room. This is between doctor and patient," said the doctor with a reassuring smile. Junior scowled in annoyance. Likely, the doctor was probing him to confess about possibly tampering with his own inhibitor chip. However, the Transmutant had never done such thing. Though, he did think about a possibility.

"Well, I had gotten into some fights lately. Mostly with other Transmutants," said Junior.

"Hmm. Any strong hits the lower back?" asked the doctor.

"Like, several," answered Junior. He then snapped his fingers.

"Oh, there was also that day when I was hit by a car," said Junior.

"You... were hit by a car?" asked the doctor. Junior nodded.

"Yeah, broke some bones. Recovered in a few days," said Junior.

"And... It didn't occur to you to come to the hospital?" asked the doctor in disbelief.

"No, because we don't need hospital bills for something that I would have recovered easily from in just a few days," said Junior in annoyance.

"Well, before I can confirm anything, I need to ask. After your accident, did you experience anything... different?" asked the doctor.

"Um... How do you mean?" asked Junior.

"As in, any abnormal changes to your body? Growth of claws, animalistic grunt, eye changes, growth of scales?" asked the doctor.

"Well... I think I remember losing my human teeth and being replaced by sharp teeth," said Junior. The doctor nodded to him.

"Then your current condition can be traced to your accident. Your inhibitor chip was damaged to the point that you were able to partially transform. Add that with your fights, I'd say that's what made things worse," said the doctor. Miwa looked at the doctor worriedly.

"What can we do? My son can't go on with a damaged inhibitor chip! You know what they'll do to him if they find out that his chip is damaged!" said Miwa with dread. Junior deeply frowned at his mother's reaction; he knew well what she had to worry about. It was likely that if MONARCH or an officer were to learn about his damaged chip, they would suspect him of terrorist activity. There would be no trial or any chance for him to speak on his own defense. He would be judged guilty, with no chance of being declared innocent.

"Unfortunately, his chip can't be replaced. You see, these chips are designed as inorganic bio-chips. They're meant to act as being part of the bodies of Transmutants by being able to connect themselves to the spine of them while the subject is in the early stages of development inside the womb. Removing and replacing it would be impossible, and it won’t successfully connect with his nervous system, where we learned is what controls his ability to transform. One wrong misstep can hamper some of his natural body functions or even kill your son," said the doctor Miwa felt her stomach turn and her chest tighten at the doctor's answer and Junior himself grew uncomfortable. Miwa looked to her son and then at the doctor before gritting her teeth and lowering her head.

"I'm sorry. Listen, just try to keep any of those minor transformations a secret for your own good. Try to stay out of trouble as well," said the doctor. Junior looked at him in disbelief. This was real. There was nothing that the doctors could do about his situation.

"But... What about the chip? Have you seen my back?!" asked Junior as he pointed parted the hospital gown on his back, revealing a dark spot on his skin.

"We'll have to remove the dead tissue in your lower back. Given your regenerative abilities, you should recover soon on your own, but we want to keep you under watch until you're fully healed," said the doctor. Junior sighed heavily as he lowered his head. His damaged chip blew away any chance of weekend relaxation and led him into a very dangerous situation with MONARCH. His mother bore a worried expression, and her fear for her son was very evident to the Transmutant.


Meanwhile...

Erika sat down in a chair inside of a doctor's office alongside a middle aged man, Genshiro Shiragami. Before them was a woman that sat behind the desk.

"I'm sorry. Your condition is getting worse, Ms. Shiragami," said the woman.

"Surely, there's something that you do," said Genshiro.

"Unfortunately, there isn't much we can do. Her health is going to deteriorate even further. We can only slow it down with treatment," said the woman. Erika merely held a blank stare as she stared at her hands as she took in the news that her doctor had told her. She was lost in her thoughts that she was unable to hear her father and doctor.

"Ms. Shiragami," called the doctor. Erika brought her eyes up to meet her doctor.

"I want you to take some time to process this. Try not to act on this without my consent, otherwise it may worsen your condition," said the doctor. Erika merely lowered her eyes in response.

"It doesn't really matter anyway," said Erika. Genshiro deeply frowned and brought his hand over his daughter's and held it firmly.

Later, the two were outside of the doctor's office and were currently walking down the hall. It smelled of disinfectant and filled with employees walking to their next destination with some patients being moved along. Erika kept her eyes on the ground as she kept an emotionless expression.

"Erika, we're not going to give up," said Genshiro. He pulled out his cell phone and held it.

"Look, GeneCo has been working with genetic engineering for this kind of thing. We can-" Genshiro stopped as Erika looked at him with a sad smile.

"Dad, you don't have to go to this much trouble for me," said Erika. Genshiro stopped and held his daughter by her shoulders.

"Erika, don't ask me to stand by and watch you go through this! I am not going to let what happened to your mother happen to you as well!" said Genshiro with watery eyes. Erika felt herself tear up as well. She wrapped her arms around her father with a sniffle.

"Oh, dad," muttered Erika with a small sob. The two held each other for a minute, despairing over the future. Genshiro released his daughter with a sniffle.

"I'm... I'm going to make a phone call. Wait here," said Genshiro as he walked further down the hall. Erika sniffled as she stood in the hall alone and afraid.

"Erika?" called a familiar voice. Erika gasped as she heard her name called. She immediately turned and found Junior sitting in a wheel chair with an employee pushing him and his mother beside him.

"Gojira? Wha-What are you doing here?" asked Erika in surprise as she quickly wiped her eyes.

"Going into surgery. Some problems with my lower back," said Junior. He looked at her curiously.

"You OK?" asked Junior.

"Oh. Yeah, I'm fine. Just uh... Just came back from seeing a family member's new baby. I'm just happy," said Erika with a forced smile. Miwa gave her a smile.

"Well, congratulations!" said Miwa.

"Thanks," said Erika with a small nod.

"Well, that's cool. I'll uh... See you at school on Monday," said Junior as the employee began to push him through the hall. Erika waved to him with a small smile.

"Sure. See ya," said Erika. She then lowered her hand and bore a deep frown.

Junior later found himself taken to a room where a bed lied. The room smelled of disinfectant and was filled with surgical tools that were placed on the tables. His mother was left behind in the waiting room while he was now alone with a few other surgeons, who covered him from head to toe. Junior was currently lying on his belly on the bed, where his face was exposed underneath on the head rest, allowing him to breathe.

"Are you nervous, Mr. Takeshi?" asked a woman as she knelt next to the Transmutant.

"You're going to be using sharp tools to cut into my flesh. I'm just peachy," deadpanned Junior. The woman chuckled in response.

"Don't worry. We're professionals. Besides, you won't feel a thing," said the woman as she took a mask and brought it to Junior's face.

"Now, breathe in and count to ten," said the woman. As told, Junior took a few breathes as he began to count.

"1. 2. 3. 4..." Junior's eyes grew heavy as he progressed through the numbers. His muscles lost their tension and his breathing began to calm down. Before he could reach ten, Junior passed out. The doctors nodded to each other as they exposed his bare back and began to mark his back for the incision.

"Scalpel," said the woman as she held her hand out. One of the surgeons handed her the bladed tool, which she took and lowered it down to Junior's lower back. She then precisely dragged the blade along his flesh, cutting through it.


Meanwhile...

Sunset held her arms crossed as she sat on her home's sofa. She bore a scowl as she avoided eye contact with Flash Sentry, who sat beside her with his eyes lowered on the ground. Meanwhile, Mosura and Twilight sat on a chair with nervous expressions. They were visiting Sunset and suddenly, Flash Sentry comes in, placing Sunset into a foul mood. Yesterday was still present in the girl's mind.

"Sunset, can't we just talk for a minute?" asked Flash.

"I can't believe what you did last night," said Sunset in disapproval. Flash winced at her cold tone.

"Sunset, I-"

"What is your problem?" demanded Sunset as she shot Flash a glare. "I mean, sure I danced with him. But it didn't mean anything! It was totally platonic!"

"It's just-" Flash was interrupted as Sunset stood up from the sofa.

"Then what?! Why did you the need to chase him off like that?!" demanded Sunset. Mosura raised her hands.

"H-Hey, let's calm-"

"Because he's one of them!" said Flash with a glare of his own, raising his tone. Mosura immediately placed her hands down with a startled expression.

"Or not," muttered Mosura. Sunset shook her head.

"Why? What could cause you to be such a jerk to him? Why does him being a Transmutant bother you so much?" asked Sunset. Flash lowered his head with a heavy sigh.

"I never told you this. But..." Flash took Sunset's hand and guided her down to sit next to him.

"It’s because of them that I lost someone very dear to me. My grandfather," said Flash. Sunset, Twilight, and Mosura's eyes slightly widened. Flash brought a hand over his forehead as he deeply frowned.

"I was eleven then. My grandfather was a police officer for many years. I looked up to him and wanted to be a cop just like him to fight bad guys and keep our town safe. But one day, my grandfather was out doing his job as always. He was out with a few other police officers to stop a gang of Transmutants that were terrorizing people in the park," said Flash. He closed his eyes as he visualized the story of his grandfather's demise.

"They managed to stop these Transmutants and were beginning to arrest them. Someone was still in the park while the others ran away. My grandfather went to help him, but the next thing that the other officers with him heard was him giving a blood curdling scream. They turned around and found the man that stayed behind had shoved his fist through his chest," said Flash. Sunset lightly gasped with wide eyes. Mosura cupped her mouth with a hand while Twilight at Flash sympathetically. Flash's heart ached as he recalled the event.

"I was very close to my grandfather. He was a good man. He did his best to serve people, including Transmutants, as a police officer," said Flash. He then hardened his eyes and clenched his fist.

"But that monster killed him," said Flash.

"What happened to the Transmutant that killed him?" asked Mosura.

"They shot him down," said Flash. Sunset scooted closer to Flash and wrapped her arms around him and leaned her head against his shoulder.

"I don't want that freak coming near you, Sunset. Or any of you. You can't trust them. I can't lose you like I lost my grandfather," said Flash.

"I'm sorry about your grandfather, Flash. But you can't judge Gojira by the actions of those Transmutants. He's a friend," said Sunset. Twilight nodded in agreement.

"That's right. I know Transmutants may seem hard to be around, but we can't let fear cloud our judgement," said Twilight.

"Look, why not give him a chance? He's really not all that bad when you get to know him," said Sunset. Flash looked at her in reluctance.

"I... I don't know," said Flash. He sighed heavily.

"I guess I'll try. For you at least," said Flash. Sunset smiled brightly and planted another kiss on him.

"That's my boy," said Sunset. Mosura and Twilight smiled warmly at the scene. Hopefully, this would allow some tensions to loosen up between Junior and Flash.


It was late in the afternoon. The streets were dark and dimly lit in this rough neighborhood of Ponyville. Battra scanned the cold streets with a steely gaze as he roamed through these streets. Beneath his jacket was his armored vest and in his pockets were his mask and gloves. The Transmutant continued to walk around the neighborhood and came across a side walk, where a woman stood by on the corner. As Battra stopped by them, he continued to scan the area.

"Where can I find that damn rat's nest?" muttered Battra to himself.

"Hey, hun," called the woman. Battra turned his head to the side and found one of the women looking him over.

"You lookin' for a little fun?" asked the woman with a coy smile. Battra merely held a blank stare.

'Is she trying to...' Battra shook off the thought.

"No, thank you. I'm just looking for some place," said Battra as he continued to look around.

"Aw. Come on sweetie, I'll make it worth your while just for 50 bucks~," sang the woman. Battra looked back at her and noticed how she was rubbing her thighs that were exposed under her mini skirt. Battra fully turned to face her.

"Hey, why's a beautiful young woman like you using her body as way to make money?" asked Battra. The woman raised a brow at him and snorted in response.

"What the hell? Buddy, you're asking the wrong question," said the woman as she approached Battra and ran a hand on his jacket.

"I'm curious. This isn't any job someone should have to take," said Battra. The woman looked at him in annoyance.

"What I do with my body is none of your damn business! Now do you want me to show you a good time or not?" asked the woman.

"Sorry, it's just that I can tell that you don't want to do this," said Battra as he placed his hands in his pockets. The woman's eyes widened in surprise.

"Yes, you're only doing this to help you meet ends meet. You never finished school and the only way you thought you'd be able to make a living is using your body. You're afraid to ask your parents for help," said Battra. The woman stepped back from him with a frightened expression.

"Wha-What are you? Some kind of angel or something?" asked the woman. Battra chuckled in response.

"Yeah, that'd be something. But, no I'm not. Just a guy passing through, who has keen insight," said Battra.

"So, am I wrong?" asked Battra. The woman lamely shook her head, her eyes tearing up.

"It's... It's hard you know. I'm ashamed to face my parents again after all of this. I just..." the woman choked up as she cupped her hand over her mouth to keep her sobs in. Battra frowned and approached her, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"Hey, it's alright. But you know, why not risk asking for your parents' help?" asked Battra.

"I-I can't! I-I-" the woman was interrupted as Battra brought a gloved hand and wiped a tear away from her eye.

"Risk it. You're their daughter. You're too precious to be living this kind of life style. If you have an alternative to leave the life you are ashamed of, then take it. Don't wait until it's too late," said Battra with a small smile. The woman sniffled in response as her lips quivered. Battra reached into his pocket and pulled out a twenty dollar bill and placed it in her hand.

"Here. Get yourself something to eat," said Battra as he held her hand firmly.

"Wh-Why are you doing this? I'm just some prostitute," said the woman.

"Well, I was raised to show compassion to others. Even if what you do is frowned by a majority of society and is seen immoral, you're still a person inside. I want to show you the compassion that others are denied because of their circumstances," said Battra with a smile. The woman immediately dove for Battra and wrapped her arms around him and sobbed against his chest. Battra wrapped his arms around her as well and stroke the back of her head before releasing her.

"Well, I have to get going. You take care," said Battra as he walked away while the woman smiled and waved at him. Battra continued on down the side walk in silence with a small smile. He then sighed in annoyance as he continued to look around.

"Where the hell would I go if I was a supporter of the Purists?" asked Battra. As he continued to walk, he stopped as a small group of men jaywalking ahead of him. Battra looked at them in annoyance at their rude action, but his eyes widened as he found a badge with a skull and double helix on the forehead attached to the shoulder of the man's jacket. The rest of the group wore the same kind of jacket.

'Can't tell if they're militant or not. Well, they may be the only lead I have,' thought Battra. He cautiously trailed after the men across the street, spending the next couple of minutes following them through the neighborhood until they came across an establishment covered in bricks and wood. Battra hid behind the wall of a nearby building and peeked towards the building ahead. One of the men of the group knocked on a metal door, then a slot above slid open, revealing the eyes of another man. As Battra listened in, his phone vibrated in his pocket. He gasped as a small jingle came from his phone and he immediately took it out. He frantically unlocked his screen and turned off the notification on his phone.

"Pure water keeps the village healthy and strong. Tainted water kills the village," said the leading man in the jacket, oblivious to the jingle of the phone from across the street. The slot slid close and the door opened, allowing the men inside before closing. Battra sighed in frustration as he found the men enter inside of the building.

"Shit, I missed what he said," said Battra as looked at his phone in annoyance. A notification that informed him of a text message being received from Mosura was on his phone's screen. Battra inhaled deeply as he placed on his mask and rushed down the street and over towards the building. He found himself by the metal door, clenching his fist and knocked on the door. The slot opened up, revealing a pair of grey eyes.

"Password?" asked the man.

"I'm the Night Angel and I have a message from God, asshole," said Battra as he reared his fist back. The man behind the door gasped as Battra's eyes flashed violet. The Transmutant's fist connected with the metal door and knocked it off of its hinges, flying through the building with the man behind it. He gave a cry as he slammed into the bar with the door falling on him. Everyone in the den whipped around and found Battra walking in, sighing in annoyance.

"Ugh. ' I'm the Night Angel and I have a message from God?' This stupid vigilante business is making me come up with corny one-liners, and not even good ones," muttered Battra as he slapped his forehead.

"What the hell?!" exclaimed a man in a jacket. Battra popped his knuckles.

"Let's make this easy folks. I'm looking for someone by the name, 'The Big Boss'. You know anything?" asked Battra.

"Fucking freak!" shouted a man as he came up by Battra's side and swung a pool stick at him. Battra ducked under the stick and then kicked his leg back, knocking the human against the pool table. A few more men rushed the Transmutant with broken beer bottles or anything heavy that they could have. A few women and other men gave panicked cries at the fact that a Transmutant was invading the den.

Battra punched a man in the jaw before he could stab him with a bear bottle and then threw him against another man that held a chair. The Transmutant then caught a pool ball and threw it against the head of another man, knocking him to the ground. Battra's ears perked as he heard the sound of a shotgun being cocked. He whipped his head around and found the bartender raising his weapon and pointing it towards him. Battra leaped out of the way, dodging the buckshot round of the weapon. As he was in the air, his eyes glowed violet and fired beams of energy. The beams struck the weapon and knocked it out of the man's hands, scorching the metal and shattering it. As Battra landed, he was struck by the side by another man with a pool stick. The stick snapped against Battra's back, but the Transmutant whipped around and back handed the human, knocking him against the wall. Battra then brought his hand up towards the bartender, who had pulled out a pistol. Battra focused his telekinesis on the human and forced him over the counter and slammed him on the ground in front of himself. Battra turned and found the rest of the bystanders giving panicked cries as they ran passed him. The Transmutant grunted as he allowed them to pass.

"Now, on to business," said Battra as he approached a man that was lying against the wall. He grabbed him and pinned him against the wall.

"Start talking. Who's this big boss that militant Purists are talking about? I want a name!" demanded Battra as he shook the human.

"I don't know anything, freak," coughed the man. Battra did a quick scan of his mind as he glared at the human. He scoffed as he found nothing important and tossed him aside. He then looked around and noticed that a man bearing a red skull tattoo on his neck crawling away. Battra hardened his eyes as he raised his hand to levitate the man into the air and turning him around to face him.

"Red skull tattoo with a double helix. That's only worn by Knight class of your group. Also known as guys that kill Transmutants in the name of human survival," said Battra as he slightly clenched his hand, causing his telekinetic power to crush the Purist before him. The man groaned in agony.

"Tell me, who is the big boss? Where is he? Don't lie to me, either. I will know when you do," said Battra. The man groaned as he began to cough.

"When I get my hands on you, you're going to- Gaah!!" cried the man in agony as he felt his body being crushed. Battra bore a cold stare as he looked at the man.

"Don't test my patience. Either tell me, or I'll kill you after I prod your mind. And trust me, I won't hesitate to wipe out scum like you," said Battra. The man coughed as he felt himself struggling to breathe as the invisible force crushed him even further. He drew a look of panic.

"OK! OK! Look, I don't know where this guy is and I don't know what he looks like! All I know is that there's some meeting between him along with some higher members of the group!" said the man frantically.

"Where?!" demanded Battra as he applied more force to the man. The human gasped as he struggled to breathe.

"A-At the Lake... South of Ponyville," strained the human. Battra narrowed his eyes. He then flung the human hard against a table, where the sound of bones snapping could be heard.

"Gah!! My legs! You broke my legs, you bastard!!" shouted the man in agony.

"Cry me a river. Normally, I would have killed Purists of your rank. But today, I feel like making one exception," said Battra as he walked out of the Purist den and into the alley with hard eyes.

"Time to go and cut the Purists down to size," said Battra.


It was evening. Battra was walking silently in the night, where his dark clothes allowed him to blend in. His red eyes scanned the area as he searched for his targets. He was a couple miles away from the town and was currently near a hill, where the lake was just around the bend. Battra sneaked around the hill and stopped as he spotted a large group. Battra narrowed his eyes as he focused on his targets.

"Now, where is the big boss?" muttered Battra to himself. He found a few vehicles parked near the hill while militant Purists stood by. They wore skull masks with double helix painted on the foreheads. Their heads were concealed by hoods to protect their identities. With them were a few knights with red masks, armed with rifles, which was unusual given that it was supposed to be a meeting between high ranking Purists members with the big boss, though their presence was likely a precaution. From a dark van, a few other men emerged and approached the group. They bore formal suits with masks, most likely due to being public service figures, such as lawyers, that desired to keep their connections with the Purist out of the public’s eye. This was all seeming too familiar to Battra when it comes to history.

"Thank you for coming ladies and gentlemen. Now, allow me to introduce you to the boss," said one of the men in suits, carrying an accent that Battra was only able to associate with the Hooviet Union. Battra leaned closer over the hill and found the other man in a suit open the van's sliding door. His muscles tensed as he prepared to strike. Then, the man in the suit turned around and held up a laptop computer. Battra's face took on a look of confusion.

"Good evening, brothers and sisters," said a male voice from the laptop. The screen displayed the Purist insignia and the voiced seemed modified to sound deeper. Battra doubted that he would be able to link it to anyone else's voice if he could hear its true sound, but it may have helped to know what exactly what the man sounded like.

"I call this meeting to inform you that the arms that were meant to be delivered last week never arrived in Manehattan. This is unacceptable," said the big boss in disapproval.

"There was some interference. Rumors say that a vigilante that is called the Night Angel took out our men at the produce store. The police confiscated the weapons," said a man with a black skull mask.

"That's not all. Some are saying that he's actually a Transmutant. This freak manages to pop up and kill our knights when we least expect it," said a Purist with a pure white mask.

"This is but one Transmutant. Surely you are competent enough to kill him and continue on with our operations," said the big boss.

"With all due respect sir, but this is no ordinary Transmutant. We think his inhibitor chip has been tampered with, allowing him to take us on with ease. He even has some unnatural powers," said the black masked Purist.

"I have no time to hear about superstitious ideas about a genetic freak. I want you to do your job," said the big boss with a stern voice. He sighed heavily.

"Fortunately, my men have brought you some items that may be of help to you and your next operation in Ponyville," said the big boss. The Hooviet man made his way back to the van and reached inside to pull out a handheld digital device that had a strap on it. He made his way to the Purists and handed the device to the man with the black mask.

"This device copies the design of the DNA scanner that MONARCH gives to its troops. The signal extends to a mile radius, capable of locating any Transmutant that's near," said the big boss. The Hooviet man went back to the van and brought out a crate filled with these gadgets.

"Use these devices for your next operation. But also, use them to locate that vigilante that has been giving you trouble," said the big boss. The man in the black mask nodded in response.

"Understood. What's our next operation here though?" asked the black masked Purist.

"I'm glad you asked, Scar. You're next objective is to-" the big boss spoke while Battra listened in, but his ears were assaulted by the sound of his ring tone. He stiffened as the jingle filled the air and his phone vibrated. Everyone in the area went silent and began to look around.

"Whose phone is that?" asked Scar. The man with the white mask turned his head to the side and found Battra trying to stop his phone from ringing.

"There he is!" shouted the man as he drew out a pistol. Battra's eyes widened as he found that he was spotted. The first shot grazed his leather jacket, prompting him to roll away.

"Get the crate in the van!" shouted Scar as he drew out a submachine gun. Battra began to run around the area as the knights fired at him.

"I should've put this fucking thing on silent!" shouted Battra as he rolled away from the bullets. He leaped through the air and fired beams of energy from his eyes and struck a couple of knights dead. He landed on the ground with a roll and rushed towards another knight, forcing his hand forward and pushing the knight with telekinesis. He found Scar firing his weapon at him, but Battra rolled away albeit not without catching a few rounds on his chest. Battra ducked behind a truck and panted as he checked his chest and found no gunshot wounds. On cue, his phone rang again, making him sigh in annoyance as he answered it.

"Hello?" asked Battra as the gun fire filled the air.

"Hey bro! I was just calling to check on... Hey, what's that noise?" asked Mosura on the other line. Battra grunted as he rolled away from the truck as the bullets ricocheted off of it.

"Oh. Just uh... watching a movie! Yeah, action packed! Filled with guns, bad guys, and a lone protagonist! You know, Applewood," said Battra with a chuckle as he forced his hand towards the truck, causing it to fly towards the rest of the knights. The men gave terrified cries as they were crushed to death by the vehicle.

"Oh. Well, I'll be home soon. Turn that down though, or else the neighbors will complain," said Mosura.

"Uh... Sure sis. Be careful coming home," said Battra as he ran towards the man with the white mask and slammed him to the ground and stepped on his neck.

"Thanks, love you!" said Mosura. Battra chuckled nervously.

"Love yo- Good God!" shouted Battra as he spotted one of the men in suits pulling out an RPG from the van.

"What?! What's wrong?!" asked Mosura frantically.

"Nothing! Just that this movie is getting intense. Call you back!" said Battra as he hung up his phone. He ran as the man pointed the RPG in his path. The rocket launched and soared wildly through the air as it headed for Battra. The Transmutant jumped with all of his might, while the rocket crashed onto the ground, exploding.

"Son of a biiiiitch!!" shouted Battra as he was blown through the air by the force of the explosion. The Purists took the opportunity to drive away from the lake, while the men in suits hopped in their own van and drove off as well. Battra landed on the grass with fire and ash falling around him. He groaned as he sluggishly stood up. He sighed as he watched the vans drive off. He winced as he held his shoulder.

"Note to self, keep phone on vibrate," said Battra.

Meanwhile back in Ponyville, Mosura stared at her phone in curiosity. She hummed to herself.

"I gotta ask Battra what movie he's watching. It sounded exciting," said Mosura with a smile.

PreviousChapters Next