• Published 27th Sep 2015
  • 6,967 Views, 116 Comments

A Trixie Situation - Autum Breeze



Not long after the Dazzlings are defeated, things return to normal at Canterlot High. That is until Sunset Shimmer stumbles upon a five-year-old Trixie

  • ...
10
 116
 6,967

Chapter 7

Chapter 7

___________________________________________________________

“… of course I could always have it… denied. What do you think?”

Spoiled Rich looked coldly at Abacus Cinch as the audio finished, an eyebrow raised. “That last line was clearly blackmail. With this and all the other evidence presented against you, Principal Cinch, are you honestly going to say you’ve done no wrong, to your own students as well as those from Canterlot High?”

They were all sitting in a medium sized room in a building downtown. It was decorated with diplomas, awards and photos here and there of the woman behind the desk with her daughter and sister.

Principal Cinch glanced from the head of the school board to Shining Armour, expecting some help.

However, the man who’d started out defending her during this meeting was now staring at her in a mixture of horror and disgust, before he turned to look behind her.

Cinch looked back too, unable to suppress the scowl that formed when her eyes fell on the student who had ruined everything for her, and the two from Canterlot High sitting next to her, the latter of whom were glaring right back.

Twilight was wearing a blue and white striped shirt with a white collar, with a lavender ribbon tied into a small bow just above her chest and a purple skirt with a six-pointed star image scattered on it. Her hair was now tied back in a long ponytail, held in place by a hairclip shaped like the images on her skirt.

Sitting next Twilight on the other side were Twilight Sparkle’s parents, who were looking in her direction with the same look Shining Armour had given her, as was Dean Cadance, who was sitting next to them.

“Well, Abacus?” Spoiled asked, tapping a finger against her desk. “I’m waiting.”

“You knew that Canterlot High has been using magic all this time and never did anything about it!” Cinch replied, turning her attention to the woman. “How can you condemn any of the misdemeanours I have made, yet along such a blatant abuse of power there? I’ve no doubt they’ve been using their magic to improve their school’s reputation.”

“If I may, Miss Rich?” Sunset called out, raising a hand slightly.

Spoiled Rich nodded.

Sunset stood up, giving Cinch a firm look, before speaking. “It’s true, Canterlot High has used our magic, but, as you know, we have never used it to try making our school seem better than others. We’ve only used it to stop rogue magic that has entered this world through Equestria. Not once has it been used for the school’s personal gain. Especially during the Friendship Games.”

“You had trained attack plants interfere with my students and one of that blue one used her wings!” Cinch snapped back, almost at once.

“Enough with the lies, Cinch,” Spoiled interrupted, her tone saying she was done. “You claim that Canterlot High used magic against your school to cheat. However, from all the video evidence of both the events in which magic was involved, it was your former student who’s use of magic caused the issues.”

Twilight looked down, ashamed, but Trixie leaned over Sunset and put a hand on the lavender girl’s hand, causing a small smile.

“Due to your insistence she not interact with the students of CHS beyond trying to find ways to spy on them, which, by the way, in itself sounds similar to cheating, she had no idea what would happen when the magic she’d unintentionally taken from Canterlot High’s students got loose. It opened the portals that brought those dangerous plants onto the field. And when Rainbow Dash sprouted her wings, she stopped being in the race. As the video shows,” she opened a window on her computer screen, displaying the video to them, “she gave her bike to Sunset Shimmer, while Rainbow went and fought off the plants, saving your own students in the process. So, I fail to see how they were using magic to cheat.”

Trixie folded her arms, smirking. She couldn’t wait for the next part.

“And, as shown here, in footage filmed by one of your own students, I might add,” she closed the window and brought up another, from an angle looking down from just above Cinch and the Crystal Prep students who’d been competing in the games, “you clearly pressure Twilight that, since CHS had already cheated by using magic, when the previous video proves that completely false, that she use the magic she’d unintentionally stolen, with no idea what it would even do, to win the rest of the games, resulting in this.”

Twilight looked away as the footage showed her transforming into Midnight Sparkle and what followed.

“You claim Canterlot are in the wrong, even here, when it is Sunset Shimmer, one of their own students, who not only stops Twilight after the magic drove her mad, not to mentioned cured her and returned her to her normal state, but also stopped our world from being ripped apart as well,” Spoiled raised an eyebrow. “And you followed that up by acting as if you had done no wrong and even demanded Canterlot High forfeit. I fail to see, in any way possible, that CHS are in the wrong and you are in the right here, Abacus.”

“And you’re trusting Canterlot High’s delinquent student?” Cinch shot back, pointing to Sunset, who wilted slightly, before straightening up and glaring. “The last three years, she terrorised their school and made it difficult for all the students there. You’re saying you’ll trust her over myself in this?!”

Spoiled scowled. “Sunset Shimmer’s beginnings at CHS may have been rocky, to put it mildly, Abacus, but over the last year, she has done her best to right all her wrongs and become a model student in the process. And, as I just showed, is the one who saved our very world after your actions to make sure your school defeated Canterlot almost ended it! And, while I sadly cannot have you arrested for nearly destroying our world, the blackmail charges are more than enough. With all the testimonies from your own students and the audio and video proof of you blackmailing a student who clearly was uncomfortable with what you were forcing her to do against her will, I hereby relieve you of duty.”

Cinch blinked, before her eyes narrowed. “You’re sacking me?!”

Spoiled nodded. “I do not and will not stand for any of the students in my schools being taken advantage, especially blackmailed.”

Cinch snorted, pointing to Sunset again. “So, she was allowed to blackmail her fellow students from her school and gets a pass?”

Spoiled shook her head. “Sunset Shimmer already made up for her past transgressions. Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna made sure of that. Besides which, she is a minor. You are an adult. The situations are very different, Abacus.”

The now former Principal Cinch, glared at Spoiled, turned her glare to Twilight, Sunset and Trixie and back to Spoiled, before straightening up. “Very well, Spoiled Rich. I’ll see you in court, then.”

Spoiled smirked slightly. “I look forward to it. I’m sure you’ll be able to excuse the blackmail charges with the magic defence.”

“We will see, won’t we?” with that, Cinch turned, gave a final scathing glare towards Twilight and left.

Spoiled Rich heaved a heavy sigh, putting a hand to her forehead. “As if dealing with my ex in court wasn’t aggravating enough.” Shaking her head, she looked to the rest of those gathered, namely Cadance. “Dean Cadance, until further notice and likely permanently, I am appointing you as the new principal of Crystal Preparatory Academy. Lead the students well.”

Principal Cadance smiled and nodded. “Of course. I promise to do my best.”

Spoiled nodded. “I will look into finding a new dean as soon as possible. Dismissed. Cadance? Stay behind so we can finalize some paperwork for Monday.”

With that, everyone save Cadance got up and left, Twilight staying next to Sunset and Trixie, the latter of whom was holding Sunset’s hand, her face red, but wasn’t complaining.

“About time that horrid woman was fired,” Twilight Velvet said firmly, before giving a concerned look towards her daughter. “I always knew something was worrying Twilight whenever she came home, even if she never told me.”

Night Light nodded. “I’m glad we can finally put all that past us and move on. Even if she’s transferring to CHS, Crystal Prep should be way better of Cadance in charge.”

“Twily!”

The group stopped and turned as Shining Armour hurried out of the office, stopping in front of the girl, who cowered slightly behind Sunset.

Shining looked from the worried expression of his sister, the glares from Sunset and Trixie and the disappointed looks from his parents and looked down, ashamed.

“Twily, I… I’m so sorry. I honestly thought entering the games was good to help you come out of your shell. I mean, you got represent the school.”

“For someone with Twilight’s, at the time, clear social anxiety being put in such a position can only make that worse, pal,” Sunset scolded him. “Despite not knowing Cinch was going to blackmail her, you emphasized to Twilight she should enter the games, even when she was making it clear as day that the idea made her highly uncomfortable. Siding with Cinch without getting all the facts, even after we told you when we met yesterday, only made it worse.”

Shining looked like he’d been stabbed in the heart by Sunset’s words, before looking to his sister. “Twily, seriously, I’m so sorry. I just…”

“I… I forgive you, Shining Armour,” Twilight said quietly, turning away from him. “But… but I… just give me some time. Okay?”

Sunset cocked an eyebrow at him.

Shining didn’t looked all that happy, but sighed and nodded. “Okay, Twily.”

With that, the group left, leaving Shining Armour to wait on his wife as well as the chewing out he was very likely going to get. A chewing out Sunset felt he truly deserved.

___________________________________________________________

“So, things worked out fairly well?” Rarity asked, tipping a sip of her smoothie.

The group of nine were in the food court at the local mall. They’d gotten smoothies from Applejack’s Aunt Orange’s shop and sat down so Sunset, Twilight and occasionally Trixie could explain to them what happened at the meeting.

“Glad to know Cinch is out of the job,” Applejack nodded.

“Now that Ah think about it, Crystal Prep did become a pain not long after Cinch took charge,” Rainbow said, frowning in thought. “Then again, that’s only from what I know. Mom and dad made it clear the school was better, back in their day and Cinch became the Principal there long before I was born, so I’ve only known the Cinch Run Crystal Prep.”

“As have we all, darling,” Rarity agreed, looking to Sunset and Trixie, the latter of whom was enjoying a peanut butter and banana smoothie, a very contented smile on her lips. “I cannot believe she stooped so low as to try bringing your past up as part of her defence for her actions.”

“I can,” Twilight looked down into her grape and banana smoothie. “Now that I look back on my years there, she’d always turn any time a student called her out on something by bringing up something from their own past. We were all made to feel we had to succeed, even the smallest flaw was made to feel like it could ruin our education.”

“Well, you don’t have to worry about that anymore!” Pinkie cheered, hugging Twilight from behind, a huge grin on her face.

“So, do you have any plans for today?” Fluttershy asked, looking to Sunset.

The girl in question smiled, ruffle Trixie’s hair, to which the little girl batter it away, but smiling. “Well, I thought we’d spend some time at the park. Some relaxation time, what with everything that’s been going on lately.”

The others nodded.

“The park sounds like a great idea,” Spike chirped from Twilight’s lap, before grinning. “I’ll bet there’ll be some squirrels that’ll be fun to chase too.”

The girls all laughed, agreeing some relaxing time at the park was a good idea.

Author's Note:

So, decided to try giving this fic another shot.

It is an interesting one to tackle now, what with Forgotten Friendship coming out not too long ago. when i do get to that part, i will clearly be doing something different with Trixie than the special did.

of course, that's for then. for now, i've the next few months Sunset and Trixie have before Dance Magic, followed by Legends of Everfree and Movie Magic, Mirror Magic and, of course, Forgotten Friendship.

this is going to be interesting.

Can't say when the next update will be, but i'll try before July, just don't hold me to that.

i honestly feel i could've done more with this chapter, but trying to get back into and how long it took just to get what i've got down, i couldn't really feel what else i could put in this chapter without making it feel cluttered.

as, for those who think i'm just moving from the Sunset and Trixie part to a relationship thing... have you not read the story description? this story is going to be about Trixie and Sunset.

Twilight will not be moving in with Sunset and will just live with her parents, like is shown in the shorts. if i do have Sunset enter a relationship, it will only be after long establishing her and Trixie's connection and even then, won't be a huge factor to the story, so you don't worry about that.

anyway, that's all for now. Hope you enjoyed this chapter and, til next time, later everypony

Comments ( 25 )

it lives once more

Why did you change your mind about Twilight moving in with Sunset if I may ask? :rainbowhuh: Please tell me it is not because of that eye sore timber? (heh now I know what Flash Sentry haters feel lol)

Awesome chapter

So, what's the deal with Spoiled Rich in this fic? I don't believe she was brought up before this point. I assume she's an attorney or something along those lines? :rainbowhuh:

I like if Trixie stay twilight even more calls her mommy!

Comment posted by Galaxy of Equestria deleted Mar 2nd, 2018

8768939
Canterlot school bord or something... dont remember.

Oh and....

I never thought I would like Spoiled Rich after Crusaders of the Lost Mark, but...

Boy was I proven wrong.

I'm wondering if you've been watching the Canterlot High shorts, or the latest special.
As far as the romance thing goes, were you planning a Sunlight thing? Cause I wouldn't blame you if you kept it, though I wouldn't mind seeing something done with Flash.

I am so beyond happy this is back up and mad I didn't have I ton watch like I thought I did! Can't wait for more!

I'm intrigued by the idea of the school board being aware of magic. I hope the series addresses this at some point.

Woah, woah, a new chapter, three years later? Can't wait to read it

Never mind. Thanks to Timber, the original plan for the romance tag is null en void.

Just because something in canon comes up doesn't mean that it should affect what you do with your storu. There's a reason that its called fanfiction, after all.

really good story

...so.. No new chapter i really likes this it was getting good :applecry::pinkiecrazy::rainbowkiss:

Whens the next chapter coming

so no news on this book?? are you still update it:pinkiesad2::pinkiesad2:

9684075
then why hasn't there been a new chapter since 2018?

That was a super cute story. Shame it never got finished though, who knows maybe one day inspiration for it will hit again. But I loved that story

11714801
We’re actually really good friends I can’t tell u when but I can tell u the story’s not over :)

11723210
Cool I'm glad to hear that it's still being worked on. It's a super cute story and would love to see it finished

11723527
I’m actually writing a story inspired by it so be on the lookout ;)

Login or register to comment