• Published 27th Sep 2015
  • 6,926 Views, 116 Comments

A Trixie Situation - Autum Breeze



Not long after the Dazzlings are defeated, things return to normal at Canterlot High. That is until Sunset Shimmer stumbles upon a five-year-old Trixie

  • ...
11
 116
 6,926

Chapter 1

A Trixie Situation

Chapter 1

___________________________________________________________


Several days after Equestrian Magic was seen in the skies of Canterlot

“Ooh, peanut butter crackers,” Sonata smiled, putting a coin into the machine and watching the packaged crackers and peanut butter drop from the slot.

“Sonata!” the blue-skinned human-formed Siren looked up as she took her prize from the machine opening to see Aria stomping towards her down the hall.

“Oh, hi, Aria,” she cheered, waving her open hand.

Said hand was quickly grabbed by the light-purple skinned girl, who glared at the other. “What part of Adagio’s plan about staying low to scope this place out did you not understand?!” the Siren growled. “We’re meant to go straight to the Principal’s office to make her and the Vice Principal do what we want.”

Sonata blinked confusedly, before smiling again and humming, letting a little of her magic slip from her pendant into her voice. “Want some peanut butter crackers?” she asked, holding the packaging out.

Aria snarled, grabbing the food item from the younger Siren’s hand. “You five-year-old!” she tossed the item back at the machine, by pure dumb luck, getting it directly in the opening. “Don’t waste your magic like that! Now, quit fooling around already and come on, or Adagio will have our heads, though I’ll make sure I at least get to watch her have yours first!”

With that she dragged the pouting Sonata down the hall to meet with Adagio so they could use their powers to sway the principal and her sister to their will.

She failed to notice the fading shimmer of the magic Sonata had left on the peanut butter crackers, nor that her words altered the effect on the magic sinking into the food.

___________________________________________________________

Trixie grumbled as she walked into Canterlot High at 6am.

She still couldn’t believe Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna were punishing her with early detention and chores for making The Rainbooms fall down that trapdoor so that she could take their place in the final of the Battle of the Bands a few days ago.

If she hadn’t done that, then The Rainbooms would’ve been up against The Dazzles whilst their friendship was still a bit rocky due to the way they were handling their band. If that had happened, there was a good chance The Dazzlings’ dark magic would’ve been stronger and The Rainbooms would’ve lost and everyone would now be under The Dazzlings’ control.

And it wasn’t like she really had control over what she’d been doing. It was the spell The Dazzlings had placed upon her and all the other students. You’d think that would get her off the hook for it

But, because of what she did, despite having not been herself at the time, The Rainbooms had not only been able to make up, but the power of their magic had been so strong that it had completely finished off The Dazzlings, making it so they could never use their dark magic again.

If anything, Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna should be thanking her. It was her actions that ensured The Rainbooms were able to defeat The Dazzlings.

Without Trixie, they would all be puppets for those Sirens.

But was she getting thanked for her actions inadvertently saving them all? Oh, no. She was being punished as if she was responsible for the opposite.

“There really is no justice for Trixie in this world,” she muttered as she walked towards the only vending machine in the school that had her favourite peanut butter crackers.

She reached for her wallet and opened it, before frowning. “Seriously? I’ve no coins?!” She groaned. Why couldn’t Celestia and Luna just upgrade the machines to those kinds that take notes too? It wouldn’t be that hard.

Annoyed that the world was denying her even a little bit of happiness during this stupid punishment, she kicked the machine, regretting it a second later as she hopped on one foot, muttering “Ow! Ow! Ow!”

However, as her toes’ pain lessened, she noticed something in the opening where the food drops after being ordered.

Her eyes lit up. A pack of peanut butter crackers.

“Maybe the world isn’t against Trixie today,” she declared, taking the free item, opening it, sticking a cracker into the peanut butter and taking a bite.

She gave a satisfied moan of delight as she tasted the peanut butter, before a slight frown played across her face.

Something tasted... odd about the peanut butter.

Checking the used by date, she saw it wasn’t off.

Trixie scratched her head. If it wasn’t the date, was did the peanut butter taste so odd?

She turned to look at the machine to see if maybe the colouring of something was different with the only ones... before she blinked.

Just moments ago, her eyesight was perfectly aligned with the row above the peanut crackers. Now, it was on par with the row with the peanut butter crackers.

“What in the world?” Trixie scratched her head. Something was up here.

Suddenly, Trixie felt her skirt slipping. Moving a hand down, she stopped it, frowning.

“This skirt fit Trixie just fine before. Why is it suddenly too big? Is Trixie losing weight?”

She blinked, noticing her jacket sleeves were longer than they had been a moment ago, each had slid down to almost covering her hands.

More confused, Trixie glanced around. Was someone playing a joke?

Suddenly, she noticed the hall seemed a lot bigger than it had before.

As she watched, it kept seeming to grow taller around her and her clothes seemed to be getting bigger.

Trixie knelled down so her skirt wouldn’t fall, slight panic starting to settle in.

Was she...? Was she shrinking?!

She felt a overwhelming urge to start crying.

What is wrong with me?! she thought angrily, shaking her head. The Great and Powerful Trixie is no child! She isn’t going to start crying when she doesn’t know what’s going on!

Once she had calmed her mind, though she still felt a tear well up in each eye, Trixie opened her eyes again and looked down at herself— only to cry out in shock!

She had gotten smaller! If she stood, she estimated that she would barely standing above the first row in the vending machine.

Her clothes were ridiculously big now; her hands only reached half way down the sleeves of her jacket.

“H-hey! What happened to me?” she cried, realizing her voice was a lot higher pitched now, similar to when she was younger. “What sort of trickery is this?!”

She looked around, suddenly feeling scared. It was understandable that she was scared— she’d just gone from a teenager to a child, for crying out loud! However, this was not just rational fear.

As she looked around, she noticed just how big everything was compared to her and had to fight the urge to start crying again.

She was scared... of the school. It was so big and she was now so small.

“I... I can’t let anyone see me like this!” I said to herself, trying to move, but realizing her clothes were now too big and tripped over them.

“Who’re there?!” a stern, unhappy voice called from down the corridor, one Trixie recognized as that of Ms. Harshwhiney.

Trixie eeped, deciding to get out of the clothes holding her down and wear whatever she could.

She stepped out of her dress, which slid to the floor the moment she wasn’t trying to hold it up anymore and ran, holding the bottom of her jacket, which now was so big it covered her whole body.

Her eyes frantically darting around for a place to hide, Trixie saw one of the music room doors was open.

Deciding to take a chance, she bolted inside and closed the door, then ran over to one of the small cupboards and hid inside.

___________________________________________________________

“I’m glad Principal Celestia gave us permission to practice today,” Sunset Shimmer said as she and the rest of her friends walked down the halls over Canterlot High, dodging around the students milling around before next class started. “I could really use something to unwind, what with all this trying to figure out how magic’s working around here, not to mention the Friendship Games starting the day after tomorrow.”

“Well, we did save Canterlot High, again, from dark magic,” Rainbow Dash said, smirking as she held her guitar. “A little reward here and there isn’t too much to be expected.”

“Really, Rainbow?” Applejack asked, giving a displeased look. “Ya’ll better not try milkin’ that like ya did before, like when we beat Sunset.”

Dash rolled her eyes as they entered the music room. “Yeah, yeah, AJ. I was only joking around.”

“Uh-huh,” the farm girl answered, not convinced.

“Come on, girls!” Pinkie cheered, rushing towards her drums, and twirling the sticks in her hands. “Let’s rock it!”

Sunset nodded and they all got into position, waiting for Sunset to start them off. However, Sunset hesitated.

She frowned, glancing around the room. Ever since Twilight had first visited CHS and defeated her, she’d been able to sense magic, like that the girls possessed that let them Pony Up whenever they played their music, which she could now do when playing music, too, of course and that Dash had somehow done yesterday at the pep rally.

However, it had also been what made her feel off about The Dazzlings when she’d first met them. She hadn’t realized it at the time, but, being a unicorn from Equestria in this world and having been exposed to the Elements of Harmony, she had been sensing the magic within them, it being much stronger surface wise than that of the girls, because The Dazzlings had come from Equestria, like she did.

Her pause was because she could faintly sense magic and not from her or her friends, nor did it feel like Princess Twilight's magic either. It was very faint though.

“Uh, Sunset?” Applejack cocked an eye at the yellow-skinned girl. “Somethin’ up?”

“I don’t know,” Sunset shook her head, her eyes still scanning the room. “I... you’ll probably think I’m crazy, but... I think I’m sensing magic.”

“Well, since we are all getting ready to play, that isn’t much of a surprise, darling,” Rarity said, tapping a few of the keys on her keytar.

Sunset shook her head again. “No, it’s not any of our magic I’m sensing.”

The girls all glanced at each other. “Uh, what are you talking about?” Rainbow asked uncertainly.

“The only ones we know with magic are us and Twilight,” Fluttershy said, before hiding behind her long pink hair. “Unless you count the Sirens, expect that we sort of took away their magic, didn’t we?”

Sunset blinked, before her eyes narrowed. That’s why the magic felt off. It seemed vaguely like The Dazzlings’ magic.

Putting her guitar down slowly, her eyes fixed on one of the cupboards. That was where the magic was the strongest.

She nodded to the girls, then to the cupboard and their expressions firmed and they all started slowly playing their music. If The Dazzling were hiding, they didn’t want them knowing they’d figured out their location.

Sunset moved closer, until she was right in front of the cupboard door.

Carefully she reached out, grabbing the knobs, before yanking the cupboard open.

However, instead of seeing the three Sirens in human form crouching in wait within the cupboard, what she saw caused her mind to blank for a moment.

A little girl, maybe five-years-old, with blue-skin and white hair with wisps of blue through it. What was more odd, the little girl looked like she was wearing a jacket similar to Trixie’s, yet it was so much bigger than the girl that it covered her whole body and bunched where she’d pushed it up so her hands were free. In her hair she wore a pin that Sunset remembered Trixie always wore.

The little girl stared up at Sunset in terror.

Sunset blinked, not sure how to react.

Her hesitation seemed to be what the little girl had been waiting for, because she lunged out, tackling Sunset to the ground due to the older girl not having seen it coming.

“Sunset!” the other girls cried.

The little girl quickly squirmed off of Sunset's chest, before she bolted out of the room.

The girls all hurried over to help Sunset up, whom was still shaking her head, trying to process what had just happened.

“Who was that pipsqueak?” Dash asked as Sunset got back to her feet.

“She kinda looked like Trixie,” AJ said, scratching her head. “How would that work? Ya think she's a little cousin or sumthin'?”

“Oh, the poor dear,” Fluttershy said, glancing at the door. “She seemed so scared.”

“She’s where I felt the magic coming from,” Sunset said, turning and hurrying out the door, the girls quickly following after her.

“What do you mean, darling?” Rarity asked as they ran, dodging around students, following the path the little girl was heading in by watching the confused expressions of each student she’d passed and seeing from direction of faces growing confused where she was headed.

“I don’t know, Rarity,” Sunset said, shaking her head. “But after Vice Principal Luna asked me to try and figure out how to make sure the magic we have doesn’t show up during the Friendship Games, we can’t just ignore something odd happening, no matter how small.”


They followed the direction of the child until they reached the front, where several members of the soccer team were practicing, since they weren’t allowed on the fields due to them being prepared for the Friendship Games.

“Heads up!” Flash, who was practicing with the team, called, kicking the ball.

It missed Thunderlane, shooting passed him.

Unfortunately, the little girl had been right in the direction the ball was heading. Before she could react and everyone only had enough time to realize what was about to happen, the ball collided with the little girl’s face and she toppled backwards.

“Oh, crud!” several of the players cried, as Sunset and the others hurried over to where the girl was lying on the ground, Fluttershy and Sunset kneeling down.

The poor girl’s nose was bleeding from where the ball had impacted her face.

“Hey,” Sunset said, lifting the girl’s head and shaking her lightly. “Kid, are you okay?”

The girl’s eyes fluttered and she slowly opened them. She blinked up at Sunset for several moments, before her eyes widened and she looked down at her hands, which slid out from the long sleeves and they moved with gravity's pull.

The girl lifted a hand to her face, pulling it back to see the blood from her nose.

Tears welled in her eyes and she burst out crying, reaching forward and clutching onto Sunset. “Trixie doesn’t want to be a child!”

Everyone all stopped, their eyes widening at what they just heard.

“You know... she kinda does look like Trixie,” Soarin said, cocking an eyebrow.

“And just how could she be Trixie?” Rainbow asked, turning to him. “People don’t just randomly turn into kids overnight.”

“Says the girl who randomly Ponied Up right in front of everyone yesterday,” Thunderlane answered calmly.

Dash opened her mouth to retort, but stopped. He had her there.

“Rarity, get Principal Celestia or Vice Principal Luna and tell them to get to the infirmary,” Sunset said, standing up, holding the little girl who could very well be a somehow age regressed Trixie in her arms. “I’m taking... um, Trixie to Nurse Redheart so we can deal with these scraps and bloody nose.” When she’d fallen backward, the possibly-Trixie had scrapped herself a bit on the ground, so those would need attending to as well.

Rarity nodded and hurried inside towards Principal Celestia’s office. Meanwhile, Sunset and the other hurried towards the infirmary, wondering just what the heck was going on.

___________________________________________________________

“You said you sensed magic in the room you found Trixie hiding in, Sunset Shimmer?” Vice Principal Luna asked.

They were all in the infirmary, gathered around the bed the little girl was sitting on.

Rarity had quickly found some clothes for her to wear that fit her, a simple blue shirt, yellow skirt and blue shoes, though she had grudgingly not made something fancier at Sunset's request.

Sunset sat next to the little girl, who held onto the older girl's arm, looking sacred as she glanced around at everyone and everything. She had several bandaids on her body, including her arms, knees, elbows and even one on her right cheek.

During her treatment, she had admitted that she was indeed Trixie, though she sobbed and sniffled throughout it all

Sunset nodded, looking down at the child clutching onto her arm.

“Ya think maybe The Dazzlings left a little surprise fer us and Trixie blundered into it by accident?” Applejack asked, looking around at those gathered.

Sunset shook her head. “The magic around... um, Trixie is faint. I think it was from before they got very far, probably before they even got to you and your sister, Vice Principal Luna.”

“Hmm,” the Vice Principal said, before looking to the quivering child. “Trixie, did anything odd happen before you turned into a child?”

Trixie shook her head. “T-Trixie just had some peanut butter crackers from the vending machine, then she shrank to a five-year-old.”

Luna frowned slightly. “Which one?”

Trixie pressed herself a little more against Sunset. “Um... the one closest to the entrance. Th-they were just sitting in the open slot at the bottom. I hadn’t had any since The Dazzlings first got all of us and...”

“Maybe one of The Dazzling, you know, that Sontata girl, got those crackers and started using her magic and another one of them told her she was like a five-year-old and, because magic was being used, it effected the peanut butter crackers, so when Trixie eat them it turned her into a five-year-old?” Pinkie asked, cocking her head.

Everyone else just looked at her.

“What I say?” she asked, shrugging.

“Well... that was pretty descriptive there, Pinkie...” Applejack said, scratching her neck. “Ya’ll were guessin’?”

“What else?” the pink girt cocked an eyebrow. “Why?”

“Well, the last time you made a guess with that descriptive an answer, you guessed Twilight was a pony princess from Equestria,” Dash said, looking uncertain.

“So, you can understand our uncertainty with what you just guessed and how it pertains to little Trixie here, darling,” Rarity agreed.

“Huh,” Pinkie said, putting a finger to her mouth. “Next time I have a guess like that I gotta remember to enter the lottery.”

“Yes. Well, regardless,” Vice Principal Luna turned to Sunset and Trixie. “Sunset Shimmer. Whilst I know have already asked you to look into the magical goings on to ensure we don’t have to forfeit the Friendship Games to Crystal Prep, seeing as Trixie’s condition also seems to have been caused by magic, I’m afraid I must ask you to keep watch over her as well, until such a time as we can get Princess Twilight to assist in the matter. She might know had to revert Trixie back to her original age.”

“Well, Twilight has told me she has experience with Age Spells,” Sunset said, thinking, before looking around at the others, a thought occurring to her. “Won’t Trixie's parents notice something’s up?”

Luna shook her head, folding her arms. “Trixie lives in a flat paid for by her parents. They live on the other side of the planet, but sent Trixie to Canterlot because they wanted her to get a better education.”

Trixie sniffled. “Trixie has nowhere.”

Sunset looked down at the teary-eyed girl, then smiled, placing a hand over her shoulder. “I’ll look after her. Don’t worry.”

Luna nodded. “Very well, then. Now that that’s all settled, if you’ll excuse me, I must speak with my sister. The students of Crystal Prep will be arriving tommorow and we will both have to discus several matters with Principal Cinch and Dean Cadance, so we will have to get our affairs in order.”

As she left, Rainbow looked around at the girls. “So, how about we get back to practice, huh?”

Sunset glanced down at Trixie and nodded. She felt it better the rest of the school didn’t immediately learn about Trixie’s condition... though, technically, a fair few students had seen her running in the halls wearing her jacket. There wouldn't be any shortage of rumors.

Still, maybe once the Friendship Games were over, she could really focus on what happened to Trixie and how to get her back to normal. For now, she had to worry about the other magical problems facing her.

Sure hope I’m up to this.

Author's Note:

Phew. managed to get this out.

Now, i've only seen about half of the Friendship Games on the stream i've been watching it on today, so i don't really know too much.

However, as you can tell, this fic is based just a little before human Twilight arrives and finds eveyone dressed up in the music room.

Don't know when i'll get the next chapter of this out, as i'm not sure i'll be able to finish watching EQG 3 today, but we'll see.

Til next time, later everypony