• Published 31st Jul 2015
  • 2,517 Views, 34 Comments

Sweetie Belle Drops - Autum Breeze



Bon Bon, anxious after the Bug Bear came to Ponyville, she speaks with Celestia. What she finds out shocks her. Her clone made in case she needed replacing is still alive. Not only that but she lives in Ponyville!

  • ...
7
 34
 2,517

Chapter 2

Chapter 2

___________________________________________________________

“Alright, everypony, Ah think we can call it a night,” Fiddly Twang said, looking around at the ponies who’d been playing the music for the evening.

They all sighed with relief and started packing up their instruments.

This Gala had been even more eventful than the last one. Then again, what would you expect when Discord brings a being like The Smooze as his guest?

“Forgive me for saying, Lyra, but I noticed your playing was a little unfocused this evening,” Octavia Melody said to the unicorn next to her. “And that was even before Discord and The Smooze arrived.”

Lyra paused in putting her lyre away, glancing to Octavia, before looking back to her instrument and putting it away, locking it up. “It’s nothing.”

“Hphm,” Octavia said simply. “I find that very hard to believe, Miss Heartstrings. Ever since Cranky and Matilda’s wedding, you and Bon Bon have been acting very off.” She frowned, slightly. “Have the two of you been in a fight?”

Lyra looked to Octavia in surprise. “What? A fight? No. Well, I guess I was a little snooty with her at first at the wedding itself, but it wasn’t a big fight or anything like that?”

“Well, it can’t be small, either,” Octavia said, locking her cello in its case and making sure the straps would hold. “If it were, you both wouldn’t be acting so odd lately.”

“It’s nothing, really,” Lyra said, turning away.

A hoof on her shoulder made her glance back to see Octavia giving her a concerned look.

“Lyra, we both went to same music school and were in the same class. I can tell something is bothering you.” She gave an encouraging smile. “You can trust me.”

Lyra hesitated, looking away. She wanted to talk with somepony, see if she could bounce ideas off of them.

But she’d need to be careful. Bon Bon had trusted her with her Secret Identity. She needed to word this without letting slip her girlfriend’s big secret.

Lyra set her case down and sat on the edge of the stage. Octavia sat down next to her, still giving that encouraging smile.

“Okay,” Lyra took a deep breath. “We… we recently learned something big. Something Bon Bon didn’t even know had happened.”

Octavia nodded, indicating to continue, her expression becoming a little concerned.

Lyra waited a bit, before closing her eyes. “We… we learned… we learned Bon Bon has a daughter.”

There was a very long pause, the only sounds being the remnants of the Gala guests mingling amongst themselves and the other musicians leaving.

After what felt like hours, Octiva spoke.

“I… I must have misheard you,” she shook her head. “It… it sounded like you just said Bon Bon has a daughter.”

Lyra said nothing.

“I… well… I guess I can’t talk,” the grey mare said, rubbing her neck. “I mean, I did have that date a long while back with Bulk Biceps before I figured out which said of the fence I’m on and guess she did the same, but… when exactly could she have… done it? She must’ve been very young or…” Octavia’s eyes widen and she grabbed Lyra by the shoulders. “She wasn’t raped as a teenager, was she?”

Lyra’s eyes widened. “What?! No! No, no, no, no! Nothing like that! She… urm, how best do I word this…? Oh, I know. She donated an egg when she was a lot younger.”

Octavia leaned back, sighing with relief. “Well, thank Celestia.” She frowned, looking to Lyra. “How did you both find out about her then?”

Lyra looked away, that evening still fresh in her mind.

EVENING OF CRANKY AND MATILDA’S WEDDING

“Seriously? You’ve a daughter?!” Lyra stared with wide eyes at her marefriend, who was sitting on the couch, still looking slightly dazed.

She nodded slowly. “Back when the agency was in operation, we had a cloning program. It was in case any operative was too badly injured to continue serving or… worse. It started before I even joined. We’ve even met one of the clones.”

Lyra blinked in confusion. “Huh? Who? When?”

“Cloning unicorns from unicorns was never easy,” Bon Bon said, rubbing her neck. “Agent Blue Tempest’s, while functional, didn’t meet the proper criteria, so she was fostered out and, once he retired, he took the name Jackpot.” She rubbed her chin in thought. “Surprised nopony’s noticed the similarities, to be honest. Even her. I wonder if he’ll ever try to contact her.”

Lyra shook her head. “But… Sweetie Belle? Sweetie Belle was your clone? She’s your daughter?”

Bon Bon nodded, her head low. “I… what am I supposed to do, Lyra? Do I leave her alone, compeltley oblivious, for her own good? Put her happinies as Rarity’s sister over my own, like a mother should? Or… do I tell her the truth? That she’s my daughter?”

NOW

“My word,” Octavia said after Lyra had finished explaining, though leaving out the secret agent stuff. “I… I can see why you’ve both been so off lately. That… that is a big deal.”

Lyra nodded, looking down into her coffee.

The two were now in Pony Joe’s donut shop, at a table farthest from everypony else in the far corner.

“What do we do, Octavia?” Lyra fiddled with her coffee. “I wanna help her… but I don’t know what to do.”

Octavia thought for a few minutes, before nodding to herself. “I’d recommend speaking with Sweetie Belle’s parents first. This isn’t something one can just spring on a foal so suddenly. If it’s not handled properly, Sweetie Belle might not understand and think Bon Bon abandoned her, that she’d been unwanted.”

“But that’s not the case at all!” Lyra said defensively, standing up, both forehooves slamming on the table. “Bon Bon didn’t even know she was alive! She thought her… egg, had died in… an… accident.” Lyra backpedalled like crazy to keep from letting the cat out of the bag regarding Bon Bon’s other life.

Octavia held up her hooves in a calming gesture. “I know, I know. I understand that, Lyra. But, if Sweetie Belle learns the wrong way or from the wrong ponies, she might think it was the case, regardless of whether it was or wasn’t.”

Lyra breathed, sitting back down.

“This won’t be an easy subject to breaker, Lyra,” the grey mare continued. “My advice, as I said, is for you and Bon Bon to wait a bit, to get used to the idea. Once that’s done, contact Sweetie Belle’s parents and meet with them to discuss this first. After that, depending on what they have to say, you’ll both have to see where this goes. This is her parents’ decision, after all. Bon Bon may be her mother by blood, but those two are the ones who raised her all these years.”

Lyra nodded, looking back down to her mug. She just hoped it could go so smoothly.

___________________________________________________________

Outside Carousel Boutique, Rarity and Sweetie Belle pushed the door open, walking in, both chatting about the Gala and how crazy it had been.

From the bushes far off, Bon Bon watched them, watched her daughter, uncertainty and sadness in her eyes.

Rarity closed the door, blocking Sweetie Belle from sight.

Sighing, Bon Bon got up and started to walk away, doing her best to try ignoring the heavy feeling in her heart… or the tears dripping down her cheek.

Author's Note:

This... isn't as much as i'd originally hoped for the returning chapter.

i guess i was more drained from writing the latest chapter to Call of a Raven than i'd originally thought.

either way... i hope this makes up a little for how long this story's been in stasis.

dunno when exactly the next chapter will come out, but bare with me on that, okay?

hope it was at least okay and, til next time, later everybody

Comments ( 9 )

Now this is a nice treat remember this story and quite happy to see it's return. I still find the plot very interesting, so looking forward to seeing where it goes.

I'm just loving all the emotional drama, I certainly feel for poor Bon Bon that's fore sure. Also that little tidbit of Trixie also being a clone of a agent is interesting, and i'm curious to see if it will come up again in the future.

Oh, this will be good.

Ouch this is hitting Bon Bon hard. I hope they find a way to talk about this with her foster parents.

8049545
When is the next chapter?

6883880

9904759

What is the next chapter?

I kinda liked the idea so I'd put it in the tracking folder and then eventually forgot about it.
Obligatory "it's alive"- joke.
See you all in the next chapter in 2023 :trollestia:

Feels so forced. Why does Bon Bon feel this way? Did she always see the clone as a daughter? Was the HQ attack some traumatic event that left her feeling like part of her was killed? All this drama and no buildup; drama that Sweetie might not care to deal with.


Edit; i know that opinion is unliked but it is valid. There has been no explanation, no buildup just a time skip. No one, but you the author, knows what happened between chapter 1 and 2 to arrive at 2. No idea what they thought to arrive at the conclusions they are working with.

Really interesting story 🙂

Hope you will pick it up again sometime 🙂

Login or register to comment