• Published 27th Jul 2015
  • 5,801 Views, 595 Comments

The Many Clones Of Twilight Sparkle - naturalbornderpy



Twilight Sparkle has made a number of homemade clones to act as her while out with her friends. If only she weren't so absolutely terrible at making clones.

  • ...
21
 595
 5,801

Epilogue Sparkle

The music from the organ echoed loudly off the castle walls. All eyes in the room were on the numerous pairs of ponies standing in a long row at the front of the room. Princess Celestia, still bound to a wheelchair and sporting more rolls than a bakery, was sluggishly shoved to the podium where she was able to look upon the happy couples before her.

“We are gathered here today to witness the union of several couples…” she began cheerfully.

In the long row of eager couples stood Twilight Sparkle and Derpy Hooves, Applejack and Apple Sparkle, Fluttershy and Trevor Sparkle, Rainbow Dash and Speedy Sparkle, Discord and Discord Sparkle (both wearing matching suit-dresses), Luna and Luna Sparkle, Spike and Vacation Sparkle, Bacon Sparkle and Eggs Sparkle, Shampoo Sparkle and Conditioner Sparkle, Peanut Butter Sparkle and Jam Sparkle, Sparkle Sparkle and her latest edition of “Hairy Plotter and the Search for the Perfect Cup of Coffee”, alongside another exhaustive list of partners that complimented each other nicely.

“Do all one hundred and four of you say ‘I do’?” Celestia asked.

They did.

“And do the other one hundred and four say the same?”

The other half did too.

“Then I now pronounce you pony and clone and book and whatever else may have snuck in while I wasn’t looking. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go eat some ice cream because honestly this whole thing is beyond creepy. Good bye!”

Rarity’s eyes watered, watching the scene unfold from the stands.

Pinkie Pie looked over to her. “Awe! Don’t cry, Rarity. Wedding’s are supposed to be happy fun times, remember?”

“Tears of happiness, Pinkie, nothing more. Times fifty, I guess.”

For a moment, Pinkie Pie stopped bouncing by her side. “Umm… I know you don’t really like talking about it, Rarity, but… what exactly happened to us?”

Rarity turned to her. “Whatever do you mean, darling?”

“I mean, we were a couple for a while, but not really a couple. Only pretending to be one.”

“And what else?” she asked. “We were trying to stop all those clones from interfering with our lives, simple as that. But now that the clone war is over….”

Pinkie frowned. “That means you don’t want be my marefriend anymore?”

“I….” Rarity paused. “I thought you were only pretending, Pinkie. You mean… you actually want us to be a couple?”

“Only if you want to be, I mean. I’m not asking you to marry me or anything like that, but even just pretending to be close to you… I found I really liked it. A lot. Didn’t you, even a little bit?”

Rarity blushed. “I… did. Of course I did. Maybe it’s only a matter of looking at you in a different light—not pretending to be involved, but actually committing to something. I’m not saying you and I will work out in the long term, but…”

“So you’re saying you’ll still be my marefriend and we can snuggle and kiss and watch movies and all that other stuff we were doing before!?” Pinkie started bouncing again.

Rarity smiled. “Sure, Pinkie. All of that. Can’t hurt to try, can it?”

Pinkie Pie wrapped her up in a hug.

Twilight came to greet them. “Am I missing something here?”

“You’ve missed a lot, Twilight,” Rarity admitted. “But I won’t hold that against you. Come up with a solution to all the clones yet? I know all of Nega’s creations were sucked back to Tartarus when she was destroyed—rather convenient, if you ask me—but that still leaves hundreds of clones with no place to call home.”

Twilight nodded. “I’ve been talking with Celestia, and we’ve decided on building a small town outside Ponyville for them—Cloneville, with shops and grocery stores and even a Clone High for anyone that wants to attend. Not saying that clones have to live there, but at least it’s an option for them.”

“Sounds like you have everything well under control,” Rarity told her brightly. “I think that about wraps things up, don’t you?”

Wait! Wait for me!

Someone was yelling outside the castle, so Twilight and Rarity trotted to the windows to get a glimpse. Running full-tilt towards the building was a mare dressed in a skintight red-and-black costume with a pair of swords swung around their back. The mask they wore had black circles around their wholly white eyes.

“Who could that be?” Twilight mused.

Rarity shrugged. “I dunno. Not anyone on the guest list.”

The running clone screamed again. “Wait! I have a scene all planned out! It’s gonna be awesome! Don’t cut to the Author’s Notes yet! Don’t you even think about it!

Rarity turned to Pinkie Pie. “You have any idea what she’s talking about?”

Pinkie nodded. “I’m afraid I do. It means things are about to—”

END

Author's Note:

So that was sure a thing, wasn't it?

Whether you liked the darker direction towards the end or the ending itself, I will say it's been an interesting little trip. What started as a dumb little one-shot soon became a dumb novel worth of dumb. But also an interesting experiment.

As I told someone in the comments, this is about as freethinking as you can get. After each chapter, I'd look over the comments, see if I could use any new clones to help push the story along and if I had three or four new parts, I wrote it out and started anew. As should be evident, I had very little idea how this would turn out in the end. Which was kind of the point.

I knew early on that Sexy would be the mastermind, but I had no idea Dark Sparkle was going to be Twilight until someone mentioned in the comments and I thought, "Why not?" Which has basically been the overall motto of the story.

If I never got around to your clone ideas, I apologize. I was willing to use clone ideas as long as they could push the story onward and didn't stick out like horrible cameos (ie. Gandalf Sparkle near the end). And if I didn't know your suggestion all that well (Deadpool, One Punch Man, the dozens of anime suggestions), I wasn't going to pop them into the story only to replicate them poorly. I don't think that would've been fun for anyone.

Still, reading the suggestions was a blast and a lot of fun. Thanks for all the comments and suggestions and for reaching the end. It had to end with a wedding, didn't it?

Now onto something far, far, far, far, far, far less stupid. :facehoof: Fingers crossed.

Comments ( 69 )

Dark? Wherever did it get dark?

This has to be one of the strangest stories I have ever read. It puts many other crackfics I have read to shame.

I honestly don't know what to say. Like, that's a thing.

Yep, can confirm. That was a thing. A... good thing? A thing-y thing?

Heck if I know. Was certainly worth reading.

Hello? Is anypony here? It's dark, and I hear wolves.

Final grade: C+. That was indeed a thing. For a crack fic it was about twice as long as the humor could actually support, and all my other criticisms come to the same basic point. It was just too big. Too many chapters, too many characters, not enough plot to build it all on. It's just one big incoherent mess with funny gems scattered throughout.

Funny. Enjoyable. Strange. Bout sums it up.

Well. This was fun. Derplight. Never would've thought.

The real question is, ignoring magical lesbian impregnation magic, how many of those couples can actually reproduce?

Discord and Discord Sparkle is a maybe. Fluttershy and Trevor Sparkle is a probably, and oh boy is Twilight going to feel awkward every time she talks to Fluttershy, knowing Fluts is getting fucked by her male clone.

So that was... a thing. An odd, but certainly enjoyable crackfic. It had some good laughs throughout.

The Raripie ship unconventional and likely done to spite me :derpytongue2: but it worked and kept things from being repetitive. The Derplight ship at the end, now that was just out of left field. Given what you said about the origins of Accident Sparkle and Sexy, okay I can see it working. Still, seeing them in the actual final lineup with the rest was a bit of a surprise, figured they'd be on the sidelines with Rarity and Pinkie. We never got to really see them and how their relationship works, unlike the rest and their respective Sparkles.

In the end, a good piece (and there have certainly been worse) for not having any clear direction at the start and making it up as it went along. Look forward to whatever comes next :twilightsmile:

Well that was a thing. Talk about having the audience move the plot eh? Funny stuff though and it managed to be interesting or funny all the way.

*Shoves Plot Hole Sparkle in a trunk*

Good work man. Twas a wild ride.

6657982 only of the highest Quality printing from a Cheap inkjet printer XD

6659791 Too far, Seether00 Much too far.

While enjoying the chapter, I imagined Two-headed Sparkle marrying Twinzies Sparkle. A clone with the annoying identical twins stereotypes.

6660638 Thank you! :twilightsmile: I'll make sure never to do something like this again.

6660047 Thanks for reading along... as weird as things got. :applejackconfused: At least it's over, right? I liked Accident Prone, so I included her in the finale. Yes, she could've received a few more scenes, maybe a love interest. Too late! :fluttercry:

6659980 Yeah. You called quite a bit of stuff. Want a co-writer credit? :trollestia: I think Twilight's mind will be ruined from here on out. Every night, she just knows one of her clones is doing something with someone else. She'd like to get rid of them all, but it's sadly too similar to murder. :twilightangry2:

6659971 Thank you! :pinkiehappy:

6659961 Three word review. Fits well.

6659923 There was a plot somewhere in there? :rainbowwild: Yep. Can't disagree with what you said. Probably should've remained a one-shot, but I never seem to learn. At least it's done and I can move on to other things. Like "Many Clones Two: The Search for More Money". Follows the offspring of all the clones as they do something or whatever. I'll figure it out as I go. That worked well here, didn't it? :facehoof:

6659906 What are you doing here? You're supposed to be above stories like these. Stop wasting your time on this filth and go write some more brilliance. If that's okay with you... :fluttercry:

6659901 Oh, the power of my mind when I just don't care. I should be more worried about that than I am.

"Many Clones" -- "... it sure was a thing, and not not a thing." 68% Rotten Tomatoes.

Thanks for seeing it through! :yay:

6659809 When Nega popped up, a lot of dislikes arrived soon after. You might not have noticed as you've read a lot of my stuff. Maybe you're just used to me by now. :rainbowhuh: Not a good thing, mind you.

6659791 You shut your mouth! :ajbemused:

6659747 I concur. :pinkiecrazy:

In the long row of eager couples stood Twilight Sparkle and Derpy Hooves, Applejack and Apple Sparkle, Fluttershy and Trevor Sparkle, Rainbow Dash and Speedy Sparkle, Discord and Discord Sparkle (both wearing matching suit-dresses), Luna and Luna Sparkle, Spike and Vacation Sparkle, Bacon Sparkle and Eggs Sparkle, Shampoo Sparkle and Conditioner Sparkle, Peanut Butter Sparkle and Jam Sparkle, Sparkle Sparkle and her latest edition of “Hairy Plotter and the Search for the Perfect Cup of Coffee”, alongside another exhaustive list of partners that complimented each other nicely.

That's a lot of marriages...

“Then I now pronounce you pony and clone and book and whatever else may have snuck in while I wasn’t looking. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m going to go eat some ice cream because honestly this whole thing is beyond creepy. Good bye!”

I agree. Let's eat ice cream and then take me to Cuddle Sparkle, Snuggle Sparkle, and Sexy Sparkle.

6659791 Easy there man! That's kinda offensive!

6661229 This is my first fiction by you.

6661573 Oh, yes. My mistake. Besides "Sombra the Highly Unmotivated" and "The Crusader King", this is indeed your first fiction of mine. I can't tell if you were being sarcastic. Hopefully. :trixieshiftright:

6661604 In my defense, I am highly forgetful. Very. My psychiatrist always yells at me.

Want to have a conversation via PM?

6659923 That's kinda the point he was basically taking requests throughout for characters readers wanted to see.

That certainly was a thing that happened. Luckily it was a very fun thing!

6662026 Thank you! This is about as dumb as I get. Promise. :facehoof:

Discord and Discord Sparkle (both wearing matching suit-dresses), Luna and Luna Sparkle, Spike and Vacation Sparkle, Bacon Sparkle and Eggs Sparkle, Shampoo Sparkle and Conditioner Sparkle, Peanut Butter Sparkle and Jam Sparkle

So, you know, I'm kind wondering: does that technically speaking make it incest, or masturbation?

Also, by the way, I am glad Sexy Sparkle survived. I honestly liked the character. Something about characters who are unabashedly perverted like that just tickles me in a positive, funny way. That was a happy ending. (hyeh hyeh hyeh)

6662751 It should come as little surprise that Sexy was my favorite character. She was disgusting, yet likable, yet ruthless in her pursuit of the one thing that would fill the giant void in her life. Hueh, hueh, hueh. And as long as she got what she wanted, she was nice... ish. :twilightblush:

Honestly, I expected more comments saying she'd be back before the end. I thought it was obvious! :twilightoops:

6662869
I wouldn't say disgusting, just sort of skeevy. Then again I'm the kind of guy who doesn't actually think "slut" is an insult, so my perspective on that may be a bit unusual.

And, well, with the way you write stories, likable main characters suddenly biting it in sudden and jarring ways is probably just kind of something people expect from you by now. I was honestly kind of surprised to see her come back, although the (intentionally cliché, I assume) plot twist really is kind of obvious in hindsight.

Also, I'm gonna get you one day for that "giant void" pun, mark my words.

6663685 That's "Godspeed! You Black Emperor". An instrumental band from Canada that basically makes music that sounds like what panic attacks must feel like. They're most known for adding a track to the film "28 Days Later" when Jim is wandering the empty streets of London near the beginning. "East Hastings" is the track.

It's... an acquired taste, to say the least. :applejackconfused:

"a mare dressed in a skintight red-and-black costume with a pair of swords swung around their back. The mask they wore had black circles around their wholly white eyes."

So...who is she? Does she is a reference to something I don't know?

6665487 Deadpool. One of the more requested clones that I had little idea of how to handle. So there she is... at the very, very end. :facehoof:

6665589

Oh...oh...ok...I guess...how could i forget him...must be because I'm Asia. =w="

Well, since no good deed goes un-pun-ished...
Have you considered that by making clones of Twilight Sparkle, that instead of making a 'Natural born Derpy', you have instead an 'Artificial made Genius' ? :raritywink:

If your gonna do a sequel or something to this, I wanna see Canine Sparkle. That would be lovely

Great, this got the ending Too Many Pinkie Pies should have gotten. I love Clone High, maybe they should add in some clones of famous historical figures to attend there?

Now onto something far, far, far, far, far, far less stupid. :facehoof: Fingers crossed.

Whatever you say, Doc.

6668316 Oh, I'll show you! :twilightangry2: "Pinkie Pie's Super Dumb Time Adventures" will sit along "Past Sins" as MLP dramatic gold!

6666867 Someone would need to pay me a million dollars to do a sequel to this. Or at least pay off my mortgage. :moustache:

6661229 Honestly, I should be giving you a cowriter credit on some of my future stuff. I have a story that I want to do two sequels to, with the second sequel taking several centuries after the first. Originally, I was going to write the far-future sequel first and tantalise the readers with hints of what happens in the first sequel. Then I decided I was going to do the first sequel, if only because I don't want to be restricted in my killing off characters by the dozen in gory plot-twists just because one of them is supposed to survive according to far-future canon.

Gee, killing off beloved characters, I wonder who that reminds me of. No, not George R.R. Martin :trollestia:

I am inspired by how long you managed to run with this idea while still keeping it really funny and entertaining. The wonders of crackfic.

6692529 Thank you! :pinkiehappy: I guess.

Unlike most, I never really thought of it as a crack fic. Not even once. Sure, it's beyond dumb, but that doesn't mean I took it any less seriously than anything else I've written. So I guess that would make it... "seriously dumb" literature. :facehoof:

It feels weird to say this, but I wish this story had less story. Normally I love this sort of thing, but I was actually enjoying the in-depth look at random aspected Twilight clones. The tone change was also a bit of a sucker pinch, as the story info gave no indication things would get this serious (likely as an artifact of the story only having very loose guidelines).

6754384 Did you try it or something?

6754491 Spittake over the theory or the Twist-burn?

6754498 Even just reading it in my head makes me laugh. Always in a loud child's voice, though.

6754521 the twist burn, I was laughing that hard at it...

Clone High

:trixieshiftright: was that a show reference, or just a coincidence?

6759929 I still really like that joke. It's just so dumb. So dumb. :facehoof:

6769232 I'm just happy it ended at all... :applejackconfused:

Now that was a entertaining ride!

6782204 Thank you! :pinkiehappy: You... read a lot, don't you? Anything of mine you haven't read yet? And if so... what the hell, dude? :flutterrage:

6783532 I read a book a day. And your storys are entertaining. Give me a bit, I will finish up all your storys eventually...

Login or register to comment