• Published 5th Oct 2014
  • 28,986 Views, 2,465 Comments

Get Him! - TJHoofer



A human named Alex suddenly finds himself in Equestria, without knowing how or why. The only thing he does know, is that everypony wants to get him.

  • ...
190
 2,465
 28,986

Bonus Ending

Chapter 17: The Winner is..?



POFF!

There was an intense silence in the air. The dust slowly began to settle as the shadowy image of a pony pileup became visible. All the other ponies moaned and groaned as they rubbed their head trying to shake away the dizziness. Twilight, Celestia and Luna stared with their mouths wide agape at the incredible sight, with their horns still lit.

Somewhere beneath that pile of ponies was Alex, the weight of all of them having knocked the wind out him. Unsure of which of them had their magic locked on Alex, the two monarchs and Twilight simultaneously lifted Alex off the ground, pushing away the ponies above him. As soon as he was in view, everyone’s eyes widened with more surprise and disbelief.

“P- Pinkie?” Twilight was confused. Even the sisters were confused. Instead having Alex in their magic, they had Pinkie.

“Hi again Twilight!” Pinkie giggled before being suddenly dropped to the ground with a thump.

“But... where is he??!?” Twilight immediately raced over past a recovering Pinkie towards her friends, who were now stirring and slowly getting back up.
“Does anypony have Alex?”

Everypony glanced at eachother. “Uh... Nope.” answered Applejack as she rubbed her head. “Ah haven't caught 'im.”

“Me neither.” said Rarity.

“Or me.” said Fluttershy weakly.

“Wait!” Scootaloo shouted, earning everypony's attention. She and the Crusaders were blindly holding on to something. “He's here! We caught him!”

“You caught ME, pipsqueak..!” Rainbow grumbled. The Crusaders eventually opened their eyes and realized their mistake.

“Whoops..!” Scootaloo blushed as she and her friends let go. “Sorry Rainbow Dash... Squee!” Rainbow, getting back up, merely let out an annoyed snort.

“What manner of magic is this!” asked Luna bewildered. “Sister?”

“How curious...” Celestia rubbed her chin. “I wonder...”

Twilight scratched her head while looking around. “This is really weird. Where did he go..?”


******

Elsewhere...

POFF!

'THIS IS IT!!!'

Appearing out of a cloud of smoke, Alex blindly ran for his life, trying to escape the ponies behind him. He knew that at any moment he would be tackled to ground.

'THIS IS IT! THIS IS IT! TH- Huh?' He then suddenly realized that none of the ponies had tackled him yet. He opened his eyes and shot a quick glimpse back. He discovered to his surprise that they were all gone.
Screeching to a halt, he turned around and looked dumbfounded back the direction he came. To add more to his confusion, the open field had suddenly changed back into a forest again. Not to mention it looked slightly more different now. “What? Where am I? And where are- OOF!!”

Alex suddenly got the wind knocked out of him as something or someone tackled him to the ground from behind. They both rolled around on the grass before finally coming to a stop. Alex, dizzily trying to figure out what just happened, felt himself behind pulled up and placed in a hug. While his vision was momentarily in a state of blur, he could just make out the shape of a pony hugging him.

“I GOT HIM! I GOT HIM!!!”

The pony's voice apparently was female (not much to his surprise), except it didn't sound familiar to him at all. This was a new pony all together. His vision slowly beginning to clear, he noticed the color of her coat. It was...

*****

“I GOT HIM! I FINALLY GOT HIM!” yelled the mint-green colored unicorn happily as she hugged and squeezed Alex. “BON BON! HURRY UP!”

“I'm coming! Pant! I'm coming! Sheesh!” A vanilla creamed earth-pony mare with blue and pink highlights jumped out from some bushes nearby and cantered towards Alex and this new pony. “Seriously Lyra, couldn't you have waited? I could barely keep up with you!”

“DO YOU HAVE IT? DO YOU HAVE IT?!! DO YOU? DO YOU?!

Bon Bon rolled her eyes. “Yes Lyra, I have it here. But-”

Lyra quickly held out her hoof. “GIVEGIVEGIVEGIVEGIVE-GIVE!!!

Bon Bon quickly rummaged through her saddlebag and pulled something out. Before she could say anything else, Lyra quickly snagged it from her hoof.

“Finally!”

'Thank you Bon Bon!' 'You're welcome Lyra...' a rather unappreciated Bon Bon silently grumbled to herself.

Hng..!” Alex rubbed his head. “What just happened?” He suddenly felt something attach to his right ear. “Huh?”

“There! Now for my piece-”

FLASH!

There was a bright flash of light as 11 familiar ponies suddenly appeared out thin air.

“This is the place...” said Celestia as she dimmed her horn. “This is where Alex disappeared to. Now where's... Huh?” Celestia, her sister, Twilight and all the ponies quickly spotted Alex and the two other ponies.

“Hey!” yelled Twilight. “What are you doing to Alex? What's going on here?”

“Hey... Isn't that Lyra?” asked Applejack. “Lyra Heartstrings?”

“And Sweetie Drops?” asked Rarity. “What are they doing here?”

“Actually, she prefers to be called 'Bon Bon'.” Pinkie corrected Rarity. “Hey Bon Bon! What'cha doin'?”

“Um...” Bon Bon bit her lip. She was nearly rendered speechless by the sudden arrival of Pinkie and all those ponies. She never expected there would be so many. Not even the princesses themselves! “Lyra... I think we're in trouble...”

Ignoring Bon Bon, Lyra quickly finished attaching the earring to her ear.“There!” She then grabbed Alex's hand. “Hands! Here I come!”

“Stop!” yelled Twilight as she rushed over to intervene. She could sense the build-up of something magical about to happen and it was originating from both Lyra and Alex. “What are you doing?”

Alex felt a new and stranger tingling sensation. “What happening..? Who are y-?”

FLASH!

There was suddenly a bright, blinding flash of light which engulfed both Lyra and Alex. It was so intense that it made everypony quickly cover their eyes. It was like staring into the sun itself. Fortunately, it lasted only a few seconds. Once the light finally died down, everypony opened their eyes and were all utterly stunned by the sight in front of them.

“Did... Did it work?” asked Lyra as she opened her eyes. She looked around and noticed that all the ponies were now silently gawking at her. She turned to Bon Bon, who looked just as stunned as the rest. “Bon Bon? What is it? Did it work?”

“I...” Bon Bon struggled. “I'm not sure how to...”

Lyra now started to get worried. “A mirror! Quick! Give me a mirror!”

Bon Bon did nothing as she was still too shocked to move. Lyra impatiently reached for Bon Bon's saddlebag and emptied it. After rummaging through her stuff, she managed to find a small mirror, picked it up and held it in front of her. Lyra gasped.


“Is... Is that..?” Lyra stuttered in disbelief as she beheld the new face in the mirror. She lifted her hoof to touch it, only to discover that her hoof was no longer a hoof.
“A hand... Bon Bon. I've got a hand.” She counted the fingers. “One... Two... Three, four, five... Five fingers...” She then lifted her other hoof, discovering it too was a hand. “TEN fingers! TWO hands! Bon Bon! I've got two hands! I'm... I'm...” Lyra got up and, for the first time in her life, stood upright on her hind legs with no difficulty. She looked herself over, noticing that she was now wearing blue jeans on her legs and a yellow shirt with a dark green jacket. “I'M HUMAN!!!

With a loud cheer, Lyra leaped high into the air with overwhelming joy. “I'M HUMAN! HUUUMAAAN! YES!!!

CLANG!

The Mane Six, the Crusaders and the Royal Sisters' jaws dropped simultaneously. What in Equestria had happened? Both Lyra and Alex had completely vanished before their eyes, only for this new human being to suddenly emerge. What made this one stand out from Alex was the fact that she was female. She also had light, mint green skin and a hairstyle curiously similar to Lyra's.
Desperately wanting an explanation, Twilight shook away her dumfounded expression and quickly trotted over to Bon Bon.

“Bon Bon?”

Finally snapping out of her own shock, Bon Bon turned around and noticed Twilight. “Oh! Hey Twilight...” she blushed. “I'm so sorry! I didn't know the princesses would be involved! But Lyra was... I mean she-”

“Bon Bon... What just happened? Where's Alex?”

“Well...” Bon Bon nervously bit her lower lips. “It's like this. We...”

“Are those the Ponytara earrings?” asked Celestia suddenly as she approached from behind Twilight.

“Your Highness!” Bon Bon trembled and quickly bowed down. “Forgive us! I tried to talk her out of it. But she wouldn't listen...”

“Ponytara earrings?” interrupted Twilight confused, before realization hit her. “Wait... Ponytara earrin- Gasp! Not THE Ponytara earrings?”

“The same...” answered Celestia with a sigh. “Artifacts I assumed was lost forever. They are magical earrings crafted centuries ago by Starswirl himself. Their function was to merge two ponies into one.”

“Merge two ponies... into one..?” Twilight blinked before suddenly realizing. “But then... That means that Alex has...”

“...Merged with Lyra...” Celestia finished and facehoofed while Lyra was doing a victory dance.

“I'm human~! I'm human~! Oh Yeah~! Go Lyra~! Go Lyra~!”

“Where did you come by such earrings?” Celestia demanded with a slightly serious tone.

Bon Bon gulped. “We... We stole-.”

BORROWED!” Lyra said suddenly as she jumped on Bon Bon's back, doing a 'quotation' sign with her hands. “We 'borrowed' the earrings from some traveling showpony your Highness.”

“Traveling showpony?” asked Twilight, curiously cocking an eyebrow.

“Yeah. Somepony named... What was it now Bon Bon? The Great and Powerful Dixie?”

“Actually Lyra, it was the Great and Powerful Tr-”

“Whatever, she just went on and on about 'great' this and 'powerful' that. She even showed us a bunch of really cool ancient stuff in her wagon, including these earrings.” She tilted her head and showed them all the earrings. They were gold chains with pearl-like orbs hanging from them.
“She said something about using them on some 'unicorn upstart' who humiliated her again for some reason. She explained their function and I knew from that moment I just had to have them. So we borrowed them while she wasn't looking. Squee!

“I see...” Twilight couldn't shake the feeling that Lyra had unintentionally done her a favor. 'I thought we made up that last time...'
As much as she wanted to know more about this 'showpony', she decided to change the subject. “How did you bring Alex here? I thought only I mastered the Teleportation Spell in Ponyville.”

Lyra smiled as she rested her arms on Bon Bon's head (much to Bon Bon's annoyance...) “You can thank Zecora for that one.”

“Zecora?”

“Yeah. Shortly after we got the earrings, Zecora found us. We learned from her of Alex's Posion Joke predicament, and we also learned that the cure she had given you was mixed with a 'Search and Retrieve' potion. Once you had given it to him, she would only need say a few magic words and then Alex would appear next to her.”

'Zecora wanted to get Alex too?' Twilight couldn't believe her own ears. Out of everypony, Zecora seemed to be the most reasonable.
Twilight then seemed to remember that she didn't give Alex the cure as he cured himself at the Spa. The one she got from Zecora was accidentally spilled on the ground and rendered useless...

Except... She used it on Alex's shoe...

“She told us she only needed a unicorn's magic to make the spell work and asked me if I wanted to help since I was the first one she happened to come across.” Lyra continued. “And of course, I was MORE than willing to help...” she laughed. Her laughter seemed to have rather sinister tone which made everypony slightly worried.

“Lyra... What did you do?” asked Fluttershy concerned.

“What did I do..?” Lyra giggled. “Bonnie? Tell her what I did after she told me how to retrieve Alex.”

Bon Bon sighed. “You jumped her and tied her up...”

“That I did!” Lyra smiled. Everypony just stared at her. “Don't worry. She's fine. I even left her an 'apology note'.”

'Somehow I doubt that will soothe things over...' Twilight facehoofed.

“Anyway, all I needed to do was say a rhyme, concentrate very hard and then summon Alex. It was really easy.”

“Easy? It took you a whole HOUR just to say it right!” said Bon Bon.

Once that little mystery was cleared up, Twilight now had another question. “So... You and Alex are merged?”

“Eeyup!” answered a smug-looking Lyra as she rubbed and blew on her fingers while admiring them.

“Forever?”

“Forever?” Lyra exclaimed. “Pfft! I wish! No, this isn't permanent. The merging is undone if I remove these earrings. Of course...” she laughed. “...it's not like I'm going to let that happen-”

“You mean like this?” Pinkie suddenly appeared behind Lyra and reached for the earrings.

“What? Hey wait! Don't-”

FLASH!

In a bright flash of light, Lyra and Alex separated right on top of Bon Bon, falling off on each their side. Alex lay on the ground nearly unconscious and moaned while his eyes were twirling. Lyra did the same but shook it off more quickly. She then eyed Pinkie and gasped.

“NO!!! Give those back!” She yelled, glaring at Pinkie as she playfully examined the earrings.

“Ooh~! Shiny...”

“Why you..!” In a sudden rage, Lyra got right up and tried to tackle her, only to hit the ground as Pinkie dodged her the moment she dived towards her. “Oof!”

Alex, finally having recovered, slowly sat up while still looking rather confused. “Wha..? What just happened?” Suddenly, Pinkie appeared beside him and attached the earring back on his right ear. “Huh?”

“Let me try!” She then attached the other one on her left ear and everything around them glowed. “Was it like this..?”

“Hey! What are you...?”

FLASH!

As the light faded, the ponies were meet with a new surprise. Another human girl had appeared wearing Alex's clothes. Except she had light pink skin with dark pink cotton candy hair.

“Ooh~! WOW! Look at me! Look at me!”

Twilight was completely stunned. “Pinkie..?”

“Lookie lookie Twilight! Now I'M a human! Neat huh?”

“Give those earrings and that body back right now!” Lyra yelled angrily as she charged at Pinkie again. Pinkie saw her coming and just playfully skipped away giggling. The ponies watched as Lyra chased Pinkie around them in a circle, trying to grab her.

Pinkie had no trouble avoiding Lyra and tricked her into leaping head first into a bush. She then twirled and skipped away like some ballerina back towards her friends.
Giggle-Snort! This is fun! What else can these things do?” Pinkie reached for the earrings and her human form quickly disappeared in a bright flash of light.

FLASH!

Back in her pony form, Pinkie continued to skip towards her friends, while Alex again was on the ground. Confused beyond belief, he slowly got back up. “Seriously, what's going on?!!” he yelled, while feeling his chest for some reason.

“Hey Rainbow Dash! You've gotta try these!” Pinkie bounced over to Rainbow and attached an earring to her right ear.

“Hey wait a minute! What are you-?”

Pinkie suddenly made a dancing motion. “FUUUUUUUU-SION! HA!”

FLASH!

In another bright flash of light, the two ponies were suddenly merged together. Once the light faded, everyone was stunned to see a white, yellow-haired pegasus with a goofy grin. “Well... Giggle-snort! This is a surprise!”

Applejack approached them- err... her. “Is that you Pinkie?” She cocked an eyebrow. “Or is it Rainbow Dash..?”

“It's Pinkie alright.” Pinkie laughed. “Although... I'm sure Rainbow is in here somewhere. I think...”

“Um... Princess?” asked Twilight as she turned towards Celestia. “How do these earrings work exactly?”

Celestia sighed. “The earring worn on a pony's right ear serves as the required vessel, while the one worn on a pony's left ear is the dominant force that controls the former.”

“In other words...” Twilight speculated. “If Rainbow had worn the earring on the left and Pinkie on the right..?”

“Then Rainbow would've become the fastest party planner in all of Equestria.” Celestia finished as Pinkie finally noticed her new accessories.

“WOW! Wings! Lookie! I've got wings! I'm a pegasus! This really is a SURPRISE!” Pinkie crouched down, spread her wings and shot straight into the air. “WEEEE~! IM FLYING! THIS IS THE GREATEST THING EVER!!!

“NO! COME BACK HERE!” yelled Lyra as she tried to grab her, only to miss her by a tail. “You have no idea how long I've been waiting for this!”

“Lyra?”

“Being a human was MY dream!” she wailed. “You don't know how much I've dreamed to have hands!”

Twilight blinked. “She dreams of being a human?”

“Trust me Twilight,...” Bon Bon added with a tired look. “...she does. I keep hearing it all the time...”

“Why?”

“I ask myself that question all the time...” she sighed.

The real question Twilight should have asked was how Lyra knew about humans in the first place.

Everypony (except for Lyra) patiently watched as Pinkie flew around, doing all sorts of aerial acrobatics that seemed too outlandish even for Rainbow Dash. Even Alex watched and still didn't fully understand what was going on.
After a while, Pinkie finally descended. Once back on the ground, she removed the earrings and the two ponies separated.

Rainbow groaned as she lay dizzily on the ground, her pupils twirling. “Woah... THAT felt weird...”

“This is so much FUN!” Pinkie laughed as she playfully bounced up and down. “These earrings are just perfect for parties!” She then stopped bouncing and had a thought. “Hmmm... I wonder... What if I...” She suddenly zipped over towards Alex, this time placing an earring on his left ear while attaching the other to her right. “What happens if we do this..?”

“Hey! Get off!”

“FUSION-HA!”

FLASH!

As the light faded, the ponies were met with another surprise.

“What? What are you all staring at?” Alex asked concerned. While he felt fine, he couldn't shake the feeling that something was terribly wrong with him. He lifted his arm to scratch his head, only to realize that his arm wasn't an arm anymore. It was a hoof! “What in the-” He felt his face and realized that he had somehow become a pony! “AH!!! I'm a PONY!” He started to freak out and frantically kicked the air with his hind legs.
“CHANGE ME BACK! CHANGE ME BACK RIGHT NOW!!!” As he jumped and flailed around, random explosions of confetti suddenly went off seemingly out of nowhere.

KA-BOOM! TUUT~! KA-BOOM! TUUT~!

“GAH! WHAT WAS THAT?!?”

Everypony were utterly stupefied by the sudden rain of confetti. “What in tha Hay..?”

Rainbow Dash, having rejoined her friends, beheld the sight and couldn't contain herself. “Bahahaha! Look at him! He's become a riot! A PARTY RIOT!”

“Okay! Enough of this...” Twilight sighed as she brushed off some confetti from her snout. “Now now! Hold still! Let me just...” She used her magic to quickly remove the earrings. “There!”

FLASH!

Alex sat up, opened his eyes and discovered to his great relief that he was back to his old self. “Phew! Thank goodness...”

“Awww...” lamented Pinkie as she lay next to him.

“Are you alright Alex?” asked Twilight.

“Yes... I am. But can someone please tell me... WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON?!!

Before Twilight could answer, Lyra had seized the opportunity and grabbed the earrings while nopony was looking.

“I'll take those! Yoink!”

“Hey!”

Lyra quickly trotted over to Alex. “Now, before anything else happens, lets wrap this up!” She was about to put the earring on his ear when Alex quickly covered them. “Come on! Let's do this already!”

“Wait just one frickin' minute here! First of all; who are you? And what exactly are you doing?”

“Whoops! I'm sorry.” Lyra smiled sheepishly. “Where are my manners. My name is Lyra. Lyra Heartstrings. And I... Ahem! I would very much like to have... your body.”

Everything went dead silent.

Alex blinked. “Say what..?”

“You see... with these earrings I can be a human just like you.”

Everything again went silent. Alex blinked yet again. “Say what?”

Getting slightly frustrated, Lyra sighed. “Look. It's really quite simple. I want to be a human!”

“You... want to be a human..?”

“Yes! I want to be a human and finally have those wonderful hands of yours!” Lyra said as she regarded his hands with a longing expression of desire. She even drooled, which made Alex slightly uncomfortable.

“Uhm... Couldn't you just turn yourself into one with your magic? You are a unicorn aren't you?”

Lyra ceased her drooling and resumed her normal posture. “I may be a unicorn, but magic like that is far beyond what I'm capable off.”

Alex then eyed Twilight. “Well then... why not ask Twilight to change you then?” Lyra followed his gaze and looked at Twilight. “She's been a human before and she did a fine job doing it too.” He said with a hint sarcasm, causing Twilight to blush shamefully and look away.

Lyra sighed. “I know she has the magic to do so, but it just wouldn't feel right. The Ponytara earrings makes it much, much more real than what a simple transformation spell can do.” Lyra then pleadingly grabbed his jacket. “Please! I REALLY want to be a human! Let me have your body! I really want to walk upright and pick up things without using my magic all the time.”

“No way!” said Alex and pushed her off. “I'm not giving my body to anyone, except perhaps that special someone...” he trailed off for a moment. “Besides, I do not want to live the rest of my life as a freakin' GIRL!”

“Pleeeeeaaaaase!” Lyra pouted with her big puppy-dog eyes.

“No. Way!”

“Listen Buster! I caught you, therefore you do as I say!”

“I didn't see you in Canterlot. Are you even a part of this? I don't even remember meeting you.”

Lyra smirked. “Oh, I've been a part of this. Ever since the beginning.” Alex was confused. “Allow me to explain. You see...”


Flashback...


“Lyra? What is it?” Bon Bon looked curiously at Lyra. “Is something wrong?”

“Did you hear that Bon Bon?” said Lyra as she looked back the direction they came. “It seemed to come from Sweet Apple Acres...”

“Probably just the wind Lyra. No reason for us to stop.”

Lyra however turned around. “No… I specifically heard-” Her eyes widened and jaw dropped at what she saw. Just a few feet away, talking to Applejack, was a bipedal creature. Lyra was completely frozen in place.

“Lyra?” Bon Bon trotted up to her and waved her hoof in front of her face. There was no reaction. “What’s the matter Lyra? What are you looking- at..?” Bon Bon froze and saw the bipedal creature too. “What in Celestia’s name is that?”

Suddenly, Lyra began to shiver and her face contorted with suppressed excitement. She bit her lower lips and shut her eyes and shook violently as she struggled to contain her glee.

“LYRA? What is that?!?”

Before Bon Bon could realize what was happening, Lyra suddenly fainted.

“Lyra? LYRA?”

Several minutes later...

Lyra finally woke, seeing Bon Bon standing over her, looking rather concerned.

“Lyra? Thank Celestia!” Bon Bon drew a sigh of relief. “You really scared-”

“Hu- Hu- Hu- Hu-”

“Lyra..?”

HUMAN!” Lyra suddenly bounced right up with joy. “Human Bon Bon! It’s a Human!”

“Lyra! Calm down! You know what that thing is?”

“It’s not a ‘thing’ Bon Bon!” Lyra grabbed Bon Bon face, squeezing her cheeks while pressing her snout against hers with an uncontrollable smile on her face. “It’s a human in Equestria! By Celestia, the legends are true! I've been dreaming about it for so long but I never believed I’d actually get to see one! This is SO amazing!”

“Human..? Wait! You mean those bipedal things you keep drawing in your music notes?” Bon Bon said while cocking an eyebrow.

“Bon Bon! You have to help me catch him!” Lyra shook her friend.

“Wha- Wha- Wha- What?”

“Where is he?!!”

“He... He's with Applejack. She tied him up and...”

“Come on!” Lyra suddenly jumped over the fence and cantered into the orchard, heading for the Apple farm. “Let's find her and ask her if we can have him!”

“Lyra? Wait up!” yelled Bon Bon as she tried to keep up. Once they arrived, they were suddenly met by Applejack and her brother Big Mac exiting the barn. Applejack was fuming while trying to untangle herself from a rope she was covered in.

“That good fer nothin' varmint!” she said as she kicked away the rope. “He can't have gotten far! Come on Big Mac! We're goin' on a hunt!” Big Mac didn't answer but nodded in compliance.

“Applejack? What happened? Where's-”

“Oh! Hey Lyra! No time for chit-chat! I'm REAL busy right now!”

“But...”

Applejack whistled and her dog Winona soon came running. “Come on girl! We've got ourselves a GOLDEN APPLE to find.” She then galloped away. “Hurry up Big Mac!”

“Eeyup!” replied Big Mac as he followed.

Lyra and Bon Bon simply watched as the two Apple's and their dog disappeared from view. “Looks like he ran away...” said Bon Bon. “Looks like there's nothing we can do here. Let's just forget this and get back to Ponyville.”

Lyra suddenly got a determined look on her face. “Oh, we're going back to Ponyville alright...”

“Lyra? What are you thinking..?”

“Come on Bon Bon!” Lyra suddenly galloped past Bon Bon, heading in the direction towards Ponyville. “We've got to figure out a way to get him before they do! That human is MINE!”

“Lyra? Come on Lyra! Slow down!”

*****

Alex suddenly remembered back in the orchard where he first met Applejack. She was one of the two ponies he saw on the road.

“You're..!”

“I've spent the entire day searching for you. And now I finally have you.” Lyra turned and faced Celestia. “Your Highness! As my witness, you will allow me to keep this human, yes?”

Alex too eyed Celestia. “You're not seriously going to allow this, are you?”

Everyponies eyes were now fixed on Celestia as she tried to analyze the situation. “Well... I did say this was a human hunt... And the pony that caught Alex would be the winner... Lyra did catch him first. So technically she's in the right...”

“You can't be serious!” yelled Luna.

Lyra smiled. “Aha! See? Now put this earring on! It's 'Human Lyra' time!”

“This isn't fair princess! She wasn't even with us back then!” complained Twilight.

“I'm sorry Twilight... But she did get him first.”

“No!” Alex defiantly crossed his arms. “I won't do it!”

“I CAUGHT you!” Lyra sneered. “Now do it!”

“No. Way!”

Lyra then smirked. “Are you afraid?”

“No...”

“I bet you are. In fact, I bet you're afraid I'd be a better human than you.”

“You? A better human? Ha! You think it's easy being human? Look where I am!”

Pfft! That just means you're pathetic. I could handle it, no sweat.”

“Oh really?” Alex glared at her. He then eyed the ponies for a brief moment. “So you think you can pull off being a better human than me, huh?”

Lyra glared back. “That exactly what I'm saying.”

“I see...” Alex suddenly reached for the earring. “Alright! If that's how you want it, then good luck... 'Human Lyra'!” With that, he fastened the earring to his right ear and...

FLASH!

Lyra opened her eyes, staring at her hands with unsuppressed glee. “Yes! I knew he couldn't resist! Now his body is mine! MINE!!!” she laughed maniacally as she hugged herself. This again caused some concern among the ponies present, including Bon Bon.

“Lyra..? You're REALLY starting to scare me...” Lyra suddenly mounted Bon Bon. “Lyra?!”

“Quick Bon Bon! To Ponyville and Carousel Boutique! I'm in the mood for a new dress for my NEW body!”

“Lyra...”

“Yi-Haw!” Lyra kicked Bon Bon's sides with her heels and Bon Bon, for reasons she couldn't quite understand, reared back and galloped away in the direction of Ponyville, with Lyra cheering and laughing all the way.

Everypony silently gawked after them.

“Well... THAT happened.” uttered Applejack.

“She... did notice that I was here, right?” asked Rarity, feeling rather insulted.

“We're not going to let her get away with this, are we?” yelled Rainbow Dash. “She can't just take Lexy's body like that!”

“I'm afraid there's not much we can do...” said Celestia. “We can't force her to give up Alex. Unless...” She looked to Twilight with a sly expression on her face. “...she were to learn just what being a human in Equestria is really like..?”

Twilight looked to her teacher and it hit her. She then got an idea and smirked. “Like Alex said; being human isn't easy...” Everypony stared at her with confused looks, wondering what she meant by that. Before anypony had a chance to ask, Twilight was already headed towards Ponyville.
“Come on everypony! I'll explain on the way...”

*****

The next morning...

It was a clear and lovely morning as ponies trotted about their business. The events from yesterday had almost but faded into memory. The talks of the mysterious human that appeared out of nowhere and caused such a stir around town had all but died down and life had pretty much gotten back to normal.
Well... That is... It would've. If not for 'one' thing...

*VINYL SCREECH!*

*STAYIN' ALIVE THEME*

Everyponies ears perked and turned their heads as Lyra, now wearing a pink shirt along with a pink mini skirt and matching boots, strutted down the street in her newly acquired human-form, humming cheerfully to herself and casually waving and greeting passing ponies who all simply gawked at her. Everypony simply stopped what they were doing and stared at her. Ever since Lyra came riding into town on Bon Bon, she announced to everypony of her new appearance. In a town where unusual occurrences happened on a weekly basis, this was by far the strangest thing they had seen since Ditzy's eyes.
Trailing slowly behind her was Bon Bon, too embarrassed to look or wave at anypony.

“Come on Bon Bon! Keep up. Or Am I going to do all my grocery shopping by myself?”

“This is embarrassing, Lyra...” Bon Bon said, still shielding her eyes and looking away from the curious ponies. “Let us just go back home.”

“Go back? But Bon Bon... I've got own human body now and I need to break it in.”

“But ponies are staring at us... At you! And ME... with you!”

“Don't mind them!” Lyra scoffed. “I'll bet that somewhere in that crowd, there's a pony just wishing to have a body like this!” She held her hands up in front of her. “I mean, who wouldn't want to have hands?”

“I still don't see what's so special about them...” Bon Bon sighed. “Listen Lyra...”

“Look! Look what happens when I do this with my thumbs!” Lyra showed Bon Bon how she used her hands to make it seem she was pulling off one of her own thumbs. “Neat, huh?”

“Lyra! Can't you just take those earrings off? I really feel uncomfortable talking to you when you look like that. I really want to talk to the Lyra I know.”

“TAKE THEM OFF?!” Lyra nearly shouted, cowering her ears. “And give all this up? There no way I am giving up this body! Or these HANDS!”

“Lyra...”

“Bon Bon... There is NO WAY I'm giving this up. Not in a million-”

“LYRA? LYRA!”

Lyra and Bon Bon turned their heads in the direction of the voice and saw Twilight cantering towards them.

“Oh! Hey Twilight.” answered Lyra.

Pant! Lyra! Pant! I'm... I'm glad I finally caught up with you! Look! I really need your help!”

“Sure. What 'human' favors can I be of service to?”

“I would very much like for you to come with me to Trotholm. I've got train tickets and we need to leave as soon as possible.”

“Trotholm?” Both Lyra and Bon Bon shared a confused look. “What's in Trotholm?”

“Why my presentation, of course.” Twilight smiled.

Lyra blinked. “Presentation?”

“Yes. Originally I was going to have Alex join me. But seeing as how you are the only one here that's human, I don't suppose you would mind taking his place?”

“Me? Gee... I don't know...”

“It's going to be so exciting. All those ponies wanting to meet you. Not to mention all the scientists.”

“Scientists?”

“I'm sure they're going to ask you a lot of questions, but I trust that won't be a problem, right?”

“Questions..?” Lyra began to sweat. While she was human, she didn't know THAT much about them. “Well... Uh...”

“Perfect! It may take a few months though, but I think you can handle it...”

“MONTHS!?!”

“Oh! Did I say months? Silly me!” Twilight giggled. “I meant YEARS.”

“Years..?!??” Lyra suddenly had an expressionless look on her.

“By the way, hows your health?”

“My health..?”

“They may want to examine you. Perhaps even operate on you. You know, to find out how you tick and- Uh... Lyra?”

BON BON!! FLEE WITH MY LIFE!!!” yelled Lyra, frantically kicking Bon Bon as she rode her away from Twilight at full speed.

“Lyra? Stop! Come back!” Twilight began chasing them. “I'm going to get my Hoofbel one way or the other!”

'Twilight is nuts! NUTS!' Lyra mentally yelled as Bon Bon managed to outrun Twilight. 'Operate? On ME!?! What is she thinking?'

“Oh hey Lyra!” Bon Bon skidded to a stop as Applejack suddenly jumped in front of them. “Jus' the po- Ah mean, human Ah wanted to see!”

“Me?” answered Lyra. “What for?”

“Why, fer tha circus act I'm puttin' on.”

“Circus act?”

“Mah family really needs to earn some Bits fer tha farm, so I figured it would be mighty generous of ya to perform fer some ponies.”

“But... But I don't know anything about performing.”

“No problem.” Applejack reached under her hat and pulled out a whip, sporting a rather disturbing grin. “All ya need is jus' a little motivation...”

KA-CRACK!

“BON BON!!!” Lyra wailed. Bon Bon didn't hesitate and quickly galloped away from Applejack with Lyra hanging on for dear life.

“Hey! Get back here!” yelled Applejack as she pursued, cracking her whip in the process.

'What the Hay has gotten into Applejack?'

“Lyra! LYRA! Over here!” Lyra turned her head and suddenly saw Fluttershy waving at them. “Quick Lyra, over here! I'll hide you!”

“Quick Bon Bon! Take me over there!”

“Are you sure Lyra?”

“It's Fluttershy, Bon Bon! She wouldn't hurt a fly.”

Bon Bon did as she was told. Fluttershy lead them away from the streets and hid them in an alley as Applejack ran by. Once she was gone, Fluttershy signaled them to emerge.

“Thanks Fluttershy. That was close...”

“Oh, you don't need to thank me. I must thank you.”

“Me? What for?”

“Because now I can take you home with me and lock you up in Alex's habitat. You'll be perfectly safe there.”

“Habitat..? Wait! WHAT?”

“Now Angel!”

Lyra and Bon Bon looked up and saw Angel Bunny and several other animal throw a large net down at them. But with quick reflexes, they both managed to avoid the net.

“COME HERE!” Fluttershy suddenly lounged at them, along with her animal friends. Lyra yelped. Bon Bon quickly jumped aside, causing Fluttershy and her animals to collide with one another. With Flutttershy and her animal momentarily in a heap, Bon Bon and Lyra rode out of the alley and down the street. “COME BACK HERE!!” Fluttershy yelled and immidiately gave chase.

“Fluttershy too?!” exclaimed Lyra. 'What's going on with everypony?'

“Lyra!” Lyra suddenly heard the distinct voice of Pinkie Pie. “HEY LYRA! OH LYYYYYYYYYYYYYRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!”

Lyra looked around, trying to find the source of the voice. “WHAT!?!”

“Hey Lyra!”

“GAH!” Lyra yelped as Pinkie suddenly appeared behind her on Bon Bon's back. How she even got on without Bon Bon knowing was beyond them.

“I've been looking all over for you! You're late for your party!”

“Party? What party?”

“Your 'Good-Bye Human Party'! I'm going to make you into a pony!”

“WHAT???!” She shoved Pinkie off. “NEVER!!! RUN BON BON! RUUUUNNN!” Bon Bon galloped away as fast as she could, with Pinkie calmly bouncing after them.
“We have to get out of town! Quick! Through here!” They made a sharp turn and-

SCREECH!

Bon Bon suddenly skidded to a stop, nearly throwing Lyra off.

“Bon Bon? Why are you stopping? RUN!”

“Uh... Lyra?” Bon Bon pointed. Lyra looked up and her face went pale. A whole mob of ponies was blocking their path!

“MINE! MINE! MINE! MINE! MINE...” They chanted. Ahead of the mob was Rarity, the Cutie Mark Crusaders and Rainbow Dash.

“Oh Lyra darling~! Would you be so kind as to accompany me to Canterlot as my pet? I have a beautiful jewel-encrusted leash for you to wear...”

“THERE SHE IS!” yelled Applebloom, wearing what looked like a surgeon's medical outfit. Even her friends wore similar outfits. “Quick! Let's get 'er so we can earn our cutiemarks!”

“CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS! HUMAN SURGEONS! YAY!”

“There you are Lyra!” Rainbow pulled out a bottle. “I've got this Shrinking Potion. Wanna play a game of cat and mouse? You can be the mouse!”

“BON BOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!”

Bon Bon made an 180 degree turn and galloped back with the mob following close behind.

*YAKETY SAX PLAYING!*

They were chased all over town. They used every trick imaginable to elude their pursuers, but were unable to lose them. There was even no safe place to hide as Pinkie Pie somehow seemed to occupy every hiding spot imaginable.

“I... I don't know how much longer I can keep this up...Pant!” Bon Bon was finally starting to feel the fatigue.

“Has this town gone completely insane? This is not right!”

“Lyra! Pant! I'm certain... Pant! ...this will all stop, IF you just take those earrings off!”

“NEVER! I'll never take them off! We'll ride forever if we have to!”

SCREECH!

Bon Bon suddenly grinded to a halt. “Alright! That's it!” She then reared and tossed Lyra of her back.

“Oof! Bon Bon?”

“I've had more than I can take!” Bon Bon fumed. “You wanna keep that body? Fine! Then you're on your own! They're after you, not me!” She then galloped away and disappeared.

“Bon Bon! No! Come back! I need you!” Lyra turned around and saw the mob of ponies closing in on her. “Oh no...”
She ran as fast as her two legs could carry her, but no matter how she tried she just couldn't lose them. Worse still, she had no unicorn magic that could save her.
“What am I going to do?” she cried. “CELESTIA! LUNA! SAVE ME!!!”

FLASH!

“I hear thee my subject.” Lyra stopped as a sudden flash of light appeared and Luna was standing right in front of her. “And I'm here.”

“Luna!” Lyra ran up to Luna and threw herself at her hooves. “Please! Help me! Everypony has gone crazy! They're after me!” she sobbed. “Hide me!”

“Fear not my little pony turned human.” Luna smiled. “Thou art in luck, for I have thy salvation right here.” Her horn glowed and an object materialized right beside them.

“But... that's an empty pillar.”

“It's empty now, but not until thou hast taken place on it.”

“Huh?”

“Ponies won't suspect that the human statue is actually thee.”

“S- Statue??!?” Lyra backed away. “I wanted to hide, not become a statue!”

FLASH!

Suddenly, there was another flash of light behind her. This time Celestia appeared, along a couple of pegasi guards.

“Princess Celestia..?”

“There you are Lyra Heartstrings! Now I can finally use you to invade Alex's homeworld.” she smiled.

“Wha-WHAT??!?”

“You are the key to my dream of expanding our Equestrian dominance across the universe, miss Heartstrings.” Celestia smiled. “With your help, humanity will be a distant memory.”

“No! This isn't happening!”

“Guards! Take her!”

“NO!” Lyra fled with the guards chasing her.

“GET HER!”

Soon she had a growing army of ponies chasing her. A series of thoughts rushed through her mind. Was this how it felt like for Alex? Lyra was beginning to have regrets about her actions the day before. She had been no better than anypony else. She had taken Alex's body for her own selfish needs and for what?

Lyra ran and ran until she finally turned a corner, only to find a dead end. She tried to turn back, only to find that everypony had completely surrounded her. With her back against the wall and no way out, Lyra watched helplessly as everypony, the Mane Six, the Crusaders and even the princesses, closed in on her.

MINE! MINE! MINE! MINE! MI-

“ENOUGH!!!” Lyra yelled at the top of her lungs. Everypony immediately grinded to a halt and just stared at her. “If this is how my life is going to be, then I don't want it anymore!!” She then ripped off the earrings.

FLASH!

After a bright flash, Lyra and Alex were separated. Lyra tossed the earrings to the ground and smashed them. “There! See? I'm a pony! I'm not a human anymore!” She then placed herself between them and Alex. “Now leave us alone! After what I've been through I won't let you do this to him! If you really want Alex, you'll have to go through one of your own!” She scraped her hoof on the dirt and snorted while her horn glowed with magic.

There was a moment of tense silence in the air before Twilight drew a sigh of relief. “Finally... Thank you everypony. You all did well.” Everypony began to laugh and compliment one another for their deed.

“You all did very well Angel Bunny. I'm so proud of you.” Fluttershy smiled as she complimented Angel and the other animals.

Lyra was confused. “Huh?”

“I must admit Lyra, I was almost afraid this wasn't going to work...” Twilight smiled as she directed her attention back to Lyra. “You can relax now. We're not going to hurt you.”

“You're... not?”

“Of course not!” said Twilight.

“We jus' wanted ya to take off them earrings and free Alex.” said Applejack.

“My... earrings?”

“You see Lyra, we all weren't too... thrilled with you using Alex in such a way.” said Rainbow Dash.

Fluttershy nodded. “And while we may not have acted like angels ourselves...”

“...We would never have subjugated Alexander like you did, darling.” finished Rarity.

“Yeah!” exclaimed Pinkie. “I mean, I wanted to make him a pony but even I would've given him a choice to turn back if he wanted.”

“You... Did all this just to teach me a lesson?”

“It was necessary...” said Celestia. “We wanted show you that taking someone's body for your own is not the way to get what you want. Alex is a thinking creature with his own life who deserves our respect. A lesson I... WE all should've learned before meeting him. How would you feel if somepony did that to you?”

“I do now princess...” Lyra slowly lowered her head. “I... I never meant to hurt Alex... I just wanted to be a human so bad.” A tear ran down her cheek. “I promise I will never do anything like this again. I Pinkie Promise!”

“You really mean that Lyra?”

A surprised Lyra raised her head as a familiar friend emerged from the crowd. “Bon Bon?”

“I'm so happy that you finally came to your senses and took those awful things off.”

“Wait... You were in on this too?”

“Forgive me Lyra. I know how much this meant to you. But I really wanted my old friend back. I'm really sorry we had to put you through all that. Can you forgive me?”

Hesitant at first, Lyra eventually smiled. “Of course!” she hugged Bon Bon. Her ears then twitched as the sound of Alex regaining consciousness was heard.

Groan..!

“Alex..?” Lyra broke away from the hug and approached him. “I'm really sorry for what I did. Can you forgiv.-” She suddenly went silent. She then began to snicker. Even Bon Bon began to giggle. Soon everypony around them began to laugh as they beheld the state Alex was in.

“I'm sorry.” Lyra apologized, drying her tears of laughter as she tried to compose herself. “Giggle! That looks really go-”

“Lyra... Not. Another. Word...” Alex glared at her, while now wearing her pink dress...

*****

Twilight never received her Hoofbel prize. Yet in spite of this, it didn’t stop her from learning more about Alex and where he came from. She visited him regularly and he would tell her all he knew about his world and its workings. She in turn would teach him all about Equestria and gave him free access to her library any time he wanted to borrow a book. She apologized for the hard time she, Spike and her friends had put him through and she especially apologized for hurting his feelings.

Using her magic for much better use, it didn’t take long before they both eventually became good friends.

Alex managed to pay Applejack back for the apples he ate by helping her out with some odd jobs around the farm. While she never got the chance to make a fortune out of him, she was impressed with his working skills. She apologized for her behavior and even wanted to hire him as a farm hand.

She even went as far as practically making him a part of the Apple Family.

Fluttershy never got the chance to care of Alex like she wanted, but she did however provide for him a house in which to live as a sign of apology. Moving it closer to Ponyville, it became a second home with all the comforts that he required.

Fluttershy would visit him regularly to check on him and see how he was doing.

Pinkie Pie never got to throw Alex his ‘Good Bye Human’ party. Instead she threw him a ‘Welcome Human’ party and it turned out to be a huge success. She apologized for her behavior and was happy to see Alex getting along with the other ponies and that they in turn got along with him.

Even though she had lost her pet, Rarity never gave up on her creativity. In an attempt to salvage her ruined dress, she unexpectedly created a design so unique and so retro that it became the talk around Canterlot. Needless to say, her dress earned her more than enough Bits to repair her boutique and buy more supplies.

Seeing that Alex had been responsible for ruining her dress in the first place, she gave him his share of the profit for the trouble she put him through. She even offered him a time at the spa as a sign of good will.

Rainbow Dash forgave Alex for the troubles he had caused her, just as long as he forgave her for acting like a real jerk. She felt really bad about her behavior and promised to never bully him again. She even went as far as wanting him to punch her just to make things even. Alex didn’t punch her, but instead forgave her and pranked her with a buzzer he had borrowed from Pinkie Pie.

Surprisingly enough, their wild chase had actually inspired her with some ideas for some new moves in which to impress the Wonderbolts with during their visit.

The CMC would visit Alex often, to play with him and tell him about their adventures in crusading for their cutie marks. They still didn’t earn any, but always remained in high spirit (much to the painful chagrin of Alex’s ears). At times they even invited him to join in and help them, often resulting in hilarious hijinks.

They apologized for the jar treatment they gave him, and Alex just found them too adorable to stay mad at for that.

While it did take a while, Alex eventually forgave Luna for bringing him to Equestria. Luna made it her solemn vow to watch over Alex and to make sure nopony and nothing threatened him. On occasion she would visit Alex in his dreams as often as she could and through his creative mind, they had many grand and fun adventures together.

With the magical tether binding Alex to the mirror gone, Celestia eventually admitted to herself that humanity probably wasn’t ready for her and her ponies just yet. Still, when she told Alex about her true intentions, he did feel rather embarrassed after that. Still, that didn’t mean all was lost. She continued her work on the mirror, and with new notes based on Luna’s actions, she believed the answer to cross the barrier safely was very close…

In return for him being a good sport in letting her and her ponies hunt him, Celestia let Alex ride her and he had her parade through both Canterlot and Ponyville, earning a lot of surprised looks from her subjects.

*****

Several days later...

There was a gentle knocking on Alex's door as he was sitting in his kitchen, enjoying his morning breakfast. Quickly finishing up his plate, he made his way for the front door and opened it. He was surprised to find Lyra standing there, wearing what appeared to be a sun hat.

“Oh! Hey Lyra...” he wasn't too thrilled about seeing her, especially after what she did. Despite the fact that she, along with Bon Bon, had apologized for it more than once, he hadn't really forgiven her for it.

“Hi Alex...”

“And what brings little Miss 'Body-snatcher' to my home?” he asked coldly while crossing his arms.

“I suppose I had that coming...”

“Yes you did.”

“Look Alex... I'm really sorry for what I did. I don't understand why you're still mad at me. I apologized along with everypony else.”

“You did, yes...” Alex frowned. “But what you did was worse...”

“I know...” Lyra hung her head in shame.

“You made me into a GIRL!”

“I'm really REALLY sorry about that! Please! Please forgive me!”

Alex couldn't help but mentally chuckle as he found her apologies rather cute and amusing. He had actually forgiven long time ago, only not out loud. He just wanted her to suffer a bit more.
In the end, he decided to give her a break. “Anyway, what brings you here?”

“A peace-offering. I want to invite you to join Bon Bon and me for a bite to eat at Sugarcube Corner. My treat.”

“Really?”

“I've been a terrible pony, and I really want to make amends.” she slowly trotted over to him and lowered her head. “Please? Give me a chance to make things properly right between us.”

Alex's heart nearly melted, hearing the soft pleading sound in her voice. She sounded very sincere. He slowly lowered his hands and gently stroke her mane. “There there... It's alright.”

“I can't believe how foalish I acted. You have every right to hate me!” she hiccuped. Alex stroke her mane some more.

“I said it's fine Lyra. No one got hurt, that's what's important.”

“I was a mule! A silly nag! A- A little lower please?”

“Huh? Oh! Sure...” Alex moved his hand and stroke her back. This action made her to purr.

“Mm~! Where was I..? Oh yeah! I was a really pin head! A real-”

“It's okay Lyra. I-” Alex suddenly realized something. “Hey! Wait a minute!” He quickly pulled his hand away. Lyra still purred for a moment before noticing he had stopped.

“Aww... Why did you stop?”

“You sneaky little... You came here for this, didn't you?” he accusingly held up his hand. Lyra was silent for a moment before blushing violently.

“Um... Squee! Well... You do have such good hands...” Alex was about to close the door on her before she stopped him, struggling to keep it open with her magic. “Wait! I admit it! That was wrong of me, I know! But I AM inviting you out for a bite to eat! HONEST!”

“Yeah right!” answered Alex while still trying to push the door shut. “You don't fool me! You want my hands!”

“That's... NOT entirely un-true! I-”

“Hey Lyra!” Lyra turned and saw Bon Bon approach. “Well? Have you asked him y-?” She then noticed what Lyra was doing. “Lyra..? You didn't...”

“Ehm...” Lyra blushed. Bon Bon sudden arrival surprised Lyra, causing her to lose focus and allowing Alex to close and lock the door.

Bon Bon groaned and facehoofed. “Honestly Lyra...” She stepped up, pushed Lyra away from the door and knocked on it. “Alex? It's Bon Bon. We would like to invite you out for lunch at Sugarcube Corner and get to know eachother better. Peacefully. Right Lyra?”

“Right!”

Alex unlocked the door and slowly opened it, just enough to peer through the crack. Aside from Lyra, Bon Bon seemed to be the more collected one but he didn't take any chances. “How do I know you're not just trying to trick me?”

“You don't...” Bon Bon frowned at Lyra for a second. “Which is why if you say no, we'll leave you alone and never bother you again. I'll even arrange a restraining order.”

Lyra gave Bon Bon a shocked expression. 'You wouldn't..!'

'I would!' Bon Bon glared at her.

A few seconds passed before Alex finally opened the door and came out. “Alright...” He looked at Bon Bon. “But only because you asked so nicely.”
He then gave Lyra a momentary glare. “Just keep her in check!”

“I will.” Bon Bon winked. “And don't worry. Lyra is weird but she means well.”

“It's true!” said Lyra as she pranced up next to him, hugging his leg. “I promise I'll behave.” She then let go and reached out her hoof. “Come! Let's go to Sugarcube Corner. Give me your hand. I'll lead th-” She quickly retracted her hoof and blushed. “I'm sorry...”

Alex sighed and rolled his eyes. “It's fine.” He held out his hand and Lyra, hesitant at first, slowly wrapped her hoof around it. “Lead the way then.” Lyra smiled and giggled like a happy little filly. Bon Bon merely rolled her eyes and went ahead, while keeping a close eye just in case.

“I'm glad you want to give us a chance.” said Lyra. “I just know we'll be the best of friends.”

“Yeah...” answered Alex, trying not feel to awkward about the idea of holding a pony's hoof. He guessed he should be thankful that she was purely interested in his hands and not just his body. Which reminded him...
“By the way Lyra... When you and I were... together...” He coughed. “I was AWARE the WHOLE time.”

“The... whole time? Wait... Even when I..?”

“The... WHOLE... TIME...”

Lyra's cheeks turning bright red. “Oh... Well... Cough! I... I don't know what else to say...” she giggled nervously while rubbing the back of her head. “When a girl's gotta go-”

“I REALLY don't want to talk about it...” Alex hid his embarrassment. “It's awkward enough as it is...”

“Right... Squee!” Lyra then nervously rubbed her foreleg. Alex gave her a questionable look until he again noticed the hat.

“What's with the hat? It isn't THAT sunny.”

Lyra bit her lip. “I... visited Zecora a few days ago... I wanted to apologize for my actions. She would only forgive me on ONE condition...” She took off her hat and revealed that her ears had become donkey ears.

Alex saw the ears and snickered. “Wow! That... That's really cute.” Lyra only blushed. Alex then burst out laughing.

“That's what you get for acting like a complete JACKASS!”



THE END

Author's Note:

Well... Here we are! The Bonus Ending. FINALLY!! :pinkiehappy:


Granted, it's not the BEST ending ever, but it's better than nothing. After taking a rather LONG vacation from writing, I've finally finished the promised Bonus Ending featuring everypony's favorite human-specialist: Lyra Heartstrings.
You can either love it or hate it, it doesn't really matter... :ajsmug:



It's been a long and wild ride and I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it :twilightsmile:



*Update!* Added some more lines to the chapter :twilightsmile:

Comments ( 151 )

Only 1 word can satisfactorily express my feelings about this ending.....
YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rainbowlaugh: Ow my sides. Sequel please.

Beautiful. Simply beautiful.

Alright everybody, chant with me!
Sequel!
Sequel!
Sequel!

LOL I laughed throughout this Bonus Ending! Great work dude!

First time an actual "cuss" was heard in this fanfic, but it was perfect nonetheless. A darn shame it's over, but I loved it. Thanks for sharing this story with us.

Good luck with your future stories! VirusChris signing off! ^_^

Thank you so much for making this story, admittedly, this one was the funniest chapter in regards to how over-the-top Lyra was in her attempts to bond with Alex and the ending line was perfect. You concluded the series in a magnificent way.

After 7 months it's over.:pinkiesad2: I'm really going to miss this fimfiction.:raritycry:

“Yeah!” exclaimed Pinkie. “I mean, I wanted to make him a pony but even I would've given him a choice to turn back if he wanted.”

*COUGH* bullshit *COUGH*

huh didn't expect anything else from this story but have to say i'm glad i didn't remove it from my list after it "ended."

If it was me I would have told Lyra she can rightly go screw herself, being forced to do some of the other things is bad enough but to have someone come out of left field and steal my body, I would have told them to go jump off a cliff or drown in their own tears.

TGM

And it finally comes to an end.

That was a great ride. Looking forward to that sequel. :rainbowkiss:

ya know, I thought the bonus ending wold be
WHAT IF ALEX WON!!!!!!!

Kind of sad to see this one end, but glad to have such a funny chapter to end it on. Keeping it in my favorites shelf in case I feel like re-reading it some time.

Still, I would've been interested to see how things would've gone if he'd managed to win himself, but I'm not sure how that would've worked.

5997582 yeah, it pretty much a lose - lose situation for alex

Next the ending for if Bon Bon won? :pinkiecrazy: Would be interesting to see what would happen if a mostly sane pony won. :derpytongue2:

Great bonus chapter to end the story!

Too bad there was no "Alex Wins" chapter. :ajsleepy:

5996916
5996928
5997355

You may have to wait a while for that to happen. A VERY LONG while :raritywink:

5997243 Just make sure you're not already fused with anyone when you do that :rainbowlaugh:

5997978 The fact that the ponies keep failing when they win, is kinda a 'win' for him :rainbowlaugh:

So the moral of the story is when you finally achieve your dreams and find genuine happiness at someone else's not so expense then everyone will show you they would rather torture you than let you have their happiness? Which also means somehow knowing that what THEY were gonna do was all wrong before they learned their morals? And being tormented for unknown reasons and being literally abandoned by your closest friend makes you suddenly have an unrelated epiphany about how wanting something is wrong? While comparing yourself to the circumstances of others before anyone actually knew what those circumstances were? Well...damn. That's one way to write a chapter. Also letting alex free to take the torture for her was arguably an even more selfish move, ironically. These chapters are getting...I mean it's a comedy. But even comedy needs good writing to be funny. I think you kinda dropped the ball. Even a bonus chapter written badly adds a sour taste to the whole thing. PERSONALLY of course. Others can gladly disagree.

YES IT HAS FINALLY COME THE LAST CHAPTER!!!!

This one definitely my favorite. I don't know why, but it's the most satisfying to me. 10/10

Is there an ending where he finally snaps and kills them all yet? Because I still want to see that one.

This ending is definitely the second best one.
Too bad for Lyra that the prize for best ending goes to Celestia. :trollestia:

A fun ending to a great story :twilightsmile:

“Are you alright Alex?” asked Twilight.

Come one. Please start a rant about what just happened and how you are not OK about it. Don't be a pushover...

“Yes... I am. But can someone please tell me... WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON?!!”

Huh, you managed to do a pushover rant. Well done you Alex. God dammit.

“We can't force her to give up Alex.

OK, that's bullshit and you know it.

“...We would never have subjugated Alexander like you did, darling.” finished Rarity.

OK, that's also bullshit and you all know it.

(I'm ranting because Alex didn't)

My actual opinion of this is "meh". It's not good. It's not really crappy or anything. It's too lengthy to have the effect you want, assuming you were trying to make this "cartoony". If you do this sort of thing again write shorter chapters with shorter descriptions and punchy, over-emphasised, dialogue. Or (if you decide not to write something under a genre overused by new writers) you could try to make it an actual story that seems like it could actually happen (i.e. consistent and somewhat realistic characters with personalities). The alternate endings killed it as well. A bonus couple I could understand, but one for every character was just unneeded - especially with the amount of filler you shoved into some of them.

Hearing who can fusion people ?
this quote

Pinkie suddenly made a dancing motion. “FUUUUUUUU-SION! HA!”

Those DBZ references were sweet !
cdn.memegenerator.es/imagenes/memes/full/4/4/4045479.jpg

5998018 With all the crap he went through I might just fight for body control and then jump off the cliff, like hell I am going to keep dealing with ponies that only wanted to use me to better themselves or damn someone else.

It's good to see that you had one more chapter in you, great work!

5999027

My actual opinion of this is "meh". It's not good. It's not really crappy or anything. It's too lengthy to have the effect you want, assuming you were trying to make this "cartoony". If you do this sort of thing again write shorter chapters with shorter descriptions and punchy, over-emphasised, dialogue. Or (if you decide not to write something under a genre overused by new writers) you could try to make it an actual story that seems like it could actually happen (i.e. consistent and somewhat realistic characters with personalities). The alternate endings killed it as well. A bonus couple I could understand, but one for every character was just unneeded - especially with the amount of filler you shoved into some of them.

I originally wanted to seperate the alternate endings from the actual ending (Twilight) by creating a seperate folder for them. Unfortunately, the Site wouldn't allow it, so I was forced to change my plans and add them along with the story simply as one of many endings you could pick from when reading it for the first time. Didn't have much options... :unsuresweetie:

And don't you worry about seeing this type of story setup again :twilightsmile: This was just a one time experiment :raritywink: I'm now moving over to more simpler storytelling.

5998708 I REALLY wish I could have Alex kill them all. I REALLY would... :pinkiecrazy:

Unfortunately, this is not a story of blood and gore :pinkiesad2:

5998506 I've got a few ideas in mind...

Got some short stories that I may post sometime during summer.

I'm also working on an epic based on my other story; 'They Shall Remember Me'. Can't say how much will be finished this year, but I may post a few Chapters soon :raritywink:

5998027 Maybe there is no moral to the story... :rainbowderp:

Just a bunch of random things happening! :rainbowlaugh:

5999514 Writers learn, plans change and fail. I just felt that the alternate endings weren't needed as not much changed between them and all the same lessons were learned either way.

>Pony wins.
>Pony uses Alex for their own gain.
>Pony learns they shouldn't use Alex for their gain.
>Alex forgives everypony.
>Alex gets some form of repayment from all the ponies.
>Alex is best friends with pony and friends with all of the others.

A bonus ending might have worked because it could have focused on all of the silly fan suggestions in the comments, or (like this one except less lengthy and with lots of filler cut out) just generally had a different twist. The whole bonus ending chapter could have been lots of short, mini, stories (endings) sprung from suggestions. I've seen that work in other works.

5999560 I know each ending is repetitive, but that's because they're supposed to be. Despite which ending it is, the end result would always be the same because the choosen ending ignores the others.

5999605 Then what's the point of the alternate endings?

5999730 Give Readers the chance to choose the pony who's intention they find more interesting and see how it plays out.

Wait, Zecora was after Alex too? Does that mean there's going to be a Zecora chapter? Or a chapter like that movie Clue where everypony has their turn with him? I mean not that I'd lose any sleep not knowing, but the story and all of the endings have been top notch mate!

6001073 This story is finished, so there won't be anymore chapters sadly :ajsleepy:

Originally I did contemplate on a Side-Story, focusing on the other characters (Lyra & Bon Bon, Trixie, Zecora, Gilda, etc...), but the intentions got darker and made some of them WAY too out of character.

Also, I want to focus on other stuff :twilightsmile:

Okay, so-

“...We would never have subjugated Alexander like you did, darling.” finished Rarity.

What.

*Re-reads the "...____ won" chapters*
Heh. Ha. Haha. Hahahaha! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/296/f/4/dashie_table_flip_by_tomdantherock-d5e46om.gif
img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090813185928/yugioh/images/b/b9/FlippingtheTable-GX02-VG.jpg
fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/318/d/d/applebloom___table_flip_by_cptofthefriendship-d4g65ki.png
33.media.tumblr.com/2365d0feca3caf27b1196a9583baa190/tumblr_mo1bu4q8zs1r33pmco1_500.gif
https://www.google.com/search?q=table+flip&client=tablet-android-digiin&espv=1&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sboxchip=Images&sa=X&ei=5mBdVfWFMc_9gwTS3oA4&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=600

I'm done. I-I'm just done.

You killed their characterizations (yes-ALL OF THEM) by trying to force those endings. The story loses it's flow because you forced situations instead of "letting them flow", claiming that there was "no other way" for it to be written. There was no suspence, no variety - only repetition.

Suggestions:
This is a hypothetical situation.
True Ending Chapter-Discord wins:
Discord "catches" Alex.
Discord wants Alex to do whatever he (Alex) wants to do.
Alex says he wants to go back home/all this 'chase Alex around' to stop. All the others complain about how they wanted to do something with him.
Alex snaps - calls them out on their actions, and then apologizes about snapping at them.
Alex asks them"What else would you have done if you were in my shoes? What if you had to run away from a bunch of humans?
That treated you like a science experiment? - Twilight's now sad
...like an endangered animal? - now Fluttershy
...like a play-toy? - now Rainbow
...like a circus freak? - now Applejack
...like a pet to show off? - now Rarity
That forced you to be something you weren't? - now Pinkie
That never considered your feelings? - now the CMC
That forced you to sacrifice your freedom? - now Luna
That used you to "teach others a lesson"? "- now Celestia

Then they all talk about how they weren't being very friendly to Alex - CMC don't really want to get "inconsiderate marks" - Twilight wasn't really being a friend - Fluttershy wasn't being very kind - Applejack wasn't being too honest - Rainbow wasn't being very loyal -Pinkie wouldn't have made him very happy - etc., etc.
Discord opens a portal for Alex / magic flows from the element bearers, bounces off Alex, and then forms a portal for him.
Alex goes home, the end.

This hypothetical chapter would make all the other ending chapters irreverent because
A. It accomplishes addressing all the problems that all the other endings address individually, which means less writing required ('required', because you might just want to have the others as bonus alternate endings).
B. It breaks the monotonous repetition that plagues the story. It keeps the characters 'in character'. It helps the story flow. Every comedy needs some level of seriousness to help bolster the "funny stuff", or else it stops being funny.

I'm sorry for all of my long rant criticism comments.
I wish you a good day, and hope that you may consider some of my advice when writing future stories.
Goodbye.

6001564 I will, thanks :twilightsmile:

But please... go easy on the tables. People use those you know... :twilightsheepish:

5999745 Fair enough - though there was very little difference and I don't feel they contributed much to the story. If anything they took away from it being as lengthy as they are.

I'd have done a vote for endings. Or tried to satisfy multiple perspectives. Or tried to do something somewhat original that few expected but left the reader fulfilled nonetheless.

Then again, if you did a vote you'd get people like me voting for "Discord Wins".

6003093

I'd have done a vote for endings. Or tried to satisfy multiple perspectives. Or tried to do something somewhat original that few expected but left the reader fulfilled nonetheless.

I actually did that. I asked Readers to vote for the pony who would get Alex, and Twilight won with the most votes. Hence why her ending is the first.

Then again, if you did a vote you'd get people like me voting for "Discord Wins".

And believe me, I got several of those. Of course, when the idea for a Bonus Ending came about, the pony most Readers wanted me to write an ending for was Lyra.

You know, that was a amusing bonus chapter.

From Twilight's Ending:

“LOOK! OVER THERE!” Both Alex and Twilight turned towards the sound of the new voice and saw a mint colored unicorn galloping at full speed towards them. “IT’S ANOTHER HUMAN!!!” She leapt at Twilight.

“Uh oh…”

“MINE!”

...And then they merged :rainbowlaugh:

Imagine it...

Lyra Heartstrings. Bookworm and the Element of Magic? :rainbowlaugh: What do you think?

6001564

“...We would never have subjugated Alexander like you did, darling.” finished Rarity.

What.

*Re-reads the "...____ won" chapters*

Heh. Ha. Haha. Hahahaha! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

It is really kinda funny, considering it is Rarity that's saying it :rainbowlaugh:

6003302 Oh, yeah. I remember the vote now. I think I voted Twilight as well at the time - I don't quite remember. I'd have stuck with it - though some others seem to like the alternate endings, so who am I to judge? You've got to please the majority... and yourself.

This is nice, but i still wanted there to be a darker ending, not a bad ending per se, but Alex should have had an angry, ranting ending IMO. Even in the luna ending none of the ponies got any of their just deserts. But you wanted it to be happy and lighthearted, so good on you, you are not as dark humored an individual as I.

Login or register to comment