• Published 5th Oct 2014
  • 28,972 Views, 2,465 Comments

Get Him! - TJHoofer



A human named Alex suddenly finds himself in Equestria, without knowing how or why. The only thing he does know, is that everypony wants to get him.

  • ...
190
 2,465
 28,972

Twilight Wins

Chapter 17: The Winner is…


There was an intense silence in the air. The dust slowly began to settle as the shadowy image of a pony pileup became visible. All the other ponies moaned and groaned as they rubbed their head trying to shake away the dizziness. Twilight, Celestia and Luna stared with their mouths wide agape at the incredible sight, with their horns still lit.

Somewhere beneath that pile of ponies was Alex, the weight of all of them having knocked the wind out him. Unsure of which of them had their magic locked on Alex, the two monarchs and Twilight simultaneously lifted Alex off the ground, pushing away the ponies above him. As soon as he was in view, everyone’s eyes widened with more surprise and disbelief.

Nopony had grabbed Alex!

This only meant one thing... That one of them had claimed Alex ahead of the others. With controlled excitement, all three levitated Alex towards them.

Twilight bit the tip of her hooves with anticipation. Luna was nervous as well and did the same. As Alex drew ever closer, he started to float in the direction of the spell caster. Twilight and Luna gasped. Celestia smiled and cleared her throat.

“The hunt is over my little ponies! The winner is… TWILIGHT SPARKLE!

“Aaaaw…” the other ponies groaned with disappointment.

“YAY!” cheered Pinkie Pie.

Twilight blinked several times before realizing what had happened. Her confusion was replaced with a huge smile. Her eyes sparkled with delight and she skipped and cheered around Alex.

“YES! YES! YES! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Wasting no time whatsoever, Twilight quickly summoned the cage from Ponyville, along with Spike.

“Huh? How did..? GAH!”

Spike lost his balance as Twilight turned the cage over and opened it. She dropped Alex inside and made certain the bottom part was secured and locked.

No longer in Twilight’s magical hold, Alex sat up, drummed his fingers and let out a quiet sigh of defeat as the lavender bookworm continued to jump and skip around him in ecstatic glee.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“You caught him. You actually caught him!” cheered Spike.

“Yes Spike! It finally over!” cheered Twilight and hugged him.

“Congratulations Twilight!” said Celestia smiling as she trotted up beside them.

“Thank you princess! Thank you!”

Celestia then inspected the cage. “My… That is most certainly an impressive cage…”

“Thank you!” Spike grinned proudly. “Made it myself.”

“…but don’t you think it’s a bit… excessive?”

Twilight stopped her little victory dance and her grin quickly vanished. “Ex- Excessive?”

“I mean, it doesn’t really look that friendly now, wouldn’t you say?” Celestia gave her a rather stern look.

“It doesn’t?” Twilight looked at the cage and then nervously at Celestia. “Do you really think it’s unnecessary? It was only following-”

“I am familiar with the protocol Twilight, but young Alex here is not an animal. I can vouch for him. And besides you did catch him my student, so you don’t need to worry that he’ll run away anymore.” Twilight bit her lips and blushed. “Now let the poor thing out.”

Twilight was a bit reluctant at first, but eventually used her magic to remove the cage around Alex. Spike frowned, knowing all his work on this cage had been for nothing.

Alex was relived to be out of the cage. He then looked up at Twilight who half expected him to immediately run away at that moment he was free. Instead he just sat there.

“So… You’re not going to run away?”

“Why? You heard her. You caught me. Just get this over with…” He crossed his arms and looked away.

“Alex…” Twilight sensed the hurt in his voice. He still hadn’t forgiven her for that incident in the library a while back. She wanted to say something but her friends suddenly surrounded them and congratulated her with her victory.

“Congratulations Twilight! You caught Alex!” cheered Pinkie while throwing confetti around. The crusaders joined in on the cheering as well.

TWILIGHT CAUGHT ALEX! TWILIGHT CAUGHT ALEX! YAY!

“Indeed! We all are... truly happy for you.” said Rarity with a rather forced smile.

“Thank you! Thank you everypony!” Twilight smiled.

“Ya deserve it Twi!” said Applejack.

“Seeing you happy is worth all the Alexseses in the world!” said Pinkie. “Right Dashie?”

“Uh... Yeah! Right!” Rainbow Dash agreed. ‘Still I wish that I had won…’

Twilight put her hoof on his shoulder and smiled before facing the friends again. “My friends, I wish to invite you all to accompany us to Trotholm for my presentation.” Her friends nodded and agreed to join her. “I hope you will come too?” she asked her mentor.

Princess Celestia nodded. “Of course we will my faithful student, right Luna?”

“I’ll come too I suppose…” Luna said with a slightly solemn voice. Secretly she hoped that once Twilight was done with her little presentation, she would probably have no further need for Alex...

As her friends cheered on, Twilight leaned down towards Alex and whispered. “Alex… I promise that once we get back from Trotholm, I’ll make things right. You’ll see. Just be patient and everything will turn out good for us both...”

‘That’s ‘if’ we both get back…’ Alex muttered concerned.

*****

Few days later…

The night was young as the moon slowly rose to begin the night across the skies of Trotholm. In the busy streets, ponies were trotting about, either going home or heading for their nightly shifts.

For some ponies tonight however, the night was a special one. Tonight the streets were more crowded than usual and most ponies were trotting or cantering excitedly in one direction. The day had started with some very exciting news. Tonight, at Trotholm’s famous Academy for Science and Magic, a presentation was to be held. The city was abuzz with rumors of an extraordinary unveiling.

While the nature of the presentation was unknown, it had not only earned the visit from some of the most esteemed ponies of Trotholm Hoofbel Committee, but almost every dignitary from around Equus, including the Royal Princesses of Canterlot themselves!
Ponies of all ages lined as they eagerly waited to be let in the large Trotholm Academy where the presentation would take place. Over the entrance, a banner was hung in full view as it spelled tonight’s event in big letters;

SPECIAL HOOFBEL AWARD CEREMONY! TONIGHT, TWILIGHT SPARKLE UNVEILS!

Inside the Academy, the large auditorium was being packed. Rows and rows were filled as each pony found their spot. High above, pegasi flew about, finding their places on the balconies while the more reserved boxes were occupied by the high-classed ponies and dignitaries. In the Royal box, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna were already present.
On one side of the stage sat the esteemed members of the Hoofbel Committee. In the front row sat Twilight’s friends, excitedly waiting for the whole thing to start.
As soon as the last pony had entered and all the seats were filled, a great silence befell the auditorium as the Chairmare of the Hoofbel Committee trotted out across the stage and faced the audience.

“Fillies and Gentlecolts!” She eyed the Royal Sisters and bowed. “It is with great pleasure that I welcome everypony to this special unveiling.” The hall sounded with applause as every pony clopped and stomped their hooves in cheer.
“Tonight, our very special guest, Twilight Sparkle of Ponyville, will present to us the greatest discovery in all of Equestria!” The mere mention of Twilight’s name was met with cheers from her friends in the front row, especially Pinkie Pie, who bounced up and down excitement. “And so, without any adieu, I present to you, Twilight Sparkle!”

The Chairmare stepped off the podium as the crowd cheered and applauded the arrival of Twilight. She trotted uneasily out on stage, smiling nervously while trying to keep calm. Even though she had seen this over and over in her head, she hadn’t expected it to be THAT many ponies present.

Following close behind her was Spike, pushing a large box-shaped object on wheels, completely covered in a large blanket. He parked the object close to the podium next to Twilight and leaned against to take a breather and wipe off a sweat.
Trembling, Twilight cleared her throat and took a deep breath as she ascended the podium. Looking out towards the mass of excited ponies, she waited for the applause to die down before she spoke.

Ahem! Th- thank you Miss Chairmare. Thank you, Members of the Committee.” She glanced down at her friends who smiled and waved at her.

“You can do it Twilight!”

“Who-hooo!”

Their smiles and cheers calmed her nerves and she became more relaxed and focused. “Thank you, everypony!” She then eyed Princess Celestia and Luna bowing from high above the audience in a royal box and bowed as well.

Cough! My fellow ponies… Esteemed Members of the Committee… Your Royal Highnesses… For thousands of years we ponies have walked across the face of Equus. And in all that time, we have discovered and documented everything known to exist. Through the Great Plains and across the vast oceans, through the thickest jungles to the darkest depths, atop the tallest mountains to even the moon and the stars themselves, we believed that there was nothing else in the world but what we already knew. With all our science and magic, we believed there was only Equus.”

She paused for a bit as the crowd listened intently.

“For a long time, I, like you, believed there was nothing beyond the world Equus. Like you I thought ponies and every other sentient being on Equus were the only dominant species in the universe. A few days ago, my beliefs and thoughts were changed forever...”

She paused again as she stepped off the podium and trotted over to Spike. She whispered something in his ear and he immediately dashed off to fetch something as Twilight took responsibility for the unveiling.

“Tonight, my fellow ponies, I am proud to present to you the greatest discovery of all ponykind…”

Her horn flared as she magically removed the covering, revealing a cage and the occupant inside.

“Presenting… Alex, the human of Earth!”

Gasps and awe filled the auditorium. Alex was nearly blinded as he was blasted with lights and camera-flashes. As his eyes slowly got used to the bright lights, he stared wide-eyed at huge ensemble of ponies before him, all there just to see him. ‘Well, I guess this is it…’ he thought to himself as he slowly raised his hand, smiled and waved at the audience through the glass. There was even more awe in the air and more cameras flashed.

Both Celestia and Luna watched with great interest from the royal box. While an improvement from the last one, Celestia still found Alex's glass cage still somewhat unnecessary and rather demeaning, despite Twilight having reassured her it was only standard procedure. In truth, Twilight was more concerned that ponies would probably freak out if he wasn’t contained and that they would probably risk harming him more than he would harm them.

Twilight returned to the podium and faced the audience. “Now before I begin, are there any..?”

“Ooh! Ooh!” Pinkie Pie excitedly reached out her hoof. For some reason she was sporting glasses, notebook and a fedora with the word ‘PRESS’ labeled on it.

“Yes Pinkie?”

“Do humans love to party?”

“Uh…? Ahem! Well, I suppose he does like to party I guess… Are there-”

“Ooh! Ooh!”

“Yes Pinkie?”

“Do humans love cake? Because when you have a party you need to have a cake! Ooh! And cupcakes! Gotta have have cupcakes! And brownies and…”

“I’m sure he eats cake Pinkie. Now…”

“Are humans good kissers?”

“Huh?”

“I was thinking of setting up a kissing booth.”

A surprised Twilight shot an even surprised Alex a quick glance and blushed. “Well I wouldn’t know about that…”

“How does he taste?”

“W-What?”

“I mean, does he even taste good? I never got to try it and Dashie doesn’t seem to remember…”

“Pinkie Pie~!” sang Rainbow Dash menacingly through her gritted teeth as she glared at her. “Shut up~!” Alex just scratched his head. For some reason he didn’t recall that ever happening…

“And is he a really boy? He sounds like a girl sometimes. Maybe he’s a girl? Did you check? I couldn’t really tell because you see…” Pinkie was quickly silenced by Applejack and Rarity.

Twilight felt a sweat run down her forehead just as Spike returned with a large stack of paper.

“Twilight?”

“What? Oh! Just place it over here Spike.” Spike groaned as he dropped the heavy stack of papers on the podium, wiping sweat from his forehead before scampering off again.

Twilight levitated a piece of paper from the top of the stack and brought it up to her face. As she looked through it, she suddenly noticed the worried looks on everyponies faces. “What?”

“Is... Is that the report?” asked Rainbow Dash slightly worried.

Twilight eyed the stack of papers and giggled. “Snort! Relax everypony. These are just the written documents.”

A loud sigh of relief echoed through the auditorium.

“THIS is the report.” She pointed as Spike returned with a towering stack of more paper and placed them beside Twilight with a loud thump. Everypony’s jaws in the auditorium dropped and a loud groan from Rainbow Dash was heard.

This was going to take a while…

*****

The night rolled on as Twilight was nearing the end of her long, long report. She had talked much of her recent findings and with much vigor. By now many ponies in the audience had fallen asleep as loud snoring noises could be heard. Some members of the Committee struggled to keep their eyes open.
Even Alex had his face comically pressed up against the glass and snored loudly.

In the Royal Box, Celestia listened with great interest. Luna on the other hand had dozed off completely and was drooling.

Even her friends struggled to stay awake.

Applejack’s eyes were tired and bloodshot and she was barely able to get most of what Twilight was saying.

Fluttershy paid barely enough attention as she was too focused on Alex's well-being.

Rarity was busy reading an exciting novel she smuggled in.

Rainbow Dash was the first among them to give up and snored loudly.

Pinkie Pie was the only pony among them still wide awake and listening. She was also bound and gagged to prevent her from asking more ridiculous questions.

“…and that my fellow ponies, concludes my report!” The echoing applause of Pinkie Pie (who inexplicably freed herself at that moment) stirred the others out of their slumber and they quickly joined in, even though they never really got most of what Twilight had said. “Now before I finish, are there any final questions?”

Pinkie struggled and finally managed to remove her gag. “Puti! Just one! Do humans like to hide in the plumbing?”

“No, humans don’t hide in the plumbing… And is that even a REAL question?”

“Maybe? I just needed to know so I don’t need to check every time I have to go. Squee!” Twilight frowned at her.

“Alright everypony, settle down!” Everyone turned their attention to the Chairmare, who finally trotted out on stage, clapping her hooves. Her presence woke Alex from his sleep and he rubbed his eyes as he sat up.
“Thank you so much for that… insightful and… quite thorough report Miss Sparkle. It was very… enlightening.” she said with a forced smile. It was the longest report she had heard in years.

“Thank you Miss Chairmare.”

“You have truly made a marvelous discovery. You opened the eyes and minds of everypony in regards to the existence of life beyond Equus.” She reached behind her back and held out a medal. “Twilight Sparkle. As the Chairmare of the Hoofbel Committee, I present to you the Hoofbel Prize!”

As the medal was placed around her neck, Twilight’s face beamed with joy and happiness. It was just as she had imagined it. She kept her emotions in control though as she calmly relished in the applause she received. She smiled greatly as cameras flashed around her. All of her friends were proud of her.
Even Alex couldn’t help but to feel a bit happy for Twilight at that moment. She had finally gotten what she had dreamed of and he had been the cause of it.

Moments later, Twilight was joined by her friends as they ran up the stage. They cheered and hugged her, congratulating her for the award. Twilight then saw Princess Celestia and Luna as they too appeared on stage.

“That was a wonderful report Twilight.” she smiled. “Really… detailed.”

Twilight could barely contain herself. “Thank you Princess. Thank you so much…” She nearly cried. “But I couldn’t have done it without…” Twilight’s smile suddenly faded as she saw several unicorn ponies, dressed in black suits and wearing dark shades surround Alex. They used their magic and lifted the cage.

Alex sighed. He knew this was coming. He was an alien after all, and aliens are always claimed by the government and locked away for study eventually. He took one last look at Twilight, smiled sadly and quietly waved ‘bye’ as the Government Ponies levitated him away.

“Wait!” Twilight shouted and galloped after them. A white unicorn sporting the same outfit and shades appeared before her, blocking her path. “What is the meaning of this? Out of my way!”

Suddenly the Chairmare trotted up to her, waving the unicorn away before facing Twilight.

“What are they doing?” Twilight yelled. “Where are they taking Alex?”

“Don’t worry, Twilight.” The Chairmare said calmly. “We are taking him to Horse Groom Lake.”

“Horse Groom Lake? Area 53?”

“This human is perhaps the most, possibly THE most, fascinating creature ever to be encountered in Equestria. It calls for further study…”

“But… But I told you everything… I even answered all the questions!” She looked at the Chairmare with concern. She didn’t expect to have Alex taken away from her so soon. Not after everything she had promised him.

“And like I said, it was really insightful.” The Chairmare answered proudly. “But there is obviously more to find out. So many secrets we could learn. We are only taking over so you don’t need to worry about him anymore. I assure you, he will be well taken care off. I know a lot of ponies who’d love to study him. It may take years, but eventually we’ll have everything we need to know.” She trotted away to join the Government Ponies and supervise Alex’s trip.

“Everything? Years?” Twilight didn’t like the sound of that. She didn’t even like the sound of Area 53.

The details were sketchy and there were many rumors, but new and unknown creatures that were found in Equestria would be taken to a secret underground facility, locked away from pony eyes to be safely studied and researched upon. She imagined Alex being locked up in some sterile room, being observed closely by ponies who wore goggles that seemed to emit a soulless glimmer in the light.
She imagined him being strapped to a table as masked surgeons surrounded him, readying their sharp implements to find out what made him tick.
She imagined herself one day being finally allowed to see him, only to find a shriveled and pale old bearded man cowering in a corner and fantasizing about the world outside...

Twilight shook her head violently, forcing away those horrible thoughts. While there was no proof of such a thing, she couldn’t just stand by and let them take Alex away. Twilight looked to her friends who were just as concerned as her. She even looked to Celestia for help.

“Celestia?”

“I’m sorry Twilight… Even though I and Luna are royalty, there are certain laws that even we have sworn to uphold and I can’t just intervene in other ponies affairs unless there is a threat to my subjects or Equestria.”

“What? But Tia-” Luna was about to say something before Celestia cut her off.

“I’m afraid this is something you have to solve on your own. And you better make it quick…”

As Alex was being taken further away, Twilight bit her lip with great concern. It couldn’t end like this. It just couldn’t! Looking down at her Hoofbel, Twilight suddenly knew what she had to do. With a determined look on her face she marched over.

“Excuse me, Miss Chairmare!” The Chairmare signaled the others to stop and turned around to face her. “You can’t take Alex!” Alex’s head sprung up as he too heard Twilight. He leaned forward and listened closely as Twilight argued her case. “You can’t lock him up in some secret installation! You can’t because… because I want to study him!”

“What?”

“Please! I-I made a promise, and I would be unable to live with myself if I didn’t hold true to that promise. I ask you to leave him in my care. I’ll watch him day and night! Please! I… I…” She looked down on her medal and painfully bit her lip. “I’ll… I’ll give up my medal! I’ll give it all up, if only to have him back…” Her eyes welled up as this was the hardest thing she had ever wanted do. Even her friends gasped at this. Princess Celestia said nothing but was profoundly proud of her at that moment.

“I… I…” The Chairmare stuttered. She hadn’t expected this. Even the Government ponies glanced at one another in surprise. Alex was speechless. As much as he didn’t want to be locked away, he didn’t believe Twilight would just give up something she had worked so hard to achieve. He should know. After all, he made it hard! “Twilight Sparkle! Do you realize what you’re saying?”

“Fame and recognition should not come at the cost of someone’s freedom, especially if that someone is a friend from beyond. In my excitement I forgot what was more important and I’ve lied and hurt him in ways I regret even now. I’m supposed to know all there is about friendship and somehow I failed him.” She tearfully looked up at Alex. “Alex… I am SO sorry for treating you like this. I’m sorry for EVERYTHING I’ve done and I wish to make it up to you and be your friend,” She then looked back the Chairmare. “…starting right now!” She suddenly took off her medal and tearfully gave it back to her.
“Here! Take it back!I don’t want it anymore! Just let Alex go! Set him free, please..!” she choked.

There was tense silence in the air as the Chairmare looked at Twilight’s medal and then back at Twilight. Suddenly, a warm and comforting smile appeared on her face.

“It takes a lot of courage to do what you’re doing.” She handed the medal back to Twilight. “Keep the medal, Twilight… Keep it. You deserve it.” She then waved at the Government Ponies, who looked at one-another and compliantly stepped away while lowering Alex gently to the ground. “And you can have Alex back. He’s all yours.”

Twilight beamed with joy. “Oh thank you! Thank you!”

“Just promise us that you’ll send your reports and findings to us.” She added. “We would be most grateful if you did.”

“I agree…” Everyone turned their heads as Princess Celestia approached them. “This could be very educational for Twilight. And I think young Alex would much prefer to live in Ponyville and learn a thing or two as well.” She winked at the Chairmare.

“I suppose you’re right.” The Chairmare winked back.

“Wouldn’t you agree?” Celestia asked Alex and winked at him.

“Of course.” Alex winked back, quite relived of the outcome.

“I hope you learned a valuable lesson from all this?” Celestia asked Twilight.

“I have! Yet after that has happened, and after everything you just heard, I don’t think I worthy to still be considered you student anymore…” Twilight hung her head low, before feeling Celestia’s hoof underneath her chin. She looked up at her and saw the warm smile on her face.

“Twilight… What you did just now makes me more than proud that you are my student. Even the most experienced ones lose themselves at times and you are no exception. Not even me!” she laughed. “And you did do a lot of impressive research. Although next time, don’t be TOO thorough.” she winked.

Twilight blushed and smiled. “I will…”

The Chairmare then turned towards Twilight. “Alex is lucky to have a friend like you. Have a pleasant trip back to Ponyville. I expect to see the first report sometime this month.”

“I shall, Miss Chairmare!” She straightened up. “And I will! I promise!”

As the Chairmare trotted away, a Government Pony suddenly trotted up to Twilight. His horn suddenly flared up in a bright red light, blinding her. Her eyes swirled and she staggered about in a daze before regaining her sight and posture.

“You have never heard of Horse Groom Lake or anything about Area 53!” The pony said gruffly.

“Knock it off, Agent Filly.” Another Government Pony called out to him. “You know that doesn’t work.”

“Don’t call me Agent Filly!” He half-whispered annoyed and trotted away embarrassed.

Twilight groaned and shook her head, but she was soon joined by her friends as they huddled around her and cheered. They couldn’t be happier to know that Alex was coming back with them. Pinkie Pie was literally overjoyed. She went about spraying confetti and fireworks as she bounced around in joy.

“I’m so proud of you Twilight!” Celestia smiled. “You were willing to sacrifice your greatest moment to save a dear friend. Such a sacrifice is hard and it shows just how much you care. She was right Twilight. Alex is lucky to have a friend like you.”

“Thank you your Highness…” said Twilight. She then looked up at Alex, who pressed against the glass, looking extremely grateful. “Everything is alright now Alex! You’re free!” She then rubbed her hoof nervously. “Alex… I’m sorry about everything. I hope you can still forgive me and my friends?”

“Of course.” He smiled “Thank you Twilight…” Overjoyed Twilight smiled back at him. “Um… Any chance I could get out of here now?”

She blinked before noricing the cage and smiled with a large sheepish grin. “Of course! Squee!

*****

It had been a month now since they came back from Trotholm. Inside the Golden Oaks Library Twilight lay quietly on a soft pillow on the floor, writing down her latest Friendship letter to the princess. She paused and smiled as she took a moment to watch Alex who sat across from her reading a book as well.

Alex’s life had indeed taken a very interesting turn ever since they came back to Ponyville. Even though she was now responsible for him, he was free to roam and do whatever he pleased. No longer was he being hounded or pursued. Instead ponies all over town greeted him with smiles and treated him like an equestrian citizen.

Princess Celestia had been generous enough to help accommodate for Alex’s stay with Twilight. Since then, Twilight became like a teacher for Alex, teaching him all about Equestria and helped him familiarize himself with the different types of ponies and their magic.

Twilight also learned much from Alex as well. She would ask him more about his home world and use her underground laboratory for more detailed (and harmless) research.
At one point she was fascinated to learn that there were ponies on his world too, even though evolution had taken a slightly different course.
She was even amazed to learn that science was the ruling factor of his world, and began to respect him more and more when he told her what he knew of humanity’s hardships and triumphs. She couldn’t help but envy him as she realized she and her friends had it way easier than his people…

As time went on, he soon became like a third assistant for Twilight, helping Spike out with arranging books and keeping the place neat. He was surprised to find that working in a library wasn’t as boring as he believed. While working, he would sometimes observe Twilight as she tried mastering a new spell, always hoping that something hilarious would happen…

And while Alex spent a lot of time with Twilight, he did also interact with her friends from time to time…

*****

Alex managed to pay Applejack back for the apples he ate by helping her out with some odd jobs around the farm. While she never got the chance to make a fortune out of him, she was impressed with his working skills. She apologized for her behavior and even wanted to hire him as a farm hand.
She even went as far as practically making him a part of the Apple Family.

Fluttershy never got the chance to care of Alex like she wanted, but she did however provide for him a house in which to live as a sign of apology. Moving it closer to Ponyville, it became a second home with all the comforts that he required.
Fluttershy would visit him regularly to check on him and see how he was doing.

Pinkie Pie never got to throw Alex his ‘Good Bye Human’ party. Instead she threw him a ‘Welcome Human’ party and it turned out to be a huge success. She apologized for her behavior and was happy to see Alex getting along with the other ponies and that they in turn got along with him.

Even though she had lost her pet, Rarity never gave up on her creativity. In an attempt to salvage her ruined dress, she unexpectedly created a design so unique and so retro that it became the talk around Canterlot. Needless to say, her dress earned her more than enough Bits to repair her boutique and buy more supplies.
Seeing that Alex had been responsible for ruining her dress in the first place, she gave him his share of the profit for the trouble she put him through. She even offered him a time at the spa as a sign of good will.

Rainbow Dash forgave Alex for the troubles he had caused her, just as long as he forgave her for acting like a real jerk. She felt really bad about her behavior and promised to never bully him again. She even went as far as wanting him to punch her just to make things even. Alex didn’t punch her, but instead forgave her and pranked her with a buzzer he had borrowed from Pinkie Pie.
Surprisingly enough, their wild chase had actually inspired her with some ideas for some new moves in which to impress the Wonderbolts with during their visit.

The CMC would visit Alex often, to play with him and tell him about their adventures in crusading for their cutie marks. They still didn’t earn any, but always remained in high spirit (much to the painful chagrin of Alex’s ears). At times they even invited him to join in and help them, often resulting in hilarious hijinks.
They apologized for the jar treatment they gave him, and Alex just found them too adorable to stay mad at for that.

While it did take a while, Alex eventually forgave Luna for bringing him to Equestria. Luna made it her solemn vow to watch over Alex and to make sure nopony and nothing threatened him. On occasion she would visit Alex in his dreams as often as she could and through his creative mind, they had many grand and fun adventures together.

With the magical tether binding Alex to the mirror gone, Celestia eventually admitted to herself that humanity probably wasn’t ready for her and her ponies just yet. Still, when she told Alex about her true intentions, he did feel rather embarrassed after that. Still, that didn’t mean all was lost. She continued her work on the mirror, and with new notes based on Luna’s actions, she believed the answer to cross the barrier safely was very close…
In return for him being a good sport in letting her and her ponies hunt him, Celestia let Alex ride her and he had her parade through both Canterlot and Ponyville, earning a lot of surprised looks from her subjects.

*****

Twilight looked up at the Hoofbel medal that decorated the wall above the mantelpiece. She then eyed Alex who still sat comfortably on a pillow while enjoying the book. She was reminded of the day she nearly sacrificed it all so that he would be safe. Her eyes returned back to her book as she chuckled silently to herself, remembering everything that happened before Trotholm. It had been a wild ride, but everything had worked out just fine. She couldn’t be happier.

Then why was he so sad? In the past few weeks that followed, she started to notice a change in Alex. A sense of sadness and longing…

“Alex?”

“Hm?” He took his eyes off the book.

“I think we need to talk…” After finishing her letter, she got up and trotted over to him.

“About what?”

She looked him carefully in the eyes. “Look, I know you probably don’t think I notice things, but I do. You’ve been trying to hide it, but I’ve seen it every day these past weeks.” She moved closer and sat down beside him. “Is something wrong? Do you want to talk about it?”

Alex looked at her, unsure whether or not to tell her. “I don’t know, Twilight…” he sighed. “It’s complicated…”

“But I’m your friend. You can tell me.” She raised her hoof and placed it comfortingly over his arm. Alex looked at it before drawing his attention back to her.

“Twilight… I’ve been with you for over a month now. I couldn’t imagine being anywhere else. But recently I’ve…” He paused as he sighed.

“You’ve what..?”

“I don’t know, Twilight…” He sighed before answering. “It’s just… I’ve been feeling so alone…”

“But you’re not alone.” she smiled. “You have me. And Spike. And Owlicious.” She pointed at her pet owl who sat on a perch next to a window.

“Hoo!”

“You silly.”

“Hoo!”

“You.”

“Hoo!”

“I said…” Twilight groaned but then giggled as she realized what she was doing. She turned her attention back to Alex, who was surprisingly unmoved by the whole thing.

“I know that Twilight. But that’s not what I mean.” He sighed as he seemed to see something in Twilight that made him remember. “I mean… Aside from everypony else here I’m… I’m alone…”

As he put down his book about the different races and cultures of Equus, Twilight’s eyes suddenly grew wide as realization hit her like a ton of pianos. She couldn’t believe she had forgotten…

He missed his own kind!

“I know I can’t go home and I’ve accepted that. But sometimes I just wish that…”

Twilight thought for a moment. She knew there was only one way to solve this. She hadn’t given it much thought as it caused him a lot of grief. She had promised herself to never do it again, but now it seemed it was needed more than ever.

“You know what Alex?” Twilight earned his attention. “I’ve been thinking… Maybe we should take a break from all this reading today and instead go outside and enjoy ourselves?”

Alex cocked his eyebrow surprise. “Now? But…”

“Yes… Now! You and me!” Twilight got up and backed away. Her horn suddenly glowed and she was covered in a bright light. Alex, Spike and Owlicious shielded their eyes until as the light lasted a few moments before eventually fading away.
Looking back at her again, Alex gawked and his eyes went wide. “Correction… You and ‘Violet’.”

Alex couldn’t believe it. Twilight had transformed herself back into the human girl Violet! Memories of how she used this form to trap him slowly came back.

“Twilight..? You-”

“I know what you’re going to say Alex…” Twilight sighed. “Last time I used this form, I deceived you and hurt in ways I can’t possibly imagine. I know Violet is probably the last person you’d want to see, but please give me a chance to make up for that…” She reached out her hand. “I know it’s not much, but right now I’m probably the closest thing you’ll get…”

Alex just stared at her.

“Alex? Would you care to join me for some milkshake at Sugarcube Corner? My treat.”

Alex looked at her hand. He then looked back at her and smiled. “I won’t lie Twilight. I’ve been thinking of her ever since I moved in here.” He reached out and took her hand as he stood up. “And I forgave her a long time ago back in Trotholm when you saved me.”

Twilight smiled as a small tear ran down her face.

“Sure I’ll join you!”

Holding hands, they both exited the library.

“So… Does this mean that you’ll..?”

Twilight laughed. “Don’t get used to it too much. I’m still a pony underneath. Maybe… once or twice a week.”

Alex laughed. “Fair enough.”

“Have fun you two!” waved Spike as they went out the door. “Just remember to bring her back by nine and don't do anything I wouldn't do!”

“SPIKE!?”

LOOK! OVER THERE!” Both Alex and Twilight turned towards the sound of the new voice and saw a mint colored unicorn galloping at full speed towards them. “IT’S ANOTHER HUMAN!!!” She leapt at Twilight.

“Uh oh…”

MINE!



THE END

Author's Note:

Well… Here we are… The End.

It almost makes me want to cry…


It looks like everything turned out just fine and Twilight learned another important lesson about friendship. It also now looks like she’s going to learn how it feels to be in Alex’s shoes.


Thank you for reading. I hope you all had fun reading this as much as I had fun writing it. And stay tuned for more as I upload the alternate endings to this story.

I originally wanted to include them in their own story folder, but I recently discovered that was not possible. So I’ve decided to post them one at the time after this one, starting with the one that got the least votes.