• Published 4th Jun 2014
  • 11,300 Views, 326 Comments

Legendary Legends of the Legendary Pony Summoner - Pen Mightier



Luna was sealed. Inside a boy. In an unlikely partnership, Luna offers the boy a summoning contract to help him in his upcoming ninja exams. She forgets to tell him what it summons. The boy didn't care to ask. Instant recipe for disaster.

  • ...
63
 326
 11,300

Why Is That Pony 20% Cooler?!

“Right, guys. Here’s the plan.” Naruto instructed his clone army. “We punch’em in the face. If that doesn’t work, punch’em harder. Any questions?”

One clone raised his hand. “Boss, my tail’s stuck down the front of my trousers. What do I do?”

“Unzip your pants. They won’t see that coming.” Naruto replied, “Any other stupi-...err, smart questions? No? Good. Charge!” The clone army leapt at the shadow mob to a chorus of battle cries and one pair of trousers unzipping. Naruto himself hung back to look around at his companions. “My clones will hold’em off. Get the tadpoles somewhere safe.” He said.

“Nightmares gobble you up the moment you touch’em.” Rainbow warned, “So be careful not to…”

“I don’t think he’s listening.” Lyra pointed out. Sure enough, Naruto was already running headlong to join the melee with a shrill battle cry of his own.

“I don’t think he ever listens.” Berry shrugged. One Naruto clone screamed. From the sound of his scream, he had somehow been cloned without balls. Either that or the dark pony had managed to horse-buck him in the ‘nads. “I don’t blame him. Ya can’t hear anything over that screaming.”

“That jutsu is so gay it makes Sasuke look straight!” Naruto shouted over the sound of the melee, “Punching them only makes’em barf all that creepy stuff all over you!” He could only watch as the Nightmare pony’s cloudy shadow stuff consumed his clones on contact alone, leaving behind unmoving shadowy cocoons. “That’s just so unfair. Can you guys do that?”

“I can empty bottles and stallions the moment I touch’em. Does that count?” Berry said.

“Let’s not stay to find out. Everypony, get to cover!” Lyra struck a group of nightmare clones with her light orbs, clearing the way for Berry and the fillies to retreat towards the treeline lining the training zone. “That was...easy.” She frowned at how easily her unicorn arts ripped through their defenses.

“Rainbow?” Berry looked back at the pegasus. “Come on!”

“I’m not leaving him!” Rainbow snapped. “That’s a Nightmare! It’s our problem, not his!”

“Hey, newsflash, Rainbow Dash. We ponies can’t fight Nightmares.” Lyra pointed out levelly. “You’re not going to be much help staying either.”

“But…” Rainbow bit her lip.

“Nawuto!” Luna cried out within Naruto’s mind, “Woona counts lots and lotsa Nightmawes! It’s doing the same thing you did!”

‘The same thing?’ Naruto gasped in sudden realization. “They hid half of their clones when they split! Guys, stay away from the forest!” He warned.

But it was too late. The shadows beneath the tree line suddenly came alive. More Nightmares sprang out of the darkness at the oncoming ponies. As one they all threw their forehooves out as if throwing something. Shadowy javelins lanced out through the air, aiming straight at the retreating ponies.

“No!” Berry cried, diving forwards to shield the fillies. Her eyes widened as the storm of dark javelins soared straight for her. She shut her eyes, bracing herself as she threw her forehooves protectively over the cowering fillies.

“Berry!” Lyra shouted, ‘Dammit! I should’ve known it was a trap!” She thought angrily to herself as she struggled to charge up a shield spell, praying she’d make it.

“SUMMONING TECHNIQUE!” A voice barked. There was a sudden flash. Then a burst of smoke.

All six ponies suddenly found themselves huddled together on a fading summoning circle. The cloud of smoke around them slowly cleared. “No! Oranges!” Rainbow gasped. The others followed Rainbow’s gaze. Before them was Naruto, one hand pressed to the summoning circle on the ground, the other outstretched protectively. Their eyes flicked between his pained face and the countless shadow javelins riddling his back.

They quickly pieced together what had happened; Naruto had summoned them all into one place before using his own body as a shield.

“Heh.” Naruto chuckled, bitterly. “That was totes cool.” He collapsed in a heap, shadowy miasma leaking out of the javelin tips to spread out across his body.

“Oranges!” Rainbow was about to reach out for him when Lyra held her back.

“Rainbow, you’ll only get consumed too if you touch him now!” Lyra barked, pushing Berry and the fillies into yet another retreat.

“What part of ‘I’m not leaving him’ do you not get?!” Rainbow cried, “Hay, Oranges! Get your stupid flank off the ground!” She shouted, almost pleadingly.

“You’re real loud for a toad, y’know.” Naruto chuckled, wincing as the wispy darkness wound its way around his neck before clawing at his face. “Hey, Rainbow. It wasn’t long but...I had fun.”

“You don’t get to say bucking stupid horseapples like that!” Rainbow cried, her eyes watering up. “You’re too uncool for that!”

“Rainbow, c’mon!” Lyra growled, the golden glow of her magic grasping Rainbow by the tail.

“No!” Rainbow cried, her hooves digging furrows into the ground as she resisted. “Oranges! Get up! Get the buck up before I make you! Oranges!” She shook the tears out of her eyes in time to see the Nightmare slowly approach, stepping over Naruto’s downed form. “You...get away from him!” She roared, flapping her wings menacingly. She would have run the Nightmare into the ground if it weren’t for the unicorn magic holding her back.

“Secret technique,” a voice growled, “One thousand years of misery!”

The Nightmare suddenly let out an earsplitting howl. It froze in place, its back ramrod straight as if a bar had been shoved straight up its backside.

“Hey, my face is down here, dumbass!” Naruto barked from below. Even with most of his body cocooned in a shadowy shell, he had somehow thrown himself at the Nightmare’s back with a flap of his wings, shoving his horn under its tail. He congratulated himself on not only executing Kakashi’s signature move but also improving on it. “How about you….Gaaah!” He was cut short by a mighty buck to the face. And another. And another.

“No!” He heard Rainbow cry out. “Stop it! Stop hurting him!” For some reason her voice faded further and further into the distance. He barely heard her last word. It was strange, because he could have sworn she called him by name, “Narutoooooooo!”

Naruto woke with the kind of startle sparked by that suspicion of wetness in one’s pants. He gasped as he felt his limbs thrash against water. ‘What the hell? I only drank one cup of hot cocoa last night!’ He thought frantically as he tried to assess the damage. His heart would sink if his whole body hadn’t already done a good job of doing just that. He was sitting in a pool of water at least four inches deep. “Not drinking that brand of hot cocoa again, ever!’ He swore to himself as he pulled himself to his feet.

Grim familiarity struck him as his eyes found the row of iron bars extending endlessly into the darkness above. This wasn’t his room. It was Luna’s.

He felt a sudden pang of worry for the little pony. He got beat up pretty badly. Luna could taste his ramen, so it was no stretch to imagine she might have felt all that damage too. “Luna?” He called out. Nothing but his own echoes replied. “Luna, are you okay?” He gave a worried growl as he ran up to the iron bars. “Luna? LUNA!” He dove past the bars and into her prison. “Luna, come here. I got hugs for you!” He called out, almost pleadingly. “Luna! This isn’t funny! Luna! Please, come out!” He cried in desperation, “Please! Please….be alright...”

“Even when thy life and soul art in mortal peril, thy thoughts are for thine comrades first.” A gentle but firm voice said. “Perhaps Our childish indiscretion was not so rash after all.”

“Who’s there?!” Naruto whirled about. “You know where Luna is?!”

“We art the one thou callest Luna.” Soft, slow splashes approached.

“Lies! Luna sounds like a squeaky party balloon. You sound like you need a big share of old man hokage’s fibre to get that rod out of your ass!” Naruto pointed out.

The approaching steps stopped abruptly. “Wh-why, We n-never! To say that at all, let alone to a Lady…” The voice took on an offended tone. A tall, dark figure detached itself from the shadows. A pair of weary teal green eyes glowed in the dark as the figure stepped into the dim light.

Naruto gaped. “Holy cow that’s a big ass horse!”

“D-dost thou imply that thy Princess is fat?!” The tall pony balked, her dark blue fur turning a peachy shade of purple. “H-how dare thee?!”

“Seriously, is that you, Luna?! You gained that much weight from ramen?!” he demanded in disbelief, “Fuck, sorry.”

“Truly, fate hath chosen the most indelicate ruffian to have Us sealed within,” the tall pony huffed indignantly.

“Okay, if you really are Luna, tell me, what’s the signature jutsu you used on me when we first met?” Naruto raised an eyebrow.

“What?” She frowned. “What do you...oh, no, that does not bear repeating.”

“Say it.”

“No.”

“Say it.”

“I never…”

“Say it or I will demonstrate it for you.” Naruto made ‘grabby’ motions with his fingers.

“Fine.” She finally snapped in exasperation, “T’is the Friendship Snuggle attack.” She blurted out, her face turning the shade of an exploding tomato. “Art thou satisfied yet?”

“Huh, you are Luna.” Naruto muttered. “Is ramen really that fattening?” He frowned, rubbing his tummy in search of any excess flab.

“Enough with thy noodles, no matter how sinfully delicious they are!” She barked commandingly, shaking the entire room and Naruto with it. “If thou must know…” She cleared her throat before speaking in a much more controlled tone, “....We art Luna’s true form. When We were sealed, it would appear much of Our maturity was contained along with Our power. The Nightmare’s influence appears to be weakening the seal containing Us, restoring much of our power and age.”

“So, you’re actually a granny ho-....” Naruto froze mid-question under big Luna’s frosty glare.

“Finish that question and We shall end thee.” She warned. “Enough with thy nonsense, little Naruto. While the passage of time herein is skewed to that outside, We still have little time to waste. It is important that We explain the nature of that monster thou art fighting and how thou may defeat it.” She gave Naruto a calculating look before adding, “And no, punching things in the face is not always the answer.”

“Oh, this is one of those Kakashi exposi-....exposu….explosion moments, right?” Naruto’s face lit up with conditioned familiarity. “Which means it’s gonna be one of those boring boss fights.” He muttered, flopping down cross-legged in the water. “Fine, lay it on me.”

“Thou may call it exposition if thou will. Regardless, to defeat it, thou must first understand what it is.” Luna went on. “That creature is a Nightmare, a monstrosity that was once part of Us.”

“Baaaack up a sec.” Naruto interrupted again. “You pooped out that thing?!” He frowned for a moment. “Yep, definitely no more ramen for you.”

“Save thy undoubtfully important questions for...never, little Naruto.” Luna rolled her eyes. “We art not sure why these Nightmares are running loose and attacking thee. We can only surmise that the warrior who sealed us cleaved us in twain, sealing most of the Nightmare in a separate vessel. From what We hath gathered from thy new companions thus far, said vessel, this nefarious ‘Pony Summoner’, has not only returned to Our homeland of Equestria but has also taken control of most if not all of it.”

“You...gathered all that from listening to them?” Naruto frowned. “Wow. I thought they were just being loud.”

“Why Our youthful self hath so much trust in thee is beyond Us.” Luna sighed.

“Though that’s kinda reassuring.” He suddenly chuckled, mostly to himself.

“What is?” Luna frowned at his wide grin.

“I was worried I was bothering these girls. But if your world’s got an infestation of these shady bastards then they’re all safer here.” He nodded to himself. “Yeah, I can totally make room, no problem. We can turn the living room into an extra bedroom. The food budget’s gonna be tight but I’m sure I can pick up a few E-rank missions to make ends meet, and…” He was cut short by a sudden giggle. “Hey, what’s so funny?!” He demanded, seeing her giggle into a forehoof.

“Our apologies, little Naruto,” Luna chuckled, “That was rude of Us. The genuineness of thy heart shows in thy simplicity.”

“I can’t tell whether you were complimenting or insulting me.” Naruto sulked.

“We see why Our younger self chose thee. Thou mirrors her earnest innocence, unsullied by the cynicism of wordly experience.” She nodded, mostly to herself. “Very well. We….I shall ask a boon of thee. I entrust thee with my power. With it I ask that thou do what I cannot; safeguard my little ponies, forge a better life for them, whether in our homeland or here upon these foreign shores, and...and to look after my younger self. Perhaps...perhaps with your nurture and kindness, she may...she may avoid growing up into me.”

“Duh!” he replied, much to her surprise, “I was gonna do all that anyway. But hey, if you’re gonna give me something cool like Rainbow’s lightning painboom thing, I’m totally for it.” He grinned widely at her.

“This one shall be a much…’cool-er jutsu’, as thou say.” Luna smirked, her horn lighting up with a blinding blue glow. “Behold!” She declared as the light faded just enough to reveal something in her forehooves; an octahedral box made of what looked like crystal. “The Kingdom Seed!” She released the box, allowing it to gently descend into the pool of water beneath them. The pool’s surface erupted with colour, its glow lighting up the gloom. Naruto could only gasp as a white sprout suddenly burst from the water’s surface, growing into a shrub just a head taller than he was right before his eyes.

“It looks kinda like a twig.” Naruto frowned at the shrub. “The old man’s got bonsai bigger than this.”

“Patience, little Naruto. It will grow with time, much as your Kingdom will.” Luna said. “Or perhaps your ‘clan’ in your case.”

“My clan…” Naruto murmured to himself. He totally liked the sound of that. And if this tree’s gonna give him a clan...a...a family, then he’s gonna make damn sure it’s gonna grow into the biggest, fattest tree ever. He studied the glowing white shrub closer. It seemed quite leafy, except instead of leaves it had…

“Are these...head protectors?” Naruto reached up to run a finger across one. Its gray metal surface glinted with a rainbow shine. Upon it was the leaf insignia of Konoha, but with a much more prominent spiral.

“Elements, fruits of the Divine Tree.” Luna nodded, “One for each of thy followers. These will not only protect them from Nightmares, they will allow their wearers to fight them.”

“Whoah.” Was all Naruto managed to say. “I never knew head protectors grew on trees.”

Luna could only smack her face with a hoof in reply.

“...ruto! Naruto!” a pained voice cried out for him, piercing through the murkiness clouding his head.

Huh, that’s Rainbow’s voice!’ His eyes flew open at the realization. “Rainbow?!”

“Oh...Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, you woke up!” She squeaked with relief, her watery eyes only inches away from his own. Dark nightmare tendrils had covered her entire body and were creeping their way across her face. “I-I thought you were gone!” She sniffled.

“Are you...seriously crying for me, Rainbow?” Naruto blinked in disbelief.

“Imma boop you so hard you’ll be eating your ramen through your nose forever.” Rainbow sniffled angrily.

“Wait a sec, how’d you get caught?” Naruto gasped, realizing his friend was slowly being consumed by the same nightmarish miasma he was. “You didn’t stick around me like an idiot, did you?” He demanded, deadpan.

“Uh, oops.” She gave him a sheepish little pony squee. “Hey, it’s your fault, okay. You were the first to propose to-....I mean...” Her voice faded into a whisper as a bright blush bloomed on her face. “...You called me your buddy. I never leave a friend behind, no matter what.”

“Heh.” Naruto couldn’t help but chuckle. “You’re a real idiot, but a cool one. So…” He broke into a wide grin, “What do you say we kick that nightmare’s ass?”

“Funny. Because I could’ve sworn you said something about kicking that nightmare’s ass.” Rainbow said deadpan, “Do you see how deep in horseapples we are right now?!” She nodded at the shadowy smoke enveloping everything but their heads.

To her confusion, the orange ninja only laughed. “You seriously gonna let this shit get in the way of your ass kicking, you wuss?” he taunted, “Fine, I guess I gotta give you a hand after all.”

“Wha…?” Rainbow blinked. She gasped as Naruto suddenly broke one of his arms free of the nightmare miasma. “Is that….your cutie mark thing?” She asked, seeing the head protector in his hand. “You’re not asking me to wear that, are you?” She demanded, flatly. The nightmare shroud encroaching on her muzzle quickly changed her mind. “Uh, slap your cutie mark on my head, whatever, as long as it works!” She leaned her forehead into the proffered head protector.

A prismatic blast of light erupted across the training grounds. The nightmare clones shielded their faces against the explosive ripple of light washing over them, whipping at their manes and tails. The clones surrounding Berry, Lyra and the fillies all froze in their advance to look over their shoulders.

A pillar of rainbow light rose spiralled high into the air before turning into a fearsome dive straight at the nightmare clones. “Liiiightning…RAAAINBOOOOOOM!” The rainbow blur zoomed across the battlefield, weaving in and around the scattered clone army. Before the clones could even react, a blast of lightning ripped through them like a battlehammer. Puffs of clone smoke erupted forth everywhere int he rainbow comet’s wake. Before long only one nightmare remained at the centre of the training area.

“Whoah….” Berry gasped at the glowing lightning scorches dotting the ground around them.

Lyra recovered much faster. “That’s the original!” She shouted, pointing a forehoof at the lone nightmare.

The nightmare flapped its wings, raising itself onto its rearhooves. Its horn glowed menacingly as the rainbow blur zoomed straight for it. The nightmare’s forehooves wove a set of ninja hand-seals before slamming a hoof into the ground. Razor-sharp pillars of dark crystal erupted from the ground in the rainbow comet’s way. The rainbow wove in and out of the pillars with ridiculous ease, not losing a single iota of speed. The nightmare’s horn sparked, ready to release a barrage of magic. Except the rainbow bullet had thrown something at its horn; An orange pair of pants. The nightmare struggled to rip it off its face, only to end up wrestling against the sticky charms lining every inch of it. When it finally managed to pull the pants off its eyes, the lightning blast was already in its face.

Rainbow landed in a skidding stop, the brand new head protector on her forehead gleaming bright with every colour of the rainbow, her mane and tail trailing wisps of smoke. A blast of rainbow lightning rocked the very earth behind her, casting a deep shadow across her devious grin.

“It’s….” Berry gaped at the smoke rolling out across the decimated training area. “...it’s still alive!” She pointed a forehoof at the shadow still standing in the middle of the scorched crater. Its horn sparked to life, charging yet another spell.

“Tsk!” Lyra hopped protectively in front of the fillies once more, horn readied for a magic duel.

To their surprise, Rainbow only chuckled. “A true ninja must see the hidden within the hidden,” she said, offhoofedly.

“Secret jutsu!” A voice declared, “Friendshiiiiiip SNUUUGGLE!” The orange pair of pants suddenly erupted in a burst of smoke, returning to its true form; A fearsome orange ninja sporting the craziest grin ever. He quickly wrapped his arms around the nightmare. “I’m gonna befriend you.” He whispered in its ear. “Believe it!” Blinding prismatic light erupted from his head protector, washing the entire area with a circular wave of rainbow light.

Cunning detective work finally led the ANBU team to the scene of carnage that was the training area. Following the bright flashes of light certainly counted for cunning for this S-ranked taskforce. Unfortunately, despite all their efforts pointing and shouting at the eruptions of colour lighting up the twilight sky, they still arrived a step behind the culprits. Again.

“Looks like a lightning user.” Monkey said, examining the scorch marks on the ground. “A very powerful one.”

“Still no chakra signature.” Giraffe said. Why they had a giraffe mask was beyond them. Nobody even knew what a giraffe is.

“I found a clue!” Dog said, waving something in his hands excitedly. Everyone rushed over to take a look. It was an empty ramen bowl and a pile of very racy porn.

They quietly agreed these definitely had nothing to do with the scene of the crime before promptly smacking Dog upside the head. They still took the porn away as evidence, however. The porn would later mysteriously disappear from their barracks evidence locker.

“That. Was. Awesome!” Rainbow squeed. “I was like whaaam, and zap! And Booom! And I said, ‘A true ninja must see the hidden within the hidden’. And then you were all ‘snuuuuggles’! And everything exploded!”

They had all quickly retreated to the safety of a rooftop terrace, hidden by curtains of drying bedsheets. The hokage monument above them was bathed in the bright orange glow of sunset.

“Yeah, Dash, you were super cool!” The orange tadpole gushed.

“Can we be like that?!” The ramen tadpole asked.

“Yeah! Yeah!” The radish tadpole hopped up and down excitedly.

“Cutie mark crusaders, ninjas, yay!” They chorused as one.

“Eh, with a little training, you miiiiight get to be aaaaalmost as cool a ninja as me.” Rainbow chuckled, buffing her new head protector.

“Yeah, learned from the best, didn’t you?” Her partner chuckled, patting her on the withers.

“Heh, well…” She flapped her wings and rose up into the air before prodding him in the chest. “If you make it as that the best ‘hokage’ thing you just won’t shut up about then maaaaaaybe I’ll let you say that.”

“Heh, deal.” He fistbumped her forehoof.

“Hey, guys, I think she’s about to wake up.” Berry said. They all looked around at the figure lying on the protective magic circle Lyra had drawn on the ground. Naruto and Rainbow’s Elements had blown the nightmare miasma thing clean off, revealing the royal cerise pony beneath. She was tall and slender, with a long violet, rose and gold mane that went on and on.

“She’s got both a horn and wings.” Naruto pointed out. “What does that make her?” He asked, looking between Rainbow and Lyra.

“Uh, a princess?” Berry suggested. “Y’know, like you.” She pointed out Naruto’s own horn and wings.

“But I thought we’ve never had any princesses ever since the Pony Summoner took over.” Lyra frowned.

“I wonder what kinda princess she is?” The orange tadpole asked.

“Hearts?” The ramen tadpole suggested, pointing at the cerulean crystal mark on the pony’s butt.

“It’s ‘Love’.” They heard a voice say. They all looked down to find that the princess’ light purple eyes gazing up at them blearily. “Or was, once.” She added, almost bitterly. “My name was once….never mind. The Pony Summoner and ponies alike know me as the assassin, ‘Heart Breaker’.” Her gaze fell. “I….I never thought I’d be freed of the nightmare curse. I owe you all my thanks, good ponies...and…” Her eyes looked upon Naruto with suspicion.

“I’m Naruto.” Naruto introduced himself.

“A pony summoner?” The new pony frowned. “I’ll be blunt. What do you intend, summoner?”

“Uh, get dinner?” Naruto suggested, looking up at the sun disappearing behind the rooftops. “It’s getting late out.”

“Dinner? What…” She demanded, before she was interrupted by cheers from the rest of the ponies.

“Ramen! Calling it now!” Rainbow declared.

“Oooh, yeah, colty! Make it happen!” Berry whooped.

The tadpoles had no idea what was going on, but they cheered along anyway.

“What is going on?” Heart Breaker demanded, looking around as if everybody had lost their minds. “Is...dinner really as far as his schemes go?” She asked the only sane-looking pony remaining, Lyra.

“It probably is.” Lyra shrugged, “I know what you’re thinking. But I don’t think he’s anything like the Pony Summoner. He’s far too innocent for one thing. Besides, he was the one who broke your curse.” She looked at the young blonde with a faint smile.

“He is?” Heart Breaker frowned in disbelief. “He can...he can fight nightmares?”

“Both of them can.” Lyra nodded at both Naruto and Rainbow, the two laughing over Naruto’s re-eneactment of the ‘one thousand years of suffering’ jutsu.

Heart Breaker’s eyes fell upon the head protectors the two wore. “Elements? Could it be? He...he has a Divine Tree. He’s a Kingdom-Maker!”

“What the hay does all that even mean?” Lyra frowned.

“It means…” Heart Breaker gave a long, slow sigh of relief. “...Equestria finally has hope.”

“Hawah!” Naruto woke up with a sudden start, ready to smash his alarm clock. He would have, except it had somehow gone missing, along with his bed. And his bedroom. He found himself on his living room sofa, lying under a bright orange blanket. “What the hell? Why am I sleeping out here?” He frowned. His back and butt felt really stiff, as if he had been lying on a pile of rocks the whole night.

He had had a really weird dream. It seemed so vivid. He had finally gotten one of those cool summoning contracts, except for some crazy-ass reason it summoned ponies, bright pastel-coloured ponies. He couldn’t help but chuckle at the memory of that really cool winged one. ‘Rainbow Dash’, that was her name.

He idly considered how cool it'd be to have a best friend like her as he stretched. He scratched his itchy horn with his wingtip as he slowly pottered over to the window. He drew it open, allowing bright morning sunlight into his living room. Well, as much as the thick billowing black smoke trailing up into the air would allow, anyway.

‘Oh, thou awt awake, Nawuto! Woona was being a good pwincess of the night and waking thee up and stuff. But then Woona got distwac...distwacte….all drooly from that nice smell from outside.’

“Huh, probably one of the neighbours having a barbeque for breakfast. Either that or he tried to shave with a fire jutsu again, idiot.” Naruto shrugged. “Speaking of breakfast…” He started padding over towards the kitchen, mentally reviewing his instant ramen supplies for the week.

“Wait a sec.” He froze. “Luna?!” He balked. “You’re real?!”

“Yay!” Luna cheered. She probably had no idea what Naruto meant, but she cheered anyway. Because she liked cheering.

“Then…” He ran to the window and followed the billowing black smoke down to its source. Sure enough, it was his own kitchen window.

“Oranges!” The door to the living room burst open to reveal a frantic sky-blue pegasus, her rainbow mane more frazzled than any morning hair had any right to be. “It’s bad. Like, real bad. Berry’s stuck in the bathroom with no toilet paper. Lyra’s having a fight with the neighbour’s cat. And Heart Breaker tried to cook with the cutie mark crusader’s help and there’s a lot of smoke and….” She frowned at Naruto’s expression. “Hay, what’s so funny?”

“Heh.” Naruto chuckled brightly, “It's cool, Rainbow. Just thinking, y'know, it's really starting to feel like that.”

"That?" Rainbow asked, tilting her head to one side.

"Yeah." Naruto nodded, his manic grin rivaling the sun at brightening up the room. "A clan."

The End To Be Continued

Author's Note:

I know what you're thinking. 'Why end the story there?'. The reason is, if you were all around at the start of this over a year ago, you'd all know this story wasn't even planned properly. So think of this as a pilot of sorts. I hope to do a properly planned, properly written sequel. There's a lot on the drawing board at the moment, including a title, 'The Legendary Legends of the Legendary Pony Clan'.

So I hope you all enjoyed this one. I apologize that a lot of you had to wait almost 2 years to see this completed. I look forwards to seeing you all again at the sequel.

Comments ( 37 )

YES IT'S BACK! HE ACTUALLY COMPLETED A STORY!

...

HE COMPLETED A STORY!?

Thank you. For admitting your wrong.

I will not ask you to commit seppuku now.

If only in anticipation of more awesomeness.

Also will it be easier now that Naruto has ended?

Looking forward to a sequel, then.

When it's written, tag this story with a blog about the sequel so I know where to find it.

Well that was fun. Glad to see this one capped off. And if you've got some ideas for more...yes please.
:pinkiehappy::heart::pinkiehappy:

worth the wait. minato would be proud.

This was a very enjoyable story.

Spam the frickedittyfrack out of the like butt(on)

6869063 Well, he completed the beginning of a story... now a much longer part 2 will begin... and finish around the time the Sun begins to swell into a red giant. :trollestia:

*Runs around screaming about flying pigs and the apocalypse

6869893 I don't know. Probably when Omega equals some number larger than one and starts to expand rapidly sending us to a deep freeze of hiatuses.

6869238 And then he'll be WTF at the ponies who summon him from the dead.

Cause PONE EX MACHINA!

ALso what about Hina? WHAT WILL HAPPEN!?

6870335 With how he ruined many females for marriage...I guess the result will be...the same as with the pone...ruined for marriage...and subsequence adoption into his clan.

6870684 Except ponies are more useful and badass.
Wonder how Hina will react when she meets first PonWaifu Rainbow Dash?

"Huh, probably one of the neighbours having a barbeque for breakfast. Either that or he tried to shave with a fire jutsu again, idiot.”

That's nothing. Some ninjas have tried to shave with a lightning jutsu. Fools.

6869063 Hey! I've completed many stories! Sure, they're oneshots, but....

6871726 Bruddah.

One shot no count.

Long story good, but update more frequent, eh.

Capisce?

Story too good to leave on hiatus.

You know Omega? Omega bigger than one, universe constantly expand go into deep freeze.

That you. Omega bigger than one.

Not saying that bad, but get Omega equal one. Not to fast. Not to slow.

Yay.

6870322 *Alondro causes Omega to become equal to Alpha... and ascends to godhood* Huh, that was easy! :pinkiecrazy:

6872194 Nice try bugger. Nice try.

nice work it was good

Just as it was getting good. Hope this makes a quick return with all the necessary planning.

I hope you continue this story, the way in ended leaves TOO many loose ends, and even if we did have to wait as long as we have I am glad you finished it

Please. Please for the love of every single deity please continue this.

Heard Heart Breaker's name and this song just popped into my head for the end-credits.

6954235 *smugly sitting on a tower of gold* Problem?

Loved this crazy little story, good work. :twilightsmile:

“And no, punching things in the face is not always the answer.”

This guy disagrees. :pinkiecrazy:

:derpytongue2:

I hope a sequel comes soon...

http://puu.sh/pF6kZ.png Whoop woop~ I am become the satans nows. Hohoho~

Saying it right now: 'Heart Breaker' is Cadance

it was good and can you put it and your new one on fanfiction?.:heart::scootangel::twilightsmile:

Okay, that was hilariously zany, and now everyone is wondering why I'm giggling like a loon.

I hope a sequel someday appears as this was a very good beginning.

ALL THE LIKES!

So, no sequel

Login or register to comment