• Published 13th Dec 2013
  • 5,314 Views, 110 Comments

Diaries of the Mare in the Moon - Grimm



Luna's banishment – her darkest hour. Even now she keeps the details of her imprisonment hidden away, especially from Celestia. After all, heat makes mares do crazy things...

Comments ( 36 )

God damn I should not be having the feels I am having right now.

Only question I have is will this Universe be expanded any time soon?

3772840
At the moment I've got no plans for sequels or anything. It's an ending I'm satisfied with (and hopefully you are too!), and I don't want to wear the premise thin. Perhaps one day, but definitely not soon -- I've got nothing against sequels, but I like to keep things fresh and not overstaying their welcome. :twilightsmile:

That was amazing, I really loved how you pulled that off. I kinda expected it to be all clop when I read the first chapter. I am surprised, a very, very much alright with it. I loved it, thanks :)

Apparently, that's the great thing about the Tragedy tag.
It makes the happy ending after that much sweeter.

3772904 I just had some questions that weren't answered in this particular story, like how the return of Nightmare went and whether her wanting to bang her sis is more or less a phase (seeing as she has buzz)

Each installment of this fic was well worth its respective wait, and I have to say that it's been the most entertaining and enthralling I've read on the site. Superb writing, a wonderful and original premise, and excellent character development all made this beautiful to read.

Censored for those who haven't read the chapter yet:
I'll say that my heart fell and I became really sad when 'Buzz' was killed by Luna. I got really tense with the rest of the confrontation, and nearly squee'd with happiness when it turned out he was alive and him and Luna finally found peace. I was really hoping their relationship would take this path, and it did :pinkiehappy:

Overall, this was an amazing story and you have a lot of talent. Thank you for this :twilightsmile:

*holds heart*...you...gifted basterd....you got me in the feels...it hurts...i love this story....i really do...but can you try to make it to the time of lunas return...i want to know wahat happened to buzz if no then thats fine im glad with this and how it is

*holds heart*...you...gifted basterd....you got me in the feels...it hurts...i love this story....i really do...but can you try to make it to the time of lunas return...i want to know wahat happened to buzz if no then thats fine im glad with this and how it is

3773106
Well thanks a lot! I was concerned that the lack of clop in the last couple of chapters would put people off, actually... :applejackunsure:

3773282
I deliberated about whether or not this story deserved a Tragedy tag, but it fits all the criteria on the FAQ. I'd argue the ending's a bittersweet one, personally. Luna didn't 'win', after all; she was lucky just to survive in the end. Buzz's survival was a silver lining, true, but in the end it could definitely be argued that Luna 'failed'. We knew she was going to lose from the moment Chrysalis entered the scene, and dramatic irony is tragic in itself. Not to mention that she's going to return to Equestria as Nightmare Moon and we know how that ends already.

3773585
You're far too kind. I'm going to have to write something everybody will hate now so I don't get an overinflated ego. :derpytongue2:

3773348
3774069
I have a thing where I enjoy writing open endings. It leaves it up to you, the reader, to take what you will from it. At least, that's my excuse, perhaps I'm just lazy. :pinkiehappy: If I ever do a sequel, Luna's return is probably what it will cover, but there's so much possibility there it's a story all on its own and for now I'd like to move on and do something different.


Thanks y'all. I'm gonna be spending the rest of the day smiling. :yay:

3775165
I agree with the blocky text. However, it's all perspective really. Yes, we knew those things were going to happen anyway, and they both are unfortunate events in their own right. However, the simple fact that there's a silver lining at all is enough to consider it a win in a certain perspective. I'd call it one, at any rate.

All good things must come to an end.

3775165 so the school life is hell since finals are only 24 hours away:twilightangry2: fucking tests anyway I wish I could read more of this amazing things that come out of your fingers but I need sleep:pinkiecrazy: or do I?

I'm sorta glad that you convinced me to read this... it's a beautiful story no matter how tragic. You're a wonderful writer so that comes as no surprise that you're able to evoke these powerful emotions within me, however, in that strength also lies the danger to myself. My own fickle heart cares too quickly, too deeply about these creations of the mind. I want so badly for them to be happy, to be whole and content.

Now I'm afraid that I need something to springboard me back into happiness, and seeing as how your story has placed me in this situation, it's only fitting that one of yours get me out of it, time for a re-reading of Full House.:twilightsmile:

3837358
Thank you so much. This was my first big attempt at trying to write something with a lot more emotion to it, and it's great to see people enjoyed it. I certainly enjoyed writing it!

Still, I think that's enough tragedy for me to be going on with; my next story's going to be more in the vein of Full House and my other stuff. And, if I can get my shit together and actually finish it, should be coming out early next month. Thanks for the ongoing support -- I must be doing something right! :raritywink:

I like this. And I already can invision buzz being smuggled into equistia.
Celestia: Luna why do weird noises come out of your room.
Luna: Uh there's some messed up dreams out there ya' know.
Celestia: :ajbemused: Sure uh huh..... just keep it down. And does that white changiling statue have be in your room? The maids are creeped out. They think it changes poses ands moves......
Luna: I like moving him around.
Celestia: Why is that? Hmmm could it be your lying?:ajsmug:
Luna: They probably got in your pot stash.
Celestia: I don't tell, you don't tell.
Both + Buzz:deal.
Celestia::rainbowderp:

Loved it. Absolutely wonderful. Thank you for this. I loved getting a backstory on the changelings and chrysalis. I love backstorys of how things came to be and this one was amazing. Excellent work!

4155907
Funnily enough, it's a complete coincidence. My editor pointed it out as well, and I hadn't even thought about it.

Wow, this story was...simply fantastic! The idea is brilliant and it's wonderfully written. This is going right in my favs!

well , this fic took an unexpected turn of events , didn't really feel the feels like i felt in another changeling fic that i read but i was still aware that i should be feeling the feels with everything that happened here , great work only i feel betrayed now with this fic having a nmm tag and nmm only appearing in a brief memory scenario.....

the lack of clop at the end means my dick is left unsatisfied , but my mind is left satisfied for finishing such an awesome fic.....

now i also just wonder what becomes of buzz after such a strong relationship being established for him but in the canon no such character actually exists :/ .....

also , on the note of luna creating the changelings , anyone seen this by chance?.....

This was an absolutely beautiful story and I can't express my love for it in mere words.
I came here intrigued by the clop (and just because Luna is best pony :raritywink:), but stayed for the romance and the astounding ideas you presented.
The tragedy tag alarmed me but I'm so glad I continued to read - that ending left me on a somewhat happy and hopeful note. Bittersweet - it was perfect :heart:
Many props to you, author! I will be having a look at your other stories too :twilightsmile:
You deserved my favourite and upvote <3

4571678
Thanks! Awesome to hear you enjoyed it, and I hope you like the rest of my stuff too.

I'm still not sure whether adding the Tragedy tag was a good idea in the long run. It's debatable with this story, and I worry that tagging it Tragedy may have put people off who would otherwise have enjoyed it. I'm glad that wasn't the case here! On the other hand, it may have been unfair to people's expectations if I hadn't tagged it. Who knows? At any rate, thanks for your comment, it means a lot.

Beautiful story!

Commence read.

This was quite a tale to follow.

Plenty of interesting turns and heartfelt moments.

Came for the clop and stayed for that amazing storry. A job well done.

Oh wow... End reminds me of a feels fiction that almost made me cry before this. If I had read this afterwards I would have. I love Buzz now, really surprised at this fic. I really enjoyed the feelings it gave me. The best authors know how to weave sex and a story together well, and you are one of the best.

This was an amazing story Definitely one of my favorites.

Why can't I hold all these headcanons?

I read what you've so far have written of the Twilight incest fic, and I should have known then what great range you have as a writer. The little one shots of Shining x Cadance, or Pinkie x Spike, those were just samplings of your talent. The ability to write sweat inducing clop scenes married with the ability to write these powerfully emotional scenes yet maintain a believable sequence of events, I have found a truly wonderful writer.

It's sad to know Buzz is doomed by canon... unless AU tag comes into play.

5875149
You think so? Luna's such a secretive princess, I like to think she'd be able to hide Buzz's existence from the general public.

5879526
While it's possible that she kept love and business separated - I mean, that she didn't let her feelings towards Buzz sate her thirst for revenge against Celestia. But I still think she'd be a whole lot less psychotic upon her return if Buzz was still alive.

Came for the clop, stayed for the wonderful story. Thank you for this experience :twilightsmile:

6040851
You're very welcome! Glad you enjoyed it.

Good show!

6041284 A really great story, with the tragedy tag i feared that buzz would die since the second chapter.
I am glad you did choose a happy ending. :twilightsmile:

I really started to be attached to the changeling. Hope you will maybe someday make a sequel or an additional chapter.
The only thing i was missing a little bit was a scene after her banishment where Luna would bring buzz with her. I am sure that would have a big potential alone how Celestia would react to him. :trollestia:

Es genial leer este tipo de cosas cada autor tiene su mundo

Login or register to comment