• Published 12th Jul 2013
  • 3,008 Views, 104 Comments

Xenophilia: It's a Herd Life - CinnamonSwirltheBreaded



When Cinny published her first book, she hadn't expected it to be so popular or to find herself in the position of being herdmother to one of the ponies she wrote about. There are some sins a colourful hat just can't cover.

Comments ( 22 )

You will write an epilogue!
(tries to do The Stare, fails)

Also,

“You said you were cool with it, Dashie!”

This moment made my day. :pinkiecrazy:

Twilight needs to practice swearing, and celestia was hilarious.

I suddenly have the feeling that Cinnamon's next story is going to involve Princess Celestia... and that this time she'll ask permission before publishing.

Also that at some point she'll get the uncontrollable urge to write an Elements of Excess sequel, but it will never see the light of day.

And Celestia hears the swear. Magnificent. :trollestia:

This went fantastically. Thank you for it. I hope you do write an epilogue, but even if you don't, it was still a great read.

One minor nitpick, with added bold for emphasis:

Thank you, Lucent…” Cinny couldn’t help but wonder if Star would have gotten the necklace, if she hadn’t come along. Cinny opened her mouth to thank him, when her buttcheeks started to tingle.

Slight redundancy there, probably an artifact of the editing process.

I said it before, I'll say it again, that was very enjoyable. Poor silly Cinnamon Swift... at least it all worked out in the end. :pinkiehappy:

I had originally disliked this story, on later reflection after seeing it again in the group folder I realized I had been having a bad week and allowed the Elements of Love excerpts color my judgement. I now rescind my dislike in favor of a Like.:moustache:

Well, here we are, at the end.

This is definitely an end.

But how will we know if Luna likes her birthday present?

4092089
Wow, that's a huge compliment. Thank you!

Aww, it's over, I'm kindda sad cause, as i said, I don't just don't think there are that many good fanfics with this particular focus, but well, all good things must come to an end eventually, though I do feel the situation with the rest of the herd members was left pretty much unresolved, yes Lucent seems to be ok but that was pretty much a given almost since she confessed, so i do hope there's an epilogue because, as it is it does feel incomplete.

Anyway, I hope you keep writing, i quite enjoyed this fic.

I'm kinda bummed to see this story reach its conclusion, but I'm glad to see it ended well for all involved.

Bravo, dear Cinnamonswirl, may your pen be swift and your typos infrequent.

An epilogue would really tie things off nicely. Nevertheless, sad to see this finish.

Cinny nodded furiously, and only scrambled to her hooves as Celestia stepped around her. She really did have nice flanks and—Cinny shook her head. Those were… uh… bad thoughts.

It took all her willpower to look away from the mare.

Then, Celestia glanced back at her with a conspiratorial smile on her lips. “I should mention that Nightmare Moon, Luna, is my sister… I wonder if she might enjoy a copy as a birthday present?”

Well, naturally, Cinny recovered from fainting and woke up several hours later, back in the townhouse, with the sincere hope that the Princess was joking.

Please let her be joking!

Just gonna say this now. That has got to be the funniest thing I've read all day.:twilightsmile:

*Grins and applauds* Very cool stuff. I confess I still feel the overall attitude that Cinny did something wrong bothers me but this was so enjoyable I didn't care. I loved her and Twi's back and forth here too.

Ah, that was a good read! I hope there's more stories about Cinny, whatever they may be.

Of course, now I have the image of Luna in her dreams going 'Face your feaaaars!" while she's dreaming of Nightmare Moon chasing her with a BDSM costume.

:rainbowwild:

I had a real blast reading this one, a bit saucy, but not outright clopfest and above all else, delightfully funny. A pegasus with a raging libido problem preventing her from straight flight? Yes plz. :rainbowlaugh:

Voba #16 · Oct 28th, 2014 · · 4 ·

Edit:

I don't know if anyone saw the unedited version of this comment, but if you did, I want to say that I stand by what I wrote. I just feel that I could say it better.

I am against all forms of sexual exploitation. I understand that this can be a fetish for some, and as long as it does not harm others, or glorify the hurting of others, I'm willing to let bygones be bygones.

That being said, I cannot more story express my disapproval of the disgusting attempts of this story to try and claim that the sexual exploitation that takes place within it is "ok" because the characters "eventual come around".

The worst offender in this case is the erotica about Twilight and her friends. Twilight is belittled in the story, not only by her friends and family, but also by the author of the story, because she objects to having strangers plaster erotica about her in the public sphere.

Sex is not a part of love. HEALTHY sex is a part of love. And part of sexual health is to respect the boundaries of others, even if we personally disagree with them, or feel that it gets in the way of our own desires. To imply otherwise is to dive into the most unhealthy kinds of sexual expression.

Furthermore, to try and imply that only a virgin looser like Twilight Sparkle who we are supposed to assume would be NORMAL if not for the fact that she's a filthy dumb virgin who has no right to feel violated because she doesn't understand "true love" (which, strangely, seems to be comprised only of raunchy sex) is in itself disgusting.

Everyone has the right to choose who they do and do not have sex with. Full stop. Sometimes this means that people can go a long time without having sex. Sometimes this means that people NEVER have sex. And if it isn't affecting their life, then NO ONE has the right to say anything about it.

Please try and think about what you're writing, and remember that just because YOU like something, or find it sexy, that does not mean that others are maladjusted or "just need to get laid" if they object to being forced to participate in another's sex life.

5194668
"Did you actually read the texts assigned in the syllabus before beginning your essay?" -Star Sparkle

5194668

I'm not really sure why you feel that Twilight's being 'belittled' for objecting to what Cinnamon Swift wrote about her or her friends; rather, her friends and family are only asking that she forgive Cinny. This doesn't mean that Twilight's discomfort or anger is misplaced or that she shouldn't have that anger or discomfort. Nor did I intend to imply that, if that's what you took away from it.

Secondly, while Twilight might be somewhat uncomfortable with the erotica about her, she's much more troubled by the fact that her friend's have been drawn into it as well. For Twilight, someone who's spent most of her life without friends who weren't her family or her teachers, she places an extreme value on her friends, and worries that they might not want to be friends with her anymore out of anger at the erotica. As a daughter of a Duke, and student of Princess Celestia, it's doubtful she hasn't experienced this sort of thing before, and she probably feels as if she can handle it on her own or without much fuss. In other words, she has a relatively thick skin, except when it comes to her friends.

You shouldn't read the final scene with the Mane 6 and Cinny in Donut Joe's as the mane 6 as outrightly coming 'around to it'; Rarity is understanding because of her own experiences with the fashion business, and considers not being proud of one's talents to be a shame. She isn't perfectly comfortable with it, but she's more than willing to put that aside because she knows Cinny is bothered worried that she'd be upset, and doesn't want to discourage her. Applejack is of a similar mould. Initially, she's angry and upset, but she also understands the power and importance of following one's cutie mark. It's doubtful that AJ and Cinny could be friends, but AJ isn't going to hold a grudge.

On the other side, you have Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash, neither of whom are particularly happy about it on principle; but Fluttershy is, in general, so shy and passive, she seems to be the sort of character who would forgive just to avoid the confrontation. Rainbow Dash is deeply disturbed by the idea of there being erotic fiction out there of her--perhaps more so that she's depicted as a male in it as well. But she's also competitive and isn't about to allow Applejack to show her up or voice her discomfort.

I really don't know where you're getting the idea that Twilight is being dismissed because she's a virgin. Indeed, as far as I know, that only ever gets mentioned or implied from Star, who isn't exactly a 'nice' character. If this story implies any sort of maladjustment on the part of Twilight, it's that she's been friendless for so long that she's willing to over protect them, forgetting that they're adults too.

6022134

Well, True, but that's also not her target demographic.

I was not expecting this final chapter to be quite as funny as it was. Take my upvote, please. (Would have given it anyway, but, y'know, hilarious last bit was hilarious and I wanted to point that out.)

Well done! This is an absolutely amazing addition to No Room For Regret.

Login or register to comment