• Published 9th Feb 2012
  • 4,962 Views, 71 Comments

NightmareBoss - RainbowDoubleDash

  • ...
11
 71
 4,962

Let the rock off BEGIN!

Author's Note
What is this I don't even.
And I'm the guy who wrote it!

We join our heroes at the palace of the royal pony sisters...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twilight stared in horror as Nightmare Moon brought her hooves down with tremendous force. The five rocks – the five elements of harmony – shattered into pieces and scattered across the floor.

Nightmare Moon laughed – and suddenly, from nowhere, music began.

“I can’t be stopped!” The Mare in the Moon sang.

“Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!” Twilight cursed, and realized she was not alone in shouting defiance. Looking behind her, she saw her five new friends, standing in the doorway and staring at Nightmare Moon in full horror.

Nightmare Moon laughed. The music picked up in intensity.

“Yes you are fucked!
“Shit out of luck!
“These rocks are useless, now my cock you can suck!
“Equestria’s mine!
“And you’re first in line!
“You’ve failed in your quest and now you all will DIE!”

“Wait…!” Twilight sang out, as the music hit a slower tempo, and her five friends ran up to join her. She didn’t have time to wonder about whether or not Nightmare Moon had a cock before the words of the moment overcame her.

“Wait…wait, you motherfucker!
“We challenge you to a rock-off!
“Give us one chance to rock your crown off…”

Twilight wasn’t even certain what a rock-off was, or where these words were coming from. She only knew that a look of rage beyond measure crossed Nightmare Moon’s face.

“FUCK!
“FUCK!
“FUCK…my honor code prevents me
“From declining your rock-off challenge
“What are your terms?
“What’s the ca-a-atch…?”

Twilight considered.

“If we win…you must release Celestia from the sun.
“And also not show up 'til season two…”

Nightmare Moon looked livid. She leaned down, glaring at Twilight. “And what if I win?”

The lavender unicorn swallowed. “Then you can make night eternal…”

“Wait, what?” Rainbow Dash asked, flying up next to Twilight. “Have you lost your mind?”

“Trust her, Rainbow,” Applejack said solemnly. “Ah reckon it’s the only way.”

“What the fuck are you talking about…” The cyan pegasus began to object, but Twilight was already singing again.

“And we’ll do whatever you say.”

Nightmare Moon had a hoof to her chin as she considered. As Twilight finished singing, she gave a full, sharp-toothed grin. The music began picking up again – electric guitars and drums that sounded like they came straight from Hell, as the moon suddenly appeared behind Nightmare Moon – and caught on fire, blazing like an evil sun.

“FINE!” She exclaimed. “Let the rock-off begin! Mwuahahahahahaha…!”

The stars themselves began pulsing to the cadence of the music, as Nightmare Moon disappeared from sight – only to reappear behind an impressive collection of kick-drums, which she was wailing on with all four hooves.

“I’m Nightmare Moon
“I am your doom!”

The Mare in the Moon pounded the poor drum kit for a moment more, before disappearing in a lighting flash and reappearing with a guitar, which she used magic to pluck and unleashed an unholy riff with.

“Check this riff
It’s fucking tasty!”

The alicorn laughed, disappearing one more time before coming into view a final time. She had grown to nearly twice her normal size, and was standing at a gigantic microphone, with one hoof cuffed around a megaphone, blowing her already impressively loud voice to purely epic levels.

“I’m your queen I can do what I want!
“Whatever I’ve got, I’m gonna flaunt!
“There’s never been a rock-off that I’ve ever lost!”

The mare swung her mane around, and suddenly the six were no longer in the ruined castle, but instead standing, looking down over a frozen landscape – Equestria, they suddenly realized. They saw ponies running in fear and terror as a Nightmare Moon, ten times larger than the one that was currently rocking their minds, gave them chase.

“I can’t wait to start the endless night!
“Colts and fillies all fleeing in fright!
“It’s gonna be such a fucking awesome sight!”

The six stared in horror at Nightmare Moon’s plans. Finally, Twilight could take no more. “Noooooo!” She cried.

Instantly, the moon’s flames died, the stars stopped pulsing to Nightmare Moon’s whim, and they were once more standing in the ruins of the castle. Nightmare Moon glared at Twilight with a mixture of anger and surprise that the lavender unicorn would dare to interrupt her anthem.

The unicorn turned around to her new friends. “Come on, ladies!” She exclaimed. “For Celestia!”

To Twilight’s surprise, it was Fluttershy who sang out first – but not in support.

“There’s just no way that we can win, that was a masterpiece,” she sang sorrowfully. "She rocks too hard because she’s not a mortal mare…”

“God damnit, Fluttershy!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed, flying up to her closest friend and looking the yellow pegasus in the eye.

“She’s gonna bring eternal night
“We’ll all freeze without sunlight
“Unless we bust a massive monster mamajam.”

Applejack stepped forward. “We’ve made far somehow,”

“Giggled at the ghosties, really loud!” Pinkie Pie reminded them all.

Rarity sang next. “Now it’s time to blow this bitch mare down…!”

No one had time to react to the normally prim-and-proper unicorn’s words, as they all turned to regard Nightmare Moon. “Come on ladies, now it’s time to blow doors down.”

“I hear you Twilight now it’s time to blow doors down,” Rainbow Dash joined in.

“Light up the stage, ‘cause it’s time for a showdown!”

“We’ll bend her over then we’ll take her to brown town!” Was Applejack’s vulgar contribution.

As one, the six all began singing. “Now we've got to blow this bitch mare down!”

“I think she’ll kill us if we do not blow doors down,” Fluttershy squeaked.

“Come on, Flutters, there’s no way we can back down!” Twilight encouraged.

“This tacky mare can't compete with our sound!” Rarity challenged. Nightmare Moon grimaced.

“Hey Nightmare Moon!” Twilight sang. “We know your game!”

“Scary trees?” Rainbow Dash asked. “That’s fucking lame!”

“We’ve got the elements,” Rarity said, scuffing the remains of one with her hoof. “And though they’re rocks – ”

“We’ll use them somehow
“Make you suck cocks!”

Everyone in the room, Nightmare Moon included, did not seem particularly surprised at Pinkie Pie’s line.

“Your reign is over!” Applejack called. “You’re out of tricks!”

“You’re just a meanie!” Fluttershy called. “But we’re the six!”

The six all began singing as loud and as powerfully as they could as the music seemed to be guiding them to triumph.

“We are the six, we are the six, we are the six, we are the six
“We are the six, we are the six, we are the six, we are the six
“We are the six, we are the six, we are the six, we are the six
“We are the six, we are the six, we are the six, we are the six
“We are the six!”

Nightmare Moon waved a hoof, and the music suddenly took on a much darker tone. Twilight, however, barely noticed it, as she felt a spark in her mind – the spark of realization.

“You girls are fucking lame!” Nightmare Moon declared, thoroughly unimpressed with their rock-off contribution. “The night is going to last forever! FREEZE IN HELL, FUCKERS!”

Nightmare Moon began to laugh when suddenly there was a flash, and a necklace appeared around each of the six ponies who had dared confront her, except for Twilight, who now wore a big crown…thingie. Then the flash brightened.

Nightmare Moon used her wing and hooves to cover her eyes. “OW! FUCK! MY FUCKING EYES!” The Mare in the Moon dared glance up, just in time to see a rainbow-hued beam of energy strike her. “OH NO!”

From deep within the painfully bright corona of magic came Twilight Sparkle’s voice.

“This magic force
“Knows what to do:
“You won’t return
“’Till season two!”

Nightmare Moon felt herself being dragged away, towards the endless possibilities of the future – a bright and happy future, a future of sunshine and rainbows and smiles and everything she had fought against. “NOOOOOOOOO!” The dark force cried as her grip on Princess Luna weakened.

“FUCK YOU TWILIGHT! AND FUCK YOUR FRIENDS!
“I’LL BE BACK IN SEASON TWO….!”

Comments ( 69 )

fuckin' epic, this so needed doing :rainbowlaugh: i applaud you my good sir and bequeth unto you many internets

UFB

"What is this I don't even." is the perfect sentiment, Must say it was very entertaining to put the original on

Lost half a star for a mistime i spotted while actually singing along, "“I hear you Twi, now it’s time to blow doors down,” Rainbow Dash joined in." is just a bit too short, using her full name made it fit better with the original song, but RD doesnt really use her full name, and extending the twi sounds a little wierd, not sure what could be done there.
Overall loved the rewrite, accept these stars and a watch for any more glorious rewrites

:unsuresweetie::trixieshiftright::duck::derpyderp1:
so much confusion. But pretty good

Excellant! I listened to the song when reading this! So awsome! :raritystarry:

Mane 6 and the Rocks of Harmony


We need a movie about this,right now.

I finally found my brain after my mind was blown. Amazing literary re-enactment of one of my favourite songs. The movie, album and song rocks and I hope one day someone does a pitch-perfect version of this song. Because that would be truly epic.

Great lyrics and a brilliant tribute to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic & Tenacious D :twilightsmile::heart::twilightsmile:

this needs to become real, it would rock Luna's socks off

Pretty funny. Now someone has to do this on youtube. :pinkiehappy:

ALLL OF MY MONEY. PLEASE.
but really, that was pretty awesome, a mix of badassery and comedy in the perfect sense. 5/5:pinkiesmile:

What else can I say but :rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh::rainbowlaugh:

i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/162/317/2vA1a.png?1313349760

NAILED IT in a falsetto... although i probably should have recorded that because my voice is now shot...

WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN WIN :pinkiehappy::pinkiegasp::pinkiecrazy::rainbowlaugh::rainbowdetermined2::flutterrage::ajsmug::coolphoto::twilightblush::moustache::trollestia::yay::scootangel::raritystarry::pinkiesmile:

The lyrics could have been adapted a bit better I think, but this was fun. Enjoyable for the audacity if nothing else ^^

Holy balls I did not expect this many comments, and certainly not this many compliments.

There are definitely parts that I could have done better on matching up the tempo with, but overall I think this was successful.

Thank you, one and all! :rainbowkiss:

This is my favorite song from TDATPOD and to see it executed so well just made my smile bigger with each word I read.

I never saw the movie or the show, but I love their songs to the point of insanity :pinkiecrazy: this was an amazing thing, would you maybe consider doing moar?

Oh god, my sides...! :rainbowlaugh:

I've read some funny shit before, but this is too epic for words. XD Um...bravo! :yay:

Well done.
I read this while listening to that scene in the movie. The changes you made worked so well.

If you say there were some parts that didn't match the tempo i didn't really notice it.

Bottom line a great rendition of Tenacious D and ponies.

Nightmare Moon does not need a microphone.

Oh my god this is awesome! Many facepalms were acquired. Yet still friggin' hilarious. Excellent job my good man!:pinkiesmile:

ALL OF MY WORSHIP

FUCK YOU AUTHOR AND FUCK YOU AWESOME STORY I'LL READ YOUR NEXT STORYYYYYY

...This should so be animated.

SQUEE:pinkiehappy:
LOVED IT!
absolutely positively 100% had to be done, and you did it right

wait, mature was off?

204879
I honestly didn't know whether to make it Teen or Mature. I opted for Teen and submitted it, and it got approved, so...here we are.

I guess swearing and threatening to do carnal things to a pony isn't Mature, just actually doing the act.

Two words... FUCK. YES.

Sung to the tune of... AAAAWWW SHEEEIIIT!



Coming back after singing it about three times. All I have to say is: YOU ARE THE GREATEST FUCKING FANTICTION WRITER EVER.

And that, fillies and gentlecolts, is how you post a song, ponify the lyrics, and make it awesome.

>“And not show up ‘till season two…”
>“You won’t return
>“’Till season two!”
Hm. . . . I view "'til" as an abbreviation of "until", and I think of "till" as a synonym of it; I don't think "'till" needs that apostrophe.

It.
Is.
BEAUTIFUL!!!!

What the fuck...? :twilightoops:

god, damn dude.... god, damn...

Ha! This needed doing. I was going to do it myself if no-one else did. It doesn't synchronize perfectly with the original, but damn if it isn't close.

I agree with whoever said this needed to be animated. Much like The Sisters versus Disxord, in Tribute.

That was freaking ridiculous.

My God... that... is the sound of countless people's days being made.

... *starts to clap slowly* I... I'm speachless. Just take my stars, and... Oh god you're amazing. I love you :heart:

i read this
then listened to the song while i read this
then i orgasmed from the awesomeness
you did a good job
so you get a cookie
chzbronies.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-use-your-magic-twilight.jpg
that is all
kthanxbai

this is so fucking awesome. some one needs to make a pony version of the movie

After reading the first five lines, my head met the desk.
My forehead hurts.
Well, imma keep reading.

Edit: My forehead hurts even more now.


Fucking awesome story you wrote there!

... Yes. I mean, just... yes...

besides the comic someone made about th' royal sisters being jake and kyle and discord being th' devil-guy in "Tribute", this is by far th' best tenatious' d/MLP cross i've read.

five stars my good man!

212597
I love that comic. I wish he or she had done the whole song, though, not just that one bit.

Hmm...I've been vaguely considering doing Kickapoo next. With Trixie.

212700 some dude already beat you to it, it's called kickapie, guess who it's about

Login or register to comment