• Published 8th Feb 2012
  • 7,889 Views, 111 Comments

Princess - Chaotic Dreams



Betrayed by her mentor, Twilight seeks to avenge her friends by dethroning their killer--Celestia.

  • ...
47
 111
 7,889

Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Everything was on fire, pulsating and glowing with an inner light of its own. If Twilight had thought that seeing the luminescent dance of this universe’s magical matrix was beautiful enough to bring a tear to the eye, then she wept at the splendor of seeing the magical matrix flowing through every living thing in the universe. In that moment, Twilight saw, felt, and lived alongside every being alive throughout all the farthest reaches of the cosmos. Twilight saw strange beings she’d never even imagined possible using magic to build their cities in the skies, saw a white-bearded hairless ape-thing wearing a blue robe adorned with stars and moons casting spells against a dragon, saw the magic that flowed through all ponies down on the Equestria that was even now slipping away from her and into Aeterna Nocte’s icy embrace.

No. That would not happen.

With a spark of Twilight’s horn, Equestria stopped moving. With another spark, a lash of pure magic shot out across the void of space separating her from the icy dark nothingness of Aeterna Nocte. Forming a spear-point, Twilight’s needle and string thrust themselves through the very fabric of space and time and wove the torn tatters surrounding the hole in on one another, bridging the divide and closing it off from the rest of known existence as if it had never been.

Aeterna Nocte’s silent scream of death was lost to the void beyond this universe.

But there was still no Sun—and though Equestria could feed off the residual light from the old Sun for another few minutes, after that the world would come to a quick and cold death. Not even the Windigos would survive the freeze.

Twilight reached out with her magical senses once again, sending reverberating waves out through the cosmos. She touched every star in existence all at once—but this one was too old, this one too young, this one too big, or too hot, or too cold. Then, at long last after what seemed an infinite amount of time that took less than a nanosecond, Twilight found a star just about the right size, age, and composition as their old Sun had been. This one didn’t even have any planets, or at least none with life. So Twilight took it—sifting the star through the fabric of reality and teleporting it to the exact spot the old Sun once was. The new star’s lifeless planets could even replace those already lost to Red Giant and Aeterna Nocte.

No longer needing Twilight’s protection, or at least safe for the moment, Twilight released Equestria and it resumed its orbit around the new Sun as if nothing had ever upset its routine. Twilight smiled. Her work was done.

But then again…why did it matter?

Twilight stopped for a moment, startled. Where had that thought come from? Of course it mattered! Twilight had just risked her immortal life trying to stop Celestia in all her forms and free Equestria from the tyrant’s grip. How could all that not matter?

But, the more Twilight thought about it, the less it really did seem to matter. Sure, Equestria was safe for now—but wasn’t some new danger always popping up? Even if Twilight protected it till the tiny planet died at the end of its life-span (which even for a planet was short in the grand scheme of things), it would still be nothing compared to the nearly endless stretches of time that would exist after Equestria had passed and was forgotten from this universe.

Twilight realized that, deep down, she didn’t really care. How could she? Did a pony care about the amoebas, so small they couldn’t even be seen, that they trod on every day? Did even the smallest ant care about all the paramecia it would outlive by several thousands of their life-times? No, they didn’t—and most of the time they didn’t even think about it. In fact, Twilight was increasingly starting to wonder why she herself was thinking about Equestria at all. After all, she was as far advanced beyond them now as they were beyond the unicellular life whose existence they didn’t even consider.

Twilight was in the Magic now, and if she stayed here she would outlive Equestria by several billion years. In the blink of an eye, their entire history could fade from the universe. There would be nothing Twilight could do to stop it in the long run, even having become more of an immortal than Luna or Celestia or even her last incarnations had ever been. So why even try?

“Because they need you,” Rarity said softly.

Twilight stopped, whirled around, and saw her there. The white unicorn with the curling purple mane and tail, standing in the void of space as if on solid ground. She glowed faintly, and Twilight could even see through her to the stars beyond.

Twilight glanced down to her armor and saw the Element of Generosity glowing, casting Rarity’s form like a magical projection. But Twilight could sense that this was no projection—a newborn foal could see that this was real. Rarity was really here.

“We’re all here, Twilight,” said Applejack, and Twilight turned to see that indeed they were—all six Elements of Harmony, having finally charged up again, were glowing brightly. Each of Twilight’s friends was projected from the Elemental gem they once bore just as Rarity was, all glowing, all transparent. “In fact, we always have been here. We helped you out every step of the way.”

“I know you did,” Twilight whispered, tears coming to her eyes. “Thank you. Thank you all.”

“It’s the least we could do for a friend who did everything she could to stop that big meanie Celestia and save Equestria!” Pinkie Pie piped up. “Hey, that rhymed!”

“No, Twilight,” Fluttershy said gently, yet firmly all at the same time. “Thank you. You saved Equestria, and you have laid us to rest.”

“What—wait, no!” Twilight called out desperately, realizing what her friends were really saying. “You can’t leave me! I can’t have come this far just to see you go—I can’t lose you, not again!”

“You never lost us,” Rainbow Dash smiled warmly. “We were always there with you—and we always will be. Right, girls?”

The rest firmly nodded.

“So will you go back to Equestria?” Rarity asked. “Will you complete your destiny like the Elements of Harmony want?”

“My destiny?” Twilight started, her tears quickly dissolving into rage. “My DESTINY?! My destiny got you all killed! It almost killed all of Equestria!”

“Celestia would’ve become Aeterna Nocte eventually had the Elements intervened or not,” Fluttershy explained. “We saw that on the other side—many things have been made known to us here. But when the Elements chose you to be the next Princess, they also knew you would stop her.”

“Without all this, as downright horrible as it all was, Equestria would’ve been devoured by that black hole,” Applejack added. “Celestia would’ve just grown worse and worse until all Equestria got eaten. But because of the Element’s intervention you stopped that.”

“Yeah, Twilight!” Rainbow Dash said enthusiastically. “You were awesome!”

“So I really don’t have a choice?” Twilight asked. “If the Elements want me to be Princess, I have to?”

“You don’t ‘have’ to, Twilight,” Pinkie informed. “But there’s lots of other rough things coming, stuff that Celestia and Luna wouldn’t have been able to save Equestria from, but that you can! And don’t worry, you’ll have lots of help!”

“Help?” Twilight echoed. “Who could help me more than you, my friends, could?”

“Nopony,” Rarity admitted. “But don’t worry—there’s a pleasant surprise coming. The Elements reward those who do what is right.”

“But why should I care at all?” Twilight wondered, going back to her original argument. “In here, in the Magic, I can see things so much more clearly. I can see that no matter what I do, Equestria will just die eventually anyway.”

“True,” Fluttershy smiled. “But without your help, it’ll never live the long, full life the Elements have planned for it.”

“Plus,” Applejack jumped in. “It doesn’t matter that everypony dies eventually, or even when they die. What matters is what they do with their life before then, and that they do what’s right—what counts the most.”

Twilight looked down at Equestria again, doomed to die, then back to the wonderful flow of Magic destined to exist as long as the universe itself did. But, Twilight realized, even that would come to an end, eventually. In the Magic, Twilight might be able to share in the lives of every living being in this universe, but she couldn’t interact with them all, couldn’t save them all from harm, and couldn’t ensure that they lived as long and full lives as possible—even if she lived throughout the history of the universe a billion times over.

But with Equestria, Twilight could count. There her presence could make a difference—Equestria was really the only place in all the universe that Twilight could do as much good as possible.

Besides, Twilight’s friends wanted her to, and she trusted them more than she trusted herself.

“I’ll do it,” Twilight announced. “I’ll go back.”

“We knew you’d make the right choice,” Rarity smiled. “And be on the lookout for a tall, handsome stallion, would you?”

“What?” Twilight exclaimed, taken aback—of all the things she thought to hear, that had literally been the least of them.

Before Twilight could ask her friends what they meant, they began to glow brighter, their features becoming blurred as each transformed into a flash of light. Each light took on the color and shape of the Elemental gem they had born in life, and circled Twilight before soaring up above her. Twilight watched them go…

…and come right back down again, zooming towards her. Twilight didn’t know whether to be afraid or jubilant, that this might mean her friends were coming back after all—until they slammed into Twilight, disappearing inside her with all the feeling of the impact of a freight train on an all-too-mortal pony, sending her careening back down to Equestria.

. . .

“…”

“...Twilight…”

“Twilight!”

“TWILIGHT!”

“What?!” Twilight jumped up, looking around her wildly, but somepony placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. Twilight looked up to see Discord, looking worriedly down at her, but brightening up when he saw that she was aware of her surroundings—which appeared to be a large, smoldering crater in the ground. “Discord, where am I, what happened?”

“You’re home,” the draconequus replied happily. “You defeated Aeterna Nocte and crash-landed right outside Canterlot, in a certain town I believe you’re well familiar with. Thankfully immortality kept you from being blown into bits and pieces on impact, but Sweet Apple Acres’ south field is going to have a hard time replanting in this area with a big hole in it.”

“Sweet Apple Acres?!” Twilight echoed. “I’m in Ponyville?!”

“The one and only,” Discord smiled. “And there are a few ponies I brought along who want to see you.”

Twilight looked up at the rim of the crater again. There, tentative eyes and ears were poking their heads over the side, wondering if it was safe or not to get any closer. Then two ponies and a baby dragon burst through the crowd, slid down the slope and tackled Twilight in an all-out hug.

“Oh, Twilight—”

“—we didn’t know what was going on—”

“—they told us you murdered your friends, but we knew it couldn’t be true—”

“—and then they locked us up and were about to kill us—”

“—but you saved us—”

“—and all of Equestria! All of the world!”

Twilight hugged her parents and Spike back with almost all her might (any more would’ve crushed them) and held them close, laughing and crying alongside them all at the same time.
They were safe, and so was all Equestria, and all the friends and families within it who could now remain together. That WAS something worth caring about.

. . .

“Ready?” Discord asked.

“No,” Twilight admitted. “But if my friends—and all Equestria—want me to do this, then I guess I have to.”

“You know that I of all creatures favor free will,” Discord told her. “So I wouldn’t blame you one bit for refusing. And I hardly doubt anypony else would think less of you for refusing either. Everypony did see you save all Equestria, after all—even from so far out in space such a big battle was clearly visible.”

“You’re right,” Twilight realized. “Even if the Elements want me to do this and will never leave me alone unless I do, I can still resist. It wouldn’t make life easy, but I’d still be free. But my friends were right—without a leader, Equestria will suffer, and they warned me that there were dangers ahead the ponies would need a leader to guide them through.

“And so even if I don’t want to be the next Princess, I do want to do the right thing—and the best thing I can do right now is becoming the Princess.”

“Spoken like a true leader,” Discord smiled. “The Elements chose well.”

“Let’s hope so,” Twilight gulped. “If Aeterna Nocte was just one danger, I’d hate to see what’s coming up after her. But no—even then, even though they’re gone, I won’t be alone. I’ll still have my friends. Always.”

“Always,” Discord agreed as Twilight put her hoof to her heart. “Shall we?”

“Let’s,” Twilight agreed, smiling back. Discord snapped his fingers and the royal red curtains of the newly rebuilt Canterlot palace opened. Twilight stepped out onto the balcony beyond, and the crowd below—thousands of ponies—roared with cheers. Twilight could even see the entire Apple family as well as the families of all her friends in the refurbished Royal Square, alongside Spike and the two proudest-looking parents Twilight had ever seen—hers.

Twilight, feeling more sheepish and embarrassed than she’d ever felt in her life, blushed furiously. The alicorn held up her hoof, and the crowd silenced immediately.

“Thank you, thank you all,” Twilight spoke, her voice magically amplified so that everypony in Canterlot heard it as if she was speaking in a normal tone right beside them. “I don’t really know what to say—I haven’t exactly done this before—but I do know this: I have experienced firsthoof alongside you all the tyrannical atrocities the previous rulers of Equestria enacted to suit their will and whimsy. I can promise you now that I shall never do the same—I shall stand by you through thick and thin, not just as your leader, but as a pony I hope you can all come to call your friend. After all, it is the bonds between us—it is love itself—that is the strongest thing in all the universe. It is strong enough to defeat tyranny, strong enough to defeat even death itself. After all, friendship is magic.”

The crowd erupted into cheers at the conclusion of Twilight’s short speech, and two royal pegasi guards (whom Twilight felt no ill-will towards, though she did relieve those who had held her back at Ponyville from duty) floated down to place a newly-made crown on Twilight’s head. This proved to be somewhat awkward at first, as Twilight realized with much embarrassment that she had forgotten to take off the Element of Magic’s tiara and the rest of the Elemental armor. But, when Twilight attempted to do just that, she found that she couldn’t. The armor and tiara seemed determined to stay on, despite Twilight’s attempts at even using magic to remove them.

Finally, both the pegasi guards and Twilight settled for simply placing the much larger crown over top of the Element of Magic, which in a flash of light that startled all present, fused with the first tiara to become a fully-fledged Elemental crown. That wasn’t all—the gem of the Element of Magic continued to glow brightly as everypony looked on, and the other gems on Twilight’s armor began to glow as well. The brightness grew to a blinding brilliance, and all present had to shield their eyes before the luminescence burst throughout Canterlot in all colors of the rainbow.

Twilight blinked her eyes uncertainly as the dancing lights slowly faded from her vision, only to see all of the ponies below staring open-mouthed up at her. And they seemed to be even farther below Twilight than they had been before.

Twilight looked down to see if she had started to float, but even if she had been, it wouldn’t be as big a shock as the one she received when she realized what had really happened. Twilight’s legs stretched down farther away from her than they ever had, making her taller, and a quick look behind her at her tight, thinner waist confirmed her fears and suspicions. A curtain of some shimmering, reflective smoke-like substance wafted in front of one of Twilight’s eyes, and she threw her head back in surprise to see it rise and fall right back down again, blowing as if in a wind that only affected her—it was here mane. Twilight saw the same phenomenon curling around her hind legs, and turned to see that her tail was now also made of the shimmering smoke.

“I knew it,” Discord smiled approvingly from the room behind the balcony. “You are now officially the Princess.”

And so she was. Twilight could feel it inside her, as if the title was now some integral part of her being just as much as her name was. She had accepted her destiny, and so she had become the Princess—there was no going back now.

But, Twilight knew, she didn’t want to. This was the right thing to do, and she wanted to do the right thing. Doing the right thing was the only thing worth doing at all.

“Ladies and gentlecolts,” announced the pegasi guards in unison. “We present to you Princess Twilight Sparkle!”

The crowd erupted into yet more cheers. Twilight could see even a few of them weeping joyfully—namely her parents and, trying unsuccessfully to hide his tears, Spike. And yet one particular pony caught her attention. Out of all present, this one simply stood and smiled, silently proud.

There wasn’t anything particularly remarkable about the tall, handsome stallion other than his unusual response—his coat was brown, his mane and tail the same color yet of a decidedly darker shade. His eyes were blue, and his cutie mark was an hourglass.

Twilight snapped herself out of staring and tried to review the crowd in turn, but her gaze kept drifting back to the peculiar pony. After the seventh time, she gave up and deliberately turned her gaze towards him only to find that he had vanished.

Who WAS that pony, and why couldn’t Twilight have kept her gaze off of him?

Wait, what was it that Rarity had said?

“Be on the lookout for a tall, handsome stallion, would you?” Rarity reminded Twilight.

Twilight jerked her head in the direction the sound had come from, but again saw nopony there. How could Rarity have even contacted Twilight at all anymore anyway? Hadn’t she been laid to rest?

“You okay?” inquired Discord, seeing Twilight’s confused look.

“Fine—I just, I think I’ll call it a day,” Twilight said, waving a final time before retreating from the balcony and closing the curtains behind her with her magic. “After all, I haven’t slept in over twenty-four hours.”

“Sleep is irrelevant for immortals,” Discord told her. “But we can sleep if we want to. I’ll see to your family and friends for you—I’m sure you’ll be wanting them to stay at the palace now if they don’t have other obligations, as I’m sure the Apples will insist they do. Nevertheless, I’ll tell them you want them to visit as often as possible, and that you’ll do the same to them.”

“Thanks, Discord,” Twilight smiled meaningfully, though she did indeed look tired.

“After that, I’ll be off,” Discord said almost sadly as Twilight made to go to her royal chambers.

“What?” Twilight asked, turning back around sharply.

“I’ve still got my own new kingdom to look for and start up,” Discord reminded her. “Celestia and Luna are gone. My time here in Equestria is over, thanks to you. I can never thank you enough for that, Twilight.”

Twilight walked towards Discord and wrapped her front legs around him, hugging him tightly.

“No, Discord,” Twilight thanked, a tear coming to her eye. “Thank you. I couldn’t have done it without you. I am truly happy to say we’re friends.”

“As am I,” Discord replied. “I’ll come back to visit someday. Who knows? If I am able to found my own new kingdom, perhaps it and Equestria can even become allies.”

“I’d like that very much,” Twilight agreed.

They hugged once more, and then the draconequus vanished.

Twilight sighed, though with a mixture of contentment as well as sadness. The new Princess trotted to her chambers, which had thankfully been closed off to the rest of the palace for now, and entered her bedroom.

“Hello, your majesty!”

Twilight jumped back at the sound, her horn glaring instinctively, only to be extinguished when she saw who had spoken.

“You’re that stallion from the crowd,” Twilight breathed, her heart racing, though she didn’t know why. “What are you doing here? How did you even get in here?”

“You’re not the only one who can teleport,” the earth pony smiled, and nodded his head to a large blue box Twilight hadn’t noticed before standing in the middle of her bedchamber. “Allow me to introduce myself. I am Doctor Whooves, at your service.”

“Pleased to meet you,” Twilight said uncertainly. Truth be told, she actually had wanted to meet the strange pony from the crowd—but now that he had shown up, and in such a way as she had never even imagined possible, the new Princess wasn’t quite sure what to say. “Is this box magic?”

Twilight strode over to the blue box, her longer legs bringing her there more quickly than Doctor Whooves could follow, though he arrived right alongside her all the same. Twilight poked her head in and gasped.

“It’s bigger on the inside!” Twilight breathed, her natural love of magic bursting into full effect. “I didn’t even know a spell for that existed! You must tell me how you devised it!”

“Oh, I didn’t build it,” Doctor Whooves admitted a little shakily. “In fact, it’s not technically mine. But I can show you how it works—how about a little test run?”

“Right now?” Twilight’s face lit up, but then fell just as quickly. “I’m afraid I have to decline, Doctor Whooves. I still need a bit of a rest before I meet my family and friends for dinner later on. Would you care to come?”

“I’d love to,” Doctor Whooves said eagerly. “But this box doesn’t just teleport—it travels through time as well as space. I can get you back here five minutes ago! There’ll be plenty of time to rest before dinner.”

“Really?” Twilight asked, eager herself to see such magic in action. “Wait—I want to know I’ll get back in time. Can you bring us back right…now?”

“Certainly,” said Doctor Whooves’ voice, though the brown earth pony Twilight was facing hadn’t spoken. Twilight and Doctor Whooves turned to see another Doctor Whooves, looking like an exact replica of the first. There was even an identical blue box behind the Doctor. “Come on out, everypony, and say hello to the past!”

When everypony did, Twilight gasped. Striding out of the second blue box was none other than herself.

“You’re in for the adventure of a lifetime,” said the other Twilight, smiling. “And the Doctor keeps telling us that it’s only the first of many. Don’t worry—these little adventures take no time at all. You’ll have plenty of time for all your Princess duties, and besides, it’s a great way to get the family to bond.”

“‘Family?’” the first Twilight, who correctly assumed that she was the Twilight of the past while she was speaking to the Twilight of the future, echoed. “What do you mean, ‘family?’”

“Oh boy, we’re home!” exclaimed a voice that Twilight truly hadn’t expected to ever hear again—though with the way her life was going, she supposed she shouldn’t really be surprised with the impossible anymore. Only the voice was different somehow, as if it was younger.

A rainbow blur dashed out of the other blue box, smacking right into the other Twilight.

Twilight’s jaw dropped.

“It’s…it’s…” past-Twilight tried to say, but was unable to make the words come.

“Oh, they’re all here,” smiled future-Twilight warmly. “Come on out, kids!”

And so they did. Four others, all alicorns, all fillies. In addition to the cyan child with the rainbow mane and tail, out trotted a poised-looking white filly with a curling purple mane and tail, a shy-looking creamy yellow young mare with pink hair decorated with flowers, a freckled orange alicorn wearing a Stetson hat over her flaming mane and tail, and finally a vivacious pink mare with curling cotton-candy hair.

“I don’t think we need to tell you what we named them,” the other Doctor said. “After all, why not just give them the names they enjoyed in their first lives?”

“You mean…they didn’t leave?” past-Twilight whispered, tears of joy welling up in her eyes. “They came back?”

“The Elements did want your friends to rule alongside you as fellow alicorn Princesses,” the other Twilight explained. “And now they can. And let me tell you—quintuplets aren’t easy to raise, but I wouldn’t trade them for anything in the universe.”

“Neither would I,” the first Twilight smiled through her tears.

“Is this the time when Daddy asked Mommy out on their first date?” inquired the pink alicorn. “Or the time he took her to save all Equestria from an unspeakable evil that made Aeterna Nocte look like a pushover?”

“Probably both,” both Doctors said at once, and then laughed in perfect unison.

Twilight blushed, but her heart raced with excitement all the same.

“Wait—if you’re the ponies we’re going to become, and you have my reincarnated friends as children in the future…” past-Twilight realized. “Then we have to get started right away!”

It was the first Doctor’s turn to blush this time.

“I meant with the adventures!” Twilight snapped, but was smiling at the same time. “Come on!”
The first Twilight rushed into the first blue box, the first Doctor Whooves close behind her. The doors closed, and the box vanished.
The future Princess Twilight Sparkle and her husband, the future Doctor Whooves, gathered up their family into a group hug. They smiled.

. . .

Comments ( 46 )

Once again, I am first.
And I don't even use email notifications. I just spend way too much time on this site looking around. (Just happened to catch it in the "Updated Stories" tab on the main page, saw it had 5 chapters, and became happy.)

This chapter is a nice ending to a brilliant fic. My only issue is that it's pretty short with a mere five chapters, but then again I read FO:E in four days so everything is "pretty short" for me. :rainbowwild:

LOL @ The rest of the Mane 6 being reincarnated as Twi's daughters. LOL @ The Doctor x Twilight. (For once, a straight pairing!) You sir are an amazing author. Not the best (personally I think the best is Kkat, for writing FO:E) but still AMAZING.

Man, what a great story, wonderful writing and a great story arch, good show. A bit confusing near the end with all the different Twilights, but it was a fun read.

MOAR MOAR MOAR MOAR MOAR MOAR MOAR MOAR MOAR MOAR MOAR MOAR

I did have a possible sequel in mind, in case anypony was interested...

:derpyderp1: epic twist, i love this fic :twilightsmile:

FIRING ORBITAL MOAR CANNON MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR:flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage:

242798 You can easily plot out what happened between the "Now" and the "Future" with the rest of the Alicorned Mane Six. I'd be more then happy to see that.

242798

Interested? Totally.

Dat ending.

This is now my favorite fanfic! :pinkiehappy:

Tracked, Will read later. Looks very interesting.

I'm so glad I read this. IT'S SO STINKIN' GOOD! You made me cry...:fluttercry:

242798 You. Must. Make. Sequel.

242798

A sequel is very much desired.

I rate this story :moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache: (out of 5:moustache:)

242798

Must. Has. MOAR!

Doo eet. Doooo eeeet...

NAO!!

I quite liked the story till the end. While, I like how Twi had the Elements as fillies, I cannot stand Dr. Whooves inserts. Dunno why, but I just don't like the pairing of ponies/dr whooves. I guess it's because of how overused it is in fanfics and how he came out of freakin nowhere at the end of the story. I do, however, like how you didn't have him come in and fix everything. I won't lie, if that had happened, I'd have just dropped this story right off and down voted it. Long story short, Liked the story disliked the ending. Still getting a good rating for the majority though.

Edit: I'm also kinda biased as far as Mane Six ships go. I dislike M/Twi ships, but that had no basis on the Dr. Whooves thing. (I cannot stand TwiMac ships. Oh god kill them with fire.)

Meeeeeeh. I like thinking that alicorns are pretty damn powerful, but going TTGL level god-mode? Meeeeh.

I understand you wanted to have all 6 bearers of the Elements rule together, but frankly you didn't have to. Especially not with a forced Doctor Whooves appearance :ajsleepy: I really felt he had absolutely nothing to do in this story. Honestly, I would've prefered it just ended with her coronation and maybe, just maybe, a hint that there could be potential romance with a subject.

God-mode-I'm-One-With-The-Universe I can tolerate and, to an extent, enjoy, but that ending kinda killed it for me. :twilightoops:

Still gave it a like because I read all 5 chapters in one go, which I usually don't do, and because 99 is a really crappy number :rainbowlaugh:

wow, great ending, though twilight surely realizes now that nothing is truly immortal since as she herself pointed out, even magic would end when the time came for the universe. a touch sad there but who can say how long eternity is hm? lol

347750 eternity is a long time... especially near the end:P

I love this story and hope for another from you love it hope you write a sequel

I know it's a little late, but here's an illustration I drew for the tale. Just follow the link!

http://namelessnuthyng.deviantart.com/#/d4uvyt8

so awesome story, i will never get why i dont read these stories sooner; they are my favorite after all

some thing i like to do is rewrite the endings of chapters.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
as twilight sparkle was so distracted, she did not notice yet another very important pony in the crowd. then again, you can't blame her that she didn't. he was what resembled a stallion, yet kept changing. despite his odd appearance, no one noticed him. he smiled. then he seemed to fizzle out of reality. it starts to rain.

best story ever:heart:

I think I am quite ready for another adventure!

What a odd ending....

This is way too unpopular.
And it is one of the most popular stories I've read today.

this was the best Twi-beats-Tia-and-becomes-the-new-princess fic I have read so far :pinkiehappy:

IMHO Dr. Whooves is completely irrelephant to that ending :facehoof:
Still, great story; a refreshing change from the usual "twilight is now a princess and now will be sad for the rest of eternity :fluttercry:", also kinda sad that Celestia and Luna lost their marbles, but still 5 :rainbowkiss: out of 5

Wait, if Twilight could go back in time, why not just go back and stop this all before it started. I mean couldn't she just go back in time and kill Celestia and Luna before they wreaked all this havoc? :applejackconfused:

cried at the elements talking to twilight part:fluttercry: SO SAD!!!!!!!:raritycry::raritycry::raritycry::raritycry::raritycry::raritydespair::raritydespair::raritydespair::raritydespair::raritydespair::raritydespair::raritydespair::raritydespair::raritydespair: that was truly phenomenal..... thank you

denver.mylittlefacewhen.com/media/f/img/mlfw1858-132431147462.png

905966
Because that would change history which at this moment would probably be a fixed point in time, and changing it would cause the reapers to appear to fix stuff. Sorry, Dr who rant over.
Great fic. If only I could like it more than once...

I don't often voice my opinions on a fic but it was great until Dr. Whooves ruined it for me. Don't hate me for it but I really do not like surprise Dr. Whooves inserts, really takes the immersion factor and throws it into the sun. (pun intended)

God damn it. I was this close to favoriting this story, bur... that ending. :ajbemused: Seriously? :ajbemused:

Personally, I liked the ending. if only you ended more stories. Instead of cancelling them.

Read this on FF.net and had a look at this one to see any differences.... can't see any so... still same old shit story

This story....so much action....and the ending was kinda confusing. I don't know whether to like or not cast a vote at all...

....I...uh....I got nothing

YES, My prediction WAS CORRECT!!:twilightsmile:

......Interesting ending, although it reminded me of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. The 4th and 5th book, I mean, I had no idea what the actual FUCK was happening.

7803846

Hello, and thank you for commenting on the story.

This was my first piece of pony fiction upon my introduction to the show, fandom, and largely to writing prose in general. I will be the first to admit that this story doesn't make sense. To be honest, I personally hate this story. I would never have written it knowing all that I have learned up to this day. The only reason I leave it up at all is because it draws viewers and, hopefully, it will entice them to take a look at my newer, more educated work.

Well the ending was....weird....but not the weirdest.

I love Happy endings! :fluttercry:

Login or register to comment