• Published 9th Mar 2013
  • 9,080 Views, 10,169 Comments

Innavedr - Imploding Colon



A broken party of friends struggles to reunite. Rainbow Dash continues to fly east.

  • ...
44
 10,169
 9,080

PreviousChapters Next
Sorry, Wrong Armory

Pestiferous couldn't find room to hiss; her face was full of pegasus.

The mutated mare's skull spun left and right from each blow of Rainbow's dual blades. Grunting and snarling, Rainbow Dash viciously punished her the entire time they collectively fell. Soon, they were plunging into the center of the dense armory, crashing through racks of spears, shields, and blades. Pestiferous' metal-laced body formed a crater. Rainbow's body...

She was propelled off of Pestiferous and into a backwards cannonball. Firing her thrusters, Rainbow managed to even herself out at the last second. She hovered in reverse, panting, staring at rising dust from Pestiferous' landing. After several breaths in time, there was no movement from her foe. Rainbow Dash landed on the ground with a relaxed sigh—

"Hraaaauckht!" Pestiferous lunged at Rainbow Dash, scurrying upside down across the floor like a gigantic spider crab.

Rainbow positively squeaked and raised her dull swords in front of her.

With one back-hoofk, Pestiferous shattered the blades to bits. Her metal forelimb knocked Rainbow up high.

Rainbow Dash twirled towards the ceiling. Through the corner of her vision, she caught several flickering manalights. Reaching her hoof out, she hooked her forelimb around what turned out to be a metal chandelier. Her momentum carried her in a full swing, and soon she was looping back on the light fixture. With the aid of her suit's rockets, she sailed straight back down at Pestiferous in a murderous drop-kick. "Yaaaaaaa—"

Pestiferous merely gabbed her in a pair of torso-pinchers and body-slammed Rainbow to the ground.

"Ufff!" Rainbow lost the wind from her lungs. "Figured," she sputtered, then gasped to see the sharp elbows of Pestiferous' segmented forelimbs sailing down at her. Rainbow fired her thrusters, lifted up in time to dodge the attack, and twisted in a circle, all the while maintaining a vice-like grip on Pestiferous' torso prosthetics. With a sickening snap, Rainbow successfully ripped the metal feelers from the Top Spear's armored body.

"Graaaaughkkkt!" Pestiferous stumbled backwards, her armor leaking precious crystal pony blood from deep cavities within the chestpiece.

Rainbow Dash saw it. She glanced down at the twitching pinchers in her grasp. With a grunt, she dove at Pestiferous and attempted to shove the metallic claws into the open gashes.

Pestiferous kneed Rainbow in the chest with a rising leg joint. She then gripped Rainbow by the back of her armor, suplexed her twice against the floor, and flung her—snarling—towards a pile of stacked armor along the edge of the room.

With a voice cracking yell, Rainbow Dash disappeared into the mountain of bucklers and armored plates. After a few seconds, she burst out the other side with a shield aimed directly at Pestiferous' skull.

"Hckkkt—Aaaugh!" Pestiferous stumbled back as Rainbow slammed the disc repeatedly across the metal mare's skull at the full force of her rocketing glide. The pegasus finished with a sweep of Pestiferous' lower legs. The Top Spear fell back onto the floor, writhing like an enormous cockroach. Rainbow hadn't stopped; she was busy yanking Pestiferous rear leg up, hoisting it over to her damaged chest, and jabbing the hooked end of the limb straight into the exposed bit of armor.

Pestiferous let loose a long, wailing yell into her mask. Seeing red, she slapped Rainbow off her and hoisted her antenna from the back of her neck. The manarifle mounted to the nozzle twisted, turned, and fired a steady stream of green energy at the nimble figure.

Rainbow flew wide around the room, her ears twitching at the sound of the bright emerald laser eating into the tables, walls, weapon racks, and lockers of the armory surrounding them. By the time the laser chased Rainbow's circling figure into a line of mana-cores, an enormous explosion rocked the dim interior of Searo's Hold.

"Rrrrghh!" Pestiferous stumbled up to her hooves, wheezing into the spread of dust and embers. She squinted, for a bright gray light was wafting in from the side of the room that had exploded.

Rainbow saw it too; and she gasped. A chunk of the outside world shimmered in all its liberating glory. The Top Spear had unwittingly blown a hole open in the belly of Searo's Hold. "Sweet! It was a nice party and all, paleface, but I gotta jet!" Rainbow throttled towards the hazy opening looming before her...

...at least before Pestiferous' gangly body landed with a threatening thud before her, blocking Rainbow's way. "Not today, coward!" She lifted one foot directly in Rainbow's face.

With a metallic clang, Rainbow Dash fell hard and ground into the floor. One of Pestiferous metal appendages came down on the pegasus hard, gripping her with titanic strength. Rainbow hissed and winced for breath as she was raised high before the sickly mare's looming gaze.

"All you've had on your sssssshide hasssssh been luck..." Pestiferous mucousy eyes narrowed as she grumbled. "If it weren't for poniessssssh like you, thissssssh world would know perfection. It would know the unforgiving thirsssssssht for blood..."

"Nnnngh..." Rainbow Dash's face grimace beneath her helmet. "You talk big for an oversized tick..."

"I sssssshall cleansssshe Searo's country of poniesssssh too frail to bring the goddesssssh true glory..." In one swift motion, Pestiferous yanked Rainbow's mask off, exposed her prismatic cranium, and aimed the manarifle of her antenna between the pegasus' ruby eyes. "Starting with you..."

"Heh..." Rainbow grinned devilishly in spite of her strain. "Go on. Take the shot... if you're mare enough..."

Pestiferous' eyes twitched. Nevertheless, she hissed, "A mossssssht curiousssssh runt. I will be thinking much of your wordsssssh long after I've eaten your heart." The rifle pulsed with bright emerald and fired.

Holding her breath, Rainbow Dash yanked her body backwards. She positioned herself so that the green laser flew entirely into the body of her pendant's ruby lightning bolt. The Element of Loyalty flickered all over with green, strobed, and fired the beam straight back out—this time laced with ruby energy.

"Graaa-aaauchkt!" Pestiferous shrieked, her face engulfed in righteous energy.

Rainbow's eyes flickered red-on-yellow for the briefest of moments. She overcame the dizziness in time to knock Pestiferous' limb off her body with otherworldly strength. Then, not pausing to breathe, she rocketed up to the back of Pestiferous head, mounted her shoulders, and wrestled for control of the antenna mounted manarifle. The Top Spear thrashed and roared underneath her; she fired the manarifle at random, hoping to blow a hole through the pegasus at point blank.

With a shout of her own for strength, Rainbow Dash managed to hoist the rifle so that it tilted away from her. The heavy laser carved a ravine through the floor of the armory, until it fatefully burned its way into the mana-powered helmet lying discarded on the floor. The device Imre had crafted for Rainbow overloaded, and much like the half-blade's armorpiece that Rainbow Dash had utilized in the arena, its mana conduits ruptured.

The resulting explosion blew the two ponies back, back, back, towards the light. Rainbow Dash gasped, for soon gravity was taking over. She tried to rocket away, but Pestiferous' angry limbs were getting tangled with hers. All of the sudden, the two fell out the gash of Searo's Hold in a heap of metal and flesh, plummeting towards the snow-pelted ravine that loomed far below.

PreviousChapters Next