• Published 9th Mar 2013
  • 9,076 Views, 10,169 Comments

Innavedr - Imploding Colon



A broken party of friends struggles to reunite. Rainbow Dash continues to fly east.

  • ...
44
 10,169
 9,076

PreviousChapters Next
Progressing Like Molasses

"Bah! The floor is a carpet of horse horse! The darkness is no friendly domain to Floydien's friendship!"

"Just step carefully and... uhm..." Ebon's voice muttered nervously. "...aim your antlers in front of you. That way you won't trip."

"Spit all over this! Spit says Floydien!"

"Er... yeah..." Ebon's body trotted over to join Pilate within the doorframe to the outer hallway. "So, is the coast clear?"

"Clear, yes, but the storm's hardly over." Pilate aimed O.A.S.I.S. down either side of the corridor. "There's no way we can make this much noise and chaos and incur some kind of reaction, no matter how dark it may be."

"Right, and between the enforcers and Nightshade's cronies..."

"We'd better get moving."

"Yes," Ebon said. "But where?"

"Well, the elevator shaft totally got the shaft!" Props' voice sang.

"Gaaaah! Nnnngh—Darn it!" Ebon turned and frowned towards the soundstone outside the room. "Every flippin' time!"

"Wait, what's this about the elevator, Miss Props?"

"Well, when the elevator went whoopsy it took a big dumpsy."

"Eh?"

Clark's voice rose in clarity. "Excuse me, gentlecolts. In her usual eloquence, Props is trying to tell you that the collapse of the elevator car blocked the planned route of your escape."

"Well, that's not good!" Ebon exclaimed as Simon and Floydien emerged into the hallway beside them. "There's no other way down into the basement 'cuz the ponies here at Nightshade Industries want the tunnel to the hangar kept secret!"

"What if we tried climbing down the shaft?" Pilate asked.

"Mr. Pilate, that's a charming idea," Clark's voice said. "But we are talking about over fifteen floors of climbing through questionable wreckage with very little time on our hooves."

"Yeah!" Props rang forth. "The ponies up there want you deader than possums! Y'know... like the dead kind?"

"Well, we can't very well just sit here to think," Pilate muttered.

"Pilate, think about it, can we really fit Floydien's antlers through the elevator shaft, much less two stallions and a squirrel? All at once?"

"Too many voices and too few boomers!" Floydien grunted. "What complication spits in pony heads? Trouble with reaching Nancy Jane?"

"No, Mr. Floydien, do not worry," Pilate insisted, waving his hooves towards the large figure. "We simply need to... come up with an alternative route!"

"And fast!" Ebon breathily insisted.

"The path to shines is dark. Brighten it with glimmer, Floydien thinks, yes yes?"

"Huh?" Ebon stammered.

"Who's that speaking? Sounds sexy!

Ebon turned to the sound stone. "Props, hang on." He turned back to the rescued prisoner. "Floydien, I don't know what you have in mind, but we gotta do this quietly."

"Is too late for whispering boomers in the neck of stabby stabby. Glimmer in life or glimmer in death. Only one leads to Nancy Jane and boomer freedom forever flying."

"Look, we want to get to your beloved! But you have to trust us!"

"I think we should move," Pilate grumbled, then trotted up against the sound stone. "Miss Props?!"

"Mareshi mareshi!"

"We're going to need help finding a way to reach you and Mr. Clark, underground. Are there any other sound stones on this floor?"

"Uhhhhhhhhhhhh... nope. Oh, wait! Erm... Oh, right. Never mind. There's no quantity less than zero. Too bad, cuz I'd love to fly negative two hundred feet per second! Heeheee!"

Ebon Mane sighed. "Guess we're on our own."

"Not necessarily." Pilate grunted and started kicking and bucking at the sound stone.

"What are you doing?" Ebon asked.

"Taking... Props... With us...!" With one last buck, the zebra snapped the sound stone loose. He sacanned the floor beneath with him with O.A.S.I.S., found the shard, then slipped it between his coat and his choker. "Alright. I suppose we'll have to test the range on this thing."

"Heeeeee! I'm a zebra accessory!"

"Do not wander off too far, my little ponies," Clark's voice said. "We are endeavoring to reach the same destination, after all..."

"Duly noted." Pilate spun around. "Ebon? Floydien?"

"Jeez, that's bright!" Ebon wheezed.

"Huh? What is—?" Pilate's gasped in mid speech, for he lost all "vision" whatsoever. A tremendous power surge was bursting from O.A.S.I.S.

In the background, both stallions could hear Floydien shouting. "Stabbicrabs! The salad and the croutons of filth be eating with you!" At the end of his warcry, a thunderous salvo crackled across the hallway. Pilate went dizzy as he felt his senses flying along with a beam of mana, sailing into a thick line of uniformed stallions holding tasers and flashlights. Their bodies went sprawling to the ground, and so did Pilate's, several yards back.

"Augh!" He trembled before feeling Ebon's hooves helping him back up. "By the Spark, Mr. Floydien! You know how I feel about you using my manasphere as a junction for your weapon!"

"But the sanctity of Floydien and Nancy Jane have they out-glimmered—!"

"And you're angry! Yes! I understand! But I will not be an accessory to killing!" Pilate snarled, the runes on his metal brow flickering. "If they must be dispensed with, then have Simon throttle them into unconsciousness, for all that I care!"

"Most shining idea of bright bright has striped boomer given Floydien!" Floydien's body came into focus, flinging a hoof towards the distant, recuperating guards. "Simon! Serve unto stabby stabby the meal of righteous righteousing!"

"No—Wait!" Pilate hissed, wincing. "I didn't mean..."

With a shrill bark, the rodent bounded down the hall, dodged shots from mana rifles, and jumped to perform a telekinetic burst from mid-air. The building groaned from bent and broken steel as a wave of destruction swam towards the shrieking ponies. They ran backwards, scrambling to flee the unworldly creature.

"Run! Run as far as stabby stabby cares to gallop!" Floydien's hooves clamored after them. "Simon is on your plot like summer rot!"

"Good heavens..." Pilate's ears drooped.

"Uhm..." Ebon's jaw curved in a grin as he helped the other stallion hobble down the hall after them. "I wouldn't want to be on the fragrant end of this tall can of oats you've just opened, buddy..."

"I fear I have made a grave mistake," Pilate slurred as they rounded the shattered corner.

"Heehee! Hey guys! What's this I hear about 'plot rot?!' Sounds like you're all having a party!"

PreviousChapters Next