• Published 9th Mar 2013
  • 9,075 Views, 10,169 Comments

Innavedr - Imploding Colon



A broken party of friends struggles to reunite. Rainbow Dash continues to fly east.

  • ...
44
 10,169
 9,075

PreviousChapters Next
Dash of Anger

Bellesmith gasped. Bellesmith sputtered. Her eyes opened, brimming with tears. Something foggy was scratching at her ears: a sound, an echo, a voice. Voices. Bodies were shifting towards her right. Everything was dark and cold.

She sat up, her every muscle electrified. She brought a hoof up to her horn-stub; it was smoking. A cable dangled, affixed to her cranium. She plucked it loose with a shower of sparks.

The burst of light illuminated black metal bulkheads with iron rivets surrounding her like a golem's stomach. The world teetered as the voices to her right came into clarity.

Belle glanced aside. She was sitting atop a metal slab, and across the way lay Nightshade, writhing in the throes of tortured sleep. Two ponies in company uniforms hovered over her, fiddling with the instrument panel of the sequencing machine looming over her mattress.

“She's going into shock again!”

“Bring her out!”

“I'm trying! She's locked between spheres and—Wait!”

“What is it?”

“I think she's coming to, finally!”

Belle bit her lip. She looked straight ahead.

A metal door with a valve lingered before her. Something was pounding and scraping against the other side, filling noisy reverberations through the metal room.

Belle looked to her left.

A bright chamber—sealed off by a sheet of metal reinforced glass—showed all twelve Xonan foals sitting in their respective chairs, their skulls hooked up to glowing gables.

Belle spun on the bed and looked behind her. She saw a table with Princess Luna's saddlebag lying open, its contents spread out across the metallic surface. Affixed to the wall, above the table, were two metal fire extinguishers.

She glanced at the two soldiers; their backs were facing her. She slowly slithered off the bed and over towards the wall where her things lay.

“Careful! We have to prevent a rapid disconnect!”

“What's causing it? I didn't bring her up. Did you?”

Belle grabbed one of the fire extinguishers. On silent hooves, she trotted over towards the pair of uniformed ponies.

“The server is still functioning. The twelve are still sequenced.”

“Then how did she come out of sequence... unless...”

One of them turned around—

“Nnnngh!” Belle swung the fire extinguisher with the force of both forelimbs.

The stallion swung from the impact. A pair of loose teeth rattled across the floor. The second charged at Belle. She spun, dodged his blow, and slammed the extinguisher so hard over his spine that the nozzle broke off, filling the room with a bright white mist.

The window to the room with the twelve foals fogged up. A door beside it opened, and a stallion's body came bursting through.

“Madame?! What's going on in here!? Are you alright?” A bright taser lit the room like a floating buoy. “Madame Nightshade?”

A golden body stalked him from the shadowed corner of the room. With a rasping shriek, Belle launched herself at the figure, attacking it like a chaos creature in mountain mists. She grabbed onto his neck and held on for dear life. Startled, he thrashed and bucked to get her off. Belle's eyes twitched, as if touched with a ruby shine, and she dragged her hooves against the floor just enough to get traction. Then, with an animalistic growl, she body-slammed him through the sequencing bed like a meaty minotaur through a pile of lumber.

The stallion rolled to the side, lying unconscious besides the other two ponies. As the extinguisher expelled the last of its contents, the cold gases faded, just in time for Nightshade's eyes to flutter open.

With a pained wince, she hugged herself, as if making sure her body was intact. She sat up, hyperventilating, eventually calming as the shadows of the room enfolded her with a familiar embrace. Gulping, she blinked, then scanned the interior of the room.

She saw the fogged glass, a shattered table, her unconscious guards, and then a snarling golden muzzle flying into her face.

Bellesmith headbutted her savagely.

Nightshade flew back against the bulkhead, rattled, and rolled off the mattress. She teetered on the side, painfully dangling from the sequencing cable's attachment to her horn stub.

Belle ripped the cable off, then hoisted the gasping mare up in a merciless headlock. All Nightshade could manage was a guttural squeak as she struggled for breath.

This didn't stop Belle from growling into her ear, “Yes, this is real.” Her voice cracked, “It's as real as you've made it, and as real as you're going to end it.”

“How... h-how did you...?”

Belle yanked Nightshade out of her words and snarled, “Where... am... I?”

PreviousChapters Next