• Published 9th Mar 2013
  • 9,076 Views, 10,169 Comments

Innavedr - Imploding Colon



A broken party of friends struggles to reunite. Rainbow Dash continues to fly east.

  • ...
44
 10,169
 9,076

PreviousChapters Next
Faces of Phoenix

The grinding noise hit a fever pitch, and at last the door to the control room snapped open. After a falling shower of sparks, three armored stallions trotted briskly into the room, hovering managuns trained alongside their squinting faces. Their glowing horns bathed the small compartment in shimmering color as they swept their weapons left and right.

It was empty.

The lead stallion in Nightshade colors glanced all about the corners. He took a deep breath and lowered his weapon. "Clear."

Two more guards trotted in, followed by Sir Ordo and an engineer or two. The ponies looked about the room in dumb silence.

"I... I do not understand," Sir Ordo stammered. "If there's nopony inside here, then where..."

"Sir!" One of the guards called out as he fiddled with the closed door on the other side. "It's locked!"

"No doubt they're using this place as a buffer to block us from the chamber with the ring team," said the lead guard. He turned around. "You're certain that you didn't see a single soul?"

"No!" Ordo exclaimed, frowning. "Where in Spark's name could they even have come from?! This place is supposed to be sealed tight from the rest of the building—"

The guard was too busy glancing up above Ordo's head. He gasped. "Get down—!" He tried raising his gun.

A blast of telekinesis flew across the room, knocking the first three guards to the floor.

Ordo spun around and gasped. Phoenix's body was purched on the the top of the open doorframe. With a snarling breath, the maneless mercenary leapt down and bucked Ordo hard across the chest.

"Ooof!" Ordo flew across the room and collapsed through a chair.

Two guards to Phoenix's left charged him.

He spun, twirling his levitating metal pipes across one face and uppercutting a second. Grunting, he heaved one body over his shoulder and launched him hard into the wall, shaking the foundation of the room.

The first three guards got back up, and the lead stallion charged across the room with a roar. He plowed into Phoenix, sending the two of them slamming against an instrument panel. The guard got the upper hoof on the Franzington soldier and unsheathed a sparkling taser to slam into his skull. Phoenix brought a hoof up between the guard's gut, then headbutted him viciously while he was reeling.

The other two stood up with managuns trained. They aimed, squinting to hit Phoenix's figure from afar.

Phoenix spun the lead guard's body around and hugged him from behind like a living shield. He shuffled sideways, tossing his metal bludgeons one at a time—followed by the stallion's taser—at the guards.

They ducked and dodged the projectiles. They stood up straight once more, aiming their guns—then collectively gasped as the stallion's body was flung mercilessly at them. All three collapsed like sacks of meat against the sealed door of the room.

Phoenix exhaled heavily, drenched in sweat. He spun around, only to receive the massive left hook of an angry pony's hoof. The other two guards had gotten up, and they were joined by the Nightshade engineering crew, forming a violent pile atop Phoenix's struggling body.

"Get him! Get him!" Ordo grunted, spitting blood as he cowered behind the fragments of a chair. "Knock his teeth out!"

PreviousChapters Next