• Published 9th Mar 2013
  • 9,079 Views, 10,169 Comments

Innavedr - Imploding Colon



A broken party of friends struggles to reunite. Rainbow Dash continues to fly east.

  • ...
44
 10,169
 9,079

PreviousChapters Next
Another Bad Feeling

With a gasp, Pilate jumped onto the street's floor, nearly tripping off the platform of shattered steel as it landed. Ebon steadied him and forced the two into a swift gallop, following the body of Floydien and his little furry companion.

"Mr. Floydien! Wh-where'd you go?!"

"Around the street corner," Pilate muttered between panting breaths. The noises of the city overwhelmed his twitching ears. "I can sense him... barely..."

"Gosh dang it... we gotta put bells on his flank or something. Floydien!" Ebon swung himself and Pilate around the street corner and shouted, "We gotta stay together—Whoacrap!" He forced himself and Pilate to duck as the splintery frame of a merchant vendor crashed off the wall just inches above them.

"The next stabby stabby who makes ugly ugly at Floydien will get to digest concrete!" Floydien hissed. Bodies of frightened citizens ran off in every direction. "This far from glimmer hole Floydien has not crawled to become an attraction of sideways showing!"

"Floydien! Rein in Simon, will ya?!" Ebon shouted. "Between you and the little nut-grabber, this place is going to fall apart!"

"Good for those who stand with those! Let them dissolve in the spit!"

"Nancy Jane, Floydien!" Pilate suddenly grunted. "Nancy Jane!"

Floydien jolted, flinched, then sighed. "Simon, it bring great benefit to Floydien and boomer friends if you brought great holes to the sewer."

"Huh?!" Ebon Mane stammered.

"I believe he's aware of the underground chambers beneath this maretropolis," Pilate said.

"Yeah, but Props and Clark are blocks away from us by now... in a concealed corridor of all places! How in the heck are we gonna get to them?!"

"Between Simon, Floydien, my manasphere, and Props' assistance, I'm quite certain we can come up with... a.... solution..." Pilate's words trailed off.

Ebon pivoted towards him, worrisomely. "What is it?"

Pilate gulped. "Whatever we do, we need to do it now." O.A.S.I.S. fluctured faster and faster, causing the zebra to wince from aching pulses to the skull. "Nnnng... Floydien! Please... we must make haste...!"

"I don't get it... What's..." Ebon tilted his head up, gasping.

Pilate spoke through a grimace. "No doubt you see the enforcers descending upon us..."

"Floydien! Move! Hurry! Start blasting holes and such!"

"The such that you desire is up to Simon and such!" Floydien growled back. "Fear not, boomers, for I do believe we have struck ourselves a marehole!"

"A what?!"

"Mixed spit. Floydien apologizes. Forwith, Simon of thunder paws!"

There were three long barks... and then...

The buildingfronts rang with thunder. Several plates of glass cracked and shattered from the enormous wave of noise. As the chaos cleared, Pilate sensed a gaping hole in the street, leading to a hollow passage about thirty feet below. It was large enough for three equines to slip through.

"Well, that works..." Ebon gulped. "Doesn't it?"

"Floydien's antlers would prefer otherwise, but if it suits boomers, it suits Floydien." Simon's body scurried down the hole, meanwhile Floydien gestured with a cloven hoof. "Hurry! Striped one and sailor one!"

Pilate looked confused as Ebon led him to the hole. "'Sailor' one?"

A groaning voice replied. "You obviously can't see my cutie mark."

"Er..."

"It's a long story. Hop to it!" Ebon bucked Pilate in the flank.

"Gaaah!" Pilate fell, twirled, toppeled, and landed in a splashing bath of sewer water. He bobbed up to the surface, sputtering and wincing. He heard a falling shout, then felt the body of Ebon crashing beside him. Simon chirped, clinging to the curved corridor's wall beside them. "Sppkkt... mmmffgh... Fl-Floydien!" Pilate tilted his head up and shouted up the vertical shaft made by Simon's telekinesis. "Hurry down! Quick!"

"Floydien will do better than that! Floydien will make the hole stab-proof as Floydien descends!"

"Sure! Whatever! Just come on down!" Ebon yelled.

"Eeeyugh! It stinks down there!" Props' voice said.

"Yes, well, desperate times call for desperate—" Pilate stopped, and both he and Ebon paused to gawk at the sound stone pinned beneath his choker.

PreviousChapters Next