• Published 9th Mar 2013
  • 9,074 Views, 10,169 Comments

Innavedr - Imploding Colon



A broken party of friends struggles to reunite. Rainbow Dash continues to fly east.

  • ...
44
 10,169
 9,074

PreviousChapters Next
Nose So Bright

"Mmmm... Spit." The sound of crashing wooden crate reverberated across the gondola. "Mmmmm... Spit." A bag of rattling tools fell overboard. "Hmmmm... More spit." This time, glass shattered.

Pilate winced, positioned on a seat of some sorts. The platform beneath him swayed, and he heard the grinding of ropes tied to a levitating dirigible directly overhead. "Uhm... Mister... uh... Mister Floydien, sir?"

"Mmmmf... The spittest of spits." Another crate smashed into the body of the Ledomaritan tower, its impact punctuated by what could best be described as a stifled cat scream. "Floydien thinks this skipper is smelling all over of stabby stabby. A nose should not know so much fail."

"Sir, if I could just—"

"Especially a red nose."

Pilate seethed, leaning blindly forward as he furrowed his brow for emphasis. "I think it would be in our best interest if you just gave me back my manasphere and let us part ways."

Just then, the sound of rummaging stopped. It became icy still, save for the distant groans of mana-throttled enforcers far down below.

Pilate could hear his breaths lingering.

After a scuffle of cloven hooves, the voice emanated from just in front of him. "Striped boomer no longer seeks his beloved?"

"Huh? N-no!" Pilate shook his head furiously. "Of course I want to go after Belle! I just think that... erm... I-I've had enough of your hospitality, and... uh... I-I should best be on my way."

"Does not trust Floydien, the boomer, no?"

"It's not that, I—"

"Has not Floydien provided boomer with glimmer and skipper and non spit?"

"You've been very helpful, but..." Pilate winced. "This isn't the kind of... erm... 'glimmer' that I'm asking for. I'm not out to cross paths wtih any enforcers and I most definitely have no intention of zapping them with O.A.S.I.S. as a weapon."

"But what a fine bane of stabby stabby it is!"

"Only because you made it that way! Look, Mr. Floydien..." Pilate sighed, gesturing with his hooves as he talked. "You and I... we... uh... we seem to have vastly differing philosophies. Obviously, you have been through a lot, and I feel for you. But, I've been through my fair share of craziness too. As much as I feel for you and your beloved, Nancy Jane, I fear that the journey you are taking me on will only get in the way of my reuniting with Bellesmith, much less finding her."

"Hmmmm... doubt the glimmer of Floydien, the striped boomer does. Is silly, yes yes? For we have stabby stabby to blame for the sparks and the groaning and the dying."

Pilate softly shook his head. "You might have the Ledomaritans to blame for what happened to you. But me?" He raised two hooves up to his metal plate. "What was done to me was a labor of love. It was made to make my life easier." He smiled softly. "And it was none other than my beloved, Belle, who fashioned me the means why which I can still see and learn in this world. Don't you understand, Mr. Floydien? I... I'm not exactly like you. My issue with the Ledomaritans is not what they've done to me, but rather what they've done to my beloved. So while you must solve your problems by taking it up with the Queen, I won't be at rest until I find the mare that I love. And I can only do that without anymore mishap. Do you understand?"

There was a period of silence. The hooves shuffled some more, and then the voice returned, "The sight that boomer gains from glimmer sphere—it will reveal beloved boomer immediately, yes?"

Pilate's ears drooped. "Well, no..."

"It will then show glimmering path to beloved, yes yes?"

Pilate gritted his teeth.

"Does the boomer even have a plan? There is much stabby stabby but there is very few paths to take through them to go through them."

Pilate sighed long and hard. "I know I am only shooting in the dark, but I have to find her on my own."

"Then perhaps two shots in the dark would suffice? Floydien can shoot in many directions, yes yes yes. Is faithful to rely on his antlers when boomer's skull is nothing but metal and darkness."

"Where are you even taking me now?"

"To the Nova that is Most Blue, home of the stabbiest this side of the east explosions."

Pilate tilted his head aside. "Blue Nova? Why... that's not far from the Northern Facility Shell talked about..."

"A network of glimmer Floydien hopes to find. It will reunite him with Nancy Jane. Smith of Belle may not be far from striped boomer."

"Right... Right... Okay..." Pilate nodded breathily. He swallowed and said, "Could you at least give me back my sphere?"

"Floydien does not want glimmer to out-boom the boomer's skull."

"Huh?"

"It will fry you at its current charge."

"Oh..."

"Fear not, Floydien insists, for Floydien is an expert pilot." The gondola swayed as the sound of swishing propellers touched the air. "Not a pun does Floydien intend."

"R-right..." Pilate nodded nervously, sitting back in his seat. "Not at all..." A quartet of paws hopped on his shoulder, and he gasped. He felt whiskers and a wriggling nose by his muzzle.

"Neither should boomer fear Simon," Floydien's voice said as the wind picked up. "Simon may be a small token of the glimmer, but a living compass is his bushy tail."

"Right... uh... gotcha..." Pilate smiled nervously and reached a hoof out to pet the rodent's head. "Nice to meet you, Simon."

A tiny pair of tesla-coils came into contact with Pilate's hoof and instantly zapped him.

"Gaaah!" Pilate reeled back, hissing as the tiny, furry body leapt off him.

"Floydien did not tell boomer it was safe to pet Simon. Yes yes?"

Pilate rubbed his hoof and shuddered. "No no..."

PreviousChapters Next