• Published 9th Mar 2013
  • 9,074 Views, 10,169 Comments

Innavedr - Imploding Colon



A broken party of friends struggles to reunite. Rainbow Dash continues to fly east.

  • ...
44
 10,169
 9,074

PreviousChapters Next
Glimmer Skipper Spitter

"Does striped boomer fear heights and spit?"

In the back of the wagon, Pilate lifted his head with a furrowed brow. "Huh?"

"Does striped boomer fear heights and—"

"I... uhm..." Pilate gulped. "No. I mean, well, maybe when I'm being tossed several thousand feet from a Ledomaritan zeppelin to my doom, then sure." He gave a shuddering breath. "Jury's still out on whether or not I'm dead and this is all some post mortem delusion of my firing synapses."

"Boomer would do well not to be afraid of heights."

"And sp-spit, right?"

"A'glimmer is the boomer's mind."

"Why do you ask?" Pilate gulped. "I mean, what does height have to do with anything?"

"Upon the tower of the stabby stabby horses have Floydien and boomer arrived."

"Huh?" Pialte shot up straight in the wagon, his ears twitching. "The tower? Already?" He frowned, suddenly. "Wait. What in Spark's name are we going to do with the tower?"

"Shhh! The spitters of the glimmer arrive."

"What?" Pilate whispered. Just then, the wagon came to a creaking stop. He heard the sound of grass and pine needles crunching as two sets of hooves strolled up from ahead of them.

"Well welll well... what do we have here?" uttered a stallion's voice.

"Is there a fair this deep in the forest?" chirped another in an amused voice. "Cuz you three are certainly a motley crew."

Pilate did a blind double-take. "Three?!" He was silenced by a cloven hoof placed against his lips.

"Never mind the boomer of stripes and more stripes," Floydien said. "Stabby stabby horses shall forthwith give their glimmer skipper to Floydien."

"What... in the Queen's lacy bridle is he going oin about?"

"Excuse me, mister. Would you mind repeating yourself?"

"The glimmer skipper above," the voice hissed. "Give give to Floydien Floydien."

Just then, Pilate tilted his skull. He thought he heard the tell-tale sounds of tight ropes creaking along a series of moorings high overhead.

"Pffft—What?! You mean you want our zeppelin?"

"Hahaha! Ohhhhh that's rich."

"That's the property of Queen Ledo, you moronic forest hippie!"

"Besides, your antlers would just get tangled with the steering controls."

"Stabby stabby spit-glimmers do not like the taste of Floydien's words," uttered the voice, suddenly taking on a cold, menacing tone. The air danced with static energy. "Perhaps some sugar the boomers need. Yes yes yes. Would go down like their mother's vomit."

"Hey! Watch it, creep!"

The forest snapped with the sound of a manarifle cocking. "Alright, 'fess up. What are you doing out here in the middle of nothing and what's with the zebra?"

"Ew—What's with the metal stuff all over the zebra's head? Are you three a bunch of freaks or what?!"

"Floydien has given the boomers a warning. Stay true to their names, they shall, yes yes..."

A loud hum filled the air. Pilate was taken back by how familiar it sounded. His skull and neck tingled in alternating currents.

"Whoah! What the—"

"What's th-that in your hooves?! And the heck's going on with your antlers?!"

"Floydien shall cuddle Floydien's Nancy Jane—even if he must do it through smelly boomers!" Just then, a crack of unearthly thunder rolled through the forest.

Pilate gasped, for suddenly he could see. A flash of bright, blinding light flickered through his mind, and etched in the center of it was the frozen effigies of two unicorn stallions in pure horror. As everything returned to black, he heard the resulting tumult of the energy blast. One body flew against a tree like a sandbag, littering the wagon and the path around it with leaves.

"Augh!" Pilate stammered, collapsing across the wagon and gripping his skull. "Good heavens! What...?!"

"Put down your weapon!" The other Ledomaritan shouted.

"A boomer's commands is spit as spit is spit!" Floydien's hooves swiveled against the dirt. There was another pulse of energy and—

Pilate's mind flashed once more. This time he saw the torso of the second stallion in agonized pain. As soon as the white light faded, he heard the grunting sound of the enforcer striking a bed of leaves beside the wagon.

"Nnnngh!" Pilate heaved, panting for breath. He raised a pair of hooves to his skull and felt that his metal plate was burning red hot. With a twitching expression, he rolled over and shouted, "O.A.S.I.S...." He gulped. "The sphere wasn't destroyed at all! Y-you have it!"

"The striped boomer's glimmer is most righteous," Floydien growled as the air filled once more with crackling mana. "Will carve the skies to Nancy Jane as Nancy Jane sees it."

Hissing metal doors open. The bodies of three stallions stampeded out, shouting. "Halt right there!" Manarifles lit up like fire crackers. The wagon exploded in several places.

Floydien's body could be heard rolling aside, followed by a venomous hiss, "Give Floydien the cloud skipper or spit forevermore!" Another pulse of energy hummed.

"No!" Pilate shouted, angry to the point of snarling. "The O.A.S.I.S. sphere is not a weapon—"

It was too late, for Pilate's mind burned with burning white plasma. He envisioned himself flying like a missile straight towards the base of an open tower. Three stallions shrieked and dove to the side right as the brightness reached a boiling point. His ears popped, and he was reeling in the darkness to the sound of settling thunder.

"Pizz fah wizz!" Floydien exclaimed. "Boomers are like potatoes. Nopony wants to touch them when they're hot. Yes?" The air rang from the sound of cloven hooves cradling a metal sphere. "Yes yesssss... "

"Mmmmf..." Pilate sat back up, shaking his head. "What... why... wh-why are you doing all this?!" He fought the fog of a migraine. "Just for a zeppelin? All I want is to find my beloved! I'm not out to hurt ponies!"

"Good thing Floydien does the hurting for boomer's stripes and non-hurting, yes yes?"

"Blast it, I need explanations!" Pilate barked. "Where are we going?! Why are you tossing around enforcers?! And is there really a third pony with us—" His breath left him at the touch of four tiny paws perched on his backside. "Gaaah!"

"Some boomers have bushy tails and some do not." A cloven hoof reached in and the set of paws climbed off of Pilate to mount the limb. "Less spit and more spirit, boomer. We have a skipper to fly to Nancy Jane." Then hoof then tugged at Pilate's forelimbs.

"Whoah!" He grunted as he fell like a dead weight out of the wagon.

PreviousChapters Next