• Published 9th Mar 2013
  • 9,079 Views, 10,169 Comments

Innavedr - Imploding Colon



A broken party of friends struggles to reunite. Rainbow Dash continues to fly east.

  • ...
44
 10,169
 9,079

PreviousChapters Next
Yes Yes Yes

All that he knew was that he was moving.

His ears twitched to the sound of grinding, squeaking wheels as a warm breeze fluttered through his thick mane. He woke up as if from a long hibernation, and his every joint ached.

"Unnngh..."

Pilate stirred, his forelimbs uncurling, swishing through a sea of tightly packed straw. He was lying in a pile of hay, and from the touch of wooden beams framing his position...

"A wagon?"

He sat up, and his muscles instantly screamed as if a thousand needles were ripping through him.

"Augh! By the Sp-Spark!" he sputtered.

"Striped boomer doesn't move so soon," rasped a voice from ahead of Pilate and the wagon he was in. "Lies down and waits for the glimmer glimmer to leave his body, he does. There's a good boomer. Yes yes yesssss."

"Nnngh... Huh?" Pilate tilted his head around. His brow furrowed. "Hello? Is somepony there?"

"The sky has no reason to keep boomer, but Floydien isn't cruel. Catches the boomer, he does. Now Nancy Jane waits for two instead of one instead of none. Yes yessss."

"Fl-Floydien? Nancy Jane?" Pilate coughed and lurched forward, still wincing. "Sir, I-I'm blind. Please help me out here. Who are you? Where are we? And how did I... Wait..." He made a face. "You caught me? H-how?! Are you a unicorn?"

"Always is mistaken for a stabby stabby horse, poor Floydien. No feelings does Floydien have to bleed, only glimmer glimmer. Glimmer glimmer waits for Nancy Jane, as does the heart. The boomer doesn't know and Floydien forgives him. Yessssss. Hmmmm... there is much help the shiny boomer gift has for Nancy Jane..."

"Sir, thank you for... erm... saving me..." Pilate stirred again, but exhaustedly fell back into the wagon. "Unngh... but... b-but you have to understand! My beloved... my mate Bellesmith is in trouble! An entire armada of diabolical Ledomaritans have her held captive and... and..." He shuddered and stifled a shuddering breath. "They're dragging her north to be shoved into those machines again. Oh beloved..." His clear eyes teared up at the edges. "What are they doing to you as we speak...?"

"Boomer has a Nancy Jane just like Floydien. Too small a world, yes yessss—but it glimmers no more and no less. All is in the boomer's shiny gift, thinks Floydien, and is a good thing for Floydien heads north too."

"Wait... we're..." Pilate felt the jostling motions of the wagon as his hairs stood on end. "We're heading north?"

"Yes yes yesssss... to free Nancy Jane. A most beautiful maiden. They steal her, the stabby stabby horses. Think to do with her what they did to Floydien's antlers; is bad bad glimmer. Boomer helps Floydien free love of his life before they make glimmer of her as they make glimmer of Floydien's antlers."

"H-huh? Sir, I don't know who or what you think I am, but all I want to do is find my beloved and—" Pilate gasped, feeling his barren choker with two hooves. "The sphere! O.A.S.I.S.! It..." His muzzle grimaced. "Spark's fury... it must have broken when I fell." He moaned and covered his face with a pair of hooves. "Bellesmith, help me, I've never felt so blind..."

"Boomer sees, Floydien thinks. Sees with his mind as he smells with his heart. Yes yes yes. Fell to Floydien's glimmer glimmer for a reason, Floydien thinks. Would love to introduce to Nancy Jane. Would also love to make stabby stabby heads explode in string of firecracker farts."

"Wh-what?!"

"North brings us much glimmer glimmer and Nancy Jane. Striped boomer rests until popping skulls."

"Hey! Look... I thank you for taking care of me and all, but I-I don't like the sound of what you're..."

"Shhhhh..." The voice took on a whispery tone as a static energy filled the air above the wagon. "Sleepy is the boomer of stripes and wisdom. The double dark calls to fitful mind to be sharp once more. Yes yes yessss?"

"I'm not sleepy! I have to get off this wagon and find my beloved! I have... have..." Pilate fell under intense drowsiness. "Oh Belle, I am so sorry. So..." His striped head fell to the hay. "So exhausted...."

"Hmmmm... A bristled stone, boomer is," the voice murmured as the wagon rolled faster. "Happy is Floydien not to rip stripes off and wear them for camouflage. Nancy Jane wouldn't approve, would she? Hmmm-hmmm-hmmm..."

With an awkward melody, the voice hummed, carrying Pilate's twitching ears into darkness.

PreviousChapters Next