• Published 14th Jul 2014
  • 15,072 Views, 1,210 Comments

A Heart So Cold - Onomonopia



What is a person without purpose? Without anything to cherish? What is a person whose heart is ice?

  • ...
74
 1,210
 15,072

Reunited

"Victor!" Fluttershy yelled as she rushed to his side, horrified to see the amount of blood he was losing as he looked up at the sky, helmet completely shattered. "Oh my gosh! Hold on, we'll get you to the hospital and they'll-" She stopped speaking when he grabbed around her hoof with his hand, looking up at her with defeat in his eyes. Fluttershy realized that due to the goggles being destroyed this was the first time she could look into his eyes, but she saw the eyes of a dead man.

"Fluttershy...it is pointless now," he said weakly as Shining and Cadence came over as well, looking at all of the blood with horror. "You would not make it in time. It is time for me to answer for all the wrongs I have done."

"No, you're not going to die," she sniveled, trying to move him through force but he simple weighed too much for her to budge. "You can't die now, not when there is some much you can still do, so many that you can help!" Freeze once again shook his head at her as he looked up at the blue sky, his face beginning to crumble away from the dark magic that had struck him down.

"Fluttershy...I died a long time ago," he said to her in a quiet voice, causing her to start to sob. "Maybe it's time...I stopped pretending that I didn't. This...fake body...will not last much longer." He then looked over to Cadence and Shining, a small bit of warmth in his eyes. "You...once asked me why I saved you, despite all my threats? Because...I lost my chance for a family, for love. As much as you annoyed me, I could not let that happen to you as well. I couldn't...let a dies..."cough"...disease claim your happiness. I wasn't able...to save my family...but at the very least...I saved yours."

"I know Victor," Cadence said sadly as she and her husband looked down at him with sorrow in their eyes. Freeze began to cough up blood and his breathing grew weaker, all the while Fluttershy tried to stop the bleeding.

"Let me go, Fluttershy, I have been alive for far too long now," he said weakly as he closed his eyes, but then opened them again when he remembered something he wanted to tell her. "But I must...thank you...for being so patient with me during the short time I was here. Despite my cold nature and my violent outburst, you were really the only one...I could call...a friend." Fluttershy began to sob as he said this and Freeze looked back up to the sky, a small smile crossing his face. "At least...I can see...Nora...again..." He drew his last breath as he said this and closed his eyes, leaving the ponies that were by him to begin grieving. His body began to crumble away like dust, dust that was blown away by a gust of wind leaving only his suit.

"Goodbye, my friend," Fluttershy wept.

|\/|
|/\|

Victor blinked twice as he opened his eyes, looking around to find himself in a place that was entirely white. He said nothing as he stood up, but he realized that he was no longer in the suit and his skin was back to normal. He figured that he must have been dead to have returned to his normal self, but that wasn't the only thing that confused him at that moment. He turned around to see what looked like a vision of Equestria, where he could see Fluttershy and the other grieving for him. He was tempted to go back to them when he heard something from behind him. Music.

He turned around to see a lady dancing on a stage, a dance that was filled with elegance and beauty, though the dance was nothing compared to who the dancer was. Victor dropped to his knees when he saw that it was Nora, dancing with the life and happiness that she had when he had first met her. She came to a stop when she saw him and smiled, jumping off the stage and running over to him, where she hugged him tight. He looked down at her for a moment before he returned the hug, tears in his eyes as she smiled up at him.

No words were said between the two as Victor took her hand in his, allowing her to lead him away from the vision of the ponies. And while he was happy to have her hand in his again, he did stop once to look back at the ponies. But then he smiled softly and continued to follow his beloved, leaving the white room empty once more.

|\/|
|/\|

The silver mare grunted as she slammed into the ground, kicking up mounds of dirt and rock as she carved through it. Once she had come to a stop, she struggled to throw herself out of the way of a massive bolt of lightning, a bolt that decimated a rock cliff behind her. She looked from what remained of the cliff to the figure floating over her, remembering what it was like to be truly afraid again.

'Please Teth, I do not wish to fight you,' she pleaded with him as he floated down in front of her, narrowing his eyes as he saw her. 'But I must complete my vision or else all of my home will be lost!' She was silenced as another bolt of magic lightning slammed into her chest, causing her form to flicker violently as she slammed into a cliff, Black Adam grabbing her by the throat before she could hit the ground.

"That is Black Adam to you," he said with very cold rage as he glared at her, bringing his fist back to strike. she slipped into her silvery form as he swung, shattering the boulder before looking around to see her floating far above him. He shot after her at speeds she couldn't see, but turned around to see him floating behind her. "And I have seen your vision as well and I know what your game truly is! You seek to gather these champions to overthrow the Queen, despite all she has lost! But I will protect her from you and your champions, no matter what I must do!" She had to move quickly to avoid his lightning, creating walls of magic to deflect or stop most of them. But what she couldn't stop was Adam himself, as he simply plowed through all her shields like they were paper.

'Teth, you do not understand! I do not gather these champions to hurt her or you! I wish to save my world from the coming darkness!' she yelled back at him as he continued to shoot lightning at her, the chase taking them over a small town far from the crystal empire. 'But if I do not go back to help Freeze now, then all will be lost! Please you have to listen to me!'

"And why should I do that?!" he yelled as he electrified his fists and swung into her mid-section, causing her body to savagely flicker as she fell out of the sky, barely able to catch herself before she hit the ground. "I know you are the reason those humans appeared in my world and killed one of the ponies that was close to me! You will pay for her death and any others you have caused. I will kill you!"

'Please Teth, is this what Radiance and Sunnysmiles would want?' she asked him But then she realized her mistake as he lowered his head, lightning crackling all along his body as he slowly glared up at her.

"You dare?" he said in a cold whisper before letting out a roar to the sky, clasping his hands together and bringing them back to create a giant sphere of lightning that caused even the silver mare to shake with fear. "YOU DARE TO MENTION THEM!? YOU DARE TO MENTION TWO WHO SAVED ME, EVEN AS YOU CLAIM TO BE ONE OF THEM?! PREPARE YOURSELF!" He unleashed the sphere as he said this and although the silver mare barely managed to dodge it, it was sent sailing past the town and caused a massive earthquake when it struck the ground, causing the ponies in the town to panic as a massive sign fell off one of the buildings and headed for the streets. Black Adam looked from the ponies in danger to the silver mare with rage in his eyes, before turning towards the town and flying into it, stopping the sign from crushing them. They barely had time to register what had happened before he threw the sign into space and headed back up to where the mare was, finding her escaping into a portal.

"Not today!" he roared as he shot after her. He caught her in a moment and drove his hand into her chest, fingers wrapping around the silver sphere that sustained her life.

'Teth no!' Adam crushed the sphere with his hand and the mare screamed as her magic began to fluctuate horribly, sending out tendrils with enough force to push Adam back. She fell through the portal while still fluctuating, but the silver sphere closed behind her before Adam could reach her. His eyes narrowed as he looked at the spot where she had vanished before he shook his head.

'Gone. But it doesn't matter what she does or where she goes now, her champion is dead,' he thought to himself as he looked off towards the crystal empire, able to feel the pain coming from the ponies there. And he sadly shook his head. 'I just wish that she could have died in his place. But with the champion gone, she will not be able to destroy my land. And that is all that matters.' "Shazam." He vanished in a flash of lightning, leaving the ponies down below confused as they wondered what had happened.

|\/|
|/\|

A month had passed after the death of Victor and the ponies were still grieving. Despite Freeze not having been there long, they had come to see him as a hero. Fluttershy had suffered the worst and it had been a full month before she talked to the others again and she just barely spoke at that. But despite all the pain that had gone on for the month, there was a reason the celebrate again. A new life was coming into the world. However, Shining did not think of anything but how worried he was about his wife as he paced outside of the delivery room while the other ponies tried to calm him down.

"She will be fine brother," Twilight said as she tried to comfort him, but all he did was pace faster. Twilight sighed at this and looked over at Fluttershy, who sat next to her not saying a thing. "Fluttershy..."

"I know what you're going to say and you're wrong," Fluttershy said in a whisper, the first time she had talked about Victor in a month. "I should have helped him more, should have tried to be kinder. Then maybe he wouldn't have...or something would have gone differently...I could have saved him Twilight, but I didn't. I failed him." Twilight wrapped a wing around her friend as she said this, comforting her as she cried softly.

"Cadence told me what Freeze said as he died and from his words I have to believe that you did save him," Twilight said with a soft smile. "You helped melt the ice of his heart and got him to care again. While he may not have been here for long, you changed his life for the better. Don't forget that." Fluttershy nodded a bit and looked up at Twilight with a smile as the other ponies talked, but all of them went quiet when the doctors came out and smiled at them. They then all ran past them and into the delivery room, where they found Cadence resting on the bed with her child in her arms, tears rolling down her face as she looked up at her husband and her friends.

"Isn't he lovely?" she asked them in an exhausted whisper as she showed them the baby, a unicorn with snow white coat and ice blue hair. "He looks almost exactly like you Shining." Shining said nothing in reply as he walked over and gently held the baby in his own arms, tears streaming down his face as he looked at the tiny colt.

"Yeah...he does," he said weakly before gently giving the child back to its mother. The ponies all took a moment of silence as they all gazed at the new child, until Pinkie decided that it was time to ask the question.

"So then, what are you going to name him?" she asked as she got extremely close to the baby, only to be dragged back by an angry Twilight. Shining and Cadence looked at each other for a moment before they both looked down at the baby.

"We've both thought about a number of names that would best for him," Shining began as the baby grumbled a bit. "But in light of recent events, all of those names went out the window. We wanted to do something to remember him, but we didn't know if the ponies were ready for a statue. We also wanted to remember him helping Cadence with her plight and defeating Sombra. Although it's not much, we've-"

"OUT WITH IT ALREADY!" Pinkie yelled, causing the baby to begin to cry. Once he had calmed down and Twilight had used her magic to clamp Pinkie's mouth shut, Cadence and Shining looked at each other before they both said,

"Victory."

|\/|
|/\|

The silver mare said nothing to herself, but that was because all of her mental strength was being used to prevent herself from panicking completely. She had been so close; she had almost gathered all of the champions and had the chance to save her world. But all of the hard work, the pain, the dealing with Bubbles and Hulk, was taking away in an instant. In a single bolt of lightning.

The crown radiated with power, as did the armband but with a different radiation. A necklace with a bat in the center sat beside them and next to it rested a tiara with an azure wand. A shoulder pad with a drill hummed silently, but the belt with the icy heart was now darkened and greyed out, with none of the power its siblings shared.

'Maybe there is still time to find another,' she said with panic in her voice as she turned to look at the final Element, the belt with the frozen heart in the center of it. 'Maybe I can find another champion who is able to unleash its full power. I might still-' Her words were cut off as an image flashed through her mind, six warriors fighting against an oncoming darkness, but only five lights glowed on them. And with only five lights, they were swallowed by the darkness as was the rest of the vision, leaving the silver mare panting on the ground as she shakily got up.

'No, there is almost no more time,' she said as she looked out the window at the rising sun, wondering what she should do. 'I-I've failed. There is nopony left to turn to, nopony...unless, unless maybe he can help me,' she said as she prepared to vanish. 'Maybe if we can stop the creature before it is unleashed we can still stop the destruction. It is out only chance!' She vanished as she said this, leaving the six Elements in the tower. Six Elements with five wielders.

Author's Note:

And as this story finally comes to it's cold and sad ending, I thank all who have read it as we prepare to enter the final story before the super awesome ultra mega story that will be a pain to write. You all know who it is, but for those who don't, here are some hints. Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton and Mehen.

Comments ( 91 )

Sad last chapter was sad, but wonderful nevertheless :twilightsmile:
Well, I guess I'm off to read the rest of the stories in anticipation of the last one (for some unknown reason those have escaped my attention) :pinkiehappy:

Curse you and your cliffhangers! Who will weild Freezes element of harmony? Who I say!?

Despite my could nature...

Grammar error!

5021034
Looks like Ryan is the only one left.

At first I thought that maybe since it almost looked like Victory was Freeze incarnate that he could wield the element but I guess I was wrong on that hunch...
Still, awesome story, it's was great. :D

Dang it Adam! Wait, so, Adam was a pony? I'm confused. Also, Billy's already a chamption, who could be next? We need another person to take up Freeze's spot, since he died (Atleast he's happy, and in a better place....hopefully)

The only one I recognize is Aton, and even then that was egyptian.

dies..."cough"...disease

It was all worth it for this moment! :raritystarry: Glorious!

5020395
Then for the equestria girls fore cast...a freeze is coming!

I couldn't...let a dies..."cough"...disease claim your happiness.

You really WAS screwing with us!

The story was beautiful and sad, as it was a shame that Victor died, but at least he reunited with Nora and had a foal named after him. I'm glad to have had another Batman story written by you and I am looking forward to your next story for the mega crossover.

So sad..... :raritydespair: But YAY! You finally spelt "disease" right! :pinkiehappy:

I love the name for the baby. It fits :pinkiesmile:

The ending is bittersweet indeed :ajsleepy:

5021041 I kinda would like to see a story about The Merc that actually has story and character developement.

disease

huh, he finally got it right.

Kind of sad about what happened with Freeze but at least he got to be with Nora again. :pinkiesad2:
And now, LET THE WAIT FOR THE NEXT STORY BEGIN! :twilightsheepish:

5021214 i think groot and rocket will be the most likley because he has been useing mostly comic character

5021546 Not the Big Daddy, he's a game character

Ouch, bittersweet ending to this tale. Now who will the Silver Mare turn to?

Well, I so called that ending. Oh and I stated before. Author, CURSE YOU!

5021114

It's a crossover that draws on Marvel and DC.

The next champion is, obviously, going to be Wolverine.

"disease" FINALLY

Im going to have to suggest John Egbert from Homestuck, because he:
A) has a valid explanation for being on equis
B) has an enemy or 2 that can follow him
C) he's got potential for the continuity
D) he has the limited immortality so he can survive being killed off like a Game of Thrones character and meet the silver pony.
E) hes cool

Teth Adam aka Black Atom aka the wizards first chosen one.

5021060

ALTERNATIVE ENDING STORY NOW!

So I read this story, and it seems there's more in this universe. Could somepony please tell me whitch ones?

5021214 rocket and grute ide say

5021674 That would be awesome.

Wait what...? So this means that Victor comes back at some point or is there a new champion? So confused.....

*reads Author's Notes* :ajbemused:

*After thinking for a minute* :pinkiegasp: *realizes nature of fic*

Holy crap, you've gotten gotta be kidding me! The sixth champion is An alternate version of Teth/Black Adam, isn't it? No wonder you killed Freeze off. How the hell are yo going to pull it off. A 'Good' Black Adam and a 'Evil' Black Adam is going to be freaking hard to do, if that's the route you're going for the next story. I'm only 80% sure it is (Ironically) Black Adam who is the finally champion. The major question is this: will a weird time loop be involved, or is it a straight up alternate Black Adam from a different universe than the one we've seen..

I know that there is a good chance I'm wrong with my guess, but that's my guess.

It's just a Theory- A FAN THEORY (Ok, I need to lay off Game Theory for a while. It's catch phrase is addictive)

5021827
Well kinda
"dies..."cough"...disease"
I'm sure that was going to be another diesase or something.
At this point I think the author is just trolling us about it.

Well sad to see this is over, but at the same time not really. Because I now realize that I have 4 more stories to go back and read through (already read the hulk one, that was great) and then after that we [maybe] have a 7th champion emerge and the final battle to portray. I really really like this "newstyle Mavel" approach to tying all the separate stories into one greater magnificent plot. Would love to know what the other 4 I need to read are though, you have so many stories and I don't really know which ones belong to this universe, though I know at least that the superman one is probably one of them, due to the comment from silver lady at the end of the hulk one. Love the story, all of it in the many different forms. Keep writing, you are awesome.

Loved this story to the end~ :heart:
At last, Freez- Victor can be at peace~ :fluttercry:

(Also it's funny how some people find the word 'disease' the main highlight of the chapter xD )

I crie everytim. WHY DID YOU HAVE TO DIE VICTOR!!! YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE! YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BRING BALANCE TO THE FORCE, NOT... Wait, wrong set of universes. Unless you are going to tie this in with Star Wars.

5036880
I watched both animated series when they were syndicated. He's cool, not a cold blooded chaotic stupid character who does things for teh evulz.

5071584
DC, but I will admit marvel is currently the superior brand.

The name was well chosen.

Okay, absolutely AMAZING story and a great addition to the others. I'm still working on reading some of your other fics, so it was a teensy bit confusing for me. But just for clarification, where is this story fit into the timeline you have created? Flutters didn't recognize Batsy in Freeze's dream, so was it before A Dark Knight for Equestria? Or is it after and this is another AU and we're going to have some serious dimension traveling via TARDIS???:trixieshiftright: I await your answer....

5101077
Dimension traveling and second to last story before the massive team up.

Have you tried using Iceman or blizzard as a new champion?

5101650
Nah, I know who it gonna be

5101814 Can you give me a hint as to who?

Login or register to comment