• Published 10th Feb 2013
  • 7,074 Views, 191 Comments

The Tale of Saving Grace - Cold Spike



An Earth Pony Filly loves to go around and help others with her inventions. One day one of the Elements of Harmony discovers her talent and decides to get a bit too nosy. But Saving Grace has nothing to hide, right?

  • ...
9
 191
 7,074

Epilogue: Confessions and Plans

Five mares, one dragon, one changeling, four fillies and one stallion sat on the other side of the library in silence. Every once in a while Shining Armor would steal a glance at the changeling, but otherwise remained quiet. Fluttershy stood on the other side as she tried to desperately say something, but every time she opened her mouth she mumbled. They all waited patiently for her to speak. Night Shade even had his mouth shut, choosing to ignore the free flow of emotions in the room over listening to his new caretaker.

"Okay, um, hmm..." Fluttershy hummed nervously. She was grateful for her friends and their friends being so patient but she knew that patience could only go so far.

"Go on sugarcube, if you got something important to say then we're all ears."

"Yep, Dash's ears are listening 100%!, Dash cheered, but both mares already knew what she was going to say. It didn't stop Rainbow Dash from giving Fluttershy an encouraging smile. The rest just smiled too and for once Fluttershy felt she could talk without stammering or apologizing or even stopping.

"Okay, well it took some encouraging from a brave little filly," she pointed to Grace who smiled, "to admit something which I've never really talked about in the open before. Rainbow Dash knows as well, but I didn't feel right telling you all until now. Because I just did not feel like it mattered until now. But families are important." She paused and saw several of them nod. "My f- my ex family didn't appreciate me or who I was. My parents are just that, guardians. Or were my guardians but that does not mean they loved me." For a few seconds Fluttershy did not know how to keep going as she saw almost everypony in the room gasp or look on in shock. "But I've been blind these last few years in Ponyville. I knew that Rainbow was part of my family, but it took these two to make me realize that all of you are my family." She was about to say 'right', but shook her head and waited. Then a tackle came, followed by several more. By the end of it the only living creatures not hugging her were Night Shade and Shining Armor.

The stallion and young colt looked at each other and said the same thing. "Ew..."

"Of course we're your family, sugarcube."

"Yeah you silly!"

"I can't imagine my life without any of you in it, even Rainbow..."

"Hey!"

"Fluttershy, were you scared that we wouldn't want you in our family?" Twilight asked.

"...Maybe."

"Well you don't have to worry about that anymore. You'll always have a family with us."

Fluttershy smiled and each pony and dragon awkwardly left her side. Sweetie Belle decided it was a good time to try and talk to Night Shade again.

"So um, hey I'd-" Night Shade smiled and then fainted once more. "Why does he keep doing that?!" Rarity laughed.

"I'll explain it when you're older dear. He'll be fine right?" She asked Grace.

"Define fine, I don't think he's ever been normal if that's what you mean.."

"So Twi, ah always thought your first student would be a unicorn. Does it feel a bit weird to be teaching an earth pony?"

"Oh not at all! Earth Pony magic can actually go amazingly far. It's not as direct as unicorn's, but I sense she has discovered quite a bit about it with her talents alone. I think she only just scratched the surface of what she could build! Heh, I guess I'm excited."

"No arguments there."

"So now what?" Rainbow asked looking bored.

"We can test out my new invention!" Grace announced.

"What is it? Ah carriage?" Apple Bloom asked.

"A music player?!" Sweetie asked with her voice squeaking loudly.

"Something stupid?!" Scootaloo asked while getting a scowl from Rainbow.

"No, I call it an Automobile!" She pulled a lever and the very complicated, metal looking carriage sprung to life. Spewing out black smoke from its copper colored exhaust port. Grace beamed while the others simply looked on in confusion.

"Confusion?" Night Shade said while waking up. "That tastes terrible!"

Author's Note:

Uh oh, did she just start the Steampunk Age?

Well that is it. Thank you for sticking around this story and giving it a chance. I'm sorry that the Epilogue did not really lead to a sequel. I suppose one day I could do one, but I really have other things to work on. Still I always appreciate comments.

Comments ( 73 )

I could, but it just did not get as much attention as I would have liked. 2975806

please make more

I cannot at this time, however I have plenty of stories out including a new one. A lot of them share similar styles... 2975906

2975816 Awwwwwwwwww but i loved this story tho.I wanna sequel! THUMBS UP THIS IF U WANT A SEQUEL!

Thank you. The funny thing is, this was just a silly idea I had. I noticed that this site had tons of sad stories and I figured, why not make a mostly overly happy one? 2975933

2975947 Well this silly idea is writers gold or should it be readers gold? Meh its both!

uh oh great now here come the war on oil sooner are later.... unless she useing a sterm power by magic than it's ok

Well I enjoyed editing this story and I'm sad to see it end.
Though Spike promised that with this one ended he would continue another story more.

Excellent end to an excellent story! Though I hate to see it end, at least you ended it on a happy note. Plus now I get to see what else you're going to write! :raritystarry:

They are all right here: ==================================================>
Unless the website does not show my stories to you...2986772

2987063 Oh it does, I just don't like starting and not finishing a bunch of stories, so I was waiting to check out your next one :raritywink:

hmmm......concept was good, a little to fast paced though. however it was still entertaining to read. and now i shall let my daydreaming drift into the land of steampunk equestria :moustache:

Yeah typically I make chapters 4-6k words, I'm not great at writing shorter stories :twilightsheepish: 2992994

2993014
i think my idea of pacing is a little weird considering i went from reading Fallout Equestria, to the The Lost Element, to diaries of a madman, to Star Crossed, to Displacement....all long stories. but meh, doesnt matter, still a good fic

I know what you mean, Spike's Nameless Brother is more along the lines of that kind of pacing. 2993043

You should write a sequel to this.:pinkiehappy:

Enjoyment all around the world.:rainbowdetermined2:

In case anyone is interested, you can physically buy this book right here: Lulu The Tale of Saving Grace it covers the cost of materials meaning I don't make money on it.

SEQULE NOOOOOOOOOOOW!

Sorry, I have a lot of other things I gotta work on first. :twilightblush: 3255985

battleforjustice.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/SoupNazi.jpg

...Nah, maybe. I'm still messing with my current works. :pinkiehappy: 3815514

It. Was not to bad... The ending I feel was lacking... And I really did like how you did Twilights reaction when finding him and all... That was shocking! And the feels where done really well...

I'm not sure what else to say about this though. Nothing comes to mind... I enjoyed it though... Thanks for writing it....

You meant to write too and were instead of to and where :twilightblush:

And thank you? Are you saying it read bland to you? 4029800

4030054 Not really Bland... It was good... But not entirely... I dont know it just felt off in an area or two to me I guess... Still a good story and I really loved the conflict reactions...

I guess it was how they where introduiced to some of them... Like... They did it all one at a time.. Which I could see with the first two... But why would they not get the rest of them togeather and just tell them all at once? I'm sure it was just to make the story more intersting but still seamed weird to me...

And if they had just told Twilight in the Beginning with Fluttershy then i'm almost positive that non of what happened would have happened at all... Sure she would have been very confused...

I'm getting side tracked... It was good... I always find 99.9% of the Changling stories to be done really well and I love them...

Why not gather them all? That happens in about 90% of stories on this site, a conflict arises or someone new and they gather everyone... they do have lives and jobs you know :rainbowlaugh: 4030107

4030114 hmm.... *nods* true... I've not really read a lot of things like that... Where they just gather them all at once... Though I can see where you are coming from...

Perhaps I'm just being to logical... >.<

Not read a lot? Go read some human in Equestria stories, it happens like clockwork in those. Also a Pinkie Party ALWAYS happens in them :fluttershbad: 4030856

4030887 That... makes me feel bad inside......

4030887 I've only read two or three HIE stories... Few with someone named TD in them... And another thought it was a ship fic... I find that a lot of HIE are just unentertaining! Well, To me anyway...

Well, try and find the more interesting ones... which is easier said than done. But I say a good HIE is one that avoids the terrible cliches and mistakes most make. 4030905

4031231 That a difficult thing to find....

Try Mordane Stroghoof. Or maybe A Twilight Landing... 4031389

Epilogue ruined it for me, but other than that this was a good fic.
:yay::yay::yay:/5

So you're saying my epilogue caused my story to get the equivalent of a 6/10 :rainbowhuh: 4059257

nah, you would've got :yay::yay::yay::yay:/5 but I took one off for the epilogue.

That is 2 points off for something. If you count your score as being on a 100 point grading scale then you marked off 20 points for one chapter alone. I've seen video game scores get knocked off that much because they were too difficult :derpytongue2: people tend to ignore those reviews.

Sorry to be rude, but what was so wrong with the epilogue? 4059331

It seems rushed.

Sorry for not elaborating on it more but I'm not very good at explaining myself.:fluttershyouch:

Okay... shrugs :rainbowwild: I didn't have to write one I suppose. But I was never very good at not making things seem rushed. Still, I wrote everything as to not waste people's time in reading. 4059357

I loved this story :rainbowkiss: if you ever make a sequel I'd read it :pinkiehappy:

5048570 Thank you for reading :pinkiehappy:... a Sequel would be odd though, mainly because I never planned one :rainbowlaugh:

5049014
you're welcome, little changeling nymphs are just adorable ^^ ::pinkiehappy: and I totally understand, but just something to consider :pinkiecrazy:

your story's are good at the start but you rush though the rest take your time and go though it before you call it done:ajsleepy: still :pinkiesad2:

5177734 One should never rush through... punctuation!

All joking aside I feel like you're not showing your real opinion on my story, you simply state I am rushing, what do you mean? Also, to be fair this story was never meant to be that long in the first place. Also, thank you for saying my tales are good.

Comment posted by fan fantastic deleted Oct 23rd, 2014
Login or register to comment