• Published 27th Dec 2023
  • 431 Views, 17 Comments

Three Mares, Brain Injury, And A Dream - Nyronus



Chrysalis is dealing with some... unique magical problems. Cherry Jubilee is dealing with some finacial and relationship problems. Diamond Tiara is dealing with having to be in the room with the two of them.

  • ...
0
 17
 431

Coda - "I don't know, man, something something, two birds in the bush."

There was a rapid pounding on the door to the Apple family home.

“Come on in, door’s open!” Applebloom called from her spot on the floor, struggling to wrap a gift for the holiday.

The door slammed open and shut, and the rapid pitter-patter and huffed breathing of somepony small made their way across towards where Applebloom sat.

“Diamond Tiara!” Applebloom said with good cheer, only to be cut off when Diamond almost tackled her, grabbing her by the shoulders and shaking her.

“You didn’t tell me Applejack and Cherry Jubilee were involved!” Diamond hissed through gritted teeth.

“Now hold your horses!” Applebloom wailed. “What the hay is that supposed to mean?!”

“Involved! Together! Intimately aware of each other!

“Huh?!” Applebloom gaped.

Diamond Tiara opened her mouth to go on, but Applejack – fuming and redder in the face than Big Mac – burst into the room from the hallway.

“How the hay did you figure that out?!”

Author's Note:

Well, that certainly happened!

Camaleao, I hoped you like this. I had no idea what to do with Cherry Jubilee OR Diamond Tiara and Chrysalis, so I mashed them together! Happy Hearth's Warming!

Also, you (and everyone else reading this) should go give a shoutout to my boy SoloBrony, with without whom this fic genuinely would not have existed. I meant it when I said we co-wrote this. Really saved my bacon, bro.

And with that, a Happy Hearth's Warming to all, and to all, a good night!

Comments ( 10 )

this was pretty delightful! Something about you writing changelings is just really fun--this and the Old Lady just made me grin the whole time. Though maybe that's more that you know how to draw a funny story out in that kinda half-chuckling-at-your-own-story way that is warm and inviting. Thanks for the story, friend

Totally-not-reformed Chrysalis is my JAM!

11786132
IT'S RAZIEL-CHAN! Eyyyy!

For all your panicking, this was exquisitely woven together. Solo had been feeding me tidbits on Discord, but seeing the full thing was quite the experience in its own right. Thank you for a fantastic journey of misunderstandings, moderated malice, and magical blunt force trauma. Merry Jinglemas.

Wait wait wait. Is Miss Jubilee cheating on Applejack with Applejack?

Well done! Everyone's voices are completely on-point, which is especially important when you've got a character in disguise who keeps flubbing her lines. The narration does a great job of reflecting Chrysalis's every thought while also giving a lot of hint-hint nudge-nudge to the reader, like the hilarious bit where Chrysalis-Applejack obviously has changeling ears and we know it but Chrysalis doesn't. Plus it's great to see all her internal rationalizations and such. And pairing Cherry and Chrysalis like that was completely unexpected, but it worked really well! =)

11789410
Nobody said that Cherry and Applejack were exclusive. =P

11790258
The idea is that Cherry and AJ had a fling once, and Cherry wanted to rekindle it, no committed relationship. If you rewatch Last Roundup, Cherry's lines and behavior towards AJ can be read in a hilariously suggestive way.

11790261
I hadn't thought of that! I should watch it again.

Btw, well-done on the chapter titles too =)

Login or register to comment