• Published 28th Nov 2023
  • 707 Views, 26 Comments

What Happens In Las Pegasus - BaeroRemedy



You know the saying, everypony does. It's a city of cheap thrills, vice, and brief momentary flings. Nothing is permanent. Nothing is supposed to last here.

  • ...
0
 26
 707

Tomorrow

Shining Armor woke up exhausted. He yawned and reached out for the alarm clock with his magic and dragged it over to him. Six in the morning, of course. If his body was capable of letting him sleep longer, he would’ve done so. Years of waking up at the crack of dawn did not allow for much deviation, though.

There was one thing unusual, though. The pressure on his chest, and the sound of light snoring. He looked down to see a rainbow mane played out against his white fur and a blue muzzle pressed into his chest. Both of her back legs were wrapped around one of his and one of his hooves was holding her against him.

“Right…”

The activities of the night prior came flooding back in an instant to his tired mind. He had learned a few things about the mare now snuggled up against his side in the last day; she was incredibly fast, she was astoundingly limber, and she was very bossy. All things that Shining Armor had absolutely no problem with. If anything, it had been one of the better nights he’d shared with a mare in his life.

“Don’t try to think about that too much…” Shining mumbled to himself. It was easier said than done. He was pretty sure some things had been said last night that would’ve made a sailor blush. He was definitely sure that Rainbow had been on top of him more than the other way around. “What a mare…” He mumbled.

Shining pulled the sleeping pegasus a bit closer and ran his hooves over her body. Even sleeping and completely relaxed he could feel the muscles beneath her skin. She was taut and lean, like a coiled spring at all times. The horn atop his head lit up and he trailed magic down one of her wings and lightly squeezed and massaged the delicate limb. He had learned that she liked that, really liked it in fact. She had learned to like a lot about his magic pretty quick.

That was last night, though. They had made a point to make it a mantra that this had been just for yesterday. For most of the day the world had shrunk down to just these four walls, and sometimes just the bed.

“It’s not today, though. It’s tomorrow.” Which meant he had something he needed to do. The world existed again. It stretched beyond the bed and the four walls of his hotel room. It now stretched all the way back to Canterlot.

With the help of his magic he pried himself free from Rainbow Dash’s grasp and replaced his body with a pillow. Dash quickly attached herself to it and squeezed her body around it. He could only smile.

Shining sat on the edge of the bed and pulled his saddlebags over to him with his magic. The envelope was drawn from one of the pockets and he turned it end over end in his grasp. He looked at it, and then back to Rainbow Dash.

“Does it have to be tomorrow yet…?” He asked himself that question honestly. What if he just never opened the letter? What if he ignored it? Cadance still lingered in his mind, but Rainbow Dash lingered on his breath and in the rest of his senses. The mare sleeping soundly on the bed was a level of intoxication that he had never encountered previously and doubted he ever would again. His heart yearned for her passion, for her fire.

At the end of the day, and now at the start of it, he was a royal guard though. He was meant to protect the princesses, that included Cadance. Was breaking her heart, even when she had damaged his so many times, protecting her? It certainly wasn’t doing that emotionally.

Plus, Rainbow Dash said it herself: she moved fast. Sometimes ponies couldn’t keep up and they would stumble and fall just going after her. He had caught her momentarily, but who was to say how long the moment would last? It was just supposed to be for the night. That was the moment agreed upon. If he tried to hold on for any longer, then he would risk letting his grip slip and wind up watching her speed away.

Shining sighed and opened the letter.

Author's Note:

Yeah so I just really needed to write something that wasn't depressing and I have Shining Armor brainrot where I need to ship him with literally anyone but Cadance. It's short, it might not be great, but I wrote it over two days and desperately needed to get something like it out lol.

Comments ( 17 )

A nice and pleasant break from The Horrors.

Well I would say this was a pretty nice story again but sort of kind of bitter sweet as well because we all know what's going to happen but at least Shining Armor and Rainbow Dash have their moments together but unfortunately reality has to come sooner or later now I don't know this will affect if they ever see each other again but who knows this was a pretty good story keep up the good work

11762352
The Horrors return soon, though. I'm writing sobbing ponies as we speak.

A bittersweet tale in so many ways. Very enjoyable.

This was very good. :D

I wish there were more chapters to the story the store is almost too good to only have three chapters.

11762752
Yeah I wish there was too. I left it open for a sequel or continuation of some sort in case I get the time but I have a couple of other projects I need to attend to first.

I really loved this, and I second any plans for a sequel. Shining and Rainbow are both written to be so fun, and capturing them at this inflection point really highlights how they complement each other. You've built them up so well that I really want to see what happens a few years down the road when their paths cross again - you'd probably have to enter solid AU territory at that point, but basically any non-Cadance ship with Shining Armor needs to do that eventually.

11762918
Yeah the two ideas I had for sequels were either set a few weeks after this, maybe a year idk, and go full AU or just a reunion at the wedding and a fun little shock that Rainbow slept with one of her friends' brother.

11762926
I think the little shock option would be fine as like a little extra-epilogue to this one, but there isn’t enough substance for a whole story. I think you could start right around the start of the show. We know none of Twilight’s friends knew she had a brother; what if that wasn’t just because Twilight forgot to tell them, but that he was actively avoiding them (he probably knows that RD was in her group)? How does this affect his relationship with Cadance, and does it throw a wrench in Chrysalis’s plans? I don’t know if that interests you, but I think you’ve got a solid setup for a classic what-if fanfic!

Great story!

Is there going to be a M-Rated side story about what happened that night? It would be great to see more stories featuring these two together.

This was great, and there’s something very satisfying about shining just waking up to seeing Dash,
Would love a quick sequel to see how they react when they meet again.
Maybe even a friendly get together one day in the empire.

But as is this story was a delight

That was honestly amazing, I rarely read stories that explore a chemistry between characters like this, Like Shining Armor experienced, it was rather refreshing. Rainbow dash in the show as controversial as the opinion is, is my least favourite among the six, but I often find myself liking her far more in fanfiction. This story manages to feel in character for both the main characters as well as exploring further into what makes them tick.
All in all it was very enjoyable and I dare say you’ve earned yourself a new follower. If this is in your own opinion the result of some shining brain rot, then I’m excited to see whatever else you’ve got in store. Well done!

11763034
I can't write clop to save my life (believe me, I've tried) so no.

They need to fall in lovee!!:3

That was a good story.

I love this story so much, it's unreal. You did a really good job at selling Dash and Shining's chemistry. It just really feels like they mesh well together, and as the story goes you made me think it wouldn't be so bad if they got together. After all, both are willing, and it's not as if there's anything stopping them from getting toge--Oh, right.
There's a part of me that thinks this deserves a Sad tag, but I suppose it's more of a bittersweet tale than an outright sad one.
Still, I'm left wishing they could've given each other a shot.
Or, at the very least, that there was a sequel where Twilight introduces her friends and Shining has a minor aneurysm.
You're too good at making me ship Shining with anyone other than his wife.

Login or register to comment