• Published 18th Sep 2012
  • 6,295 Views, 179 Comments

The Force of Dreams - Deathscar



Rainbow's dream is about to come true! But if it does, is Twilight willing to accept it?

  • ...
11
 179
 6,295

Epilogue

Twilight stood on her balcony, the signature blue feather tucked safely behind her right ear. She stared up at the bright full moon, awaiting the pony she had missed so much. Suddenly, a light silhouette appeared in the sky, getting larger and larger with each passing second. Not long after, the shadow landed, revealing it to be the pony that Twilight was so anxious for.

“Ready for Daring Do night?” Twilight asked.

“You bet!” Rainbow responded, trotting into the treebrary with Twilight shutting the balcony door behind her.

As she stepped inside, Rainbow could already see that Twilight was fully prepared. From the plates of biscuits to the two cups of steaming hot cocoa. The corner where Rainbow and Twilight would lay was filled to the brim with cushions and the familiar cover of the Daring Do book, ‘Daring Do and the Feather of Dreams’, sat on the table just in front of it.

“Wow, you really prepared everything, huh?”

“Well, not everything.” Twilight’s horn glowed a faint purple as she levitated Celestia’s letter and any leftover papers into a drawer nearby.

“What about your letter to Celestia? I mean, you have the answers right? Don’t you need to send it as soon as you can?”

Twilight trotted to the cushions, sitting on them before turning towards Rainbow. “It can wait.”

Rainbow smiled warmly, flying towards the corner and snuggling close to Twilight.

“Oh! I almost forgot!” Twilight exclaimed. Her horn once again glowed and instantly, the lights in the library went dark. Rainbow couldn't even see her own hooves in front of her face.

“T-Twi? What’s going on?”

Just as Rainbow asked, a faint light appeared between her and Twilight. Rainbow turned to see a small candle sitting on the table in front of them. The dancing flame illuminating both of their faces lightly.

“Ready?”

“Ready.” Twilight levitated the book the book up but suddenly slammed her hoof against her forehead.

“What’s wrong?” Rainbow inquired, worried.

“I took out the feather, remember? I don’t remember where we stopped at!” Twilight hung her head low, her cheeks turning a dark shade of red.

“Hey.” Rainbow leaned in close and gave Twilight a slight peck on her cheek. “Let’s just start over.”

“W-what? B-but—”

“Come on,” Rainbow urged.

Twilight looked at Rainbow, confirming that Rainbow was not joking at all. She took a deep breath in. “Alright then, Rainbow.”

Rainbow spread her wings out, pulling Twilight closer to her. Twilight froze upon feeling Rainbow’s warm wings hit her back, her eyes widening in surprise.

“Twi?”

“Y-yeah?”

“Why do you care so much about that stupid feather anyway?” Rainbow asked, staring at the blue feather behind Twilight’ ear.

“You’re right. It is a stupid feather.” In one swift motion, Twilight turned her head and pecked Rainbow on her cheek. “But it’s your stupid feather.”

Rainbow kept silent, rolling her eyes in feign irritation.

“Ready to start?”

“Ready as ever!” Rainbow answered, staring at the light of the flame dance off the purple mare’s beautiful face.

“Okay.” Twilight begun, “chapter 1: Starting Anew. Daring Do had just finished her most recent adventure, one that challenged who she trusted and who she could let go. She sat in her apartment, ready for the next task at hand because she finally had a new accomplice to take on the world’s challenge with her! She was too absorbed into her thoughts to hear the knocking at the door...”

Comments ( 38 )

Awesome. A beautiful ending.

Thank you.

1844717 Thank you for reading it. :)

1844730 My thanks still sit with you. Simply because you wrote such a awesome story.

yay it is finally updated and finished, ive been keeping an eye on this story October lol great job. :rainbowwild::twilightsmile:

1844763 Haha, thank you so much for sticking by it. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did writing it.

indeed i did i wont lie i thought you had forgotten this story like so many others i've read, blanked apple for example

1844777 Hehe, yeah, the updates were very far apart. That's my bad.

understandable for the quality of the writing
:twilightsmile: also mare or stallion if you don't mind me asking?

1844793 Me? I'm a guy. Heh, I'm pretty direct with that ;)

1844805 heh careful im a guy too eyup:eeyup:

Very nice! Loved it all the way through. :twilightsmile:

I really do wish that I could write that well, so props to you from a fellow Twidash writer!

Great fic, I enjoy every chapter.

Aww, it's so cute!

1845086 Ahhh I understand. It's fine. I can see why it would be quite hard to believe. I'll try to improve next time! Thank you for taking the time to comment!

I hate to say it, but this was one of the worst confessions I have ever read... It lacked impact, emotion.

It would've worked, I think, had you let Twilight speak before falling. It just... I can't say what was wrong, something just was...

1850563 I'm really sorry to hear that. I think its because it may have gone too fast or that I am not well versed in doing impactful confessions. That is no excuse, however, and I'll definitely try to improve if I ever write another shipfic. Thank you so much for your comment. I'm always trying to improve myself.

1851214
I'll admit I think I may have been too harsh. Right after I had clicked away from the page after commenting, I realised that the confession was actually good, it was just weak, if that makes any sense.

I'm glad that you try to improve, instead of shouting at people like me who gives an honest opinion, negative as it may be. And yes, I do believe you're right. It was a bit too fast, and also a little OOC with Twilight, I think. She's known to go insane if something doesn't go her way, but wanting to get one of her friends hurt to get what she wants... A bit too much.

1852397 Ah, well, harsh may be hard to swallow but I sure you meant well. It's fine. And yes, I think that's the exact problem. In my opinion, Twilight is the hardest to write for without going OOC, as unlike the others, she does not have an instantly recognizable way of speaking like the others do. That being said, I'll definitely try to improve my grasp of her character, and hopefully write more believable (and better) shipfics. Thank you again for your comment! I appreciate the criticism!

1852406
You're welcome ^^

1852406 thanks for making a beatiful love story i know its been done many times but there are few that show the actual love between rainbow and twilight so perfectly. i thought it was cute to bad it came to an end. :twilightsmile::rainbowlaugh:

I was following this story from start to end, I really love to see it finished.

It was a really good read, I mean, REALLY good :twilightsmile:

Here, have some happy faces:
:pinkiehappy::ajsmug::rainbowwild::rainbowlaugh::twilightsmile:

Well done. I like the concept and that its finally finished. I understand about updates that end up weeks or months apart. Mine were steady then now its been a while. It happens but good job! :yay:

Beautiful. Thank you for sharing your talent with us.

9/10
:moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache::moustache:

RD

Couldnt think of any other way to spell out love than thus story. Very very beautiful, one of the best so far. 10/10:rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss::rainbowkiss::heart::twilightsmile::twilightsmile::twilightsmile::twilightsmile::heart:

Well took me some time to finish but i still enjoyed it, not something thats easy with Twidash these days since its been everywhere recently and i'm far too tired to review right know

2149844 Never heard of that o_O Which part are you talking about?

This was a joy to read. I really like reading TwiDash stories and this one was really good. I think this is the second one that I have read that had Twilight hoping for Dash to fail her Wonderbolts audition in order to get to spend more time with her. I just realized, I have most of your stories in the "Read later" list. I guess I will be reading a bunch more of your stories sooner or later. You will see me again before you know it. Keep up the great writing!

2519440 Thank you! I look forward to your opinions on my other stories and thanks for reading :D I'm glad you enjoyed it!

2519733
Oh, I have already read your "A Flier's Inner Fire." My GOSH I loved that story. It was beautifully written and an absolute joy to read. The thought and emotion that was put into that story sends shivers down my spine. Yeah, there is no doubt you will be seeing more of me soon.

That was a pretty decent read.

Who was knocking at the door... I feel as if I should know who... Tell me all your secrets... Unless you pinkie promised to keep them secret :pinkiecrazy:

Nue

What an amazing story! The feelings and emotions were so spot on that it really shocked me.
I mean, back in one of the previous chapters (chapter 3?) it explained that Twilight felt dead from losing Rainbow. I know exactly how she felt.

Going into my favs :twilightsmile:

Um, who was knocking? That is, if you don't mind me asking.

6255107 who said I was human? Who said I like humanity? :pinkiehappy:

6255124
That makes two of us then.

Login or register to comment