• Published 28th Jul 2021
  • 5,938 Views, 228 Comments

Seaborn - EdBoii



To be human is to be resourceful. For Saul this must hold true like never before. Alone in a land of warlike unicorns in an age beyond Equestria and devoid of harmony, Saul must make a life for himself in a world of mares, blood and cold iron. (RGRE)

Comments ( 24 )

Ok.Ok.Ok.
What the hell did you put Vasily Zarubin in there, how can I unsee it now? (My neighbor in the entrance). It's just a cosmic coincidence that the faces and clothes are still in adidas! Well, how can I take history seriously now? When did I recognize my neighbor in the picture?!
Phew, but seriously the chapter is well written. But now, for me, the story has suddenly acquired a comedic quality.:rainbowlaugh:

TO WAR!
I fear for our Lord of brine. I do hope he has something up his sleeve to get out of this. You got me hooked and I eagerly await the next chapter.

Oh god the waiting begins anew>< This is getting great though. Still not sure why he attempted to build a cannon and not say, a trebuchet.

I do also hope to see when the romance comes in, hopefully between Saul, the sister Pearl and perhaps Rainstorm, but who knows.

11223015
Cannons huh. I thought he would jump straight to guns given that he knows how to make gun powder like a musket, flintlock, or a simple revolver.

Given that these unicorns don't seem to know any advanced spells besides levitation (and the healing spell in Pearl's case), guns can be extremely deadly to infantry.

I'm not sure if she was mad at him at the end there, or not.

Saul looking for saltpeter reminded me of a National Geographic episode. Back in the history they used to use pigeon and bat guano to make gun powder.

And there goes the last chapter for the foreseeable future. Man, I was enjoying words you spoil us with. Like you said, hopefully the next arc won’t take as long as this one but writing is an arduous and time consuming pursuit, and even more so for quality writing. You’ve delivered 11 chapters already, and I don’t doubt you’ll deliver more that will rouse the same excitement I feel whenever I see an update. Keep at it!

Welp… trebuchet time maybe?

Also, that drawing… Adidas… Saul went from mysterious badass to… “tripaloski”

And I’m okay with it.

11223598
Cannons would be the best for taking down walls, the sound, sight, and destruction would shock the ponies, thinking it was a Celestia given weapon. Sure a firearm could do that, but in this case the size of the weapon would hold a larger impact. THEN he'd blow their minds again by saying 'I could make it smaller you know'.

If you tear down a cities defenses before they fight, they'd lose the will to fight and you'd save lives, which your liege can add to her army. Hence why I think he'll have to turn to siege engines like catapults and trebuchets. Saves on Iron by using wood, seemingly easier to construct, but heavier to move and I think would be less destructive and accurate then a cannon. All speculation though lol.

Hmm. I've thoroughly enjoyed this so far. Seems like it's going to drag though. Can't see the main character performing too important of a role in the next several chapters. Hope I'm wrong.

Man great work, I am very keen for the next chapter!

История красивая, но вот картинка господи... Напоминает встречу гопников. 🤣

I love it! I can't wait for the next installment.

Dead

11377061
Not dead, I'm just busy with life. I'll continue the story as things calm down.

Comment posted by Dima deleted Oct 29th, 2022

Автор продолжай эту красивую историю что ты создаешь для нас... Мы все поклонники этих маленьких няшных поняш:) Особенно бэтпони. 😇

This. Is awesome.~ :pinkiehappy:

-Rub

Damn, this is getting better with every new chapter I read. Got me really hyped for the chapter following that Lil cliff hanger of a closer. Love what you've been doin with this tale so far and I hope that life can get out of your way enuff for you to be able to crank some more out for us. Keep up the good work bruv✌️

Ау!!!! Кто нибудь тут живой есть? Нету новой главы...

11377164
I was doing some early "spring cleaning" of my library and saw your story was on hiatus. Read in the comments that you were busy with life. Hope things are going well for you and Happy Hearth's Warming.

Login or register to comment